NATION

PASSWORD

Any Rock in a Storm (MT; OOC; Semi-open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:25 pm

No, I don't. Because that's what I consulted to go from "BC" to "Sabre-class battlecruiser", but that was as far as it could take me. I need something like "Fortune Class Monitor" to be able to find your ships in that factbook, not "CS" and "DC." That or I'm using the factbook wrong.

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:And Llama dude is over 3 billion people. His factbook is...

What

What?

I need you to give me something more solid if we're looking for grounds to exclude someone from this RP. Nobody's thrown me out of an RP for having silly factbooks yet (especially if I'm not using those factbooks in the RP), and I don't intend to start that practice.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:35 pm

Congreveopia wrote:

No, I don't. Because that's what I consulted to go from "BC" to "Sabre-class battlecruiser", but that was as far as it could take me. I need something like "Fortune Class Monitor" to be able to find your ships in that factbook, not "CS" and "DC." That or I'm using the factbook wrong.

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:And Llama dude is over 3 billion people. His factbook is...

What

What?

I need you to give me something more solid if we're looking for grounds to exclude someone from this RP. Nobody's thrown me out of an RP for having silly factbooks yet (especially if I'm not using those factbooks in the RP), and I don't intend to start that practice.

CS and DS are abbreviations. Like BB is for Battleship in the USA.
The beatings will continue. Regardless of morale.

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:Also, nominating DEN as ATLAS's Chef Ramses.
The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Die erworbenen Namen wrote:
Congreveopia wrote:No, I don't. Because that's what I consulted to go from "BC" to "Sabre-class battlecruiser", but that was as far as it could take me. I need something like "Fortune Class Monitor" to be able to find your ships in that factbook, not "CS" and "DC." That or I'm using the factbook wrong.

What?

Okay. So, I looked up the USA abbreviations, because that's what I assumed they were. CS is short for scout corvette, and DS doesn't exist. And that's what I was referencing when I said this:
Congreveopia wrote:...then a scout corvette and another corvette or maybe some kind of command destroyer? I'm not understanding the meaning of your ship designations.

I do not understand how to translate "CS" and "DS" into a description of your ships, and I don't understand what is stopping you from just saying something like "CS is the designation for [ship class]" and thereby resolving this whole confusion. What am I missing here?

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Congreveopia wrote:

Okay. So, I looked up the USA abbreviations, because that's what I assumed they were. CS is short for scout corvette, and DS doesn't exist. And that's what I was referencing when I said this:
Congreveopia wrote:...then a scout corvette and another corvette or maybe some kind of command destroyer? I'm not understanding the meaning of your ship designations.

I do not understand how to translate "CS" and "DS" into a description of your ships, and I don't understand what is stopping you from just saying something like "CS is the designation for [ship class]" and thereby resolving this whole confusion. What am I missing here?

NCC= Nuclear Carrier
CS= Cruiser
DS= Destroyer
BC= Battlecruiser

The United Remnants of America wrote:I'm collecting friends. Hate to say it, but you qualify.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Congreveopia wrote:Okay. So, I looked up the USA abbreviations, because that's what I assumed they were. CS is short for scout corvette, and DS doesn't exist. And that's what I was referencing when I said this:

NCC= Nuclear Carrier
CS= Cruiser
DS= Destroyer
BC= Battlecruiser

Okay. Thank you.

Follow up question, where are the descriptions of those ships? I see the Archer-class cruiser and the Sabre-class battlecruiser (and, of course, the Yorktown class carrier) in your factbook, but no destroyer.

Links:

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:19 am

The literal first entry is the Ranger class Destroyer.

Sorry about the confusion.

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:39 am

@Congrevopia I think 30-ish Fighter Craft can be made to work against the Namenian Carrier if we work out our shit properly. For this, it's highly important I believe that we stay in defence with the Air Force and try to bring down his aircraft with the use of Anti-Air (I can bring some of that too, if you like).

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:59 am

The Unified Isles wrote:@Congrevopia I think 30-ish Fighter Craft can be made to work against the Namenian Carrier if we work out our shit properly. For this, it's highly important I believe that we stay in defence with the Air Force and try to bring down his aircraft with the use of Anti-Air (I can bring some of that too, if you like).

This ain't discord, bud. :P

Exantos
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:36 am

The Unified Isles wrote:@Congrevopia I think 30-ish Fighter Craft can be made to work against the Namenian Carrier if we work out our shit properly. For this, it's highly important I believe that we stay in defence with the Air Force and try to bring down his aircraft with the use of Anti-Air (I can bring some of that too, if you like).

This ain't discord, bud. :P

Hey Den speaking of discord... :eyebrow:
Also I need your response to my earlier thing on the helicopters, because only a few of my ships will be able to carry the helicopters and they would be a very useful asset.
On a sidenote if they want to give us air superiority I'm all for that, and also United you do realize that if you are bringing anti-air vehicles in you'll have to drop other forces.
Last edited by Exantos on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."-Alfred Adler

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:04 am

Exantos wrote:
Die erworbenen Namen wrote:This ain't discord, bud. :P

Hey Den speaking of discord... :eyebrow:
Also I need your response to my earlier thing on the helicopters, because only a few of my ships will be able to carry the helicopters and they would be a very useful asset.
On a sidenote if they want to give us air superiority I'm all for that, and also United you do realize that if you are bringing anti-air vehicles in you'll have to drop other forces.

What helicopters do you want to use and how many of them do you want?

Exantos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:31 am

So I have Mi-24's, around 55 of them I think if my math is right. This is to support my ground troops, with fast insertion marines and I can probably take around 5 so I only need you to hold 50 if possible.

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Exantos wrote:So I have Mi-24's, around 55 of them I think if my math is right. This is to support my ground troops, with fast insertion marines and I can probably take around 5 so I only need you to hold 50 if possible.

No.

Absolutely, positively no.

I will not sacrifice the aerial capabilities of my super carrier to turn it into an over glorified helicopter carrier. Why even bring 55 Mi24s?

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:45 pm

If you're fine with taking on the carrier with 30 fighters, I'm not going to stand in your way. Just making sure you understood what you were doing.

As for anti-air, that would count against your total resources (an anti-air gun would probably be something like 2 air points). However, it's probably not a good idea for you to try and bring anti-air, because I've already got an anti-air battalion that should be able to cover the island pretty well, and you'd need to have an entirely new logistics branch to support the AA (so, while an random AA gun is about 2 air points, the first one would be more like 50 air points to cover the logistics needed to support anti-air forces). We'll likely be okay just using my AA to secure the island's air space; your fighters just need to worry about engaging DeN over the open ocean.

Links:

Exantos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Exantos » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Exantos wrote:So I have Mi-24's, around 55 of them I think if my math is right. This is to support my ground troops, with fast insertion marines and I can probably take around 5 so I only need you to hold 50 if possible.

No.

Absolutely, positively no.

I will not sacrifice the aerial capabilities of my super carrier to turn it into an over glorified helicopter carrier. Why even bring 55 Mi24s?

Yeah no I calculated it wrong, it's more like somewhere between 20 and 30. I'll see how many I can cut out by carrying them on my own ships.

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:23 am

Sorry about my absence, I am back, anyway, Cong, I plan on having one in a factbook but I have yet to get to it. So until the Visby will work great.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:47 am

Western Imperial Union wrote:Sorry about my absence, I am back, anyway, Cong, I plan on having one in a factbook but I have yet to get to it. So until the Visby will work great.

Okay. And the other two? I've been imaging the ASDS and some kind of stealth UH-60, but it's up to you what they actually are.

Also, I added DeN's and Unified Isles's ORBATs to the OP. Llamaopia, is yours finished or is it still WIP?
Last edited by Congreveopia on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Links:

Nauchrtenfield
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nauchrtenfield » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Nation Name: Nauchrtenfield
Nation demonym: Nauchrtenlandfreuider, Nauchrtener
Role you're applying for: Extra Redfor
ORBAT: 1st Maritime Mechanised Battalion & HQ+A Company 1 Maritime Armoured Battalion

• Bay-class landing ship (Armor)
    • Cargo
      • Maritime Armored Battalion HQ
      • Marine Armored Battalion A Company
      • Ammo and spare parts for the entire force
    • Craft
      • 1x LCU Mk. 10 (well deck)
      • 2x Mexeflote rafts (suspended from vessel flanks)
  • 2x Bay-class landing ship (Mechanized)
    • Cargo
      • (1/2) of Maritime Mechainized Battalion
    • Craft
      • 2x LCPV Mk 5 (well deck)
      • 5x Kamfbåt 90 (suspended by davits)
Standard trooper gear
Standard mechanized marine battalion
marine armour battalion
Visual representation of a typical squad + weapons
Visual representation of a infanterikanonvagn 1051
Visual representation of a Kampfvagn 401
Visual representation of a GF2
wiki to act as key, note that it is not fully up to date
Wiki 2

stats you asked for, and so you will recive

InfanteriKanonVagn 1051
Type Amphibious Light Tank
Place of origin Nauchrtenfield

Specifications

Weight 18 tonnes
Length 6.41 m
8.85 m (including gun)
Width 3.00 m
Height 2.32 m
Crew 4 (Gunner, Driver, Loader Commander)
Armor Secret (protects against 20 mm ordonance)(upgraded with applique armour upgrades this to 30-40mm ordonance)
Main armament Type 3 105mm High Pressure - Low Recoil cannon
Secondary armament
1 6.55 mm machine gun LMG5
Two Lyran 60 mm light grenade launchers (designed primarily to launch flares, but can launch other ordnance as well)
Engine Diesel NSM/NSE model TD 120 A, 4-step turbocharged straight six-cylinder, with a cylinder volume of 11.97 litres. Producing 330 hp at 2200 rpm
Power/weight 20.2 hp/tonne
Suspension Torsion beam suspension
Operational range 500 km
Speed 65 km/h (72km/h on roads) (14 hm/h Water)

kampfvagn 1051
Type Amphibious Armoured Personnel Carrier
Place of origin Nauchrtenfield/DEN

Specifications

Weight X tonnes
Length 8.76 m
Width 3.00 m
Height 3.15 m
Crew 3 (Gunner, Driver, Commander) + up to 12 Passengers(Nauchrtenfield variants only carry 10 seats)
Armor Secret (protects against 40 mm ordnance)
Main armament 40mm GMG
Secondary armament
2 6.55 mm machine gun LMG5
8 M250 Dischargers
Engine Diesel XXX variant from XX producing X hp at Y RPM
Power/weight Z hp/tonne
Operational range 500 km
Speed 65 km/h (72km/h on roads) (14 km/h in Water)

as you can see, it is still WIP, i hope that is ok, however the armour and weapons will not change, and the speed will only change slightly
(sorry to present such a bad stat block ^^)

GF 2
Type Amphibious Armoured Personnel Carrier
Place of origin Nauchrtenfield/

Specifications

Weight 5.0 tonnes (front car)
3.5 tonnes (rear car, APC version)
Length 7.6 m
Width 2.34 m
Height 2.2 m (front car)
2.1 m (rear car)
Crew driver + 4 passengers (front car), 8 passengers (rear car)
Armor Classified, Level 3+ STANAG 4569(4 from the front, 3 rest)
Main armament heavy machine gun in RWS mount
Secondary armament smoke grenade launchers (front), LMG 5 in ring mount
Engine Cummins 5.9 litre in-line six-cylinder turbocharged diesel 202 kW (275 hp)
Speed 65 km/h (roads) 5 km/h (water)

I think that was all
If i missed anything just let me know and ill address it once i wake up

Writing sample: can i be lazy and just repost the thing i wrote for entering the region?
0240, September 1st, 1914
Eastern border of Nauchrtenfield

The sound of artillery was everywhere, for four straight days it had been going on, it was friendly, but that did little when you tired to get some sleep. Karl looked around in the trench line, his men were tired, they wanted to rest, and they needed it. But they all looked determined, for some half a klick away the enemy hid, those that wanted to invade their land, such was simply unacceptable and the army had held the line now for two years. Command hoped that this would be the decisive penetration and breakthrough they needed to be able to encircle the hostile force, and as such all the men they could muster had been sent to the front, the occasion to honor, command had finally started handing out the new self-loading rifle, or well, it was called a rifle, but it had the length of a carbine, so it was not totally lost in the trenches. They looked much like the older Gewhär m97, except that it had a large box magazine holding 10 rounds, and that it lacked the bent bolt, instead having an enclosed self-loading mechanism. This would be the weapons trial by fire, even if extensive testing had been made since the first rifle left the conveyor belt in 1910.

Karl looked at his watch, it was about to strike twenty to three, he quickly made one last check of his gear, looking at the ten men he commanded, lined up neatly behind him he spoke quickly and silently "Equipment check", a small shuffling noise indicating this his men heard the order.

Before long the trench was lit up as the machine guns opened up, delivering plunging fire into the enemy trench. that was the signal, and Karl started to scurry up the ladder leading out of the trench, all around him men did the same, advanced towards the enemy with some speed, bayonets attached to their new weapons. thirty seconds later the machine gun fire lessened somewhat, as the guns started to alternate their fire to let the weapon cool some.

Suddenly the night was replaced by day, the friendly artillery had delivered flares right above the enemy lines, and in the hostile trench the attackers rushed to their stations, for they could now see the army of black and white clad soldiers advancing on their lines. The Nauchrtenlandfreuider not waiting on the enemy to do much started to charge forwards at full speed, letting out their famous battle cry "Vernichtung dez Fienderz" literally meaning "annihilate the enemy".

Karl where one of the first to reach the edge of the trench that the enemy hid in, or what was left of it, much of it had been turned to crates from the artillery, behind him his squad were also advancing, and soon they to jumped into the enemy trench line. They started to advance towards the north, where the sound of gunfire indicated some hostile lived. They moved quickly and with little sound, and soon they saw the entrance to a bunker that still stood, and the sound of MG fire indicated that the occupants did as well. Karl lined up towards the opening, he pulled up one of his stick-grenades, twisted the cap, counted to two and threw it into the bunker, four seconds later an echoing blast filled the bunker, and pieces of shrapnel came flying out the opening, into the trench wall opposite it. Karl and his squad charged in, seeing the sighted they had caused. Safe to say, the occupants were dead.

The combat would continue for another half an hour, before the newly created mechanized units of the army using their new trucks could penetrate into the rear of the enemy, cutting them of and encircling an entire army group. two months later the war was over, with Nauchrtenfield standing victorious.

updated and reposted app
would it also be ok if i brought in a company of light armour as well for support?
as a detachment to the battalion
Last edited by Nauchrtenfield on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Western Imperial Union wrote:Sorry about my absence, I am back, anyway, Cong, I plan on having one in a factbook but I have yet to get to it. So until the Visby will work great.

Okay. And the other two? I've been imaging the ASDS and some kind of stealth UH-60, but it's up to you what they actually are.

Also, I added DeN's and Unified Isles's ORBATs to the OP. Llamaopia, is yours finished or is it still WIP?

They were what I have in mind because my fact book is still in development/

Llamaopia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Llamaopia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:53 am

Llamaopia wrote:Just throwing up an app. ORBAT Will be updated soon.

Nation Name: Llamaopia
Nation demonym: Llamaopian
Role you're applying for: Tertiary BLUEFOR
ORBAT: WIP

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NOT HIM

I have seen his factbook and it makes me cringe violently. He sounds like a 14 year old who watched Babylon five and maybe read a quarter of a tom Clancy novel and thinks he knows military things.

No. Do not let him in.

Apologies about the factbook. That was written awhile ago. I don't know why you have such a violent reaction against me, seeing as we have role played together before without too much problems, but if you have other concerns, feel free to put them out.

Edit: Also, thanks for reminding me to go back and remodel my factbook. There are a lot of old things there.
Last edited by Llamaopia on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of Ravenforce

Building Complete
Full capacity of 400

Defcon:
1 - Total war
2 - Major involvement in war
3 - Minor involvement in war
4 - Potential for involvement in war
5 - Total peace

+ Llamas have big teeth to rip your F*@#ING throat out
+ Al Packas have fuzzy lips to gently nuzzle you to sleep
+ Llamas will charge after you if they smell food and fear
+ Al Packas amble along like the world is made of gumdrops
+ Llamas are vicious and evil
+ Al Packas are not vicious and evil

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:13 am

Llamaopia, accepted. That caterpillar drive is going to reduce your ship's noise underway by 80% (do remember that sound is an inverse square law, of course).

Nauchrtenfield wrote:
Nation Name: Nauchrtenfield
Nation demonym: Nauchrtenlandfreuider, Nauchrtener
Role you're applying for: Extra Redfor
ORBAT: 1st Maritime Mechanised Battalion(Strap in boys and girls)
Standard trooper gear
Standard mechanized battalion
i do not have a ORBAT for a Maritime battalion, but it would only be slightly different vehicles in use. Until i get one up, i hope that's ok
Visual representation of a typical squad + weapons(Not that IFV/APC is not included)
wiki to act as key, note that it is not fully up to date
Writing sample: can i be lazy and just repost the thing i wrote for entering the region?
0240, September 1st, 1914
Eastern border of Nauchrtenfield

The sound of artillery was everywhere, for four straight days it had been going on, it was friendly, but that did little when you tired to get some sleep. Karl looked around in the trench line, his men were tired, they wanted to rest, and they needed it. But they all looked determined, for some half a klick away the enemy hid, those that wanted to invade their land, such was simply unacceptable and the army had held the line now for two years. Command hoped that this would be the decisive penetration and breakthrough they needed to be able to encircle the hostile force, and as such all the men they could muster had been sent to the front, the occasion to honor, command had finally started handing out the new self-loading rifle, or well, it was called a rifle, but it had the length of a carbine, so it was not totally lost in the trenches. They looked much like the older Gewhär m97, except that it had a large box magazine holding 10 rounds, and that it lacked the bent bolt, instead having an enclosed self-loading mechanism. This would be the weapons trial by fire, even if extensive testing had been made since the first rifle left the conveyor belt in 1910.

Karl looked at his watch, it was about to strike twenty to three, he quickly made one last check of his gear, looking at the ten men he commanded, lined up neatly behind him he spoke quickly and silently "Equipment check", a small shuffling noise indicating this his men heard the order.

Before long the trench was lit up as the machine guns opened up, delivering plunging fire into the enemy trench. that was the signal, and Karl started to scurry up the ladder leading out of the trench, all around him men did the same, advanced towards the enemy with some speed, bayonets attached to their new weapons. thirty seconds later the machine gun fire lessened somewhat, as the guns started to alternate their fire to let the weapon cool some.

Suddenly the night was replaced by day, the friendly artillery had delivered flares right above the enemy lines, and in the hostile trench the attackers rushed to their stations, for they could now see the army of black and white clad soldiers advancing on their lines. The Nauchrtenlandfreuider not waiting on the enemy to do much started to charge forwards at full speed, letting out their famous battle cry "Vernichtung dez Fienderz" literally meaning "annihilate the enemy".

Karl where one of the first to reach the edge of the trench that the enemy hid in, or what was left of it, much of it had been turned to crates from the artillery, behind him his squad were also advancing, and soon they to jumped into the enemy trench line. They started to advance towards the north, where the sound of gunfire indicated some hostile lived. They moved quickly and with little sound, and soon they saw the entrance to a bunker that still stood, and the sound of MG fire indicated that the occupants did as well. Karl lined up towards the opening, he pulled up one of his stick-grenades, twisted the cap, counted to two and threw it into the bunker, four seconds later an echoing blast filled the bunker, and pieces of shrapnel came flying out the opening, into the trench wall opposite it. Karl and his squad charged in, seeing the sighted they had caused. Safe to say, the occupants were dead.

The combat would continue for another half an hour, before the newly created mechanized units of the army using their new trucks could penetrate into the rear of the enemy, cutting them of and encircling an entire army group. two months later the war was over, with Nauchrtenfield standing victorious.

updated and reposted app
would it also be ok if i brought in a company of light armour as well for support?
as a detachment to the battalion

This all looks excellent, and a light armor company is fine. Just don't forget you'll need some kind of ship to transport you across the ocean to reach this island. Let me know once your ORBAT is all finished.

Links:

Die Erworbenen Namen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Die Erworbenen Namen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:52 am

Llamaopia wrote:
Die erworbenen Namen wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
NOT HIM

I have seen his factbook and it makes me cringe violently. He sounds like a 14 year old who watched Babylon five and maybe read a quarter of a tom Clancy novel and thinks he knows military things.

No. Do not let him in.

Apologies about the factbook. That was written awhile ago. I don't know why you have such a violent reaction against me, seeing as we have role played together before without too much problems, but if you have other concerns, feel free to put them out.

Edit: Also, thanks for reminding me to go back and remodel my factbook. There are a lot of old things there.

I already talked to Cong and conceded. Should've said something here. Sorry.

Nauchrtenfield
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nauchrtenfield » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:05 pm

and updated the app

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Nauchrtenfield wrote:and updated the app

Those vehicle drawings are lovely.

However, I do have some concerns. Firstly, two battalions is big for the extra REDFOR component, especially given the ships you'll need to move it (well over 3, unless you're using civilian cargo ships, which can be absolutely colossal). I think you should reduce it to one, either by dropping a battalion or consolidating them.

Secondly, I do need a description of all the vehicles listed, to avoid confusion later. The ones that I see that missing for are the Kamfbat 90, the Kamfbat 402, and the Amphibious Assault Ships (which, if you are planning a on moving a lot of vehicles with, as it looks like you are, I can recommend the Bay-class landing ships).

Links:

Nauchrtenfield
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nauchrtenfield » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:17 am

Congreveopia wrote:
Nauchrtenfield wrote:and updated the app

Those vehicle drawings are lovely.

However, I do have some concerns. Firstly, two battalions is big for the extra REDFOR component, especially given the ships you'll need to move it (well over 3, unless you're using civilian cargo ships, which can be absolutely colossal). I think you should reduce it to one, either by dropping a battalion or consolidating them.

Secondly, I do need a description of all the vehicles listed, to avoid confusion later. The ones that I see that missing for are the Kamfbat 90, the Kamfbat 402, and the Amphibious Assault Ships (which, if you are planning a on moving a lot of vehicles with, as it looks like you are, I can recommend the Bay-class landing ships).

oh, sorry if my orbat is not clear, i asked if i could bring some armour as well, and you said i could
i am only bringing the HQ company and A Company out of the armour battalion, if that's still to much just say so and ill remove it fully
the kampfbåt90 is this to be used mostly for light and fast transport
and unfortunately i do not have a final picture of the KV402, this one is VIP still but should serve to give a basic idea

as for the naval stuff, i thought 3 would be sufficient, i am not well versed in naval war, and will gladly accept your suggestion and thoughts?
Last edited by Nauchrtenfield on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Nauchrtenfield wrote:oh, sorry if my orbat is not clear, i asked if i could bring some armour as well, and you said i could
i am only bringing the HQ company and A Company out of the armour battalion, if that's still to much just say so and ill remove it fully

Ah, I didn't see that you were just bringing A company and the HQ. That's an okay size. Having two HQs at the top of your command chain is a bit unconventional, but I won't prevent you from doing it.

Nauchrtenfield wrote:the kampfbåt90 is this to be used mostly for light and fast transport
and unfortunately i do not have a final picture of the KV402, this one is VIP still but should serve to give a basic idea

Kampfbat 90 looks fine. It needs a host ship to travel across an ocean, but I'll describe my suggestion for that in a moment. As for the KV402, I don't need a picture, but I would like a couple of key stats: armor (in terms of what caliber of ammo it can resist), is it amphibious, how many troops it can carry, and its speeds (road, offroad, and swimming if amphibious). Come to think of it, I'd like those stats for the 1051 too.

Nauchrtenfield wrote:as for the naval stuff, i thought 3 would be sufficient, i am not well versed in naval war, and will gladly accept your suggestion and thoughts?

Happy to help!

Here's my recommendation:
  • Bay-class landing ship (Armor)
    • Cargo
      • Maritime Armored Battalion HQ
      • Marine Armored Battalion A Company
      • Ammo and spare parts for the entire force
    • Craft
      • 1x LCU Mk. 10 (well deck)
      • 2x Mexeflote rafts (suspended from vessel flanks)
  • 2x Bay-class landing ship (Mechanized)
    • Cargo
      • (1/2) of Maritime Mechainized Battalion
    • Craft
      • 2x LCPV Mk 5 (well deck)
      • 5x Kamfbåt 90 (suspended by davits)

This does have some drawbacks (listed below), but I think it's a pretty good option all things considered. Amphibious landings are hard.
  • The logistics company and their supplies are stored on two different ships. That's going to be a bit confusing, but it's better than storing a combat company and their vehicles on two different ships.
  • The Bay-class ships for the Mechanized troops are in "overload" configuration to store all the soldiers, so the voyage will be a bit draining, and your troops won't be in ideal shape for the landing. Unfortunate, but there's not much you can do about this short of sending more ships.
  • Unless the KV402 is amphibious, you don't have enough boats to land more than 175 soldiers per ship per wave. Again, that won't really improve without bigger ships.
  • The armor is going to be even slower to unload. Only two vehicles of the size I think the 1051 is will fit on the LCU Mk.10. The Mexeflote rafts can take more, but they're not built to land at a contested beach, so you have to secure a landing site first.

Links:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents