NATION

PASSWORD

The Viscounts Will

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

The Viscounts Will

Postby River-Crossing » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:10 am

Viscount Corvin,looked around the room and then his vision fixed on the young gent looking out of window from the elaborate window seat onto the Great River.
"Once,my dear cousin arrives I will send for you Lord William.You will write my will before him as witness and you as barrister.I have plans for this place and I am positive,young Theodore will follow the will without hesitation but if he refuses,the clause in it will take all this,though not great like the halls of Farwynd,but our land is important none the less."
"Yes,milord Viscount Corvin."he stood,picked up his gold topped show cane and walked gingerly from the room.When the Lord was gone,the Viscount shouted,
"Astrid,come here please."
In walked a stout woman,middle aged woman,with the long white coat of an apothecary.
"Don't shout,Mister Corveeen.You will be sick,Mister Corveeen.You will be very sick Mister Corveeen."
"Please Astrid,call me John.It will get those lords a leaping,and give the ladies a bee in their bonnet.Can't stand the lot of them I can't."
"Yes,Mister Corveeeen.I will put a bee the lords bonnets.Now sit back,Mister Corveeen,we don't want you getting excited."
"Yes,Astrid.So your from Farwynd,and you went back home for your holidays.Whats the bo like as a ruler?"
"His Grace,is a wonderful leader.He modernised the whole land.No more the small clay hovels,they are now the giant stone brick houses of the what the modern lands call georgian,I think."
"So he'll help the land when I'm gone,done and buried."
Last edited by River-Crossing on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:56 pm

(OOC:From The Master of Farwynd Becomes a Boar Warrior)

The entourage set out at dawn and and rode on their boars until they came to the Forests of Dorne.They then dismounted and sent them back to Stonehelm.They started walking and started talking.
"So how ill,is my dear cousin."

"We fear he is on his death bed."

"Fie,fie.How can this be?He was jumping about like a young hare five years past."

"Yes milord,but things have changed since.The eight isles have split from your cousins rule.Each under their own ruler,each under a sibling of the Viscount.The Ladies Beatrice,Lianna,Hilda,Henrietta and Astrid.The Lords Gregory,Peter and your great true ruler,Viscount John Corvin."

"But this is terrible.How could they break the bonds of sibling rivalry into the the dark unknown of sibling warfare."

"The arguement was started by Lord Gregory and Lady Hilda.Hilda wanted to make her isle of Harnhearse semi autonomous.Gregory insisted that the eight isles of the Great River Crossing be ruled by one person,John,but then he set his sights on The Maiden Isles and changed sides faster than a seahorse."

"And then what?"

"Well the lords raised minor armies,but armies none the less,much larger together than all the men on Jagged Isle put thrice.So milord,Viscount John declared sovereignty over the Jagged Isle and the Jagged Isle alone.There have been wars and battles since but none successful except for the Great Battle of Hags Head on the land.All eight lords fought seventy days past,vieing for more land,their greedy lust unquenched for five years.Only Lord John,God Bless His Scarred Heart,had been hiding an army underneath the caverns of the Head and they rushed out,quick as a hare in a fox fight.Devoured the traitors and sent them packing with their banners between their legs."

"You have my cousins vocabulary,does he have you often in court,"said Theodore.

"Yes,I'm Richard of the Head,recently made lord of the Hags Head for my part in killing Lord Gregories champion,Kletus 'O The Isles.Struck him in the eye with this here banner,fell in utter agony and then rolled over and down the Head."

"But still how can he be at deaths door."

"All this stress between the lords.There is still some of his siblings who just played along and are still faithful to the Viscount."
Ruler In Chief
His Grace Lord Earl Theodore Drumm of Farwynd,
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
Great Drumm and Lord of House Drumm of Stonehelm,
General Grudgebearer,
Admiral of The Icey Strait,
Lord Chief Justice of The Realm,
Lord High Commisioner of Guards,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Her Grace Lady Countessa Emily,
Lady Countessa of Farwynd,
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,
Lady of House Drumm of Stonehelm

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

Noon:Lord Isaac Loftus
Dusk:Lady Grace Loftus
Dawn:Mistress Meera Reed

River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby River-Crossing » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:27 pm

They continued on and came to the Great River Lagour,at the end of the day when Dusk had fallen.The huge river was covered in fog.From here they could barely see the first island,Jagged Isle.They came upon the boat asigned to their arrival.boat was large enough and comfortable,painted in a calm blue.They got in and started to row to the island,when about half way there somone hollered,
"You there,Blue Boat.I want your credentials and want them now.A bigger boat came out of the fog,a lantern shining through the fog screen.

"I am Richard of The Head,advisor and herald of the Viscount.These regal fellows are the rulers of Farwynd,Lord Earl Theodore and Lady Countessa Emily.Now let us through or I'll get the Viscount to hear of this."
"Ah,Your Majesties,I humbly forgiveness.Let me and the lads guide you through the bally fog."
"Thank you,good sir."replied Theodore.

He lead the way indeed through the fog and laid anchor at a stone pier,jumped aground and ran to fasten to the blue boat.The stood back and bowed low till the nobles had passed.Richard guided them through the fog and to the great castle of Theodores memory,the Castle is shaped roughly like a figure-eight.Its great walled courtyard,empty of life except for a young woman striding forward proudly.She bowed much like the boatwarden,and announced,
"I am Astrid,apothecary of Mister Corveeen.I am sent to guide you to your rooms for rest and then to his rooms at supper.Come,milord,Lord Earl,Lady Countessa.Richard you are relieved of your duties,go rest,sleep and be here for supper."
She then turned and strode away quicly expecting the outsiders to follow which they did at Richards urging.

River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby River-Crossing » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Astrid lead them to their rooms,and later came back to lead them to the Viscounts Chambers.The left and climbed the steps to the tower room.It was an elaborate wood framed room,with gold printed pattern on the wallpaper.A huge blackthorn four poster bed was positioned in the middle of the room and from among th covers whispered,
"Come closer,dear cousin we have much to discuss."
Suddenly from no where the handsome but sickly face of Viscount Corvin surfaced from the covers.His greying hair cut respectfully back an appropriate amount.The two stepped closer,
"Dearest Ancestor,how could you not tell me that you had lost the seven isles to your siblings,I would have sat you upon your rightful throne and been content in knowing my cousin was happy."
"I did not wish to disturb you from your joy,but then I heard of the civil war and decided I would call you here when the trouble was all over."

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:57 am

"I would have helped,dearest ancestor."
"I know you would have tried to help but then you would have lost your own war.Now stop this talk of your war and my war,down to bussiness."
"Yes,cousin why have you called me here."
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby River-Crossing » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 am

"Well,as you know I am mighty sick.I believe myself on my deathbed,but Astrid says otherwise.Well,since you are my only faithful relation,I am planning to leave everything to you and your dynasty of Drumms."here he shouted,"William,come here."
In walked a tall handsome man,straight of face and stern of eyes.
"Yes milord Viscount."
"Sit and write thats all,sit and write.Write.
"Yes milord."
The Will Primus of The Sovereign Viscount John Corvin,Second Sovereign of River-Crossing
As Justice of The Jagged Isle and Viscount of the Crossing,I declare myself mortal,since you are reading this,I am sure you could testify likewise.As this is my last will and testament,I will get to the point.
Firstly,To my dearest siblings,who rose in rebellion against my rule and stole from me seven of the eight isles.To them I leave nothing.

Secondly,To my faithful cousin,Theodore of Farwynd,I leave all my earthly possessions,Jagged Isle and its inhabitants to your will,may they serve you well,and may you serve them well.Also,To Theodore,I leave my rights and claims to the other seven isles,may you retake them peacefully,speedily and easily.

Thirdly,To my faithful knights who fought atop the Hags Head,I give you all The Corvin Medal,and a townhouse in the capital of Jagged Pier and a pension.

Fourthly,To the people of Jagged Isle and Jagged Pier,I leave you one thousand florins to do as you please,under a united body.

Fifthly,I leave my yacht to Richard of The Head,I leave this in your care for your daily trips accross the waters of the Great River Lagour."
"When I pass,a letter will be sent to all the major people in the will,for the reading.A letter will be sent to the Bridge Master who controls all the boats as a neutral force,he'll pass on the word."
Last edited by River-Crossing on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby River-Crossing » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:09 pm

"Cousin,this is foolish.You shouldn't leave your land to me.I don't know the land,I don't know the people,they wouldn't respect me or my family.You should give it to Richard,or the Bridge Master."
"I might be sick but I am not senile,Theodore.I will leave you Jagged Islands and while you are Viscount your surname shall be Corvin.You shall be Lord Earl Drumm and Viscount Corvin with two banners,one of the bronze tower on green,the other of a raven on a stump with a gold ring in its mouth,maybe even conjoin the two."
"That is a fair idea.But still I cannot accept your lands,I know not of the isles,fishing and your turtles.Even your what do you call them,horses.Ghastly creatures,unlike our boars.I could ride out and get on a boat and capture you and island in a day cousin."
"No Theodore.Your boars are huge lumbering things,unlike our small ponies.You would fall to your watery grave on a boar and be despised for clogging a hole of molluscs and crustations with your carcasses.No you will take the will and bide by the rules that I have in them."
"What rules,cousin?"
"Rules you shall see when I pass cousin."
"You might be my favourite cousin,John,but your a trickster."
"A trickster without a lineage and no one else to find an heir but my own favourite cousin."

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:05 am

"I will stay with you as long as I can cousin but Farwynd needs more than three advisors to rule,it needs a figurehead."
"Yes,of course actually I was going to send you back home in the morning.There is no need for you to be here till the day of my death but if you wish you may stay for a few days."
"Yes of course cousin."

A few days later the entourage climbed ashore and set out once more for Farwynd.They set up camp at a crossroads and finished the journey during the next day.They set about their business and thought no more of the Viscountcy of River-Crossing.
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:36 am

Fifteen Years Later

One day in August,a herald in the neutral colours of grey and silver,ran into the Hall of A Hundred Hearths.He came upon the now adult Theodore,bowed and proffered the wax sealed letter,with a crow with a ring in its beak.He stood back,patiently waiting to see if Theodore would need to send a reply.
Theodore spied the seal and carefully put it on the table before him,he knew what this meant and his heart was heavy with grief.He called,
"Emily,Isaac,Grace could you come here please."
The three mentioned came in the door together obviously discussing something before the summoning.
Emily his wife looked just as she had fifteen years ago,when she had gone with Theodore to his cousins abode.
Isaac was a middle aged man,nearing fifty now,with greying hair and a receding hair line.
Grace,Isaacs mother,walked very unsteady,now in her ninetieth year,with a stick and white hair,still hobbling along with her cane but now paired with an identical one.
"Yes Theo."
"Come up here please and sit."
They did so obediently.
"I have just received a letter from a Corvin.The only Corvin who I know are my cousins and why would they send me a letter,except for my favourite cousin,John,Sovereign Viscount of River-Crossing and he said he would send me a letter upon his passing."
"Oh Theo,I'm so sorry.I know how much he meant to you."
"Yes he was my favourite relation,but I also know what this means.He has just dropped us back into war."
"Whys that,milord?"queried Lady Grace.
"Because,twenty years ago,my cousins sibling declared sovereignty over seven of the eight isles of River-Crossing.He has plunged us into a war with my cousins."
"Open it,it might not be what you think."
Theodore did so and read with a heavy heart:

To His Grace,Lord Earl Theodore I of Farwynd.

Dear Lord Theodore,I am saddened to inform you of your cousin,Viscount John I's death.His Lordship died peacefully at the age of seventy three.He lived a long and full life and wished you well in your pursuits on his deathbed.You are called by Lord Richard of Hags Head,to attend his wake,funeral and will reading.May God Rest His Soul.May The Holy Ghost Bless His Spirit.May Heaven Be Paradise To Him.

Yours Respectfully
Richard of The Head.

"He's gone and I in.I guess we're off to The Crossing."
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:33 am

Theodore,Emily and their new son Theodore Junior,set off again and arrived at the shore the next day.They climbed aboard the waiting boat and talked to the steersman.
"So,Your The Farwyndians,that have come to the funeral.Rumour has it milord,that your his heir,but others say that one of the siblings is getting our lives and land."
"Maybe,I don't know yet."lied Theodore.
""ell I wouldn't want one of the brothers,they'd take our money,and definitely not one of the sisters,that one Hilda is a pompous bitch from what I've heard on the river."
"Yes."was all Theodore and Emily said during the whole ride.

They landed and were greeted by Richard,who had aged considerably since last they met.
"Greetings,milord."
"Greetings."
"Shall we move on."
"Ok."

So they continued on with out a word,the small sparks of conversation were short and bleak.They reached the castle and walked in.They were met by Astrid,who with tears in her eyes guided them to their rooms.
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby River-Crossing » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Later,Astrid called them for the wake.They descended the tower and into the Great Hall.Inside they saw about twenty people sitting around a table.Around six of the people looked alike and sat away from each other.Eyeingeach other slyly.The others were faithful knights and gentry.There were no lords there for their were no lords on the isles,just sirs and respect.They sat together and looked up when Emily and Theodore walked in.The knights and gentry continued talking but the obviously siblings all stared at them and quickly compared notes of their family tree.
Suddenly a voice rang out,
"Let this time of bereavement begin."said Richard.
The coffin was carried in by four men,they left it on the table away from the group,and walked back.The group filed slowly around the coffin,looking at the deceased,some grasping his hand and raying,some kissing his forehead.
Then when that was finished,a fiddler came in and played some mourning music.Theodore sat down beside Richard and Astrid.Suddenly one of th lookalikes came over and asked,
"Could yo come here,please sir?"
"Yes,ok."Theodore looked quickly at Richard who had a look of despair in his eyes that told Theodore everything he needed to know,thsi was one of the traitors.
When they had walked out of earshot of everyone else the woman said,
"So you are my little cousin.Thedore isn't it."
"Yes."
"How are things in what is it Highwind,Lowind,Snowind,Nearwind?"
"Farwynd,and yes they are good."
"Are you staying long?"
"Yes the whole length of the funeral and maybe a few days after."Theodore suddenly knew why his traitorous cousin had asked him away.She was trying to make him leave,so that she or one of theothers would get Jagged Isle.

"Ah,but you don't want to stay here,full of peasants,smelly,foggy,horrible place reall."
"Thats strange since you say that,since your fighting over it with your siblings."
"Ah,so you know about that."
"Yes,I know all about your treachery and coup.Disgusting the whole lot of you."
"You hear me now lad.This land is ours,always has,always will."
"Your wrong cousin,"with a smile,"This land was never yours,never will."
Then Theodore walked back and after a while went to bed.

Next Day

The next day,Theodore and Emily and the baby put on their black apparel,went down to breakfast and then to the funeral.It was the usual funeral,
"Ashes to Ashes,Dust To Dust,May His Soul Rest In The Heaven of The Lord."
They went back up to the castle and were called back to the Great Hall.
"Its the Will reading milord."said Richard.
"Please,milords culd you come to the Great Hall,please.Let us begin.

"The Will Primus of The Sovereign Viscount John Corvin,Second Sovereign of River-Crossing
As Justice of The Jagged Isle and Viscount of the Crossing,I declare myself mortal,since you are reading this,I am sure you could testify likewise.As this is my last will and testament,I will get to the point.
Firstly,To my dearest siblings,who rose in rebellion against my rule and stole from me seven of the eight isles.To them I leave nothing."here rose a gasp from the assembled siblings,looking bewildered and confused as to why their brother would leave them nothing,quickly forgetting they had rebelled against him.

"Secondly,To my faithful cousin,Theodore of Farwynd,I leave all my earthly possessions,Jagged Isle and its inhabitants to your will,may they serve you well,and may you serve them well.Also,To Theodore,I leave my rights and claims to the other seven isles,may you retake them peacefully,speedily and easily."all the assembled looked at him,most with wonder,others with hatred and anger.

"Thirdly,To my faithful knights who fought atop the Hags Head,I give you all The Corvin Medal,and a townhouse in the capital of Jagged Pier and a pension.

Fourthly,To the people of Jagged Isle and Jagged Pier,I leave you one thousand florins to do as you please,under a united body.

Fifthly,I leave my yacht to Richard of The Head,I leave this in your care for your daily trips accross the waters of the Great River Lagour."

Sixthly,I leave to Astrid,my apothecary and friend,I leave a place for her family and her always at the castle,a townhouse,a pension and two thousand florins and when the aforementioned Theodore,Astrid will be given an isle to govern in the absence of The Corvin Heir or permanently under the consent of the Viscount/Viscountess."Theodore turned to Astrid in bewilderment,John must have changed his will.

"Seventhly,I leave to Bernard Saint Lawrence,Sovereign Baron of The Hills of Sute,I leave to you my advice to leave certain things to certain people,a sealed and bound letter will be given to you on the day of my death."a short lord jumped up and ran to the Judge who was reading the will,who quickly gave him a letter,as said sealed and bound.
Last edited by River-Crossing on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hills of Sute
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hills of Sute » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Bernard Saint Lawrence,ran quickly to his room and opened the letter carefully but hastily.The seal was broken and the letter read;

Dear Bernard,

If you are reading this I am dead and my will has been read.As you have just heard my cousin instead of my siblings shall rule Jagged Isle.I would not trust them with a fly never mind an island.Now to business,now since you have no heirs and no family at all.My advice to you is to give the Hills to someone you trusts second child.Therefore,the child will not have the rule of the Hills and their own lands.I hope you find a suitable.

Yours In Peace
John of The Isle

Bernard read the letter once then twice and stood.He was a short stout man,with long greying brown hair and mutton chops.He wore a frock coat to his knees and under a three piece suit,made from the finest silk.These clothes were not his normal clothes,on the ordinary day you would not notice him from the rest of the sheperds.The Hills were notorious for their goat and sheep farming,clothes made of wool,drink made of milk,food made of meat and more wool.Everyone wore grey wool clothes of the Stansborough Gotland sheep.
He stopped and looked towards the door.Stared at it for a while and then opened it and walked towards Thedore.
"Milord,Lord Earl and Viscount.Would you grace me and your wife with your presence in the walled garden?"
"Of course.Milord Baron."eplied Emily.

They walked through the door and walked around to the enclosed garden/orchard,full of apple trees and pear trees.
"Might I ask, is this your first child,"asked Bernard.
"Your right,he is our first son."replied Emily,"Our second is on the way,three months in."
"Beautiful."
"Do you know if its going to be a boy or a girl?"
"A boy,we believe."said Thedore.
"As you know,I am without child,heir or family.My wife is over her age of pregnancy and cannot bear my child.So.."
Last edited by The Hills of Sute on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:59 pm

"What is it your asking,milord Baron Bernard?"asked Theodore.What is this man thinking how dare he say something like that!thought Theodore.
Last edited by Farwynd on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

The Hills of Sute
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hills of Sute » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:07 pm

"Oh,no.I ask forgiveness.I understand how you could have gotten the wrong idea.No,I am asking if you will give me the permission to leave the Hills to your second child."Bernard,quickly thought,I really must explain things easier if I want The Hills to safely transfer to an heir."It would be better if you allowed me to before hand instead of just dropping this on a child when my will is read."

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:12 pm

"Milord,Baron Bernard.This is most unexpected.We only met you this morning and know nothing of you or your family,or there lack of.We have just been plummeted into war and you want to leave your lands to my son.He is not even born and you wish to leave your hills to him and this thought hasn't occured to you,Baron Saint Lawrence."
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

The Hills of Sute
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hills of Sute » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

"Of course it has occurred to me,Lord Earl Drumm.Do you think I would let the ancient hills of my country be given to a random stranger.I ask you because I wish for your consent.If you give it I will be most happy and joyous for I would have an heir.But if you do not consent I can do nothing but leave my hills to him anyway and their is no way you can stop me,Viscount Corvin."Bernard stared hard into Theodores eyes,daring him to disagree with his plan and make this process harder than it should be.

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am

Emily finally broke the silence,"Alright,your offer is accepted by us on behalf of Brandon Bernard Drumm,you shall be his godfather and benefactor and wardholder.He shall be sent to you to learn of your land for half the summer every year to escape a fiasco like this again.We shall hear no more of this talk of inheriting land,hills and estates,this is a time for bereavement and sadness."
She picked up Theodore Junior and walked gracefully out of the gardens.
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby River-Crossing » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:55 pm

"Yes,of course,how insensitive of me.I am sorry for your loss,I only knew your cousin for a few weeks and even then he was too sick to talk to me.So I wish you the best for this place and if you ever need any military help,the Hillsmen are shepherds but fierce fighters.Our ancestors gave up the hauberk and the axe years ago and now we revere them but even reverence is soon forgotten for friends."

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:48 pm

"Lets get back,I have a proposition to make to my traitorous neiigbours before this becomes more than war."
"Quiet right."
They walked in and called everyone to the Great Hall.The knights arrived first and then the siblings skulked in.
"Hear me now and once.Who here is faithful to Viscount John and His Will Primus."The knights and Richard and Astrid stood and acknowledged Theodore as new Viscount."If you are faithful,drag your chairs to the fire and sit around it.Now those who are not faithful stand and ....."
"You said you are the new Viscount."said one sibling.
"Ah ,this must be cousin Gregory the Daft.Am I right?"the man nodded,confused.
"Ay,I'd be Gregory of The Isles."
"Nay,you will nevr be Gregory of The Isles.I will be Theodore of Farwynd and The Isles.You had your chance to be Viscount,but your brother did not think you deserved to rule,since,might I remind you,You Took Seven Isles Off Him."
"Still,why are you bossing us around."
"Richard would you please read the part concerning me from the will,please.
"Yes,milord."Richard stood and as the knights looked on he read;
"Secondly,To my faithful cousin,Theodore of Farwynd,I leave all my earthly possessions,Jagged Isle and its inhabitants to your will,may they serve you well,and may you serve them well.Also,To Theodore,I leave my rights and claims to the other seven isles,may you retake them peacefully,speedily and easily."

"What,What,he left this to you?"
"No,"Theodore sarcastically,"Really,does anyone want to ask sencible questions?"
"Yes,where do I sign up for your lordships side?"A tall,slender,elegant lady had risen and was now speaking.
"Beatrice,what are you doing?"shouted Gregory.
"I never wanted to take over,and now John is dead.We drove our own brother to death.So I'm bowing to the one person that John trusted the most to give him the capital island of the Crossing.So,Viscount Corvin,will you take,my resignation and my sorrowful apology?"
"Of course,cousin,actually that was just what I was going to ask?I am giving you one last chance to join the join Viscount?"
Beatrice rose,and strode to the chairs beside the fire.Another woman and a man,obviously Peterstood as well and owed low and walked to the fire.
"So,now we're down to cousins Lianna,Hilda,Astrid and Gregory.Well then if you have nothing left to do or say,go prepare your men and warriors for at the crack of dawn upon the eleventh day of the Ides we shall stand again not in the stone halls of chivalry and honour but in the murky fog of the shores of the isles.If you break this you shall be sent straight to hell to fires of Tartarus and Lazarus."
The remainig lords,turned their backs upon the crowd and strode out the door,cloaks blowing up in dramatic exit.
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

Farwynd
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Farwynd » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 am

After a couple of days,Theodore sent Emily and the baby back home under guard.She would rule as de facto Lady Countessa while Theodore was at River-Crossing sorting out the mess.Seven guards arrived from Stonehelm the day before and escorted Emily away.
Baron Saint Lawrence escaped the islands to the tranquility of Sute and Richard went to Hags Head to prepare for the battle.
Ruler In Chief
Lord Earl of Farwynd,
Earl Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lord of The Iron Hills,
General Grudgebearer,
Earl Marischal

Consort
Lady Drumm of Stonehelm,
Lady of The Iron Hills,

Noon,Dusk and Dawn

River-Crossing
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby River-Crossing » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:25 am

It was the day.The day of the battle that would end this.As said on eleventh day of the Ides,Theodore was on the harbour of Jagged Isle and stared at the distant isles.
"We shall attack silently,but quickly.We shall emerge on the banks of the Maiden Isles,to surprise Gregory."

They got into their boats and rowed to the island but before they could reach it,arrows shot out of the sky and struck the rowing men on the other boats.Killing them instantly,the other rowers tried rowing faster only to be struck by more arrows.Many of the warriors leapt from the boats into the water to hide.Some were hit as well but others were luckier.Theodore had done the same andwas now swimming silently to the shore.He scrambled ashore with 12 other men;4 rowers and 8 warriors.He checked that they were alright and set up a small camp in an unseen cave at the base of a cliff.
Later,around three in the afternoon,Theodore and the others including the rowers who had been equipped with weapons rushed up the path and quickly entered the fray.A tall muscular beast of a man ran at him with a blacksmiths hammer but then winked at Theodore and turned around and hit a soldier of Gregory.A few others ran out and did the same.Theodore welcomed them quickly and rushed up to the castle on the hill.He ran through the portcullis and into the Entrance Hall,up to the solar and found Gregory already dead,slouched in his seat,a drip of green liquid fell from his mouth and his head fell even further down.
"Well then,it would appear that Gregory is gone.Now to the sisters three.Lets see if they swear fealty now."
The blacksmith walked in and bowed,
"My name is Leopold of The Iron Isle.Emigrated here five years past but always held allegiance to Viscount John."
"Thank you,for helping,Leopold.Could you sen a word to the three sisters that Gregories dead and if they want to surrender?"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents