NATION

PASSWORD

The Norse Encounter (OOC, TWI ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

What should happen to Norseland?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:36 pm

1. Complete and total destruction of his people via genocide.
No votes
2. Destabilization through genocide until he resembles Somalia.
100%

Total votes : 4

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Upper Norseland is it okay if a unit of the Keomoran Foreign Legion is there? And I will put a small number of ship under Atnaia if he agrees.
For Peace and Honor.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:26 pm

I have no issue, just so long as there is a good reason. KFL is sort of a special-forces type deal, right?

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:I have no issue, just so long as there is a good reason. KFL is sort of a special-forces type deal, right?

Kinda. They're like a mix of marines, French Foreign Legion and Gurkhas. And I think they are there because while Keomora can't support you officially they're involvement is an informal way for Keomora to show support I'm case things went south. We're kinda cynical.
Last edited by Keomora on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Peace and Honor.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Keomora wrote:Upper Norseland is it okay if a unit of the Keomoran Foreign Legion is there? And I will put a small number of ship under Atnaia if he agrees.

Why are you getting involved in this war? What reason do you have? I thought you said you were overstretched :P

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Skaitsya wrote:
Keomora wrote:Upper Norseland is it okay if a unit of the Keomoran Foreign Legion is there? And I will put a small number of ship under Atnaia if he agrees.

Why are you getting involved in this war? What reason do you have? I thought you said you were overstretched :P

Her Empress is my King's younger cousin, and the Empire has named itself Representative of the Kemor people, a large ethnic group to which my people belong.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Skaitsya wrote:

The KFL is not a part of the Keomoran Armed forces... they're a mercenary force and from what Upper Norseland described how his warriors are very warrior like and it's a high chance that a unit would be there looking to be hired. In addition the reason UN described.
For Peace and Honor.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:41 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:
Skaitsya wrote:Why are you getting involved in this war? What reason do you have? I thought you said you were overstretched :P

Her Empress is my King's younger cousin, and the Empire has named itself Representative of the Kemor people, a large ethnic group to which my people belong.

*grumbles* I wish Keo had more fleshed out factbooks. It would be interesting and also so much easier to understand why Keomora gets involved in practically every war in the Western half of TWI.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Keomora wrote:
Skaitsya wrote:Why are you getting involved in this war? What reason do you have? I thought you said you were overstretched :P

The KFL is not a part of the Keomoran Armed forces... they're a mercenary force and from what Upper Norseland described how his warriors are very warrior like and it's a high chance that a unit would be there looking to be hired. In addition the reason UN described.

Ugh everyone has mercenaries now. There's a reason they're out of fashion in the modern world. It's kind of silly how many there are, they're meant to fill a niche.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Skaitsya wrote:
Upper Norseland wrote:

*grumbles* I wish Keo had more fleshed out factbooks. It would be interesting and also so much easier to understand why Keomora gets involved in practically every war in the Western half of TWI.

Ever since this May I have been RPing a majority on the time via phone. I have enough time to RP but not enough to fill in my factbooks.
For Peace and Honor.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Well, we are not going to have the resources to be "hiring" anybody. We are going to be hopelessly crippled. Seems to me as if you should secretely task the otherwise unofficial KFL with a particular assignment. Is your Empress married?

Skaitsya wrote:*grumbles* I wish Keo had more fleshed out factbooks. It would be interesting and also so much easier to understand why Keomora gets involved in practically every war in the Western half of TWI.

Ikr? We've talked about so much, but her books haven't changed.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Skaitsya wrote:
Keomora wrote:The KFL is not a part of the Keomoran Armed forces... they're a mercenary force and from what Upper Norseland described how his warriors are very warrior like and it's a high chance that a unit would be there looking to be hired. In addition the reason UN described.

Ugh everyone has mercenaries now. There's a reason they're out of fashion in the modern world. It's kind of silly how many there are, they're meant to fill a niche.

Mercenaries are actually prevalent in the modern world. During the Iraqi occupation a lot of mercenaries or "security contractors" where hired. There have been so many wars in the WI that a mercenary force is viable.
For Peace and Honor.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:45 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:Well, we are not going to have the resources to be "hiring" anybody. We are going to be hopelessly crippled. Seems to me as if you should secretely task the otherwise unofficial KFL with a particular assignment. Is your Empress married?

Skaitsya wrote:*grumbles* I wish Keo had more fleshed out factbooks. It would be interesting and also so much easier to understand why Keomora gets involved in practically every war in the Western half of TWI.

Ikr? We've talked about so much, but her books haven't changed.

She used to be married.
For Peace and Honor.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:46 pm

Keomora wrote:

Ever since this May I have been RPing a majority on the time via phone. I have enough time to RP but not enough to fill in my factbooks.

You need factbooks to RP. How can you RP with someone if you next to nothing about their nation? You need factbooks.
Keomora wrote:
Skaitsya wrote:Ugh everyone has mercenaries now. There's a reason they're out of fashion in the modern world. It's kind of silly how many there are, they're meant to fill a niche.

Mercenaries are actually prevalent in the modern world. During the Iraqi occupation a lot of mercenaries or "security contractors" where hired. There have been so many wars in the WI that a mercenary force is viable.
But they don't call themselves mercenaries and aren't hired on a massive scale.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:30 pm

The US hired thousands
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Taziristan wrote:The US hired thousands

One of the main points about this region is that none of us are the US, IMO.

Anyway, I don't really know where I was going with that Tbh, I think I was more just kind of irritated by this mercenary craze. If everyone has Mercenary companies, then it's not a profitable business anymore.

Perawin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Perawin » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:43 pm

Perawin will intervene even if genocide has not been confirmed; the people are very sensitive to preventing genocide.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:08 pm

I feel like the actual camps in Taziristan are going to be full of interesting stories. I also feel that the Taziris are going to make a lot of comments comparing Norsemen to animals.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:29 pm

He'll yeah
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Moukere
Attaché

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Moukere » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:32 pm

How will my guys get There? I want to have some tribal militia helping their "brothers in the faith" but we have a distinct lack of Air Force and navy.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Moukere wrote:How will my guys get There? I want to have some tribal militia helping their "brothers in the faith" but we have a distinct lack of Air Force and navy.

The same way my guys are getting there I'm guessing, by Taziri ships. Your not the only one with a weak/non existent navy and Air Force.

Moukere
Attaché

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Moukere » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:37 pm

Skaitsya wrote:
Moukere wrote:How will my guys get There? I want to have some tribal militia helping their "brothers in the faith" but we have a distinct lack of Air Force and navy.

The same way my guys are getting there I'm guessing, by Taziri ships. Your not the only one with a weak/non existent navy and Air Force.

We have a weak non existent everything. Our army is still using AK-47s and few have body armour.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:40 pm

Tagged to keep track.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:01 pm

So, with Skaitsya and Moukere now being ferried by Taziristan, I'm thinking we'll need another nation with a significant amount of Naval power to keep Taziristan from having to commit a huge number of naval assets to such a large detour, just to get a tiny number of reinforcements.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:06 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:So, with Skaitsya and Moukere now being ferried by Taziristan, I'm thinking we'll need another nation with a significant amount of Naval power to keep Taziristan from having to commit a huge number of naval assets to such a large detour, just to get a tiny number of reinforcements.

Wellsia or Atnaia could. Me I gotta finish my military factbook before I can join.
For Peace and Honor.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:16 pm

Atnaia, probably not, since they're going to be leading the invasion of Taziristan later on once the Skaitsyans blow the whistle and the League confirms that my people are being genocided. Wellsia, didn't they say they were practically obsolete?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents