NATION

PASSWORD

GESO General Assembly [Exclusive]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pordlandia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pordlandia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:07 pm

The Pordish delegation had been skeptical of this new legislation from the beginning; very little has been done to ameliorate their concern.

We still concern ourselves with the vagueness and potential exploits of this treaty, the Hunter explains. However, with the practicality of preventing civilian-use and industrial-grade nanomachines from being converted over to ones used in warfare largely precluding us from reaching a realistically enforceable treaty, we cannot sign off on this document.

The Pords once again chat among themselves for a minute or two before the Hunter is compelled to begin addressing Branov and the gathered:

Instead of a blanket ban, we suggest that an overall tonnage limit be established. This tonnage limit is to apply to civilian and industrial grade nanomachines as well as military stockpiles. To ensure that fairness is maintained, this limit should be divided into a number of tiers based on the overall size of the signatory state. This will aid in preventing the shutdown of concerned powers' industrial output as well as cut down on the amount currently circulating throughout the galaxy.

With that the Hunter returns to his seat.
Grazhni Pordlandia
Memory of Rekazhenvolash
Imperial Nalydian Military Assessment | Factbook
"Yeah I don't understand how that isn't just nonsensical tripe dressed up with large words."
"We'd become like galaxy killers by the end of it, each alliance far too powerful to win but too proud to give up."
"No, that's not science. None of that was science. "

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Pordlandia wrote:The Pordish delegation had been skeptical of this new legislation from the beginning; very little has been done to ameliorate their concern.

We still concern ourselves with the vagueness and potential exploits of this treaty, the Hunter explains. However, with the practicality of preventing civilian-use and industrial-grade nanomachines from being converted over to ones used in warfare largely precluding us from reaching a realistically enforceable treaty, we cannot sign off on this document.

The Pords once again chat among themselves for a minute or two before the Hunter is compelled to begin addressing Branov and the gathered:

Instead of a blanket ban, we suggest that an overall tonnage limit be established. This tonnage limit is to apply to civilian and industrial grade nanomachines as well as military stockpiles. To ensure that fairness is maintained, this limit should be divided into a number of tiers based on the overall size of the signatory state. This will aid in preventing the shutdown of concerned powers' industrial output as well as cut down on the amount currently circulating throughout the galaxy.

With that the Hunter returns to his seat.

Thinking for a moment Branov smiled, he addressed the Pordish delegate, quite refreshed they had suggested a possible improvement. And an improvement that made sense.

"I believe that would be an acceptable modification to the treaty, and it would add elucidation to our intentions The Terran Alliance throws its support behind this modification. And shall make every effort to incorporate it."
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Houseidou
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Houseidou » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Ambassador Natsume Birushana of the Divine Sovereignty of Houseidou took the floor, still elegant in her houmongi patterned to resemble her nation's flag. "On behalf of the Divine Sovereignty of Houseidou, I will be voting in favor of the S.A.S.T., for similar reasons as our Pordish friends. We utilize nanotechnology for a variety of different applications, from medical usage to fight infections and diseases at the cellular level, to the refinement of materials on a molecular scale to make them stronger than chemically-processed equivalents, to rapid assembly and fabrication of goods, to construction to seamlessly assemble and join together components to make buildings faster and more durable." The priestess-turned-representative smiled fondly for a moment. "Thanks to our nanocores, it is an uncommon occurrence in our colonies for people to take a day off to go watch a skyscraper being built, as the actual building of the frame and installation of the glass can be done in a few bells, even a watch or two at maximum. However, we have regulations on how nanocores can be utilized. Our nanocores need core keys to activate the nanites and turn them from an inert block into an active swarm with directions. Core keys are closely guarded and regulated in their manufacture and usage, and need an AI to interface and program them. And there are varying levels of core keys depending on the size and/or complexity of the task to be done. We understand the risks of nanotechnology going out of control, which is why we have devised systems to ensure that they remain under our control."

Ambassador Birushana closed her eyes for a few seconds and placed a hand on her own chest, causing it to glow, then opened her eyes and extended out that hand, motes of light issuing forth, flickering like a swarm of fireflies. She gracefully swept her hand as if practicing tai chi, and the multitude of firefly-like objects followed her movement, then she conducted them like an orchestra, arranging them in the air in increasingly complex configurations before finally turning the cluster into her own nation's septagram before making it into the GESO logo. She let the emblem of the organization they were all a part of hang for a few seconds before the swarm returned to their mistress' hand, fusing back into her body and passing through her skin. "I understand this issue very personally. I am a kouaijou, one blessed by the Sovereign Mother to have incredible gifts. The source of said gifts is a swarm of advanced alien nanites within me. One way I can manifest this power is through what we call 'torchflies', clusters of nanites creating cellular-scale fusion drives, as I just showed you. The whole time, a veritable armada's worth of nano-scale fusion flares was going off above your heads, and all it did was increase the temperature of the room by a degree or two. And you all were in no danger, as I had complete control over my nanites. Our commercial nanites are reverse-engineered from the nanites of the Celestial Phoenix I have flowing through my veins. We are willing to work with other nations to help design similar control methods for their nanotechnology, as we understand the power within something that is, quite literally in some cases, a part of us." She took a bow before her fellow ambassadors. "Thank you for your time."
Last edited by Houseidou on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:18 am

(updated the treaty to reflect the rewrite that I forgot we had)
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:32 am

Former general Halstrom Vek had remained quiet throughout the discourse and debate thus far, his perpetually sour expression, like that of a man smelling a foul odor, softly illuminated by the bluish glow of his data-terminal. Between the dim lights in his area and the nondescript suit of gray wool he habitually wore, he'd become easy to miss in the vast chamber. He'd not volunteered for this position, but rather he'd been 'voluntold' to apply for it. The Argonian Empire was, at its core, a militant regime, despite efforts to appear to the contrary. Vek had been selected for his position as the Argonian Delegate to the GESO based on his exemplary military record and no-nonsense attitude. Vek got things done.

He'd voted 'aye' to the proposed changes to the court systems with a flick of his data-terminal, and 'nay' to the proposed restrictions on newly-discovered worlds due to the fractured nature of the Argonian Empire; much had been lost previously and former colony worlds were being rediscovered all the time as new routes through the Warp were discovered. The last thing he needed was scrutiny for agreeing to allow a member state to seize control over a former Argonian world.

His scaly finger hovered over the 'nay' button for the proposed limitations of strategic weapons of mass destruction simply because the wording was far too vague, and Vek trusted legislators no further than he could throw them, which typically wasn't very far, but that depended on species and made the metaphor rather pointless in the multi-species environment of the GESO...

"The Argonian Delegation finds issues with the vagueness of this treaty, as stated before by my fellow delegates from various member-states. The Argonian Empire does not employ nano-machines in martial or industrial applications, and therefore has no stake in this portion of the treaty. It does, however, employ many more conventional forms of mass-casualty ordnance. I'd personally like to see some sort of clarification of what this treaty deems 'mass-destructive'. Is it simply the ability to kill a planet? Asteroid drops or repeated bombardments from orbit have worked well in the past, but are hardly specialized tools. Tailor-made viruses or cyclonic torpedoes are more efficient choices, and seem worth regulating. Under the current wording, this treaty would be too broad in its reach, regulating everything from inert chunks of space-rock to nuclear devices and nano-scale machines.

I propose setting a threshold of some sort on what constitutes a 'weapon of mass destruction' to give this treaty some focus, or otherwise tabling it for another time. I was under the impression we had more pressing matters to discuss, like combating piracy or the stability of the Hobbebian government in the wake of their civil conflict..."

Vek always felt like a fool referring to himself as 'The Argonian Delegation'. It was just him, along with a few support personnel who fed him information via his old command-interface implants, but it was just him doing the talking. He felt out of place, a soldier among diplomats. Every time he opened his mouth, several dozen pairs (or more, he was never sure with some of these species) fixed on him, and often attempted to countermand his points. It was infuriating, but unfortunately it was the hand he'd been dealt...
-Member; NationStates Private Military Corporation Guild (NSPMCG)
-Member; Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO)

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:32 am

"Dyelli Beybi votes 'No' to the revised SAST Treaty." Admiral Collins announced, sounding somewhat disinterested, "We do not feel compelled to change our stance by the attempts of other certain other delegations to imply that the fact that we haven't had to deal with an out-of-control nanite infestation somehow negates our concerns over this piece of Draconian legoslation. Dyelli Beybi reasserts its right to produce whatever weapons we deem necessary to defend ourselves."

"In general terms we find the tendency of this assembly to pass interventionist legislation, not to mention the levying tyrannical taxes, disturbing and ill-advised. We are not here, unless I have been terribly misled, to create a galactic super-state." She continued, "Yet this is the path we have set ourselves on. This court system, which so many delegates have supported, is perhaps the most tyrannical proposal of all. It creates a Court system with no defined mandate and no appeals process, effectively allowing GESO officials the unrestricted right to interfere in any State judicial process they feel the whim to intervene in with no right for an individual or State to challenge a decision."

Pordlandia
Envoy

Postby Pordlandia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:34 am

The Nalydian delegation notes the Argonian's commentary. In truth they had previously harboured similar thoughts (well, still do), but that does not preclude them from speaking up in defense of the treaty - at least on some level.

This treaty does not concern more conventional methods of mass destruction. Its main purpose is to limit nanomachine based weapons to prevent the outbreak of uncontrollable self-replicating plagues from overtaking the galaxy. Planet killers, system killers, sector killers, and other similar massive scale weapon systems are much easier to keep contained. Such weapon systems generally don't think and operate independently... Naturally speaking then, they do not act in their own interests. For obvious reasons they cannot be limited - to do so would outlaw the vast majority of ship-to-ship weapons in use here by almost all of the signatory powers as they almost all are capable of ending worlds.

The Hunter stops for a moment and then turns to the Terran representative: Of course, if we are incorrect in our observation, please do clarify, he finishes.
Last edited by Pordlandia on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grazhni Pordlandia
Memory of Rekazhenvolash
"Yeah I don't understand how that isn't just nonsensical tripe dressed up with large words."
"We'd become like galaxy killers by the end of it, each alliance far too powerful to win but too proud to give up."

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:36 am

Vek looked through the proposed bill once more before phrasing his response, savoring the awkward pause...

"I've found that without strict definition of the item to be regulated, it leaves the proverbial door open for for over-reaching regulation beyond the intended scope. As the Dyellian representative has mentioned previously, this legislation has the potential to adversely affect the arms manufacturing industries of numerous member states. Being the representative of one such member state that relies heavily on the manufacture of arms for both defensive purposes and for trade, broad terminology is troubling. A single las-rifle, dropped onto a primitive planet, has the potential to spark a genocidal conflict over control of the weapon. In a broad sense, that makes las-rifles weapons of mass destruction and subject to regulation under this proposal. While I feel such radical leaps in thought processes are unlikely, the potential still exists. If I am to apply my approval to such measures, I expect them to be air-tight in terms of their focus and not have enough wiggle-room to allow such things to happen..."

Aware that he was soap-boxing, Vek made to wrap it up...

"The Argonian Empire values its autonomy in all things, especially in it's involvement in the GESO. I will not allow such limitations to fall into place, good intentions or otherwise. We either tighten up future wording or I will continue to vote 'nay' on this issue."

Galactic Economy and Security
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Galactic Economy and Security » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:30 pm

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Hulking and rock-like, S'tabba scraped his lumbering bulk across the floor and over to the podium that had been build specifically for the Science Federation. There were many races and many types of races present at this assembly, but few were as different from the others as S'tabba, the Horta. Some still wondered how he could sense the world around him, let alone communicate. But this was no great feat for him. Science Federation prosthetics had set free the intellect of what many would have at one time considered a block of silicon.

He was over 200 years old, and had been using the prosthetics to speak in the manner of carbon-based life forms for over a century. For this reason, though he was not particularly intelligent, he had managed to acquire an immense vocabulary--which he, looking at every opportunity to dispel the rumors that spread of his rocklike form being slow-witted, took every possible opportunity to put on display. This had the disquieting affect that, as often as not, those listening to him were left wondering just what he was trying to say.

"Inferitous members of this august body," he began, "tardiness in our errands will not be salubrious if undertaken at this juncture. We have a salient threat before us in the Basaka; are we to allow ourselves to burn from our own indolence?"

As the delegate lumbered away from his nation's podium, already a private message had been sent to Mother Superior Natsume Birushana and the Houseidan delegation.

If the council fails to act, what applicable laws govern the formation of a joint, multinational task force to deal with the Basaka?
Last edited by SF n F on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wandering Argonians
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Wandering Argonians » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:41 am

It was very odd, Vek found, to listen to a pile of stone speak, much less speak with more eloquence than he himself managed on most occasions. Humbling, perhaps. Admittedly, he was dumbstruck for a moment, until the message sank in. The stone heap spoke of conflict, and this was one thing Vek knew well, better than he knew the complexities of politics and legislature. He'd never tangled with the 'Basaka', however. Reluctantly, he spun out a few leads and plugged them into the connection ports behind his right ear-fin. With a couple taps of his fingers he connected the old command interface implants in his head to his support staff elsewhere, who fed relevant data into a shared drive accessible by the metal in his skull.

There was a tingle in his scalp and a faint buzzing in his mind as they went live, flooding his mind with data. Outwardly, Vek blinked and growled softly, preferring more old fashioned methods of learning, like reading, for example. There were some times when one couldn't read enough, fast enough, and the implants were handy in these sorts of situations. At least, when his support staff did their jobs and loaded relevant data. There were much newer models, but the procedure to replace them was reportedly more painful and invasive than the initial implantation process and Vek hadn't been keen to undergo such a process again. After a few seconds of leafing through the files his support team uploaded Halstrom Vek found he had nothing pertinent on 'Basaka' of any sort. Sighing inwardly, he hammered a few more keys into his data-terminal in frustration, sending a message to the Argonian Black Watch and to the GESO's intelligence apparatus requesting further information.

As an afterthought, he sent a message to the rock-thing's terminal as well...

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:17 pm

It's a shame they even let the debris from the mines have a voice in this cesspool of an Assembly, where would something like that even be remotely useful? For science, or one hell of a All Hallows Eve prop of a speaking statue!?" mused a human delegate going by the name of Ignius Holmes to his aide would was busy making mean spirited jokes about the various alien species present that day on his data pad sending it out to other human delegates of various nation under an anonymous address.

Ignius stood from his place in the crowd and made his way to the podium with gusto.

"Dear... fellow delegates. After hearing the arguements from all side we, the Imperium of Hobbeebia, hereby cast a vote to accept the Treaty as it is worded and call upon you all to ratify this Treaty as is and without further delay. Such a delay would only...

Then a loud noise rang out as the doors to the Great Hall burst open with a great force making way for a contingent of Eborian soldiers lead by Master Admiral Val' Toshie who appraoched the Imperiums seating place within the great hall taking the aide and others their into custody. Val' Toshie instead took to the center stage where Delegate Holmes was currently standing in awe of the spectacle. Val'Toshie's hulking frame towered over Holmes by comparision His Imperial armored uniform glimmering brightly from not only its polished surfaces but from the hardlight adornments. His 6 large wings barely touching the ground behind him; visibly flustered and projecting with one or two moving slightly on their own probably due to Val'Toshie's angered state. His normally calm, placid white eyes where now like tiny stars burning within his skull, evidence that his bio-energy levels were spiking.

"Delegate Holmes! You and your consort are hereby placed under arrest for Treason and Conspiracy against the Imperial Crown. You are ordered to surrender effective immediately and are to be taken into custody to stand trial from your crimes!"

Holmes staggered back in fear and surprise before reaching back to grab a hidden pistol from the small of his back and pointing it towards Val'Toshie. The soldiers in the crowd without hesitation took aim at the Delegate as he trained down on the Master Admiral.

"Do you think I will be taken by the likes of you and your kind!?! You are filth parading around like the righteous your not! Polished shit is what I see before me..."

Before another word could be uttered Val' Toshie threw his right hand forward and sent a projected energy wave into Holmes' chest knocking him to the ground. It was a minor hit and Holmes recovered quickly taking a shot at Val'Toshie, the bolt glancing against the brooding Eborians shoulder. Val'Toshie's face distorted in rage, clinching his fist and tensing his muscles he let out a deafening scream. His eyes began to glow even more his wings moved outwardly, and his hair began to float ever so slightly. Soon small bolts of electrical energy bolted from Val'Toshie's body against nearby objects and a slight breeze developed making flags wave about and in a blinding burst of speed Val' Toshie lunged forward taking Holmes by the neck with his left hand lifting him to eye level.

"Human Trash!" then another energy pulse from Val' Toshie's right hand coupled with some of the electrical bolts vaporized Holmes' head letting his body go limp.

Turning to the crowd Val' Toshie addressed the Assembly.

"By order of the Triumphant Emperors, the Imperium votes against the current measure until such time as the wording can be improved. I ... Apologize for this display."

Val' Toshie turned away and left with his team back out the great hall doors before leaving back through a portal back to his flagship.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:59 pm

Collins had taken the precaution of hiding under her desk when the shooting started, though it seemed she was the first to sit up and straighten her jacket, "Dyelli Beybi proposes that the Head of Security for the Assembly be dismissed from their role." she announced, "But only after he or she has seen to the prompt removal of the corpse in the Assembly Hall and has organised for the cleaning of the carpet."

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:10 pm

Rachel, an aid, assigned to the Science Federation delegation, tried to cut through S'taba's space, trying to make a break for the door. As she did, he reared up in front of her.

"Be still, child," his voice said to her horrified face. "If they catch you running, they could shoot you."

She blinked, her eyes coming to focus on the silicon-based life form in front of her. What, only moments ago, had seemed a lump of rock with strange machinery on it now had flexed into something over six feet tall and just big enough to shield her from seeing the way out.

It...was...trying to help her.

"What...are you doing?"

"I am less prone to laceration from their rapiers. Something that could dismember you would only be a blot on my proverbial escutcheon. Now calm down before you inadvertently harm yourself."

Though she was assigned to his delegation,she hadn't really looked at the Science Foundation delegate before. She could see now that she had thought was little more than a block of stone was actually quite fluid in its motion. It had birghtly-colored ridges running through its surface, and they seemed to serve as boundaries on a material that was something like a cross of muscle and bone. It was at once strong and flexible. She also noted globe-like orange growths evenly spaced along its body, some of which had cables attached that ran to microphones, cameras and...she couldn't tell what. They must have been sensory orbs. Something told her she should have been horrified, but there was something about this...creature...that put her more at ease. It said it was...trying to help her. She relaxed.

"Good," it continued. "Now...Vista, can you provide seating for this young minx?"

"Honestly, S'tabba. Such flattery." The voice that spoke was a contrast to S'tabba's. His was gravelly and decidedly masculine, while Vista was more lady like, more motherly. "Ceratinly I can make room in my branches."

Rachel looked in the direction of what she had thought was a middle-aged woman and had her first encounter with another species from the Science Foundation, a T'ree. And Vista was...a T'ree. She was almost 10 meters tall, with branches and spade-like leaves...and she moved. As Rachel stood aghast, a root rose out of the ground and formed...a nearly perfect chair for her to sit in...and a memory came to Rachel's mind. Vista was short for Vista of the Sun. She had a long name, in the tradition of the T'ree.

As Rachel sat, S'tabba returned to his previous, more boulder-like stance.

"Wh--why are you doing this?" she asked.

"Don't you know?" S'tabba asked. "On my world, we once lived a life where all but one of us died out. Humans remedied this by...caring for our young. As such, virtually all Horta feel a certain affection for others of the species to which we owe so much."

"It is similar for the T'ree," Vista continued. "We of the Federation were all at one time...hunted...almost to extinction. We had to rely on each other...and it is only," Vista paused, "natural that we still habitually do."

As Rachel sat, a man in a military uniform came through the doorway, rifle-like weapon in his hands. She tensed for a moment, but could not help feeling more at ease...more...among friends.

"Everything alright, miss?" the man asked.

"Fine," she replied.

"You're sure these two aren't--?"

"We're diplomats, not terrorists," the T'ree replied. "We make peace. Have some nectar, it's really quite good." Vista spoke, some of her branches moved to a table-like structure along the side of the cubicle. There, in bottles specially designed so that many different species could open them, were a few liters of an orange-red liquid.

"Thanks," the man said, "but I'm working." He reached down and clasped something on his collar. "Agent 12--area 51 clear," he said.

"Feel free to stop by when you're indenture ends," the rock-like being said.

And then, without a word, the man was gone.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Collins' datapad flashed. She looked around briefly to make sure nobody was trying to look over her shoulder then flipped it open. The news inside made her visibly cringe, though she quickly was quick to cover that up and assume her usual nonchalant attitude. Just so long as nobody was paying attention to Dyellian politics, everything should be fine...

RawHein
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Far'Ha sighed, as his life appeared to be made of sighs and stress. "While we have a little quiet in the assembly hall, I believe we can at least pass the gate expansion Delegate Branov put forward. Unless there are any objections?" Please no objections...
The Raw'Hein naming system.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

[REDACTED BY MOD] (no registration or extra software necessary)

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Branov simply and plainly said as he looked up to the secretary general those eyes of his worn.

"No objections I vote aye"
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:30 am

Rawhein wrote:Far'Ha sighed, as his life appeared to be made of sighs and stress. "While we have a little quiet in the assembly hall, I believe we can at least pass the gate expansion Delegate Branov put forward. Unless there are any objections?" Please no objections...

"No objections from the Minrozian Empire. I vote Aye." replied Admiral Soo Kong.

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:29 am

The Science Federation delegation consisted of three members. With two of them busy seeing to an aid, the political duties then went to the delegation's token humanoid, Will Heatfield. Appearing a young man--in the prime of his life as humanoids go, he strode with confidence to the microphone on the delegation's podium.

"No objections," he said, his close-cropped, brown hair seeming somehow in character with his IBM blue suit and tie. "The Science Federation votes 'aye.'"

Houseidou
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Houseidou » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:34 pm

Ambassador Birushana took her turn, once more striding up to the podium and submitting her vote. "The Divine Soveriegnty of Houseidou votes aye in favor of the gate." She stated succinctly before stepping away and off of the podium to give the next delegate their turn.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:34 am

The decentralisation of the United Autonymous Republics meant the passing of a bill of national interest was an extremely arduous task; it would sometimes take upwards a month before one of the three houses came to a decision, and then the cycle of rejecting, amending and submitting repeated itself within each tier of the system. Which is why the Governor decided to pass the matter of voting in intragalactic affairs concerning the state straight up to the Dominion's responsibilities.

Thus, the Ellian ambassador, a middle-aged man by the name Rolando Riley, was a delegate of the Dominion as opposed to the Republics, answerable directly to the Queen. He stood up now from his position along the rings of desks - rings that may rival that of Saturn's as far as Rolando was concerned - and made his way to the podium.

"No objections," Ambassador Riley declared, "It's an aye from us. The Starsailors' Dominion votes in favour of the gate expansion." With that said, he bowed his head to the assembly and returned to his seat.
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Ambassador Tal thought for a moment, "Before I make a final decision, would we be allowed to set up stations in neutral systems?" The Ambassador was well informed with the situation along the frontier, they needed a place where a frontier military command station could be established and deal with that threat.
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:15 am

Branov pondered, he took a sip of water from a frosted glass that was placed upon the desk before him. He rose and replied in a diplomatic and thoughtful tone.

"The Terran Alliance would not have objections to my fellow representatives request. This network of gates will be of such a scale,with so many powers participating; that we may require an understanding on how to conduct activities through these gates. In furtherance we will need help provide additional security forces that I believe the GESO is more than capable of providing.

The economic and diplomatic benefits to all our peoples would out weigh then short term costs we must remember that."
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Rolando had not considered the final days of his presence in the Supreme Allied Headquarters anything remarkably noteworthy until a call from the Queen herself alerted him to some concerning developments in the Orion Arm that he simply had to report to the Executive Council before checking out of the building. That was why he stood at the podium right now, addressing the entire assembly in an urgent tone.

"My most sincere apologies, ladies and gentlemen, for delaying the gate expansion any more than it has been. However, it has been brought to my attention that a foreign power is infringing upon neutral territory within the Outer Frontier Region of the Dominion. They seem to be in the process of forcefully removing the native occupants of the planet via mass kinetic bombardment." A map of the system in question was displayed to the assembly, with the planet being besieged highlighted in red. "Generally, it would be the Dominion's responsibility to dislodge them from the area. But our scouting fleet sent to investigate the matter was all but annihilated."

"I was also alerted to a threat of invasion of our territory followed by a particularly expressive act of aggression on their part. Given their perceived capabilities, the United Autonomous Republics' is genuinely concerned for their safety and ours. In addition to this, we have little to no reason to doubt that they have both the capacity and intention to carry out said threat. We urgently implore the GESO to assist us in dealing with this matter, via force if necessary."

He bowed respectfully and yielded the floor, hastily contacting the Queen and her subordinates whilst doing so.
Last edited by Ella2 6 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Pordlandia
Envoy

Postby Pordlandia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:07 pm

The Nalydian delegation stands in silence as they take in the Ellian commentary. They take a few notes and talk amongst themselves as the Orion Arm is mentioned and the details of the conflict are painted in full. Breaches of national sovereignty are irksome indeed (but more often than not are of little concern to the Pords) but this case is... Different in nature. A direct threat was mentioned to GESO members and this is likely to force action. One of the Hunters steps forward away from the other Pords of the delegation to address the gathered:

We have assets in the region, as many of you here know. Countering this incursion before it becomes too extensive is our best course of action, the Hunter declares. He steps back into the group of other Pords.

We will need to verify the authenticity of this account with von Begin, one of the Pordish delegation says to the other Pords.

You are correct, the Hunter agrees. He toggles his communicator and jots down a quick note; this is relayed to von Begin rather quickly. Nothing more is said to the gathered about the news for the time being.
Grazhni Pordlandia
Memory of Rekazhenvolash

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents