NATION

PASSWORD

The Occupation of Arván (OOC | TWI ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Pozlacenslavia wrote:
Noronica wrote:Maybe a little more than just anger at kidnapping - would Pozlacenslavia respond to a request for support?

Considering our sudden good relations, of course.

Good! we can discuss more tomorrow, (as it is 00:56 for me)
Last edited by Noronica on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:15 pm

76 posts in a day... hot damn.
For Peace and Honor.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Trying to take back your clay, huh? Interesting. Keomora ad I have a shared territory of Akar (Vancouvia please recognize this little place) which no one seems to recognize :(

Just saying how to put this. Trying to take back your former lands makes you a tad bit imperalistic (what are you saying you hypocrite AM?! You did that with Keomora and have negative intentions towards Covonant which was why you joined CU) which gives -ve points on diplomacy with us and furthermore you are far up in the north. But the thing is you have caught AM's eyes as a potential ally and a great trade partner (and ways to have more trade routes into Ostehaar and others in the northern and eastern areas) and you also happen to be a member of CU and C6.

So whatever the CU and C6 decide, AM's actions regarding Arván will depend on that (but if you need some Gurkha soldiers we will be more than happy to add you on the list of Bhikkustan, Keomora, Perawin, Shanowinn and Hexcon??).
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:Trying to take back your clay, huh? Interesting. Keomora ad I have a shared territory of Akar (Vancouvia please recognize this little place) which no one seems to recognize :(

Just saying how to put this. Trying to take back your former lands makes you a tad bit imperalistic (what are you saying you hypocrite AM?! You did that with Keomora and have negative intentions towards Covonant which was why you joined CU) which gives -ve points on diplomacy with us and furthermore you are far up in the north. But the thing is you have caught AM's eyes as a potential ally and a great trade partner (and ways to have more trade routes into Ostehaar and others in the northern and eastern areas) and you also happen to be a member of CU and C6.

So whatever the CU and C6 decide, AM's actions regarding Arván will depend on that (but if you need some Gurkha soldiers we will be more than happy to add you on the list of Bhikkustan, Keomora, Perawin, Shanowinn and Hexcon??).

Making a dispatch for Kemor Akar... and we need to go to war over it again for Van to recognize it...
For Peace and Honor.

Vemta
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2016

Postby Vemta » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Vemta, given its policy of strengthening relations with regional members, particularly with countries in the Aegean, would support the Noronican expansion. While Vemta does not have a large military, the government has communicated its interest in supporting the endeavor, diplomatically. It is also willing to send resources, particularly medical personnel, to assist in the Noronican operations.

OOC: Excited to participate in my first TWI RP! Basically, while we are not always supportive of imperialistic expansions, the government has a reason in supporting Noronica. We hope to offer this as a gesture of our desire to have closer relations, and an incentive for us to also be supported by Noronica in the future.
The Holy Republic of Vemta
"Loyal, through and through"

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Noronica, I have thought of the best way for AM to be involved.

You might not know this but what is now AM was once the grand Khas-Kirat Empire the equivalent of the Mongol Hordes. They traveled far and wide in search of places to conquer to settle. Different ethnic groups originating from AM settled in different nations across the Isles (so that I can have a few population of 1 million while still maintaining that the past empire was a force to be reckoned with) and spread the Xrevaro-Lisaikan descended Kirati (Tibeto-Burman and Mongoloid) and Aprosian descended Khas (Central Asian and Indo-Aryan) genes over the region. There are Khams in Segentova, Yakkhas in Bhumidol, Thakalis in Keomora and Akar, Khas in Covonant, Magars or Moogrins in Bhikkustan and Tamnags in Locuterris.

So one of the Khas-Kirati ethnic groups Kirat-Sunuwars (who were trying to conquer Ostehaar but went to the wrong place) have settled in Arván since the late 13th Century. They are now being mistreated and discriminated by the majority of Arván (especially the government and drug cartels?). AM had not generally cared about that land because it is far away in the north. But now the Noronican intelligence publicizes the human rights abuse and mistreatment of the Sunuwars. The citizens in AM are aghast that their fellow brothers and sisters are being treated as such. They request the government to take action action Arván. And furthermore, Kirati fighters (terror groups of you prefer) from places as far away as AM, Covonant and Bhumidol travel to the peninsula to liberate their Kirati blood brothers and sisters.

LIBERATE THE MINORITIES!!!

And Keomora, we now have good relations. Akari and Thakali fighter battle alongside as Dragon Faction blood brothers and sisters in the San Javier conflict. It would be that there is some major international event (can be anything from natural disaster to a regional summit) in Akar that makes everyone recognize that there is an island named such in the South Mesder Sea.

And my IC constitution

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:Noronica, I have thought of the best way for AM to be involved.

You might not know this but what is now AM was once the grand Khas-Kirat Empire the equivalent of the Mongol Hordes. They traveled far and wide in search of places to conquer to settle. Different ethnic groups originating from AM settled in different nations across the Isles (so that I can have a few population of 1 million while still maintaining that the past empire was a force to be reckoned with) and spread the Xrevaro-Lisaikan descended Kirati (Tibeto-Burman and Mongoloid) and Aprosian descended Khas (Central Asian and Indo-Aryan) genes over the region. There are Khams in Segentova, Yakkhas in Bhumidol, Thakalis in Keomora and Akar, Khas in Covonant, Magars or Moogrins in Bhikkustan and Tamnags in Locuterris.

So one of the Khas-Kirati ethnic groups Kirat-Sunuwars (who were trying to conquer Ostehaar but went to the wrong place) have settled in Arván since the late 13th Century. They are now being mistreated and discriminated by the majority of Arván (especially the government and drug cartels?). AM had not generally cared about that land because it is far away in the north. But now the Noronican intelligence publicizes the human rights abuse and mistreatment of the Sunuwars. The citizens in AM are aghast that their fellow brothers and sisters are being treated as such. They request the government to take action action Arván. And furthermore, Kirati fighters (terror groups of you prefer) from places as far away as AM, Covonant and Bhumidol travel to the peninsula to liberate their Kirati blood brothers and sisters.

And Keomora, we now have good relations. Akari and Thakali fighter battle alongside as Dragon Faction blood brothers and sisters in the San Javier conflict. It would be that there is some major international event (can be anything from natural disaster to a regional summit) in Akar that makes everyone recognize that there is an island named such in the South Mesder Sea.

Thanks
For Peace and Honor.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:30 pm

Keomora wrote:Thanks

And what would Keomorans think of AM military operating in Arván? You know we signed that treaty which said that AM would not engage in any war unless threatened (AM will propagandize Arván's treatments of Sunuwars for supporting Noronica).

Will they say who gives a damnn about where and whom they fight as long as it's not us or will be they be angry that AM is using that "Liberation of Minorities" tactics again.

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:32 am

Athara Magarat wrote:Trying to take back your clay, huh? Interesting. Keomora ad I have a shared territory of Akar (Vancouvia please recognize this little place) which no one seems to recognize :(

Covonant has said that he'll support me fully, so that's the creator of the CU and C6. A lot of nations may see that Noronica is just trying to help Arván as right now it is a shit place to live. Noronica would also take in Gurkhas (I think we already talked about that?).
Vemta wrote:Vemta, given its policy of strengthening relations with regional members, particularly with countries in the Aegean, would support the Noronican expansion. While Vemta does not have a large military, the government has communicated its interest in supporting the endeavor, diplomatically. It is also willing to send resources, particularly medical personnel, to assist in the Noronican operations.

OOC: Excited to participate in my first TWI RP! Basically, while we are not always supportive of imperialistic expansions, the government has a reason in supporting Noronica. We hope to offer this as a gesture of our desire to have closer relations, and an incentive for us to also be supported by Noronica in the future.

It's my first own RP! Welcome!
I just had an idea - would you be able to set up a refugee/medical camp next to or near the friendly military camps? This would be interesting to role-play and you could have many characters there - especially if Vemta does not have a large army and would prefer medical support.
Athara Magarat wrote:Noronica, I have thought of the best way for AM to be involved.

KILL THE OPPRESSORS!!!!!

I like that idea, people already there. There could have been a miscommunication between the Nyssics (aboriginals) and your Kirat-Sunuwars which meant that there has been aggression for years.
About the group-hating, during the old regime, Noronica had labour camps which sent every minority other than Noronnican or white to them. This was called the Noronnican Holocaust because the ruler then ordered the extermination when she saw that the war was going to be lost.
There is a group in Arván which supports the old regime called the Noronnican Nationalist Party. They are terrorists atm, but hope to expand their influence and "take back what was theirs". They'll be killing a few non-natives as well and I'm guessing making them slaves as well due to the human trafficking market. Noronica will mention this is news posts which will inform AM about the killings.
Keomora wrote:76 posts in a day... hot damn.

I know! I was shocked for quite a bit....
Are you joining the RP?

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:32 am

Okay - apology time!

I was asleep while you guys were posting, so I'm very sorry for not replying sooner. I hope that these replies should answer anything.

Vemta
Secretary

Founded: Dec 15, 2016

Postby Vemta » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:46 am

Noronica wrote:It's my first own RP! Welcome!
I just had an idea - would you be able to set up a refugee/medical camp next to or near the friendly military camps? This would be interesting to role-play and you could have many characters there - especially if Vemta does not have a large army and would prefer medical support.

Niiiice. Perhaps we could even be leading the humanitarian relief operations!
The Holy Republic of Vemta
"Loyal, through and through"

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:49 am

Vemta wrote:
Noronica wrote:It's my first own RP! Welcome!

Niiiice. Perhaps we could even be leading the humanitarian relief operations!

Fine by me! You may be involved in helping those who have been in the human trafficking trade as that is a big market in Arván.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:01 am

Noronica wrote:Okay - apology time!

I was asleep while you guys were posting, so I'm very sorry for not replying sooner. I hope that these replies should answer anything.

No need for apologizing sir.

So we basically ally with you to take down the current Arván (are they Nyssics? ethnically) government.

Okay. Some historical context: Between 12th to 13th Century, the Kirat-Sunuwars trying to conquer Ostehaar ended up in the wrong place and instead came to Arván. They subjugated the natives (Nyssics??) for a while and were a vassal of the Khas-KIrat Empire. However after the fall of the Empire in the 15th Century, Arván was given back to the natives. The wealthier families left for either homeland in AM or Bhikkustan. The rest of the poorer Kirat-Sunuwars became punching bags for the now powerful natives to vent their revenge and anger.

By the 16th Century, AM was a colony of Atnaian Empire till the early 20th Century. And then we had family dictatorships and fascist regimes who didn't give a damn about anything than themselves. Contact with the north was lost and most AM citizens didn't even know of a land called Arván.

Now, Noronican media and intelligence bring grim reports that under the current government of Arván discrimination and hate crimes against Kirat-Sunuwars have increased ten-fold. They are basically being treated like shit and citizens of AM are angry. They demand immediate government action.

I dunno if AM should declare war (regardless we will be taking action) on Arván to liberate its minorities and give them and others a better government watched by Noronicans.

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:16 am

Athara Magarat wrote:
Noronica wrote:Okay - apology time!

No need for apologizing sir.

So we basically ally with you to take down the current Arván (are they Nyssics? ethnically) government.

Okay. Some historical context: Between 12th to 13th Century, the Kirat-Sunuwars trying to conquer Ostehaar ended up in the wrong place and instead came to Arván. They subjugated the natives (Nyssics??) for a while and were a vassal of the Khas-KIrat Empire. However after the fall of the Empire in the 15th Century, Arván was given back to the natives. The wealthier families left for either homeland in AM or Bhikkustan. The rest of the poorer Kirat-Sunuwars became punching bags for the now powerful natives to vent their revenge and anger.

By the 16th Century, AM was a colony of Atnaian Empire till the early 20th Century. And then we had family dictatorships and fascist regimes who didn't give a damn about anything than themselves. Contact with the north was lost and most AM citizens didn't even know of a land called Arván.

Now, Noronican media and intelligence bring grim reports that under the current government of Arván discrimination and hate crimes against Kirat-Sunuwars have increased ten-fold. They are basically being treated like shit and citizens of AM are angry. They demand immediate government action.

I dunno if AM should declare war (regardless we will be taking action) on Arván to liberate its minorities and give them and others a better government watched by Noronicans.

"So we basically ally with you to take down the current Arván French-Nyssic-Noronnican government."

It's a mess of ethnicities. Nyssics first officially travelled to Arván in the 1700's but some lived there already. A French priest in the community who travelled from Noronica taught the Nyssics French which later became the Lingua-Franca. French and English is spoken in Arván.

Yes - the government treats them like shit. Declare your support on the Occupation *cough*...invasion...*cough* and help take over Arván. When Noronica completely takes over, AM will be rewarded with...(insert something). - Others will be getting space for bases, some will be allowed to keep stationed military, some will have Noronnican support later in life.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:42 am

SUMMARY SO FAR

Noronica, having gathering intelligence on the peninsula of Arván, will give information to news and delegates in international organisations. The news will of course be very interested and begin pumping out stories, the main one being Noronica’s big announcement after an Arván air assault on the Noronnican Sessux Isle base.
The delegates in the League, Coalition, etc. will be telling the world of the horrors of Arván and explaining the need to intervene.
Meanwhile, Helvetea’s rogue general has sent 6 soldiers to inspect and buy military hardware from the black market. Ostehaar and Noronica already have operatives on the field, gathering intelligence on the peninsula, especially on the human trafficking market which plays a huge role in Arván, especially since the government are complicit.
Athara Magarat, having found out about the atrocities to some of their ethnic groups in Arván, declares that it supports Noronica and wishes to take down the criminal organisations and the government.
Corindia, also have trouble with Corindis in fruit plantations in Arván, as cartels are taking them over, bringing Corindia 0% profit. They declare their support.
Pozlacenslavia also has the same trouble and is greatly angered by Pozlacen citizens being sent into slavery. Wanting to improve relations, it declares for Noronica and sends troops.
Ostehaar, being so close to the peninsula, give their full support to their old allies (Noronica) and sends military reinforcement, supporting the Noronnican control over that area would benefit their already close relations, allow for easier logistics of trade between the nations and of the Oster control of Lövsk, and hopefully strengthen the Oster military\government presence on both sides of the crucial passage between the Eterna and Argean Seas.
Norstham, wishing to expand relations and increase their Northern influence, declares for Noronica and sends air support and units of commandos.
Covenant, wanting to expand influence in the north as well and build a military base, declares for Noronica and sends mainly ground troops to the cause, giving airpower as well. It also begins denouncing Arván.
Vancouvia also declares for Noronica, agreeing to do a lot of warring against the government to paint Noronica in better light as liberators, in exchange, Noronica supports Vancouvia in the future.
Wellsia, already having many foreign colonies, supports Noronica.
Vemta, wanting to declare for Noronica, sends humanitarian relief in the form of refugee and medical camps.
Polar Svalbard, disagreeing with Noronica becoming too powerful, causes riots in towns using sleeper agents in Arván. Polar Svalbard is intent in painting Noronica in a bad light, making them seem like imperialists.

This is what we have so far, thanks to everyone who is getting involved. I think we should move onto any discussions about how we want to go about this before I post the OC which will be posted either later today or tomorrow.

NEW ENTRIES ARE WELCOME - don’t worry, you can still join, this is just the start of the initiation period.
Last edited by Noronica on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:57 am

Noronica wrote:"So we basically ally with you to take down the current Arván French-Nyssic-Noronnican government."

It's a mess of ethnicities. Nyssics first officially travelled to Arván in the 1700's but some lived there already. A French priest in the community who travelled from Noronica taught the Nyssics French which later became the Lingua-Franca. French and English is spoken in Arván.

Yes - the government treats them like shit. Declare your support on the Occupation *cough*...invasion...*cough* and help take over Arván. When Noronica completely takes over, AM will be rewarded with...(insert something). - Others will be getting space for bases, some will be allowed to keep stationed military, some will have Noronnican support later in life.

Ahhh! So they are French? As in French like those Viennes we hate.

That means we have no problem sending our military there. It is also to show some manipulative people as in
Thomas Wessich, the Hegemon of Atnaia
that AM is not to be taken lightly, even while it is in pacifist (ahem!) stance after some recent incidents.

Great going, Noronica!
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 am

Athara Magarat wrote:
Noronica wrote:"So we basically ally with you to take down the current Arván French-Nyssic-Noronnican government."

Ahhh! So they are French? As in French like those Viennes we hate.

That means we have no problem sending our military there. It is also to show some manipulative people as in
Thomas Wessich, the Hegemon of Atnaia
that AM is not to be taken lightly, even while it is in pacifist (ahem!) stance after some recent incidents.

Great going, Noronica!

DEATH TO THE FRENCHIES!!!

That's fine, I'll enjoy seeing your posts!

Norstham
Envoy

Founded: Aug 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstham » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:42 am

As I've got bases in Noronica, I'd likely have ships milling around in the area, so my involvement could be triggered with infringements around Norsan ships, leading to retaliation.
Member of The Western Isles
Steve Smith is a very bad man.
Norstham

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:20 pm

I would like to support Noronica in their endeavor to restore law and order.
For Peace and Honor.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Norstham wrote:As I've got bases in Noronica, I'd likely have ships milling around in the area, so my involvement could be triggered with infringements around Norsan ships, leading to retaliation.

I'm happy with that, shall we say that the ships are mobilised because Norstham is prepared to help Noronica, but the infringement is the final push to send them into full support?
Keomora wrote:I would like to support Noronica in their endeavor to restore law and order.

Good, be prepared for a bit of a purge. Noronica is not going to be lenient towards these scum at all.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Here it is!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=398330

Please don't post yet - no other countries know about this yet. Once the news posts are up, then we can post.

Anyone with people in Arván already may post (Ostehaar, Corindia, Helvetea, Pozlacenslavia, Athara Magarat), but no military stuff yet.

Noronica will be responding shortly, don't worry.
Last edited by Noronica on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Noronica wrote:Here it is!

Please don't post yet - no other countries know about this yet. Once the news posts are up, then we can post.

Anyone with people in Arván already may post (Ostehaar, Corindia, Helvetea, Pozlacenslavia, Athara Magarat), but no military stuff yet.

I have ships arriving in San Javier... is it possible that they move north to Arvan?
For Peace and Honor.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Keomora wrote:

I have ships arriving in San Javier... is it possible that they move north to Arvan?

Fine, as long as its when Keomora knows about the event when the media storm hits.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Currently, members of a Helvetean unit (Actually Soldiers owned by the Minister of Weapons Development) are meeting with an Arms Dealer regarding G-36s. Current manpower is 115, including the Dealer's gang and the Helveteans.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Noronica, would I be able to post from the point of views of some of my operatives in Arvan. The ones that are normally there, might as well put some character building in while I wait.
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents