NATION

PASSWORD

International Association of Slave Exporting Nations-(IASEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rumbria
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumbria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:12 pm

We are not a slave exporting nation at all, I never alleged such. We are a slave importing nation.

I simply suggested that several members of this group may wish to take up a pro-slavery mantle at the conference which shall be held
So goddamned leet: Rumbria is ranked 6th in the region and 1,337th in the world for Most Godforsaken.
Incomplete National Factbook

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Rumbria wrote:We are not a slave exporting nation at all, I never alleged such. We are a slave importing nation.

I simply suggested that several members of this group may wish to take up a pro-slavery mantle at the conference which shall be held

I didn't mean to imply that you had but legitimate reasons for becoming involved seem rather few.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Rumbria
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Rumbria » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 pm

The legitimate reasons include the fact that as a slave importing nation my country no doubt contributes a significant amount to the economies of slave importing nations. Considering the abolishment of penal slavery is one step closer to a ban on all slavery.
So goddamned leet: Rumbria is ranked 6th in the region and 1,337th in the world for Most Godforsaken.
Incomplete National Factbook

Teccor
Minister

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teccor » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Unilisia wrote:Arguing, stop.

Agreed. Also:

[imput generic condemnation here]

OOC: I'm really, really tired of typing out full diplomatic missives to these shit-hole alliances and organizations. I'm close to just copy-pasting the same generic one to all of them. I have also yet to see an alliance of Democratic, Libertarian, Pro-Human Rights Republics. I guess it's because those nations are boring.
"The modern definition of "racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a liberal leftist." -Peter Brimelow
Important People
Minister of Commerce: Alexander Ferinzei
Minister of International Affairs: Mayumi Thyme
Minister of Internal Affairs: Desmond Vito
Minister of Defence: Martin Langfield
Wars
Shataristani War (Treaty Reached)
WarLev
Peacetime
[Arms Build-up]
Small-Scale Conflict
Full-Scale War
You... you snowman! ~ New Kereptica, on Racial Slurs
I find flipping people off to work quite well ~ Buffet and Colbert, on Dating
Zetion wrote:Fuck PETA, my meat tastes better knwoing they dont want me to eat it.
Marquesan wrote:Furthermore, a news flash. This just in from the department of pancakes: F*ck waffles.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Teccor wrote:

Agreed. Also:

OOC: I'm really, really tired of typing out full diplomatic missives to these shit-hole alliances and organizations. I'm close to just copy-pasting the same generic one to all of them. I have also yet to see an alliance of Democratic, Libertarian, Pro-Human Rights Republics. I guess it's because those nations are boring.

I don't think that's even been suggested... In the Communist alliances such things are expected (that you're democratic, liberal, and pro-human rights).
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Rumbria wrote:The legitimate reasons include the fact that as a slave importing nation my country no doubt contributes a significant amount to the economies of slave importing nations. Considering the abolishment of penal slavery is one step closer to a ban on all slavery.

I'm not familiar with your status as a customer large enough to noticeably impact economies, that would imply frequent bulk orders which honestly unless your eating them doesn't make a great deal of sense. There's also the fact that we cannot be certain how intervention would effect the nature of slavery in your nation, if there was no longer punitive slavery it stands to reason that one your nation would drift closer to abolition or two that your nation would require more foreign slaves.While I sincerely hope you chose the logical course of action the scope seems very narrow. Were it an issue of the ethics or economical value of slavery on a larger stage then I would agree member nations hold a stake but IASEN cannot be at the beck and call of every instance of policy change.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Teccor wrote:Agreed. Also:

I don't think that's even been suggested... In the Communist alliances such things are expected (that you're democratic, liberal, and pro-human rights).

Libertarianism is the antithesis of Communism

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Des-Bal wrote:Libertarianism is the antithesis of Communism

Hence why I said "liberal", not "libertarian". :roll:

All of that libertarianism stuff is just more sectionalism bullshit. People try too hard to be unique.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:49 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Des-Bal wrote:Libertarianism is the antithesis of Communism

Hence why I said "liberal", not "libertarian". :roll:

All of that libertarianism stuff is just more sectionalism bullshit. People try too hard to be unique.

But you also said such things are expected that's like saying it's just like a dog because it's furry and a baguette it's confusing as hell.

Libertarianism works on very well founded principles.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
But you also said such things are expected that's like saying it's just like a dog because it's furry and a baguette it's confusing as hell.

Libertarianism works on very well founded principles.

... Wait... What?

Yeah, yeah, a lot of stuff works on very well founded principles. Libertarianism is nothing new or special.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:58 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
... Wait... What?

Yeah, yeah, a lot of stuff works on very well founded principles. Libertarianism is nothing new or special.

Baguettes not cats are the opposite of dogs.

Aristotle isn't new or special does that make it less valid?

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
... Wait... What?

Baguettes not cats are the opposite of dogs.

Aristotle isn't new or special does that make it less valid?

... I still don't get what the analogy, or whatever the fuck, that means... Baguettes are the opposite of dogs?

Aristotle was an original. He brought new things to the foray. Libertarianism is just another offshoot of... Really, I don't know what it is supposed to be an offshoot of. Hell, political labeling is just stupid in general. What does it matter what you identify as? It's what you do, not what you say you are, that makes you who you are.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:18 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
... I still don't get what the analogy, or whatever the fuck, that means... Baguettes are the opposite of dogs?

Aristotle was an original. He brought new things to the foray. Libertarianism is just another offshoot of... Really, I don't know what it is supposed to be an offshoot of. Hell, political labeling is just stupid in general. What does it matter what you identify as? It's what you do, not what you say you are, that makes you who you are.

Actually political labelling saves alot of time by generally outlining principles. It's alot easier to say someone is libertarian than saying they are a person who favors minimal government interference in both public and private respects.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:21 pm

I said STOP arguing.

Or I will pull out my de jure secondary founder rights and bitch slap one of you with it.

Teccor, why the hell are you even here ? >:(
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

Actually political labelling saves alot of time by generally outlining principles. It's alot easier to say someone is libertarian than saying they are a person who favors minimal government interference in both public and private respects.

Easy =/= correct. That's the whole thing: labelling is a form of discrimination, and it is not the good kind. And last time I checked, that was not the only thing libertarianism supported. The universe may demand diversity, but it is up to us to quell those who seek to eliminate diversity.

Unilisia wrote:I said STOP arguing.

Or I will pull out my de jure secondary founder rights and bitch slap one of you with it.

... Who's arguing? :blink:

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Osthia
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Osthia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Teccor wrote:

Agreed. Also:

sorry, just roaming around II when i saw your post. you would be interested in this alliance:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=73987&hilit=defenders+of+humanity

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Aren't you observer? Not sure when this was updated
IASEN-Grand Council and Executive Branch:

1. Greater Tezdrian,
2. Des-Bal,
3. Rich and Corporations
4. Great Nepal

Observer Status:

1. Daemonika
2. Jenrak
3. Unilisia
4. South Thasland
5. Pyschotika
6. The Bleeding Roses
7. Prevania
8. Western Cuba

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:25 pm

Des-Bal wrote:

Aren't you observer? Not sure when this was updated
IASEN-Grand Council and Executive Branch:

1. Greater Tezdrian,
2. Des-Bal,
3. Rich and Corporations
4. Great Nepal

Observer Status:

1. Daemonika
2. Jenrak
3. Unilisia
4. South Thasland
5. Pyschotika
6. The Bleeding Roses
7. Prevania
8. Western Cuba

I lowered myself to observer status when Unilisia abolished slavery, I am however, still de facto second in command of this place. Lack of activity in combination with having a life outside the internet has rendered my voice largely unheard in this thread. If you want to argue, ask Tezdrian.
Last edited by Unilisia on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Laos Refugees
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Laos Refugees » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Laosia condemns the I.A.S.E.N, as it limits the Liberty of the people. If the I.A.S.E.N operates within NAZI EUROPE or in LAOSIA, then there will be serious side effects.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:Laosia condemns the I.A.S.E.N, as it limits the Liberty of the people. If the I.A.S.E.N operates within NAZI EUROPE or in LAOSIA, then there will be serious side effects.

The I.A.S.E.N. has and never will operate in states whose ideologies eclipse the boundaries of sanity. Free will is non-existent in Nazist states.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Laos Refugees wrote:Laosia condemns the I.A.S.E.N, as it limits the Liberty of the people. If the I.A.S.E.N operates within NAZI EUROPE or in LAOSIA, then there will be serious side effects.

For some reason, I used to be afraid of your country... But now that I saw that your currency is worthless, your economy non-existant, your government a sham, and your military sub-par, I laugh. Same thing with you, Unilisia. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can be so naive sometimes...

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:30 pm

If IASEN operates within your territories then one must presume your territories are buying slaves, if your unable to control your own people then perhaps that should be your concern rather than posturing for the international community?

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

For some reason, I used to be afraid of your country... But now that I saw that your currency is worthless, your economy non-existant, your government a sham, and your military sub-par, I laugh. Same thing with you, Unilisia. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can be so naive sometimes...

If your judging by WA Categories or Economics, I am ashamed to know you. Such things do not affect how most nations conduct their RPing.
Last edited by Unilisia on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Unilisia wrote:If your judging by WA Categories or Economics, I am ashamed to know you. Such things do not affect RPing.

Suspension of disbelief can only go so far. How would you react if a brand new country came after you with a ten million man army with lasers? C'mon, seriously.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Unilisia wrote:
If your judging by WA Categories or Economics, I am ashamed to know you. Such things do not affect RPing.

I don't put any stock into political or civil liberties but I think the economics should come into play to some degree it keeps people from asserting infinite wealth.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents