NATION

PASSWORD

The Cooperative Union (CU) Commission IC (TWI ONLY) CLOSED

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:28 am

"Half a million refugees, that is the estimate our government officials are expecting." Mr Gurung straightened up as he reported to the CU Commission what he knew.

"Hundreds if not thousands of them have already left their origin nation after Bhikkustan had a new government. Our government estimates that we would need 9,300 metric tons of food for all 500,000 thousand refugees along with clothing items, mosquito nets, temporary shelters and refugee funds. We cannot take all of the half million refugees as there would be too much population imbalance. Our government estimates that we can take around 200,000 of them exactly at this moment and more if necessary. The government of Athara Magarat will provide them temporary jobs in sectors that lack manpower, our factories, construction sites, government farms, small cottage industries, restaurants, etc depending on their skills. Highly-skilled and qualified of them will even get job placements on our world-famous animation and video games industry, smartphone companies, religious institutions and so on. We expect that our economy will be have some losses at the initial months but gradually recover by the next fiscal year. Since we will be sheltering them for a year, we will wait for the events in the coming months to decide if they will remain on Athara Magarat or go back to develop Bhikkustan with newly acquired skills."
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:27 pm

"I would like to also ask the Callumstani delegate to produce a report outlining the expected amount of refugees to take and the aid that would be need to offset any economic imbalances. I ask the member states of the Commission to approve for the sending of officers to oversea that aid and conduct in housing the refugees are substantial and humane." Asked Mrs. Silvania
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:42 am

"If I may, there has been a recent development regarding the military occupation of the southern canal by Randmar. While my nation is more than fine allowing private firms to run it, we are more than alarmed when armed forces are used to benefit themselves without allowing other corporations to be given a fair chance to compete.
For Peace and Honor.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:37 am

"Athara Magarat approves of the sending of the officers," Kyle nodded to Mrs Silvania.

He then turned to John Darkwill, "Mr President, sure to sound rude but what exactly do you expect should be done by CU in the canal issue? Certainly rushing to the clear the canal of Randmar's armed forces is illogical at the moment. Let us wait and see how other nations react to this issue and try using diplomacy to clear the mess. Of course, Athara Magarat is deeply concerned by the occupation of the canal. We conduct our trade in the Kajvu Sea through the southern canal."

Mr Gurung then projected a map of the Athara Magarati Main Sea Trade Routes.

And my IC constitution

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:51 am

Athara Magarat wrote:"Athara Magarat approves of the sending of the officers," Kyle nodded to Mrs Silvania.

He then turned to John Darkwill, "Mr President, sure to sound rude but what exactly do you expect should be done by CU in the canal issue? Certainly rushing to the clear the canal of Randmar's armed forces is illogical at the moment. Let us wait and see how other nations react to this issue and try using diplomacy to clear the mess. Of course, Athara Magarat is deeply concerned by the occupation of the canal. We conduct our trade in the Kajvu Sea through the southern canal."

Mr Gurung then projected a map of the Athara Magarati Main Sea Trade Routes.

"What I meant is what are stance is and how we are going to move forward, because this move will have consequences."
For Peace and Honor.

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:14 am

"I share the same sentiments as President Darkwill, and I can express that many in Covonant is concerned as to what future implications this venture of privatising the canal can lead to. We however acknowledge that it is not a international zone and the Randmarians are free to make whatever acquisition they choose concerning the canal. I too agree with the Ambassador Gurung that we should be cautious in how we respond and to give ample time to see what develops from this. I will however implore member states to remain on guard of this event turns not in our favour because if it affects the economic viability of one of our member States it would affect the viability of all our member States. I believe in this day and age though we are a political and economic Union I believe if this commission shares the same sentiment that we should move to male amendments to our treaty for the forming of a defense clause to protect the interest of the Cooperative Union" expressed Mrs. Silvania

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 am

"Thank you very much."
For Peace and Honor.

Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:48 pm

"Ipland approves of these officers"
Brejn said.
[align=center]Ipland

Callumstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Callumstan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Mr Chambers receives an email and reads it quickly "Callumstan would be able to take on 20,000 refugees before by summer next year, with the ability to house a have a further 30,00 by summer of 2018. The Callumstan Emergency Refugee Program has enough to cover roughly 80% of the costs, however as you said a full report can be produced by mid-December."

Noronica
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Noronica » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:12 pm

Harold Aentyn strode into the room. A smile was fixed onto his face as he approached the other delegates. It appeared that they were already discussing matters of importance, so he quietly approached the Covonant Union delegate and whispered,
"Hello, I apologise for my tardiness. I am Harold Aentyn, the representative for the Overlordship of Noronica. May I sign the treaty document?"

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 am

"Welcome to the Chamber Mr. Aentyn, glad to have another nation joining our prosperous Union and we hope your nation may reap the rewards of making the best choice for integration." Expressed Mrs. Slivania. She requested for the article to be brought forward to the Noronican delegate for his signing.

"Here you are Sir." The aide who brought the article forward expressed, while placing the document in front of the Delegate for signing.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:50 am

"Ah, thank you." Harold slipped his pen out of his breast pocket, quickly reading over the document to ensure everything was in order. Smiling, he signed the document;

Mr. Harold Aentyn
Noronnican Delegate to the Cooperative Union

He carefully placed the document back in the aide's hands and took the seat nearest to him. Sitting comfortably, he regarded the other delegates.

Perawin
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Perawin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:07 am

"I approve and would like to sign; my apologies for my tardiness," Thera Niles, the elderly representative from Perawin, said.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Harold felt a sharp vibration in his breast pocket. Pulling out his phone, he noticed a text message from his colleagues in Noronica.

Arvanan Aircraft has just shot down Noronnican aircraft. Inform the Union.

"I am sorry to intrude, but it has just been confirmed that Arvanan Fighter jets have shot down Noronnican aircraft."

Sitting back down, Harold sent a quick prayer to any deity that would listen.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Noronica wrote:Harold felt a sharp vibration in his breast pocket. Pulling out his phone, he noticed a text message from his colleagues in Noronica.

Arvanan Aircraft has just shot down Noronnican aircraft. Inform the Union.

"I am sorry to intrude, but it has just been confirmed that Arvanan Fighter jets have shot down Noronnican aircraft."

"Are the Arvanan mobilizing? Any threats or warnings?" inquired the new representative of Keomora, William Zhou.
For Peace and Honor.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:54 pm

Keomora wrote:
Noronica wrote:Harold felt a sharp vibration in his breast pocket. Pulling out his phone, he noticed a text message from his colleagues in Noronica.

"Are the Arvanan mobilizing? Any threats or warnings?" inquired the new representative of Keomora, William Zhou.

"Not as of yet, I am sure that more will come to light. The NMC has reported the event."

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 pm

Arvan, Kyle thought he had heard the name somewhere before. He cleared his minds of other things and asked Harold. "How much damage has your base taken? Athara Magarat would like to know if this was a provocation of war in Noronica."

Damn! Another conflict. Will the Isles ever gave peace?

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:49 pm

"From what I can tell, no damage was sustained to the base other than the downed aircraft. The MiG's were stopped before they could do any damage, but they still fired upon Noronica's early warning squadron. It would appear that Arván would use something like this as a provocation as they have already threatened to go to war. I will inform the Union of any further developments as I get them."

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:47 pm

Noronica wrote:"From what I can tell, no damage was sustained to the base other than the downed aircraft. The MiG's were stopped before they could do any damage, but they still fired upon Noronica's early warning squadron. It would appear that Arván would use something like this as a provocation as they have already threatened to go to war. I will inform the Union of any further developments as I get them."

"They should have known that this would be a suicide attacks... Mig-23s? Seriously? I wonder how they even got those tin cans in the air."
For Peace and Honor.

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:01 am

"There are reports of a large Black Market in Arván which is funded by the few but influential rich."
Last edited by Noronica on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:01 am

Kyle's smartphone informed him that he had some notifications. The Foreign Ministry had sent some news link about shocking human rights abuses in Arvan on Kirat-Sunuwar ethnic group. Over 1000 executed and 2000 enslaved... Kyle's stomach churned. Now there was no way the government was going to stay quiet. Athara Magarat had to do something to ensure the rights of its minorities, no matter how far they were.

"Excuse me, but the news reports on human rights abuses against Sunuwar people on Arvan has caught the interest of Athara Magarati government." Kyle spoke aloud. "They have told that they support the military intervention in Arvan."

And my IC constitution

Noronica
Ambassador

Postby Noronica » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:24 am

"Very well, I shall inform my superiors." Harold spoke calmly, but he was beginning to feel worse. A war was starting and he had to play with the international level.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 am

"I would like to bring to the attention of the Commission regarding a new terrorist threat." Kyle spoke after checking his smartphone. "The various acts of terrosim in Athara Magarat, Covonant and Karahar were committed by members of ethnic organizations aligned with a new Khas-Kirati terrorist organization called SHOCK."

"On the behalf of the government of Athara Magarat and her people, I would like to apologize to CU member nations particularly Covonant for our failure in stopping our citizens for committing such heinous crimes against humanity." Kyle bowed to the other delegates.

And my IC constitution

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:54 am

Mrs. Silvania stood to address the Commission following the remarks from the Athara Magarati delegate.

"Thank you for your kind words and Covonant is appreciative of the support we are receiving at this time. Covonant will recover from this onslaught but we must be proactive in ensuring it does not occur not only in Covonant but other member states of the CU. I propose we make a bold move in the region and create a cooperative intelligence agency that is tasked with providing information to stop any acts of terrorism from occurring in our respective states. This is the hopes of Prime Minister Marl and with our start we can be of influence to other states to do the same." Expressed Mrs. Silvania.
Last edited by Covonant on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Travencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Travencia » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:17 pm

President Marcellus McMurray addresses the CU on behalf of The Federal Republic of Travencia....

"My nation seeks to be admitted as a member of The Cooperative Union as the ideals and goals of said union align with both the nation of Travencia and its peoples. It would be of great importance to gain accession into this great union to facilitate the free movement of people, services, goods, and capital between member states in accordance with the CU treaties."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents