NATION

PASSWORD

The San Javier Conflict (OOC | TWI ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

The San Javier Conflict (OOC | TWI ONLY)

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:51 am

The San Javier Conflict

Background
Information on San Javier Found Here

For the past 40 years, the tiny island nation of San Javier has been torn apart by conflict. The forces of the Presidential Republic, the alleged central government of the nation, are spread thin fighting almost a dozen other forces, and defense of the capitol takes up the majority of their forces. Communist rebels occupy the mountains, while right-wing paramilitary groups and powerful drug cartels roam the interior, controlling swaths of San Javier as their own personal kingdoms. Despite the potential of the resources of the island, from its agricultural potential to its untapped oil reserves, foreign governments have mostly kept their distance.

Following a recent announcement by the Atnaian government that proved they were involved in the early days of the conflict and may have armed not only the Congressional Army, but also paramilitary groups and drug cartels, Atnaia's new Hegemonic regime announced their intent to right wrongs through direct military involvement. Meanwhile, Kemora has also turned its attention towards the island nation. It seems that foreign attention has once again turned to the easily overlooked island, with their opposing interests likely to clash.

The RP and Rules

The goal of this RP is to wind up being a bit of a screwed-up mess of a war, a sort of proxy war mixed with a whole hell of a lot of moral ambiguity. No one is really in the right here, after all. Every side has made horrible human rights abuses over the past half century. While an element of the RP will be clandestine, it should be very clear that the intent of the RP is an asymmetrical military endeavor with a lot of sides. Everyone should be very clear about what their goals and interests are. If you don't have a strong motivator to be involved, don't. The only way this gets as dramatic as I hope for is if people are very forceful about their interests. "Just helping the communists" isn't a goal: re-establishing the communist rule is. Sending weapons to the paramilitaries isn't a goal: ensuring a powerful, right-wing military regime is. Go big or go home.

Standard TWI Rules apply here. If you have any questions, just ask. Naturally, the main rule is permission permission permission. Please discuss everything major here first. I like surprises, I don't like having the rug pulled out from underneath.

The Sides

The sides are, vaguely, as follows:

The sides go more specific in the above dispatch on San Javier. Read it first, please. Even within each side, there is conflict and disagreement.

Participants and Their Goals

Atnaia: Publicly, Atnaia's goal is to recreate stability in San Javier and to make up for their mistakes that exacerbated the conflict. Secretly, their goal is to set up a puppet regime in the nationa and to spread their imperialistic influence.

The Plan So Far

It's been brought to my attention that I am not clear with my plans. That's because I don't have plans. I see that as what the OOC is for. I don't know how this RP progresses or how it ends.

As stated above, Atnaia's goal is to spread hegemonic influence over SJ. If I had the prime, 100% perfect for Atnaia ending, I'd face no resistance and bulldoze over the country and take over. But that's boring and stupid and no fun, so it's definitely not the plan. Instead, let's discuss an idea that works for everyone.

PLANS SO FAR: Atnaia will send soldiers to aid the Presidential Republic in order to create a pro-hegemony regime (with the goal of using them as a stepping stone to a new Atnaian Empire). With renewed interest in the island obvious, Taziristan sends a shadowy individual to attempt to curry favour between the paramilitaries and cartels in order to unite them as a single power. Helvetea aims to support one of the more fascist aligned right-wing paramilitaries, in order to establish a puppet government in San Javier. New Aapelistan aims to support a communist rise to power, and Corindia shares similar goals, although mostly to prevent any single nation from having influence over the nation. Covonant aims to control the Javieran drug trade. Ostehaar has a long history with San Javier and aims to prevent NA influence in the nation. Vancouvia's rail contract puts them into a position for alliance with the Presidential Republic, so as to collect on their mass transportation control. The Island of Sceapige wants to test new military technologies through support of the paramilitaries. The AMI sees the Hegemony as a threat and wants to prevent them from gaining a wider sphere of influence and power that they could leverage against Athara Magarat. Keomora wants to control harbour rights, but also wants to specifically prevent an Atnaian rise to power.
Last edited by Atnaia on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:12 am

Gonna be in, supporting the communists.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:15 am

New Aapelistan wrote:Gonna be in, supporting the communists.

You need more of a goal than that. As I said, I need things to really clash, and people can't half-ass their stuff by saying "I'm going to support them by sending a few guns, but I'm not really involved". You have to have real stakes.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 am

Atnaia wrote:
New Aapelistan wrote:Gonna be in, supporting the communists.

You need more of a goal than that. As I said, I need things to really clash, and people can't half-ass their stuff by saying "I'm going to support them by sending a few guns, but I'm not really involved". You have to have real stakes.

And I know that, and I am going to describe that shit more once Im out of school.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:19 am

New Aapelistan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:You need more of a goal than that. As I said, I need things to really clash, and people can't half-ass their stuff by saying "I'm going to support them by sending a few guns, but I'm not really involved". You have to have real stakes.

And I know that, and I am going to describe that shit more once Im out of school.

Good. Didn't mean to offend, I'm just tired of having every RP I do involve a half dozen people with no stakes who really didn't get involved at all because they avoided getting entangled out of fear. Like the Crisis. And Merrit. And the Hostage Crisis. And...

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Helvetea
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:22 am

Atnaia wrote:
New Aapelistan wrote:And I know that, and I am going to describe that shit more once Im out of school.

Good. Didn't mean to offend, I'm just tired of having every RP I do involve a half dozen people with no stakes who really didn't get involved at all because they avoided getting entangled out of fear. Like the Crisis. And Merrit. And the Hostage Crisis. And...

On my end, I'd want to create a puppet regime loyal to Helvetea. We want control of the Island's resources,and we don't care how we get them.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:29 am

Helvetea wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Good. Didn't mean to offend, I'm just tired of having every RP I do involve a half dozen people with no stakes who really didn't get involved at all because they avoided getting entangled out of fear. Like the Crisis. And Merrit. And the Hostage Crisis. And...

On my end, I'd want to create a puppet regime loyal to Helvetea. We want control of the Island's resources,and we don't care how we get them.

And how will you go about doing that?

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:33 am

This looks interesting.
My government is not to fond of communists so stopping them from gaining power could be a reason for my people but in reality this could be a power play to get those oil reserves and possibly make a puppet government loyal to me.
The Western Isles member.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:35 am

My nation won't get involved directly, but can I have reps from my oil industry here trying to keep everyone armed and even try Uniting them when you move in, Atnaia?
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:36 am

Atnaia wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

And how will you go about doing that?

Supporting the Right wing Paramilitaries. We'd supply them with guns and vehicles, but we'd also have about a Company-to-battalion of soldiers over there as well.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:40 am

Taziristan wrote:My nation won't get involved directly, but can I have reps from my oil industry here trying to keep everyone armed and even try Uniting them when you move in, Atnaia?

Yeah something along the lines of that with me but there will be special forces involved sometimes.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:08 am

Taziristan wrote:My nation won't get involved directly, but can I have reps from my oil industry here trying to keep everyone armed and even try Uniting them when you move in, Atnaia?
The Grand Force wrote:Yeah something along the lines of that with me but there will be special forces involved sometimes.

It's this sort of thing I want to avoid. I hate the whole "I want to be in the RP but I don't want to actually be really involved and have stakes". That's not the point of this RP. I am not letting another RP that I intend to be action-packed turn into something with a bunch of people afraid to get their hands dirty. Not again.

Taz, I get what you want to do, I understand how you view your role, and I'm a bit more down with it, but I just see you getting bored and dropping it if you go this route. Like you did in the Merrit RP.

Grand Force, you are either involved or you aren't. If you want to use special forces, use special forces, but as I have said, I want this to be an actual conflict, not a bunch of people saying "I give guns" and then complaining that they don't know what to do next. It's too much of a pattern with TWI RPs and I am fed up with it.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:15 am

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Yeah something along the lines of that with me but there will be special forces involved sometimes.

It's this sort of thing I want to avoid. I hate the whole "I want to be in the RP but I don't want to actually be really involved and have stakes". That's not the point of this RP. I am not letting another RP that I intend to be action-packed turn into something with a bunch of people afraid to get their hands dirty. Not again.

Taz, I get what you want to do, I understand how you view your role, and I'm a bit more down with it, but I just see you getting bored and dropping it if you go this route. Like you did in the Merrit RP.

Grand Force, you are either involved or you aren't. If you want to use special forces, use special forces, but as I have said, I want this to be an actual conflict, not a bunch of people saying "I give guns" and then complaining that they don't know what to do next. It's too much of a pattern with TWI RPs and I am fed up with it.

Your right I have no purpose in this, good day.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:20 am

So, I believe my line up will be

(Motorized Infantry Battalion)
3xMotorized Infantry Companies, 1xAnti-Tank Platoon, 1xMortar Company, 1xSupport Company, 1xAir Defense Company
(Armored Battalion)
4xArmored Company, 1xSupport Company, 1xSignal Platoon

(Navy Detachment)
1x Container ship
1x Transport ship
1x Modified Type 42 Destroyer
2x Gotland Class Submarines
4x Fast Attack Craft

(Temporary Air Force Base)
12x IA 58 Pucaras
4x F-16 Falcons
1x F-4E Phantom
5x MH-6 Little Birds
4x AH-6 Little Birds

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:21 am

Atnaia wrote:

My government is bring reformed, troops are in my Capitol, and my army is about to surrender. What else can I do?

But yeah, id be more likely to stay in if I had a real goal that affected plot. I didn't have that in merit.
Last edited by Taziristan on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

New Aapelistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Aapelistan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:25 am

So as I am tired as fuck and still in school, Im gonna tell my plans (so far) short and simple.

1. Im gonna arm communists, send some experts to assist them on tactics and train their troops

2. Im also gonna have my foreign intelligence agency in there and do some dirty stuff.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:26 am

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:It's this sort of thing I want to avoid. I hate the whole "I want to be in the RP but I don't want to actually be really involved and have stakes". That's not the point of this RP. I am not letting another RP that I intend to be action-packed turn into something with a bunch of people afraid to get their hands dirty. Not again.

My government is bring reformed, troops are in my Capitol, and my army is about to surrender. What else can I do?

But yeah, id be more likely to stay in if I had a real goal that affected plot. I didn't have that in merit.

Send a Force of Hardliners determined to get glory for your country, like I am.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:27 am

Taziristan wrote:
Atnaia wrote:My government is bring reformed, troops are in my Capitol, and my army is about to surrender. What else can I do?

I understand that, and I'm not saying you have to send an army, hence why I said I understand your position. I just want you to have some sort of tie to the story. If you are going to RP businessmen, we are going to have to work at making that plot as interesting as the war.

Or maybe you gave up after two posts and never discussed how the plots crossed over? Whatever.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:28 am

What I actually have in mind is having the go to guy my oil companies used to make deals go in and use that trust to, in the face of decreased support from home, to unite a few of the groups against the common enemy. He would have a very solid argument for them as you are invading my homeland too. I'd probably focus on the right winged ones, but maybe try to establish contacts with the communists as well.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:29 am

Taziristan wrote:What I actually have in mind is having the go to guy my oil companies used to make deals go in and use that trust to, in the face of decreased support from home, to unite a few of the groups against the common enemy. He would have a very solid argument for them as you are invading my homeland too. I'd probably focus on the right winged ones, but maybe try to establish contacts with the communists as well.

Well, the Right wingers are already backed by us...

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:31 am

Helvetea wrote:
Taziristan wrote:What I actually have in mind is having the go to guy my oil companies used to make deals go in and use that trust to, in the face of decreased support from home, to unite a few of the groups against the common enemy. He would have a very solid argument for them as you are invading my homeland too. I'd probably focus on the right winged ones, but maybe try to establish contacts with the communists as well.

But aren't United. Hand them all the guns in the world, but big bucks and big guns won't get two rival groups to work together. Hell, most of you supporting governments might actually turn to this guy.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:31 am

Helvetea wrote:

Each side doesn't have to be backed by only one person. Multiple people can ally with the same groups and work together (or work in the shadows against each other, jockeying for power within that group). Also, there is more than one paramilitary group in the nation, so you could be backing different ones if you wanted.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:34 am

Atnaia, does my character sound ok to you?
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Helvetea
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Helvetea » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:35 am

Atnaia wrote:
Helvetea wrote:

Each side doesn't have to be backed by only one person. Multiple people can ally with the same groups and work together (or work in the shadows against each other, jockeying for power within that group). Also, there is more than one paramilitary group in the nation, so you could be backing different ones if you wanted.

Ahhh. I'll be supporting a Fascist Paramilitary Group.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:45 am

Taziristan wrote:Atnaia, does my character sound ok to you?

I don't see any mention of a character...

Helvetea wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Each side doesn't have to be backed by only one person. Multiple people can ally with the same groups and work together (or work in the shadows against each other, jockeying for power within that group). Also, there is more than one paramilitary group in the nation, so you could be backing different ones if you wanted.

Ahhh. I'll be supporting a Fascist Paramilitary Group.

Fascist might be a strong word for them...more like right wing libertarian , at least for most of the ground soldiers, although I'd be happy to make one of the paramilitary groups more fascist-aligned...

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents