NATION

PASSWORD

Stille Nacht: Crown's Burden [OOC][MT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lamerika
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lamerika » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Tagged
THE LAMERIKAN SYNDICALIST FEDERATION
"Can I give you some f*cking fruit juice?" -Zizek
- OOC - Our Leader - Military - Overview - Q & A
LAMERIKAN NEWS NETWORK: Lamerikan Volunteers head to fight Furbish Island government forces in support of SETRA Rebels /// Talks between SecGen Taylor and President Trump conclude with the signing of the historic "Olympia Accords" while CNN continues to debate the logistics of handshakes between the two leaders ///

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Looks good @Achesia, about right. Maybe I'll start the OP with some big terrorist strike or attack on a mining site?

Pacificora wrote:Nation/Organisation/Character: The Federal Union of Sarmatchka

Alignment (Phallia/Atla/Neutral): Phallia

What do you plan to do?: Sarmatchka is a large nation north of both Atla and Phallia, and is one of the oldest nations on the continent. Historically, it has always been at odds with New Phallia, always competing with them over interests in the region. Sarmatchka has always been more dominant in the lands west as oppose to this region, but in recent decades it has lost quite a bit of its dominance in the west. It was able to survive as a strong power until the civil war in Phallia had ended. Once Atla was able to declare its independance, strong movements in the southern areas of Sarmatchka have begun rebelling for their own independance after hundreds of years under Sarmatchka. Sarmatch officials have decided to put aside their tensions with Phallia to try and safe its remaining influence in this world, proving that the Sarmatch monarchy can still do its job. Because if they lose, not only will the southern regions of Sarmatchka named Frahhsta, Kurkana, and Gukari declare their immeadiate independance, but radicals will storm the parliament...

RP Sample:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=402449
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=397845
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=402504

Looks interesting, would you like Sarmatchka added to the map then?

As I understand we would be uneasy allies, working against the common enemy of separatist groups on our inner areas.

Do the separatist regions in your country have similar cultural heritage to the Sainese in Shentong; if they do (or even if not) we could have the SLA and your militant groups cooperate and coordinate to form their own state. The Sainese are maybe south-chinese speaking chinese analogue.

@Twelve Isles, I strongly suggest you lean toward Atla in this, as in if we agree to peacekeepers they come through Atla as Shentong is landlocked and Sarmatchka is friendly to Phallia. You do have similar interests in creating a friendly Shentong state.

The sides then would be:

Atla
+ Twelve Isles (neutral/arbiter)

Phallia
+Ord Caprica
+Sarmatchka
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Achesia wrote:THE THIRD REPUBLIC OF ATLA |
(Image)
Flag of Atla

Motto: "Libertas ad omnes"

(Image)

Capital: Austrundus
Largest City: Austrundus

Population: 36 Million

Official Language: English

National Language: None

Demonym: Atlish

Government: Republic

The Third Republic of Atla, commonly known as Atla is a libertarian republic situated on the borderlands between the regions of Herspera and Aurus. It includes the land situated between the Shentong and Atlish mountains common known as the Wein River Valley. It is a humbly sized landlocked nation nation bordered to the east by the Kingdom of New Phallia, the south by Great Chen, and to the northwest by Dzhungestan.

Atla's government is a constitutional republic with an executive branch lead by the President who acts as head of state and government, a tricameral legislature, and a high judicial court. The Atlish government capital is Austrundus which is situated to the north west of the country along the Wein River. Austrundus is also the largest city in Atla, with a urban population of 3.2 million. The country is broken into five provinces which each have their own governments that have unique policies and laws that reflect the will of their populations. The central government of Atla has minimal say in the administration of these five provinces which fiercely guard their provincial rights against the looming power of a taboo central government.

Coal, Iron, and Rare Earth Minerals are the chief exports of Atla and make up the majority of the economic income of the nation. Iron and coal are mined primarily in the Atlish mountains to the northwest and the Shentong Mountains in the east of the country. Rare Earth Minerals are sporadically found in the northern part of the country. These resources after being mined are then refined throughout Atla and exported to the world markets. The largest means of export is the Wein river which is the closest access tot he ocean for the land locked nation of Atla.

Formed after the Atlish Revolution of 1890, Atla is a country centered around the culture and heritage of the Atlish people. The Atlish get their name from the mountains to the north, a common slang term for Phallian workers being sent to the mines in the north of the old Phallian Kingdom. Several revolts lead up the independence movement of Atla, but the largest catalyst is the Dundee Massacre in which Royal Phallian troops burned and slaughtered the entire village of Dundee during its own revolt. Three years after the massacre at Dundee, Atla found itself an independent country and the people created unto themselves a republic to secure their rights as free men. The Atlish people are highly libertarian and view the government as only a tool of the people to prevent fraud and abuse. Due to this, laws regulating anything within Atla are rare, and often communities are left to deal their own justice. The Atlish people fear large over oppressive government, viewing it and tyrannical and dangerous to the life and liberty of all people. Since the revolution of 1890 the people of Atla have overthrown the government twice and created a new constitution with new checks and balances against an over growing central power.

Atla is a developed country with infrastructure and markets on par with first world nations such as those in Meridia, but in more rural areas the infrastructure is less tended to and under the purview of the communities that they reside in. Being as there is little regulation from the government, communities and even provincial governments will hire private sector firms to upgrade and build regional infrastructure.

Within the economic center of Austrundus hundreds if not thousands of multinational companies have headquartered themselves to avoid frequent taxation from other states, and instead enjoy the low tax burden that the Atlish government places on corporation. Banks have sprung up in this haven of little oversight and began a trend by organizations and persons from across the globe of opening an "Atlish Bank Account".

This will make a fine addition to my collection. . .
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:18 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Achesia wrote:THE THIRD REPUBLIC OF ATLA |
(Image)
Flag of Atla

Motto: "Libertas ad omnes"

(Image)

Capital: Austrundus
Largest City: Austrundus

Population: 36 Million

Official Language: English

National Language: None

Demonym: Atlish

Government: Republic

The Third Republic of Atla, commonly known as Atla is a libertarian republic situated on the borderlands between the regions of Herspera and Aurus. It includes the land situated between the Shentong and Atlish mountains common known as the Wein River Valley. It is a humbly sized landlocked nation nation bordered to the east by the Kingdom of New Phallia, the south by Great Chen, and to the northwest by Dzhungestan.

Atla's government is a constitutional republic with an executive branch lead by the President who acts as head of state and government, a tricameral legislature, and a high judicial court. The Atlish government capital is Austrundus which is situated to the north west of the country along the Wein River. Austrundus is also the largest city in Atla, with a urban population of 3.2 million. The country is broken into five provinces which each have their own governments that have unique policies and laws that reflect the will of their populations. The central government of Atla has minimal say in the administration of these five provinces which fiercely guard their provincial rights against the looming power of a taboo central government.

Coal, Iron, and Rare Earth Minerals are the chief exports of Atla and make up the majority of the economic income of the nation. Iron and coal are mined primarily in the Atlish mountains to the northwest and the Shentong Mountains in the east of the country. Rare Earth Minerals are sporadically found in the northern part of the country. These resources after being mined are then refined throughout Atla and exported to the world markets. The largest means of export is the Wein river which is the closest access tot he ocean for the land locked nation of Atla.

Formed after the Atlish Revolution of 1890, Atla is a country centered around the culture and heritage of the Atlish people. The Atlish get their name from the mountains to the north, a common slang term for Phallian workers being sent to the mines in the north of the old Phallian Kingdom. Several revolts lead up the independence movement of Atla, but the largest catalyst is the Dundee Massacre in which Royal Phallian troops burned and slaughtered the entire village of Dundee during its own revolt. Three years after the massacre at Dundee, Atla found itself an independent country and the people created unto themselves a republic to secure their rights as free men. The Atlish people are highly libertarian and view the government as only a tool of the people to prevent fraud and abuse. Due to this, laws regulating anything within Atla are rare, and often communities are left to deal their own justice. The Atlish people fear large over oppressive government, viewing it and tyrannical and dangerous to the life and liberty of all people. Since the revolution of 1890 the people of Atla have overthrown the government twice and created a new constitution with new checks and balances against an over growing central power.

Atla is a developed country with infrastructure and markets on par with first world nations such as those in Meridia, but in more rural areas the infrastructure is less tended to and under the purview of the communities that they reside in. Being as there is little regulation from the government, communities and even provincial governments will hire private sector firms to upgrade and build regional infrastructure.

Within the economic center of Austrundus hundreds if not thousands of multinational companies have headquartered themselves to avoid frequent taxation from other states, and instead enjoy the low tax burden that the Atlish government places on corporation. Banks have sprung up in this haven of little oversight and began a trend by organizations and persons from across the globe of opening an "Atlish Bank Account".

The code for the factbook? I can point you to a better location that has all that stuff to make some pretty stellar factbooks.

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:37 pm

Murovanka wrote:Looks good @Achesia, about right. Maybe I'll start the OP with some big terrorist strike or attack on a mining site?

Pacificora wrote:Nation/Organisation/Character: The Federal Union of Sarmatchka

Alignment (Phallia/Atla/Neutral): Phallia

What do you plan to do?: Sarmatchka is a large nation north of both Atla and Phallia, and is one of the oldest nations on the continent. Historically, it has always been at odds with New Phallia, always competing with them over interests in the region. Sarmatchka has always been more dominant in the lands west as oppose to this region, but in recent decades it has lost quite a bit of its dominance in the west. It was able to survive as a strong power until the civil war in Phallia had ended. Once Atla was able to declare its independance, strong movements in the southern areas of Sarmatchka have begun rebelling for their own independance after hundreds of years under Sarmatchka. Sarmatch officials have decided to put aside their tensions with Phallia to try and safe its remaining influence in this world, proving that the Sarmatch monarchy can still do its job. Because if they lose, not only will the southern regions of Sarmatchka named Frahhsta, Kurkana, and Gukari declare their immeadiate independance, but radicals will storm the parliament...

RP Sample:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=402449
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=397845
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=402504

As I understand we would be uneasy allies, working against the common enemy of separatist groups on our inner areas.

Do the separatist regions in your country have similar cultural heritage to the Sainese in Shentong; if they do (or even if not) we could have the SLA and your militant groups cooperate and coordinate to form their own state. The Sainese are maybe south-chinese speaking chinese analogue.

@Twelve Isles, I strongly suggest you lean toward Atla in this, as in if we agree to peacekeepers they come through Atla as Shentong is landlocked and Sarmatchka is friendly to Phallia. You do have similar interests in creating a friendly Shentong state.

The sides then would be:

Atla

Phallia
+Ord Caprica
+Sarmatchka

Okay, so I was thinking about something this size for Sarmatchka (left image, top right corner). I know it's large, and I completely understand if it is too much.

The ethnic groups in the south (right, [listed from left to right] Frahhsta, Kurkana, and Gukari) would be very similar to the ethnic makeup of Shentong, but the reason their names are so different is mainly because those are their Sarmatch names.

Tell me if this is too much. Also...

Flag of Sarmatchka :)
Last edited by Pacificora on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Achesia wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

The code for the factbook? I can point you to a better location that has all that stuff to make some pretty stellar factbooks.

A better fact book would be great.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Pacificora wrote:
Murovanka wrote:Looks good @Achesia, about right. Maybe I'll start the OP with some big terrorist strike or attack on a mining site?

The sides then would be:

Atla

Phallia
+Ord Caprica
+Sarmatchka

Okay, so I was thinking about something this size for Sarmatchka (left image, top right corner). I know it's large, and I completely understand if it is too much.

The ethnic groups in the south (right, [listed from left to right] Frahhsta, Kurkana, and Gukari) would be very similar to the ethnic makeup of Shentong, but the reason their names are so different is mainly because those are their Sarmatch names.

So which image is your nation? or is it both and the right image is your colonies? Sorry just wanna make sure Its right when i put it on if Muro is good with it.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:56 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Achesia wrote:

A better fact book would be great.

Here is a link to a complete factbook for my main nation:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=583718

Here is an awesome thead for making factbooks:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=256878

Here is the factbook of the guy who wrote the thread above and who I based my factbook on.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=pon ... k/id=97589

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:59 pm

So, considering my position as an arbiter of sorts in this conflict, what are the military capability of Ord Caprica and Shmatka?

They are both on Phallia's side, and If I was to deploy soldiers I dont think they would be to keen on Isles troops in Phallia, and fighting to free territory that Phallia considers its own. If they are more powerful or of equal power to me, it would make me less interested in deploying soldiers, since a war with them could be devastating, especially considering the emerging superpower status that my nation has, we would not want to loose that in a war that would have no major implications for our nation other than brownie points with Shentong and maybe Atla.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:23 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:So, considering my position as an arbiter of sorts in this conflict, what are the military capability of Ord Caprica and Shmatka?

They are both on Phallia's side, and If I was to deploy soldiers I dont think they would be to keen on Isles troops in Phallia, and fighting to free territory that Phallia considers its own. If they are more powerful or of equal power to me, it would make me less interested in deploying soldiers, since a war with them could be devastating, especially considering the emerging superpower status that my nation has, we would not want to loose that in a war that would have no major implications for our nation other than brownie points with Shentong and maybe Atla.

Sarmatchka can mobilise about 1.2 million soldiers safely without a complete collapse of the Sarmatch system, but Sarmatchka is slow to say the least, they are historically known for being a bit of a slowpoke, but you don't want to stay in a war with them for too long, because they can easily change the tide. Sarmatchka's navy is pitiful, its land forces of basic quality, and their Air Force is reasonable, the only thing they really have an advantage with is size.

The rebel groups have currently about 10,000-30,000 fighters, but they are very ill equipped and are currently losing against Sarmatch forces.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Achesia wrote:
Pacificora wrote:Image

So which image is your nation? or is it both and the right image is your colonies? Sorry just wanna make sure Its right when i put it on if Muro is good with it.

Okay so the image on the left? Sarmatchka is the nation in the top right corner. On the right are the historic borders of the insurgents.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Pacificora wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:So, considering my position as an arbiter of sorts in this conflict, what are the military capability of Ord Caprica and Shmatka?

Sarmatchka can mobilise about 1.2 million soldiers safely without a complete collapse of the Sarmatch system, but Sarmatchka is slow to say the least, they are historically known for being a bit of a slowpoke, but you don't want to stay in a war with them for too long, because they can easily change the tide. Sarmatchka's navy is pitiful, its land forces of basic quality, and their Air Force is reasonable, the only thing they really have an advantage with is size.

The rebel groups have currently about 10,000-30,000 fighters, but they are very ill equipped and are currently losing against Sarmatch forces.

Ok, thats good to know.

The Isles have a large, powerful but outdated Navy, and a highly modernized and mobile army and air force, though they are both smaller. I can mobilize about 2 million soldiers safely, but this isnt a war that directly threatens the Isles so I cant instate a draft, only increase work on recruitment.

So, what Im going to take away from you is that I dont need to be scared of you navy, and if I act quickly I can knock out your airforce, but that fighting your army would likely stall and bog down, leading to a Vietnam types situation.\

Does that sound right to you or is there something else I should take into account?

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:39 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Pacificora wrote:Sarmatchka can mobilise about 1.2 million soldiers safely without a complete collapse of the Sarmatch system, but Sarmatchka is slow to say the least, they are historically known for being a bit of a slowpoke, but you don't want to stay in a war with them for too long, because they can easily change the tide. Sarmatchka's navy is pitiful, its land forces of basic quality, and their Air Force is reasonable, the only thing they really have an advantage with is size.

Ok, thats good to know.

The Isles have a large, powerful but outdated Navy, and a highly modernized and mobile army and air force, though they are both smaller. I can mobilize about 2 million soldiers safely, but this isnt a war that directly threatens the Isles so I cant instate a draft, only increase work on recruitment.

So, what Im going to take away from you is that I dont need to be scared of you navy, and if I act quickly I can knock out your airforce, but that fighting your army would likely stall and bog down, leading to a Vietnam types situation.\

Does that sound right to you or is there something else I should take into account?

Well, vaguely yes, sorry I didn't know exactly how large the populations were here, my plan is for Sarmatchka to have a rather large army, but a slightly outdated and very slow to mobilise army. Sarmatchka is just trying to hold onto its old glory that it experienced earlier in its history, but rebels disagree. So, this is basically how the war would likely go out.

First year: largly mobilising

Second year: strong national morale

Third year: increasing casualties, rebels in the south turning to more extreme measures

Fourth year: increased drafting, increased unrest, lowering morale

Fifth year: large offensives, increased morale, lowering resources.

Sixth year: massive casualties, soaring unrest, increased draft.

Seventh year: the collapse of Sarmatch Monarch.

Maybe the time frame won't be the same, but the basic timeline will
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Pacificora wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:
Ok, thats good to know.

Well, vaguely yes, sorry I didn't know exactly how large the populations were here, my plan is for Sarmatchka to have a rather large army, but a slightly outdated and very slow to mobilise army. Sarmatchka is just trying to hold onto its old glory that it experienced earlier in its history, but rebels disagree. So, this is basically how the war would likely go out.

Third year: increasing casualties, rebels in the south turning to more extreme measures

So, basically what Im hearing is that if I was to go to war with you, the best strategy would be to just hold the line and let your people do the work themselves?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Ok, I am seeing some numbers here that don't make allot of realistic sense. I don't have allot of time to go in depth because I need to get some sleep, but millions of troops mobilized is not realistic. There are economic and logistical implications of moving that much men and equipment. Not only would it take allot of time but it would take allot of money. And given your nations don't have much of a bone in the fight but to keep the peace, I don't think the economic implications of deploying that many men would be ok with your populace.

What i'd like is that we go for a more RL world standard of numbers. Like maybe a division or several brigades are deployed. That would make more sense. But this is not going to be a slog fest of epic proportions and epic numbers. Can we maybe work to scale down a bit? thanks guys :)

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:48 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Pacificora wrote:Well, vaguely yes, sorry I didn't know exactly how large the populations were here, my plan is for Sarmatchka to have a rather large army, but a slightly outdated and very slow to mobilise army. Sarmatchka is just trying to hold onto its old glory that it experienced earlier in its history, but rebels disagree. So, this is basically how the war would likely go out.

So, basically what Im hearing is that if I was to go to war with you, the best strategy would be to just hold the line and let your people do the work themselves?

Well from year 2-5 it would be difficult for any land nation nearby, but unless something suddenly goes in my favour, this is the path I will likely go down. If I beat Alta let's say, then I don't really have any true land enemies, and any of those massive casualties I mentioned earlier would be irrelevant, leading to less unrest.

Look, Sarmatchka's foundations are weak, they are going to collapse, but if they could pull off a victory in let's say the first five years, then the Sarmatch monarchy would last easily another decade. From the Monarch's perspective, this is a war trying to keep the country together.

Achesia wrote:Ok, I am seeing some numbers here that don't make allot of realistic sense. I don't have allot of time to go in depth because I need to get some sleep, but millions of troops mobilized is not realistic. There are economic and logistical implications of moving that much men and equipment. Not only would it take allot of time but it would take allot of money. And given your nations don't have much of a bone in the fight but to keep the peace, I don't think the economic implications of deploying that many men would be ok with your populace.

What i'd like is that we go for a more RL world standard of numbers. Like maybe a division or several brigades are deployed. That would make more sense. But this is not going to be a slog fest of epic proportions and epic numbers. Can we maybe work to scale down a bit? thanks guys :)

Yeah sorry bout that, I just don't know how big anyone else's army is, I have nothing to base this off xD

I'll happily take suggestions and edit my armies size to fit necessary requirements :)
Last edited by Pacificora on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Pacificora wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

Well from year 2-5 it would be difficult for any land nation nearby, but unless something suddenly goes in my favour, this is the path I will likely go down. If I beat Alta let's say, then I don't really have any true land enemies, and any of those massive casualties I mentioned earlier would be irrelevant, leading to less unrest.

Look, Sarmatchka's foundations are weak, they are going to collapse, but if they could pull off a victory in let's say the first five years, then the Sarmatch monarchy would last easily another decade. From the Monarch's perspective, this is a war trying to keep the country together.

Achesia wrote:Ok, I am seeing some numbers here that don't make allot of realistic sense. I don't have allot of time to go in depth because I need to get some sleep, but millions of troops mobilized is not realistic. There are economic and logistical implications of moving that much men and equipment. Not only would it take allot of time but it would take allot of money. And given your nations don't have much of a bone in the fight but to keep the peace, I don't think the economic implications of deploying that many men would be ok with your populace.

Yeah sorry bout that, I just don't know how big anyone else's army is, I have nothing to base this off xD

I'll happily take suggestions and edit my armies size to fit necessary requirements :)

I mean its more just a realistic standard. I dont know about Phallia if he has the army size worked out but the total military of Atla is only going to be several hundred thousand. Thats admin people, supply guys, mechanics, and actual trigger pullers. It's not the usual million man slog like allot of NS does haha.

So maybe look at wikipedia and find like a RL nation of like size to yours and go and see what size military they have. I don't think anyone is a super power in this RP so I dn't think that sort of scale of things works out.

Also I'm still not 100% sure what you mean by your maps. What is the map on the right?
Last edited by Achesia on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Well, right now my whole military is only 216,000 soldiers. I wouldn't plan on deploying many more than that, and maybe ratcheting my recruiting up and putting some of my reserves into the field to try and get 300,000 soldiers.

2 million is just the largest amount of soldiers I could conceivably recruit (or more realistically conscript) before my nation would face major economic repercussions.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:57 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:

Well, right now my whole military is only 216,000 soldiers. I wouldn't plan on deploying many more than that, and maybe ratcheting my recruiting up and putting some of my reserves into the field to try and get 300,000 soldiers.

2 million is just the largest amount of soldiers I could conceivably recruit (or more realistically conscript) before my nation would face major economic repercussions.

Ohhhhhh ok. So your saying that is like your 5% threshhold, gotcha. No that makes more sense, thanks for explaining.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Achesia wrote:
Pacificora wrote:Well from year 2-5 it would be difficult for any land nation nearby, but unless something suddenly goes in my favour, this is the path I will likely go down. If I beat Alta let's say, then I don't really have any true land enemies, and any of those massive casualties I mentioned earlier would be irrelevant, leading to less unrest.

I mean its more just a realistic standard. I dont know about Phallia if he has the army size worked out but the total military of Atla is only going to be several hundred thousand. Thats admin people, supply guys, mechanics, and actual trigger pullers. It's not the usual million man slog like allot of NS does haha.

So maybe look at wikipedia and find like a RL nation of like size to yours and go and see what size military they have. I don't think anyone is a super power in this RP so I dn't think that sort of scale of things works out.

Also I'm still not 100% sure what you mean by your maps. What is the map on the right?

On the right it shows my three main rebel groups. The three countries there at the Phallian border don't currently exist, but could exist if I lose.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Achesia wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

Ohhhhhh ok. So your saying that is like your 5% threshhold, gotcha. No that makes more sense, thanks for explaining.

Actually, currently only 3% of my population is military. We have the 216,000 active personnel, and the 1.5 million or so reserve and National Guard forces.

But yeah, the 5% threshold is what Im trying to adhere to.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Pacificora wrote:
Achesia wrote:

On the right it shows my three main rebel groups. The three countries there at the Phallian border don't currently exist, but could exist if I lose.

How do you see them coming into this rp?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Actually, currently only 3% of my population is military. We have the 216,000 active personnel, and the 1.5 million or so reserve and National Guard forces.

Yup yup, good standard. Makes good sense.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:03 pm

Achesia wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

Yup yup, good standard. Makes good sense.

Thats the plan so far.

The biggest problem if I was to call on my reserves though is while my Naval Fleet is large and in charge, my Air and Tank fleets are much smaller, so if I was to call on all of those soldiers it would become a Soviet Russia style war, with me just throwing waves of people at my enemies, and thats not something I want to do. I would much rather work on building more tanks and aircraft, so I can have a military that is both large and technologically advanced, which is what my nation is currently doing at the time of this RP.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Achesia wrote:
Pacificora wrote:On the right it shows my three main rebel groups. The three countries there at the Phallian border don't currently exist, but could exist if I lose.

How do you see them coming into this rp?

Aligning with Alta to try and seperate from Sarmatchka. They were inspired by Alta's independence. Currently they are just a pain for Sarmatchka but in the future they could become fully sovereign republics.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents