NATION

PASSWORD

Operation Chromium: Tears in the Rain (MT, OOC, Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Operation Chromium: Tears in the Rain (MT, OOC, Closed)

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:37 pm

This is the OOC for the sequel to Rebellious Citadel.

If you were in RC or in PW, you're welcome here. If you weren't in one of those, but you know me, TG me and I might let you in.

I haven't got rules or an app listed here, because I think I don't need those for you all (and I'm lazy). Ask if you have questions.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:22 pm

Tagging.

Time to show how to go nearly-nuclear without killing the whole world, I guess... I mean.. that's what my forces kinda do.

For those who missed it, Mon's relevant post is in the bar and grill thread.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:17 am

Time for...you know what
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:23 am

Monfrox wrote:Time for...you know what

Ready, aim, fire?

Pretty sure Mon did their homework OOCly at what Alexi does best.

Do you want your copper-coated candy in 23mm, 12.7mm, or 6.5mm?

Oh, right, and 7.62mm, nearly forgot about that one.
Huh, WW2 era B-30 will penetrate a BRDM-2 at 800 meters.

in b4 TFA officially becomes the story of Overwatch
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:42 am

Closed tags scare me, don't do that Cong.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:Closed tags scare me, don't do that Cong.

I'm tempted to say anyone from TFA is welcome to shitpost.

But that'd mean I'd get hit with a nightstick.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:

I'm tempted to say anyone from TFA is welcome to shitpost.

But that'd mean I'd get hit with a nightstick.

Can I post Wheatley trying to contact your country to offer assistance?

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Seeing as this is unavailable to all but, like, 30 of the hundreds of thousands of nations, I feel no guilt in tagging it "closed" in the title and explaining that means "closed to non-TFA" on the OP.

Either way, glad to have you here.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 am

I wasn't really in the end of RC, so I don't have much for an intro, sorry.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:45 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:I wasn't really in the end of RC, so I don't have much for an intro, sorry.

Nah, it's fine.

My intel departments are pretty good, though. I think I'm probably tracking about half of your agents in my nation; does that sound about right to you?

Links:

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I wasn't really in the end of RC, so I don't have much for an intro, sorry.

Nah, it's fine.

My intel departments are pretty good, though. I think I'm probably tracking about half of your agents in my nation; does that sound about right to you?

Probably half the established ones, the new ones would take you a while to notice most likely, simply because of 1. My intel department's work and 2. The sheer percentage of my population that tends to travel to allied countries. That sound fine?

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:10 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:Nah, it's fine.

Probably half the established ones, the new ones would take you a while to notice most likely, simply because of 1. My intel department's work and 2. The sheer percentage of my population that tends to travel to allied countries. That sound fine?

Yeah, unless your agents do anything to stick out, that sounds reasonable.

Links:

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 pm

I just realized my characters in this RP pre-date Metal Gear Solid III: Subsistance.
-My country pre-dates the crab-battle meme.
-Starcraft: Ghost actually looked like a decent game.

And a lil thing called Jericho.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Reminding self to respond to Game with something along the lines of:

"Stay away from Cong's ABM missile silos unless you like being in the center of a mushroom cloud"

And a reminder that everyone is 90% sure Nexus is totes gonna be able to decypher and read that within an hour.
-Munchie, you trained us well <--- Non spoilery, totes safe for Cong to read.

Not sure if the class would fry the hive-mind of Nexus or not.

Game, I'm going to need you to work on our landing-strategy.
-Sips coffee
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014

Postby Anowa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:17 pm

It appears as if the 'bois' are back in town so to speak.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Reminding self to respond to Game with something along the lines of:

"Stay away from Cong's ABM missile silos unless you like being in the center of a mushroom cloud"

And a reminder that everyone is 90% sure Nexus is totes gonna be able to decypher and read that within an hour.
-Munchie, you trained us well <--- Non spoilery, totes safe for Cong to read.

Not sure if the class would fry the hive-mind of Nexus or not.

Game, I'm going to need you to work on our landing-strategy.
-Sips coffee

:?:
Ooooo...kay?
I can post as soon as I get an IC response from you.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Things not being RPed for spoilery-reasons:

Wheatly discussing possible tactical errors with Nexus
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Bumping with a glimpse into the mindscape that is Hurty

Twist. Twist.
Twist-boom-boom,
Twist-boom-twist-boom-twist-boom-twist.

For those who didn't notice, there's, like, 3 themes to this RP.
Theme 2

Theme 3

Checks to see if Cong should be worried about seeing any terminator-maids of death in this RP.

*glares*

You got lucky.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:02 am

Going full meta gear.

Dat NY skyline FTW.

I'm tempted to write a TL;DR entry on my nation's alternate history spanning from when New Guinea was a German colony (infl. names of various cities), through both world-wars, Nationalist Chinese defeat of the Japanese imperial navy, their subsequent exile, and generally how all that influenced the local culture and technology.

But ultimately that would start to look like the intro of Watchmen once I start cramming in my history with interdimensional portal exploration, space exploration, and warring/exterminating/exploiting/befriending sapient hominids... oh, and metal gear.

And this is totally ignoring the eugenics-program of '05.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:"Lady, your partial loss of memory and these wires say otherwise, you were most definately somone's prized fighting puppet, but for simplicity, I call you a weapon, a tool."

Kratna X2 wrote:((ooc: :shock: you SHOT Becket... and trashed his Griffin... you heartless bastard ok think fast... i'm out numbered and posably out gunned... uhhh... uhhh... shit...))
Hurtful Thoughts wrote:He then tried to help Kayora to her feet, upon entering the ship, he noted the pilot, pointed to the wires at the back of his neck, and gave another 'puppeteer' imitation.

"Gibbs, have the others give covering fire, were going home... Not exactly in the friendliest of hands, but at least relatively benevolent ones. Does this thing have anti-aircraft weapons?"

Kayora never had a chance to respond to the new mans offer as she was suddenly picked up and lead to the strange flying thing that had appeared and hauled inside. she also noticed the "wires" coming out of the other mans neck and caught Medics pantomiming of a puppeteer before she was layed down on her back the "wires" attached there making that very uncomfortable.

Kayora thought she was people.

Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents