NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon's Masquerade(MT|IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Criska
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Dragon's Masquerade(MT|IC)

Postby Criska » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:14 pm

The city seemed dark despite the bright daylight the dashed onto the city streets. The normal red and black banners of the Crisk flag were replaced with a stark, filling, black. The wind blew softly, as if it to were mourning as the city did. The former major and war-hero of the Age of Wildfires, the Emperor of Criska and her colonies, the character that stood as both a bastion of hope and progress, and a node of depression and regret, Derrick Oktarian, was dead. A procession through the streets of Ciradon was taking place, a line of dark armored Royal Guardsman, their masks bearing black tears, mimicking the red ones Derrick’s mask bore, lined on either side of a group of young officers holding aloft a bed, on it the body of Oktarian, ornate rapier clasped in his hands and held down the center of his chest. His black uniform was in stark contrast to the bed by roses that surrounded the body, and his gold-mask was polished to a level that he had never done in life. His eyes and mouth were closed, but he looked relaxed. As if in his final moments a great weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

The procession was led by three figures; led by Aria Oktarian. Aria’s grey eyes were still wet with tears. Her red hair was in a ponytail behind her, supplemented with dark ribbon. Her dress had a way of both being simplistic and elegant, something that people used to being around her would have said matched her personality. She wore a blue gem around her neck shaped into a dragon, but currently it was covered by both of her hands. Behind her marched the Lord General Maxim Omare; his eyes downcast and his body visibly lowered in spirits, stealing away the rejuvenating energy the jovial, elderly, man had once had. Behind, but close to Aria, stood Captain Vincent Maerfore, the middle-aged captain of the Royal Guard. Many followed, first by the nobility of Ciradon, then the people who could make to join the morbid parade.

The bells of the Temple of the Ascended, where the procession was headed, gave off a dull ringing once every minute. One ring for every year since the civil war. One ring for every year of Derrick’s reign. The news had come suddenly to them all. Derrick had been in failing health since the Banquet of Masks. Having so many people in his home for the first time, and the business of the Pacificoran boy, and then the Krugerstani had visibly weakened him. That had all come before massive demonstrations forced a war with Pacificora, wild-upped by the calls of the lord named Vyrin Dolor. The Imperial Palace had been forced to be rebuilt a second time; the life of Tyrea, Aria’s mother, snuffed out like a flame without fuel in the ruins of the once magnificent building. It had been a year long conflict, with relatively few casualties, as wars went. It had been an air war, a war the brought down the Great Pacific and destroyed the symbol of Imperial power within Criska. The acts war and loss of his sister had seeped much of his remaining strength away from him. And the final straw had been when the Hyrkans, their centuries old rivals, began posturing again. Maerfore had found him first. Devastated he had not left his liege’s side.The benevolent leader that united the country was dead, leaving Aria, as the next in line. In his dying will, there was at least one, miniscule, respite for the young woman; Maxim Omare had been named Lord Regent, to govern over the country until Aria reached the age of twenty-five.

The country was in shock, distressed; mourning his loss, as if their lamentation could bring back his spirit. For just over forty years he had worked to unify the country, and for thirty he had risen to be a man that became a beacon of hope of the nation as it rebuilt itself from the ruins that had filled it. Now, the person the had seemed an immortal man of calm and control was among the many hundreds of thousands of people that fell during the war he had been a part of. It was a lifeline to that time that was severed.

When the procession reached the Temple of the Ascended, and the bed was brought to the top of it’s many stairs, it was Aria who took to the microphone, a shock to much of the nation. Aria was widely known to fit the general idea people had of the Crisk better than most; quiet, reserved, and meek. Most had expected that Maxim would have spoken since he had been the Emperor’s companions throughout most of his life.

There were tears in Aria’s voice as she spoke. “I mourn the loss of Emperor Derrick with you, people of Criska and the United Tribes. I have lost a friend, a father figure, and an uncle, we have all of us lost a light in a dark world.” The speech was well rehearsed. It was the only reason it was even coming out now. “We can not, will not, allow that light to fade. It is said… that… progress cannot be halted, only slowed. Our progress will not falter, can not falter. We must not forget the ideals handed down by my Uncle; Unity, Peace, and Freedom. We must stand by his words if we wish to survive.” Behind her one of the warrior-priests of the Ascended came out from the temple and tapped her shoulder.

Aria turned away, and kneeled as the bearers of the bed set it down. The priest took a small white and red book from his belt and began speaking from verses within the texts. The time moved slowly. Eventually wood was brought from inside of the temple and placed all about the bed. “We commend your soul, Derrick Oktarian, first of his Imperial house, to the Ascended.” As he finished the fire was lit. The priest removed Derrick’s mask before the fire grew too large. “Your ashes will be scattered upon Mount Duare, and beckon life anew to sprout from you. May your soul be welcomed into the Eternal City by Tyrea, and those who bled and died with you, and those of your family before you.”

There were tears from many of them as time passed. Then, the ashes of the fallen Emperor were taken, leaving Aria, Maxim, and Captain Maerfore on the stairs of the temple alone, then, finally, they too left.

A Month Later
The Imperial Palace -- ‘Dragon’s Keep’

“Aria, it is time. The invitations were sent nearly month ago, soon after Derrick’s death.” The voice of the Lord Regent was louder than Omare had intended it to be, and more commanding. Aria was visibly distraught. Her posture was slouched and nervous, her eyes giving off a darker color then they had a month and a half ago.

They were in Aria’s room. The walls were painted white with pale blue veils of silk marking where her bed was, and thicker curtains where her windows were. Her own heraldry was self-painted on the far wall; a blue dragon surrounded by a full moon, outlined in black. The room was large, but was not filled with trinkets, or needless ornamentation. The bed she sat on was made of pine wood, as well as the dresser, and door to her closet.

“Why is it time, Maxim? What have I done? The most I have done was nearly get a man killed and cause a war.” Aria’s voice still had an air of it’s elegance, but there was a harshness that hadn’t been there before. A release valve that she didn’t have to have before.

“The bastard Vyrin started that foolishness, not you.” There was not a moment of hesitation as he said the words. “You will not be in your uncle’s shadow, my lady. There is a strength I see in you that I think Tyrea gave you, or the father.” No one had told her who her father was. Not even her mother. In truth, her father was now deployed to the Selkie, supposedly doing his best to court one of the ladies. They had even had a daughter there. “Derrick was a man of great theatrics and acting. You do not where the same number of masks as he did. That is not a weakness.”

“My uncle accomplished much more. They had a respect for him. He could play the people like a pianist plays their piano. I do not have that.” Aria replied to Maxim’s attempted encouragement. Maxim shook his head.

“No, you don’t, but you have something else. The people love you for your kindness to them, your generosity. And now they look for someone to fill the void that his absence has left, Aria. They look to you. The Ascended has given you something that many leaders have wanted.”

Aria said nothing as she stared at the floor where her dog and cat were cuddled on the floor together. “Tonight you will be given the title of Empress, and if it be your will, I will continue to serve you in the duties so you may continue your studies, and continue to learn the ways of the court. I know your uncle wouldn’t want to steal away your youth, and I will not do it either.”

“Maxim, I would like you to still serve, but now as Lord Protector.” Aria rose from her bed, with a half attempted smile on her face. Maxim Omare replied with a bow, followed by a salute.

“Your will be done, my lady.” Maxim turned away from her and headed for the door way. “If you will excuse me, I will head down to the main floor, and allow you to get ready. I have to meet with the recently arrived Edem commander as it is.” Aria watched him leave, without saying a word.

The first thing an arrival to the palace would have noticed was the material of the building. It was made of grey stone and steel. Four years ago people being welcomed to the palace for the Banquet of Masks had been faced with a bright white modern palace. Now it was like that of an old fortress, similar to the original that had stood so many decades before. It was a gothic mansion surrounded by a large wall and a wide ditch that required a bridge to cross.

Defensive weapons were brandished on those walls; missile defense systems, artillery pieces, and machine guns, all atop of the high hill that the old palace had sat upon. The careful observer, and studier of Crisk military history would have recognized the design. It was a fortress of the Traitor General’s design, a more grandiose version of the House Kirge Mansion that had withheld an army for a month on it’s own. The aides of the Imperial court would have known that it was in fact designed and overseen by Maxim Omare himself.

As one approached closer, and could see within the mansion, almost everything was made of pine within, and painted with a white trim. Similar to the Palace that Derrick had constructed it was made to confuse those who entered. Suits of silver armor with white tabards trimmed in blue stood at mostly uniform distances apart. Those that entered the fortress were welcomed by statues of prowling leopards. It was a site with equal attempts made at intimidating and impressing those that looked approached it.

Faceless guards opened the doors for those that approached. The time was fast approaching when the coronation would take place. Servants maneuvered around the Crisk nobility as they busied themselves with menial tasks and finishing last bits of cleaning. Members of the Royal Guard patrolled the halls in a similar fashion to that of four years prior, only now they were joined by a number of people armored as if in the Middle Ages, ornate swords openly carried at their hips like the Crisk carried their rapiers, who seemed to be competing with the Crisk in paleness. Where the Crisk generally had dark hair however, theirs were blondes, light browns, and even whites. The Edem mercenaries who had been hired by Aria herself two months prior, who called themselves the Oathbound, had become long time guards of the Dragon’s Keep. A name that suited them well.

All was in order, and the hoped that this time there would be no...incidents.

We all wear a mask....I just choose to create my own. - Jhin the Virtuoso
Primary Nation of:Edemre and Kuruva

I am a huge fan of RTSes, and Ace Combat. Skteches/Art
Population in Criska: 50 Million Masked Souls| I will likely post every other day until something changes.
Feel Free to TG me if you want to RP or have questions.

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Aboard 'The Arrow', the Pacifican Presidential Plane.
Over the Pacific Ocean, International Waters.

Advisor Galar, otherwise simply known as Xari so to not be confused with his father Minister Galar, was having a cup of tea with the Pacifican President Farania. They were discussing nuetral topics, like the Ministry of Economic Develeopment's suggestian to renovate two coastal cities, on the east coast facing towards the Pacific, into major industrial centres. President Farania was discussing the humanity and ethics of such a plan, putting people to work in factories and all, but in the back of Xari's mind was her, although he hated to admit it. His hand on his cup was a little shaky, but it wasn't something a President could easily take note of, but it was something a father could notice.

<Farania> "... What is the attraction of Jugana and Isman as industrial centres anyway?"

<Xari> "When they are both near the Great Ancora range, our main supply of raw mining resources, and they both have large unemployed populations."

<Farania> "But there are cities further up north that are even closer to the mountains, and if you go far enough north you get to Dulya's Point, where the mountains meet the sea, so why isn't that the prime position for an industrial centre?"

<Xari> "Well I think the other main element of this is that Jugana and Isman have large construction industries, making this renovation of sorts a much easier process. If we could jus..."

Xari felt a burning pain on his left thigh as he noticed he had spilled his tea on his leg. He let out a soft sigh of pain and quickly placed the teacup onto the table in front of him.

<Xari> "If you could please excuse me Mrs President."

Farania only smiled and told him that there was some spare pants in the back of the plane. Xari's father might have been an amazing President in many ways, but he certainly wasn't as good as Mrs Farania when it came to being prepared for any possible event, it was sort of amazing to watch.

Xari forcefully opened the door to the bathroom and splashed some water on the minor burn. He sighed in relief as the cool water touched the same place that very hot cup of tea had spilled only a few seconds ago. Xari opened his eyes and looked into the mirror, and was reminded of when he had looked into a window in the Crisk Palace all those years ago. After four years he had matured, he was now deeply involved in Pacifican Politics, his hair wasn't this mess anymore, it was much more sleek and ordered. His facial features were a bit more defined, his clothes more formal, his speech more witty and direct, but there was still something in the back of his mind that had not changed, her.

For over a year now he had refused to look at her at all, regardless if she was on the newspapers, or on the television. But now he had to, there was no avoiding it.

Xari changed into a new pair of pants and then moved back to the centre of the plain where the President sat waiting for him. But behind the President, his father was discussing Crisk etiquette with Grand Commander Vilaro and Ambassador Geguri, but he took a small rest in the conversation, as Vilaro and Geguri argued about whether they should do a traditional Pacifican sign of respect or just adhere to Crisk traditions, to give his son a small cheeky smile. Xari tried to throw it off, but it was hard to fight. He sat back down to talk to the President.

<Xari> "So, the iron in the mountains..."

'The Arrow' landed at Ciradon National Airport, and the Pacifican delegation was more than prepared to meet their old enemies, except for Xari.
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:23 pm

"I'd say it was complete act of God as to why Oktarian is dead," Vershenov muttered, trailing close to his president. "Miracles exist, sir. Trust me."

"I believe you," Golahman stammered, "but we're not here to mock and ridicule. I want to make amends."

Vershenov nodded. "How, though? The emperor's dead."

"Then I'll cut myself over his grave. I'll slit my palm open, let my blood drip in sorrow."

"Sir, I admire your dedication, but I don't feel that would be widely accepted." Vershenov glanced around. "Do you know if any Selkie or Syrians or Russians are here tonight?"

"I'm unsure of that, Commander. I . . . I honestly hope . . . Fiona came. I've been having horrible dreams ever since the Christmas party."

Giving his president a sad look, Vershenov gave Golahman a pat on the shoulder. "Son, I can promise you that Fiona won't leave you for someone else." He was well-aware of Golahman's nightmares; he, Assad, and all the cats back home were the only people Golahman would sob to about them. "If she is here, let her know King Abdullah is alright. She was there when he fainted." Vershenov was referring to the Jordanian king passing out in the dining hall from the fumes of a broken false candle. "And, please, sir, don't stress yourself out over everything." He didn't say anything more as tears began dripping down Golahman's snow-white face.
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Edemre
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Edemre » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Crisk International Airport

The sky was turning somewhat grey, with a steadily growing wind. The sun was still shining, but it was obvious to anyone with even a basic understanding of weather patterns that something was moving in. It was a black horizon heading in to cover a pristine blue sky.

Luna Moonfang watched as the Pacificoran jet landed, she moved from her shadowed location, followed closely by Captain Maerfore of the Royal Guard. Luna had no reason to have been in the dark position behind one of the larger jets, but it was an act of habit, just as one of her hands resting on the hilt of her epee was.

She wore a dark grey, white fur lined, overcoat that was closed tightly to her form. Her white hair was blowing slightly in the breeze, and she stared at the jet as the doors opened with her silver eyes. Her belt was tight to her waist, and she wore similarly formfitting pants of the same color. As the door opened she pulled both the sheathe of her epee and the blade itself from it's sheathe and kneeled, holding the tip of the blade to the tarmac. Behind her Maerfore stood at attention, his mask hiding any expression his face held, both in response to the Pacifiorcans and Luna’s act of deference.

“Welcome back to Criska.” There was a slight tension in his voice. He had lost many friends, and good comrades when the Imperial Palace had been destroyed during the Crisk-Pacificoran War. Four years had done little to improve his mood. Luna did not address the Pacificorans first.

“If you allow your troubles to gain control over you, Captain, you will be in real trouble when something happens.” Her voice was soft, just loud enough for the small group, both Pacificoran and Crisk. She rose of her position, but did not approach them. She put her blade back into her belt, and threw out a smile, and offered to hand out. “Luna Moonfang, member of the Oathbound, of the Edem.”

Maerfore did not introduce himself, he simply looked at them, a mix of disdain, annoyance, and respect all playing out at once in his eyes.
Last edited by Edemre on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:00 am

News, that the Emperor of Criska, Derrick Oktarian, had passed, had been met in the Free Lands with mourning.
The Selkie had very good relations with the Crisk and the Crisk had good relations with the Selkie, the people liked each other - in at least one case more then diplomatically.
The message of condolence sent by the Elder Council and the Foreign Office was not only a diplomatic message, but also a personal one, as the one writing it, Mairin Leann of the Tribe of Monaghan, had been at the Banquet of Masks, exchanging a few words with the Emperor and being assigned to handle affairs with Criska and the nations close to them. During the Criskan-Pacificoran War, it had been her, who had gotten Criskan troops to operate from airfields in the Free Lands, together with SDF-Forces.
For some unknown reason, though, the Criskan forces had established their staff in Silverport NAF...
One month after the message had arrived, the blonde woman was back in Criska, back in the Dragon's Keep. Like last time, the delegation from the Free Lands had taken a vessel, SDY's Cineál, to first travel to Criska, this time docking in Port Saer and taking the more scenic route past the Warrior's Lament National Park. It had been beautiful.
Now, however, business was at hand.
Mairin led the delegation with a small smile, the Selkie in attendance wearing, as usual, Geansai, in Mairin's case in the colours of her Tribe, as did her companion Mhairi Maighdean of the Tribe of Kildare, everyone called her Waari, but with the Colours of the Tribe of Kildare. The rest of the delegation was a bit different from last time.
Black, short hair and blue eyes, wearing the colours of Ladra, was there on behalf of her pregnant mother and the company Silverport Dockyards Limited, representing the shipyards not for the first time. She was actually an engineer, specialized in nothing else then naval engineering, being responsible for much of the lineup of SDY over the last few years.
With her was her best friend, nearly sister, the brunette Fiona Banphrionsa of the Tribe of Cavan, who, as of late, had gotten herself a boyfriend, the President of Krugeristan Karak Golahman, who was also present today. She was, however, here on behalf of her own mother, Gwen Banphrionsa of the Tribe of Cavan, and Gabha Blacksmiths Limited. She had business to do... but pleasure, and her boyfriend, would not be left aside. She wore Carman Fea's Red and White.
The last, but not the least, was Celina Cumann of the Tribe of Waterford, a young woman with long, black hair, it flowing down across her back like a waterfall of black silk. She, clad in her own Tribe's colours, represented the Merchant Guild of Leuda, the association of businesspeople of the Free Lands. She was a rather blank sheet.
As such, the five women walked up the steps of the Dragon's Keep - after being rebuild, the fortress was more impressive then ever.
Mairin smiled. "Alright, people.", she told her delegation as they ascended, "Let's get this party started - and please no additional passengers this time!"
There was giggling amongst the five women - it was, after all, the Banquet of Masks, where Gwen's mother had gotten her 'additional passenger'. Gwen herself took the jab with a smile.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 am

The Selkie wrote:News, that the Emperor of Criska, Derrick Oktarian, had passed, had been met in the Free Lands with mourning.
The Selkie had very good relations with the Crisk and the Crisk had good relations with the Selkie, the people liked each other - in at least one case more then diplomatically.
The message of condolence sent by the Elder Council and the Foreign Office was not only a diplomatic message, but also a personal one, as the one writing it, Mairin Leann of the Tribe of Monaghan, had been at the Banquet of Masks, exchanging a few words with the Emperor and being assigned to handle affairs with Criska and the nations close to them. During the Criskan-Pacificoran War, it had been her, who had gotten Criskan troops to operate from airfields in the Free Lands, together with SDF-Forces.
For some unknown reason, though, the Criskan forces had established their staff in Silverport NAF...
One month after the message had arrived, the blonde woman was back in Criska, back in the Dragon's Keep. Like last time, the delegation from the Free Lands had taken a vessel, SDY's Cineál, to first travel to Criska, this time docking in Port Saer and taking the more scenic route past the Warrior's Lament National Park. It had been beautiful.
Now, however, business was at hand.
Mairin led the delegation with a small smile, the Selkie in attendance wearing, as usual, Geansai, in Mairin's case in the colours of her Tribe, as did her companion Mhairi Maighdean of the Tribe of Kildare, everyone called her Waari, but with the Colours of the Tribe of Kildare. The rest of the delegation was a bit different from last time.
Black, short hair and blue eyes, wearing the colours of Ladra, was there on behalf of her pregnant mother and the company Silverport Dockyards Limited, representing the shipyards not for the first time. She was actually an engineer, specialized in nothing else then naval engineering, being responsible for much of the lineup of SDY over the last few years.
With her was her best friend, nearly sister, the brunette Fiona Banphrionsa of the Tribe of Cavan, who, as of late, had gotten herself a boyfriend, the President of Krugeristan Karak Golahman, who was also present today. She was, however, here on behalf of her own mother, Gwen Banphrionsa of the Tribe of Cavan, and Gabha Blacksmiths Limited. She had business to do... but pleasure, and her boyfriend, would not be left aside. She wore Carman Fea's Red and White.
The last, but not the least, was Celina Cumann of the Tribe of Waterford, a young woman with long, black hair, it flowing down across her back like a waterfall of black silk. She, clad in her own Tribe's colours, represented the Merchant Guild of Leuda, the association of businesspeople of the Free Lands. She was a rather blank sheet.
As such, the five women walked up the steps of the Dragon's Keep - after being rebuild, the fortress was more impressive then ever.
Mairin smiled. "Alright, people.", she told her delegation as they ascended, "Let's get this party started - and please no additional passengers this time!"
There was giggling amongst the five women - it was, after all, the Banquet of Masks, where Gwen's mother had gotten her 'additional passenger'. Gwen herself took the jab with a smile.

"Commander, you were right," Golahman whispered when the Selkie party entered the building. "Good Lord, I can't be seen crying--" He was about to wipe his face when Vershenov stopped him.

"Sir, it will do you no good to hide what you're feeling from her," Vershenov said. "If you want, I will talk with the empress. After all, it was me who ordered Lizzie to attack that piece of fecal-scum, Dolor."

Golahman gave a nod. "Please, Commander, we're not in Krugeristan. Keep the insults--however true they may be--to a minimum."

"With pleasure, sir." Vershenov clicked his heels before going off in search of the Crisk ruler, while Golahman shyly began approaching Fiona, clutching his scarf nervously.
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Criska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Criska » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:47 am

The Dragon’s Keep

As the Selkie delegation entered, they were greeted by one familiar mask and an unfamiliar face. The Lord Protector Maxim Omare smiled as they entered. Omare was dressed in much the same way the had been before, a military uniform with a rapier at his side, although the man saw him wearing the blade as irrelevant since Maxim had very little idea about how to use such a weapon. The price of tradition.

The man beside him had the blade the Edem were known for at his side, a Nikan, as they called it, and his hair was cut short and spiked slightly. His beige eyes had a way of both being kind and fierce, as if their was a fire waiting to be given fuel within. He wore black, with the brown fur of a bear marking the collar and end of the wrists. On his left shoulder there was a metal plate, and his boots were an informal leather that looked more suited to travelling.

“Welcome back to Criska, my friends.” Maxim smiled, but there was something off about his posture. He was ever so slightly hunched, like a weight was pushing down on his shoulders. “It is wonderful to see you all again.” Behind him, milling about and in conversations varying from muted to louder than necessary were Crisk aristocrats and members of the Oathbound. All of the Selkie were given warm looks, although of the Edem gave looks that were more then that. Most of the Edem were dressed similarly, a metal plate on the right shoulder, with a solid grey or black semi-uniform in the form of an overcoat that was fur lined, with boots; most of the women’s going to knee high and most of the males being normal length.

The Edem that had been talking with Maxim gave an overly dramatic bow that could have been taken as either mocking, sarcastic, or an attempt at humor. “I am the Oathsworn, Serik Matran, my fine ladies.” His voice, like his eyes, was combination of an almost sing-song tone with a gruff sound beneath. “At your service.”

When Maxim say Golahman approach, it was not with a look of anger, or disdain, but one of immense respect. The Lord Protector had seen, and heard about, how the President of the Krugerstani had done, and it was something few were brave enough to do. When Serik saw him, he continued to smile, and gave a similar bow that he had to the Selkie. “Serik Matran, at your service, Mr…?”

Maxim answered the question for him. “Good to see you again, President Golahman. I know we ended on a bad foot last time, but the soon to be Empress has gratitude for what your people did, and I for one am happy to have been in the presence of a man like yourself.” What he said was genuine, but there was question as to how it would be taken.

Coming down from a flight of stone stairs was Aria and unknown to her, her father. Aria was wearing a pale blue dress, her mask not yet changed to gold and remained the silver it had been previously. Her red hair was braided, and the necklace she was never seen without was hanging from her neck. Where once there had been a nervous, shy woman, there was now one that was both distraught but carrying herself confidently, although it would only have to take someone who was decent at reading emotions to see through it. She muttered something to Lukas Praedon behind her as they met the landing. She didn’t say anything as she entered her throne room, leaving Lukas in the foyer.

Lukas was wearing clothes similar to before, but instead of his old flight jacket, it was one made not three months passed. His mask looked more impressive than before as well, although it remained unfitted to his face. He had stopped bleaching his hair as well, and it had taken a natural white, not as pronounced as when it was bleached. When Lukas looked at the Selkie he smiled widely but did not approach, staying where he was at the base of the stairs.

Lukas had, oddly, only been active over the Selkie for the duration of the war, and many said that if command had transferred him, the war could have ended differently, and outside stalemate. But he had remained the Free Lands. When he saw Gwen, he gave a nod of his head, his eyes twinkling. It wasn’t that the death of the Emperor hadn’t affected him, but he was finally flying again, and that meant most other things were forgotten. Gwen had not been among the things lost to the skies.

Population in Criska: 50 Million Masked Souls| I will likely post every other day until something changes.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:06 am

Criska wrote:
The Dragon’s Keep
When Maxim say Golahman approach, it was not with a look of anger, or disdain, but one of immense respect. The Lord Protector had seen, and heard about, how the President of the Krugerstani had done, and it was something few were brave enough to do. When Serik saw him, he continued to smile, and gave a similar bow that he had to the Selkie. “Serik Matran, at your service, Mr…?”

Maxim answered the question for him. “Good to see you again, President Golahman. I know we ended on a bad foot last time, but the soon to be Empress has gratitude for what your people did, and I for one am happy to have been in the presence of a man like yourself.” What he said was genuine, but there was question as to how it would be taken.

Golahman bit his lip. "Um . . . what? Gratitude? For . . . you mean what . . ." He looked at Vershenov, who was equally surprised.

"She's grateful for my ordering of Lizzie to attack Dolor? And grateful for Golahman standing up to Oktarian? How's that possible?" Vershenov asked.

Criska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Criska » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 am

Maxim smirked. "Aria does not like Vyrin in the slightest, and was happy someone put in my place. As for Oktarian," He paused. "You gained my respect for what you did there. Few people are willing to do something like that, and Aria is thankful that someone wanted Dolor more heavily punished. " He looked at Vershenov specifically and gave a quizzical look. "It is possible to grateful for things that happened in unfortunate circumstances."

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:27 am

Criska wrote:Maxim smirked. "Aria does not like Vyrin in the slightest, and was happy someone put in my place. As for Oktarian," He paused. "You gained my respect for what you did there. Few people are willing to do something like that, and Aria is thankful that someone wanted Dolor more heavily punished. " He looked at Vershenov specifically and gave a quizzical look. "It is possible to grateful for things that happened in unfortunate circumstances."

"By Assad's heart . . ." Vershenov glanced at Golahman, then back at Maxim. "We came to make amends. I . . . I'm . . . In all honesty, I still can't believe it. Our whole country thought that would've been the end of further relations."

Golahman was certain this was the first time he heard Vershenov stutter. "If you all excuse me," he said, looking at the Selkie party, "there's someone I have to." He began walking away, shivering.

Vershenov turned to Maxim. "If there's anything I can do in return for this, I'd love to know. It's not every day we get a complete one-eighty from a government that didn't like us in the past."

The Siberian Empire
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Siberian Empire » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Imperial Palace, Viktorgrad, Siberia

Peter had an unsettling feeling in his stomach as the car stopped at the entrance to the palace. Although he had predetermined in his mind what he was going to do once this day arrived he had completely forgotten nearly all of what he had reviewed. Now it was time for him to face not only a short-tempered brother in law, but also an emperor who wasn't known for his forgiving nature.

As he walked through the palace he noticed that the servants, guards and government officials that worked there were very downcast and not nearly as vibrant as they usually were. A guard captain led him through the corridors of the palace to an extravagant waiting room. Like the rest of the palace, any metal elements were silver and painstakingly polished to perfection. Countless paintings depicting the history and triumphs of the Empire hung on the walls which were covered with ornate blue wallpaper. But most noticeable of all no matter where in the palace you went, were hundreds of banners and statues adorned with a white tiger that was the symbol of his sisters new family, the Victorian dynasty.

Peter starred into the mirror, fixing any imperfection in his uniform which was adorned with the double eagle of his own house of Romanov. Just as he was done adjusting his outfit, the emperor's personal assistant came through the door to the waiting room. “his majesty demands your presence immediately my lord.” said the man before gesturing for him to move out the door. Peter followed him down the hall to a room with two massive guards standing on either side of the doorway. There armor was blue and emblazoned with a black cross. The symbol of an elite corp of assassins, special forces and imperial guards known as the knights of Victorian. As peter made his way through the door the ministers and cabinet members left, leaving only the emperor and his sister who were accompanied by The foreign minister, Nikolai Antakov. She was the first to notice him standing in front of the Council table. “peter… good to see you again.” said the young empress in way that was obviously disingenuous but freed the attention of the emperor and his minister away from whatever conversation they were having. “I'll send for you once I'm done here.” said emperor Alexander. Although a handsome and strong man, his face was bruised and had a few scars. This was due to the events of the preceding that had been the reason that Peter now feared for his life. After a few moments of silence Peter started. “Alex I…”
“Natalia, would you mind leaving me alone with my dear brother in law for a moment” said Alexander cutting him off.
“remember what we discussed.” She said
“If wanted to kill him I would have done it already.” As she made her way towards the door she stopped and hugged her brother. “try not to upset him.” She whispered. Peter nodded and She made her way out the door. Immediately after she had left Alexander made his way across the room and stared at his grandfather's sword which was sitting above the fireplace. Once again entrenched in silence, Peter attempted to speak. “I understand the severity of what has transpired…” he made yet another useless attempt to remember what he had planned out beforehand, but before he could say another word Alexander turned around and decked Peter across face before kneeing him in the stomach. After another punch he raised his hand but restrained himself. Peters face was bleeding from the gashes made by the emperor's rings. As Peter clenched his nose that was gushing blood, Alexander wipe of his hand and rings with a handkerchief. “do you know I've always wanted to do that ever since I met you?” as Peter stood Alex threw the handkerchief towards him. “But do you know why that was my fist instead of a knife.”
“The Grace of God as far as I know” replied Peter
“because you're her brother”
“I take it that this will not be the extent of my punishment though.”
“oh no, I have something much better planned for you.” said the emperor with a bit of laughter.

Alexander told him that he was going to Criska to represent the Empire’s delegation during the coronation of their new empress. “you will of course be accompanied by minister Antakov and this new Levinsky lad we found. Speaking of which.” Alex pressed a button on the table. A few moments later his assistant came through the door.”you called sire?”
“summon Antakov and tell him to bring that other fellow as well.”
“yes sire.” said the man as he made a slight bow and exited the room.
“what's so important about this country or this girl that you have to send me to deal with her.” mumbled Peter still holding a cloth to his bleeding nose. As he pulled a cigar from his desk he replied. “The national Convention is in a month and I need to get everything in order. Her personally I couldn't possibly care less then I already do.” As he lit his cigar he continued. “What I do care about, is the fact that she will soon be the ruler of a nation that is close to home, to close to home.” As the emperor finished the minister and his new partner came three the door. “I highly doubt she will take complete control over her nation at such a young age.” said Peter. “No, but someone has to.” said the minister as he dropped a folder in Peter's lap. “new leader means change, and although they have been docile thus far, things could soon be very different.” said Levinsky. Alexander stood. “you will bring this new Empress to heel, bring her into the fold if possible but by whatever means necessary you will ensure that her nation will not be a threat.” “what's all this then.” asked Peter as he opened the folder. Levinsky chimed in. “everything you need to know about who and what we will be dealing with. As he looked through the documents Alexander pulled a map on the screen on the wall opposite to his desk. Siberia and her allies were marked in blue and her enemies in red. “for some time now the powers of Europe have feared our influence in russia. Now that Russia is part of the Empire, they have begun amassing troops along the border. Your success will ensure that we won't have another enemy to face in the East allowing us to focus on Europe and the Americas.” When he had first arrived, Peter thought that he would feel relief once it was done and over with, now he knew he was sadly mistaken.
Alexander I of house Victorian, King of Siberia, Tsar of all the Russians and Emperor of the North

MAGA

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Criska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Criska » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Maxim shook his head, a small smile on his face. "The slight was against Emperor Derrick, not me or Aria. People remember slights. Families, governments, do not remember them. There is nothing that should be done. It is a chance for us to simply have, shall we say, a healthier relationship." He looked at Golahman as he began to leave. "Enjoy your stay in Criska, President Golahman." Maxim smiled, and offered his hand to Vershenov.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Criska wrote:Maxim shook his head, a small smile on his face. "The slight was against Emperor Derrick, not me or Aria. People remember slights. Families, governments, do not remember them. There is nothing that should be done. It is a chance for us to simply have, shall we say, a healthier relationship." He looked at Golahman as he began to leave. "Enjoy your stay in Criska, President Golahman." Maxim smiled, and offered his hand to Vershenov.

Vershenov took Maxim's hand. "A healthy relationship is possible, considering this is the first step, despite our ideological differences. If I may add, there was a citizen of yours who attended our Halloween party. Her and Assad got along well, but, from what I heard, she left without a goodbye. Assad was a little upset, but, I'm not convinced he's bothered now."

Criska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Criska » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Krugeristan wrote:Vershenov took Maxim's hand. "A healthy relationship is possible, considering this is the first step, despite our ideological differences. If I may add, there was a citizen of yours who attended our Halloween party. Her and Assad got along well, but, from what I heard, she left without a goodbye. Assad was a little upset, but, I'm not convinced he's bothered now."

"Ah, our little Daemague. Valynia has a way of doing that to people, charming them disappearing without a word." He smiled as he said it. He knew many people with similar stories. "If he wanted to try meeting her again, on all accounts i can get a message to her. She should be in attendance tonight, but their is a chance she has other concerns at the moment that would keep her away from the palace. I would offer a toast to our improved relations, but I think that would have the opposite effect." This caused Serik to burst out laughing.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Criska wrote:
The Dragon’s Keep

As the Selkie delegation entered, they were greeted by one familiar mask and an unfamiliar face. The Lord Protector Maxim Omare smiled as they entered. Omare was dressed in much the same way the had been before, a military uniform with a rapier at his side, although the man saw him wearing the blade as irrelevant since Maxim had very little idea about how to use such a weapon. The price of tradition.

The man beside him had the blade the Edem were known for at his side, a Nikan, as they called it, and his hair was cut short and spiked slightly. His beige eyes had a way of both being kind and fierce, as if their was a fire waiting to be given fuel within. He wore black, with the brown fur of a bear marking the collar and end of the wrists. On his left shoulder there was a metal plate, and his boots were an informal leather that looked more suited to travelling.

“Welcome back to Criska, my friends.” Maxim smiled, but there was something off about his posture. He was ever so slightly hunched, like a weight was pushing down on his shoulders. “It is wonderful to see you all again.” Behind him, milling about and in conversations varying from muted to louder than necessary were Crisk aristocrats and members of the Oathbound. All of the Selkie were given warm looks, although of the Edem gave looks that were more then that. Most of the Edem were dressed similarly, a metal plate on the right shoulder, with a solid grey or black semi-uniform in the form of an overcoat that was fur lined, with boots; most of the women’s going to knee high and most of the males being normal length.

The Edem that had been talking with Maxim gave an overly dramatic bow that could have been taken as either mocking, sarcastic, or an attempt at humor. “I am the Oathsworn, Serik Matran, my fine ladies.” His voice, like his eyes, was combination of an almost sing-song tone with a gruff sound beneath. “At your service.”

Coming down from a flight of stone stairs was Aria and unknown to her, her father. Aria was wearing a pale blue dress, her mask not yet changed to gold and remained the silver it had been previously. Her red hair was braided, and the necklace she was never seen without was hanging from her neck. Where once there had been a nervous, shy woman, there was now one that was both distraught but carrying herself confidently, although it would only have to take someone who was decent at reading emotions to see through it. She muttered something to Lukas Praedon behind her as they met the landing. She didn’t say anything as she entered her throne room, leaving Lukas in the foyer.

Lukas was wearing clothes similar to before, but instead of his old flight jacket, it was one made not three months passed. His mask looked more impressive than before as well, although it remained unfitted to his face. He had stopped bleaching his hair as well, and it had taken a natural white, not as pronounced as when it was bleached. When Lukas looked at the Selkie he smiled widely but did not approach, staying where he was at the base of the stairs.

Lukas had, oddly, only been active over the Selkie for the duration of the war, and many said that if command had transferred him, the war could have ended differently, and outside stalemate. But he had remained the Free Lands. When he saw Gwen, he gave a nod of his head, his eyes twinkling. It wasn’t that the death of the Emperor hadn’t affected him, but he was finally flying again, and that meant most other things were forgotten. Gwen had not been among the things lost to the skies.

Mairin smiled with genuine joy.
"General Omare! It is good to see you again!", she said, noticing how hunched over he looked, the weigh on his shoulders. None of them missed the warm looks they were given - and the looks of the other kind.
The price of their own tradition, but maybe something, which could be worked with.
Just then, as Mairin bowed her head in respect for the older man, Mister Matran introduced himself in that overly dramatic fashion, causing both Mairin and Waari to smile, both in amusement and in delight. The diplomat bowed her head to him as well, not with as much flair, but with a smile. "Good evening to you, too, Mister Matran. I'm Mairin Leann of the Tribe of Monaghan, Ambassador of the Free Lands." She motioned to Waari, who bowed her head with the grace expected from a cat. "My companion, Mhairi Maighdean of the Tribe of Kildare, Ambassador of the Selkie."
"Please, call me Waari.", the other woman said, still smiling, "Everyone does."

Meanwhile, Gwen excused herself, smiling and ambling towards Lukas.
She knew the man by now - it was hard not to know a man, when the own mother was pregnant from him. He had been in Dragan House a few times and Gwen had to admit, that she liked the man - not in the way her mother did or in the way she had loved her father, but he was nice.
Likeable.
Srol did, too, and he was a good judge of character.
"Hello, Lukas.", she said, as they were within reach of each other, offering her hand - either for a shake, a kiss, a hug or all three. "How are you?"

Meanwhile, Fiona separated from the group as well, approaching Golahman.
Karak.
Her boyfriend. It sounded a bit alien to her, still, but it sounded good, too. Very good.
She really liked him.
Her smile was soft as she approached him, unsure whether to go for a hug right away or to play it diplomatically - she was quite certain, that it showed on her face as well. "Good evening, Karak.", she greeted him with a smile.

Following the trend, Celina, too, separated from the group, deciding to get something to drink - an apple juice or something, if that was possible. She went for the bar, looking available for talking, which she was, and smiling as she sat down, ready to watch the evening unfold.
It would be fun to see.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Criska wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:Vershenov took Maxim's hand. "A healthy relationship is possible, considering this is the first step, despite our ideological differences. If I may add, there was a citizen of yours who attended our Halloween party. Her and Assad got along well, but, from what I heard, she left without a goodbye. Assad was a little upset, but, I'm not convinced he's bothered now."

"Ah, our little Daemague. Valynia has a way of doing that to people, charming them disappearing without a word." He smiled as he said it. He knew many people with similar stories. "If he wanted to try meeting her again, on all accounts i can get a message to her. She should be in attendance tonight, but their is a chance she has other concerns at the moment that would keep her away from the palace. I would offer a toast to our improved relations, but I think that would have the opposite effect." This caused Serik to burst out laughing.

"While I'm aware of what a toast is, it would be highly inappropriate, because in Krugeristan, the sale and possession of alcohol outside of religious ceremony is punishable by any means we choose, most often jail, but some instances have resulted in death," Vershenov said. "If you want a more moral take of a toast, offer a chocolate to whomever you're toasting."

The Selkie wrote:Meanwhile, Fiona separated from the group as well, approaching Golahman.
Karak.
Her boyfriend. It sounded a bit alien to her, still, but it sounded good, too. Very good.
She really liked him.
Her smile was soft as she approached him, unsure whether to go for a hug right away or to play it diplomatically - she was quite certain, that it showed on her face as well. "Good evening, Karak.", she greeted him with a smile.

Golahman was still whiter than snow. His cheeks soon flushed red, and tears proceeded to roll down his face again from nervousness. He squeezed his own hand in its glove, unsure of what to do. "I wouldn't necessarily call it a good evening yet. There's a lot of things that wouldn't make it bad, either." He bit the inside of his cheek, now. "I still hate myself, you know? I think the Christmas party ended terribly. The good news is, His Majesty, Abdullah, is alright. Poor fellow came out of his coma two days after you left. Returned to Jordan in decent health."

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Krugeristan wrote:Golahman was still whiter than snow. His cheeks soon flushed red, and tears proceeded to roll down his face again from nervousness. He squeezed his own hand in its glove, unsure of what to do. "I wouldn't necessarily call it a good evening yet. There's a lot of things that wouldn't make it bad, either." He bit the inside of his cheek, now. "I still hate myself, you know? I think the Christmas party ended terribly. The good news is, His Majesty, Abdullah, is alright. Poor fellow came out of his coma two days after you left. Returned to Jordan in decent health."

Fiona smiled, nodding a bit coyly. "That is good to hear."
She saw the inner turmoil of her boyfriend, she saw, that he was beating himself up over something. It was not the Christmas Party.
"I was a bit worried and... you know what?", she asked suddenly, grinning the self-confident smile Karak was more used to, the vibrancy returning into her eyes, "Fuck it."
And with that, she did, what Selkie usually did: She charged right in. In this case, that meant putting her arms around Karak with a wide smile, hugging him close to her, with strength, passion and love, kissing him on the cheek.
"Hey there.", she whispered to him.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:28 pm

The Selkie wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:Golahman was still whiter than snow. His cheeks soon flushed red, and tears proceeded to roll down his face again from nervousness. He squeezed his own hand in its glove, unsure of what to do. "I wouldn't necessarily call it a good evening yet. There's a lot of things that wouldn't make it bad, either." He bit the inside of his cheek, now. "I still hate myself, you know? I think the Christmas party ended terribly. The good news is, His Majesty, Abdullah, is alright. Poor fellow came out of his coma two days after you left. Returned to Jordan in decent health."

Fiona smiled, nodding a bit coyly. "That is good to hear."
She saw the inner turmoil of her boyfriend, she saw, that he was beating himself up over something. It was not the Christmas Party.
"I was a bit worried and... you know what?", she asked suddenly, grinning the self-confident smile Karak was more used to, the vibrancy returning into her eyes, "Fuck it."
And with that, she did, what Selkie usually did: She charged right in. In this case, that meant putting her arms around Karak with a wide smile, hugging him close to her, with strength, passion and love, kissing him on the cheek.
"Hey there.", she whispered to him.

Feeling his barrier melt, Golahman hugged Fiona back, not caring if others were watching, for the first time in his life. It's OK. I'm not breaking any rules. We're not breaking rules. I don't care. Please. Let me know you still care. Get rid of these nightmares, please. I don't know how to tell you I'm having nightmares. I still feel inadequate . . . until now, I guess. "Hi," he whispered back, voice trembling a little. "I'm OK."

The Siberian Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Siberian Empire » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Peter paced back and forth on the plane once again feeling an extreme amount of pressure bearing down on him. Just the Antakov came through the curtain that separated the parts of the cabin. "Come in here." Said the minister. "What for?" Said Peter.
"I have a gift for you." He followed him into the back of the plane where a large case say on the table. "Well go on.. open it." Said Antakov as he slid the case across the table. Peter unmatched the case to reveal a longsword in a ornate scabbed made with red leather and golden fittings. At the pommel there was a golden eagle. He slid the blade out, revealing the beautiful pattern welded blade. "Compliments of his majesty... thought it might make amends for the nose." The gashes made on his face were still clearly visible, especially on the bridge of his nose which had a considerable amount of bruising.
As He adjusted the belt of his new sword the pilot announced that they would be landing momentarily. As the door of the plane was about to open Levinsky handed him a flask. "I little liquid courage never hurts." He said as Peter took a drink. "It's time." Said Antakov. As the doors opened.

"Get a hold of some who knows whats going on, tell them we've arrived and find out where we need to be." Said Peter as they made there way to the car. "I'll contact the palace, anything else you want me ask them?" Asked Antakov. As they and their guards all piled into the cars Peter replied."Tell them I want to speak to this maxim fellow after dinner or whatever the hell is going tonight."
With that they made their way out of the airport and prepared to get to work.
Last edited by The Siberian Empire on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alexander I of house Victorian, King of Siberia, Tsar of all the Russians and Emperor of the North

MAGA

_[' ]_

Criska
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Criska » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Maxim grinned to himself."Chocolate doesn't make as good a message as a glass of wine or fresh ale in my mind, such are our differences." He looked at the Selkie delegation, what remained of it anyway. "Lord Protector now, the Emperor gave me a promotion posthumously it seems. For better or for worse." He paused again, looking back towards the throne room. "If you will excuse me, I think Aria might want company in the main room." Maxim turned from the Selkie and headed for ornate, thick, pine wood doors that marked where the reigning member of the Imperial family would stay. He took a deep breath and slowly began to push the door open.

Serik offered his hand to Waari. "I am afraid I won't be of much use to you as ambassadors, I do not hold any diplomatic standing within any of Edemre's cities. The council within my homeland can be...difficult to encourage foreign deals. If you are looking for mercenaries, I can get you in contact with a few of my old friends if you wish though.." He smiled.

Lukas's smile grew when Gwen approached him. "I am excellent, Gwen, How has the world been treating you and Nora?" As he asked the question as he put his arms around her and hugged her. "I have been meaning to make it back to visit her, but, my Lord Protector has been holding me here." He smiled painfully, slightly, when he said it. He had always preferred the Free Lands to the Realm. The Crisk were in general too laid back for his tastes, and too stoic. Emotion was his being, and those within Criska preferred to hide their own.
Last edited by Criska on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Criska wrote:Maxim grinned to himself."Chocolate doesn't make as good a message as a glass of wine or fresh ale in my mind, such are our differences." He looked at the Selkie delegation, what remained of it anyway. "Lord Protector now, the Emperor gave me a promotion posthumously it seems. For better or for worse." He paused again, looking back towards the throne room. "If you will excuse me, I think Aria might want company in the main room." Maxim turned from the Selkie and headed for ornate, thick, pine wood doors that marked where the reigning member of the Imperial family would stay. He took a deep breath and slowly began to push the door open.

Serik offered his hand to Waari. "I am afraid I won't be of much use to you as ambassadors, I do not hold any diplomatic standing within any of Edemre's cities. The council within my homeland can be...difficult to encourage foreign deals. If you are looking for mercenaries, I can get you in contact with a few of my old friends if you wish though.." He smiled.

Lukas's smile grew when Gwen approached him. "I am excellent, Gwen, How has the world been treating you?" As he asked the question as he put his arms around her and hugged. "It has been awhile..." His smile never faded, but their was a depth of care he had never had for anyone but is long dead sister. The Selkie seemed more like him then the Crisk at home did. He wasn't stoic like most of them, and he showed emotion unlike even more, even if the mask he wore hid most of his reactions. He had felt at home int he Free Lands, and it was odd being back 'home.'

So much for that. Vershenov was almost hurt.

Almost. It took more than that to wound him internally.

He looked over at Golahman, hoping he hadn't broken himself. There wasn't much Vershenov could do here, and having traveled to several different countries in less than a month was starting to take its toll. He wasn't young, and he was exhausted. Why can't Golahman just propose to Fiona and take her home, so we don't have to fly everywhere? I'll say the same about Assad. Bring the poor sack of bones home.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Krugeristan wrote:Feeling his barrier melt, Golahman hugged Fiona back, not caring if others were watching, for the first time in his life. It's OK. I'm not breaking any rules. We're not breaking rules. I don't care. Please. Let me know you still care. Get rid of these nightmares, please. I don't know how to tell you I'm having nightmares. I still feel inadequate . . . until now, I guess. "Hi," he whispered back, voice trembling a little. "I'm OK."

"That's good.", Fiona whispered back, hugging him closer and closer, burying her face in the crook of the neck of her boyfriend, sensing, that there were still doubts in him.
And if one asked her, she did not give a fuck about any rules at the moment.
She just wanted to hug his bloody soul out of his body. She missed him dearly.

Criska wrote:Maxim grinned to himself."Chocolate doesn't make as good a message as a glass of wine or fresh ale in my mind, such are our differences." He looked at the Selkie delegation, what remained of it anyway. "Lord Protector now, the Emperor gave me a promotion posthumously it seems. For better or for worse." He paused again, looking back towards the throne room. "If you will excuse me, I think Aria might want company in the main room." Maxim turned from the Selkie and headed for ornate, thick, pine wood doors that marked where the reigning member of the Imperial family would stay. He took a deep breath and slowly began to push the door open.

Lukas's smile grew when Gwen approached him. "I am excellent, Gwen, How has the world been treating you and Nora?" As he asked the question as he put his arms around her and hugged her. "I have been meaning to make it back to visit her, but, my Lord Protector has been holding me here." He smiled painfully, slightly, when he said it. He had always preferred the Free Lands to the Realm. The Crisk were in general too laid back for his tastes, and too stoic. Emotion was his being, and those within Criska preferred to hide their own.

Mairin smiled at the words, both at Maxim's promotion, despite the circumstances, that was very good and important, while Waari hid a giggle at Matran's words.
"You, Mister Matran, have a government that sounds just like our own Elder Council - very hesitant to deal with foreigners, although they got better over the last few decades. A centuries old process.", Mairin told the man as Maxim took his leave. There was suddenly a glint in her eyes as Waari said something about grabbing a drink and disappearing. Mairin offered her arm to the Edemre to hook into as she turned to walk a bit away from the large cluster, motioning him to follow her. She even let Abhcan's Cadance, the very special way of walking and swinging the hips just right for the Geansai's skirt, into her step. "However... please do tell me more about your mercenaries?"

Gwen returned the hug with a smile, having long accepted Lukas as a person, who made her mother happy - and that was something, she could very well live with.
She lingered in his embrace for a moment longer then needed before she replied: "It's okay. We would love to see you back at Dragan House soon, though. Especially Mom... she's still pregnant, the child and the mother are both safe. She due in... Juni, maybe late May, Doc Sully said." Gwen smiled. "Srol is beginning to act more like her protector then mine, smelling all those hormones and stuff and... reacting according to his nature. I could not be more proud of my little puppy."

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:34 pm

The Selkie wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:Feeling his barrier melt, Golahman hugged Fiona back, not caring if others were watching, for the first time in his life. It's OK. I'm not breaking any rules. We're not breaking rules. I don't care. Please. Let me know you still care. Get rid of these nightmares, please. I don't know how to tell you I'm having nightmares. I still feel inadequate . . . until now, I guess. "Hi," he whispered back, voice trembling a little. "I'm OK."

"That's good.", Fiona whispered back, hugging him closer and closer, burying her face in the crook of the neck of her boyfriend, sensing, that there were still doubts in him.
And if one asked her, she did not give a fuck about any rules at the moment.
She just wanted to hug his bloody soul out of his body. She missed him dearly.

"Assad said to say 'hi' as well, if I ever saw you again and he's convinced we're not going to be together for a while--not until my birthday, I guess, but even then, he doesn't know if he'll be able to make it. He's doing his best right now--I'm not. I'm still a mess. I've . . . been having a lot of nightmares lately. Don't know why my subconscious thinks you're going to leave, or get hurt, or something else, but . . . I don't know. Dreams are weird, I guess."

The Siberian Empire
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Siberian Empire » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:09 pm

As the car slowed to a halt, Peter closed the folder that Antakov had given him and looked it in the compartment beneath the passenger seat on front of him. They all proceeded into the palace which to Peters surprise contained a massive abundance of pine wood. They made there way to the Room where the coronation was to be held. Antakov and Levinsky went off talking to goverent officials, leaving Peter to his own devices. He walked across the room where the Lord protector Maxim was standing. "When I first heard of you and your position I was intrigued that for the first time i found a man who outranked an Empress but was not her husband." Said Peter as he extended his hand towards him.

MAGA

_[' ]_

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Edemre wrote:
Crisk International Airport

The sky was turning somewhat grey, with a steadily growing wind. The sun was still shining, but it was obvious to anyone with even a basic understanding of weather patterns that something was moving in. It was a black horizon heading in to cover a pristine blue sky.

Luna Moonfang watched as the Pacificoran jet landed, she moved from her shadowed location, followed closely by Captain Maerfore of the Royal Guard. Luna had no reason to have been in the dark position behind one of the larger jets, but it was an act of habit, just as one of her hands resting on the hilt of her epee was.

She wore a dark grey, white fur lined, overcoat that was closed tightly to her form. Her white hair was blowing slightly in the breeze, and she stared at the jet as the doors opened with her silver eyes. Her belt was tight to her waist, and she wore similarly formfitting pants of the same color. As the door opened she pulled both the sheathe of her epee and the blade itself from it's sheathe and kneeled, holding the tip of the blade to the tarmac. Behind her Maerfore stood at attention, his mask hiding any expression his face held, both in response to the Pacifiorcans and Luna’s act of deference.

“Welcome back to Criska.” There was a slight tension in his voice. He had lost many friends, and good comrades when the Imperial Palace had been destroyed during the Crisk-Pacificoran War. Four years had done little to improve his mood. Luna did not address the Pacificorans first.

“If you allow your troubles to gain control over you, Captain, you will be in real trouble when something happens.” Her voice was soft, just loud enough for the small group, both Pacificoran and Crisk. She rose of her position, but did not approach them. She put her blade back into her belt, and threw out a smile, and offered to hand out. “Luna Moonfang, member of the Oathbound, of the Edem.”

Maerfore did not introduce himself, he simply looked at them, a mix of disdain, annoyance, and respect all playing out at once in his eyes.

The President was the first to offer her hand to Ms Moonfang.

<Farania> "Very nice to meet you Luna Moonfang, I am President Farania of Pacificora. in my stay here I hope to learn as much as I can about the culture and customs of all other people attending, and I hope that I can learn more about both the Outhbound and the Edem. This is Ambassador Geguri, the Ambassador from Pacificora to Criska, Grand Commander Vilaro...

And I'm sure you've heard of Minister Zariff Galar, the former President of Pacificora, and his son, Advisor Xari Galar, whom I have been told has attended one of these gatherings before."

Xari and Zariff exchanged a look of both trustfulness and anxiety. They had swore not to tell anyone else of what had happened that night regarding Lord Vyrin, and more importantly, Empress Aria. While it should have been considered a truly innocent encounter between the two, Lord Vyrin had changed that, and was the main advocate for the Crisk-Pacifican War on the Crisk side. This kind of drama could not be repeated for a second time, Xari hadn't seen Aria since the event, since that night, and he had hoped he wouldn't have to ever see her again, but being involved in Pacifican politics to the extent he was had its downsides, this, at least in Xari's opinion, being one of them, having to deal with the pain of the past.

During the Crisk-Pacifican War, Xari had been evacuated to the secluded southern islands like so many others had been, and there he had trained in traditional Pacifican martial arts, namely the ancient art of Hujro. This wasn't something he was expecting to come across, but in his experiences down south, it's what he ended up with. It's what taught him to try and stop thinking about her so much, and the domino effect that had come into effect. But now, he was back, and it was unavoidable, no matter how much he tried.

Xari shook Ms Moonfang's hand with a slight smile on his face.

<Farania> "So, I guess we should get going then!"
Last edited by Pacificora on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents