NATION

PASSWORD

Continuing On (FT, Closed, ATTN: Xis & Alv)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Garbage Men
Envoy

Founded: Oct 05, 2006
Ex-Nation

Continuing On (FT, Closed, ATTN: Xis & Alv)

Postby The Garbage Men » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:26 pm

(OOC: This RP/Thread is in memory of Shal, the person behind the nation of Tanara as well as many others, whom recently died. All Tanarans in this RP will
The Garbage Men Headquarters - Ballroom

The ballroom was taste fully decorated with an under-stated elegance, Dominique Evanagline Alexandra Ryder, wife of the CEO and Owner of the Garbage Men and the Empress and her husband Trevor Desorté had been busy for months with the support of the Ballroom Event Planning and Co-ordination team preparing for this day. Their 10th Wedding anniversary. The 10 years seemed to fly by yet the couple still felt like newly weds, at least in part due to both of their busy work schedules which kept limited time to allow them to spend anything else but the briefest of times together. However the time that they did share was almost magical.

Invited to this grand event was a collection of Tanarans, Xiscapians and Alversians all who somehow had a relationship with Dominique and were here to celebrate the union of these two independent and influential leaders as private citizens. As well as acknowledge the hard work and sacrifice that they make not only to keep the relationship going and flourishing but for their respective positions of leadership. It wasn't easy but both Trevor and Dominique were committed to each other and their jobs in the public eye.

Also invited numerous employees of The Garbage Men corporation from Trevor's fellow board members whom saw the effort it took from Trevor to work and maintain their relationship first hand. To various Regional and Depot managers whom represent The Garbage Men to the universe at large. There were still alot of people in the ballroom but perhaps the single most important part of the room was the buffet tables and drinks. Available freely to all guests of the party, none of the food contained anything like onions or garlic as thechefs that prepared the meals and were working hard behind the scenes to keep the buffet table stocked knew very well of Trevor's allergies in that area.

Any TGM personnel that had been invited to the party had arrived the day before and settled into accomodation that been arranged for them. The Tanarans, Alversians and Xiscapians ,excluding Dominique of course, all would have to arrange alternate accomodation but with allowing for the first time non TGM-ships to stay in orbit around the The Garbage Men's Headquarters this would not be a problem.

Guests whether beemed from orbit or arrived by some other method where they are welcomed and ticked off (so to speak no actually physical ticking a check box was actually performed) from the guest register before. There were quite a few people already in the ballroom however of all those inside the most notable absences were of the guests of honor themselves, Trevor Desorté and Dominique Ryder.

The Garbage Men Headquarters - A room just nearby the Ballroom

"Here let me help you with that." Trevor Desorté smiled as he gently picked up the necklace from the bench and drapped it around Dominique's neck easily transitioning to wrapping his arms around her drawing her close into him and kissing her on the neck.

"Everyday, I still can't believed that I found a woman as amazing as you." he whispered into her ear

"and everyday, I can't believe that I found you." she turned to face him and they just gazed into each others eyes letting everything else fade from sight, still after these years they were smitten with each other.
ψ

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Ballroom...

Ambassadress Kece smiled cordially at the server as she picked up a wine glass, the rounded bottom curve balanced on two fingers wrapped around the stalk, distinctive deep purple and black robes hanging off her slight, pale frame. Soft lights glimmered in a distorted, surreal way through the amber liquid as she examined it, holding the beverage up to study it with a critical eye before letting it anywhere near her palate, fox ears twitching in response to the murmur of conversation around her. She'd never been to one of the nearly legendary Tanaran functions before, only very high ranking diplomats and officials were given permission from the Chief Ambassadress Vanadict to attend, and now she could see why. The drink was among the highest quality she'd ever seen, reinforcing its image by the excellent taste, rivaled only by the Imperial Palace's own private, expensive and very, very old cellars. The alcohol wasn't the half of it; some of the guests were wearing outfits that would have emptied entire department budgets of small nations, many of the guests themselves were people who held a great deal of (if not absolute) power over multitudes of agencies and organizations if not entire star systems, so as a result, Kece was feeling way, way out of her league.

The sad truth of the matter was that she was only here because everyone else was too occupied to attend. The Emperor's tail had been firmly nailed to the Palace as he conducted the affairs of running a state during wartime, the Empress had her full attention on the various foreign ambassadors and ambassadresses on Xiscapia, the Vanadict was going across the galaxy to some disaster area in a nation Kece had never heard of, Ambassadress Tiri was on vacation, preparing for her wedding, of all things, Ambassador Vulpe was frantically trying to keep up with the Phenian embassy on Xiscapia, Ambassador Vorn was a thousand light years away overseeing the construction of a colony, and Ambassador Enomoto was inspecting the XDC station in the Elder System, which only left her, Ambassadress Kece, lowest of the eight. It wasn't that she was incompetent, or petty, or unsuited for her work, Kece knew she had many flaws but these were not among them, it was a simple matter of experience. All of the previously mentioned officials had a great deal of diplomatic experience, often in dangerous situations, while Kece had but rarely been off Xiscapia. Obviously solution to rectify the problem of inexperience would be exposure, but too often matters were far too important and delicate to be placed in the hands of a relative novice like herself.

Still, she had to admit, there were far, far worse places she could have been sent to cut her teeth on. The anniversary celebration was warm, bright and lively, and there promised to be many chances to meet many high-placed, important people, the most obvious of these being the guests of honor themselves, Dominique Evanagline Alexandra Ryder and her consort, Trevor Desorté. Kece had never met either of them, but she'd been told by both the Vanadict and Ambassador Vorn, who had, that they were all around good people in every way, and that she shouldn't be intimidated by their wealth or status. In fact, the Ambassadress was supposed to draw up a rough draft of a business deal with Desorté, pertaining to the noxious wasteland that was now Korrillia. The planet, devastated during the Korr Wars and immediately afterward by the fierce series of civil wars that erupted between the surviving commanders, was undergoing cleansing and terraforming by various contractors and government agencies, but the project was simply too massive, they'd been working for nearly a decade and less than one percent of the surface had been cleared, never mind the subterranean damage or the ring of debris that had formed around Korrillia from the many warships destroyed there.
The Xiscapians could handle the radiation, treacherous ruins and repopulation, but who better to call on to clean up all the trash left from the wars than the Garbage Men?

Sipping more of the exquisite wine from her glass, tail twisting behind her to avoid accidentally hitting anyone with it, Kece glided away into the crowd, looking for people to get acquainted with.

OOC:

Ambassadress Kece: http://icekrystal.deviantart.com/art/quot-Reset-quot-95596815
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Alversia
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 am

Ambassador Adam Smith was slightly later to the party than his Kitsune counterpart, arriving arm in arm with his wife and former Tanaran commander of the entire military Merideth Hexx, or Merry as he liked to call her. The two arrived arm in arm, him in a fine tuxedo created by the master craftsmen of Tanara, and her in a splendid ballgown, the cloth hugging her figure relatively suggestively but still managing to look highly refined and elegent as she sweeped into the room, accompanied by her husband. The Alversian grinned in delight that he was accompanied by his wife to this occassion. Usually he was on his own when attending diplomatic meetings or functions such as this but he had been allowed by Dominique herself to bring Merideth and it caused such a warm glow in his heart to be able to link arms with her and bring her to his work, basically. If pressed, he supposed he would call the warm feeling 'pride', pride at all he had accomplished since coming to the Phoenix Empire all those years ago, pride that he had done what many Alversians could never have done. Formed an alliance with the Phoenix Empire, found and married a beautiful woman and finally found something approaching stability in his normally unstable life.

If he was given a little longer to think about what he was feeling, then the Alversian, who normally didn't look so deep inside himself, would be able to answer the question truthfully and honestly.
The emotion he felt so strongly was love.

It would be the love of his wife, the strongest love of all, accompanied by the knowledge that she was already due to bring a child into their relationship, Merry having broken the news to him just before departing for the ball. That was the strongest source of love but it was followed closely behind by the love of the nation he had come to all those years ago with the unenviable task of forming lasting bridges between his own people and these strangers. He had been far from the perfect candidate. Young, inexperienced, emotionally broken after losing everything in the SASM War which had nearly destroyed his people. He had been emotional, jaded, angry, jealous and depressed. Hardly the balancing qualities one expected from a Diplomat.

However, the Phoenix Empire had changed him with it's combination of beauty and patience. Slowly, he had confronted his demons one by one before defeating them, he had rebuilt himself into a new man, able only to look to the future while subtly learning from the mistakes of the past. He had gained experience from masters of diplomacy, always drinking in new lessons from their shadows. Needless to say, Adam Smith had grown to love the Phoenix Empire as much as he loved his own nation, if not more so. There was nothing for him there now. His life was here. His life would always be here, as would his heart. He had heard of Diplomats falling in love with assignments before, becoming so entrenched in the culture that they found it hard to imagine ever being anywhere else or doing anything else. He knew he had come here in the hope of that happening to him, so then he could forget what had happened in his lifetime and move on to a brighter tomorrow.

With Merideth and the people of the Phoenix Empire, he had found it.

He walked into the ballroom, arm in arm with his love, surveying the food that had been layed out. Quite a buffet indeed. It was a pity that he was not hungry, for some of it looked truly delicious. He could already see members of the Alversian Diplomatic mission, the younger Ambassadors or Embassy clerks who attended all such things enjoying the food enormously. He chuckled at the sight. At least they could tell him what it tasted like.
Merideth turned to Adam, handing her hands in his and looking into his eyes. As always, Adam melted at the gaze of those large, beautiful, feminine eyes.
"I'm going to get something to eat, okay Darling?" She kissed him softly. He nodded to show that he had no problem being left on his own in the middle of the ballroom. He was no longer a niave young fool. He could handle himself on that front. He watched as she floated off towards the table and sighed wistfully after her. So beautiful, so kind, so understanding and she was married to him! Sometimes he dared not believe how lucky he had been.

Eying the crowd, Adam's gaze fixed on Kecce, who he approached easily, offering a bow,
"Ambassador," he said respectfully, recognising the uniform, "allow me into introduce myself. Ambassador Adam Smith, Senior Advisor to the Alversian Embassy here." he chuckled again as he remembered that he was not actually technically the ambassador to the Phoenix Empire anymore. He had been replaced a few years ago by a younger Diplomat but his masters had agreed to his staying on as an advisor to the younger Ambassador, sharing his experience and wisdom while staying amongst his own people.
"I don't think I have seen you at one of these before," he spread an arm to signal what he meant, "I take it you are a new arrival to this sector of space?"
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:23 pm

It's always a shock to hear when someone has passed on, even when one did not know that person very well. I'd only talked to Tanara's player once or twice, but I'd been reading their threads since the move from Jolt. S/He was a good writer, and even if I didn't know them, it is always a sad loss for the world when a writer passes on.

It is the charge and duty of we who remain, to remember those who have gone before. So long as we remember, they and their legacy shall live on. I am glad to see that Shal had good friend here on NationStates to carry on their legacy.

I only hope that if my own time should come, that I too will be remembered by friends as loyal.

"Rest well, until we shall we meet again, beyond the Pale"
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:47 am

The Garbage Men Headquarters - Ballroom

The Garbage Men was a diverse corporation not only did it have fingers in a large number of related pies but it's personnel were also quite diverse. Sure human and human-like species why by and large the most populous of the species (which reflected in TGM's employment data) but there was always a wide range of unusual species from some space lizards to some strange species that really defy description. Ambassadress Kece was by no means the most unusual person in the ballroom.

There was a dull murmer as there were what seemed like hundreds of individual conversations merged into one. The Ambassadress, Adam and Merry were free to engage in whatever discussion they wished with at least some degree of privacy, despite the servers having plates of ouderves and champagne, though not actually from the champagne region of France. The champagne was for to be for a toast later on but it would take some time to properly distribute to every guest.

The Garbage Men Headquarters - A room just nearby the Ballroom

There was a knock on the door of their room, however it was just Trevor's PA Joan. "The last guests have just arrived... They want to know when you're coming in. I'll say give them a few minutes, shall I?"

"Yes, Thank you, Joan." Trevor replied "Give us a bit longer together, just the two of us." Dominique added. "Thought so, see you out in the Ballroom." Joan smiled before closing the door again
ψ

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:37 pm

OOC: She. We all share your sentiments here, MC. Rest In Peace, Shal.

IC:

"Ambassador, allow me into introduce myself. Ambassador Adam Smith, Senior Advisor to the Alversian Embassy here."

"Ambassadress Kece, it's a pleasure to meet you," Kece bowed back, smiling politely. Inside she was recovering from shock; Smith was well-known to the XDC as one of the People's Republic's top diplomats, not to mention a veteran of the SASM war and consort of Tanaran former War Mistress Merideth Hexx herself. Both beings were held in very high regard.

"I don't think I have seen you at one of these before, I take it you are a new arrival to this sector of space?"

"Yes sir," she nodded with her body in a sort of truncated bow. "This is my first time at one of these celebrations. Ambassador Vorn and Marisol would have come," she spoke of a higher ranking officer in the XDC and his Tanaran Celestial wife, "but they're on Lagash I, at the new colony the Kitsune Empire's building there." She paused, as if embarrassed to admit that she was only here because the people who should be here had previous engagements, quickly changing the subject. "How is Merideth?" the kitsune asked tentatively, uncertain if she should refer to Smith's wife by her first name, last name, or former title. Alien name rules were so confusing!

"Oh, and before a forget," she added after he finished speaking, flushing slightly, "do you know where I can find Trevor Desorté? I'm supposed to...um...talk to him."
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 am

"they're on Lagash I, at the new colony the Kitsune Empire's building there."

"That is a shame," Adam's voice carried no hint of disappointment, nor did his stance of facial expression change in the slightest, except perhaps a faint sense of amusement at the evident embarresment in his younger collegue. She evidently felt uncomfortable that she had been second choice for this diplomatic mission when in fact there was nothing to be embarressed about. He hoped she would not spend too much time dwelling on that and instead enjoy the wonderful hospitality that these receptions offered.

"I have not spoken to Vorn in some time..." he trailed off, deep in thought for a moment, before smiling at the kitsune again to show that his wish to speak to Vorn was not really a concern of hers, "but it can easily wait until he returns or I get to a phone."

"How is Merideth?"

Adam chuckled, seeming to sense of the Being's confusion. In truth, Merideth hated being called Warmistress Hexx. Or indeed, former Warmistress Hexx as she was now. She much preferred to be called by her first name, especially by people she trusted and he was sure she could trust Kece,
"She's in marvellous shape, thank you for asking," he smiled as he thought of his wife, "she's two months pregnant you know, a boy. I don't think she's broken the news to Dominique yet." Another chuckle, that would surely be quite an occasion when the Empress found out that her best friend was expecting. Then again, it caused strong feelings of both excitement and pride in himself too. He was so looking forward to having a son.

"I think Trevor will be one of the backrooms with the Empress," the Alversian frowned, thinking, "I reckon he'll be coming out soon anyway. I'm sure you can speak to him then," another warm smile, "how are you enjoying yourself so far?" he asked.
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:02 am

Trevor and Dominique were still performing the last few preperations and have few last moments with themselves before entering the ballroom and being in such demand from all the people within there, but soon that time came to an end and it was time for both Trevor and Dominique to make their appearance together.

A small dias was set up in the middle of the ballroom, Joan, Trevor's personal assistant got up on the dias and spoke. "In a few minutes, our guests honor will be arriving. Dominique Ryder, Empress of the Pheonix Empire of Tanara and Trevor Desorté, CEO and Owner of the Garbage Men." At this point a few already drunk employees of TGM hooted and hollared at the mention of Trevor Desorté.

"I would like to offer a toast to the happily married couple as they arrive." Joan continued ignoreing the distraction as those that made the interjection would suddenly find their alcohol supply cut off. "So if you do not have a glass of champagne, orange juice or some other appropriate analog please do so now so that you could join with me in this toast to wish them all the best for many more years of happiness together."

Most already had their drinks but some people needed to top up, however there was something most perculiar. Just to the right behind the Kitsune Ambassadoress there was a woman that he suddenly noticed before moments later she vanished as someone walked infront of her. She was looking directly at him yet she didn't seem familiar in the slightest it all happened so fast. She was there one second gone the next... he move a single bit... she was there and then she was gone. He neither saw her coming or going she was just there and then not.

Soon later, barely a minute and the doors opened and Trevor and Dominique arrived. "To officially start the proceedings, a toast... " She paused for a moment and then continued "May you find complete happyiness and joy in each others arms; may you complete each other in spirit and soul and may you be there for each other in ways only a partner could be. To Dominique and Trevor!" She raised her glass and took a sip of champagne.

"Now, if Trevor and Dominique would like to come up here and say a few words then afterwards the crowd awaits." The couple started walking towards the dias as those in the way started to part for the couple so that they could make it to the dias with little trouble. Dominique looked stunning, according to Trevor she always does, and Trevor seemed the epitome of elegance, there is only so much you can do with a tux but Trevor seemed to add something extra to the mix. It was hard to pinpoint but whatever it was it made a big difference.

Trevor started to address those assembled as a group "Thank you everyone for coming, these last 10 years have been great. I'm still in awe at my beauifully radiant wife, I could find no one like her, she's everything to me and she's perfect at least in my eyes. The times that we have spent together have meant everything to me and have made the times where we have not bearable. All I have left to say is that the people of Tanara are lucky to have this amazing woman as their empress."

It was Dominique's turn "I'd like to add my own thanks for coming, and yes these last 10 years have been great. Trevor thinks I'm perfect, but I know he is and everyday I bless the moment we first met. He has become the most important man in my life even seperated us because of our dedication to our people I knew that it was only for a short while and he'd be waiting for me. So thank you employees of The Garbage Men for letting me steal away your CEO."

Both of the statements by Trevor and Dominique were well received by the TGM employees and the Tanarans. It was time for Joan to take back over.

"And that's the formal part of the evening over, please enjoy yourselves and don't forget to mingle."

That was it, just a toast and a couple of short speeches by the couple, they didn't really want to unnecessarily drag things out after all. This was a celebration.
Last edited by The Garbage Men on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ψ

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:33 pm

"she's two months pregnant you know, a boy. I don't think she's broken the news to Dominique yet."

Kece's eyes widened, ears perking as her tail flicked from side to side in agitation. "She's pregnant?" the kitsune said in surprise, before immediately coloring, knowing she should have been aware of this piece of information. The Ambassadress stole a glance at Meredith, noting that she had not gained any telltale weight that would indicate life growing inside of her; but then, at only two months, the woman would not yet bear any immediately visible signs of pregnancy. Kece knew that human babies required nine months to develop, three less than kitsune; even so, Meredith had a long way to go. Based on what she had read about the War Mistress, Kece knew she would take it in stride.

"Well, congratulations!" she grinned, raising her glass in a miniature toast. "And good fortune."

"how are you enjoying yourself so far?"

"Very, um, well, thank you," Kece smiled, but the conversation was cut short by Joan as she made her announcement. Kece couldn't help but smirk at the antics of Trevor's employees, clearly they were having a good time, though she had a feeling it would soon be cut short for those wags. Scanning the dais, Kece noticed Joan seemed to be staring into the crowd...it looked like she was staring at her. The kitsune's eyes went wide again and she wished for a mirror, was there something wrong with her appearance? She patted her robes, feeling the silky feel of the fabric against her hands; it didn't seem like anything was "indecently" hanging out, as she knew sometimes happened to lower level Xiscapian officials who wore their robes a little too loose and forgot that they were no longer in the Kitsune Empire where such displays were allowed. Frowning, she turned around, maybe Trevor's assistant was looking at someone behind her. Alas, there was no one closer than three meters, so the Ambassadress shrugged and chalked it up to daydreaming on Joan's part. She'd no doubt been quite busy recently, the poor woman probably needed a rest.

"To Dominique and Trevor!"

"To Dominique and Trevor!" Kece dutifully echoed along with the rest of the hall, raising her glass before taking another sip from it. That wasn't so bad, she thought to herself as the happy couple made their short speeches. Their words were typical for the personalities of both humans, humble but proud, concise but meaningful. She found herself studying them both, Trevor gaining more of her attention than Dominique. Not that she felt the woman inconsequential -she was the Empress of the Phoenix Empire, for Qonn's sake!- but Kece knew less about the Tanaran's consort than she did about her, and he was the one she was supposed to propose the deal to, after all. As Joan took to the podium once again and declared the formal portion of the evening over Kece resolved to get to Trevor before he could be swept away by one group or another.

"Excuse me," Kece said politely to Adam with a little bow, "I must see..." Again she was at a loss. Calling him Desorté felt impersonal, but calling a man she'd never met by his first name seemed a little too personal, and she wasn't about to call him "the Chief Executive Officer of The Garbage Men Corporation. "...Dominique's husband," Kece finished lamely, departing with a curl of the tail and a flap of her robes.

Threading her way through the crowd, Kece kept her eye on Trevor as she walked, hoping he didn't suddenly change direction or get engaged in a conversation before she could intercept him. Taking another drink to steel her nerves, this one rather deeper than before, Kece stepped around the last group of people and approached Trevor.

"Greetings, er, congratulations, on your tenth anniversary, I'm Ambassadress Kece, of the Kitsune Empire," Kece managed, already starting to feel herself blush. "Um...do you have a moment?"
Last edited by Xiscapia on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:17 pm

(OOC: Xiscapia's bit ... )
They were the guests of honour at a wedding anniversary celebration, of course people wanted to talk to them. While Kece made her way to them they engaged in numerous short small talk conversations all following the same pattern.

Well-wisher: Congratulations, 10 years. I wish you all the best for the next 10 years/life/eternity
Dominique: Thank you *smile*
Trevor: We appreciate it.
Well-wisher: You're welcome.
Dominique/Trevor: Enjoy the celebrations.

To be honest it was a drag but it was part of their positions and both them knew it's true importance. However the appearance of Ambassadoress Kece gave them a brief respite. The traditional kitsune ambassadorial garb was hard to miss, and the only kitsune Ambassador that would be in attendence (male or female) was Ambassadoress Kece.

Kece shouldn't have been worried about indecency, The Garbage Men employees by their very nature dealt with waste and rubbish and some of the worse products of life, nudity within TGM is not something that inherintly has the same connotations or social faux pas in other places, though to turn up to an event like this naked would be considered dis-repectful where in more general circumstances it would not.

"Thank you, Ambassadoress. It is a pleasure to meet you, and of course, I've got a few moments to speak with you." Trevor gave a bow, one as appropriate for receiving an Ambassador within the Kitsune culture "and it's good to finally meet you too."* Dominique.

"Don't worry about me, I'm not a monster, no matter what you might of heard." Trevor spoke a sly smile appearing on his face as he tried to joke with Kece and try to alleviate some of the understandable yet unwarranted anxiety that Kece might have. Dominique herself made a small chuckle at the joke before Trevor continued "Oh, and please call me Trevor. What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

Dominique and Trevor had their arms entwined around as if to confirm to each other, yes, we're really physically here together a luxury that had been far too infrequent for Trevor or Dominique. She was going to be there while her husband and Kece talked shop.

*Assuming, of course, that Dominique hasn't met Kece before
ψ

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:21 am

"Thank you, thank you," Kece said hurriedly, bowing again to the couple, clearly flustered. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Your Majesty, Mr. Desorté."

"Don't worry about me, I'm not a monster, no matter what you might of heard."

Kece managed a weak smile at the joke, laughing a little. The man sort of reminded her of Emperor Rose, with his self-deprecating humor.

"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

"The Kitsune Empire wants to contract The Garbage Men Corporation for a job," Kece began, settling in a little, relieved to get down to business where she had some idea of what she was talking about. "Even after years of cleaning and terraforming, the world of Korrillia is still full of, well, garbage. If you will permit me," her hand dipped inside her robes and upon a nod of confirmation she pulled out a small holographic datapad device. A large planet, several times the size of Terra, appeared, most of the surface a dead gray color with a small bit near the northern pole a verdant green. The world was labelled Korrillia.

"We've had several contractors, both Xiscapian and foreign, come in to help make the planet beautiful and inhabitable again," Kece explained. "In those years, they've cleaned approximetly two percent of the total surface. A few of the contractors went backrupt or were forced to break their contracts for one reason or another, but after their time was up most simply never came back. It's too big a job, nothing like this has ever been undertaken in the Kitsune Empire before and the planet still holds many painful memories, for Korr and Xiscapians alike...and that's not to mention that most of the world is still dangerous and inhospitable. The Emperor has made it a major issue to make the planet useful again, so one of my objectives here is to see if TGMC would be interested in taking on the job." She finally gave a real smile. "The other objective being to have a good time, of course."
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:05 pm

He just wanted to laugh, he wanted to tilt back his head and just let it boom out. His Majesty indeed. He wasn't a King, an emperor or any other form of title which was usually addressed in that way. He however managed to hide it well in a smile and with a nod in acceptance of the additional and unnecessary bow that she gave. It was obvious to anyone that looked at her that she was flustered and/or nervous and Trevor didn't want to add to her worries.

Soon however she got down to business and that brought a shift in gear, she was obviously much more comfortable dealing with the facts than she was with the finer arts of diplomacy. "Not many organisations have experience with cleaning up on such a scale." Trevor slightly nodded in agreement that many traditional or local organisations simply wouldn't have the experience or the resources to do a job of this magnitude. "We, however, do have the right tools, experience and resources for such a job on this scale and I'm happy to provide TGM's services to aid this goal. I'll get Joan to organise a meeting and get a few of our sales people to Xiscapia to get appropriate details and hammer out the finer points of a contract, and of course I'll tell them to go easy on the price." Trevor added a nod with a bit of sly smile for the Ambassadoress before turning back to his wife. "Once it's properly cleaned Korrillia looks like it would be quite a pleasant place, perhaps after the jobs complete we could visit and take a look first hand? Of course if the Xiscapians allow." Dominique smiled back at Trevor, "I would enjoy that... let's hope it's not like our honeymoon." Trevor chortled slightly before they both looked at Kece to see what she would say about this proposal.
ψ

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 pm

"We, however, do have the right tools, experience and resources for such a job on this scale and I'm happy to provide TGM's services to aid this goal..."[ect.]

"Oh, good," Kece seemed immediately relieved, as though fearing her proposal would be rejected. Korrillia had always been somewhat of a thorn in the Emperor's side, from the end of the war until now, the planet itself was salvageable, though deprived of most natural resources, and of course the Korr wanted it back. That wasn't to mention how much room it would give the Kitsune Empire's population to expand, and of course there was plenty of renewable resources, like crops, that could be gained from using the world. The result was that it had weighed heavily on the Ambassadress ever since she had received it, and she knew she would not be able to enjoy the party at all until she had presented it and gained approval. She felt that responsibility lift from her shoulders now.

"Once it's properly cleaned Korrillia looks like it would be quite a pleasant place, perhaps after the jobs complete we could visit and take a look first hand? Of course if the Xiscapians allow."

"Oh, of course," Kece nodded, smiling. "Once Korrillia becomes livable again we will open it to all; the Emperor plans on making it into a free trade zone. I'm sure the Kitsune Empire will treat both of you very well."

"I would enjoy that... let's hope it's not like our honeymoon."

Kece blushed. "Oh my," her tail flicked from side to side, "well, uh, I'm sure no expense would be spared. You are both held in very high regard in Xiscapia."
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:30 pm

“No need to go to any particular hassle, just somewhere private will be great.” Trevor responded. He looked over at Dominique. They had to feel sorry for Kece, really she hadn't done her homework (if she had she would of known it was certainly doable) and that she just seemed to have a lack of self confidence.

Trevor pondered there were a few tips he wanted to give Kece, tips that he wouldn't give just anyone, but as an acknowledgement to Xiscapia and the friendship that he and Dominique over recent years had enjoyed... but the question was how to approach the topic in a tactful manner.

“Would you like to know some of the insights I've gained about Diplomacy from this job?” he asked casually being very non-confrontational almost as if what he was about to say was merely and aside. Dominique picking up the opportunity for allowing a walk and talk so that they would be able discuss this while moving asked “Have you seen Adam and Meredith?” Dominique pipped up “I would certainly like to catch up with them, you can talk on the way.”

He would talk about 2 main issues, first research knowing who's turning up, what they are what they are responsible for and what can be done through that person, and ending up on self-confidence. Recognising that if you aren't that self-confident, the need to at least make it look like you are. That you can pretend to have confidence in your role and what you are saying, most of diplomacy is presenting what you must present over the truth of the matter.
ψ

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:42 am

“Would you like to know some of the insights I've gained about Diplomacy from this job?”

"Of course," Kece nodded eagerly, blinking as she turned to answer Dominique. "Yes, they're right over there," she pointed to the couple, and so the group began to make their way towards the Alversian and his Tanaran consort. As they walked Kece listened closely to what Trevor had to say, she knew she would be a fool not to, but even so she interrupted him before he was finished, flushing but surging ahead anyway. "I did do research on the people who were going to be here," the Ambassadress protested, seeming taken aback. "I just wasn't sure if your company would be in a position to accept the contract at this time. It is a big job, after all. There's always an element of uncertainty with these things, and I just...wasn't sure..." she trailed off as he began to talk about self-confidence.

"The Vanadict told me that self-confidence is something you gain with experience," Kece said quietly. "I know I lack it, because I'm the lowest ranked and the newest Ambassadress and the universe seems like a very intimidating place. It's hard for me to put on a facade, I always thought truth was what diplomacy needed most, if we could all just be honest with each other maybe there'd be less wars...or maybe there'd be more...I don't know," her tail wiggled in agitation as she struggled, "I'm just trying to do what I think is right. There's so much I still don't know."
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:57 pm

"True, you can never presume you will get the answer you want. You cannot control other people and you can only control yourself, As a diplomat you are representing something else, while you may be insecure, Xiscapia is not, while you may be unsure of your abilities, Xiscapia is not. You're here aren't you? Just keep on top of your nerves and you'll be fine."

Through the croud Dominique saw Adam and Merry, and immediately she rushed ahead of the others to catch up with her friends it had been far too long. "Merry, Adam, It's great to see you. It's been too long since I last saw you, months ago." She hugged both of them before she started pressing them for details about what's happened since they last met up.

Trevor continued slowly on his way allowing his wife just a bit of time 'alone' with her old friends before catching up but it wasn't long before he caught up with her and gave his own welcome and hug, not as enthusiastic but genuinely pleased and happy that they were there.
ψ

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 pm

*bump*
ψ

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:51 am

Adam turned in time to see Dominique and Merideth engage in a crushing hug strong enough to crush even the strongest man's bones. She allowed the old friends their few seconds of delighted chatter before the Empress turned her attention to Adam. The Ambassador took her hug warmly, returning the affection of an old friend in equal measures, delighted to see her again after so many months apart. She had been a good friend to him during his stay in the Star Empire and he owed much of his joy of this nation to her and her warm, charming personality. Certainly, no day would ever be dampened by her presence.

Adam turned in time to see Trevor tailing behind his wife, his enthusiasm more in check. Adam smiled in recognition and gave his own friendly hug,
"Trevor, it's been too long. How have you been keeping?" He decided that Merideth and Dominique, left unchecked, would be able to fill this event with more than enough conversation to keep them happy. He had no idea what they talked about or even how they managed to spend hours talking of it. Regardless, he was pleased to see Trevor and talking to him was no chore at all.
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:38 pm

"Rather well, nothing as exciting as 10 years ago but that is by no means a bad thing, we're officially in negotiations with the Xiscapians to clean up Korrillia but most important of all is my lovely wife, the fact that she is able to put up with me still after 10 years is Miracle." He smiles that smile of his after a self-depricatory joke, it's become a game between the two of them who could the other on a pedestal and humble themselves. Dominique had to add a quip of her own, she couldn't let it go unanswered and she for a moment broke away from her conversation with Merry to say ... "Don't let this man fool you, He's the one that truly is quiet amazing." They shared sideways glances with each other for a moment before Domique continued exactly where she left off with Merry

"I hear things have been treating you well also, How has it being with such a formidable woman?"
ψ

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:28 am

Adam chuckled at the banter between Dominique and Trevor, allowing them to converse before she returned to her conversation with Merideth. He knew how they got on together and it always amused him to see them playfully contradicting each other. He and Merideth were not quite so...willing to cross each other in this manner, but it was an affectionate relationship nonetheless.
"She may have been unstoppable in battle, my dear Trevor," Adam chuckled, "but when in the midst of family and friends she is as warm as any wife or companion could be." He nodded in understanding though, when he heard of the Xiscapian proposals that had been laid out to Trevor's company. He approved any effort made to turn Korrilla back into a productive land, aware of the losses that had been sustained by both his own people and more so the Xiscapians over so many centuries,
"It should be a profitable venture for your company Trevor, Korilla is indeed a wasteland and it would not be an insignificant job, I should think."
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

The Garbage Men
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Garbage Men » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

"Most certainly even the fiercest and most ferocious of warriors on the battlefield will eventually come home and become fathers, mothers, husbands and wives." He was happy for Adam and Meredith, sure they didn't have the banter, the romantic putting the other partner on the pedestal, but that was great each couple was different each culture was different but he could tell the marriage was real and meaningful to both of them, they obviously did mean alot to each other and that they wanted to be one with each other. That was something that he was missing with Dominique, they both had busy and demanding positions which meant their time together was severely limited, but the concept of either one leaving their own positions was not even discussed as they both knew the importance of the position and just what it means for their partner so that was always a non-starter. Then they always knew that one day Dominique would be replaced as Empress it was a day that both were counting down to. The day that Dominique was no longer the Empress of the Phoenix Empire was the day they could finally be properly together.

Trevor nodded along with Adam about Korilla, "A large but profitable job, as well not forget the PR angle this is exactly the type of thing that says that we, the corporation that is, can do so much more for a potential client than any local operation as well as diplomatic good will and a living breathing advertisement to the work things that can mean a lot more jobs and profits in the future which just can't be ignored." This was another diplomatic lesson that Kece would need to learn that people will do things not because you beg or plead but because it benefits them or those they represent, if you want people to do something for you you have to make it worth their while, luckily this is already systematized being a corporation providing services for money/goods.

Trevor paused for a moment as he saw something behind Adam that distracted him for a moment.
ψ

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents