NATION

PASSWORD

The Occupation of Arván (OOC | TWI ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Keomora, https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=398330&p=30843079#p30843079, I've replied to the Legion dealing with the Arvanans.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:22 pm

I'm wondering whether or not my crime syndicate plot is really worth pursuing given the nature of this RP at this point.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Noronica wrote:Keomora, https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=398330&p=30843079#p30843079, I've replied to the Legion dealing with the Arvanans.

Posted.

And Shanowinn
Half of the civilians (first wave) will look like they are carrying explosions only they're not actually carrying any.
For Peace and Honor.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Atnaia wrote:I'm wondering whether or not my crime syndicate plot is really worth pursuing given the nature of this RP at this point.

What do you mean? Are we progressing too fast?

If the problem is how you fit in, you can still tell a story of trying to escape different factions all the while trying to keep your 'cargo'. You can also show how a criminal views how the events affect them directly.

Once the war is over, Noronica shall be purging the peninsula, so you could get caught, etc.?

This is my first RP that I have made, so I don't know exactly how to cater to everyone's needs. If you could tell me what the problem is, I could try to accommodate? If not, thanks for participating anyway.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Noronica wrote:
Atnaia wrote:I'm wondering whether or not my crime syndicate plot is really worth pursuing given the nature of this RP at this point.

What do you mean? Are we progressing too fast?

If the problem is how you fit in, you can still tell a story of trying to escape different factions all the while trying to keep your 'cargo'. You can also show how a criminal views how the events affect them directly.

Once the war is over, Noronica shall be purging the peninsula, so you could get caught, etc.?

This is my first RP that I have made, so I don't know exactly how to cater to everyone's needs. If you could tell me what the problem is, I could try to accommodate? If not, thanks for participating anyway.

The issue is a difference in perspective. The speed is a part of it, yes, I can't keep track enough to be able to weasel my storyline in somehow, but the real issue is a dissonance between the focuses of the story. There's not a lot I can do with Silver Bough to tie them into anyone else's story in a meaningful way, and if I am not tying them in, what's the point in RPing? I could just be writing a book. My storyline is just too niche, and I can't keep up the detail I want in the story when compared to the pace and scope of what you guys are doing. And I can't write an "escape" story without others being involved and, thus far, no one seems to give a sh*t.

Wrong place for the story I want to tell. That's all. I'm looking at a story through a microscope while you guys are using radar. My amoebas will never make as much of an impact as your jets.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Noronica, are you soon going to find the Lieutenant?

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:Noronica, are you soon going to find the Lieutenant?

Yup, I'm just waiting to see when Covonant writes his entry, then we will be rounding up the former leaders. Right now, most are either dead from fighting or under a watchful eye by guards.
Last edited by Noronica on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Noronica wrote:
Jahe Davmwoem wrote:Noronica, are you soon going to find the Lieutenant?

Yup, I'm just waiting to see when Covonant writes his entry, then we will be rounding up the former leaders. Right now, most are either dead from fighting or under a watchful eye by guards.

I will write it shortly after I finish my news post.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Jahe Davmwoem, sorry for the wait - the Lieutenant is now in the spotlight!

Also Covonant and Athara Magarat, I have asked to set up a meeting with both of your commanding officers in charge of operations in Base Mer.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Noronica wrote:Jahe Davmwoem, sorry for the wait - the Lieutenant is now in the spotlight!

Also Covonant and Athara Magarat, I have asked to set up a meeting with both of your commanding officers in charge of operations in Base Mer.

Alright, I replied. You can choose how to deal with him. He won't fight you, but won't want to be treated like the rest of the prisoners.

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Noronica wrote:Jahe Davmwoem, sorry for the wait - the Lieutenant is now in the spotlight!

My Rear Admiral will be well available. We can have it the former Arvanian command centre on the 'liberated' base Mer. I can Rp my involvement tomorrow which is Sunday for me, I assume late Sunday or early Monday for you.
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Cruxan forces would like to liberate Arvan and do what we can to sort out the crime that is rampant there.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:48 am

Cruxa wrote:Cruxan forces would like to liberate Arvan and do what we can to sort out the crime that is rampant there.

Hello, sorry I'm so late in replying - I was asleep.

Now, I think the RP seems to be at its critical amount of players as to have more nations in Arván would be too much. We already have a lot of nations participating on the side of Noronica while a few are against (discreetly). Noronica also has no prior connections to Cruxa, meaning it wouldn't realistically accept help from it until the two made connections.

If you really want to be involved, do you have an international crime organisation? If so, you could involve them in the RP with the human trafficking and black market?

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:49 am

Noronnica, do you want my guys to surrender or do you want them to engage in asymmetric warfare?
For Peace and Honor.

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:26 am

Noronica wrote:
Cruxa wrote:Cruxan forces would like to liberate Arvan and do what we can to sort out the crime that is rampant there.

Hello, sorry I'm so late in replying - I was asleep.

Now, I think the RP seems to be at its critical amount of players as to have more nations in Arván would be too much. We already have a lot of nations participating on the side of Noronica while a few are against (discreetly). Noronica also has no prior connections to Cruxa, meaning it wouldn't realistically accept help from it until the two made connections.

If you really want to be involved, do you have an international crime organisation? If so, you could involve them in the RP with the human trafficking and black market?

This is a good point. There is a group of radical terrorists who seceded from Cruxa and are trying to make it a theocracy. It would make sense that they're involved i the crime ring around Arvan.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Cruxa wrote:This is a good point. There is a group of radical terrorists who seceded from Cruxa and are trying to make it a theocracy. It would make sense that they're involved in the crime ring around Arvan.

What would their intentions be in Arván? Gaining black market weaponry to support their revolution? Also, I'm glad we could reach an alternative, I don't want to turn people away, I just want to ensure that we don't bulldoze Arván too easily.

Keomora wrote:Noronnica, do you want my guys to surrender or do you want them to engage in asymmetric warfare?

I would like to fight the Legion as it would help add more enemy dynamics in Arván. Would they stay for after the war (causing mayhem while Noronica tries to install order)? Or would they leave after seeing no point with their client gone?

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Noronica wrote:
Cruxa wrote:This is a good point. There is a group of radical terrorists who seceded from Cruxa and are trying to make it a theocracy. It would make sense that they're involved in the crime ring around Arvan.

What would their intentions be in Arván? Gaining black market weaponry to support their revolution? Also, I'm glad we could reach an alternative, I don't want to turn people away, I just want to ensure that we don't bulldoze Arván too easily.

Keomora wrote:Noronnica, do you want my guys to surrender or do you want them to engage in asymmetric warfare?

I would like to fight the Legion as it would help add more enemy dynamics in Arván. Would they stay for after the war (causing mayhem while Noronica tries to install order)? Or would they leave after seeing no point with their client gone?

Actually my intent was to defend and liberate Arvan from Noronican control. But this will do anyway. Yes, these terrorists are in need of human trafficking and black market weapons.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Cruxa wrote:Actually my intent was to defend and liberate Arván from Noronnican control. But this will do anyway. Yes, these terrorists are in need of human trafficking and black market weapons.

Ah! Sorry, I thought you wanted to aid Noronica. I am not sure about this stance as it is quite late in the war, but we could see what others think. The primary problem would be the fact that Noronica would then have to declare war on Cruxa which would in turn force the C6, Coalition, and Noronica's allies into the fold.

Also, you would ultimately fail as the only solid rule in this RP is that Noronica annexes Arván which means you can't liberate it, but you could attempt to.

For now, let's continue talks about your terrorist plan, but keep an open mind to your original plan.
Last edited by Noronica on Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Noronica wrote:
Cruxa wrote:Actually my intent was to defend and liberate Arván from Noronnican control. But this will do anyway. Yes, these terrorists are in need of human trafficking and black market weapons.

Ah! Sorry, I thought you wanted to aid Noronica. I am not sure about this stance as it is quite late in the war, but we could see what others think. The primary problem would be the fact that Noronica would then have to declare war on Cruxa which would in turn force the C6, Coalition, and Noronica's allies into the fold.

Also, you would ultimately fail as the only solid rule in this RP is that Noronica annexes Arván which means you can't liberate it, but you could attempt to.

For now, let's continue talks about your terrorist plan, but keep an open mind to your original plan.

Alright, that seems legit. I don't have the allies for a war against you, so I'll stick to my shady terrorists.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm

I'm going to make a post of them trying to surrender: wether or not you accept it is up to you. Who is the commander of allied forces in Arvan?
For Peace and Honor.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:20 am

Keomora wrote:I'm going to make a post of them trying to surrender: wether or not you accept it is up to you. Who is the commander of allied forces in Arvan?

We have no central commander established, so whoever the Legion is closest to - they could try to talk terms with them. If you want a Noronnican commander, come to Base Mer which is on the island north of the rest of Arván. Covonant, Athara Magarat and Noronica have taken the island and are now occupying it.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Important note everyone!

The message from the Keomoran Legion was posted to all military commanders in Arván (barring the Arvanan ones of course). What's everyone's IC decision?

Should we post this individually or shall I reflect everyone's decision through my next post? (If it's the latter, tell me in the OOC)

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:40 pm

We'll accept it. I can't see any reason not to.

Of the People, For the People

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Noronica wrote:Important note everyone!

The message from the Keomoran Legion was posted to all military commanders in Arván (barring the Arvanan ones of course). What's everyone's IC decision?

Should we post this individually or shall I reflect everyone's decision through my next post? (If it's the latter, tell me in the OOC)

Athara Magarat will accept this decision as well......cause there is high possibility that among the KFL, there are some Thakali (another Khas-Kirati tribe) personals from the island of Akar.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:07 am

I'm going to post that we accepted the surrender as I have received no objections. Also, what are people's feelings on the RP coming up to the penultimate stage where we begin clamping down on central government areas? I'm going to start moving onto the St. Recont region. I imagine that this is where most of the money is put into, so there will be relatively good defences and there will be a fight to take it down.

Any objections?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents