NATION

PASSWORD

Maritime Hostage Crisis (Closed due to inactivity)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Belhorizon
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Belhorizon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:33 am

Belhorizon has two states. Palmiers, run directly by the Imperial Family; and Jasmines, run by a local powerful family, the Obeids; recently raised to nobility after the third failed rebellion of seccession by the state.

40 Miles from JasmineVille city center, Jasminia Lake

Elliott Obeid stared at the glistening halberd of the imperial guard standing near him. Raising his champagne cup higher, he then turned his attention to his now glistening crystal wares. Oh how he loved coming out here on the lake. But there was an unwelcome guest on his boat.

Detaching his attention from the the cup, Elliott, Archduke and Governor of Jasmines, looked across him to find the Crown Prince, in all his arrogant smugness.

"The last time my city hosted an Imperial Guard was when your father was crushing the last rebellion.", Elliott began while glancing at the guard. "It seems they return on much less joyful tidings."

Joseph Adaimi crossed his feet uncomfortably. He flew out of his cozy office in the Imperial City as soon as the now deceased Captain delivered the unfortunate news of the young Obeid's capture to him. Of the few people he couldn't anger, Archduke Obeid was one of them, and he didn't seem happy at all to losing his heir to Ishvaen authorities.

"The Imperial Intelligence is doing its best to recover your son, Elliott. All the Emperor needs is---"

"Don't presume to tell me what the Emperor does and does not need, Your /Highness/." Elliott interrupted the crown prince with bitterness. A mighty feat only few can get away with. "I do what your father wants me to do. I stay out of the Imperial Court, I do my duty, keep his western lands safe and secure, even oppress my own people! But he cannot protect my son?" A pause. "Your father knows I am loyal to him. He didn't send you here to ensure my loyalty. He sent you here to see how your reckless acts could devolve a whole kingdom into civil war! He sent you to see what a terrible emperor you will become!" Elliott raised his voice as he finished his sentence. But he could, and he will.

The Prince remained silent, for speaking would betray the rage building up within him. Elliott stared at him silently too. He has said all that he could've said. Suddenly, Elliott stood up, wordlessly grabbed his cup of champagne, and descended into the lower decks of his boat, leaving a shaken Prince alone, surrounded only by the still waters and his immovable guards.

Communique from the Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs
To: Prime Minister Thomas Campbell

Your silly allegations against our unjustly captured Duke have been received with levity. HH Obeid is set to be the Archduke of Jasmines, after his father's passing. You are commanded to release him as soon as possible. The Sixth Grand Fleet is half a day away from your territorial waters. You are to deliver him to the fleet via civilian rotor wing.
The Emperor is not taking kindly to your frivolous and made up accusations against HH Obeid or the Imperial Crown. Release him immediately and avoid an international incident.
Belhorizon National News: BREAKING: Military Intervention declared in Frojo. More details here.

Official Website (Work in progress)

Ishvaen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ishvaen » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:02 am

Belhorizon wrote:
Belhorizon has two states. Palmiers, run directly by the Imperial Family; and Jasmines, run by a local powerful family, the Obeids; recently raised to nobility after the third failed rebellion of seccession by the state.

40 Miles from JasmineVille city center, Jasminia Lake

Elliott Obeid stared at the glistening halberd of the imperial guard standing near him. Raising his champagne cup higher, he then turned his attention to his now glistening crystal wares. Oh how he loved coming out here on the lake. But there was an unwelcome guest on his boat.

Detaching his attention from the the cup, Elliott, Archduke and Governor of Jasmines, looked across him to find the Crown Prince, in all his arrogant smugness.

"The last time my city hosted an Imperial Guard was when your father was crushing the last rebellion.", Elliott began while glancing at the guard. "It seems they return on much less joyful tidings."

Joseph Adaimi crossed his feet uncomfortably. He flew out of his cozy office in the Imperial City as soon as the now deceased Captain delivered the unfortunate news of the young Obeid's capture to him. Of the few people he couldn't anger, Archduke Obeid was one of them, and he didn't seem happy at all to losing his heir to Ishvaen authorities.

"The Imperial Intelligence is doing its best to recover your son, Elliott. All the Emperor needs is---"

"Don't presume to tell me what the Emperor does and does not need, Your /Highness/." Elliott interrupted the crown prince with bitterness. A mighty feat only few can get away with. "I do what your father wants me to do. I stay out of the Imperial Court, I do my duty, keep his western lands safe and secure, even oppress my own people! But he cannot protect my son?" A pause. "Your father knows I am loyal to him. He didn't send you here to ensure my loyalty. He sent you here to see how your reckless acts could devolve a whole kingdom into civil war! He sent you to see what a terrible emperor you will become!" Elliott raised his voice as he finished his sentence. But he could, and he will.

The Prince remained silent, for speaking would betray the rage building up within him. Elliott stared at him silently too. He has said all that he could've said. Suddenly, Elliott stood up, wordlessly grabbed his cup of champagne, and descended into the lower decks of his boat, leaving a shaken Prince alone, surrounded only by the still waters and his immovable guards.

Communique from the Imperial Ministry of Foreign Affairs
To: Prime Minister Thomas Campbell

Your silly allegations against our unjustly captured Duke have been received with levity. HH Obeid is set to be the Archduke of Jasmines, after his father's passing. You are commanded to release him as soon as possible. The Sixth Grand Fleet is half a day away from your territorial waters. You are to deliver him to the fleet via civilian rotor wing.
The Emperor is not taking kindly to your frivolous and made up accusations against HH Obeid or the Imperial Crown. Release him immediately and avoid an international incident.

OOC Tag: I'll reply to that the moment I wake up. Haha. Tired now xD... but I do a telegraph from Little Bird

From: Colonel E3 James "Little Bird" Anderson, Special Seals Service
To: ArchDUCK(OOC:yes it's intentional) Elliot Obeid

Hi, your son's where he's belonged. Cant believe you didn't get word of his capture for 3 years, my God, not only are you oppressive, but you're pretty blind and blur too. Yes, I'm aware that your Emperor and The Desh Liberation Army are on to me, but I've survived many things. Nothing can kill me, nothing. Hey urm, remember the 1997 bombings at Deerston Square? I survived that, and I remember that the most vividly. Ya know why,you pompous bastard? Because your son, and his DLA goons murdered my family. I barely survived the fiery ordeal. Least you now know how it's like to lose family, hah. Your son took the life of my pregnant wife and 3 year old son. Innocent men, died, because your son was a messed up s.o.b. Of course, His Majesty authorized the kill/capture order against H.H. Cheer up you Moody sod, he's still alive, you have the luxury of not experiencing a family member die of an agonizing death. Now, here's the deal, you tell those terrorists to surrender and call of your troops, or we will kill your scumbag son and decimate your entire military. Ishvaen had survived 3 great wars over the course of one century, and we will not be intimidated by a bunch of deceitful no gooders. You have maximum 12 hours to comply.

Sincerely,
Your Worst Nightmare
Last edited by Ishvaen on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Panatikozka
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panatikozka » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:27 am

Dusk...

Captain Jerik Pastrana Of DRP Killer Whale And Captain Martin Westbrook Of DRP Blue Whale We're Talking Over The Radio Of The Ships.

"Martin, What the hell are we doing? Why don't we just fire our weapons at the Ishvaen ship?"
"Jerik, Don't be an ass. That's friendly fire."
"Friendly fire? You consider firing on a captured ship as friendly fire?"
"Did you listen to the briefing? HMS Portmonteau sent two teams to retake the HMS Fkying Monkey. I think their name is FOX 1 & FOX 2."
"Oh well. Why did the President sent us though? Isn't the DRP Wave And DRP Tsunami Like Tag Teams? They Should Do A Better Job Than Us... Martin? Martin Are You There? Martiiiiin!"
"Jerik, Ishvaen is reporting something wrong... Can you focus your telescope at the HMS Flying Monkey?"
"Sure, Uhh... Oh Shit."
"What? Hey! Hey! What do you see?"
"Dead Fucking Bodies Everywhere, Some Of Them Are Still Moving Martin! An explosion probably happened... Jesus Christ! We Have to help them!"
"Negative! Look Jerik, We have to stand guard here. More hostages can get killed if we move closer."
"Martin, Fuck You! We're Moving In."

The DRP Killer Whale Began To Move To The Location Of The HMS Flying Monkey. And The DRP Blue Whale Followed Along 2 Minutes Later.

"Sir, We are detecting cruise missiles from the HMS Flying Monkey." Barks The Guy Behind The Sonars.
"Shit. Fire The CIWS! Alert The DRP Killer Whale!"
Both DRP's Were Firing The CIWS, Luckily The Cruise Missiles Heading For The DRP Blue Whale Was Successfully Shot Down. While The DRP Killer Whale Got Hit On The Part Of The Hull That Has The Most Armor.
"Captain Westbrook! We're Hit! But We're Detecting No Signs Of Sinking. This Is Enough! We're Going To Fire At The HMS Flying Monkey, Preparing To Enga..."
"Negative! Men can be still alive there! we're only going to tag along. You! Private! Ask Captain Thomas Binkley What The Fuck Happened With This Great Plan Of His! Now!"

Edit OOC: (I Didn't Realize It Was Dusk, So Lets Just Act Like The Telescope Of The DRP Killer Whale Is Night Visioned Or Something :rofl: )
Last edited by Panatikozka on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
POLITICAL COMPASS
Economic Left/Right: -1.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.03

Ishvaen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ishvaen » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:55 pm

OOC: Seems like this thread ain't leading to anywhere, I'll just close it then :/

Previous

Return to International Incidents