NATION

PASSWORD

The Conquest of Bristen Faults (CFOR Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dou Boux » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 pm

See below
Last edited by Dou Boux on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Recon Empire » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:54 pm

OP: Dou Boux cannot ignore all the present facts that is already in the thread. Dou Bouxian forces also haven't stated its travel to the land and is godmodding with the land and forces that you covet. None of the cities have surrendered to Dou Boux as a result of the People's Republic. Dou Boux must enter slowly. All parties must react to the slowdown. You can't take a city (even worse, several) in one turn. Dou Boux does not have enough power and cannot cover such lands so quickly.

Dou Boux needs to tone down to reasonable power or it will be retconned (treated as nonexistent). You're basically taking more in one turn than what everyone has so far. Start with one city first.

Thus in-character, due to foundation work not properly developed and thinly spread forces urgently pulled in from nearby outposts, Dou Bouxian troops suffer widespread defeat throughout the island, losing on all battles mainland, with only small advances into a quarter of Diggen Isle that is not yet occupied by IRU. Mainland troops have also retreated to Diggen Isle. Troops that Dou Boux has on the Isle is approximately 3500, and without naval support. The 12000 troops have just been deployed from Dou Boux and will reach Diggen Isles to support soon.

As for Erwick-Kermot Republic, it is merely a drawing as Hundredstar has not taken down Port Kermot. It may be the plan of Hundredstar but forces have not entered the city due to the citizen's support for People's Republic. Port Erwick by Hundredstar, Mount Bristen by Tremors, Madison Court by Jeltronia and Diggen Isles(most) by IRU, is secured. New Landia is half taken by Jeltronia.
Last edited by The Recon Empire on Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:34 pm

OOC: I am dismayed by the actions of Dou Boux and I hope for rectification as well as clarification. As this concerns me the most with regards to Diggen Isle, I cannot accept most of the claims made by Dou Boux in his IC post.

There is no mention of any mobilisation of any sort or deployment from home base, which is godmodding considering the time it took me to arrive and considering the time Dou Bouxian forces claimed to have rounded up the entire island.

There is also no mention of any navy protecting the troop transports, and since no detail was provided, I can only assume that the troop transports were unguarded.

This brings me to the main issue of why Dou Boux did not give me time to react to his deployment, and most importantly, why did he claim victory if given the situation where he allowed me to post a reaction I would have been able to sink most, if not all of his troop transports with my missile cruisers and submarines.

On account of the inexperience, I will not retcon the post entirely, and accept the fact that Dou Bouxian forces have landed on Diggen Isle. I will not ask any further questions nor will I pursue this matter any further, except by allowing the Dou Bouxian forces to occupy the northern part of Diggen Isle, with the concept that Diggen Isle is to be separated into 3 approximately equal parts, namely, Central Diggen (IRU), South Diggen (IRU) and North Diggen (DB).

IC:

To: Government of Dou Boux

Dear Sir,

Your actions on Diggen Isle have violated the neutrality of our relationship.

You are hereby ordered to cease and to desist and withdraw immediately from Diggen Isle. A deadline of 72 hours will be granted for the withdrawal of your forces. During this period, should your forces continue to incur into the territories of Bristen Faults, especially in the lands of Diggen Isle, then you will have violated the terms of this ultimatum.

If the terms of this ultimatum are not met or if your forces have violated the terms with your actions, then Imperial Royal Union would have no choice but to declare war on you. The full force of the 2nd Combined Fleet will arrive soon and we sincerely insist that you accept our terms of peace and withdraw while you still can.

Yours Sincerely,
Sandhya Priya (Ms.)
Secretary of Regional Cooperation
HIM Government
THE SECOND ATHEISTIC EMPIRE OF IMPERIAL ROYAL UNION
www.imperialroyalunion.gov.iru
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2016

Postby Jeltronia » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:38 pm

RETCONNED.
Last edited by Jeltronia on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nabetseican Realm of Jeltronia
"Always for the Emperor and the Empire"

Monarch: His Most Imperial and Royal Majesty, High King Jon
Viceroy: Charles Darling II, The Duke of Templeton
Prime Minister: Raymond Thurman
Foreign Minister: Mark Taylor

The Tremors
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tremors » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:48 pm

As the Situation in Bristen grew more dire by the day, the Union stepped up its efforts to solidify its holdings in Port Taster, by hardening its communications back to Mount Bristen Command, as well as garrison a number of Troops outside the town in a prefabricated bunker. Holding nearly 250 Tremorisian Military Personnel.

Aside from the militant fortification of the Port, including the deployment of Artillery and Anti-Ship Guns on the coast, as well as tank barriers, the Union has deployed several of their Half-Tracks to bring supplies to the local population, including food rations, water purification kits, clothing, and basic toiletries. Many of the Unions Civil Engineers have set about to repair any damages to the Ports Infrastructure and Civilian Housing.

Due to the recent attacks on Civilians in the region, the Union has recommended a Curfew be followed by the Ports populace, issuing permits to those whom are required to work at night, and has assigned several armed patrols to the Port to keep the peace and detain any suspicious person for questioning. Civilians whom have shown interest in the Union and their offer to allow Bristen Faults to join the Tremorisian Union, have been transported to the Mount Bristen Command to be briefed and to fill out appropriate paperwork.

Hundredstar
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hundredstar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:42 pm

M-3002EK Patrol MPV

M-3002EK Patrol Mine Protected Vehicle (MPVs) are now in service with the Erwick & Kermot Republic Armed Force (EKRAF). Sources said the photographs showed personnel from the EKRAF's 1st Infantry Regiment training with the Patrols.

Local sources said the MPV variant of its Patrol family is protected to the STANAG 4569 level, weighs 3 tonnes, and can carry 2-5 people (including crew). The Defense International Cooperation Agency (DICA) ordered 1,000 Patrol MPVs & 200 GI-57EK Fancer APC for Erwick & Kermot Republic in September 2016.

Soldier form 1st Division formation

Soldiers at Xavier I Camp are preparing for their most dangerous and lengthy assignments in decades after receiving new deployment orders yesterday that will send many of them to Port Kermot, Erwick & Kermot Republic (EKR).

Soldiers from the 1st Division have been training at Xavier I Camp for deployment to EKR early in October 2016. Nearly 8,000 soldiers will be involved in two missions, each of which will last 12 months, or twice as long as previous deployments. Despite the risks of ambushes and increasingly organized attacks, some soldiers heading to EKR yesterday said they are eager for the assignment. Meanwhile, here at home, Hundredstar troops will remain in EKR until the country is able to properly defend itself, the Hundredstar Chief of Defense Force said Wednesday.
Latest situation in Port Kermot

Army General Tommy Clarkwell said the most important military challenge ahead for the Hundredstar-led force "is to build an EKR security capacity, all the way from the police level up to the national army level, that is militarily effective and loyal to the established civil government."

In related news. insurgents detonated four car bombs and attacked police stations in the EKR city of Port Kermot today, killing at least 17 persons and wounding 102, police and health officials said. The fourth blast occurred at when a suicide bomber rammed a car into a police station, killing 10 EKR police officers and wounding five, the police said.
Last edited by Hundredstar on Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:05 am

DISC Headquarters, Sydonis, IRU
3.00 PM, 22 September 2016

The data centre was much more alive than usual. Data was being printed and staff were scurrying about delivering letters and transcripts, as well as listening in on audio recordings. The ISI agents from within Port Taster were reporting back with crucial information, with warnings on teh recent Tremorisian deployments on the coast. They had employed a variety of techniques, from bugged phones and rooms to torturing and bribing locals for information.

Port Taster, Bristen Faults
3.00 PM, 22 September 2016

For Special Agent Jane Paige, she had just evaded a Tremorisian patrol while torturing her victim. Her victim wasn't exactly cooperative or quiet, and the only way she could protect herself as the patrol came from the street below was to silence her target. Too bad, no new information gathered. She knew there weren't many Tremorisian soldiers, but she knew better that her superiors required a better definition for 'many'.

Diggen Isle
3.03 PM, 22 September 2016

Back on Diggen Isle, Colonel Drew White had gathered the bodies of the locals and burnt them to ashes before discarding the ashes into the cement the troops were using to reinforce the docking sites.

The island was mostly secure, even if not physically it was electronically. The landlines had been cut and a total radio blackout was imposed on the island. Jammers onboard the destroyers were actively locating outgoing transmissions from Diggen Isle, and the locals who tried to contact their friends and families on the mainland were immediately paid their last visit by White's Occupational Secret Police.

A special feature on Diggen Isle besides the newly deployed D-408 was this massive rocket artillery battery aimed at Port Taster. It had been originally aimed at the shoreline to destroy resistance, but after the Military Intelligence Sector sifted out the information from DISC, the battery was aimed at taking down the city.
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Dou Bouxian withdrawal

Postby Dou Boux » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:17 am

Palace of The Crown, Los Bouxiana, Dou Boux

His Highness The 7th Duke of St. Carl, Aide-de-Camp to His Imperial Majesty released the following statement this morning:

"His Imperial Majesty would like to apologize profusely for all inconveniences caused by his troops occupation of Diggen Island. Wishing to keep his friendship with other nations, he has ordered the immediate retreat of his troops within all parts of Bristen Faults. He does hereby also declare that while his troops are leaving Bristen Faults, they will not leave The Northern Part of Diggen Island, under any circumstances.".

To The Government of The Imperial Royal Union

Dear Sir,

We meant no animosity towards you, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We have ordered the remainder our troops to immediately travel to North Diggen Island. We shall not relinquish sovereignty of that part of the island under any circumstances. Should you wish to declare war on us, that will be most unfortunate, as there has always been a reasonably good friendship between out two nations, but we will fight you to defend our interests and the lives of our soldiers and citizens.

We would like to propose peaceful talks between our two nations, in order so that we can find a way to peacefully divide Diggen Island between us.

Yours Faithfully,

Henri Renaldi de Carl, 7th Duke of Saint. Carl

Acting Minister of External Affairs.
Aide-de-Camp to His Majesty.

Hundredstar
Ambassador

Postby Hundredstar » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:26 am

Hundredstar has donated 3,500 SR-76 "Canary" sniper rifles and about one million rounds of ammunition to Erwick & Kermot Republic Armed Force as part of its military aid to the country. The arms and ammunition arrived on 21 September in a Hundredstar aircraft at the military airport in Port Erwick.

In a small ceremony the arms and ammunition were received by Colonel James Clayfeather, the Hundredstar ambassador in Erwick & Kermot Republic, and Brigadier Ramon Chiesa, Erwick & Kermot Republic's national security advisor.

Keralia
Attaché

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Keralia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Council Hall
Rougemont Castle
Saint Marie's, Keralia

"His Majesty the King is in Council", announced Anthony de Nabokyoff, Lord President of the King's Privy Council. "The Lords of His Majesty's Honorable Privy Council have been called and a quorum has been reached."

The Council Hall's door was closed and the key turned on the lock. Ferdinand held Ekaterina's hand and took a deep breath.

"My lords and ladies, please be seated," Ferdinand said as he took his own seat on the head of the table. The room was briefly filled with the sound of the table's twenty-nine other chairs being pulled and the counsellors placing their papers on it. "I know it's uncommon for me to call so many of you, let alone call for a meeting this far from the Royal Palace, but I thought it to be important to discuss the current state of events. John, please begin."

John de Nabokyoff looked at his father as he drew out a map of Bristen Faults. "As we all know, Forteral has officially relinquished its authority over Bristen, and the place is in complete anarchy. The Empeor's office has reached out for regional monarchs in order to get us involved and bring order back to the country, but despite the Senate's encouragement to do so, the government cannot officially go there without compromising its neutrality, which the Ministry of Foreign Affairs considers essential to our role as seat of the regional delegation before the World Assembly."

"Excuse me, John, I'm a bit lost here," said Sophie of Sandenburg. "If we can't officially go in, and we consider this to be so important for us, how are we to push for our interests while remaining neutral? Unless you've figured the secret to invisibility, I don't see..."

"That's exactly where I'm going, Sophie. Our only chance here is to find someone whom we can aid from the background and off the record, and who'll scratch our back later on. With Dou Boux's withdrawal from mainland Bristen, Charles is no longer an option."

"Then, who is?" Konstantin Smorkov-Hornoff leaned in, clearly intrigued by the High Minister's suspenseful explanations.

"Hundredstar," declared Pierre de Nenci. "Baygents and Xavier are clearly our only hope in this matter. Thales and the Tremorsians will clearly see our involvement as a threat to their own growing influence and will cut us short immediately."

"The Jeltronians aren't even an option, for obvious circumstances," added Léonard de Roire.

"Exactly," continued the High Minister, "but Hundredstar is the perfect ally. Our economy is much, much larger, and we could aid them very generously with a great chance of reciprocity. Though they may have the troops on the ground, we have the power and resources they need. They've already showed a great deal of trust in us by sending Princess Lena Monica as their ambassador, so I don't see why they wouldn't agree to a little quid pro quo."

"We've contacted Bledllyn with our proposal, their response should be here any moment now," concluded de Roire. "Ferdinand, do we have your approval to continue with this?"

Ferdinand looked at his wife, then back at the three ministers seated on his right.

"Approved."

The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Recon Empire » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:25 am

Despite high approval ratings for the People's Republic, land was being eaten up in all areas, with New Lansia being lost to Jeltronia. While Port Kermot has yet to be taken over, the People's Republic ideologies and influence have affected all remaining mayors to align themselves with them, despite not many left. Iterni and Port Dexter has grown significantly, with voluntary conscription almost matching to that of New Bristen.
The Tremors control the most land at the moment, due to their ground advantage, but controls no cities. It is closest to New Bristen, the heart of the communist movement. They may find it difficult to conquer cities and coasts due to the humidity and water-based fighting.

Jeltronia controls a good balance between naval and land power, thus successfully gaining its second city in New Landia, partially through the naval support from the Bristen Bay. It is not as close to the Tremors to New Bristen, and will likely see strong defence from the capital.

Hundredstar possesses a land-based offensive model with some naval power, however due to it attacking Port Kermot from the east, it is unlikely for naval support to reach there in time, thus unable to capture Port Kermot. Nonetheless, it controls a good portion of southeastern New Bristen, and may make a run for Port Dexter before the communist movement grows too large. With possible Keralian assistance, Hundredstar is expected to increase in strength depending on the deal made.

Imperial Royal Union possesses undoubtedly the largest navy in the Bristen Faults region. Despite controlling only Diggen Isles, it projects its naval supremacy with immense reach but has not engaged any cities. It can if it wants to, and as the cities are port-based, it may prove easier for them. However, land-based military seem to be limited thus it may be difficult to conquer inland.

Dou Boux, having retreated to north Diggen Isle, currently possess no naval power, and has settled with some land there.

The projections over water exhibit the country's naval strength. The control closer to the city signifies the probability of the nations getting the cities.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:29 am

Diggen Isle
3.00 PM, 23 September 2016

The reinforcements kept streaming in. The 6th and 8th Flotillas had also arrived in time to bolster Flotilla Admiral Austyn Quinn’s position in the area. The report back to the incoming 9th Flotilla and the 81st Squadron of the Admiral centred on “unmatched naval superiority”, and according to orders, Quinn briefed the other two admirals, Flotilla Admirals Osborne Cain and Melvin Ledecky on the invasion plan.

Port Dexter,
4.30 PM, 23 September 2016

The first landing craft arrived in Port Dexter in complete radio silence. Electronic means of communications had been banned throughout the planning phase, and orders were sent via written dispatches to the landing craft at the western coast of Diggen Isle. As the marines disembarked, another wave of boats followed, carrying more marines as well as additional supplies. Amongst the supply transports were those labeled ‘grain’ and ‘food’, although quite a handful were just munition trucks disguised as humanitarian aid.

The leading elements of the marines, the 1st Marines Division of the XXVI Marine Corps, totalling 10,000 men and 400 combat vehicles secured the city in its fastest possible speed. Roadblocks setup by the local militia garrison were run over by tanks or blasted apart by artillery pieces. Resistance was fired upon with no mercy nor warning. As the marines blazed through the city taking down hostile targets, the Occupational Secret Police under Colonel Drew White had also followed closely behind and began its spread of propaganda and silent purge of dissidents.

Diggen Isle
5.00 PM, 23 September 2016

Halfway into the conquest of Port Dexter, artillery guns and rocket batteries belonging to the advance party comprising of the 1854 Grande Batterie Battalion of the I Imperial Guard Corps sent by the Grand Imperial Army began its bombardment of the eastern borders of the self-proclaimed Erwick-Kermot Republic.

In actual fact, the bombardment served no tactical purpose. Instead, it was to prevent the EKRAF and Hundredstarians from attempting to interdict the invasion by using the easier coastal route, and forcing them onto the more mountainous route closer to Mount Bristen if they wanted to intervene in Port Dexter. The other purpose was the psychological effect of villagers residing in the countryside in the eastern part of the Erwick-Kermot Republic – the incessant shelling and rumbling of the ground was meant to shake them and force them to surrender before the shells got closer and closer.

Off the coast of Diggen Isle, the Montefortina-Class Heavy Missile Cruisers ÖHKM Aventail and ÖHKM Basinet launched a salvo of 40 cruise missiles into the air, which were directed by GPS into populated areas of Port Erwick. The missiles weren’t the fastest, but the payload they carried were huge enough to make a big impact. Especially if it neatly hit the base of a building – the entire street would crumble in chaos.

Erwick Bay
9.30 PM, 23 September 2016

Opening the envelope containing the instructions for the operation, the Frost-Class Guided Missile Submarines ÖHKM Snjor and ÖHKM Klaki made their way into Erwick Bay without the rest of their squadrons. The 6 remaining submarines stayed behind, ready to provide cover should anything go wrong. The Snjor and Klaki were now on a secret mission to hunt down vessels from the Hundredstarian navy. The backup submarines would screen and identify the targets entering the bay, while the Snjor and Klaki would then fire its torpedoes onto the incoming ships. If they were spotted, they were to make a dash for open water and immediately make use of its cruise missiles to ward off the pursuing ships. If they were pursued by aircraft, the D-408 SAM battery on Diggen Isle would suddenly come alive…
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:18 pm

North Diggen Island, Bristen Faults,
23rd September 2016 | 16h42

The 12000 Royal Dou Bouxian 18th Hussar Corp troops landed on the beach in North Diggen Island, to the acclaim of the local people, and the Dou Bouxian Infantry Battalions already on the island. The soldiers then marched to the city centre, where they were received by Colonel Alto in a lavish welcome ceremony.

The Port, North Diggen Island, Bristen Island,
23rd September 2016 | 22h00

The 12000 Royal Dou Bouxian 18th Hussar Corp troops were transported to the port on North Diggen Island, where they boarded a fleet of 5 troop carriers. The carriers then began the journey to an un-occupied part of the North of the island, where there are currently no cities of note. The Commander-in-Chief of the troops is Colonel Edward La Mont Carrington, on of the finest colonels in The Dou Bouxian Army, having been mentioned in Royal Dispatches on numerous occasions.

The estimated time of arrival of the troop carriers is on the 24th of September 2016, at approximately 14h00.

Root of the troop carriers to North Bristen Faults:

The Tremors
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tremors » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:00 pm

A large Union Freighter, the U.F.V. Vagabond, approached the Island from the south east, passing by the IRU Naval Forces there to dock at Port Taster, to try and ensure their safe arrival, the Vagabond presented the necessary documents to the IRU Navy, including their contents, licences, and a list of any weapons on board, which consisted of primarily small arms, and light anti-ship weapons, to defend against Pirates.

As the IRU was not openly hostile to Union forces on the Island, the Freighter did not expect much of an issue with docking, at worst they expected a show of force by the IRU to show off. The Freighter was loaded with prefabricated shelters for the local population to utilize during the ongoing conflict, and the likely to escalate war between IRU and Hundredstar. It also included food stuffs and supplies for the Union forces and the Civilians, in quantities that made it unfeasible to transport below ground.

Elsewhere on the Island, the Union Military continued to dig into their mountain fortress, which has been named Fort Gustavus, after the current Premier. Civilians whom have shown sympathy to the Union have been conscripted into the Mine Guard, to assist in humanitarian efforts in Union controlled land, as well as fortify their supply lines in Taster, in an effort to gain full control of the Port.

Hundredstar
Ambassador

Postby Hundredstar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Flowerstacks Mansion, Sir Hornburry Avenue, Bledllyn

Foreign Minister, Dr. Bernardo Postell today visited by the Deputy Minister of Defence, Ms. Dane Junior. When asked, Foreign Minister confirms Foreign Aid Foundation has already begun work on humanitarian and relief in EKR along with other local agencies.

Deputy Minister of Defence also announced it will transfer some of the surplus assets of Hundredstar to EKRAF including two BN-2B Islander aircraft and two Chronicles-class patrol vessel for operation in Bristen Bay.

City Hall
Rolando Estaban Evenue, Port Kermot

In a special press conference, Deputy Prime Minister of EKR, Augustine De La Paz announced a peace agreement between the Government of EKR and rebels, Guardião da Cidade (GdC) has been successfully carried out.

With GdC surrendered, almost all locations in Port Kermot been successfully controlled by the government. GdC leader, Ernesto Pauliz officially announce their team ceasefire and the peace process is totally implemented in Port Kermot.

Operation Southern Dream SITREP
  1. Some of the enemies rockets moving to Port Erwick has been intercepted by anti-air missiles belonging Sturmwelder-class air defense destroyer from a dock at Port Erwick.
  2. Arrival of AWACS aircraft, SpecAvi-1 increase the effectiveness of the monitoring of the air force in addition to the aid from element of signal-jamming and SIGINT.
  3. The Commander of the Operation Southern Dream, Major General Renaud Quinten confirm their team has no intention of moving the assets to Port Dexter, and only makes the Port Kermot as a major objective.
Last edited by Hundredstar on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:53 pm

Field Headquarters 2nd Combined Fleet, Port Dexter
1.00 PM, 26 September 2016

Senior Lieutenant Admiral Paolo Genouilly sat behind the desk in which the full satellite map of Bristen Faults was displayed. He surveyed the map, sighed a bit and finally addressed the flotilla commanders.

"Gentlemen, now that we have secured Diggen Isle and Port Dexter and have ensured a proper supply line, we shall begin the main phase of the invasion plan. Hundredstarian holdings are now high priority targets. Regardless of whether we are in control or not, Hundredstar must bot be allowed to hold on to their possessions. If we can't take it, they shall not have it either. This will be a combined operation consisting of the artillery battalion from the I Imperial Guard Corps by the army, our shore bombardment ships and our naval aviation arm. It is imperative that they understand that we mean business."

A radio message was then broadcast through multiple channels, which repeated "Maroon Knight" for a straight 5 minutes.

Without replying, the submarines Snjor and Klaki followed their designated route out of Erwick Bay and retreated. At the same moment, the heavy cruisers of the 2nd Combined Fleet streamed in, followed by the two superships, the Typhoon and Hurricane with their 600 mm guns and cruise missiles. Behind them were the missile cruisers ranging from big to small, all loaded full and ready to fire.

Around Diggen Isle aircraft took off one by one, each loaded with a single bomb and anti-air missiles, and took formation above Diggen Isle.

Back on the mainland, the 1854 Grande Batterie Battalion followed by a few battalions of marines went down the badly shelled coastal route toward Port Erwick. Technically they had already crossed the boundary set by the Erwick-Kermot Republic and were making their way to an optimal location to shell Port Erwick.

Bristen Faults
2.15 PM, 26 September 2016

The new Imperialean radio jamming system came alive at 2.15 PM. Known as Project TJERO, Thunder Jamming and Enhanced Radio Occlusion, the system switched frequencies in microseconds and filled the frequencies with weird sounds, effectively blocking out radio communications except for the rare few channels. The jamming could be countered, provided the equipment was sophisticated enough to send messages over severe noise and needed a sophisticated-enough equipment to discern and interpret the message. If only the enemy knew the power consumption of TJERO - on Diggen Isle destroyers were plugged into the local power stations for additional supply, and marines were also running additional generators - for TJERO had already put the entire island on blackout.

Just as TJERO came alive, the heavy cruisers opened fire onto Port Erwick - with minimal effect. It was random fire, with smaller calibres exploding on structures and piercing into roads. It was meant to cause panic.

The main volley opened up on 2.30 PM, with cruise missiles going in first. The mass barrage was to test the ability of the anti-missile systems in Port Erwick. Following the cruise missiles came the shells from the Typhoon and Hurricane - loaded with white phosphorus, intended to smoke out its occupants and disrupt the infrared capabilities of anti-missile systems.

Within the same time as the shells fell, fighter-bombers soared over the city at 57,000 feet. In that split second, more white phosphorus bombs rained down onto Port Erwick.

Back at Port Taster, Special Agent Jane Paige could hear the noise of shelling from the Battle of Port Erwick. She had spent time going around Port Taster inspecting the fortifications guarding the city in the past few days. Consolidating the information, she and the rest of the agents in Port Taster began to pack up their items and leave the city. They were to rendezvous with officers from the Occupational Secret Police and marines who would then take them to Port Erwick, and secure intelligence from refugees escaping the crumbling city.
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Recon Empire » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 pm

HAVE NEWS OR COMMENTS? Write to us at 1, Cavaleigh Street, Heraclea, P.O . 48331, The Recon Empire!
SATURDAY, 1ST OCTOBER 2016
LegionTV presents..

THE DAILY RECONIAN

INTERNATIONAL EDITION
Vol. 220 No. 004

ESTABLISHED 1932 | BOYLE PUBLISHINGS INC. | IRB/NO. (P)445208 | $2.50
BRISTEN NATIVE COMMUNISM GETS SQUASHED
Gregory Watkins, Senior Editor

After intense invasion of imperalist forces onto the former Recon Colony of Bristen Faults, the native communist revolution has been reduced significantly. Poverty is rampant as urbanites surrender to imperialist reliefs. The contenders of the island include The Tremors, Imperial Royal Union, Dou Boux, Hundredstar and Jeltronia. Over the past few weeks, the support for the People's Republic of Bristen has fallen to below 20%, an intense 60% drop. It is expected that imperialist forces will once again take control of the island, however, at this moment it is still unsure who will be the ultimate victor.

New territorial boundaries

In an interview with Professor Rupert Rushflo, Professor of International Relations at Glendon World Institute, he explains the situation of Bristen Faults and the problems facing each nation.

"The Tremors currently controls the largest portion of the land, with a small non-combatant navy in Port Taster. Due to its humanitarian efforts, it has appealed to public opinion. It also constructed Fort Gustavus within Mount Bristen, which is essential in managing its trans-island resource operations. However, it has failed to control other well-established cities, leaving vacuums for other nations to grab, most notably Northern Bristen Faults.

Imperial Royal Union has engaged in an aggressive policy of entering Bristen Bay, essentially forcing other nations to defend or retaliate. It undoubtedly has the naval resources to do so, but whether or not its land forces are able to secure it in the long term is yet another question. It has done well in securing strategic lands, near southeast Bristen Faults at Port Dexter. We can expect to see more action from IRU in the coming weeks.

Dou Boux has made a big strategic entrance, securing much of northern Bristen Faults, despite its initial defeat. It is understandable due to the young nation's inexperience, however, it has since rebounded back tremendously as a key player in the battle of Bristen Faults. It may also be made possible due to Tremorian focus on southern Bristen Faults. Nonetheless, with over 12,000 troops, it has set good foundation in its territories, showing it cannot be underestimated.

Hundredstar has suffered the most defeat thus far, with its humanitarian operations focused in urban areas. It has lost much land on sub-urban terrain, but enforced its standing in the cities. However, due to immense bombings in Port Erwick, it will be expected to struggle to control over the terrified population. Hundredstar has initiate little combat activity, however, it currently has the highest approval rating islandwide due to its welfare for its people.

Jeltronia has largely been untouched ever since its first invasion, securing a decent portion of southwest Bristen Faults. Nonetheless, with IRU navies pushing into the bay, New Lansia poses as a risk for the coming weeks."

A LegionTV Poll conducted on the island puts Hundredstar's approval ratings at 40%, with Tremorians at 25%, People's Republic at 17%, Dou Boux at 8%, Jeltronia at 7% and IRU at 3%.

Catch up on the latest Bristen Fault news here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=389514
IN OTHER NEWS...
  • Keralia State Visit to the Recon Empire to kick off in two days.
  • New national stock exchange in talks.
  • Turrensia Station of the GRRS to begin construction, expected completion in 2018.
  • Fashion billionaire Charles Matthieu criticizes "imperialist greed" in Bristen Faults.

The Tremors
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tremors » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:04 pm

The Union, having solidified much of its holdings within the Island, began to discuss their next step in taking Bristen. While the IRU was occupied with the southern front, and taking out Hundred Star and Jeltronia at the knees. The Union thought it best to turn their attention northward to Dou Boux and westward to what remained of the "People's Republic".

The decided course of action, was to send one final warning, an Ultimatum, to the two belligerents. Broadcast on all forms of communication, from Radio to Television. The Marshal send a clear message, "Too all remaining hostile forces, these lands belong to the Union now. You have fought gallantly, but now it is time for you to surrender. Lay down your arms and you will not be harmed. The Union promises protection to Bristen Natives whom surrender, and safe passage out of the region to any Dox Bouxian forces. Failure to comply will be met with overwhelming force, and when it arrives, nothing you have done to prepare will matter, and nothing you have built will survive."

After the broadcast ended, the Union began preparations, setting up massive batteries of artillery, both cannon and rocket, as well as massing Tanks and Infantry near the remaining cities in the north and along the border of Republic controlled land. Below the surface Tremorisian Sappers worked tirelessly to dig intricate tunnels below enemy fortifications for a surprise assault, or if need be, to turn any hostile area into a massive sinkhole.

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:48 am

RETCONNED.
Last edited by Jeltronia on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:49 pm

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE GRANDE PALAIS

The State Ministry of The Exterior denies any previous correspondence with the Kingdom of Jeltronia regarding stories of the secret agreement that had been reached between the two nations. Imperial Royal Union has not entered into any discussions with the Jeltronians, and future bilateral agreements are unlikely.

Port Imperial, IRU
9.00 AM, 2 October 2016

When Minister for Foreign Affairs Trina Nilsson drove to work today, she was shocked at the number of security vehicles parked at the permanent staff carpark of the State Ministry of The Exterior. As she got off wondering about the situation, she glanced across the headline of the newspaper in the seat next to her. It read, "Alliance With The Tremorians?" Then it hit her.

Moving past the security vehicles and into the foyer, she was greeted by her press secretary. His face was grim and it was enough to tell her that something wrong had happened in her department. Usually she would have been greeted by her secretary and press secretary, and when she reached the floor of her office she finally pieced together the puzzle.

Standing right in the middle of the room was her secretary in handcuffs. Next to her was the Lord Undersecretary, who was obviously ensuring that the agents searching the office were keeping to protocol, and next to her was the man who brought his team her to search the office.

Upon seeing the Minister, he walked over. "Minister Nilsson, I'm Special Agent Timothy Sykes of the Second State Security Secretariat. Your secretary, Ms. Joanne Henley, has been arrested for violating the State Secrets Act by providing classified information to the public and she has confessed to it just now. As such, we need to search the office for more evidence. Until then, she will be detained and kept with the Internal Security Directorate."

Shocked, she asked, "But what exactly happened? As a member of the Executive Cabinet Office of The State I have the right to know -"

"Ms. Henley passed on information regarding the secret talks with the Tremorisian Union to her husband, which he then spilled to the press. This investigation has been initiated by the Secretary of State Security and the Deputy State Chancellor. You may take your issues to them; I am just doing my job simply because your secretary did not keep her mouth shut."

As Henley was being led out of the building, the swarm of reporters that had formed outside made their rush toward the detained woman.

From her office window she watched Henley being taken away in the black sedan that the intelligence community, TENSECT, always used. As the vehicle left the compound, Nilsson turned around, and said to her press secretary, "I need a new secretary, and I need you to arrange plans for a summit."
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:52 am

The Supreme Government of Imperial Royal Union

To: Governments of the Protectorate of Hundredstar, Kingdom of Jeltronia and the Tremorisian Union

Dear Sir/Madam,

The State Ministry of The Exterior cordially invites your nation to participate in the Sydonis Peace Summit held in Sydonis, Imperial Royal Union, to discuss a permanent peaceful solution to the situation in Bristen Faults.

You are welcomed to send multiple representative, preferably headed by your foreign ministers or heads of governments.

Security will be handled by the Imperial Royal Union Police Force, with additional support from TENSECT, our intelligence community, as well as your various security detail who will be notified of the plans.

We hope that through these talks we can establish a working proposal that will bring peace and prosperity to not only Bristen Faults, but to all our nations as well.

As a mark of commitment to the summit, forces from the Imperialean National Armed Forces will enact a ceasefire at 1800 hours, 5 October 2016, whereby shelling of Port Erwick shall cease.

Yours Sincerely,
Trina Nilsson (Ms.)
Minister for Foreign Affairs
State Ministry of The Exterior
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Hundredstar
Ambassador

Postby Hundredstar » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:03 am

Prime Minister Dr. Harris Baygents today announced the designation of a Hundredstar Delegation to Attend the Sydonis Peace Summit in Sydonis, Imperial Royal Union.

The Honorable Dr. Bernardo Postell, Minister of Foreign Affair, will lead the delegation.

Members of the Dr. Postell Delegation:

The Honorable Dr. Mark Spearwoolf, Deputy Chief of Staff for International Crisis & Diplomacy, Ministry of Foreign Affair

The Honorable Ambassador Julia Sumners, Ambassador at Large for Regional Affair, Ministry of Foreign Affair

The Honorable Ms. Dane Junior, Deputy Minister of Defense

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:44 am

RETCONNED.
Last edited by Jeltronia on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:32 pm

The Supreme Government of Imperial Royal Union

To: Governments of the Protectorate of Hundredstar & Kingdom of Jeltronia

Dear Sir/Madam,

The Sydonis Peace Summit will be held in the Royal Palace in Sydonis on 11 October 2016.

The following persons have confirmed their participation and we thank them for their commitment.

- VAdm Maurice Nelles, Military Governor of West Bristen Faults (Jeltronia)
- TRH Viscount Rickman, Minister for Foreign Affairs (Jeltronia)
- Hon. Dr. Bernardo Postell, Minister of Foreign Affair (Hundredstar)
- Hon. Dr. Mark Spearwoolf, Deputy Chief of Staff for International Crisis & Diplomacy (Hundredstar)
- Hon. Ambassador Julia Sumners, Ambassador at Large for Regional Affair, Ministry of Foreign Affair (Hundredstar)
- Hon. Ms. Dane Junior, Deputy Minister of Defense (Hundredstar)

The Imperial Royal Union delegation at the summit will be headed by me and will consist of the Minister for International Development and the Secretary of Regional Cooperation.

Security plans have been sent to your respective security departments; as the location of the summit was the old residence of Imperial Royal Union's royal family situated on an island in the lake within the city of Sydonis, we can guarantee secrecy and security of the talks. There is no limit on the number of security personnel you may bring over, but air traffic control will only allow a total of 3 diplomatic flights for each nation.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
Trina Nilsson (Ms.)
Minister for Foreign Affairs
State Ministry of The Exterior
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:05 am

Sydonis Peace Summit, Sydonis Royal Palace

As everyone took their seats, Trina Nilsson, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, began, 'Thank You all for coming to the Sydonis Peace Summit. Welcome to Sydonis, our old capital, and welcome to the Sydonis Royal Palace, home of Imperialean Emperors and Empresses until 200 years ago when we moved to Port Imperial. We have gathered today to discuss a peaceful and diplomatic solution to the crisis in Bristen Faults. Before we make our demands, we would like to hear your suggestions and your perspective on what you would like to achieve in Bristen Faults. Thank you.'

Ever since the capital was moved to Port Imperial, part of the Sydonis Royal Palace was transformed into a museum, while certain areas remained off limits as a residence for the royal family. Of which, some of the rooms were transformed into the short-lived Office of the Grand Regent, which survived for 48 hours after its creation by the late Emperor Thales XII on his deathbed before being abolished by Emperor Thales XIII upon his coronation.

The natural environment of the island in which the palace was situated on was extremely secure. Sydonis was built around a lake, and the royal palace was built on an island on the lake. Only 3 bridges linked the palace to the city, although foreign dignitaries had always been flown in by helicopter or sailed in by yacht.

On top of the usual heavy police presence, the bridges were blocked off by police cars and the palace gates were all closed for the security of the summit. Inside the palace grounds were more police officers as well as security agents from various TENSECT agencies, with snipers on the roof and police helicopters circling the skies. For added security (which Nilsson saw it as paranoia on the part of the Imperialean Secret Service), anti-tank guns from the Imperialean National Armed Forces were parked behind the palace gates and the forces from the Svartvakt Intervention Service, popularly known as the Black Guard, were stationed outside the palace as an immediate response force to any potential threats.
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents