NATION

PASSWORD

Jihadists Advance in Jaf Region (MT) (OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zevretin
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zevretin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:32 pm

Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:
Zevretin wrote:
If you work with al-Kabaab and drive toward Wahdabad, the war is over. I am fine with winning or losing, although I would prefer not to lose my current government (meaning I could formally surrender and offer negotiations, and allow spoils).

How about evacuating at the Imperial Airbase? As the front is really close to the capital and it will make it a short RP?

I'm talking in the relatively distant future. I'm hoping for several more pages of good RP before giving up entirely, so everyone can get into the action. I'll also try to open up new fronts as well at some point.
Last edited by Zevretin on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aesdire
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aesdire » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:44 pm

I'd like to join in.
also known as "Aestadriu"

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:29 am

Zevretin wrote:
Macedonian Grand Empire wrote:
How about evacuating at the Imperial Airbase? As the front is really close to the capital and it will make it a short RP?

I'm talking in the relatively distant future. I'm hoping for several more pages of good RP before giving up entirely, so everyone can get into the action. I'll also try to open up new fronts as well at some point.

I need targets for the B2 bombers.
NSG Senate
Senator Branko Aleksic Deputy leader of the REFORM party

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:27 pm

I really do "Like" the way Caesopium did not notice or chose not to notice the following

The Manar front was attacked by aircraft. No mention of it any way.
The B-52 DO NOT fly low in order to carped bomb. They fly high and just drop the bombs.
Good luck sneeking by an airbase that is filled to the brim with Aircraft and the like. Not to mention satellite cover and the like.
And least but not last there are 6 F-35 that are tasked with blowing up the S-200. The moment its radar goes online it is done for.
NSG Senate

Heldoria
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Heldoria » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:42 pm

look, people make bad RPs. I apparently lost a Brigade sized force hours after their mission was finished, even though technically they wouldn`t stay there. It happens, go with the flow. Cesopium did what they did, Christoslavaia ignored my use of gas munitions. it`s uncoordinated, but its a good RP to help others learn on.

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Heldoria wrote:look, people make bad RPs. I apparently lost a Brigade sized force hours after their mission was finished, even though technically they wouldn`t stay there. It happens, go with the flow. Cesopium did what they did, Christoslavaia ignored my use of gas munitions. it`s uncoordinated, but its a good RP to help others learn on.

They would learn unless they are not called out on it. But my men are not incompetent in order to fly B-52 in low flight... Carped bombing is done from an altitude...There are planes sent to deal with the SAM's as the commander is not an idiot...
In a single post he made my entire army 3th rate...
NSG Senate

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:38 pm

Heldoria wrote:look, people make bad RPs. I apparently lost a Brigade sized force hours after their mission was finished, even though technically they wouldn`t stay there. It happens, go with the flow. Cesopium did what they did, Christoslavaia ignored my use of gas munitions. it`s uncoordinated, but its a good RP to help others learn on.

Oh my god i'm so sorry i didn't see it, seriously no sarcasm my apologies
THE ETERNAL EMPIRE OF CHRISTOSLAVIA
This country is no longer a totalitarian nightmare version of my rl views
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08
IATA Member

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Christoslavia wrote:

Oh my god i'm so sorry i didn't see it, seriously no sarcasm my apologies

ok reading back through it the gas attack wasn't too terribly clear but still my apologies
IATA Member

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:59 pm

I'd like to second this; many of us haven't served, so we would not know the exact little details. In addition to that, it's quite confusing with all the factions involved. Nevertheless this has progressed well, and I don't think we should discourage anyone and get bogged down by little details. Let's keep this up :)
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Cesopium
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cesopium » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:53 pm

I am sorry for any errors that I make as I tend to overlook details when I only make one post per day against about 9 others that prop up one after another. I will explain my rationale behind a few things:

3rd Battalion passed by Imperial AFB:At time I wrote this up I at the moment had literally forgotten the only person who had propped up there, probably from some prior conflict so my bad there. That owner is the Macedonian Grand Empire Feel free to take the chance to flank them while they are fighting in a city as it easy to tell that you possess enough firepower and weaponry to blow 760 some men to bits.

Assumed Carpetbombing with B-52s:With 6 B-52s flying at a high altitude say as for example 40,000 Ft, carrying some 70,000 lb of ordinance in each load. Even if it's not carpet bombing you must also realize that with that much bombs, it is safe to say the entire front of the forces attacking Nasir AFB has been reduced to something not since seen the Mines exploding at the Battle of Somme more than a hundred years ago. For a good number let's say the attacking force of what's left of the Cesopiumians and accompanying militants has been constantly been decreasing and is probably down to 330 as a estimate from the original 800 and religious militia. The numbers constantly decreasing has somewhat been acknowledged and the idea of running into enemy trenches as the Legionnaires and soldiers become more and more desperate they hope that at least some of the bombs take some of them with them.

S-200 System:S-200s in themselves can reach at peak Mach 8, while the CAP deployed to deal with them can only at peak themselves around Mach 1.6. As they are just aerial weapon platforms, from a realistic standpoint stopping them cannot simply happen at this point with a mobile air weapon platform with the air-to-air missiles the F-35 Lightning is armed with:

S-200:5,600 mph, Peak speed of Mach 8, Max target speed of Mach 4
AIM-120 AMRAAM:3,045 mph, Top speed of Mach 4.
AIM-9 Sidewinder: Top speed of Mach 2.5+
IRIS-T:Top speed of Mach 3
Meteor:Top speed is over Mach 4.
F-35 Lightning II:Top speed is Mach 1.6+(1,200 mph)

As they have already been launched into the air they will most likely not be able to be impeded unless you find some other method to do so. Even if they do hit the B-52s you can still allow the crew to survive and just let that be the end of it. Of course now that said missiles are fired the S-200 system and accompanying artillery in that camp will be destroyed.

Evaluation:
With all of this observed, it may be within the reason to say that the contingent of Cesopium may be lost entirely in this conflict if all of these operations fail due to overwhelming firepower and sheer numbers of the nations aiding the government with the units within the war in such status:
1st Battalion(Garrisoned in Aizdihar, Lost in Nitaq and the Strategical Value of Saqqaf International Airport was lost.Down to 350 Men.Air Support destroyed.)
2nd Battalion(Currently being eradicated by all sorts of aircraft in an assault on Nasir AFB. 240 men at estimate.Air Support destroyed)
3rd Battalion(Gutsy attack to seize Wahdabad, currently in a siege on the capital. Originally assaulted Textile Complex from Manar. 758 Men. Air Support intact)

Though their has been some metagaming, which is suspected and myself have probably done so in this roleplay at least at some point so far, this RP has gone well considering what these roleplays become half the time(ICBMs and Modern-Futuristic Laser Guns). I hope we all learn something from this experience, be it good or bad.

It has been a fun time RPing with you all throughout this conflict, and hope we may reach a good conclusion.

Cornithium
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cornithium » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:16 pm

After seeing the dramatic losses on Cesopium's side, perhaps we should have an OOC status update? Just so that we can understand exactly how many troops are remaining on either side?

For the FRC, we have a grand total of 0 casualties (yay) due to the limited engagement that has been seen involving Cornithian forces.

There are currently 10 FRC B-1 Lancers entering the fray, with 7 to Manar and 3 to Nitaq. This is also in combination with the 3 F-16's already at the AFB. This totals to around ~43ish total Cornithian personnel within Zevretin.
http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Cornithium

It's Cornithium, not Corinthium. And Cornithian, not Corinthian!

The Federated Republic of Cornithium
Population: 485 Million, Military: 3.6 Million

User Information: Age 15, Libertarian, HS Junior

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:16 am

Cesopium wrote:I am sorry for any errors that I make as I tend to overlook details when I only make one post per day against about 9 others that prop up one after another. I will explain my rationale behind a few things:

3rd Battalion passed by Imperial AFB:At time I wrote this up I at the moment had literally forgotten the only person who had propped up there, probably from some prior conflict so my bad there. That owner is the Macedonian Grand Empire Feel free to take the chance to flank them while they are fighting in a city as it easy to tell that you possess enough firepower and weaponry to blow 760 some men to bits.

Assumed Carpetbombing with B-52s:With 6 B-52s flying at a high altitude say as for example 40,000 Ft, carrying some 70,000 lb of ordinance in each load. Even if it's not carpet bombing you must also realize that with that much bombs, it is safe to say the entire front of the forces attacking Nasir AFB has been reduced to something not since seen the Mines exploding at the Battle of Somme more than a hundred years ago. For a good number let's say the attacking force of what's left of the Cesopiumians and accompanying militants has been constantly been decreasing and is probably down to 330 as a estimate from the original 800 and religious militia. The numbers constantly decreasing has somewhat been acknowledged and the idea of running into enemy trenches as the Legionnaires and soldiers become more and more desperate they hope that at least some of the bombs take some of them with them.

S-200 System:S-200s in themselves can reach at peak Mach 8, while the CAP deployed to deal with them can only at peak themselves around Mach 1.6. As they are just aerial weapon platforms, from a realistic standpoint stopping them cannot simply happen at this point with a mobile air weapon platform with the air-to-air missiles the F-35 Lightning is armed with:

S-200:5,600 mph, Peak speed of Mach 8, Max target speed of Mach 4
AIM-120 AMRAAM:3,045 mph, Top speed of Mach 4.
AIM-9 Sidewinder: Top speed of Mach 2.5+
IRIS-T:Top speed of Mach 3
Meteor:Top speed is over Mach 4.
F-35 Lightning II:Top speed is Mach 1.6+(1,200 mph)

As they have already been launched into the air they will most likely not be able to be impeded unless you find some other method to do so. Even if they do hit the B-52s you can still allow the crew to survive and just let that be the end of it. Of course now that said missiles are fired the S-200 system and accompanying artillery in that camp will be destroyed.

Evaluation:
With all of this observed, it may be within the reason to say that the contingent of Cesopium may be lost entirely in this conflict if all of these operations fail due to overwhelming firepower and sheer numbers of the nations aiding the government with the units within the war in such status:
1st Battalion(Garrisoned in Aizdihar, Lost in Nitaq and the Strategical Value of Saqqaf International Airport was lost.Down to 350 Men.Air Support destroyed.)
2nd Battalion(Currently being eradicated by all sorts of aircraft in an assault on Nasir AFB. 240 men at estimate.Air Support destroyed)
3rd Battalion(Gutsy attack to seize Wahdabad, currently in a siege on the capital. Originally assaulted Textile Complex from Manar. 758 Men. Air Support intact)

Though their has been some metagaming, which is suspected and myself have probably done so in this roleplay at least at some point so far, this RP has gone well considering what these roleplays become half the time(ICBMs and Modern-Futuristic Laser Guns). I hope we all learn something from this experience, be it good or bad.

It has been a fun time RPing with you all throughout this conflict, and hope we may reach a good conclusion.

The way the S-200 locks is a Radar lock. In order to do that it needs to activate its radar. The moment its radar comes online the F-35 will fire at it. That is their mission. Once a SAM is launched your only hope is chaff. In order to break its radar lock. Also in case it is not covered the moment it is spoted the launcher will be fired at it. That is the main point.

As for the 3th battalion its air support was attacked by F-22 raptors. There is NO CHANCE whats so ever that an Mil 28 can survive against an air superiority fighter like the raptor.
As for the people that attack was made against its column as well. But ok. We will redirect to the capital.
NSG Senate

Zevretin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevretin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:30 am

Just read through all the posts discussing the IC thread- I must agree that it's been a good RP so far, despite discrepancies. There have in fact been a couple instances of metagaming, some of which occurred on my part (though I did it like I was anticipating a potential attack), so for that I apologize. Considering how many nations have been involved (and the fact that this is an open RP), we have managed to keep this together pretty well. I think updates would be in order, as well, so we can get a handle on the situation with troop movements and the conclusion.

Zevriti Military Casualty Count + Conflict Information

Overall Military Pop: 750,000
Zevriti National Army: 500,000
Zevriti National Air Force: 225,000
Zevriti Republican Guard: 25,000

Casualties Sustained Prior to Foreign Intervention: 1,300

Casualties Sustained Following Foreign Intervention: 1,007
Casualties Sustained at Saqqaf Int'l: 250
Casualties Sustained at Textile Complex: 123
Casualties Sustained in Northern Zevretin: 500
Casualties Sustained in Old Wahdabad: 134 (Ongoing)

Casualties Overall: 2,307

----------------------------------

Vehicles Lost: 211

x37 BMP-1's
x29 BTR-80's
x55 BTR-60's
x13 BRDM-2's
x6 UAZ-469's
x25 T-72's
x32 Ural-4320's
x4 GAZ Nimrs
x2 Su-22's
x8 Mi-24's
Last edited by Zevretin on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:33 am

I guess I should have put casualties in this forum but I put it in the ic forum my bad
IATA Member

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Agreed, it has been a great run, perhaps we should tie it up with a ceasefire and negotiations soon, and continue if people wish in a second episode. As for al-Kabaab I don't mind whether we end up gaining some territory for the Martyrs or are completely chased out.

Status of al-Kabaab forces
- main force withdrawing from Wahdabad, with ca 200 men remaining in a defensive perimeter in the old city center
Casualties
- ca 350 total
- current fighting strength ca 800
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Macedonian Grand Empire
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Macedonian Grand Empire » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:34 pm

The imperial commander will demand the full unconditional surrender to every single unit attacking NACER AFB in order to agree to the ceasefire.
NSG Senate

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Love your posts, Glamour, even if your concept is a bit alien, but I can't judge.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Murovanka wrote:Love your posts, Glamour, even if your concept is a bit alien, but I can't judge.

Agreed, I love the attention to detail
IATA Member

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:10 pm

We're just waiting for Zevretin to return and wrap this up... we can expect an end to the conflict, I believe.
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Zevretin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevretin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:45 am

I'm back. I am in the process of writing upcoming posts now.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents