NATION

PASSWORD

Voice of the New Earth (New Earth only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeuria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 13, 2014
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Aeuria » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Royal Apartments, Imperial Palace
Inside the sprawling personal chambers of the Aeurian Emperor, a small dinner was about to begin in a relatively modest dining room. The walls, dark paneled mahogany, were adorned with surrealist paintings each flanked by elaborate wall sconces. At the rectangular table, 3 places were set. One for the Emperor, Crown Princess Marie, and the Minister of Social Harmony, Lady Angele Faust.

After the riotous spectacle in the Senate which left his daughter embarrassed and disgraced before the entire body, the Emperor tempered his daughter's rage and denied her demand of Faust's dismissal. Instead, he called the longtime Minister and political servant for a private dinner with his daughter to discuss the incident. While Faust had assured the Princess of a unanimous vote on a motion to establish a regency while her father was in Imperial Burma retrieving Frumentarius Vulpes, the motion was met with immediate outrage and threw the Senate into a riot. While Marie had demanded the immediate dismissal of the woman who orchestrated her public embarassment, it seemed her father had other plans.

So the three sat in an uncomfortable silence in the private room devoid of servants. Having already brought in the food, the usual servants who waited on the Emperor and his guests were absent. Aleksander had taken it upon himself to serve the table both its wine and meal. After the table was finally set, each place now occupied by a plate of food and each glass filled with water or wine, the monarch took a deep breath and sat down. Offering a curt smile to the two, he cut into his filet and quickly chewed a small piece; allowing the others to begin. The three sat in silence for several minutes, the only sounds being the occasional scrape of cutlery against the porcelain.

"Tell me, Angele," Aleksander began suddenly, setting his fork down. "Are you familiar with the story of Emperor Lucius IV?"

Holding her wineglass, the Minister pursed her lips before shaking her head slightly. "I don't believe I am, Your Majesty."

"He's rather obscure so I'm not surprised. He only reigned for 7 months in the 15th century." the emperor continued, taking a drink from his own wineglass. "I won't go into too much detail but they say he was a rather competent and popular ruler, especially with the people. However, he was young, very young when he took the throne - only 17. And well, he had it in his mind that he was going to go and make things better for the commoners. I suppose you could say he didn't much care to see poverty and disease within the marbled city, hm? To fund this noble endeavor, he decided to levy a tax against the noble estates - a small sum, a fraction of what they were already paying - to pay for grain to be handed out, you see? Well as it happened, the nobles didn't much care for young Lucius nor his taxes. In fact, some say they outright hated Lucius - publicly denouncing him, conspiring against him, you name it. So do you know what they did to Lucius, Minister Faust?" Aleksander asked, tilting his head slightly and staring into the Minister's eyes.

Ignorant of the tale and rather confused at it and any relevance it held, Angele shook her head again.

"A group of 54 Senators denounced him during an open session of parliament, grilled the young man on questions highlighting his inexperience, and ultimately left him disgraced. Days later, Lucius was found dead in the courtyard of the Imperial Palace, having jumped from the 5th floor onto the cobblestones below." Aleksander said simply, setting his napkin on the table beside his plate. "Gin?" he asked, sliding his chair back and standing up. Minister Faust looked mortified as she again shook her head while Princess Marie gave a single nod, staring at the disgusted Minister. Walking over to the liquor cabinet beside the table, Aleksander lifted the lid of the ice bucket, revealing a large chunk of ice. "Ice, Marie?"

"None for me." the princess replied, sitting motionless.

The monarch picked up an ice pick from the tray and took a few stabs at the block of ice, producing several chunks. Using a small pair of tongs, he dropped the chunks into a glass before covering them with a fine, Aeurian gin. "The point of that story, to me anyway, is the dangers posed to a royal from a conspiring parliament." he continued, his back still turned to the table. "A large part of why I neutered the Senate when I was crowned. Was there backlash? Sure, you were there to see it, Angele. In fact, if I recall, you were a proponent of the idea." Downing the contents of the glass, Aleksander put the top back on the ice bucket.

"Yes, Sir. I do recall. A most wise decision that left you unopposed when it came to policy." Minister Faust replied without turning around.

"So why is it you've betrayed my daughter as those 54 senators did Emperor Lucius?" the emperor asked, setting his glass down on the cabinet.

"Well, I... I wouldn't say I betrayed Her Highness." Faust contested, setting her wineglass down. "Simply, put into place. She assumes too much responsibility, too many duties. She acts as if she's to take the throne tomorrow."

Marie's face contorted with anger. "Do you know whom you address? I am the Heir Apparent to the Crown of Aeuria - you are an expendable bureaucrat."

Faust merely smirked, resigning to sit back in her chair. "I am His Majesty's longest-serving Minister. You are an upstart who clearly thinks herself a master statesman. I have overseen Social Harmony for as long as your father has ruled this country. I am quite comfortable in my job security."

Tapping his fingers on the counter, Aleksander cocked his head. "Indeed, Minister Faust, indeed." he noted, deftly picking up the ice pick. Turning around, he raised a single finger to his lips as he locked eyes with his daughter. "33 years you've served me. Tirelessly, loyally, and without question. You've survived cabinet reshuffles and political turmoil. Always there for me to rely on." he went on as he slowly made his way back to the table.

"Thank you, Sir. As you know, I make it an effort to make myself available to you." Faust replied.

"But it's obvious you've become arrogant enough during your tenure to chastise my children and that simply won't do." Aleksander hissed before plunging the ice pick into the side of Faust's head. With a sickening pop, the metal spike disappeared into the Minister's head, its ivory handle protruding neatly from the woman's temple. Princess Marie gasped in surprise at the swift and sudden blow, her eyes-wide and mouth agape as she clutched her wineglass, staring at the horror before her. Still alive and seemingly unaware of the fatal wound, Minister Faust simply sat motionless.

Taking his seat, Aleksander straightened his cufflinks before sighing. Looking down at his plate he shrugged before glancing at his daughter who stared at him with the same shocked expression. "That may have been impulsive." he admitted plainly as the Minister began to gasp and choke.

"You were mulling that impulse since I told you what she did." Marie replied coldly, looking at her father.

Raising his eyebrows and pursing his lips, Aleksander offered a devious smile. Before he could reply however, Minister Faust began to twitch and mumble. The pair stared at the woman, who now had a bead of blood rolling down the side of her face, as she giggled for a moment. "I... I can't see." she uttered. The Minister continued to giggle before offering a shocked expression. She began speaking in Latin, making overt gestures with her hands, all while continuing to giggle.

Feeling sick, Marie twisted in her chair. As Faust began to stutter and choke, the princess stood up and walked around the table. Picking up her father's napkin, she grabbed the ice pick with it and pulled the spike from Faust's head. Her struggling and utterances stopped immediately as a fount of blood poured from the wound before she collapsed forward onto the table, face down in her food.

Lighting a cigarette he had placed between his lips, Aleksander puffed a few times before looking at his daughter who now stood holding the bloody ice pick. "Technically, you killed her." he said behind a cloud of smoke.

Disgusted, Marie set the ice pick down on the table next to Faust's body and threw the napkin into the fireplace. "What the hell are you thinking? How is this supposed to play out now? You just murdered a member of your cabinet."

Emperor Aleksander snorted with a laugh. "Come on, Marie, you're not a little girl anymore. Needless to say this isn't the first time someone's died in these apartments." Shaking his head, he stood up, slightly off-put by the pool of blood forming on the table around the dead Minister. "Vulpes will take care of the body so she's found at home and make it look like a burglary gone awry. It will be a national tragedy that will completely overshadow your so-called 'attempted coup'. Believe it or not, Angele was quite well liked, people will mourn her passing. Are you alright?"

Marie took a deep breath, crossing her arms as she paced in front of the fireplace. "Yes, I - yes, I'm fine. Hell, I just wasn't expecting to see her get an ice pick to the head."

"You did see me pick it up. I even shushed you." Aleksander countered, attempting levity.

Raising a single finger, the princess shook her head. "No." Sighing heavily, she faced her father. "Don't do that. I just never expected to see you kill someone. I'll be fine. I'm going home, don't stop by this week." Marie ordered before storming out of the room, slamming the door.

Aleksander took a deep breath, resting his hands on his hips. Looking at the crime scene that now occupied his dining room, he shook his head. Angele had been an exemplary Minister but had grown too comfortable in her seniority. He thought she would have known the price for betraying him or one of his children, and perhaps she did, but he was disappointed to say the least. Taking a final drag from his cigarette, he stubbed it out in the ashtray on the table before leaving the room. Stopping into a parlor just down the hall for a moment, a group of Frumentarii emerged moments later and filed into the dining room, closing the doors behind them. Aleksander looked at the set of mahogany doors a final time before climbing the staircase that led to his bedroom. By morning, Minister Faust's body would be found in her parlor; the apparent victim of a burglary gone wrong. He would have to begin interviewing for a replacement. He groaned at the thought as he reached the top of the stairs.

Shengdi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shengdi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:20 am

Beijing, Shengdi
The Forbidden City

Chancellor Xian walked down the lonely pathway heading towards the Qianlong Gardens, only the occasional presence of a guard or passing aide reminding her that she wasn't alone in this world. This city, she thought, that was built for an Emperor to live and die in. It was a remarkable sight, a world walled away from Beijing with its own housing and legal presence, and it was no less such weeks later.

Wuying first arrived at the palace two weeks following the abdication of the Emperor. He surrendered himself to the military, having positioned an agreement that would allow him to retreat from the state if he offered no more resistance to the new government. Most agreed, but Wuying was at the time still the acting-Chancellor and so could not do much to prevent it. She did however order the majority of the imperial staff to be arrested, which was her prerogative to preside over once she arrived in the city. It was such a magnificent show to have been part of, the young Chancellor entering through the Meridian Gate flanked by small platoon of loyal Republican soldiers, and her aides took notes of her every instruction:

The entrance must be marked with the Republican seal; any sign of imperial ownership must be chiseled away; the affections of the Emperor should be burned or destroyed; the palace should be emptied of any worker; her demands went on considerably.

In her first day, the Chancellor heard the arguments regarding the former imperial staff, and controversially she decided to put the majority to death. Anybody that was of noble birth, or had been too close with the imperial system, could not be trusted in Shengdi's new age. She watched them executed just at the steps of the main palace hall, a grisly but not undeserved fate given their crimes.

She arrived at the Qianlong Gardens, which was at the moment her personal residence in Beijing. The government had yet to really decide on their administrative buildings, and Wuying recognized that it was common elsewhere for republican representatives to take up residence at former royal homes; although the thought irked her no less. This is was a symbol of oppression wrapped in ornate jade and renown architecture. Sighing she sat down on the steps to the entrance, taking a break from all of her worldly duties to at least admire the peacefulness of it all.

It wouldn't last long. From the entrance to the residence she watched as a troop of Republican militia arrived, brandishing with them what looked like four or five prisoners - likely former aristocrats that were caught fleeing the city. The first soldier, probably a militia captain about her age, saluted her and gestured to the captives.

"Arrested as they tried to flee our justice. Since there is no mayor yet, I believe the order comes down to you, Ma'am. They're all imperials."

"Take them to the wall." She said inattentively, her mind occupied elsewhere as she enjoyed her break in the palace yard.

"Please," one of the nobles cried. "I have a family, I don't want to fight. I... just want to put this behind us; you have nothing to fear from us anymore."

"Doubly so when you're dead." Wuying replied, standing up to address the bound and now kneeling group of imperialists. "What, ah, was your rank - in the system, what was it?"

"A prince." He said. "I was the Prince of Shaoguan."

"Interesting. If I didn't live in Hong Kong, I would've been a peasant." She smiled, then knelt down to get a better at look him. "You people; you will never be able to see our society without rank, without place. As if we were born to be under your boot. You've committed centuries of offenses against us, and finally in our moment of due justice, you beg for mercy? You see, I can not allow you to live for it endangers everything we've fought for. Blue-bloods simply don't belong in our society, in any form." She stood up suddenly, looking at the captain. "To the wall."

She watched for a moment as the militia pulled them back up from the ground, a momentous crying of sorrows and anger while the Prince and his retinue both begged and cursed the Chancellor. She smiled, maybe not out of joy at their own suffering, but that they thought insults and begging would have won them their freedom. It surely wouldn't in their society. Frowning she decided to return to her thoughts and sat back down at the stairs. Soon their crying was drowned out by gunshots, and the Chancellor found some peace in that.

The Noiharan Union
Attaché

Founded: Apr 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Noiharan Union » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:48 am

Seitenshi Palace
Kuromorinime, Noihara

"We'll move him to Miyakojima, away from all the people. The military hospital will take care of him very good. I am sure about that, besides, he will probably die within the next days anyway" Yuuko said, sitting in her office in the Seitenshi Palace.

"The press will be after us. They are literally occupying the hospital. We can't get him out of there without anyone seeing it," the Prime Minister Irina Kazane replied. She looked through the latest medical reports on the Supreme Leaders health condition. The best doctors in Noihara wrote dozens of reports and suggested several different treatments but none of them was promising. All of them came to the same conclusion - the Noiharan Supreme was about to die. "Acute lymphoblastic leukemia,", she sighed. "He had it for years and every time he recovered from it but now? It hit him hard now".

"He still is the fucking Supreme Leader. We'll figure something out but we need to get him out of there until someone actually finds out that he is in there. At the moment they just assume he's there. Besides, if he actually dies it means that he was weak, too weak to lead the country properly."

"And what do we do about the press?"

"We'll deny everything for now. As soon as this story leaves this room we could face serious trouble. Akio was the only one able to keep all factions under control with his apparatus of power. The Purists will be the first ones to raise against us. And if they succeed, we'll literally face a world war. Most of them are in the army, it won't be a problem for them to get enough support from the public."

"Indeed. We need to take them out before they start being proactive"

"We need to purge them. I have a list of suspects within the army, among them even 4 high-ranking officers within the NIA." Yuuko explained taking out a folder from beneath her desk and passing it to Irina.

"Misaki Kanazawa, Erwin Ackermann, Takashi Nonaka and Alfred Strachwitz. Wait a minute Alfred Strachwitz?" Irina was visibly irritated.

"Yes Alfred Strachwitz, Inspekteur des Heeres. Both Akio and I knew about his disobedience. He and all the others in this list could somehow be linked to political hardliners within the Purist faction. All of them could threaten the new order, therefore all of them must go. They must be interrogated and then executed in public."

"There are more and more Purists becoming disloyal within the government or the military. From what I know you are one too"

"I am Yuuko von Noihara and I shall be remembered as the Crimson Supreme Leader of Noihara! It is my duty to lead this country after his death and to purge all the evil who dares to oppose me. I will continue what Akio has started but I won't be as soft as him. The new order I will create will finally bring peace and prosperity to Noihara, no more weakness, no more hesitation, we'll ascend to glory, Irina. On which side do you choose to be on?"

"Akio choose you as his successor and I always trusted his decisions but...I don't know. I have faith in your military leading abilities but perhaps he made a too careless decision this time. In my eyes, you still have to prove yourself"

"Oh, I will. Be assured that I take my destiny very serious. Sadly it seems like we'll have to repeat the Great Purge of 2008. The government is full of traitors and the Jägers will take them out. Choose your side wisely Irina, it would be a shame if we find ourselves on opposite sides after all the things we went through."

"I will take my leave now. Tell me if something new happens." Irina said while bowing respectfully. She left the room quietly.

"I will Irina. Thank you" Yuuko replied. She watched the Prime Minister leaving the room and closing the door behind her. Yuuko knew what hardships she was going to face in the near future. Time was running out and she had to make her first moves to assure that power remains in her hands. She knew only executing a few won't do, instead, she had to create a blood bath to consolidate her authority in front of the politicians, the military, and the Noiharan people and the Jägers she commanded were perfect for that undertaking.

"Prove myself in her eyes? How dare you, you imbecile subhuman!" she yelled, "I hate you, I absolutely fucking hate you...Irina Kazane. I will get rid of you. No one absolutely no one has the right to stand in my way...". She took the phone and dialed a number. "Sayako? I hereby order the arrestation and execution of Irina Lenuta Kazanescu known under the name of Irina Kazane for treason against the Noiharan people. Do it as quick as possible. Also get me Alfred Strachwitz into my office. I have things with him to discuss"

The same day

Yuuko sat in her office when a young soldier entered the room holding a folder in her right hand. She saluted the Field Marshal and proceeded to explain the reason of the disturbance.

"Excuse me for interrupting, but Generaloberst Alfred Strachwitz has arrived and is waiting for you," she said.

"Bring him in," Yuuko replied. She sorted several documents back into a folder on her desk. After the young soldier left the room she opened one of the drawers of her desk and made sure she had anything she needed for her encounter with Strachwitz. As the Generaloberst entered the room he saluted Yuuko.

"Good day, Generalfeldmarschall Nakamura!" he said.

"Please take a seat Strachwitz. Do you know why I called you here?" she asked. She looked straight at his face making him feel more than uncomfortable. Her face was emotionless and her voice calm, yet powerful, while his face became pale and his forehead sweaty and the words stuck in his throat.

"I-I do not," he muttered.

"What was that Strachwitz? Please behave like a Noiharan military officer not like a child and speak loader while you still can"

"I do not"

"Ah...way better don't you think? Well, Strachwitz, I called you here because I wanted to talk to you but first of all, I have to announce something. Supreme Leader Akio vi Noihara is dead, well at least he will be soon. I am in power from this day on. Sadly, I still have some obstacles in my way which need to be taken out first. Do you understand?"

"He is dead!? And what obstacles are you talking about?"

"Disloyal people within the government and the military. I will get rid of them very soon. The most painful example is Prime Minister Kazane. She served well under Akio but her services are not required by me"

"Prime Minister Kazane too?"

"Yes. You had a fling with her didn't you?"

"What? I-I...How did you know that?"

"Please, I know a lot of things. Well not that it would matter anymore now that she is dead - didn't survive a bullet in her head. You know she had the same problem as you which in my eyes is very funny. She questioned my authority just like you questioned Akios and probably mine as well. Both of you will end in the same way"

"I certainly did not question your authority" he replied quickly.

"Let me finish. Not only did you question his authority, you had contact with enemies of the government as well. You and the other radical Purists actually deemed your ideas better than Akios and you only waited for him to die so that you can ascend to power. He was okay with that and that was his problem at that point, not mine, but it has become my problem just today and I certainly do not need people like that. Therefore your services are no longer required."

"Are you going to put me in jail?" he asked. Yuuko only began to laugh as she heard the words of Strachwitz. With one hand she opened the drawer again and took out a black case. She opened it carefully and turned the open side to Strachwitz. In the case were a pistol and several equipment parts and magazines.

"I will kill you with this gun, Strachwitz, and there is nothing you can do about it", she said. As she finished speaking she knocked on the table and two guards with assault rifles entered the room and positioned themselves next to the door. "But before I do that I have a surprise for you," she continued. She looked at the guards and made a gesture with her hand causing the guards to drag Strachwitz from the chair and pushing him out on the balcony. As he looked down from the balcony he spotted some well-known faces on the driveway. His wife and his two children were sitting on the ground with their hands bound together and clothes covering their eyes. They were surrounded by soldiers of Noiharas secret police the Jägers. His eyes suddenly filled with tears and he turned around to Yuuko as he fell down on his knees.

"I beg you My Leader, please spare their lives. They have nothing to do with all this. Punish me not them!" he sobbed.

"Oh no, I cannot let this faulty family live any longer. Those kids one day will seek revenge for you just like every proud Noiharan would. Sparing their lives simply won't do.", she sighed. She walked towards the handrail and looked at the captives in front of the balcony. "Frau Strachwitz, your husband cheated on you with this whore called Irina Kazane. I thought I might tell you this because obviously, Herr Strachwitz has no balls to be honest enough to admit it but he does have the balls to whore around. Pathetic. But don't worry, I had her executed earlier this day", she laughed. With her free hand, she dragged Strachwitz to the handrail. "You are going to watch, you imbecile. This is what you get for being disloyal", she whispered into his ear.

"Kill them!" she shouted. The soldiers pointed their rifles towards Strachwitz' family and after several gunshots, Strachwitz wife and children collapsed while their blood was covering a big part of the street. "This is all because of you, you and only you. It almost breaks my heart to put an end to a family just like that. It would probably hurt more if I wouldn't deem your whole clan as nothing but useless subhumans" she continued to speak. She took several steps backward from him and pointed her pistol towards his head. Strachwitz didn't even look at her anymore. He was just crying and cursing her name.

"You see, the world will not change through naive talks. Game over...Alfred Strachwitz" and as she finished talking she pulled the trigger. For her, this was only the beginning of something big. A new great purge for her own good and for the sake of Noihara.
Last edited by The Noiharan Union on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edelreich
Envoy

Founded: Feb 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:53 am

Hamburg, Edelreich
Meeting of the Vanguard

"We have the benefit of popular support in the Rhine though. The conditions there obviously push them towards favoring us."

"Yes, but the same could be said for the nationalists. The DNP has been fighting us every step in the industrial regions."

"An issue that needs to be corrected."

"Comrade Holtz has written about solutions before. What do you think?"

Gerhard Staudinger, the deputy leader of the Socialist Workers' Party of the Edelreich took a moment to answer that question, instead focusing on lighting his cigarette. Around him sat a collection of the higher leadership of the SWP, the intelligentsia responsible for most of its literature and direction in the 21st century. Of course included were a number of socialist and communist authors, philosophers, and representatives of other minor movements around the Hamburg area. It was expressly decided in advance that the meeting was more of an emergency and logical discussion, not a political arena, which was the primary reason it was being held in a nondescript hotel room.

He took a puff from his cigarette, blowing the smoke away from the table to not be disrespectful, and finally looked up to break the silence.

"His writing on the Ideological State Apparatus, I believe, will be instrumental in our struggles in the German world and has brought a German Proletariat view to the mainstream left. A pity he couldn't be here today; excuse my language but the arrest was shit."

"They all are." Responded Albert Heidrich, the chief editor of the Hamburg-based Daily Worker. "But what did you think about his new approach on the final consequences?"

"Uh, the Final Struggle; yes I do think that's what it was called. I agree with the majority of it, his dialectical approach of Marxist politics in Europe can't really be argued against I suppose. Though I think he focused too much on the idea of finality, perhaps. This is a tremendous moment for us, but he's portrayed it as David and Goliath." Staudinger paused, taking another drag from his cigarette. He quite enjoyed discussing Holtz's writings, and felt rather insulted by his arrest by the authorities in Prussia on charges of inciting rebellion. "It's such a negative view of the world; considering that the people of Scandinavia and Nowistrana are lost causes. The proletariat isn't a concept that changes throughout nation, only the implementation necessary to free them."

Erik Muntz, who was the individual behind the planning of the Hamburg march, nodded in approval. "I'm glad I recommended you Luise, you really seem to have taken to her." He said, referring to the rather popular German Communist work, On the Infallibility of the Revolution and Proletariat, which was written by Miss Luise Wandesleben with assistance from Klaus Behrend. It was her first work, and a hit in the radical left-wing circles for its inspiring message and anti-sectarian thoughts.

The majority nodded in agreement, Muntz standing up to get another bottle of liquor to pour for the drinkers in the group. Staudinger sighed, he and Heidrich looking over an internationalist newspaper segment about the march. In the corner, the rather unusually quiet party leader, Ludwig Rosen, festered for a moment longer.

"Holtz speaks of a principle that I agree with," he said suddenly and with a voice that caused the room to turn to face him. "We have grown steadily over the years, but in such a moment of time as this, we have exploded with numbers. Never before have so many people flocked to our ranks, openly challenging the reactionaries in the streets. Some of you here now, I dare say, would not be if not for this feeling."

"The flames of revolution are in the air!" Shouted the boisterous Ulrich Holweck.

Calmly, Rosen agreed with him and approached the mass. "See, Holtz speaks of a revolutionary Marxist Zeitgeist in this generation that enables us the best chance to apply our beliefs to the world. Now I can't speak on this matter of finality - you know that I don't buy this 'last chance' business - but I do believe this is our time." He grabbed the newspaper from Staudinger and Heidrich, showing the front page headline: German Socialist Parties on the Rise!

"Such a moment as now is when we need to pull everything together. While we have had some disagreements in the past, we are all comrades and I think we can agree that our party is the new-age German vanguard. We must follow the Marxist praxis, focusing on the education of the worker and lower classes, show the nationalists for the monsters they are, and step towards to that long-awaited moment we have all fought for."

Everyone immediately stood, even the few less taken to shows of political performance, and clapped at the rousing message delivered by Rosen. Muntz poured the rest of the bottle into everyone's glass, and they took a toast to Rosen's message, with a cry for the revolution sent up to the heavens.

Anglian Kingdom
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglian Kingdom » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:02 am

Laeyrbeck Estate, Aberdeenshire

"Fucking Westmore."

Franklin groaned, leaning his hand on the side of the porch as he neared the end. He past the estate windows in a reddened stupor, his wife watching as he stepped down from the front and turned onto the side of the facade, where a small fenced-in clearing rested mostly in the shade. It was perhaps somewhat out of place given the typical assumptions of what a manorial house was like, with farms and cattle or sheep rearing; but he had appreciated the simplicity of it and their gentle ways.

Each day he woke early in the morning, about the break of day and get a cup of coffee. Maybe he'd read the newspaper while drinking it, but once his wife Mary would start preparing breakfast, it was promptly out the door for him. As was the routine. His creaking on the porch was a typical part of the morning silence, which would only break further as he walked down towards the side, his movements arousing his host. A small herd of prize rabbits he had bought and had delivered to Laeyrbeck, and each morning they would squeal in delight at his presence, waiting for his hand to bring them food.

At least... that would be the usual routine, if it wasn't for a fierce and bloody sight that awaited Franklin. He already guessed the cause of the silence, having warned his far neighbor Westmore to chain his dog, before he even reached the corner. Every single rabbit was killed, chewed on by a labrador that made a quick getaway in the night.

"Son of a bitch." He said exasperated. "Every single one. That goddamn dog." He watched for a moment, the uncomfortable silence only doing to anger him more. He heard a gasp and turned back, seeing his wife standing there in shock.

"Oh god."

"Every goddamn one Mary!" He yelled. "Westmore's dog ate all of my fucking rabbits."

"Those poor little things..."

He sighed, frowning as he opened the gate to the fencing and walked inside. He looked around for a moment, staring at the carnage. "That's it. I told him, I told him no, that his idiot dog wouldn't stay away the last time. Bastard. Inconceivable bastard." He said rambling. "Dammit, I told him Mary; did I not tell him? That's absolutely negligence. I swear as God is my witness, I am taking Westmore's ass to court. These weren't cheap either, Mary, you let me hear that like five times. I should go over there right now and let him fucking hear it; shoot his goddamn dog while I'm at it."

"Oh no Frank," she said, "You can't do that. You'll get in trouble."

"What, and let that goddamn incompetent bastard get away with killing my rabbits? No! No, I'm gonna sue him; that's absolutely the end of it, I want my goddamn money for this. I'm absolutely hiring a guard from now on - anybody walk on this property without permission, bam! Dead. That's what I should do."

"Excuse me." Came another voice. A man's.

Franklin turned in surprise, seeing a member of the Anglian carrier service standing a few feet away from him, having crept up in the commotion no less; his awkward standing giving away his uncertainty.

"Are you the Baron Laeyrbeck?" He said in a northerly accent, coming out as a pronounced Lie-beck. Franklin nodded, causing him to pull an envelop out of his burlap shoulder-bag, handing it to him. "Straight from His Majesty, Sir."

He took the white envelope, using his spare hand to wipe the sweat off his face and gave a small tip to the man before sending him on his way, not without a warning to stay away from cursed Westmore's dog. Curious, he tore it open, pulling out a handwritten note that he quickly recognized as being written by His Majesty itself.

"Dear Friend," he read allowed to his curious wife. "As the months have passed, and the suddenness of father's death becomes more distant, I find a remaining difficulty in adjusting to these new conditions and expectations. I know it is expected of me, and that with time comes experience, but I still find myself uncertain in this role. Your previous visit, I desire you to know, lifted a heavy weight from my conscious for a short time and gave me pause from these worries. I would extend you another invite to London, if you could make it, as a guest and friend in my company. You have always been an ally of mine, and in these days of politics I can take comfort our conversations will lack such a taste. Your Friend, Richard."

He pursed his lips and browsed over the letter again, folding it as he wife walked up to him.

"That's sweet. I trust you're going?"

"Of course dear. He is the king now, how could I refuse?" He smirked, looking down and remembering he was still standing in the field. "Christ. Uh, look, can you call like somebody to come help with this Mary? I really need to cool off... and call my lawyer."

"Sure thing."

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:06 am

Augsburg, Bavaria
Meeting of the Monarchist League

"...there is a considerable list of preferable candidates to support if in the event of an agreement, some of which I may concede are more agreeable than others. Chiefly among them is the head of Oberreuth-Angiling-Höchburg, who is of the original ruling family. However others have instead put forward Johannes Anton von Lüttenwalde as their preferred choice." The master of the lodge read from the paper, pausing to look up at the room. The rows were packed considerably with members tonight, one of the more pinnacle moments of the league's history - the attempted ending of a rift between them for decades now. "It is a necessity, that between these two favored individuals, a solution is found by the society. Otherwise advancing forward with any work will be both pointless and entirely worthless."

"Anton!" One of the members shouted. "He's Catholic! And a Swabian!"

"The Lüttenwaldes have no right to sit the throne," came a retort. "Heinrich's family have claim through King Friedrich's line."

"There hasn't been an Oberreuth since 1845. Are we to consider a 172-year old claim as having any form of credence? No; Johannes is just as valid as Heinrich!"

Most of the local Bavarians roared in agreement, the lodge master silencing them with his gavel.

"This is of course the crux of the issue. The Oberreuth's claim, while valid, has been long ignored and aged without benefit; the Lüttenwaldes are equal in consideration, if only because they remain quite popular."

"You northerners are always against us. Every proposal we make is ignored."

"How can we allow a Catholic to rule over the north?"

"And how can we permit a Protestant Crown?" A member retorted. "We must push for the memory of the Germanic Empire!"

"Anton is too young to be experienced. Heinrich has years of experience."

"Heinrich is likely to keel over within the first week, leaving us with nothing."

The lodge master silenced the speakers again, banging his gavel. "Perhaps it's for the best if we take a short recess. This is sure to go on for a while."
Last edited by Edelreich on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anglian Kingdom
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglian Kingdom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 am

Buckingham Palace, London

At the front of the palace the Baron Laeyrbeck and his wife stepped out from their sedan, a guard helping them to the front door as a contingent of the King's Life Guards waited at attention. The regiment was accustomed to state and private visitations, their regimental history firmly planted in the protection of the King, and the appearances of grandeur and tradition for those invited. Rather they have done much of the same since the 17th century, with their origins in the Alcasian royal guard that had inspired the Anglian monarchy to create a similar force. Back then, and for a while after, the Royal Household practically had their own army - regiments of musketeers, cavalry, even Swiss guards served directly under the monarch. Though most of that was now in the past, with the majority of the military, while under name of His Majesty, serving in the armed forces directly. However the King's Life Guard remained a household unit.

The couple entered quietly through the Ambassador's Entrance, their visit both of a private and personal nature. Naturally the grand entrance was reserved for foreign dignitaries and public events, and even then the Prime Minister usually handled that; with only a cursory meeting with the King. The Baron Laeyrbeck had the benefit of being personal friends with Richard.

"Franklin!" The King said with a smile, exchanging a brief hug with the man as they entered the Green Drawing Room. He took his wife's hand, kissing it as he accepted them into his home. "Oh it's been a while since I've seen you two."

"Since the coronation."

"Don't remind me of that. Dreadful thing to prepare for." He smiled again, quickly remembering to send off the guard that continued to stand at attention. "Rather I suppose this whole thing is still strange to me."

"As I've said, you'll get the hang of it."

Mary nodded. "It's not even been a year yet. Don't be so hard on yourself."

The King sighed, walking with them as they headed off through the palace, eventually stopping at the Aeurian Luncheon Room, where a small table was set for them, complemented with tea and warm flat cakes. He pulled a chair out for them, a servant pouring their tea before the King stopped him.

"I can take care of that."

"Of course, Your Majesty." The servant said, exiting the room to leave them be.

He took a drink of his tea, a delight on a cloudy morning day, and looked at his friends. "Well, I suppose it does sound petty, don't-it? I mean I've had my entire life to prepare for this, and here I am at the moment, sweating and nervous as hell."

"Richard I've already said it before and I'll say it again: you'll get used to it. Your father was probably just as uncertain as you back in his day." He paused, taking a drink as well. "Besides, it mostly doesn't change. You just have a different title now, maybe a longer greeting. It's still the same hurdles."

"Except now I'm expected to be the voice of this nation. It was easy to escape duties as a prince."

"Holland served your father well. I'm sure he can help you the same."

The King sighed, dissatisfied with the answer and took a bite out of one of the cakes. The three ate in silence for a moment, the King thinking about Franklin's words, before looking back up at him. "That reminds me," he started, "He was just here yesterday and practically ran me through on that Ukraine business."

"Terrible thing."

"Yeah. I mean," he said brushing his face with a napkin, "What are you going to do, hmm? Ukraine's practically a world away and we don't even have a way to operate there. He was going on about 'sanctions this', 'funding that' and I just told him to stop. There's not much we can do alone and the Scandinavians wouldn't take kind to our intervention anyways."

"Besides, shouldn't that be the IDC's job?" Franklin pondered. "The Americans are the one who need to decide what to do there. So far it's been a lot of silence."

"Holland thought the Germans might do something. Asked me what I thought. I said 'no, probably not; the Germans are just as lost for actions as we are'. So I told him if he could come up with something that made sense, I'd support him, but otherwise let the Americans decide. After all, he's the one that crammed this IDC business down my throat in the first place."

"A fair decision. I still find it rather hard to believe that the Empress hasn't tried to stop this nonsense."

"Probably can't." He remarked. "She's likely a captive in all of this honestly." He said with a remorseful tone, staring off in his tea for a moment. "Enough of that sour stuff though. Tell me, how's in been up north?"

"Where to even begin..."

The Noiharan Union
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Noiharan Union » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Seitenshi Palace
Kuromorinime, Noihara

"So the 43rd Armoured Brigade and the 45th Mechanized Brigade reported the successful capture of Nizhyn in the southern Chernihiv Oblast on 7:37 pm EEST. According to the local commander, Lt. Col. Yuu Hosaka, they will continue their advance tomorrow in the morning. Defensive positions are already built and manned. Meanwhile, the 42nd Armoured Brigade and the 44th Mechanized Brigade are approaching Chernihiv from the east using the P12 national road and will reach the city sometimes at night time together with Nowistranian troops coming from the north. We will attack the city from two sides, three as soon as the reinforcements from the south arrive, and force any Ukrainian defender to leave the city westwards. As soon as they do that, the Nowistranian air force will take care of them.", a Noiharan military officer explained to the people sitting in the Minami-Damari, the strategic meeting room.

"When can we expect Ukraine to fall?", Yuuko asked.

"Well, I can't tell you at the moment. While the Ukrainian and Belarussian forces are no match for us and the rest this coalition we found ourselves in, we can't predict how much the Ukrainians are going to defend any longer. And with Nowistranas ban on city bombings, we can't capture cities that easy. But rest assured, victory is guaranteed"

"I know that that we will win this war! I know the numbers, the statistics. It would be a shame if a large army like the Nowistranian army loses to a small one like the Ukrainian one", Yuuko hissed.

"My Führer, size is not necessarily a recipe for success. Functionality is far more important."

"Aha, I see you are one of that sort", she said while rolling her eyes. "Well General, you will meet certain situations in life where size can play a big role. Without a certain size, functionality is irrelevant. It seems like you still have a lot to learn General - but let us talk about war again, shall we?" she continued. The Generals face became red like a tomato while in the same time, some people in the room couldn't hold back a soft chuckle.

"Actually, the bigger problem is Nowistrana itself after the war. Their confidence and influence will rise immensely. At this rate, we will witness the birth of another global power in our own backyard and you can't keep a power like that 'number two' within UFIN. They will grasp at UFIN leadership and we can't let this happen. We need to defend our position within UFIN and to make a statement of power. We need to show them their place before they try anything stupid" the Supreme Leader said.

"And how are we going to do this?" one of those present asked.

"I will travel to Nowistrana, tomorrow in the morning. I will meet whoever is in charge personally and put them in their place." Yuuko replied. She picked up the phone and dialed a number. "Sayoko, yes, tell the foreign ministry that I will be leaving for Nowistrana tomorrow in the morning. Let them prepare everything and tell them to announce those in Nowistrana that I will arrive in the afternoon and that I want to meet with whoever is in charge of that country in the evening. Empress or General Secretary, I don't care, just get me someone very important" she said into the phone. She raised from her chair and moved towards the door.

"You are dismissed. I will retreat to my room. If something happens - tell Sayoko to take care of it"

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 am

"Get the fuck in the car."

The man said rather harshly and with a serious tone, pulling open the rear door for him and gesturing for the other two to cross around the side. He was dressed in a black-clad uniform and had small civilian baton at his hip, with a rather military-cut complexion.

"What's going on?" Asked Bernhard Heinsohn, nervously getting into the car. He looked back to the building and saw another group of men leaving, and a trio of black-clad men were still standing at the doorway. "Why's the D-battalion here? And why are you in their uniform?"

"Enough with the questions Bern," he yelled looking back, seeing that the other two had gotten into the car. Miss Nadler and the district head von Schwerin were sitting quietly as well, although both were just as curious as Bernhard. Seeing they were all inside, he waved to the others outside and started the car, heading down the streets away from the city.

Annoyed, and still somewhat confused as to what was happening, Bernhard leaned forward and rested his arm on the back of his seat. "Max; seriously man, what's going on?"

"The cops are coming for a raid. There's warrants out for all of our arrests too."

Nadler breathed a curse and he exhaled quite audibly, tapping uncomfortably on the head of the chair.

"How'd we know?"

"Informant. The DVB is good for that thing."

"Ah, figures."

Max turned the corner quickly to get ahead of the other cars, but slowed down enough to look back at him. He reached into his glovebox and pulled out a cloth-wrapped device. "Here, take it."

"This is a fucking gun!"

"Yeah, no shit, if we get stopped by police we're good as dead anyways."

Bernhard cursed and looked down at the Makarov, loading the magazine and thanking himself that he still remembered his military days. He looked outside of the window for a moment, leaning back against his chair and watching the other two.

"See the Batallion got word of this as well, that's why I'm wearing the uniform before you ask. Schwarzthal told us to come take care of business, clear out the headquarters before the cops show."

"But the uh... stuff inside?"

"Got it covered Bern. They're gonna light the place on fire. Actually should be burning by now."

He nodded, then thought for a moment. "Wait. We only had two cars there; what about them?"

Max glanced back at him, clearly not happy about the predicament either. "Oscar, Franz and Horst all knew what they signed up for. The building can't burn if the police put it out." He sighed. "But they can't put it out if they're getting shot at."

"Damn." He said. "What about Schwarzthal? Is he coming to wherever we are?"

"About that..."

"Max?"

He sighed again, stopping the car on the side of the road and looking back at the three of them. "There was a warrant for him as well. From my understanding he couldn't get out in time, chose to... well... he's dead guys."

Swallowing hard, Bernhard punched the side of the car door. So much had gone wrong today. Schwarzthal was the chairman of the party, the man in charge of every single grasp of information that passed by. And now being deputy chairman meant that he-

"I'm in charge then?" He suddenly realized.

"You're the chairman now I guess."

"Fuck me." He closed his eyes, really wishing he had a drink about now. "So where are we going Max?"

He smiled, starting the car back up. "There's a lot of shit falling on us right now but I've heard some things. Good things." He pulled them back onto the road, heading out of the major part of the city. "Apparently the General Staff contacted Schwarzthal last night; I guess he never got a chance to tell you. That's why we're burning the HQ - well among other reasons - but that's the main one. This is the big one, Bern, I can feel it."

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Munich, Edelreich
Armin Kändler Brewery

Perhaps it was a strange place to meet in the basement of a brewery, betwixt the rows of aging barrels and wine rooms, but it was a shrouded one in the policed and still curfew-ridden city. Maximilian "Max" Kellermann recognized that as he stepped down from the upper levels of the establishment, a old and elaborate shop for the higher-class of Munich, dressed in a much less official way than he was accustomed. The Battalion was usually where he found most of his hours these days, running a riot in a uniform that could soon see him arrested, or worse with the government's anti-nationalist movements of late.

He smiled one more time at the brewery's owner, a friend and card-carrying member of the Munich chapter who knew more about politics than beer, but could run a good reputation based on his clientele regardless. He reached the bottom step of the basement floor, turning around to slid the door shut and brush the dust off on his coat. It was a bit damp but those thoughts didn't last long as he spotted a lone light down the rows, heading towards it at a quickened pace.

Max nodded as he turned the corner, removing his hat to properly greet the individual before him. Or more fittingly a spook.

"Mr. Betzel I presume?"

The Noiharan Union
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Noiharan Union » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:48 am

Munich, Edelreich
Armin Kändler Brewery

Despite being Noiharan, Florian was neither ethnically Japanese or mixed race as many other Noiharans, but a purely German with short brown hair and a full beard. Being the child of German migrants living in the German districts in Kanazawa, he was able to speak German just like a native speaker. These were the reason why six years ago, he was sent to probably the most important theatre of operations for the Noiharan SS outside of Noihara itself, the German country of Edelreich.

Florian rose from his table to greet the man in front of him. "You must be Herr Kellermann then," he said shaking the man's hand across the table. "Please take a seat", he continued while sitting back down on his chair. "I guess you know why we are here today. The latest actions your group have caught the attention of the higher-ups back in Noihara and they decided that your movement is worth to be invested in. With other words, the Noiharan government wants to offer you the helping hand of the Noiharan people. A great chance for you, isn't it?" he explained with a courteous smile.

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:17 am

Munich, Edelreich
Armin Kändler Brewery

Max carefully took his seat at the table, shuffling back his coat from his neck so he could breathe better.

"Possibly," he said. "But I suppose that rather depends on what can be reached, and at what demand. Noihara is a world away from our issues here, our struggle is a careful yet dangerous political one, as I'm sure you've gathered. Obviously you're likely not new here." Max guessed with a reserved simper. "Our people stand at the greatest chance of their lives to change everything."

He finished, resting both of his hands on the table. Max spoke with a great deal of seriousness behind his voice, a difference from some of the other party members in the Party. Maybe they had joined for personal valor and accomplishment, but not Max; the actual dream of the Party was enough for him.

The Noiharan Union
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Noiharan Union » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:58 am

Munich, Edelreich

"You people here in Edelreich sometimes tend to forget how close we really are. Noihara may be literally on the other side of the world, but our friends are not. Transporting goods from Noihara to Europe through Nowistrana or Scandinavia is no problem at all.", Florian answered. As he noticed the seriousness of his counterpart, he began becoming more serious himself.

"We understand the struggle of your movement and the noble goal of winning back your country from those weaklings that are currently in power. Now you have asked about what we can give and I actually have a few good things to offer I believe. First of all the Noiharan government is ready to supply you with military equipment. Assault rifles, explosives, ammunition including armor-piercing ammunition of course because who knows what you will be up against, just everything you need. Just supplying you with equipment is the most simple way of helping you, there is a more advanced was one could say, however" he continued.

"We don't know how advanced things are and at which moment you want to strike but if there is any time left the higher-ups are ready to have your militias to be trained by Noiharan officers. For this, however, they would have to leave the country presumably to Nowistrana. If things are escalating very quickly the Strategic Command is ready to supply you with manpower, German volunteers living in Noihara more precisely because we cannot send Japanese or Hafus for obvious reasons", he said with a chuckle. "But that's up to you to decide what you want"

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Munich, Edelreich

"Perhaps we do," Max responded, thinking on his words. Racially, if such a thing had any impact on his thoughts, the Noiharans were largely their people - but nationality was what really decided their course. He imagined it was somewhat paradoxical to run on a racial platform, when considering that UFIN composed many different groups, all united in the consequences of being independent nations.

He stopped for a moment after the suggestions came ringing off, considering what the Noiharan agent Florian was offering as well as what Heinsohn believed was necessary. Oh, what were his words again? 'The German people must take their own struggles with a solid heart. Adversity builds unity'. Yes that weighed heavy on Max's mind, the idea of a revolution being supported by a foreign power - or, well, a semi-foreign power in Noihara's case. Struggles were violent and heart-breaking, they turned men into stone, and in his new Chairman's eyes, gave them a national purpose. A better vision to understand what their nation was, what their people were; and how to protect and lead them.

"The weaponry and equipment will be perfect for us, brother." Max said with a nod. "The struggle against the government - ah, the System itself - is a dangerous and threatening one. Our people can make good use of any rifle or explosive. Though under my instructions I have to decline your offers of training and even men. Our revolution has to be our own."

The Noiharan Union
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Noiharan Union » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Munich, Edelreich

Florian smiled after hearing the answer of Max. "What an honorable answer, my friend. Nothing less from a German brother. Honor, courage, and determination. I have nothing but respect for you and your group and of course, such a revolution must be your own. Like I said, we are glad to help with everything we can," he answered.

"This struggle is necessary. It is necessary because, without it, the German people in Edelreich will continue to subject themselves to cowards. Cowards which sold your principles, your country and your honor. Let me ask you this question: What can we in Noihara demand for our help under these circumstances? The answer is nothing, we cannot demand anything. The German people and the Noiharan people might be separated but in spirit, we are similar if not the same. Friend, this is a gift from the Noiharan people to the Edelian people. We in Noihara only hope that one day our two nation stand as friends, allies or even brothers against all evil in this world. Für unser Volk und unser Vaterland!"

Shengdi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shengdi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Beijing, Shengdi
Gugong Palace

Miss Xian paced the room back and forth, a nervous sweat forming on her as she shook from uncertainty and fear, mixed with a healthy degree of scepticism at her own actions. And everyone else's. The table in front of her was set with tea and food, but she couldn't touch any of it; the early morning air continusouly brought her back to a fright every time she sat.

From beyond the screens that separated her room from the rest of the Qianlong Gardens complex came Yan Shuren, her private secretary and personal friend. She was only a few years older than Xian, but quickly became a source of consul for her in the strange new world of politics.

"Wuying," she said concerned, noticing that her tea hadn't been touched. "You must calm down!"

"Calm? How can I be calm when everything I've helped build just came tumbling down!? I don't even know if I did the right thing." Xian said venting. "The people trusted me; everyone trusted me. They stood behind me at the convention and now this? This is how I repay them..."

She slid against the wall, coming to a slump and lazily staring out of the window to the courtyard. A platoon of soldiers marched outside, having secured the palace from any potential reaction against the declaration. The coup.

Yan frowned, leaning against the door that led to Xian's private room. "The people still trust you. Even right now they still yell your name."

"And I repaid their loyalties by declaring the very thing they fought for dead. No, I should have stepped down. It would have been better that way."

"The country would have been destroyed."

"And so it makes it better to do this?" Xian instinctively yelled, then sheepishly looked back towards the window to hide her guilt. "I've let this get too far out of hand, I pushed for these people to be watchful. Monsters; I created monsters. And to save myself I turned against my own country."

She looked back upon hearing silence, seeing that Yan had poured her another cup of warm tea and carried it over for her. She groaned and took it, taking a short sip as she watched her friend look out to the courtyard as well.

"See that."

"The army?" She asked.

"They still stand ready for you. The very hearts and souls of these people stand for you. Nobody said that this would be easy." Yan explained, glancing back at her. "Our nation is the people, and if they stand with you, then how can you say you betrayed the country? How can Miss Xian betray the state, when the state is the people, and the people love you. Understand?"

Xian smiled. "I suppose."

"What you did was a powerful thing, maybe a dreadful one but something that had to be done. You said it yourself."

"Maybe you're right. I'll have to think on it. This is all coming so fast."

"Please do," Yan grinned. "Except this time, less panic please? You had me so worried."
Last edited by Shengdi on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:59 am

Chemnitz, Saxony, Edelreich

"Well this is something." Bernhard Heinsohn thought to himself, his small entourage having finally arrived in their location - Saxony, just south of Brandenburg, but notably deprived of that certain fevor that followed the central government. Here it was less likely to be picked up in the night, or in the case of Max's insistence, less likely to need to gun a man down. Before they arrived in Saxony the group spent three nights laying over in Elbe-Elster, seeing if they had shook the police on their tail as well as trying to understand the situation the party was in.

It was a poor one, in many more ways than one. Their former Chairman was nothing but a cadaver now, the entire leadership was wanted criminals, and somehow Heinsohn was expected to take charge and turn this all around. It was a daunting task. From the beginning of his tenure in the party, he had always assumed that the DNP would come to power through democracy; a popular movement, but that seemed so unlikely now with everything that had happened. The day before Max departed from the group, having made an apparent meeting with important figures in Bavaria - it was only today that Bernhard find out that his true intentions were to meet with a Noiharan representative, acquiring weapons for the future effort. Before he left though Bernhard did manage to get out of him what they were doing headed for Chemnitz, and that answer came as the biggest surprise yet.

Apparently in the unexpected disorder that the country found itself in, the General Staff had stole away from Berlin for the time being; evidently being of little use in the political scandals that rocked the nation after Mader's state of emergency. Whereas military forces were combing some parts of the country to search for them, it seemed that was only a half-hearted gesture as the staff instead made themselves present in Chemnitz. They wanted to meet with Bernhard, and his escape from the clutches of the government only further reinforcement of their desires.

Standing on front of him was the address they were looking for, although instead of a government building he had hazarded a guess out of they were looking at a small little building, down in the commercial district.

"What is this place?" Bernhard asked.

"I believe it's an fine crafts store," Christina Nadler replied. Upon Bernhard's promotion, she had taken over their public relations' office - a mere euphemism for propaganda. "Unusual, but I'm sure it's rather discreet?"

"Let's hope." Von Schwerin added, the older man pulling his jacket closed as a cooler breeze blowed against them.

The three of them quickly closed the distance of the parking lot. It was packed with many going about their regular business, without even a thought for what was happening just next to them. The store was completely still on the inside, not even a light and as Bernhard reached the door he could see why: a small sign saying 'closed' hanging from the window. Inside, nothing could even be seen but as he tried the door, he thought he could almost feel it being unlocked.

On the inside it was much of the same, a dim room with only the small entrance of light from the outside reminding them it wasn't night. The hairs on the back of his neck raised, but Bernhard pressed forward with the rest, walking down the small rows of the shop and listening to his feet echo across the ground. They reached the back part of the shop and after a moment of seeing nothing, von Schwerin was about to say something before a light came on. In a surprise the back door to the storage room opened up, and four soldiers came out with their rifles drawn, ordering their hands up.

They complied, and the soldiers looked them over once, taking the handgun from Heinsohn's coat pocket with only a small show of surprise, the soldier passing it off to one of his comrades. In the movement he noticed they weren't wearing patches, a small but considerable action for the military. He figured these men must have some degree of understanding in what was happening, although how much the Generals really let them know was questionable at best. After a further moment of debate between two of the rear guards, they lowered their rifles and motioned for the door they came from.

Entering, Bernhard noted the atmosphere felt very different. Surreal. While the front of the shop was devoid of life and stagnant, the back was filled with the smell of cigarette smoke and a soft light that lazily highlighted the stacked storage crates. If he was blind he might've thought he walked into some set for a detective movie, but this was real, and in front of him was a few chairs, but that was the least noticeable.

He saw the staff first, a collection of nine individuals dressed in suits staring back at him from a table, their static eyes not blinking but watching his every movement with hawkish precision. He couldn't remember how many officers sat in the staff, but it looked like the majority of the army's leadership was present.

"Sit." Said one of them, motioning with his hand that held his cigarette for the three chairs on their side. They quickly did and after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, the man spoke again.

"So you're Bernhard Heinsohn, the new Chairman of the DNP?" He smiled, the other officers grinning as well. "To be honest, I think we all wanted a more comfortable spot to talk, but... well, I'm sure you know the difficulties already involved in this business. I'm-"

"General von Niedrigroth." Bernhard said, wanting to show that his knowledge was just as good as theirs.

"So you have been paying attention. Unfortunately former general at that, but it is expected to have some personal sacrifice when fighting for your countrymen. I'm sure you know plenty of that, so I won't lecture you. The world is a very ugly place these days Mister Heinsohn, so let's cut to the chase." He leaned back and glanced at the others, each of them nodding in agreement. "This government is simply unacceptable. What do you call it, the System? I like that. It is a system, one designed to keep us complacent and weak, to keep the Edelreich in this corrupt bargain between the state and foreign interests. Democracy in the Edelreich has failed, if only because our own government has been co-opted by the interests of the non-involved."

"You're speaking to the choir, sir."

Niedrigroth smiled but raised his hand, signifying he wanted to speak uninterrupted.

"The only way to save our country is to take these problems into our own hands. Just like before, in the old times the military was a symbol of tradition, excellence, stability and concern for the German man and woman. It was their duty to demand a certain government, a collaboration between both state officials and the military. Recently, we have come to the same conclusion after facing a hostile government, one that paradoxically sends us off to fight in wars but doesn't fund us. One that ignores our answers. We are the military in this equation, but you will need to fill the vacuum of the state, Heinsohn."

"Why?" Bernhard asked. "If you're in agreement to do this, why do you need me, or anybody for that matter?"

"It's simple really." Niedrigroth responded, blowing a cloud of smoke as he did. "We are unknown to the German people. Our history of military and tradition has largely been abandoned, and today I doubt a single German can even name off the entire staff. He doesn't know who protects him, who keeps our country safe. And in this same regard we have been focused only on these aspects our entire careers, and the state can't be ran like the army - no matter how much we desire it to be."

"And so I come in?"

"Your interests align with ours. Your policies in agreement with ours. We must work together to bring back our country from the brink of ruin, to return tradition and honor. Now, I think you're in agreement with us, and we have so very much to discuss..."

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 am

Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg

...it must be made to seem that our decision is not one of a premeditated nature, but rather one that arose from the natural consequences of the environment our country is tethered in, coupled with the consideration of our duty to the people's desires for a better world. It is decided then that we will move for action in Stuttgart, where henceforth the powers that be will conform to our ranks and permit the establishment of ourselves in a position of authority in the state. From there it is only a matter of time, and effort, until our true goal comes to fruition.

B. H.

Inhale. Exhale. Max looked around him, nearly two dozen black-clad members of the DVB gathered in the small building. Outside he could hear the sounds of yelling, roaring; the noise of protest and movement replacing cars. The state of emergency was ineffective, the curfews around the country null, and in Stuttgart the state's military did little to prevent the protests. As according to plan, Max knew, from what Heinsohn had told him. He was right about Chemnitz, about his feeling that everything was going to change. That the Edelreich would change.

The nationalists rose in protest, primarily against the state of emergency as well as the demands that Mader's administration be absolved, but also in response to the past week of reactions against the Party. There was something of a brotherhood emerging between the various chapters, what was once united by political allegiance has become a being of blood and kin.

Blood. That thought was on Max's mind as he looked down at his hands, feeling and seeing the cold metal of the rifle he held. The others did too, either of German or Noiharan origin, and filled with bullets that were to be fired. Maybe. Max was informed that a bloodless action was preferable, but either could be turned into a victory for the Party.

Finding his words, he once again looked at his friends, his comrades, and spoke.

"It's time." He said, taking his cap from the table. "Remember: our actions today will ensure our people's future tomorrow."

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 am

Hanover City, Hanover

"All in all, I can report a successful connection of our brothers in Brandenburg to our interests," the Lieutenant read off from the report, laying it on the table to indicate he had finished it.

Across the table the collection of representatives of both sides, Heinsohn's party and the General Staff, murmured between themselves as everyone thought the report over. Much had changed in the past few weeks in the Edelreich, and the usual wait-and-see politics of the nation have been turned on their head, instead calling for a period of action.

Heinsohn's own representative, Christina Nadler, remained silent at the ending of the report; not one for thinking aloud. It surprised her severely, since she had expected the military to fail in their promises. This notion of trust and cooperation between the two was initially against Nadler's better judgement, but as a member of the Party and a faithful follower of Heinsohn, she refrained from any more than simple admonitions. However it seemed that she was wrong, with the General Staff coming through on their words of support inside the military.

Of course it was a fifth column, most of the German military feeling betrayed and disenchanted with the current German administration. The report had shown her it went beyond that. Whereas complaints against the government were one thing, the General Staff showed that an active element of the army was willing to support them. A large majority, with the officer corps apparently in total agreement over the necessity of the actions they wanted to take. Such a treasonous atmosphere was sure to turn some heads, but the average soldier would follow their superior's orders - even if they went against the government and constitution.

Nadler collected herself, seeing that most of the discussion had dulled down and so she decided to speak.

"This is good for our efforts, surely. I'll admit I had my own reservations about the likelihood of this... feeling, as you have put it."

"You should learn to trust us better; we did contact you first."

"It's healthy to keep skeptical."

From the doors at the rear of the room a plainclothes soldier emerged quickly, startling the group as he barged into the room like a bull. He looked around in a breathless daze and in a second only said one simple thing, something that would set everything in motion.

"Ländle is ours."

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:22 am

Berlin, Edelreich

"Halt! We're under orders to permit no occupants."

The elderly German looked up, his eyes betraying his surprise at the unusual circumstances before him at the Reichstag building. At the front steps of the building was a section of soldiers from the army, holding their rifles down at their hips as what looked like the unteroffizier turned away parliament members and workers trying to enter the facility.

"But I work here!" He said in protest. "It's committee day. As an elected member of parliament it's my right to go in."

"Sir!" The soldier yelled, a menacing grip on his rifle as he shoved the MP away. "Step away from the doors!"

At the bottom of the steps a few of the other MPs and aides turned away quickly acted, dragging the irate man away from the guards before he was hurt or worse. Most of them were on their phones, terribly confused at the postponement of their duties, or were in a general suspicion of assuming the government would have it handled in time, and there wasn't much to worry about.

However wrong that was.

Office of the Prime Minister

"What?"

Prime Minister Mader looked up at the secretary from her desk, confused about what she had just heard.

"The army isn't letting parliament convene." Her secretary repeated, obviously out of the loop as much as her.

She stood up quickly, coming with the secretary out of her office and into the greater complex of the government building. "What do you mean? Has anyone got word with Karbach?"

"Yes," she replied quickly as they headed down the stairs. "He doesn't seem to know what's going on either. The decision appears to have came from the General Staff."

"And have we talked to them?"

"They're not answering ma'am."

The two left the stairwell and arrived at the center floor of the building, in the main waiting area where a collection of most government officials assembled for the day in the Prime Minister's Office were looking around just as perplexed, and many beyond terrified at this confusion in the chain of command. Mader could overhear their frantic sayings: the army isn't supposed to do this; why doesn't Karbach know what's going on; did the Staff get something mixed up; is this a coup?

That last one left a stone in her stomach. She hadn't considered the possibility, but the General Staff wasn't responding to their own Defense Minister or even her, and apparently not a single politician in Berlin had a guess at what was going on. If the military was stopping parliament from convening, then they were upsetting the government's status-quo.

Then two things happened at once:

First, from upstairs another aide came running, this time shouting with distress about how Baden-Württemberg's state government was apparently dissolved, and the state's offices and parliament shut down by a force of soldiers and black-clad men. Apparently some radical group had stormed the Stuttgart Landtag with guns and were holding most officials hostage, and the military supposedly refused to respond. A man next to her mentioned the German National Party, and suddenly Mader clearly understood what was happening.

Second, the crowd turned around as a few loud gasps surprised them, seeing that the front facade of the building that was usually a clear windowed view of the outside, was now suddenly marred with the presence of soldiers. They quickly entered the building with their rifles drawn, yelling for everyone to stay still as they sent off a few patrols throughout the offices to make sure everyone was gathered.

In the meantime two of the soldiers went down through the group, pulling out officials one by one and demanding that they identify themselves. They watched in shock as one of them refused, being sent to the ground by a rifle butt as the two continued their counting. After reaching the Prime Minister, and recognizing her immediately, one of the soldiers reported in on his radio and pulled her apart from the group.

"Prime Minister Michelle Mader, you are under arrest for crimes against the German people."

"Under whose authority?"

"General Niedrigroth," the soldier said as he placed the handcuffs on her. She struggled for a second but stopped, seeing the man reach towards his baton.

She was led away to the door, the rest of the soldiers from before returning with a few stragglers that managed to either ignore the events, or had hid from the military once they saw what was happening. Before she was sent outside, one of the soldiers stopped them, asking what was to be done with the rest.

"You know what the Lieutenant ordered. Nobody else leaves."

Edelreich
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Edelreich » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 am

Berlin, Edelreich

The sound of a wine bottle's cork popping filled the room with the response of cheering, Max doling out a series of glasses and lazily pouring the wine in them as the room was filled with the jubilation of victory. Everyone was positively grinning at their change in prospects; even the uptight von Schwerin was smiling behind his cloud of cigar smoke, not forgetting his escape from Berlin just weeks ago. The entire major leadership of the DNP was present for the celebrations; Nadler and Heinsohn passing around Berlin newspapers for everyone to read, and even figures such as Bavarian chapter-head Claudia Duerr, and Captain Philipp Meyer, whose outburst at the Schleswig Line won him party membership, were present.

Heinsohn raised his glass, prompting everyone else to toast in unison.

"For the Party and our own success, may we never falter! And most importantly - for the Edelreich!"

"Today, tomorrow and forever!" Max yelled, everyone taking drinks from their glasses as he did.

Bernhard glanced over to Nadler, seeing her lay down the local newspaper. They had received the news from the General Staff, but anything commemorating the day would do for the moment.

"I can barely believe it." She said with a sigh. "After all this time, after all the hardship we've been through... the sacrifices, the fallen comrades, their deaths won't haunt us anymore."

"Without them we simply couldn't had won. Today is much a celebration for us as it is for the dead." Bernhard said, standing up to address the entire room. "Comrades; today we have changed history, we have changed the Edelreich. We have made the first step along a path to protect our people, and to lead them to a glorious future. Our work is not nearly done, and as much as I wish we could relax forever, our country must be reborn. We must lead it, all of us."

The gathering agreed, toasting again to Heinsohn's own successes as their green party chairman.

"I have spoken to General Niedrigroth, and he tells us that our country is now ours. Preparations are already being made for our new government, and there's a considerable amount of work to be done for that purpose. The Reichstag will need to be filled with new members, as well as those that remained loyal to our cause. Christina, Max that will be your most important duty; but I also trust you to legitimize our rule in the eyes of those who still doubt, Christina."

"And the Party?" Captain Meyer asked.

"Of course, the Party will have much to do. We will. Now that we have the power of the country, we will need to change much; alter our course, if that makes it clear. All of our district heads will need to convene in order to establish our new policies across the country. We will need to consolidate for the moment, root out unfaithful supporters and compromise if we must. The military is own our side and we can make use of them for this," Bernhard said pressing his hand against the table for emphasis, "but I must stress that we need to adopt a civil image. District adjustments, state changes, national offices; there's a lot for us to do."

"Reforms must also happen," von Schwerin announced. "We've promised many things, and the quickest way to legitimize our authority will be following through on them."

Bernhard nodded in agreement. "That's right. We need to establish what will be the easiest to start with, what shows we're changing things quickest. That's probably foreign policy, economic policy, budget; especially for the military, that's something that Christina can easily show the public. All in all, we must show everyone that we're restoring the old ways of life, and pushing out these foreign powers from telling us what to do."

Europa Commune
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Europa Commune » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:45 am

9 Months ago, Wien

It was a cold February morning in the streets of Wien. A small group of quiet protesters, striking in front of a large shipping warehouse, begin to attract a series of local police who onlook the group. The arrival of law-enforcement attracts the large number of people working in the warehouse to come outside and observe, obviously having a vested interest in the outcome. Two of the protesters hold signs with a hammer and sickle on them, and a manager who had come out yells at them to come back in and get to work.

One throws a sign in their general direction, softly and obviously not intended to hit as it misses by a very wide margin. But as soon as the sign leaves their hand, one of the police fires a shot at the thrower. It was a rubber bullet, but the sound was real as anything and the crowd immediately is whipped into a frenzy. As if they had materialized magically, many in the crowd suddenly pull out firearms that were previously concealed. For a moment they sit in a standoff until one officer, who somehow had missed it for a few seconds, notices the conflict and instinctively fires.

Instantly, the air was filled with fire and lead. Within minutes, underground revolutionary groups began to take notice and start entering the streets around the fight, waving red flags and banners, blocking the dozens of police cars and vans from progressing to the conflict. For a time they were angry, but peaceful, towards the people blocking their path, until an order came in to proceed through with force. But, they obviously underestimated the strength of these revolutionary groups. Unbeknownst to them, many of the people blocking the way had secretly placed explosives, petrol, or other flammable materials on or near the police. When they began to fight, most of their force was annihilated in fire and explosion.

The revolution had begun.

Edafos
Secretary

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edafos » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Assuros, Mesopotamian Tomeas

The Third Mesopotamian Crusade was at a stalemate. The Iraqi Arabs, the relatively new occupants in this region of the world, had dug themselves in deep within the city's largely demolished infrastructure, using every possible nook and cranny that was the crumbling husk of the once proud imperial city of Assuros for defensive positions to compensate for their smaller numbers in the face of the massive war machine that was Edafos. Artillery and aerial bombardments launched by the 18th and 21st Imperial Armies over the course of server months had reduced the ancient city to rubble with a crater every meter in every street and on every wall. The Imperial Council, far away from the brutal fighting, grew impatient with the crusade's progress, the time had come for new leadership and bolder tactics to end the stalling conflict and deal the decisive blow the military needed to reclaim this land and begin reintegrating it with the rest of the empire before more time and equipment are wasted.

Daymon Lazos stepped off from the transport helicopter into the scorching sun and sands of the Mesopotamian desert. The newly assigned general of the 18th following the death of his predecessor in a suicide bombing, he was quickly elevated in rank and brought to Assuros to command and hopefully accelerate the siege's progress.

'General Lazos, I presume.' an officer dressed in the 21st's white and blue colors said resisting the gusts of air and sand the helicopter stirred with its blades. 'I am General Inachus Malia of the 21st, I take it that we will be working together over the duration of the crusade.' he said reaching for a hand shake, almost losing his hat to the fierce wind as the helicopter took off and away from the camp, exchanging the sound of the aircraft for the rumbling of artillery.

'So it would seem.' Lazos said returning Malia's handshake. 'Quite the mess you've got yourselves in here.'

'Courtesy of your predecessor.' he retorted as the two made their way towards the command tent and out of the blazing desert sun. 'Dumb bastard insisted we starve the city into submission instead of moving in.' he said pushing the tent's curtains aside.

It took several moments for Lazos' eyes to adjust to the darkness within the tent. A few moments later the interior filled with desks and computer, as well as the lower officers and specialists manning them. The chatter paused for but moments as the men within the tent stood to salute the new general only to return to their more urgent tasks of managing the ongoing battle.

'I'd rather take the loses by pushing into the inner city than drag this battle for longer than it has to.' Malia said as the two moved further into the tent and towards a large table with a large map of the city made in the weeks before the crusade. 'There's always more men to fill in the spots after the siege is won, but I'll need your support as well to finally tie the noose around these damned xenous.'

'Let's not waste more lives than we have to.' Lazos responded as he looked at the map before him, pausing for a few moments to view the positions of friendly and enemy troop positions. 'Don't mistake my reservation for disagreement though. I agree that a push to capture the city needs to be done, but it should be done with an absolute victory. A relatively clean and total victory rather than by brute force.'

'Understandable, but the city is riddled with hostile positions and mines, not to mention the infrastructure we needed to destroy.' he responded pointing towards the areas of major highways that were marked as damaged. 'Getting armor past these obstacles will be tremendous.'

'We should start planning, then.'

Arvene
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Arvene » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:14 am

On the International Situation and Arvene's Stance
14 October 2017

Yesterday my administration released a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, intended to reassure our allies and fellow democratic states of our position in the world, and to provide a sense of security in the Arvenian position; knowing that the safety and stability of Europe and the world has been threatened, and as in the past, Arvene will not just stand by and let these abuses continue. This has been our tradition and our people's history, to protect her [Europe] from abuse and degradation, and foster with it a sense of international brotherhood and respect for our fellow citizen, for the stability of our democratic institutions, and to Europe for a united international presence once more.

Our world in just this year alone has been shaken, but I won't pretend that this is only a recent development. Europe has long been threatened by the powers of nationalism and anti-democracy, and the radical answer of the Commune has only added to the fire. It is necessary to protect democracy, to enshrine it with the power of the state, to safeguard it with institutions of tradition and honor, and checks and balances to keep our Arvene free. This is the belief of the free world, where democracy blooms and prevents these abuses from happening.

Today Arvene rests at the door of a hostile Europe, one which in majority stands hostile to our traditions and history of democracy; one that wishes only to destroy or convert us to their foul game. So it is necessary to defend ourselves, and I have consulted with my administration on an appropriate response. Our Armed Forces will receive an emergency increase in their budget, which will become standard in the following years. The Ministry of Defense has decided on an expansion of the military by at least 35,000 in the coming years, which is planned to be filled by volunteers only. Some have worried that participation in the Civil Service may be lengthened, or that they will be conscripted in the military to fill these ranks long-term, but I promise you that this is untrue. At this time our policies on conscription will not change, as the Defense Ministry has determined the safety of our country to be well within their proposed increase.

What will change, however, is the necessity of our country to rely on our international compatriots for security and a united response. I have instructed the Foreign Ministry to invite the UCNA and Anglian governments to Paris, where we will hopefully begin the process of ascension to membership in the IDC, as well making steps to protect our country and Europe from further harm. Arvene has always sought the peaceful way, and diplomacy with all countries is still our approach, but protecting our democracy is instrumental to the well-being of our homeland.

Address by the prime minister

Edafos
Secretary

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Edafos » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 pm

18th and 24th Army Camp, Assuros

An eerie quiet hung over the gray and smoking remains of Assuros. Weeks of the thunderous sounds of artillery and aerial bombings mixed with the crackle of gunfire largely ceased following the successful assault on the inner city by the 18th and 21st imperial armies. The victory at here, while it had cost the the empire a great deal of time and resources, had broken the iron-hard defensive line that stalled the crusade for so many months, bringing the imperial forces back on the offensive. Eager to exploit this opening as much and quickly as possible the Stratos, the imperial organization charged with managing the armies of Edafos, ordered the 18th and 21st to spearhead a push towards the tomeal capital of Vavylon followed by several other imperial armies to capture the city before the newly opened gap can be allowed to close. Armies consisting of tens of thousands of soldiers flooded past the Arab defensive line by the banks of the Tigris river moving with haste towards the the city. A victory here would all but assure victory in this region and allow the next stage of conquests to begin in the near future.

‘Do not mistake our words, General Lazos, while you must proceed with the utmost haste towards the city the Ecclesiarchy has commanded that the holy sites within its boundaries are to remain untouched.’ commanded Zoltar Angelopoulos, the Lord Commander of Asia.

A Lord Commander is the unquestionable head of the “Stratos”, the Edafosan army or navy of specific region who answers only to the High Lord Commander who is seated in the Imperial Council at the capital city of Ipoli, and the Lera Exetasi, the Inquisition. All generals within their region of command must answer to them and follow their orders. Little deviation has ever been permitted or tolerated. The generals who either fail to follow their direction or have strayed too far from the Lord Commander’s commands are strictly punished and often removed from their post. This has yielded a wide range of results for the military of the empire varying from the pleasing victories expected of the generals to utter and catastrophic failures due to the Lord Commander’s own incompetence.

‘I am sure I do not need to dive into great detail regarding the consequences should you fail in this task. If you require more information on such matters I would suggest you speak to your counterpart.’ Angelopoulos said with a light chuckle obviously musing himself with the memories of the failures of former generals under his command.

‘Of course, my Lord. Your orders will be done as requested.’ Lazos responded, holding back a mixture of apprehensiveness and annoyance from his Lord Commander.

‘Very well, I need not waste any more time or words with you I believe. Report to us after your objective is completed. The Emperor Protects.’ he said before hanging up his phone, leaving the general to his thoughts.

‘That bastard better not send us to another shitshow like Assuros.’ Lazos thought to himself before exiting his tent to speak with General Malia.

The sounds of vehicles and aircraft beginning the push south could be heard throughout the camp. Thousands of imperial soldiers were expected to be on moving and ready to fight by the next day, leaving hardly any for their forces to rest after the drawn out siege.

‘Lazos.’ Malia said watching as the armies began to move over the horizon towards Vavylon at the summit of a watchtower overlooking the encampment. ‘Impressive isn’t it?’

‘Quite.’ Lazos responded with little interest in the operation at hand after he finished climbing the stairs.

‘Ah, I take it that you’ve finished your chat with our esteemed friend, Angelopoulos.’ he said smirking as he peered through his binoculars. ‘Charming, is he not?’

‘He mentioned your predecessor.’

‘Who? Galyn?’ Malia said with his amused look fading near instantly from his face. ‘He probably said to ask me the results of accidentally bombing a sacred site and almost destroying a holy relic of the Great Crusade.’

‘He did what?’ Lazos responded with shock, making Galyn’s fate all but clear to him.

‘Indeed. To say the Lera Exetasi had a field day with him is, well, frankly an understatement.’ he said experiencing a cold shiver at the thought of the results of the Exetasi's findings. ‘They “found” him guilty and killed him on the spot. I would rather not continue this line of conversation.’

‘Understandably so.’

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents