NATION

PASSWORD

BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake Strikes!!!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Cosmera
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake Strikes!!!

Postby Cosmera » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:17 pm

The Cosmera Post-Dispatch

Earthquake Strikes Cosmera.....Thousands Feared Dead

Port Cosmera (TCPD): Ministry of Science officials and members of the Office of the Prime Executive have announced a major earthquake near Libertyville, Cosmera.The quake measured 8.7 on the Richter Scale. Details from the area are sketchy right now due to loss of power and communication lines. Members of the Cosmera Interior Guard (CMI) have been dispatched to assess the situation. Prime Executive Bryce Denham is currently flying back from Freedom Harbor, Sakhalin Colony and will make a fly-by of the area before landing at Port Cosmera later on this evening.
Last edited by Cosmera on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Through the Ashes, We may Weep. Through the Blood, We shall Keep

Pot smokers land
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake Strikes!!!

Postby Pot smokers land » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:21 pm

spam

Kurona
Envoy

Founded: Jul 29, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurona » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Cosmera wrote:The Cosmera Post-Dispatch

Earthquake Strikes Cosmera.....Thousands Feared Dead

Port Cosmera (TCPD): Ministry of Science officials and members of the Office of the Prime Executive have announced a major earthquake near Libertyville, Cosmera.The quake measured 8.7 on the Richter Scale. Details from the area are sketchy right now due to loss of power and communication lines. Members of the Cosmera Interior Guard (CMI) have been dispatched to assess the situation. Prime Executive Bryce Denham is currently flying back from Freedom Harbor, Sakhalin Colony and will make a fly-by of the area before landing at Port Cosmera later on this evening.

The Principality is very saddened by this news of a terrible earthquake. We're sending to you 50 tons of wheat and barley, 113 kg of fresh fruits to be readily distributed, and 1500 cases of bottled fresh water.
A Wife A Mother A Farmer

Xanadou Long time resident and founder.

Palmouth
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Palmouth » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:21 am

Palmouth are deeply saddened by this event and will send 10,000 boxes of Food and resources that the survivors need. At least it's nature, no terrorists involed.
Die Großelysiche Entente von Aachland und der Stammstaaten von Palmund
The Greater Elysian Entente of Aachland and the Anterior States of Palmouth

[Aachland Factbook] | [Aacherian Orthodox Church] | [Church Factbook] | [NationStates Page]

Venezue
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Venezue » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 am

Venezue will send 100 casevac units along with 1000 cases of food. We apologise for your countries loss, and I believe I speak for all nations when I say we will do anything to lessen the sufering of this tragic inccident
December 1985: Venezue is founded
December 1987: Venezue overthrows Slovenian government
March 1990: Venezue invades and conquers Austria
August 1991: Venezue fails to capture the Czech Republic
May 1994: Venezue captures Slovakia
August 1997: Venezue bombs Hungary into submission
June 2009: Venezue's nationstates account is created
December 2009: The Stalinist Territories suffer invasion and nuclear meltdown
March 2010: Martilia announced the reformed territories of Venezue and allows them independence
May 2010: The Trotskyist Federation is formed
June 2010: Fascist radicals capture the government building by a military Coup
Venezue NSwiki page

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:40 am

Kylarnatia sends its care and has deployed 1000 shelter boxes for the situation.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:54 am

The Cosmera Post-Dispatch

Libertyville (TCPD): While touring the damage of his city, Mayor James Hawthorne asked that more troops from the Interior Guard (CMI) be called upon for Search and Rescue and Recovery operations. So far, estimates are that 5,250 are dead and 25,000 injured. Meanwhile, Prime Executive Bryce Denham has thanked those nations already sending aid and called upon those nations with diplomatic ties to send what they can.

All rescue teams and aid stations are being set up at the following locations:

Lake Liberty: 10 miles north of the city
Kilian Air Base: near highway 24
MORE LOCALES WILL BE ANNOUNCED

Arivada
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arivada » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:03 am

Dear Cosmera,
We are sending troops to deliver food and set up camps for homeless citizens. Also we will help with Search and rescue. Feel free to ask questions!
Signed,John Doe President of Arivada
Army-40,000,000
National Guard-5,000,000
Marine Corp Rangers-5,000,000
States Milita-5,000,000
Navy-1,200 ships, 5 Million Personnel
Air Force-12,000 Planes, 5 million personnel

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:52 am

The hospital ship Dr. Lucille Teasdale-Corti has interrupted its shakedown cruise and is en route to Port Cosmera to receive casualties. It is accompanied by the helicopter carrier Dove, which will perform ambulance duties between the disaster zone and the Teasdale. Please advise if these arrangements are not suitable.

-- Sunny Choy, Fatatatutti Relief Organization (FRO)

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:The hospital ship Dr. Lucille Teasdale-Corti has interrupted its shakedown cruise and is en route to Port Cosmera to receive casualties. It is accompanied by the helicopter carrier Dove, which will perform ambulance duties between the disaster zone and the Teasdale. Please advise if these arrangements are not suitable.

-- Sunny Choy, Fatatatutti Relief Organization (FRO)

We Thank all who are sending aid.

The Dr. Lucile Teasdale-Corti and the Dove are to Dock at Port Cosmera. The Closest LZ will be Lake Liberty and we are setting up Triage at Kilani Air Base.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakhalin Defense and Security Force

To: All Nations
RE: Rescue Efforts

I, Major-General Hans Lowfrye of the SDSF, has been placed in full command of the Libertyville SARR operations by Prime Executive Bryce Denham. He has ordered that all SDSF and Interior Guard (CMI) Troops be placed under my command. All International Diplomatic Troop commanders will meet at the Lake Liberty LZ at 1900 hours GMT tonight for a coordination meeting.

As far as updated death toll: Libertyville, a city of 14 million, was hardest hit: 6855 dead, 100,000 injured, over 2 million homeless

NOTE: ongoing seismic activity in the area warrants caution.

Yours in peace,
Hans Lowfrye

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:41 pm

Arivada wrote:Dear Cosmera,
We are sending troops to deliver food and set up camps for homeless citizens. Also we will help with Search and rescue. Feel free to ask questions!
Signed,John Doe President of Arivada

Please get with Major-General Lowfrye of the SDSF/IG Joint Rescue Command at Lake Liberty

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:51 pm

To: Port Cosmera Port Authority

Can we conduct air operations - i.e. shuttling casualties from the disaster zone to the hospital ship - from the dock? Or should we stand out to sea? We are fully capable of carrying out our operations from offshore, which would also free up dock space for other relief vessels.

-- Capt. Hawkins

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:56 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:To: Port Cosmera Port Authority

Can we conduct air operations - i.e. shuttling casualties from the disaster zone to the hospital ship - from the dock? Or should we stand out to sea? We are fully capable of carrying out our operations from offshore, which would also free up dock space for other relief vessels.

-- Capt. Hawkins

Capt. Hawkins, you will stand out to sea for the time being.

Be aware the the Aircraft Carrier CCNS Enterprise is in charge of Sea Ops in that area.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:03 pm

To: Vice Admiral Boris Kirov, CCNS Enterprise

We will be arriving off Port Cosmera shortly and we expect the hospital ship Dr. Lucille Teasdale-Corti to join us later tonight. We will be transporting casualties by helicopter from the earthquake zone to the hospital ship. Can you please assign us to an appropriate location? An anchorage would be desirable but we can operate on the move if necessary.

-- Capt. Hawkins

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:To: Vice Admiral Boris Kirov, CCNS Enterprise

We will be arriving off Port Cosmera shortly and we expect the hospital ship Dr. Lucille Teasdale-Corti to join us later tonight. We will be transporting casualties by helicopter from the earthquake zone to the hospital ship. Can you please assign us to an appropriate location? An anchorage would be desirable but we can operate on the move if necessary.

-- Capt. Hawkins

Capt. Hawkins,

You will anchor off the coast of Victoria Island, 12 miles NE of your current position.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Captain Hawkins leaned on the rail with his pipe in his mouth, looking out over Victoria Island and listening to the anchor chain rattle out. In all of his years at sea, he had never been able to decide which he liked best, arriving in a new port, leaving port or going home.

"Captain?" It was the Chief of Air Operations.

"Ready to go, Jack?" the Captain asked without turning around.

"Ready as we'll ever be."

"Get a couple of birds in the air as soon as you can and scout out the zone, will you? I want to be in full swing as soon as the Lucy gets here."

"Right."

"Carry on then." Hawkins looked out across the land again, glad to have a good ship and a reliable ocean under his feet. The water was always moving and he knew it was a contradiction of sorts, but the idea of quaking land gave him the willies. He was only too happy to help the poor land-based bastards, but God and Satan together couldn't make him live there.

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:51 pm

"Sir, Dr. Emmet L. Brown of the Cosmera National Academy of Science is here to see you"

"Let him in Janice" says Prime Executive Bryce Denham

"Dr. Brown, What can I help you with, as you can see we are pretty busy here, what with the Earthquake in Libertyville"

"That is what I need to speak with you about, sir. I insist in private" Says Dr. Brown

"Gentlemen, I will see what the good doctor has to say and get back to you shortly"

In his main office.........

"Well Doc, What's up?"

"This 'Earthquake' is impossible"

"What ever do you mean, 'Impossible'?"

"It just could not have happened where it did, yet here it is"

"All right doc, Spill it. I don't have time for bullshit"

"The Lake Liberty and Libertyville areas are both Seismically stable, meaning that it is nearly Impossible to have a naturally occurring Earthquake in that area."

"Go on"

"The reason, according to the Cosmera Oceanographic and Geological Service (COGS), is that the closest fault line is under Port Cosmera and Victoria Island, also there has not been one recorded quake in that area in over 200 years, way before we colonized it."

"WHAT are you saying? IS this some kind of terrorist act?"

"I am not saying anything, but I am not ruling it out"

"Let's talk with the Council members present"

Meanwhile, back in the Meeting room.....

"Gentlemen and ladies of the Military Council, Something disturbing has been brought to my attention by Dr. Brown. But let me stress, that as of right now this meeting and everything discussed is CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET. Dr. Brown, the floor is now yours."

"Thank you Prime Executive, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Military Council, I come here to present a horrific yet plausible cause for the earthquake that struck in Libertyville. As you open your information packets, I want to first say that according to COGS, this earthquake is 99.9% impossible in the area it struck. The 2 main reason's are 1) the closest active fault is underneath us here in Port Cosmera and also in Victoria Island and 2) There has not been a recorded seismic event in that area in over 200 years, way before colonization began"

"WHAT?!? Do you mean that it is possible that we were attacked by terrorist?" Asked Jeaneeto Mariasa, General of the Commonwealth Marine Corps.

"That is exactly what I am saying, in theory" replied Doctor Brown.

More to come soon.............
Last edited by Cosmera on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venezue
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Venezue » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:04 pm

How is your nation recovering? Do you require any more supplies?
December 1985: Venezue is founded
December 1987: Venezue overthrows Slovenian government
March 1990: Venezue invades and conquers Austria
August 1991: Venezue fails to capture the Czech Republic
May 1994: Venezue captures Slovakia
August 1997: Venezue bombs Hungary into submission
June 2009: Venezue's nationstates account is created
December 2009: The Stalinist Territories suffer invasion and nuclear meltdown
March 2010: Martilia announced the reformed territories of Venezue and allows them independence
May 2010: The Trotskyist Federation is formed
June 2010: Fascist radicals capture the government building by a military Coup
Venezue NSwiki page

Cosmera
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmera » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:09 am

Venezue wrote:How is your nation recovering? Do you require any more supplies?

The Libertyville area has been cordoned off for rebuilding. most of the damage is centered in the Nightengale (Heavily populated) section of town.

STATISTICS OF LIBERTYVILLE EARTHQUAKE:
PRE-EQ POPULATION: 32,762,000
DEATHS (CONFIRMED): 2,095,768
PERSONS MISSING: 386,890
PERSONS HOMELESS: 1.277.956
ESTIMATED DAMAGE (IN ZENTIRI): Z$349 BILLION

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents