NATION

PASSWORD

International Association of Slave Exporting Nations-(IASEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Kelanis wrote:
From the Kelanis Ministry of Defense

To: All involved parties

The Federation, while usually tolerant of other nations' ways of life, has elected to take a stance on this issue due to the laughable posturing, saber-rattling, and pathetic attempts to justify their 'right' to slavery being carried out by this 'IASEN' rabble.

Kelanis opposes slavery in all forms. It is a deplorable, illegal practice. The nations of IASEN claim not to be bound by international law- perhaps they would be best off going into their sandboxes and not coming out until they have 'all growed up', as people in a civilized nation might say.

As such, effective immediately the following are in force:

-All IASEN nations not already under sanction by Kelanis (Unilisia, Dez-Bal, and Tezdrian) are now embargoed.
-Kelanis's ports are open for use by warships from nations wishing to conduct hostile actions against slaving ships and/or their defenders.
-Any and all ships flying colors of any IASEN nation in Kelanisian territorial waters, regardless of their intentions or activities, will be boarded by force. Hostile or evasive ships will be sunk, even if they manage to exit said territorial waters prior to boarding or attack.
-Kelanis's submarine fleet is now under RoE which permit the engagement of warships from the IASEN nations on sight if they are engaged in slaving-related operations, even in international waters.

If sufficient international support is assembled, Kelanis will join any such coalition to halt these slaving activities and sunder apart the pitiful nations of IASEN.

That is all.

To: The Governing Body of Kelanis

Civil and uncivil is a matter of perspective. Your perspective Unilisia doesn't care much for. And as for the embargo, we have no trade in your nation, and never will. So, everything appertaining to us, is irrelevant in our eyes unless you continue to agitate the the national interests of our people. Good day to you sir.
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

Greater Tezdrian
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tezdrian » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:42 am

Mongolian Khanate wrote:By the present form,

The Mongolian Khanate asks to be admitted into the IASEN

Signed,
Baron Nicholas Maximilian Ungern Von Sternberg, Regent of the Khanate

The Khanate has been admitted.
Puppetmaster for Hashemite Arabiyah

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:36 pm

I believe that as this organization continues to grow we must remained focused on our primary goals. While opponents to this glorious coallition have arisen and promise to rise in the future cementing our position amongst slave trading nations should remain a priority. Our goal here should be a faction of free trade, not starting millitary conflicts over matters of principle.

Minister of Foreign Affairs

Alber Dregas
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Yethtu
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Members of the IASEN,

Placing people under servitude without their concent is concidered a form of hostage taking and will be treated as such. Nothing you say can change that simple fact.
Proud owners of the State of Contonara, colonial posetion.
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.
-If there ever was a God, he gave up a LONG time ago-

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

-Just becuse I find it distasteful, does not mean I can find it illegal-
GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Yethtu wrote:Members of the IASEN,

Placing people under servitude without their concent is concidered a form of hostage taking and will be treated as such. Nothing you say can change that simple fact.

The goal of taking a hostage is to force another party to comply to your demands or behave in a certain way. The goal of a slave is to ensure labor is preformed and offered as an alternative for execution of POW's, Criminals, or Sub-Humans. I believe you have come to aknowledge your initial stance was over-aggressive and an invitation for unnecessary conflict. I hope now that you have taken wisdom from that experience and do not seek to strain this already controversial issue.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:40 pm

The term "hostage" is not based on the porpose, but rather the person's situation. You are holding them agenst their will, forcing servitude upon them based on uncontrolable traits. As such, these "slaves" are being denied the basic right to self. We are prepared, if nessicery, to assemble a force to protect ourselves, but will not act hostily towerds your nations indescriminatly. Only vessels found to contain enslaved creatures will be worse for ware. Indeed, we have already enforced this upon a Greater Tezdrainian vessel, with proper notification to the said nation.
After a massive months long RL cival debate (and just plain refusal to post on my part) Yethtu's First Citizen Party has returned to power. Hazza and what not.

-Anti-Regulationists have obviously never read The Jungle. Would you like some samonilla-laced eggs with your copy?-

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Shattered Atlantis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Shattered Atlantis » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:44 pm

While Atlantis will not join this organization, let it be known that any and all attempts to interfere with Atlantean shipping or the ships of allied nations within Atlantean waters will be met with force, and possibly by a declaration of war and a continuation of hostilities.

As such, we advise those nations who wish to rid the world of slavery to stay away from Atlantis.
((ICly, it's just Atlantis. Not Shattered Atlantis, just "Atlantis"))
The Resurgent Dream wrote:After all, great roleplayers like <snip> Shattered Atlantis, all of whom I would be honored to have in my RP

Information:
The United Island Baronies of Atlantis
Denomonym: Atlantean
Leader: High Baron Winfield II
Map

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:56 pm

Yethtu wrote:The term "hostage" is not based on the porpose, but rather the person's situation. You are holding them agenst their will, forcing servitude upon them based on uncontrolable traits. As such, these "slaves" are being denied the basic right to self. We are prepared, if nessicery, to assemble a force to protect ourselves, but will not act hostily towerds your nations indescriminatly. Only vessels found to contain enslaved creatures will be worse for ware. Indeed, we have already enforced this upon a Greater Tezdrainian vessel, with proper notification to the said nation.

Thats slavery. Slavery is slavery is not only redundant but the second aspect is implied by the first.
A hostage is :A person held by one party in a conflict as security that specified terms will be met by the opposing party.
These slaves do not have rights as they are slaves and not people. Any vessel attempting to board or search a Des-Balite ship under an unrecognized authority will be considered pirates and engaged in a matter befitting this designation. If Greater Tezdrain wishes to envoke Article II of our charter then I will be obligated to ensure your unprovoked seizure stops.

Greater Tomainia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Tomainia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:06 pm

The Republic of Tomainia, while practising slavery, does not actively engage in selling the slaves. We have other purposes.

However we still support the idea behind this organization, and wish to obtain observer status, and perhaps to officially join someday.

Gift shipments of Tomainia's world famous pâté for all member and observer nations are standing by, pending approval of observer status.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 pm

As a nation, we have the right to enforce our laws within our borders. Since slavery is illegal (this statement is pending on the results of the Masculine Leadership Act, taking slaves within our borders will be treated as any other form of smuggling. To avoid this, you may etheir cease sending slaver craft into our territory or accept the risk accoceated with such. Furthermore, since all sapeints have certain rights under our laws, your slaves aren't even legally enslaved within our juristication. As such, your entire veiw of slaves becomes worthless in such areas.

Atlantis, Yethtuian vessels will not enter your space bearing arms unless possesing previous clearence. However, we do expect that slave ships NOT be alowd to seek shelter within your waters. We will contact your ships should any fleeing vessel move across your soveign borders.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Yethtu wrote:As a nation, we have the right to enforce our laws within our borders. Since slavery is illegal (this statement is pending on the results of the Masculine Leadership Act, taking slaves within our borders will be treated as any other form of smuggling. To avoid this, you may etheir cease sending slaver craft into our territory or accept the risk accoceated with such. Furthermore, since all sapeints have certain rights under our laws, your slaves aren't even legally enslaved within our juristication. As such, your entire veiw of slaves becomes worthless in such areas.

Atlantis, Yethtuian vessels will not enter your space bearing arms unless possesing previous clearence. However, we do expect that slave ships NOT be alowd to seek shelter within your waters. We will contact your ships should any fleeing vessel move across your soveign borders.

In that same regard any vessel in our waters is subject to our laws. Should you attempt to pursue a vessel that is abiding by the laws of our nation you will be considered in breach of these laws. You will not interfere with our trade routes or enforce your moral agenda in our land.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:29 pm

We retain our right to search vessels, to ensure compliance with our laws. Should they meet our aproval, they wil be alowd on there merry way no worse and will be protected by the Safe Seas Act. If they do not, we will remedy to problem and take the captian into temporary holding in Stormspire. A telegram will be forwarded to your office and you may send a vessel to retreave him. All non-illegal valubles will be returned to you.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Yethtu wrote:We retain our right to search vessels, to ensure compliance with our laws. Should they meet our aproval, they wil be alowd on there merry way no worse and will be protected by the Safe Seas Act. If they do not, we will remedy to problem and take the captian into temporary holding in Stormspire. A telegram will be forwarded to your office and you may send a vessel to retreave him. All non-illegal valubles will be returned to you.

Any individual in our waters will be protected by our laws attempting to seize the property including slaves of the vessel under the flag of an unrecognized authority will be considered piracy.

And I assure you any Des-Balite captain bold enough to venture into hostile waters will not be taken alive.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Your vessels are only concidered potentially hostile, not universaly hostile. We will be prepared to retaliate, but will not due so unless attacked first. Our laws only apply within our own borders, so your "property" will still be concidered such whale within a territory that accepts such. We will still chase you whale in international waters, however, if you have left our own

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Yethtu wrote:Your vessels are only concidered potentially hostile, not universaly hostile. We will be prepared to retaliate, but will not due so unless attacked first. Our laws only apply within our own borders, so your "property" will still be concidered such whale within a territory that accepts such. We will still chase you whale in international waters, however, if you have left our own

And if any vessel is pursued on suspiscion of involvment in activities deemed legal in Des-Bal it will find haven here.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:47 pm

So be it. The people of Yethtu can not vote our laws onto your territory. However, until said craft is within your territory the Flotela retains the right to persue and enforce

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Yethtu wrote:So be it. The people of Yethtu can not vote our laws onto your territory. However, until said craft is within your territory the Flotela retains the right to persue and enforce

This is the second time you've responded too aggressivley and been forced to compromise, it would be for the benefit of all parties if you would simply relax your stance. While the sale of slaves may be illegal in your nation theres no reason to waste recourses inspecting simple trade vessels.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Should the vessel be of a member state of the IASEN, we must assume the possablity they are carrying slaves. After all, this is what the association is about, no? Since this is illegal within our territory, until they enter a territory that accepts such they have broken law. As I have stated, your vessels are in no danger so long as they are not carrying illegal substances across our borders. This is a simple usage of our right to enforce our laws. Until such a time that we feel it is no longer nessicery, we are aloud to inspect any vessel suspected to be holding illegal cargo. All we are asking is to stay clean or stay out.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:57 pm

While it is your right to enforce these laws searching only docked ships would be more than sufficient at ensuring slaves are not transported to your nation. Ships moving through your waters however pose no threat to your laws or customs.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:01 pm

The point of this is not that we do not wish for slaves to be placed on Yethtu's soil (again, pending the Masculine Leadership Act), but the principal that no sapeint should be enslaved within our borders. Due to coral placements, there are certain chokepoints we can occupy to ensure at least 95% efficency with only two dozen vessels. Your concern for our resources is apprceated, but I suggest you focus more on your government morals first

Remember, The Government's Jon is to Help

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Yethtu wrote:The point of this is not that we do not wish for slaves to be placed on Yethtu's soil (again, pending the Masculine Leadership Act), but the principal that no sapeint should be enslaved within our borders. Due to coral placements, there are certain chokepoints we can occupy to ensure at least 95% efficency with only two dozen vessels. Your concern for our resources is apprceated, but I suggest you focus more on your government morals first

Remember, The Government's Jon is to Help

I assure you no slave traders/ships will enter into the sovereign territory of Yethtu, at least from Unilisia....
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Yethtu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yethtu » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Our people thank you, and I assure you no legal merchent vessels will be taken or looted.

Krynnos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Krynnos » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:07 pm

The Empire of Krynnos, with no ties to the WA, and a full understanding of benefits and repercussions of it's actions, seeks membership with the International Association of Slave Exporting Nations. (IASEN) Krynnos pledges to participate in and support the slave trade, both financially, and with supply. Additionally Krynnos pledges Military and Economic aid to the IASEN, with the following stipulations.
  • The Empire of Krynnos pledges Military aid directly to the IASEN as a whole, Krynnos is not required to provide aid to individual member nations in their minor conflicts. The Empire is only required to provide military aid should the IASEN as a whole fall under attack.
  • Krynnos Economic and Military aid is only obligated should the IASEN fall under unprovoked attack. The Empire will deny aid, and condemn the actions of any member nations deemed to be openly provoking an attack.
  • Krynnos is not under obligation to provide assistance for the loss of goods or vessels within non-IASEN territories.
Additionally
  • The Empire of Krynnos exports slaves taken prisoner during military action, all parties purchasing slaves from Krynnos must understand and accept the responsibilities associated with the enslavement of foreign prisoners of war.
  • Any party seeking the enslavement of Krynnos citizens or nationals shall have their request denied, additionally action may be taken to prosecute such parties to the fullest extent of the law within Krynnos.

So noted, the Empire of Krynnos supports the IASEN, and hopes this organization shall prove itself profitable for all nations involved.
Emperor Johnathan Questas,
Praetori Marcus Dogu: Military Commander,
41 Senators chosen by the people.

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Official Federal Diplomatic Communication

Addressed To: International Association of Slave Exporting Nations; Signatories Hitherto || Addressed From: Office Of The Department Of Foreign Affairs || Subject Matter: Diplomatic Ultimatum || Encryption: Not Applicable

As the message ordered heeded thereto from this state to the international treaty binding and enclosed hereof, has been returned to this government, the Federal Republic of Ostronopolis and the Commonwealths whereby views no further proportionately proper recourse in the name of justice, morality and law but to deliver the ultimatum here-contained.

With this in mind, the Federal Republic of Ostronopolis does hereby issue and deliver the ultimatum aforementioned as the diplomatic demand and ultimatum to cease and desist the existence of this organization by the approximated time of seventeen-hundred (17:00/5:00 P.M.) hours on the given day hereafter-this.

Should such a demand be of refutation response, or the refusal to reprise accordingly to the stated intents hereof, the forcible means to attain such ends as deemed appropriate to the cause of these states united shall be enacted.

As such, the acquiescence of the demands hereof shall be deemed of the utmost validity, and the failure to offer apportioned and proper reprisal in response shall be deemed appropriate means for the initiation of armed confrontation to attain the forcible end of, and desist of this international treaty and the ceasing of the matters in which the international treaty hereof, through its states, seeks to attain.

With such said, and understood, the Federal Republic of Ostronopolis and the Commonwealths Whereby do decree that the utmost proper response be delivered, and this message be heeded by the aforesaid states opposed, or the consequences noted in retaliation thereof, and of which shall be hereto enacted upon, shall be deemed in good-validity and enacted accordingly as aforementioned.

116 Federal Avenue, Federal District of Concord - Federal Republic of Ostronopolis - 0567
346-5670-605 - Department of Foreign Affairs Direct Communication Line
567-56739 - Department of Foreign Affairs Direct Fax
[English] -- [Español] -- [Français]

Signed,
Micheal Telnar - Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Yethtu wrote:Our people thank you, and I assure you no legal merchent vessels will be taken or looted.

We may have slavery, but Unilisian's are still kinda civil.
I am the mighty Uni.

You win.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents