NATION

PASSWORD

Isolation Meltdown (Sunalaya Members Only///OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:43 pm

This is the OOC thread for Isolation Meltdown.

Please use this for any relevant OOC discussions.

In summation, this RP will begin at the event of a terror attack on POD soil and will show the reactions of the international community and the responses of the few foreigners touring within The Dictatorship.

What international relationships will be built?
What international relationships will be destroyed?
What organizations and plots will be uncovered?

We shall see.

Ermenrich City, Losr
0632 Hours

With a population of 535,000 people and an area of just under two thousand square miles Ermenrich was a smaller and mostly insignificant city within The Dictatorship. Were it not for the Gorman Superior Energy nuclear power plant the city was built near, the city would not have grown to its current size so quickly as it did. And though today seemed to be a rather ordinary day for this city, a single action that would occur at this time (in this city) would bring The Dictatorship out of its recently isolated period.

Reactor Seven, Gorman Superior Energy Nuclear Fission Site, Ermenrich City, Losr
0630 Hours

Several men, wearing their everyday work attire, walked through the security gate at Reactor Seven, each checking in as they went. Each man carried a brief case and a Geiger Counter, as they have every workday for the past two years. each man went to their posts as though everything was normal.

Reactor Seven, Gorman Superior Energy Nuclear Fission Site, Ermenrich City, Losr
0631 Hours

Three of the for men working at Reactor Seven approached the reactor's containment chamber and set down their respective briefcases. Seeing this, the two floor guards drew their weapons and moved to confront the men. When one brought to bare what appeared to be a Geiger Counter and activated it; the three briefcases detonated. The three separate twenty pound C4 charges opened a hole in the chamber wall and killed those present. Immediately after this happened, five more of these briefcase charges detonated at various locations within the reactor, one of which was located within the reactor's primary control room while another was located within the reactor's emergency control room...

Ermenrich City, Losr
0632 Hours

As the primary source of power for the city was cut off, the majority of the city's generators were brought to life and traffic gridlock occurred at every major intersection as people drove to work. As they became increasingly louder, the warning sirens from the Gorman Superior Energy nuclear power plant became loud enough that everyone within a twenty mile radius could hear them.

After less than a minute every local television station and radio station was interrupted by the same emergency broadcast, which was also broadcast through the city's emergency loud speakers. These broadcasts would repeat until the situation was resolved...

NATIONAL DEFENSE ALERT SYSTEM

ERMENRICH CITY LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT
HAS ISSUED A

NUCLEAR POWER PLANT WARNING

Ermenrich City Local Law Enforcement Has Issued A *** Nuclear Power Plant Warning *** For The Following Area(s): Ermenrich City
Effective Until: ***Further Notice***

The Announcement Message:

The following message is being transmitted at the request of the Ermenrich City Local Law Enforcement. A site emergency has been issued at the Gorman Superior Energy nuclear power plant in Ermenrich City, Losr. A breakdown in safety systems has the potential to cause a large release of radioactive materials into the air. This may affect residents nearby the Gorman Superior Energy nuclear power plant. All individuals residing within the following protective action zones are required to evacuate immediately; one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen. In order to evacuate in an effective manner, Ermenrich City Local Law Enforcement has requested that all residents follow your protective action zone's designated evacuation routes, other roads can be used to get to these locations. Local Law Enforcement Officers will direct traffic along these routes until you are safely out of the danger area.

If you do not have a location of safe shelter, go to one of the following locations. If you are traveling north, go to Shelter Echo Charlie Three. If you are traveling west, go to Shelter Echo Charlie Two. If you are traveling southwest, go to Shelter Echo Charlie One. Pets will not be allowed in shelters. If you are going to one of the shelter locations, do not bring them with you. If you have children currently in school, do not pick them up at the school. All schools will be transporting students and faculty to the nearest shelter, where you can pick them up. If you do not have vehicle transportation, report to the nearest collection point specified by Local Law Enforcement. From there you will be transported to the nearest shelter. If you are disabled and require assistance, call the Local Law Enforcement for assistance.

All individuals residing within the following protective action zones are required to evacuate immediately; one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.

Listen to local media outlets for more information.

As the message repeated itself time and time again, people evacuated, swarming outward like wasps from a nest hit with a stone. Everyone travelling to either a shelter or to the home of a family member residing in another area.

TERRORISTS CARRY OUT ATTACK ON NUCLEAR POWER STATION

~P.O.D. International Broadcasting

Less than ten hours ago, more than five hundred thousand people were evacuated from Ermenrich City in the community of Losr when Reactor Seven of the Gorman Superior Energy's Nuclear Fission Site was attacked by a group of terrorists. At least two hundred persons have been reported missing in the aftermath of the attack.

This terror attack is being reported as the most devastating terror attack to ever occur on POD soil, bringing down just over one third of Losr's power grid, displacing hundreds of thousands of people, and placing tremendous strain on the nation's economy. As Fire Prevention And Control units work to seal off the reactor, Intelligence agents are working to uncover just what group was responsible for this well thought out attack, though most fingers are pointing to the ever elusive Bannerless Brotherhood. Without any conclusive evidence, the General Staff has ordered the nations military up to Defensive Condition Three. Along with these orders, General Deviks has ordered the immediate deportation of all foreigners within the nation's borders.

General Devik's addressed the world with the following statement:

"People of the world, I request your attention. For far too long have we, The Dictatorship only assisted our allies against these terrorists. Today, as many of you may be aware, we were torn from our slumber by this single act. For the protection of all peoples, The Dictatorship will be waging total war against all organizations of terror. Should your nation be a haven of the organizations we will invade. Should your government support these terrorist organizations, we will replace your government. Should your nation resist our actions in this fight, we will destroy you. And finally, should you fight these terrorists, we will support you, we will fight alongside you, and we will reward you. That is all."

!!!THIS IS AN ADVISORY INTERNATIONAL ALERT!!!

Here you will post as your respective nation as well as, if you so desire, one or more tourists from your nation to The Dictatorship.

While it is necessary for the nations to RP in this as their nations, the tourist situation is simply an additional option.

No application is required to enter the RP.

The following application should be used for each individual tourist:

Code: Select all
[b][u]Nationality:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Brief Physical Description:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Official Reason For Visiting The Dictatorship:[/u][/b]

All tourists that enter the nation are to be offered a sidearm, for a price usually covered in the travel plan, for personnel protection. The tourist is not under any obligation to take the weapon. The weapon must be returned before the tourist leaves, if not returned, the tourist and known associates will never again be permitted to enter the country.

All tourists that claim to be homosexuals are to be immediately deported by counter terrorism (S.T.A.R.) agents.

Minimum requirements for tourists/travelers are as follows: tourists and travelers must have the necessary permissions of their home country's legal system, the tourist/traveler must have a passport plus four other confirming photographic identifications that contain a minimal of Date of Birth and brief physical description as well as height, all documents must have been up-to-date by the beginning of the year, tourist/traveler must have a filed travel plan at least one month in advance, tourist/traveler must have a written and signed document stating their purpose/reason for their visit, tourist/traveler would be checked for ANY past criminal activities, tourist/traveler would have a background check consisting of the past ten years, tourist's/traveler's past travel history would be checked and/or brought into direct question, tourist/traveler would submit to full luggage check + X-ray + drug test + pat-down + 3-D metal detector screening, and finally tourist/traveler would be asked to sign a written statement declaring that they have read and will abide by the laws of The Dictatorship that apply to tourists and touring activities.

IC Link
Last edited by The Dictatorship POD on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Defensive Condition
Current Def-con level: Def-Con 0
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Tag
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:49 pm

tag.
I am wondering as to whether it is needed to have tourists. Would it be alright to have both nation's people and governments in on this? especially if it is a terror threat and well, national relations are built and destroyed on the backs of governments, not tourists
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Rhodevus wrote:tag.
I am wondering as to whether it is needed to have tourists. Would it be alright to have both nation's people and governments in on this? especially if it is a terror threat and well, national relations are built and destroyed on the backs of governments, not tourists

While it is necessary for the nations to RP in this as their nations, the tourist situation is simply an additional option.

For this matter, one may RP with an unnumbered amount of tourists, however ill advised, but one must RP as their nation.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:03 pm

The Dictatorship POD wrote:
Rhodevus wrote:tag.

For this matter, one may RP with an unnumbered amount of tourists, however ill advised, but one must RP as their nation.

ah, okay then. Thank you for clearing that up for me.
She/Her
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook

The Dictatorship POD
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship POD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

I apologize for the lack of clarity.
Defensive Condition
Apply for embassies here
EFEC member.
Allies

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Rhodevus wrote:

I apologize for the lack of clarity.

no worries at all.
She/Her

Factbook

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:23 pm

I find it very hard to believe a Rezuan would ever visit POD.

I think I'll just RP about how my nation is trying to stop the meltdown
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Minarchismusland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Minarchismusland » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:49 am

Nationality: Minarchi
Brief Physical Description: Short cut blonde hair, white skin, amber eyes
Official Reason For Visiting The Dictatorship: WIP
Last edited by Minarchismusland on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian - Classical Liberal - INFP - Atheist

Minarchismusland's IIwiki page - Confidential OOC info - Political Compass

Inspired by: Switzerland, Germany, Argentina, Chile

Puppets: Brazziliania and Jojiania

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 pm

I'll be joining as my government. As for the tourist situation, I don't know if I'll have the time to do so but I will consider it.
Visit Sunalaya!

Romaleus
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Romaleus » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Tag

Das-husland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Das-husland » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Using this to introduce my nation into Sunalaya.
There's no greater force to make someone lie than the threat of punishment for having told the truth - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Wars Won
Nationstates Cold War
DSE Civil War
Gulf Empire invasion of South Rothinzil
United Territories of North America Luremurg Rebellion

Wars Lost
DSE nuclear Intervention.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents