NATION

PASSWORD

Worlds Collide & Night Falls Quickly [MT?] [OOC] [Semi-open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Worlds Collide & Night Falls Quickly [MT?] [OOC] [Semi-open]

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:12 pm

(Note the definition of "MT?" can perhaps be understood with reference to the conversation from here. Or perhaps not. At any rate, the point is to have a good RP).

Panessos Productions Proudly Presents:

Worlds Collide

Probably also titled

Night falls quickly in the Tropics

(IC Link)

(FAQ: That’s a flying boat, not a delta-class starship, jeez, stop panicking and learn to tell the difference)

… “Rumours are circulating of a number of Chattakang agents in Mideane, your excellency,” said some humble functionary, scurrying up to the dictator, who was sitting on his throne and eating chocolate coins.

“Capitalist pigs!” replied the dictator, who liked to make simple replies like that. Let us introduce him. Barth Sanidas II, General of Jadiyya; short, fat, and very unforgiving of anybody who pointed either fact out. Not the sharpest of minds, but very expensively educated. “Tell me something new,” he said, reaching for his rum and coke. Of such hypocrisy are caricatures made…

…and welcome! to Panessos’ latest high-tech-superpowers-have-more-fun shenanigan-filled shindig.

(Let’s call it a Shenanidig, eh?)

The aim of this RP is not to have anybody’s country invaded (that’s why we’re opening with a proxy war) or to carry out some boring one-upmanship (been there, done that). The aim is to have fun, so fun is what you shall have. Or else. (You can see who I modeled the dictator on). :p

So, without further ado, let the fun and games begin!

(Initial planning map).
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Treneria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Treneria » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Big Red Standing By
I'm going to deploying a wide range of reconnaissance and espionage tactics including spies, special agents and their respective agencies, and a numerous amount of special forces groups to thwart whatever is to come, in hopes of gaining influence somewhere (as well as for the "lulz").

Trouble need not come looking, for I will have already found it.
LEO Supporter.

Glaocia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Glaocia » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Glaocia... Launch!

Despite the fact that I am changing this nation from it's rip-off-of-ace-combat origins, I'm going to keep my main focus of rp as I rp this nation to be air cover and naval operations. I'll be deploying limited air cover for the rebels once the fight gets underway, and as the conflict escalates so too will I escalate said air cover.

Meanwhile, I will have my consulars embedded in the Mideane consulate working diligently to sue for a limited peace between the warring parties, as well as a few intelligence assets to protect freedom democracy etc. etc. etc. live up to Glaocia's motto "An Eternal Beacon of Freedom"
Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, Zalig Kerstfeest, শুভ বড়দিন, חג מולד שמח, Feliz Navidad, and to all a blessed new year.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:30 am

Treneria wrote:Big Red Standing By
I'm going to deploying a wide range of reconnaissance and espionage tactics including spies, special agents and their respective agencies, and a numerous amount of special forces groups to thwart whatever is to come, in hopes of gaining influence somewhere (as well as for the "lulz").

Lulz it just what a good RP is for!

Glaocia wrote:Despite the fact that I am changing this nation from it's rip-off-of-ace-combat origins, I'm going to keep my main focus of rp as I rp this nation to be air cover and naval operations. I'll be deploying limited air cover for the rebels once the fight gets underway, and as the conflict escalates so too will I escalate said air cover.

Interestingly the origin of this RP lies in an IFC planned RP which Organized States and I were working on for... you guessed it... an air campaign. So that fits just fine!

By all means open your posts with spies running around with cool gadgets and secret handshakes or whatever you think suitable, this is our playground to have fun in. Think of a relatively well-to-do (but still regrettably poor) north african country in the arab spring and you'll get a feel for the general idea.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Treneria
Diplomat

Postby Treneria » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:56 pm

I want to go very in-depth with the espionage and spying tactics, and really delve into the characters that spawn from it, 'cause that's not something I always get to do in an RP. I'll be very careful to do things realistically and truly indulge in my writing abilities.

LEO Supporter.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:41 am

Hello, would I be welcome to this RP? To answer the question "What do you want to do in this RP?" The IC answer would be that my nation has a fondness for interfering with non democratic governments to gain influence.

The OOC reason is that this looks like an interesting RP that I would like to participate in.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:00 pm

You're very welcome to join! Feel free to jump in whenever you want.

Treneria, if you need any very particular and detailed help/support etc., do drop me a TG and we can discuss details, I'll try to think of some interesting convoluted plots that might tie in with whatever you might do.

Treneria
Diplomat

Postby Treneria » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:02 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:You're very welcome to join! Feel free to jump in whenever you want.

Treneria, if you need any very particular and detailed help/support etc., do drop me a TG and we can discuss details, I'll try to think of some interesting convoluted plots that might tie in with whatever you might do.

Much appreciated, I'll be in touch.

LEO Supporter.

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:21 pm

I'm in

What do you want to do in this RP?: Make sure no one crosses my western border without my permission, and possibly to influence my neighbors fate in a manner that suits myself.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:51 pm

Good to see you here! Do you envision much migration to put a stop to? And what would you make of Ausitorian spies swarming across the border out of Rhinocera and humanitarian organizations organization the flow of refugees of humanitarian aid when the civil war kicks off? (I'm sure we could have some very interesting RPing on both subjects).

By the way Bavaria, will you be taking the opportunity to move forces in quickly before things really get going?
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:07 pm

I'd envision that when your air campaign kicks up, refugees would be making their way to all borders, and Rhinocera may or may not receive them, depending on the situation. Regqrding your spies, I'm sure we could reach some sort of agreement. Humanitarian aid is always on the table, bit it'll need to be properly coordinated. If someone just sends a random fleet of C17 s over Rhinocera they'll probably get shot down. I think this RP will be a good time for me to try and assert control over the Panessos canal, in a reasonable manner of course.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Would it be alright if I rped there being a cluster of oil fields along the southern portion of the Rhinoceran-Jaddiyan border, might make things interesting.
Last edited by Rhinocera on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Certainly.

Sorry everyone for the delay over Christmas - I didn't notice Bavaria (Xiangshu) had updated the post until a couple of hours ago. Anyway, I'll write the reply diplomatic communiques shortly - although I expect we could always do with a few more participants if any are interested.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:27 am

Just wrote something up, but lost it. I'll try and throw it back together tomorrow at some point, maybe the next day if I can't. The jist of it, however, was that Rhinocera was going to agree to push a demilitarized zone into Jadiyya, per your request, as well as take in refugees in accordance with your program. Was also gonna agree to share intelligence with you, and allow Ausitoria to operate out of Rhinocera as to help cut down on the strain one faces when operating away from their homeland. There were a few more important pieces, but I'll save them for the IC post. If you want to RP as if we discussed and agreed upon the above, however, that's fine by me. It'll be in the IC in a day or two.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Hey everyone! If it is quite alright with everybody I'll be hopping in soon.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:19 pm

Please do, I expect to get a post up this week!

Impireacht
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Impireacht » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Impireacht will be coming in with around 50k troops initially, to fight in the name of capitalism and democracy. Because MCDONALDS VULT.

I'll get my detailed ORBAT up soon but I need to take inventory of what weapons I have left after deploying to my other cold wars (lol), and I need a spare carrier group or two so I'll need to buy or build some new ones before I officially enter. (I'm shortening the amount of time it takes for stuff to arrive/be built for now because I'm building up from having nothing but a few cheap vehicles for my military and no navy or airforce, once I've got an actual military representative of Impireacht's warlike nature, I'll start waiting the 1-2 months I'm supposed to lol)

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Mizrad won't be deploying large military assets but expect a couple of sketchy paramilitary operatives that may or may not be Mizrad to start spreading democracy like candy on Halloween.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:53 am

Impereacht, Mizrad, will you be wanting to post much before the conflict begins to develop much?

Terripin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terripin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Interested in joining this with Terripean natural resources interests in play here, but it seems like there hasn't been a post in a while. Is there any plan for moving forward with this?

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:08 am

Yes, hopefully rather faster than the War of the Two Empresses; but it certainly seems that most of us have plenty of other commitments just at the moment. But you'd be very welcome to join, I plan to move the RP forwards a bit at the end of this month.

Rhinocera
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:42 am

I planned on posting this weekend if I find some time

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:00 pm

If you can find the time, I'm sure that would make the whole refugee-thingy work better!

Terripin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terripin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Sounds good then, I'll put up a post soon.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Splendid! Treneria, if you're back, would you like to get a post in before we move things along?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents