NATION

PASSWORD

Elprus General Discussion Thread [OOC, MEMBERS ONLY]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Saunrea
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Elprus General Discussion Thread [OOC, MEMBERS ONLY]

Postby Saunrea » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:33 pm

General discussion thread for members of the MT, open-world roleplaying region, Elprus, concerning canon-building and roleplay planning, especially for those who can not use or access the regional Discord chat.

To join Elprus, apply at the sign-ups thread.
Saunrea: Fascist pseudo-China/DPRK. Under comprehensive national renovation.

Federated Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:46 am

this is also for complex discussion where everyone needs to see it and stuff like that

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Elprus.png

here's sophia louisa's route through elprus
U N I T E DK I N G D O M S
of
???, ???, ???, & ???

?
?
?

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:54 am

Federated Kingdom wrote:this is also for complex discussion where everyone needs to see it and stuff like that

How do they expect to visit both Kas and Oros? Not really good way to leave good impression in either of them if you visited a hated enemy of theirs before or after.

Also, I have an alternative plan if Saunrea really isn't a destination of point.

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:55 am

Also, should we have regional sports games?

Federated Kingdom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:57 am

Saunrea wrote:
Federated Kingdom wrote:this is also for complex discussion where everyone needs to see it and stuff like that

How do they expect to visit both Kas and Oros? Not really good way to leave good impression in either of them if you visited a hated enemy of theirs before or after.

Also, I have an alternative plan if Saunrea really isn't a destination of point.

albisles are too republican they'll have to skip them
Last edited by Federated Kingdom on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
of
???, ???, ???, & ???

?
?
?

Federated Kingdom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:58 am

Saunrea wrote:Also, should we have regional sports games?

yes

bica will have the best performance-enhancing drugs

geiselstadt for elprus olympics 2008 (ripping off beijing olympics)
of
???, ???, ???, & ???

?
?
?

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:00 am

Federated Kingdom wrote:
Saunrea wrote:How do they expect to visit both Kas and Oros? Not really good way to leave good impression in either of them if you visited a hated enemy of theirs before or after.

albisles are too republican they'll have to skip them

Okay then.

Federated Kingdom wrote:
Saunrea wrote:Also, should we have regional sports games?

yes

I'm more excited about 'Bican Delphinstadt' (Chinese Taipei) appearing tbh.

Federated Kingdom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:04 am

Saunrea wrote:
Federated Kingdom wrote:albisles are too republican they'll have to skip them

Okay then.

Federated Kingdom wrote:yes

I'm more excited about 'Bican Delphinstadt' (Chinese Taipei) appearing tbh.

also they're the cromwells not the parsons (royal family)

olympic opening ceremony will include a live broadcast of the nukes being launched at schoninsel
of
???, ???, ???, & ???

?
?
?

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:07 am

Federated Kingdom wrote:olympic opening ceremony will include a live broadcast of the nukes being launched at schoninsel

and the immediate simultaneous nuclear obliteration of Geiselstadt and the rest of the region

Herschovinja
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Herschovinja » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:08 am

third parti strollin bi
This nation represents my political views.

Federated Kingdom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:09 am

Saunrea wrote:
Federated Kingdom wrote:olympic opening ceremony will include a live broadcast of the nukes being launched at schoninsel

and the immediate simultaneous nuclear obliteration of Geiselstadt and the rest of the region

mmhmmm okay siggy

i'll nuke yelton
Last edited by Federated Kingdom on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
of
???, ???, ???, & ???

?
?
?

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:10 am

Federated Kingdom wrote:
Saunrea wrote:and the immediate simultaneous nuclear obliteration of Geiselstadt and the rest of the region

mmhmmm okay siggy

i'll nuke yelton

Yelton is a rural village located in the middle of the mountains, comprising a commune populated by 142 citizens. Not really a valuable target.

Federated Kingdom
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:10 am

Saunrea wrote:
Federated Kingdom wrote:mmhmmm okay siggy

i'll nuke yelton

Yelton is a rural village located in the middle of the mountains, comprising a commune populated by 142 citizens. Not really a valuable target.

okay yulton or whatever it's called

but i'll nuke yelton anyways
of
???, ???, ???, & ???

?
?
?

Kontinovad
Secretary

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kontinovad » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:45 am

Shiggy doo.

Also quick reference for the noobs

Renovationism = Fix the institution and respect it heavily
>Tradition, Nationalism, Romanticism, maybe Fascism
>Aesthetic usually goes for something stripped classical, romanticist

Futurism = Just destroy them smh it fucking sucks we can replace it with something better.
>Modernism, Technocracy, Progressivism, sometimes Totalitarianism
>Aesthetic is usually very modern, constructivist, sometimes uniform

Pick your poison.
Last edited by Kontinovad on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
COMMUNION-STATE OF KONTINOVAD
Xi Jinping watches The Conformist and goes mad in the process

Come to Aeia!

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Also keep in mind renovationism produces a 'national solution' appropriate to where it is applied as the primary method of saving that nation and its constituents; the production of this solution requires evaluation, analysis and reference of a nation's state, people, national spirit (culture, religion, etc.), past, future and determination (hexagon of renovationism, reasoning behind six-point star on Saunrea's national emblem). Usually the national solution is a reactionary totalitarian state but in other cases, if the culture can be preserved like that, it can be a bit more liberal (see Schoeninsel/Free Bica).

If neither the national solution or the evaluation and analysis of the Hexagon is done then it's just plain generic fascism.
Last edited by Saunrea on Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ozena
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozena » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:42 pm

I figured I'd tag the GD thread at long last. I'm planning to step into the Mandakh-Timuri War as soon as I can make sense of the political forces at play. I'm thinking it'll involve Princess Milawsha Yagates traveling over mountains like a modern day Hannibal Barca on a personal quest for glory. The world needs more brutal warrior princesses. I'm just filling that need.

Akiramori
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Akiramori » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Some possible RP Threads to test for interest.

Boulea on the Edge - Terrorists bomb a film festival in South Boulea. Various groups point fingers at each other, and as tensions rise, South Boulea activates its pact with the Typhoon Islands Partnership, and TIP sends ground forces to reinforce the border. This sets off Renovationists in one of the other Bouleas, and unaligned factions in one of the others. Spies may attempt to set conditions for a devastating war to undermine one faction or another.

Kessler's Dagger - A satellite launched by Akiramori is discovered to be an anti-satellite weapons platform by foreign intelligence services. As this has the potential to render Low Earth Orbit unusable if actually activated, they work to get of it, either overtly or covertly. Simultaneously, other space things may be happening.

Death of a Diplomat - A senior Albisles diplomat is killed at an international conference in an area managed by the Elprus UN - only whose responsibility security is is not clearly defined. Nations rush to find who was responsible and/or frame each other for it.

Three Hands - Anti-Semitic Muslim Nationalists join with Anarcho-Communist White Supremacists and Trans-Exclusionary Radical Lesbian Separatist Feminists, all of which are Eco-terrorists, to form a joint terrorist organization bent destabilizing the global order so that they can take advantage of the resulting chaos and undermine the power of the global ruling class. An actually clever series of terror plots unfolds across every nation, testing the limits of every nation's security forces. As paranoia builds, the world comes to the brink of war.
Futurism is Movement
Democracy, Technocracy, Forests, Nuclear Power, Genetic Social Engineering, Tropical Beaches.
Greater Technocratic Akiramori [MT/MT+], Elprus
"The past is a foreign country."
Single-Sex Dystopias, Corporation-Policed Steppes, French-Japanese Business Communists, Feminist North Korea, Manocratic Wrestleocracy, and former French Colonials with way too much Wine.

Ozena
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozena » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:18 pm

I like Death of a Diplomat, but I feel like we still need to do a lot of world-building. Boulea on the Edge sounds cool too, but it makes no real sense for a nation like mine to be overly involved in a foreign war or crisis of that sort. We can barely manage to keep a lid on local affairs just over the border.

As it happens, I'm planning a coronation role-play soon, with much drama to follow.
Last edited by Ozena on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:44 am

Ozena wrote:I figured I'd tag the GD thread at long last. I'm planning to step into the Mandakh-Timuri War as soon as I can make sense of the political forces at play. I'm thinking it'll involve Princess Milawsha Yagates traveling over mountains like a modern day Hannibal Barca on a personal quest for glory. The world needs more brutal warrior princesses. I'm just filling that need.

Meanwhile I'm market gardening Timurbataar in literally one of the largest paratrooper maneuvers in modern history (certainly, it has been dwarfed by summerites and NS pop users before), while assaulting all of his eastern coastal cities with elite naval infantry formations, using the coastal cities and the capital city as terms and conditions for peace. Kek

Sharko, please post. We need to conclude the bridge battle now.

Akiramori wrote:-snip-

The uses of 'the world' here seems to imply too much we're a closed-world region, but that's not really relevant. An 'Elprus UN', like a community of nations in the region?

I can see Kessler still being a threat to the area immediately above regional space, and Saunrea is to launch a manned satellite at the end of the year, so no. 2 definitely has my interest. Bitra to the works.

Boulea has my interest. Renovationists will probably coup the Leninist Boulea since Maoist Boulea can't be cracked from within.

Kontinovad
Secretary

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kontinovad » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:19 am

I'm still outlining Futurism and its current place in Elprus.

Saunrea wrote:Renovationists will probably coup the Leninist Boulea since Maoist Boulea can't be cracked from within.

Ey fam u said we were friends before until some time later could Tanhari be a disillusioned Futurist then
COMMUNION-STATE OF KONTINOVAD
Xi Jinping watches The Conformist and goes mad in the process

Come to Aeia!

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Kontinovad wrote:
Saunrea wrote:Renovationists will probably coup the Leninist Boulea since Maoist Boulea can't be cracked from within.

Ey fam u said we were friends before until some time later could Tanhari be a disillusioned Futurist then

uh its just the pariah states being friends

i am sure kimmy isn't a twelver shia fanatic

Aztlanypan
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aztlanypan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:26 pm

Are we using IIwiki as a base for factbooks or NS itself?

Aztlanypan
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aztlanypan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:30 pm

On another note, I'm looking for an industrial power that would have modernized Aztlanypan in the mid to late 1800s. Sort of Japanese meiji restoration style.

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Aztlanypan wrote:Are we using IIwiki as a base for factbooks or NS itself?

You can choose whichever you are comfortable with. I use gameside since I have a tendency to leave iiwiki articles incomplete.

Saunrea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saunrea » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:19 pm

also friendly reminder to post on our news thread to indicate your nation actually exists

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents