NATION

PASSWORD

The International Millionaires' Party (IC, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

The International Millionaires' Party (IC, open)

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:04 pm

It was 2pm on a Thursday afternoon in the village of Uxerton, Buckminstershire, Astholm, and millionaire Neil Shergold had decided to hold a party in his mansion home. His mansion home, however, was not a historical one, but rather one purpose-built in 1989 to look older than it was, and he bought it in 2004 as an investment, and it's been a good one for him.

Neil made his money in selling automobiles and mobile phones in Astholm, with an estimated £36.5billion fortune (he, however, will not tell the true extent of his fortune, that's a closely-guarded secret).

One day, over lunch with his brother Adrian, he decided to host a millionaires' party, and sent out the following invitations:

MILLIONAIRES' BALL
All millionaires of the world, please attend this fine party! It will have the finest food and drink, from our nation and everything is to the highest standards.
It will be held at my residence in Bardshaw Heath, Greater Manchester, at 4pm this Friday and end on Sunday morning 10am - live for the weekend!

He waited, and waited but had got no reply. Until now.
---
In the now...

To apply use this form:
Code: Select all
[b]Name of millionaire:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Date of birth:[/b] (for legal reasons this has to be included)
[b]Nation:[/b]
[b]Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret)[/b]
[b]How you made your wealth:[/b]
[b]Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.):[/b]
[b]How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming)[/b]
[b]What day you plan to attend (Friday/Saturday):[/b]
[b]Picture of yourself[/b]

This event is semi-formal with regard to dress code, no tuxedos needed, but a suit is by far the best clothing. Tracksuits are not accepted.

Security is tight, and guards are armed with Tasers.

We hope you enjoy the party - LIVE FOR THE WEEKEND!

Adrian Shergold
Uxerton, Buckminstershire, Astholm

(OOC: This thread is not of a sexual nature, please keep things family-friendly and realistic! Also, no picspam, beautiful women pictures which could be considered of a gratuitous nature, or NSFW weblinks.)
Last edited by Astholm on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 pm

OOC: It would be nice if some people signed up, this is my first major RP here!
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Name of millionaire: Steven Wolfe
Date of birth:3/19/69 (for legal reasons this has to be included)
Nation: East Fancainia
Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret) 1,000,000,000,000
How you made your wealth: By creating a spralling metropolis underwater
Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.): 90, a tad too hard to discrbe them all
How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming)1
What day you plan to attend (Friday/Saturday): Friday, and Saterday
Picture of yourself

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Dear Mr. Wolfe,
your tickets have been sent, application accepted!

Adrian Shergold

P.S. Binge-drinking is NOT tolerated, and any offenders doing so will be ejected.
On IIWiki

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Astholm wrote:Dear Mr. Wolfe,
your tickets have been sent, application accepted!

Adrian Shergold

P.S. Binge-drinking is NOT tolerated, and any offenders doing so will be ejected.

To the gracious Adrian Shergold,
If you would like we could build you a suite in the Cosmopolitian hoteal if you would like to have the event in my city I created. If you are wondering about style we have a 50's, and roaring 20's theme. Both of them being Cosmopolitan.

From, Mr Wolfe

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:30 pm

Name of millionaire: Admiral Barbara Tucker
Date of birth: (for legal reasons this has to be included) 24 March 1952
Nation: Incorporated States of Sarzonia
Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret) Estimated at $122 million
How you made your wealth: As the former CEO of the Portland Iron Works, Adm. Tucker led the company from its formative years with a few native designs into a major company with many military designs recognised the world over for their high quality.
Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.): One American Longhair, colored grey, named Mo.
How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming) Two (her paramour is also coming)
What day you plan to attend (Friday/Saturday): Both
Picture of yourself Image
Last edited by Sarzonia on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 pm

To: Stephen Wolfe

Our party is a fine dining themed party, with various types of food and drink available. You may wish to get pop stars from your nation to perform; we are trying to find musicians for this party.

Adrian
On IIWiki

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 pm

Admiral Barbara Tucker,
your tickets have been sent. Enjoy the night!

Thanks,
Adrian Shergold
Last edited by Astholm on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On IIWiki

East Fancainia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby East Fancainia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Astholm wrote:To: Stephen Wolfe

Our party is a fine dining themed party, with various types of food and drink available. You may wish to get pop stars from your nation to perform; we are trying to find musicians for this party.

Adrian

We have many people to suit your needs. Please explain futher of the kind of music you would like

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 pm

OOC: This thread was the inspiration.
On IIWiki

American Capitalist
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby American Capitalist » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Name of millionaire: Tyrone Beckert
Date of birth:4/20/1985
Nation: American Capitalist
Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret) Two billion
How you made your wealth: By owning Batz Firewall services
Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.): 20
How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming)2
Economic Left/Right: 6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

La Habana
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Name of milliontrillionaire: Michael Lambert.
Date of birth (for legal reasons this has to be included): January 5th, 1985.
Nation: The Uber Nation of La Habana.
Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret): US$100,000,000,000,000 (US$100 Trillion) approx.
How you made your wealth: Inherited ArmaTech Corporation™ (High tech manufacturing, information technology, internet service provider, defensive equipment and software, vehicle manufacture, cybernetics, robotics).
Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.): Michael owns 300 cars, dozens of yachts, 5 megayachts, 100 helicopters, 2 mag-lev trains, 50 private jets, 1 airliner converted into a flying mansion, 1 space station with shuttle.
How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming): One ticket, he wants to enjoy himself a bit.
What day you plan to attend (Friday/Saturday): Both days.
Picture of yourself: Not sending a picture for security reasons, however we have forwarded fingerprints and retina scans for identification validation purposes.
Special requests: Michael wishes to bring some cigars from his native La Habana. Also, he wonders what substances are allowed at this event (drugs are legal in La Habana you see).

OOC: That wealth amount is not that shocking if you look up La Habana in a NationStates economic calculator; you will see that it is a perfectly reasonable figure, considering the massive role that ArmaTech Corporation™ plays in La Habana. Michael's character is meant as a bit of a playboy, but he manages the Corporation successfully; he swings both ways also.
Last edited by La Habana on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:09 am, edited 14 times in total.
The Original CyberPunk Dystopia of NationStates.
Proteus of F7, God of Foresight and Transformation.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
Council Member of The Vladivostok Alliance.
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:I own most of Antarctica!

Like hell you do.

La Habana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:22 am

OOC: So when is this going to start?
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:

Like hell you do.

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:20 pm

La Habana wrote:OOC: So when is this going to start?

OOC: It'll start next Sunday, due to me having no time this week for NS.
On IIWiki

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:01 am

OOC: OK, it's back on.
On IIWiki

Ylamoria
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ylamoria » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 am

Name of millionaire: William O´Conney
Date of birth: 1968 June 17th (for legal reasons this has to be included)
Nation: The free land of Ylamoria
Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret) 7 millions of USD
How you made your wealth: I have the biggest and only cheese industry in Ylamoria and cheese is a main ingredient in most Ylamorian cooking. Everyone buys my cheese everyday.
Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.): Cars? Who needs any cars? I have boats! Four boats actually, but they are all warships so I will just keep it secret.
How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming) 2, my butler is coming.
Picture of yourself No photos, please! Thank you.

OOC: I misunderstood the last thing on purpose.
I am gone for a while... If I can stay away then I prove that it is possible to leave NationStates. If not... then it proves that I am really bored.

Unified Western States
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Western States » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:56 am

Name of millionaire: Patricia Verns
Date of birth: January 1st, 1981 (for legal reasons this has to be included)
Nation: Democratic Republic of Unified Western States
Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret) USD$59 billion
How you made your wealth: CEO and President of Global BioTech, largest company in the UWS
Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.): 2,000 (about half are antiques that are never driven, the rest are high-end sports and luxury cars)
How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming) 1
Picture of yourself:
Last edited by Unified Western States on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Munichburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Munichburg » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Name of millionaire: Klaus von Schroder
Date of birth: (for legal reasons this has to be included) January 12,1960
Nation:The Armed Republic of Munichburg
Wealth (estimated, accurate or approximate figure, or n/a if you wish to keep it secret) 9 billion
How you made your wealth: CEO of Munich Arms
Number of cars owned and details of them (including colour, transmission etc.): 30 cars, 5 helicopters, 3 yachts, and a private jet
How many tickets you require: (please state if any relatives are coming) 1
What day you plan to attend (Friday/Saturday): Saturday
Picture of yourself Not available

La Habana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 am

*Trillionaire drums fingers on desk while waiting for party to start*
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
La Habana wrote:

Like hell you do.

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 am

Patricia Verns, your invitation was declined. Sorry, this is nothing personal.
William O'Conney, tickets have been sent. As have everyone else.
Last edited by Astholm on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
On IIWiki

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:54 am

After a short delay, the party did kick off, with Adrian opening it at 5:53pm saying "Good evening ladies and gentlemen..", may the party commence!

Adrian: Tonight's going to be the night that we LIVE FOR THE WEEKEND!! Within legal means of course, yeh, but fun and safety have to be there too. OK, that's that, let's start now... :D
Last edited by Astholm on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
On IIWiki

La Habana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:37 am

Michael Lambert walked down the steps of his private jet, puffing away at a fine cigar. His entourage followed closely behind, carrying dozens of suitcases. Michael was impeccably well dressed, in a specially tailored suit with platinum buttons, and a tie made from gold and silver fibres weaved intricately together. His shoes were polished so finely that they reflected the sunlight in dazzling beams. He wore a solid platinum timepiece on his left wrist that just oozed sophistication. In his hands he carried a gift for the host of the party: a bouquet of exotic flowers that had been coated in gold leaf on the petals, and silver leaf on the leaves and stalks. Michael and his entourage then entered the fleet of armoured limousines that greeted them at the airport, and proceeded with haste to the party.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
La Habana wrote:

Like hell you do.

La Habana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 am

Michael Lambert arrived with his entourage at the location of the party, only to find that he was the only person there. Concerned, he had his entourage search the entire building, and found only the bar staff, security guards, casino table staff, and kitchen staff. Michael Lambert was puzzled, where were all the millionaires? Perhaps they are going to be fashionably late? Regardless, he obtained a cocktail from the bar, and obtained several $100,000 betting chips to use on the casino tables. Michael played on the Roulette and Caribbean Stud Poker, and lost himself in the action. After half an hour of play, Michael had won double the original value of his betting chips, and returned to the bar for another drink. While at the bar, he sent one of his bodyguards outside to see if any other limousines had turned up; the grunt returned and shook his head. Michael then despaired, was anyone else even coming to the party?
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
La Habana wrote:

Like hell you do.

Astholm
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:49 am

*bump to get attention
On IIWiki

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents