NATION

PASSWORD

1870-1920 Era War: A Twist (IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:13 pm

The Traansval wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Landa Street Cafe, 1211 Landa Street, 6:00 PM
Trumann looked at his pocket watch, he was to meet someone here. Though he was pretty sure that this could be a trick to kill him, he still needed the support. He soon found a table in the top right hand corner of the walled of section, sitting down. Tell you the truth, Trumann hated this cafe. Any building named after a person for such barbaric deeds was bound to be horrible. "Waiter." Trumann called out. The waiter walked over to him. "Ja? What would you like to order?" The Waiter asked. "Black Coffee with two tablespoons of honey from a Maxtopian Bee Hive." Trumann replied

The waiter nodded, quickly writing down Herr Van Trumann's order and then going towards the double glass doors. On his way, he bumped into a wind chime, setting it off.

After the waiter had entered the building, a man dressed in the latest of Warglorian Fashion, a nicely fitting brown almost black suit with a matching bowler and leather shoes entered the small gated patio of the Landa Street Cafe. He stuffed a newspaper into his coat pocket, and turned with a surprised face towards Herr Van Trumann.

Warglorian Gentleman: Johann! Johann, its me, Jakob! I haven't seen you since Cadet School (OOC: I assume in Wargloria, Teens go to Cadet School instead of High School). Hey! Here are those Marks i owe you for our bet, who knew Frommer would actually get married!

The gentlemen reached into a pocket on his vest, and produced a wad of marks which he then handed to Trumann. A small white piece of paper stuck out of the middle of the wad.

Play along, there are spies everywhere. Don't worry about the coffee, we own this place.

Jakob: Hey, would you like to come back to my place? Me and Hannah would love to have you over, we used to be the best of friends back in School, i'm sure she'd be THRILLED to see you again! Its just down the block here, i was actually going home when i saw you. What do you say?

"Very well Jakob, I don't have much else to do anyways." Trumann said, playing along. Meanwhile, on the other side of the street in an apartment room, a Gestapo Agent with a sniper rifle was looking through the scope onto Trumann. As Trumann started moving, the small walkie-talkie he had beside him cracked alive. "Franz, anything?" The man on the other side said. "Ja, the suspect is moving with a man in a brown suit and a brown bowler hat, should I take the shot?" Franz replied. "Negative, Landa wanted surveillance only." The man on the other side said.

Soon Trumann and 'Jakob' were walking down the street.
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:49 pm

The Traansval wrote:
The waiter nodded, quickly writing down Herr Van Trumann's order and then going towards the double glass doors. On his way, he bumped into a wind chime, setting it off.

After the waiter had entered the building, a man dressed in the latest of Warglorian Fashion, a nicely fitting brown almost black suit with a matching bowler and leather shoes entered the small gated patio of the Landa Street Cafe. He stuffed a newspaper into his coat pocket, and turned with a surprised face towards Herr Van Trumann.

(Image)

Warglorian Gentleman: Johann! Johann, its me, Jakob! I haven't seen you since Cadet School (OOC: I assume in Wargloria, Teens go to Cadet School instead of High School). Hey! Here are those Marks i owe you for our bet, who knew Frommer would actually get married!

The gentlemen reached into a pocket on his vest, and produced a wad of marks which he then handed to Trumann. A small white piece of paper stuck out of the middle of the wad.

Play along, there are spies everywhere. Don't worry about the coffee, we own this place.

Jakob: Hey, would you like to come back to my place? Me and Hannah would love to have you over, we used to be the best of friends back in School, i'm sure she'd be THRILLED to see you again! Its just down the block here, i was actually going home when i saw you. What do you say?

"Very well Jakob, I don't have much else to do anyways." Trumann said, playing along. Meanwhile, on the other side of the street in an apartment room, a Gestapo Agent with a sniper rifle was looking through the scope onto Trumann. As Trumann started moving, the small walkie-talkie he had beside him cracked alive. "Franz, anything?" The man on the other side said. "Ja, the suspect is moving with a man in a brown suit and a brown bowler hat, should I take the shot?" Franz replied. "Negative, Landa wanted surveillance only." The man on the other side said.

After a handful of minutes the two men came upon a row of upper class apartment buildings, with those green awnings and a door man, who was of course on the NAD Payroll. Jakob said a greeting to the man, who opened the door and Jakob gave the man a 5 mark tip as usual. The lobby was empty, with a man at the counter who had a pistol taped to the underside of his desk and bellboy who was sitting on that baggage carrier and had a stiletto hidden in his jacket sleeve. Jakob said hello to the man at the counter who tossed Jakob the keys to his apartment.

After ascending with the elevator, and tipping the elevator boy who was trained in CQC and Martial Arts, Jakob and Van Trumann walked down the hallway to Apartment 725. Opening the door, Jakob threw his coat on a stand and closed the door behind him and Van Trumann. A woman in a pair of trousers and a white linen shirt stood on a stool, running a small device with a couple of cords sticking out of it over the wall before stepping off and nodding. The thick curtains were drawn over the windows.

Agent Hannah Muller: Swept it for recorders again, nothing. Sound proofed the walls too, like we do every fucking day Jakob.

Agent Jakob Muller: Herr Johann Van Trumann, this is my partner Hannah Muller. I, as you already know, and Jakob Muller. We are here on behalf of the Departement van Nationaal Zaken, or National Affairs Department often shortened to NAD. I assume you've heard of it?

Jakob laughed and then pulled up a stool to the small kitchen counter.

Agent Jakob Muller: I apologize for the cloak and dagger, but the Gestapo is everywhere. The NAD has been here since 1874 and we still can only pull off minor Information Gathering. The exception of course being our raid on the Eisenwald Prison, but thats Top Secret i'm afraid.

Agent Jakob took a swig from a bottle of Warglorian Whiskey, which was a bright orange color.

Agent Jakob Muller: So, you sent us a letter asking for Foreign Support for a Democratic Uprising. In Wargloria. You have big balls my friend. Fortunately, we've been trying to do this for a long, long time. So, how can we help.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 pm

The Traansval wrote:

After a handful of minutes the two men came upon a row of upper class apartment buildings, with those green awnings and a door man, who was of course on the NAD Payroll. Jakob said a greeting to the man, who opened the door and Jakob gave the man a 5 mark tip as usual. The lobby was empty, with a man at the counter who had a pistol taped to the underside of his desk and bellboy who was sitting on that baggage carrier and had a stiletto hidden in his jacket sleeve. Jakob said hello to the man at the counter who tossed Jakob the keys to his apartment.

After ascending with the elevator, and tipping the elevator boy who was trained in CQC and Martial Arts, Jakob and Van Trumann walked down the hallway to Apartment 725. Opening the door, Jakob threw his coat on a stand and closed the door behind him and Van Trumann. A woman in a pair of trousers and a white linen shirt stood on a stool, running a small device with a couple of cords sticking out of it over the wall before stepping off and nodding. The thick curtains were drawn over the windows.

Agent Hannah Muller: Swept it for recorders again, nothing. Sound proofed the walls too, like we do every fucking day Jakob.

Agent Jakob Muller: Herr Johann Van Trumann, this is my partner Hannah Muller. I, as you already know, and Jakob Muller. We are here on behalf of the Departement van Nationaal Zaken, or National Affairs Department often shortened to NAD. I assume you've heard of it?

Agent Jakob Muller: I apologize for the cloak and dagger, but the Gestapo is everywhere. The NAD has been here since 1874 and we still can only pull off minor Information Gathering. The exception of course being our raid on the Eisenwald Prison, but thats Top Secret i'm afraid.

Agent Jakob took a swig from a bottle of Warglorian Whiskey, which was a bright orange color.

Agent Jakob Muller: So, you sent us a letter asking for Foreign Support for a Democratic Uprising. In Wargloria. You have big balls my friend. Fortunately, we've been trying to do this for a long, long time. So, how can we help.

Trumann sat down on a chair. "That's because you have either been trying to use your own devices, of course, as you should already know, Warglorians hate foreigners trying to overthrow the government, but if they do, the Warglorian Populace usually swears loyalty to the next Führer, this is what I hope." Trumann said. "One of my contacts told me that a week from now Landa, Lindenburg and Aryan will be attending a meeting at his office in the Reichschancellery, my plan is to either kidnap or kill Landa and his cabinet, we kill or capture Landa, Lindenburg and Aryan, we gain control since we would have just eliminated the Warglorian line of succession."

"I have 2 scenarios, one, we kill Landa and his cabinet, and two, we capture them instead, if we go with scenario one, I need your agents, if possible, to support my paramilitary troops in putting down the other parties so only the Gloraros Party has complete control, we will then take power, and send out messages to the other garrisons and armies, they will either join us or die." Trumann continued. "In the case of scenario B, we force Landa to broadcast a message to appoint me as the new Führer, the people will have to obey in accordance to law, I know it is slightly hard to ask, since, from what I heard, Landa was a member of the resistance that tried to help the NAD, but it must all be done for the greater good."

"Now what I will need is weapons, funding, garrison locations, defectors, and if possible, more agents to help me when the Coup comes."
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 pm

The Traansval wrote:

Trumann sat down on a chair. "That's because you have either been trying to use your own devices, of course, as you should already know, Warglorians hate foreigners trying to overthrow the government, but if they do, the Warglorian Populace usually swears loyalty to the next Führer, this is what I hope." Trumann said. "One of my contacts told me that a week from now Landa, Lindenburg and Aryan will be attending a meeting at his office in the Reichschancellery, my plan is to either kidnap or kill Landa and his cabinet, we kill or capture Landa, Lindenburg and Aryan, we gain control since we would have just eliminated the Warglorian line of succession."

"I have 2 scenarios, one, we kill Landa and his cabinet, and two, we capture them instead, if we go with scenario one, I need your agents, if possible, to support my paramilitary troops in putting down the other parties so only the Gloraros Party has complete control, we will then take power, and send out messages to the other garrisons and armies, they will either join us or die." Trumann continued. "In the case of scenario B, we force Landa to broadcast a message to appoint me as the new Führer, the people will have to obey in accordance to law, I know it is slightly hard to ask, since, from what I heard, Landa was a member of the resistance that tried to help the NAD, but it must all be done for the greater good."

"Now what I will need is weapons, funding, garrison locations, defectors, and if possible, more agents to help me when the Coup comes."

Agent Jakob Muller: The NAD has delegated to me and the Warglorian Sector a team of 60 NAD SOK-W Troopers. These men are the most elite troopers in the Traansval, their the best of the best that we can offer to fight. We can also bring in the Warglorian Foreign Legionaries to fight in your Paramilitary Group, increasing your numbers with veteran troopers and NCO's to train your men. As to weapons, we can supply Mauser 1890 Carbines, their handy rifles that fire the 8mm Mauser Round, and also a assortment of Machine Guns, Handguns, and other firearms.

Muller picked up a leather case by the living room couch, and opened it pulling out the manilla folder full of papers and set it on the counter top.

Agent Jakob Muller: As i said, for the past few Decades we have been preforming Recon and Intelligence Gathering in Wargloria. This involved a little wiretapping, but mainly its been Agents simply observing the enviroment around them. We have general reports of the goings on of the Nation, here are the troop reports and do remember these are mainly based off estimates made by a Agent through a looking glass, although we do have some Reports intercepted on the Wire's. All our info is in here for you to look over. We have 12 NAD-SOK Agents stationed in Wargloria, all of which can support you. If you need to contact us, write your message on a slip of paper and then put it in a wad of Marks and give it to that Waiter at the Landa Cafe as a Tip.

Agent Jakob: Anyway, we'd prefer the Second Option. It will lead to a more Stable Wargloria, and will bring about a smoother and fast change. However, we are prepared with contingencies if we need to go ahead with the first plan, but let us strive for the Second.
Last edited by The Traansval on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:09 pm

The Imperial Army was designing a series of four new tanks. Two were intended as infantry support vehicles, one equipped with two machine guns and one with a machine gun and a light cannon. One would be a new light tank, armed with a 57mm gun, and one would be a medium tank with a 76.2mm gun. The light and medium tank chassis would also be used as mounts for anti-tank guns, intended to destroy other tanks from a greater range than traditional tanks could.

The Manticoran Empire wrote:The Manticoran Army had decided they needed a new use for their unused artillery rockets.
(Image)
The plan was a simple one: they would mount the rockets on trucks and use them to provide withering fire during siege operations. Each truck would have 48 rockets and would be organized into batteries of four, further organized into an artillery battalion equal in strength to the howitzers. It was decided that one battalion of rockets would be added to each tank and motorized division.

Despite having been largely ignored by the Army, the Navy and Marines had rediscovered the rocket artillery, which had been continuing their research. The new rockets were heavier, had a greater range and payload, and could be mounted on trucks. Each rocket was 80 centimeters long, 13.2 centimeters in diameter, and weighed 42 kilograms. They could be mounted on racks that carried 14 or 48 rockets and could be carried by trucks, tanks, armored cars, and warships. They were less accurate than guns but could deliver far more destructive force over a wider area, making them excellent for a pre-landing bombardment. The Navy refitted several troopships with rocket batteries and found that, in 7-10 seconds, they could fire a volley heavier than a battle squadron. And, when mounted on trucks, the batteries were extremely mobile, capable of firing and then moving to a new position to reload.
With the new rockets, both the Army and Marine Corps placed orders for them to be attached to Corps level artillery and the Navy ordered purpose built rocket-ships, armed with dozens of rocket racks for massive coastal bombardments.
Last edited by The Manticoran Empire on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For: Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan, American Nationalism, American citizens of Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands receiving a congressional vote and being allowed to vote for president, military, veterans before refugees, guns, pro choice, LGBT marriage, plural marriage, US Constitution, World Peace, Global Unity.

Against: Communism, Socialism, Fascism, Liberalism, Theocracy, Corporatocracy.

By the Blood of our Fathers, By the Blood of our Sons, we fight, we die, we sacrifice for the Good of the Empire.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:19 pm

Skartenian Coast
The new land was good for economy, but it meant a thing. More coast to protect.

The Skartenian army main job now was mostly protecting the Redland Trench line or protecting the beaches.

Concrete fortresses were built. In peace time, they were to be locked. In an scenario where war started, they would be filled with Howitzers,Naval artillery and Machine Guns.

Not only that, but many naval Fortresses were ordered to be built.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Coalsun

The empire, for once, was threatened by those Skartenians(no, you guys had the Manticorans! Get out of the narration room!), and began the construction and reinforcement of multiple forts and castles in Coalsun. This also meant less joblessness for once god dammit.

Icespear Mountains, Northern section

The underground factory being constructed had some issues here and there, but were quickly patched up by engineers and construction workers. Some completed sections of the factory were immediately started up as to begin production of the secret stockpile, and guards were about 24/7, all of them too were from the Ruskland-Preuben secret service, SOUL. The smoke would be ventilated outside to the active volcanoes a bit north, near the smaller side volcanoes of the main ones, these excreted smoke on a daily basis, and the exhaust tubes running from the factory would do so as well, and to make it more convincing, said tubes, which jutted out of the ground like a pole, were covered at the side with the nearby dirt, this formed a mound.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Cesopium
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cesopium » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:01 pm

General Affairs

Following the defeat of Bronzeborn pirates against the navy of the Manticorian Empire, due to Bronzeborn Pirates "allegedly" striking and taking hold of convoys passing nearby the lands of the Bronze Isles.

The king publicly announces his peace offer to the Manticorian government.

• All Bronzeborn found and tried on charges of piracy to be executed as they were not funded by government and independent of official policies on the matter
  • Return to Status quo ante bellum
  • The Bronze Isles shall aid the Manticorian Empire in a war of their choosing which if not done in the next 30 years will expire, the only exceptions to this being wars against the Bronze Isles .
  • 1 Billion Bronzeborn Pounds be provided in reparations to provide for loss of Manticorian tonnage

"Bubonic Harbinger" Vehicle Project

The Bronzeborn Army secretly begins research on a super-heavy tank to act as a breakthrough weapon for troops on land, provided it be armed with 2 76mm cannons, 4 57mm guns(designers say that this is subject to change), and a single 15 cm central cannon with a crew size as needed to operate the vehicle.
Last edited by Cesopium on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Cesopium wrote:General Affairs

Following the defeat of Bronzeborn pirates against the navy of the Manticorian Empire, due to Bronzeborn Pirates "allegedly" striking and taking hold of convoys passing nearby the lands of the Bronze Isles.

The king publicly announces his peace offer to the Manticorian government.

• All Bronzeborn found and tried on charges of piracy to be executed as they were not funded by government and independent of official policies on the matter
  • Return to Status quo ante bellum
  • The Bronze Isles shall aid the Manticorian Empire in a war of their choosing which if not done in the next 30 years will expire, the only exceptions to this being wars against the Bronze Isles .
  • 1 Billion Bronzeborn Pounds be provided in reparations to provide for loss of Manticorian tonnage

"Bubonic Harbinger" Vehicle Project

The Bronzeborn Army secretly begins research on a super-heavy tank to act as a breakthrough weapon for troops on land, provided it be armed with 2 76mm cannons, 4 57mm guns(designers say that this is subject to change), and a single 15 cm central cannon with a crew size as needed to operate the vehicle.

The Empire accepts the peace offering.

A new artillery weapon was being developed. Two variations were to be produced. One would have a longer barrel but would be mounted in a fixed position. As such, it was designed with a 360 degree traverse capability.
The second variant would have a shorter barrel and a wheeled carriage.
Both variants were planned to replace the 76.2mm towed anti-tank gun and supplement the 37mm anti-aircraft gun, as well as protect 6 inch coastal defense guns.
Last edited by The Manticoran Empire on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For: Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan, American Nationalism, American citizens of Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands receiving a congressional vote and being allowed to vote for president, military, veterans before refugees, guns, pro choice, LGBT marriage, plural marriage, US Constitution, World Peace, Global Unity.

By the Blood of our Fathers, By the Blood of our Sons, we fight, we die, we sacrifice for the Good of the Empire.

The 2nd Republic of the South
Secretary

Founded: Nov 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The 2nd Republic of the South » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:16 pm

The war against Khon and Rahmak had finally ended. Thousands had been killed in three years of vicious fighting yet the Empire had emerged victorious. Because of the casualties, the reserves had been called up and 500,000 more soldiers had been drafted. And it was a good thing, too, for a whole new conflict was on the horizon.

It started with foreign fishermen violating Imperial waters, stealing work from Imperial citizens and undermining the Empire's fishing industry. Despite multiple demands to leave, the fishermen kept coming, openly flying the Arenginian flag. Which led to the incident.

Destroyer Flotilla 31 intercepted a group of fishing vessels and, without even signaling a warning, opened fire. The destroyers were well armed, with an 88mm gun and two 52mm guns, as well as three 45cm torpedo tubes. The destroyers were lethal, sinking two ships out of the five while damaging the other three. The survivors fled the area and, despite a wish to pursue, DF31 turned for home.
Last edited by The 2nd Republic of the South on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:45 am

Imperial weapons designers were working on a new rifle caliber round. A specialized hollowed out round would be fill with picric acid and capped with a conical percussion cap loaded with mercury(II) fulminate. Because of the danger of malfunction with the experimental ammunition, a rope would be tied to the trigger of each test weapon, which was mounted in a fixed bracket and aimed at a target. Targets included tanks, armored cars, unarmored cars, trucks, and livestock. The primary hope for this round was as ammunition for heavy machine guns and anti-tank rifles.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:28 pm

The Manticoran Empire wrote:
The Manticoran Empire wrote:Years of operating airships had highlighted a weakness, a blind spot, really. No airship could carry enough weapons to provide full spectrum protection and most of the limited protection they did have consisted of machine guns. The Royal Navy didn't like the possibility that a hostile nation such as Skarten or Wargloria would discover a way to exploit that weakness first so they started looking for a solution. Adding machine guns was unacceptable. The weight would be too great and the ammunition required would make even one hit infinitely more dangerous. No, something else was required. The concept of smaller, single or twin occupant airships was tossed around but proved to have the same problem as full sized airships did: blind spots that couldn't be covered. So they looked at the civilian daredevils who strapped canvas and wood to their backs and tried to fly. Perhaps, it was postulated, an engine could be attached to a glider and the powered glider could be launched from an airship? The problem, it was agreed, would be determining how to support the engine and control the aircraft in flight. To that end, they looked at the steering controls of airships. Horizontal flaps that controlled vertical movement and vertical flaps that controlled horizontal movement. Could the same principles apply to heavier than air flight? But how do you keep it aloft? You can't use a balloon so what do you do? To that end, the Navy looked to the birds and the insects. All of them had wings which provided both thrust and lift. But civilians had already shown that humans couldn't generate enough thrust by flapping their arms around. The wings would have to be fixed and tasked with solely providing lift. So what would provide the thrust? Perhaps an airship engine would be sufficient? Probably not, as they were quite large and heavy. Maybe an automobile engine? Several designs were drawn up, using everything from a Motor Scout's engine to the monster engine in a Mark 1 light tank. The designs were kept highly classified and even the Empress did not know of the project. All construction and testing was done on a remote island in the Infinite Expanse. A single airship assigned to the Office of Naval Intelligence was the only craft authorized to travel to the island and only authorized personnel with valid IDs and orders were permitted. The Director of Naval Intelligence as well as the Director of Special Projects were required to call the ONI airship hangar in order to allow anyone access to the facility.

For years, ONI had been working tirelessly on heavier than air flight. And at last they had achieved their goal.
The Mk. 1 Flyer was 6.43 meters long, had a wingspan of 12.31 meters, a height of 2.74 meters, and was powered by a recycled 12 horsepower Motor Scout engine. It had a wing camber of 1 in 20.
Four flights occurred that day, with the longest flight lasting 89 seconds and traveling 260 meters before crashing. They recorded a maximum air speed of 48 kilometers per hour and a maximum altitude of 9 meters Despite that, ONI was convinced this was the aircraft of the future and they began working on refinements. One involved reducing the wing camber to 1 in 25. They also decided to do a comparison test of a 1 in 20 camber, with both aircraft using 15 horsepower engines instead of 12 horsepower engines. Other alterations were made to the frame to make it sturdier and they returned a few months later to fly again. This time, the aircraft flew higher and faster and the 1 in 20 camber proved to provide greater lift. As such, ONI began making preparations for a final test bed, which would use an even more powerful engine.

Five years of research and development had finally paid off. A fully functional combat aircraft had completed testing and both the Army and Navy were placing orders for it.
Armed with a 7.92mm machine gun, the Army had placed an order for 500 aircraft, to be organized into squadrons of 20 aircraft each. Unfortunately, the needed production facilities were still under construction, so only about 50 aircraft would be completed this year. Curtis-White Aviation did plan on having two factories producing 10 aircraft a month by the end of next year, with a planned increase to 50 aircraft a month by 1910.

Curtis-White Aviation also unveiled a new potential combat aircraft.
Titled the Scout Experimental, it was more maneuverable than the pusher planes currently being built. Unfortunately, mounting guns on the aircraft was more complicated than pusher planes, as the propeller was in the way. As such, any weapons tests would have to be done on the ground until a way to safely fire through the propeller was discovered.
Last edited by The Manticoran Empire on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:28 pm

S.A.W.P. Airport B-2,Redland

It was finally time!

The Original project for the Skartenian Air Force was done.

After more than 20 Years of research and a Succefull Prototype,the Airco D.2,3 new Biplane Models Were created. The building of prototypes and testing was to follow.

Prototype I
Prototype II

Prototype III

While Combat testing wasn't done,the Hulls and engines were to be tested until the end of the year

Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Through Peace, and Serenity

24 March, 1905

For the past years, Norcourt under the rule of Caneius has been relatively peaceful. The army had been reformed, and studies in aeronautics have reached a new high. The people themselves were thriving, to the old generations displease, the younger generation seemed to be acquiring much more money, than before, as it was easier to get jobs. Instead of seeing a struggling man, working his last straw, the common man wore a lean Anglo-Italic suit, and always kept his hair clean cut. New styles of everything from music, automobiles, and even hair, were the needs of the young.

Many who couldn't find jobs, joined the military, primarily the army. The Army trained daily, staying in tip top shape, all 240,000 of them (740,000 In Reserves). The military provided food, basic toiletries, hygiene, and care, for any enlisting citizen (of course the obvious downside is going into combat and possibly losing your life). The new Gevar Model MCM, has been introduced into the military, a Semi-Automatic Battle Rifle, issued only to fortunate NCOs, due to it's relatively high pricing. Work on a Field Gray styled Camouflage Uniform, has begun, and final issuing and reform, has been expected to arrive in 1919. Word is, a Semi-auto Anti-Tank Rifle, has been in development by Harbrook Worker Karl Whittum, and is in expected to enter service in 1910.

So far, life in Norcourt has been great for the average man, especially capable entrepreneurs. Hopefully, the peaceful serenity, that looms along thy great country, and colonies, shall continue...
Last edited by Norcourt on Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

Cesopium
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cesopium » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:40 pm

"Bubonic Harbinger" Tank Project

Research and development continues on making the tank chassis viable in the modern battlefield, as it would have to be made at the very least light enough not to crush the bridges which it would commonly cross.

Several schools of thought within the developers of the firm creating the vehicle have begun to discuss and debate the tank's design altogether, and that its purpose and perhaps focus on smaller tanks with the same capabilities.

Indianum Expedition

News from traders and fishermen arriving off vessels has sparked a national interest to send a force to the east to establish a foothold in the region with the power of the Marine Regiments of the nation.

The 5th Marine Regiment "Leviathan", would begin preparing supplies and logistics for the trip to the east, with knowledge from current cartography to land in the region known as Capet. The Regiment shall set off in the coming weeks from the most eastern island of Tsaggua.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:01 am

Skartenian Tamir

The Army had taken an decision.

The Skartenian Tamir was surrrounded by AoRN Members. In face of that, The Government and the Armed forces had taken an decision.

They would be forming the Militia National Guard.

The Militia National Guard would be made mostly of Reserves. In event of war,they would be to get immediately to the Tamir Trench Lines,Either on the Coastal part (Southern Redland) or Land Part.
The Militia Would be trained in Defensive Suport Tactics,Such as using Coastal Artillery,Manning MGs and Such.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:20 am

To Second Lieutenant Volker Reitter
From General Douglas Cox

Lieutenant, you are hereby ordered to proceed to Fort Hood in Skyhelm to take command of Third Platoon, Company A, First Battalion, 35th Motorized Infantry Regiment, 13th Armored Division, no later than the 30th of this Month.

Signed General Douglas Cox, Commanding General Royal Manticoran Army Northern Command

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:17 pm

The Manticoran Empire wrote:Imperial weapons designers were working on a new rifle caliber round. A specialized hollowed out round would be fill with picric acid and capped with a conical percussion cap loaded with mercury(II) fulminate. Because of the danger of malfunction with the experimental ammunition, a rope would be tied to the trigger of each test weapon, which was mounted in a fixed bracket and aimed at a target. Targets included tanks, armored cars, unarmored cars, trucks, and livestock. The primary hope for this round was as ammunition for heavy machine guns and anti-tank rifles.

Four months of research were beginning to show promise. Use against solid targets such as buildings and vehicles were proving effective. The rounds were capable of penetrating 25mm of armor plate and could cause additional shrapnel to ricochet around the crew compartment. Against organic targets, such as livestock, the rounds also proved effective, causing severe injury, virtually guaranteeing a kill against a targeted individual. At present, however, only 13.2mm rounds were being produced, although the Navy was requesting 7.92mm rounds be developed.

The Manticoran Empire wrote:The Imperial Army was designing a series of four new tanks. Two were intended as infantry support vehicles, one equipped with two machine guns and one with a machine gun and a light cannon. One would be a new light tank, armed with a 57mm gun, and one would be a medium tank with a 76.2mm gun. The light and medium tank chassis would also be used as mounts for anti-tank guns, intended to destroy other tanks from a greater range than traditional tanks could.

The Manticoran Empire wrote:The Manticoran Army had decided they needed a new use for their unused artillery rockets.
(Image)
The plan was a simple one: they would mount the rockets on trucks and use them to provide withering fire during siege operations. Each truck would have 48 rockets and would be organized into batteries of four, further organized into an artillery battalion equal in strength to the howitzers. It was decided that one battalion of rockets would be added to each tank and motorized division.

Despite having been largely ignored by the Army, the Navy and Marines had rediscovered the rocket artillery, which had been continuing their research. The new rockets were heavier, had a greater range and payload, and could be mounted on trucks. Each rocket was 80 centimeters long, 13.2 centimeters in diameter, and weighed 42 kilograms. They could be mounted on racks that carried 14 or 48 rockets and could be carried by trucks, tanks, armored cars, and warships. They were less accurate than guns but could deliver far more destructive force over a wider area, making them excellent for a pre-landing bombardment. The Navy refitted several troopships with rocket batteries and found that, in 7-10 seconds, they could fire a volley heavier than a battle squadron. And, when mounted on trucks, the batteries were extremely mobile, capable of firing and then moving to a new position to reload.
With the new rockets, both the Army and Marine Corps placed orders for them to be attached to Corps level artillery and the Navy ordered purpose built rocket-ships, armed with dozens of rocket racks for massive coastal bombardments.

The new tanks were on the drawing board and were presented to the Army Ordnance board.

The first design was labeled as Tank, Infantry, Mark 1.
The design called for a vehicle that was 4.02 meters long, 2.06 meters wide, and 1.72 meters tall, with room for two soldiers. Armament would consists solely of two 7.92mm machine guns, intended to be the M1900 Light Machine Gun, currently undergoing acceptance trials in Ashton Rhuinland. In addition, the vehicle would be lightly armored, with between 7 and 13 millimeters of armor, leaving the vehicle's weight at no more than 6 tons. A 60 horsepower engine would provide a maximum speed of 50 kilometers an hour on road or 37 kilometers an hour off-road.

The second design was labeled as Tank, Infantry, Mark 2.
The design called for a vehicle that was 4.81 meters long, 2.22 meters wide, and 1.99 meters long, with a crew of 3. Armament would be a single 7.92mm machine gun and a 2 centimeter semi-automatic cannon. Armor would be between 5 and 14.5 millimeters of armor plate, thus leaving the vehicle at a rather light 8.9 tons and a 138 horsepower engine would give it a top speed of 40 kilometers an hour.

The third design was the first actual tank put forward and was labeled as Tank, Light, Mark 3.
The design called for a vehicle that was 5.56 meters long, 2.9 meters wide, and 2.5 meters tall, with a crew 5 men. Armament would be a 57mm gun mounted in the turret, a hull mounted 7.92mm machine gun for the radio-operator, a 7.92mm machine gun mounted next to the main gun, and a 7.92mm machine gun pintle mounted over the commander's hatch that could be detached if the crew had to bail out. Armor would vary from 15mm all around to 30mm all around, giving it a weight of 23 tons and a 300 horsepower engine would provide it with a top speed of 40km/h on road and 20km/h off-road.

The fourth design was the second actual tank put forward and was labeled as Tank, Medium, Mark 3.
The design called for a vehicle that was 5.92 meters long, 2.88 meters wide, and 2.68 meters tall. Armament would be a 76.2mm gun mounted in the turret, a hull mounted 7.92mm machine gun for the radio operator, a 7.92mm machine gun mounted coaxially by the main gun, and a third, pintle mounted, 7.92mm machine gun over the commander's hatch. Armor was designed as 80mm in the front, 30mm on the sides, sideskirts around the turret and tracks that were 5mm thick, and 20mm at the rear. The armor gave the vehicle a weight of 25 tons and a 300 horsepower engine gave it a top speed of 38 kilometers per hour.
Last edited by The Manticoran Empire on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:22 pm

The navy had decided to improve their weaponry.

20 U-Boats were to be made. Then navy would then complete 90 U-boats.

200 Landing crafts were also to be made.Infantry troops had special trainings on how to use them.

Skartenian Landing Drill

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Skyhelm, Tamir
The build up in Skartenian Tamir had led to the Empire realizing they needed to substantially improve defenses along the border. This defensive line would stretch from Riverside in the South to the Sea Wall in the North and would be ten kilometers deep. Forty trench lines were dug, the first 5 kilometers from the border with each subsequent line separated by 250 meters of land that was pre-sighted by artillery, machine guns, rifles, rockets, mortars, and rendered virtually impassable by reinforced concrete machine gun bunkers built like little hills, buried in up to ten meters of earth, millions of land mines, and hundreds of thousands of miles of coiled and straight barbed wire. Triple barbed wire fences were placed in front of the trenches and were defended by mines and machine guns, which would force any attacker into narrow killing fields, covered by mortars, machine guns, and rifles as well as littered with land mines. Observation balloons and skilled cartographers prepared detailed maps of the entire area, providing these maps to the artillery, including notations of range, elevation, and traverse required for each gun to hit each position. The entire 5 kilometer deep stretch of border was also mined and sighted by artillery and machine guns, with lines of block houses positioned every 100 meters in checkerboard patterns and equipped with machine guns, flamethrowers, and mortars, with small underground tunnels connecting each blockhouse to the one immediately behind it. These tunnels were well hidden, with a heavy concrete door in the back. The retreating soldiers would also rig explosives to the doors, so that if they were opened from inside the blockhouse, the tunnel would be collapsed and the enemy would be forced to pursue through the killing fields of no-mans land. In the event of war, these trenches would be manned by tens of thousands of local reservists, who were quite well trained in their own right, drilling every weekend for what many viewed as an inevitable conflict. This Militia was also well equipped, with M1884 rifles and M1888 pistols for each soldier as well as a helmet, uniform, and other vital equipment. These soldiers were also able to have the full trench system manned within a week of the outbreak of hostilities, with the first two lines always manned by troops, rotated in and out in nine month intervals.

A virtually identical project would be started along the border with Jutland, this line stretching from the Austrivanian coast in the north to the Arevin coast in the south.
Last edited by The Manticoran Empire on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The 2nd Republic of the South » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:10 pm

The Imperial Navy has begun actively attacking Arenginian merchant shipping and fishing trawlers in the waters near the Empire. In the last four months, Imperial destroyers have sunk seven fishing trawlers and three larger vessels, murdering their crews in the water with machine gun and cannon fire.

In the Imperial Palace, the Emperor officially declared war on Arengin, calling for the destruction of the Slavic culture and the enslavement of the Slavic people.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:52 pm

The 2nd Republic of the South wrote:The Imperial Navy has begun actively attacking Arenginian merchant shipping and fishing trawlers in the waters near the Empire. In the last four months, Imperial destroyers have sunk seven fishing trawlers and three larger vessels, murdering their crews in the water with machine gun and cannon fire.

In the Imperial Palace, the Emperor officially declared war on Arengin, calling for the destruction of the Slavic culture and the enslavement of the Slavic people.

Arengin

After a period of prosperity and peace for Arengin it was time to call to arms yet again. The 12th and 3rd fleets began to prepare to attack the enemy navy from Halium. King Nikolai rallied the people as he ordered the coastal defenses to extend and begin building more bunkers and guns.

The leader of the enemy had emulated words that would be used for propaganda. A warmonger attacking Arengin for no reason and calling for the enslavement of the Slavs. Thousands of men began signing for service and the Duma granted Nikolai full consent from all provinces to declare war. The commanders gathered and the GDU ally of Skarten was called to help.

Plans were made and then it was decided that the main fleets would remain and only about 2 dreadnoughts, 20 destroyers and some cruisers would be sent to bring the rather pathetic nation to it's knees. This was called the Gladak Task Force and it began to set course to the Shievak empire. It would be an easy victory.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The 2nd Republic of the South » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
The 2nd Republic of the South wrote:The Imperial Navy has begun actively attacking Arenginian merchant shipping and fishing trawlers in the waters near the Empire. In the last four months, Imperial destroyers have sunk seven fishing trawlers and three larger vessels, murdering their crews in the water with machine gun and cannon fire.

Arengin

After a period of prosperity and peace for Arengin it was time to call to arms yet again. The 12th and 3rd fleets began to prepare to attack the enemy navy from Halium. King Nikolai rallied the people as he ordered the coastal defenses to extend and begin building more bunkers and guns.

The leader of the enemy had emulated words that would be used for propaganda. A warmonger attacking Arengin for no reason and calling for the enslavement of the Slavs. Thousands of men began signing for service and the Duma granted Nikolai full consent from all provinces to declare war. The commanders gathered and the GDU ally of Skarten was called to help.

Plans were made and then it was decided that the main fleets would remain and only about 2 dreadnoughts, 20 destroyers and some cruisers would be sent to bring the rather pathetic nation to it's knees. This was called the Gladak Task Force and it began to set course to the Shievak empire. It would be an easy victory.

The Arengin fleet was spotted by a pair of Imperial "fishermen" who shot a telegram back to fleet headquarters. At long last the Slavic hordes were in range. And they brought only a token force. In answer, the Imperial navy dispatched the High Seas Fleet. Eight dreadnoughts, twelve battleships, seven battlecruisers, five armored cruisers, twenty four light cruisers, and thirty six destroyers. The fleet sailed south from their base in Qasimidi, aiming to meet the Arengin fleet and send them home with their tails between their legs. The crews were quite confident as they sailed on, many bragging about how many Arengins they would kill with their bare hands and others bragged about their prowess with the guns.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:23 pm

Arengin Union wrote:

Arengin

The RMN wasn't blind to the Arengin fleet movements and squadrons of destroyers and light cruisers had been tailing the task force its entire journey. Airships flew overhead, radioing the position of what they had designated Task Force 01 back to Fleet Headquarters. A similar group was shadowing the Shievak fleet as it left its home port.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Arengin Union wrote:

Arengin

Seeking to help their ally,Skarten declares war on The Empire of Mu.
Propaganda started spreading across the nation.

The Military Was seeking to send support.

15 Tsarina Kovalyova Class Battleships
50 Habsburg Class
30 Borodino Class
10 T.S Glory Class Dreadnoughts
30 U-boats
500 Supply ships
700 Landing crafts
300 Transport Ships
50 Clemsom Class Destroyers
-------------------
500.000 Infantry-Men
150.000 Support
80.000 Sturmtruppen
10.000 Flammenwerfer Freikorps Sturmtruppen
50.000 Cavalary

-------------------
7.000 Supply trucks/4.000 Transport trucks
900 Heavy tanks
1.000 Medium Tanks
2.500 Armoured Cars
90 Transport Tanks
2.000 Light tanks
------------

These units were send to maneuver into a Military base at Redland
Last edited by Skarten on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents