NATION

PASSWORD

The Proving Grounds [OOC Discussion]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Vistora wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:No, "Experience" and "Intelligence" are too really different things. People being skilled in something doesn't make them a genius in that field, and vice versa - potential geniuses don't step in as grandiose veterans. It'll make a lot of sense.

Experience and intelligence are very different phenomena, that is true, but they have fairly similar implications in a fight. Perhaps we can instead split up experience into Intelligence (cleverness in figuring out solutions to problems) and Expertise (skill in using their equipment)

I can live with that.

So that would leave us with Melee, Ranged, Agility, Intelligence, Expertise, Defence, Endurance, Stealth and Special. I'm inclined to believe that's the absolute limit if that's what we go with. Should I get the app updated now?
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

The Nexus of Man
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nexus of Man » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Vistora wrote:
Experience and intelligence are very different phenomena, that is true, but they have fairly similar implications in a fight. Perhaps we can instead split up experience into Intelligence (cleverness in figuring out solutions to problems) and Expertise (skill in using their equipment)

I can live with that.

So that would leave us with Melee, Ranged, Agility, Intelligence, Expertise, Defence, Endurance, Stealth and Special. I'm inclined to believe that's the absolute limit if that's what we go with. Should I get the app updated now?

Was going to say luck, but that's just me on a Fallout binge...

I personally think that this is the apex of the application's ability to cater to all sectors of a fighter's skill. Any more would probably lead to intersecting factors...

Say, is Perception good, or is that just unneeded and redundant too?

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:18 pm

The Nexus of Man wrote:
Blakullar wrote:I can live with that.

I personally think that this is the apex of the application's ability to cater to all sectors of a fighter's skill. Any more would probably lead to intersecting factors...

I think Perception is probably redundant and can be lumped with Ranged (marksmanship) and/or Intelligence.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

The Nexus of Man
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nexus of Man » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Blakullar wrote:
The Nexus of Man wrote:

I think Perception is probably redundant and can be lumped with Ranged (marksmanship) and/or Intelligence.

Alright; with that said, I think the new app's tweaks are good enough for a greenlight.

For group applications, do we rank each individual's factors and then make a mean cumulative score out of that, or do we just rate the group's factors as a whole?

(gives me more sh*t to scrutinize and write for my next app)

EDIT: a word
Last edited by The Nexus of Man on Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:25 pm

The Nexus of Man wrote:
Blakullar wrote:I think Perception is probably redundant and can be lumped with Ranged (marksmanship) and/or Intelligence.

Alright; with that said, I think the new app's tweaks are good enough for a greenlight.

For group applications, do we rank each individual's factors and then make a mean score out of that, or do we just rate the group's factors as a whole?

I'm inclined to go for an average score, though would be willing to hear out a different idea if anyone has one.

Anyhow, I shall hop to the app update.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:33 pm

Aaaaand done.

On a related note: GIG, when can I expect Shinji to respond to Trotskaya pummelling the crap out of him/his avatar?

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Blakullar wrote:Aaaaand done.

On a related note: GIG, when can I expect Shinji to respond to Trotskaya pummelling the crap out of him/his avatar?

Oi blyat, you forgot to add Endurance. Just to be clear, Endurance is like one's resistance to both fatigue and injury. If defense is the ability to block an attack, endurance is the ability to take the hit and keep going, like health or some shit.

The Nexus of Man
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nexus of Man » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Blakullar wrote:
The Nexus of Man wrote:

For group applications, do we rank each individual's factors and then make a mean score out of that, or do we just rate the group's factors as a whole?

I'm inclined to go for an average score, though would be willing to hear out a different idea if anyone has one.

Anyhow, I shall hop to the app update.

I myself may do per-member ratings just for the sake of accuracy, but eh. Sounds good to me.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:39 pm

Blakullar wrote:Aaaaand done.

I was expecting you to bring that up yesterday even.

Earliest by Sunday - my legs are now still in semi-terrible condition, so thinking straight isn't exactly my strong suit at the moment. Two words: ice skating.
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Vistora
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Vistora » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:56 pm

Roight, got my first app up. Tell-a-me what you guys think of Solid Snake Haivel Eposel! Funnily enough, he wasn't actually inspired by Snake...

Also, Blak, a few things; firstly, don't forget to add Endurance, which is essentially resistance to wear and fatigue over time. Secondly, I would recommend you change the description of Expertise to a more general statement about both experience with and mastery of various technical objects and situations beyond weapon usage.

Lastly, this guy either fights in a big building filled with rooms and cool things to haxx, or... he'll be very angry!

All weapons and equipment featured in this app are described in greater technical detail in my military factbooks, with a few exceptions that I will soon rectify.

APPLICATION FORM

Name of applicant: Colonel Haivel Eposel (Hay-vill Eh-poh-sel)

Biography: Somewhat of a modern legend amongst not only his VSOP colleagues, but the general Vistoran populace as well, Haivel Eposel is a seasoned veteran--approaching his twenty-sixth year of service, not to mention fiftieth of life--of the VSOP Gendarmerie's Dangerous Individuals Mitigation (DIM) Division, known more colloquially as a Headhunter. Born to a poor English family inhabiting the grittier parts of Reconstruction-era Britain, they later moved to Vistora in search of opportunity. During these moments of his early life, he familiarized himself with the violence, hardship, and tragedy plaguing the jam-packed slums of Union Centre and the dangerous streets of Vistora's industrial heartland, all the while forging himself a path towards a brighter future. Having demonstrated profound excellence in his studies, he was swiftly accepted into the VSOP Academy, where he spent the next six years proving time and again his truly remarkable skills in the fields of Urban CQC, Problem Perception and Resolution, and Crisis Negotiation -- all the prerequisites necessary for enlistment in his chosen occupation as a DIM Division VSOPerative. As of yet, he now holds the all-time records for the most critical situations descalated, the most forceful arrests with minimal casualties... and the most eliminations with minimal collateral.

His fame, however, is not so much the result of his stellar service record in the VSOP, but rather due to the creation of the widely popular and greatly lauded serial cinematic (high-budget television show) The Most Dangerous Game, wherein the physical dangers and social ostracization of Eposel's early years as a Headhunter are faithfully protrayed by the character Merek Anter, inspired by Eposel's younger self. Although the serial's popularity earned character, actor, and inspiration alike widespread adulation, Eposel himself remains a humble and dedicated member of the DIM Division, even turning down an offer to join the elite Wetworks Division to instead continue his service as a DIM Division operative of eminent ability and renown.

Gear:

Ranged:
  • 1x AM56 Vanguard Shotgun - Semi-Automatic. Fires 20mm buckshot shells from an 8-round magazine, with variable choke. Secondary fire shoots a high-explosive slug with a limited trajectory-correcting ability.
  • 2x AM32 Vigilante Revolvers - Dual-wielded. Each revolver holds 8 rounds per cylinder, with the right gun using armor-piercing bullets and the left gun using hollow-point bullets. Reloaded from thigh-mounted autoloaders.
  • 1x AM24 Apex Pistol - Suppressed. Equipped with subsonic smart ammunition and a fortified Spectre Cloak to allow preservation of stealth while firing.

Melee:
  • 2x AM01 Hunter Combat Knives - Modified blade produces an Excimer-like plasma sheath around the edge for maximal cutting ability.
  • 2x AM10 Tesla Drive Gauntlets - Modified to induce lethal, rather than incapacitative, electrical currents in the target. As a result, electrolaser functions are disabled.

Utilities/Ordnance:
  • 12x Modular Ordnance Units / 4x Fragmentation / 4x Smokescreen / 4x Incendiary - Remote-detonated grenades that can be attached to surfaces and used as proximity mines.
  • 1x Panocular Hybrid Recon Drone - Remote-controlled miniature stealth/recon drone capable of transforming between rover, quadcopter, and stationary forms. Can be directly remote-controlled with visual and audio feed or set to perform a number of automated tasks, such as scouting or sentry. Can deploy up to four stationary mini holoprojector/cameras and be used as a signal router for the autohack program, but contains no armaments save for a small explosive payload that destroys the drone.

Armor (VSOP Integration Suit Modules):
  • NI Layer - Neurointegration provides DNI control of all accessible systems, including all preconnected devices and any device hacked during combat. Contains a powerful "autohack" worm program designed to compromise digital systems and give access to their functions.
  • MM Battery - Compact solid-state electrical energy storage device.
  • VSC Suite - Sensor and computation suite that provides a detailed volumetric map of one's surroundings and other battlefield information to the helmet HUD, contains an array of advanced imaging technology such as infrared and terahertz vision, and links all weapon systems to an onboard "smart" network of ITFF (Identification & Tracking, Friend or Foe) targeting technologies, including aim correction and trajectory information for self-correcting projectiles.
  • Bioprez Layer - Biomedical fluid layer expands into a foam to seal, sterilize, anesthetize, and catalyze the healing of open wounds.
  • Micromesh Layer - Nigh-impermeable, flexible carbon nanotube weave, highly resistant to puncture damage.
  • RSL Layer - Shear-thickening semifluid forms rigid plating when under significant force.
  • CF Layer - Contractile fibers parallel to limbs augment strength and speed of ordinary movements.
  • CMC Plating - Titanum Carbide CNT-MMC plating shields against significant levels of damage from many sources.
  • MSC System - Cloaking system that conceals one from detection across several spectra of light, albeit with a small level of imperfection.
  • VEM Suite - Several devices used to enhance mobility in a wide array of environments, such as compact grapnels, climbing spikes, magnetoadhesion surfaces, and jump jets.

Abilities:
  • Autohack program can take control of separate systems and manipulate them to his advantage, controlling a myriad of environmental factors and jamming the electronics of opponents, provided their systems are vulnerable enough.
  • Surveillance technology gives him the ability to monitor and keep track of huge sections of even a closed, highly compartmentalized battlefield.
  • His suit augments his strength and speed to just-about superhuman levels.

Advantages: First and foremost, this old dog knows quite a few tricks. His great experience in fighting one-on-one with every variety of violent psychopath imaginable, often in thoroughly hostile environments and with immense potential for collateral, has made him an exceptionally wily and cunning fighter, capable of using every aspect of his element of the fight to his considerable advantage. Most notably, he can use his perception and expertise in crisis negotiation to "get inside" his opponent's head and exploit the knowledge he gains, deducing their tactics, strategies, and even lines of thought and vexing them psychologically with subsequently formulated actions. At its extreme, he can convince any suitably pliable enemy into resigning from the fight, or otherwise undertaking highly atypical actions.

Moreover, he will rig and manipulate his surroundings in every manner possible, creating traps, obstructions, and escape routes that enemies seldom foresee or even notice until it's too late. His creative usage of geometry is unprecedented; every wall and floor is just an ambush breach-point in waiting, and he is adept as maneuvering through dense, enclosed spaces with ease. This is augmented significantly by his hacking and surveillance technology, giving him the ability to rapidly familiarize himself and establish comprehensive control over any given area. To put it simply, all turf is home turf for Eposel.

Physically, he is just about as capable as he ever was; spry, strong, nimble, and enormously skilled. Having operated in extremely close quarters his entire career, Eposel excels at hand-to-hand combat. He is a Grandmaster in S3 (the VSOP's comprehensively lethal martial art), and is highly skilled with his twin combat knives, able still to attack at blinding speeds with them both. His usage of his trusty shotgun is nearly faultless, utilizing the spread of its pellets not as a hindrance to accuracy, but as a unique benefit in and of itself. Nevertheless, if accuracy is necessary, he is a crack shot with the both of his revolvers and his pistol, albeit slightly assisted by his targeting systems. His Integration Suit, meanwhile, is absolutely indispensable; it provides considerably for his defense, augments his agility, and equips him with a state-of-the-art stealth system that he uses to great effect.

Disadvantages: Nevertheless, no matter how you spin it, he's still getting rather old, especially for a job as immensely demanding as his. Although Vistora's highly advanced gerontobiomedicine means that he still has the strength and speed of a thirty-year-old, his endurance has nevertheless begun to decline with age. Extremely protracted encounters run the risk of tiring him out, impacting his physical performance in other areas as well as his perception and reflexes, and landing a decisive strike on a weakened or vulnerable spot on his body will have a heightened effect in debilitating his performance. Though not a baseliner per say, his genetic augmentations are not particularly extensive, and thus he retains many of the physiological weaknesses of a typical unaltered human.

His equipment certainly has its limitations as well. Defense-wise, he is only marginally more resistant to the universal killer that is inertia than anybody else; explosions of sufficiently great magnitude will kill him as they do anybody else, even as his armor protects him from much of the heat and shrapnel. The same can be said of sustained fire from a particularly heavy projectile weapon; although it would require a relatively significant number of high-calibre bullets to pierce his armor, the sheer trauma is likely to injure him severely. His strength is also only augmented to a limited degree, about a factor of two at most. His suit's cloaking system faces shortcomings of its own; while cloaked, he is still identifiable by a slight distortion and discoloration in the air perceptible when he is moving. The cloaking laminate itself is subject to wear and tear under extreme circumstances, resulting in increasing visibility as it is progressively damaged.

Finally, his zone-of-control technology possesses its own limitations as well. The drone itself, while stealthy and fairly silent in all modes of operation, is easily destroyed if spotted, and cannot attack save for its one-use detonation, which in and of itself is not hugely dangerous. The holoprojector-cameras likewise are built for stealth and portability, meaning both the holograms they project and the feed they provide are limited in resolution, duration, and the spectral range they cover. His autohack program is limited insofar as it is fully automated, and as a result can only penetrate and gain control of low-security systems. Door locks, lighting systems, basic appliances, and the like are all easily compromised by the virus, but the opponent's own electronic systems are likely much more difficult to crack, requiring concerted time and effort if it is to be accomplished at all.

Melee rating: 7/10 - Very swift in his attacks, but vulnerable to an opponent possessing more raw strength.
Ranged rating: 9/10 - His shotgun is devastating in close to medium ranges, and his revolvers pick up the slack further out.
Defence rating: 7/10 - His armor is thickly layered and supremely engineered, yet still ultimately constrained by its wearer.
Agility rating: 8/10 - He is still very nimble, capable of agile movement in all dimensions even without his grapnels and adhesion surfaces.
Intelligence rating: 9/10 - Extraordinarily perceptive and adept at finding creative solutions to problems, he is rarely caught playing the fool.
Expertise rating: 10/10 - Quite simply, he's seen it all. He's witnessed every nightmare, shouldered every crisis, forged through them all, and lived to tell the tale.
Endurance 6/10 - His advanced age for a special-forces commando cannot be denied, nor can its aforementioned effects.
Stealth rating: 8/10 - Not only does he possess excellent equipment, but he is capable of using it all correctly, in tandem with traditional stealth tactics.
Special rating: 7/10 - His zone-of-control technology gives him a particular edge in any somewhat closed environment with plenty of devices to hack.
Overall challenge rating: 7.9/10 - For a man pushing fifty, he's pretty fucking badass.

Do you agree with the Terms of Participation? Aye laddie

#thistotallyisntthehammerfalltwoapp
Tag for finding apps, please do not delete.
Last edited by Vistora on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:14 am, edited 8 times in total.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:34 am

Vistora wrote:Roight, got my first app up. Tell-a-me what you guys think of Solid Snake Haivel Eposel! Funnily enough, he wasn't actually inspired by Snake...

Also, Blak, a few things; firstly, don't forget to add Endurance, which is essentially resistance to wear and fatigue over time. Secondly, I would recommend you change the description of Expertise to a more general statement about both experience with and mastery of various technical objects and situations beyond weapon usage.

Lastly, this guy either fights in a big building filled with rooms and cool things to haxx, or... he'll be very angry!

All weapons and equipment featured in this app are described in greater technical detail in my military factbooks, with a few exceptions that I will soon rectify.

APPLICATION FORM

Name of applicant: Haivel Eposel (Hay-vill Eh-poh-sel)

Biography: Somewhat of a modern legend amongst not only his VSOP colleagues, but the general Vistoran populcae as well, Haivel Eposel is a seasoned veteran--approaching his twenty-sixth year of service, not to mention fiftieth of life--of the VSOP Gendarmerie's Dangerous Individuals Mitigation (DIM) Division, known more colloquially as a Headhunter. Born to a poor English family inhabiting the grittier parts of Reconstruction-era Britain, they later moved to Vistora in search of opportunity. During these moments of his early life, he familiarized himself with the violence, hardship, and tragedy plaguing the jam-packed slums of Union Centre and the dangerous streets of Vistora's industrial heartland, all the while forging himself a path towards a brighter future. Having demonstrated profound excellence in his studies, he was swiftly accepted into the VSOP Academy, where he spent the next six years proving time and again his truly remarkable skills in the fields of Urban CQC, Problem Perception and Resolution, and Crisis Negotiation -- all the prerequisites necessary for enlistment in his chosen occupation as a DIM Division VSOPerative. As of yet, he now holds the all-time records for the most critical situations descalated, the most forceful arrests with minimal casualties... and the most eliminations with minimal collateral.

His fame, however, is not so much the result of his stellar service record in the VSOP, but rather due to the creation of the widely popular and greatly lauded serial cinematic (high-budget television show) The Most Dangerous Game, wherein the physical dangers and social ostracization of Eposel's early years as a Headhunter are faithfully protrayed by the character Merek Anter, inspired by Eposel's younger self. Although the serial's popularity earned character, actor, and inspiration alike widespread adulation, Eposel himself remains a humble and dedicated member of the DIM Division, even turning down an offer to join the elite Wetworks Division to instead continue his service as a DIM Division operative of eminent ability and renown.

Gear:

Ranged:
  • 1x AM56 Vanguard Shotgun - Semi-Automatic. Fires 20mm buckshot shells from an 8-round magazine, with variable choke. Secondary fire shoots a high-explosive slug with a limited trajectory-correcting ability.
  • 2x AM32 Vigilante Revolvers - Dual-wielded. Each revolver holds 8 rounds per cylinder, with the right gun using armor-piercing bullets and the left gun using hollow-point bullets. Reloaded from thigh-mounted autoloaders.
  • 1x AM24 Apex Pistol - Suppressed. Equipped with subsonic smart ammunition and a fortified Spectre Cloak to allow preservation of stealth while firing.

Melee:
  • 2x AM01 Hunter Combat Knives - Modified blade produces an Excimer-like plasma sheath around the edge fro maximal cutting ability.
  • 2x AM10 Tesla Drive Gauntlets - Modified to induce lethal, rather than incapacitative, electrical currents in the target. As a result, electrolaser functions are disabled.

Utilities/Ordnance:
  • 12x Modular Ordnance Units / 4x Fragmentation / 4x Smokescreen / 4x Incendiary - Remote-detonated grenades that can be attached to surfaces and used as proximity mines.
  • 1x Skirmisher Hybrid Drone - Remote-controlled miniature stealth/recon drone capable of transforming between rover, quadcopter, and stationary forms. Can be directly remote-controlled with visual and audio feed or set to perform a number of automated tasks, such as scouting or sentry. Can deploy up to four stationary mini holoprojector/cameras and be used as a signal router for the autohack program, but contains no armaments save for a small explosive payload that destroys the drone.

Armor (VSOP Integration Suit Modules):
  • NI Layer - Neurointegration provides DNI control of all accessible systems, including all preconnected devices and any device hacked during combat. Contains a powerful "autohack" worm program designed to compromise digital systems and give access to their functions.
  • VSC Suite - Sensor and computation suite that provides a detailed volumetric map of one's surroundings and other battlefield information to the helmet HUD, contains an array of advanced imaging technology such as infrared and terahertz vision, and links all weapon systems to an onboard "smart" network of ITFF (Identification & Tracking, Friend or Foe) targeting technologies, including aim correction and trajectory information for self-correcting projectiles.
  • Bioprez Layer - Biomedical fluid layer expands into a foam to seal, sterilize, anesthetize, and catalyze the healing of open wounds.
  • Micromesh Layer - Nigh-impermeable, flexible carbon nanotube weave, highly resistant to puncture damage.
  • RSL Layer - Shear-thickening semifluid forms rigid plating when under significant force.
  • CF Layer - Contractile fibers parallel to limbs augment strength and speed of ordinary movements.
  • CMC Plating - Titanum Carbide CNT-MMC plating shields against significant levels of damage from many sources.
  • MSC System - Cloaking system that conceals one from detection across several spectra of light, albeit with a small level of imperfection.
  • VEM Suite - Several devices used to enhance mobility in a wide array of environments, such as compact grapnels, climbing spikes, and magnetoadhesion surfaces.

Abilities:
  • Autohack program can take control of separate systems and manipulate them to his advantage, controlling a myriad of environmental factors and jamming the electronics of opponents, provided their systems are vulnerable enough.
  • Surveillance technology gives him the ability to monitor and keep track of huge sections of even a closed, highly compartmentalized battlefield.
  • His suit augments his strength and speed to just-about superhuman levels.

Advantages: First and foremost, this old dog knows quite a few tricks. His great experience in fighting one-on-one with every variety of violent psychopath imaginable, often in thoroughly hostile environments and with immense potential for collateral, has made him an exceptionally wily and cunning fighter, capable of using every aspect of his element of the fight to his considerable advantage. Most notably, he can use his perception and expertise in crisis negotiation to "get inside" his opponent's head and exploit the knowledge he gains, deducing their tactics, strategies, and even lines of thought and vexing them psychologically with subsequently formulated actions. At its extreme, he can convince any suitably pliable enemy into resigning from the fight, or otherwise undertaking highly atypical actions.

Moreover, he will rig and manipulate his surroundings in every manner possible, creating traps, obstructions, and escape routes that enemies seldom foresee or even notice until it's too late. His creative usage of geometry is unprecedented; every wall and floor is just an ambush breach-point in waiting, and he is adept as maneuvering through dense, enclosed spaces with ease. This is augmented significantly by his hacking and surveillance technology, giving him the ability to rapidly familiarize himself and establish comprehensive control over any given area. To put it simply, all turf is home turf for Eposel.

Physically, he is just about as capable as he ever was; spry, strong, nimble, and enormously skilled. Having operated in extremely close quarters his entire career, Eposel excels at hand-to-hand combat. He is a Grandmaster in S3 (the VSOP's comprehensively lethal martial art), and is highly skilled with his twin combat knives, able still to attack at blinding speeds with them both. His usage of his trusty shotgun is nearly faultless, utilizing the spread of its pellets not as a hindrance to accuracy, but as a unique benefit in and of itself. Nevertheless, if accuracy is necessary, he is a crack shot with the both of his revolvers and his pistol, albeit slightly assisted by his targeting systems. His Integration Suit, meanwhile, is absolutely indispensable; it provides considerably for his defense, augments his agility, and equips him with a state-of-the-art stealth system that he uses to great effect.

Disadvantages: Nevertheless, no matter how you spin it, he's still getting rather old, especially for a job as immensely demanding as his. Although Vistora's highly advanced gerontobiomedicine means that he still has the strength and speed of a thirty-year-old, his endurance has nevertheless begun to decline with age. Extremely protracted encounters run the risk of tiring him out, impacting his physical performance in other areas as well as his perception and reflexes, and landing a decisive strike on a weakened or vulnerable spot on his body will have a heightened effect in debilitating his performance. Though not a baseliner per say, his genetic augmentations are not particularly extensive, and thus he retains many of the physiological weaknesses of a typical unaltered human.

His equipment certainly has its limitations as well. Defense-wise, he is only marginally more resistant to the universal killer that is inertia than anybody else; explosions of sufficiently great magnitude will kill him as they do anybody else, even as his armor protects him from much of the heat and shrapnel. The same can be said of sustained fire from a particularly heavy projectile weapon; although it would require a relatively significant number of high-calibre bullets to pierce his armor, the sheer trauma is likely to injure him severely. His strength is also only augmented to a limited degree, about a factor of two at most. His suit's cloaking system faces shortcomings of its own; while cloaked, he is still identifiable by a slight distortion and discoloration in the air perceptible when he is moving. The cloaking laminate itself is subject to wear and tear under extreme circumstances, resulting in increasing visibility as it is progressively damaged.

Finally, his zone-of-control technology possesses its own limitations as well. The drone itself, while stealthy and fairly silent in all modes of operation, is easily destroyed if spotted, and cannot attack save for its one-use detonation, which in and of itself is not hugely dangerous. The holoprojector-cameras likewise are built for stealth and portability, meaning both the holograms they project and the feed they provide are limited in resolution, duration, and the spectral range they cover. His autohack program is limited insofar as it is fully automated, and as a result can only penetrate and gain control of low-security systems. Door locks, lighting systems, basic appliances, and the like are all easily compromised by the virus, but the opponent's own electronic systems are likely much more difficult to crack, requiring concerted time and effort if it is to be accomplished at all.

Melee rating: 7/10 - Very swift in his attacks, but vulnerable to an opponent possessing more raw strength.
Ranged rating: 9/10 - His shotgun is devastating in close to medium ranges, and his revolves pick up the slack further out.
Defence rating: 7/10 - His armor is thickly layered and supremely engineered, yet still ultimately constrained by its wearer.
Agility rating: 8/10 - He is still very nimble, capable of agile movement in all dimensions even without his grapnels and adhesion surfaces.
Intelligence rating: 9/10 - Extraordinarily perceptive and adept at finding creative solutions to problems, he is rarely caught playing the fool.
Expertise rating: 10/10 - Quite simply, he's seen it all. He's witnessed every nightmare, shouldered every crisis, forged through them all, and lived to tell the tale.
Endurance 6/10 - His advanced age for a special-forces commando cannot be denied, nor can its aforementioned effects.
Stealth rating: 8/10 - Not only does he possess excellent equipment, but he is capable of using it all correctly, in tandem with traditional stealth tactics.
Special rating: 7/10 - His zone-of-control technology gives him a particular edge in any somewhat closed environment with plenty of devices to hack.
Overall challenge rating: 7.9/10 - For a man pushing fifty, he's pretty fucking badass.

Do you agree with the Terms of Participation? Aye laddie

#thistotallyisntthehammerfalltwoapp
Tag for finding apps, please do not delete.

I swear I put Endurance in when I updated it. Then again, I ought to point out that I was getting pretty tired while I was updating the app. But you shall be glad to know that I am not tired anymore and will fix up the app soon (along with adding Eposel to the roster).

You'll also be glad to know that I've got a few pretty good ideas for dynamic arenas rigged up in my mind for my next battle - one of which is situated aboard the MSS Vladimir Lenin in the middle of its last battle. Bring zero-g combat gear. And a parachute.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:44 am

Did I say Sunday? I meant, I could put up with the pain and generate a post of lower quality than usual, maybe.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:52 am

Gigaverse wrote:Did I say Sunday? I meant, I could put up with the pain and generate a post of lower quality than usual, maybe.

Single-INCH bullets? Are you sure that's not a typo?

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:53 am

Blakullar wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:Did I say Sunday? I meant, I could put up with the pain and generate a post of lower quality than usual, maybe.

Single-INCH bullets? Are you sure that's not a typo?

Want me to scale them down?

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:56 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Single-INCH bullets? Are you sure that's not a typo?

Want me to scale them down?

No, no, she can take it. Well, barely, anyway.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:21 am

Um

Let's just say Trots' state of mind is so confused right now that I hardly got what happened in your newest post, Blak

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:25 am

Gigaverse wrote:Um

Let's just say Trots' state of mind is so confused right now that I hardly got what happened in your newest post, Blak

She's basically pinned him to the ground with her sword and is repeatedly punching him in the face until he (hopefully) dies, the idea being that if she dies, he dies with her. I thought I made it pretty clear...

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:26 am

Blakullar wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:Um

She's basically pinned him to the ground with her sword and is repeatedly punching him in the face until he (hopefully) dies, the idea being that if she dies, he dies with her. I thought I made it pretty clear...

I got the former; but the latter was only clear just now. Alright, I'll go read that all over again. :p

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:33 am

Hold on, wait, I finally got what's going there;

I might have not worded it clearly enough, but... he already launched that blue-apocalypse attack I described.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:39 am

Gigaverse wrote:Hold on, wait, I finally got what's going there;

I might have not worded it clearly enough, but... he already launched that blue-apocalypse attack I described.

Well, that's why I threw in the "even as her life support systems told tales of burning flesh and deteriorating structural integrity". This is an attack she most certainly won't be getting up from.

All she can hope for now is that Sakahara bites it either with her or before her, hence why she impales him with the sword, jumps on him and starts smashing his head in.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:41 am

Blakullar wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:Hold on, wait, I finally got what's going there;

Well, that's why I threw in the "even as her life support systems told tales of burning flesh and deteriorating structural integrity". This is an attack she most certainly won't be getting up from.

All she can hope for now is that Sakahara bites it either with her or before her, hence why she impales him with the sword, jumps on him and starts smashing his head in.

Then she's in for a surprise premortem. :lol:

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Well, that's why I threw in the "even as her life support systems told tales of burning flesh and deteriorating structural integrity". This is an attack she most certainly won't be getting up from.

Then she's in for a surprise premortem. :lol:

Oh Jesus, this isn't another avatar of his, is it?

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:51 am

Blakullar wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:Then she's in for a surprise premortem. :lol:

Oh Jesus, this isn't another avatar of his, is it?

It isn't.

In my original plan, it was; but then I decided to screw it and kick the brat around a bit.
Last edited by Gigaverse on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blakullar
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:57 am

Gigaverse wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Oh Jesus, this isn't another avatar of his, is it?

It isn't.

In my original plan, it was; but then I decided to screw it and kick the brat around a bit.

I mean, I wasn't expecting her to get a flawless victory out of it (she is, after all, basically fighting something at least as powerful as an OTAN Avatar, which has verifiably kicked her ass before), but hopefully she'll be able to drag at least something out of the battle before she kicks the bucket.

Part of the Frencoverse.

NS stats not included.

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:04 am

Blakullar wrote:
Gigaverse wrote:It isn't.

I mean, I wasn't expecting her to get a flawless victory out of it (she is, after all, basically fighting something at least as powerful as an OTAN Avatar, which has verifiably kicked her ass before), but hopefully she'll be able to drag at least something out of the battle before she kicks the bucket.

I'm still curious; when did that happen? Way back when she was still young and inexperienced?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents