NATION

PASSWORD

The Occupation of Arván (OOC | TWI ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Noronica wrote:
Ventlimer wrote:This was water I wasn't wantingbto tread either. Child sex slaves are a no go.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer - the child trafficking is mostly child soldiers, (recent news with AM, Michigonia and I) as groups like SHOCK are wanting them.
Atnaia wrote:The one rule that Silver Branch follows is no kids. Teens older than 15 are fine, but they won't sell kids. It's a matter of pragmatism: the Local Intelligence Service of Atnaia will give you a slap on the wrist for selling post-agency indents older than 15, maybe a few years in prison after which (as long as you keep your mouth shut while behind bars) you'll return to the Club a conquering hero, but you're liable to just disappear forever for selling kids. As Gould put it, you'll either be shot in the head or sent to a camp for the summer, which is like being shot in the head but longer. LISA is AMORAL, not IMMORAL, after all. How does that affect things?

I don't think the Club or Vent's group would be seen any more favourably as human trafficking is still human trafficking, a subject that would bring much controversy with the League and other alliances such as the CU. Therefore, both Noronica and the Arvanan government want trafficking and any drug activity to stop. The Arvanan government really just wants to stay in power and not spark another revolution which would occur if enough people were frustrated with the inaction of the government.

If the stability of the peninsula is ensured and the government gets to stay in power, both your groups would get a blind-eye treatment, but since there is little-to-no regulation, the Arvanan people are restless, and Arván is being watched on the international stage, the government is having to be careful, and that means rooting out any threats to stability.

Okay. So how do you see this story going. Where/when should I hop in and how do you want it to proceed?
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Atnaia wrote:Okay. So how do you see this story going. Where/when should I hop in and how do you want it to proceed?

(Ventlimer, you might want to read this as well)

Well, this idea originally sprung up as a substory to both of your stories, but it can be bigger.

You can hop in at anytime maybe showing use what has happened over the war and how business was affected. Maybe you and Vent could meet as maybe you two set up an alliance as you said a couple of posts back.

Noronica and the Arvanan Government will be a constant shadow over underground activities maybe not directly affecting things, but for smaller businesses and gangs, they'll always be turning over their shoulders or being careful to those they speak to as a there is a network of informers around the peninsula.

As I imagine both your guys as the 'trade assosciations'/middle-men for smaller businesses or gangs around the peninsula, I assume this will make it harder to conduct business with raids taking place almost everyday as the government is undergoing a massive drive to purge anything that could harm them.

If you want a catalyst for a meeting, maybe we could RP a raid between either you or Vent and I as I conduct a raid on a large gathering, business transaction, or a major facility of one of yours which maybe gets you guys to start wondering if your position is truly as stable as you thought it was.

We could RP a few other raids or maybe an attempted assassination of senior figures in your organisations in Arván. Or maybe an attempted assassination on a senior figure in the Government as a warning from your people.

Either way, I see a meeting between either or both you and Vent and Lord Montague or someone else high in the State. Where the story goes from there we can decide later.

Thoughts?

Ventlimer
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ventlimer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:02 am

I like this. Give me a minute to build up the characters of my organization. Shouldn't take more than a couple posts.
Proud Member of the Western Isles.

Previous

Return to International Incidents