NATION

PASSWORD

GESO General Assembly [Exclusive]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm

S'taba ambled up to the podium in the unusual manner of his species, then rose to a significant height to stand over it.

"There are two matters of import here," he said. "First, should the good delegate's vocalizations be proven to convey significant verity, intervention is called for. Second, if we choose another modus operandi, that may include providing succor to the victims. The Federation stands ready to support our allies in either event."

He ambled off.
Last edited by SF n F on Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 am

Ambassador Tal now stood up to address the situation. "There is no discussion in the eyes of the Eternal Amber Empire. We can have a fleet in the region within the next two days as the 216th is on another assignment of putting down the Kudush Expanse Revolt. But we can move another force in there. The Eternal Amber Empire votes Aye in assisting our member. If the rest of the assembly votes nay, the Empire will then act on its own authority and engage the hostile fleets on the other planets in the system before striking their main force."
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:14 am

Ambassador Tal stood up, "I would like to call for an election on the Secretary General. It has been some time since we had one last and I believe it is time for GESO to vote in elections for the Secretary General." Ambassador Tal sat down and wasn't sure how his motion would go. He hoped they would realize it has been awhile since a SG had been elected and it had been a while for any elections really.
[/floatright][floatleft]

RawHein
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:04 am

"Indeed" Char'Ha acknowledged. "My term has been coming to an end for some time now, and personal issues have been requesting my attention recently. It's for this reason that I must announce my early resignation on medical grounds, effective in two weeks."
The Raw'Hein naming system.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

[REDACTED BY MOD] (no registration or extra software necessary)

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Branov sat back, the announcement was hardly a surprise, any executive position wares on the office holder. Less to say he nor anyone from the UTA had any intention of running for SG, that was best left to other members.

He stood up and stated.

"I hope I speak for most here when I wish secretary general Char'Ha good health, and a thank you for serving our great organization."
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:23 am

The orange filaments that bound together the dense yet flexible nodes that made up S'taba's body turned to gray. Federation Horta were raised from infancy by humans. With a Horta easily living four times as long as a human, this meant that many a fledgling lost the companionship of what could only be described as his or her parents far, far too soon. Their frail bodies just went bad suddenly--sometimes, they could be maintained for a mere few decades, but this was the exception---and it was as if one day a Horta looked around and all the humans whom he loved were only memories. Thus, S'taba was naturally concerned for the health of any human, and his body showed sorrow and apprehension in ways that would be obvious to those familiar with the Horta.

"Don't take it so hard, my friend," Vista said. "It is the way of all things."

"I know," the senior diplomat said, "but I had no opportunity to greet him. Yet another casualty of time's encumbrance. I should be less sensitive."

"No," said the T'ree. "Never lose your sense of justice. It unites us."

S'taba turned on his platform.

"I had never viewed the situation in hat light," he said. "You're right."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 08, 2017 3:09 pm

It had been some time since the Dyellians had had anything to say. There were continuing internal squabbles over whether GESO was squeezing money out of them for no benefit, although the pro-GESO faction had apparently won support in the short-term. Why the opposition groups had chosen to fall silent was about to be revealed...

Collins looked uncharacteristically grave when she stood today, taking a moment to cast an eye over the assembled delegates before beginning her speech, "I stand before this Assembly today to request the military support of all loyal members of GESO. Dyelli Beybi stands under threat of war and even were we willing to comply with the ultimatum that has been laid before us, we are unable to do so. It is still our hope to prevent war and as such we request that all GESO members who are able scramble all available ships to the Daer system to provide a show of military power which will give our enemies pause."

"For those delegates unfamiliar with the situation on the planet Daer, the planet was once mostly the possession of an entity known as the Federation of Klatch. Dyelli Beybi is the last surviving State of the Federation and as such we believe it is our duty to protect all former citizens of the Federation and to ensure that large tracts of the planet do not fall into anarchy. During a time of civil war, under threat of invasion by our neighbours, Dyelli Beybi signed a treaty whereby we agreed not to do so. However, of late, the State with which the Treaty was signed ceased to exist and Dyelli Beybi brought several former Federal territories into the fold. These territories are now antonymous States with voting rights within Dyellian Parliament."

"Unfortunately the State in question, Alcona and Hubris, a puppet state of Ilek-Vaad has sprung back into being and is now demanding we withdraw from all former territories. Had these demands been made when Dyellian troops first entered these States this might have been possible, however, as previously mentioned, the delay was too long and the people of these lands are now Dyellian. The representatives of these States will not vote to allow a foreign power to disassemble their States and send their populations into exile. Neither are the other members of the Dyellian parliament inclined to do so to satisfy the desires of foreign rulers. However the territory was acquired, we have no choice but to defend the rights and liberties of our citizens and we would ask that GESO assist us in that."

OOC: For reference, the thread is here; viewtopic.php?f=4&t=405169&start=25

Strarus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Tue May 09, 2017 5:30 am

OOC: just for those who don't know I'm New Roman Empire. I've made this my FT nation. Just giving those who don't know a heads up.
Unit #1987500000001 "Retribution"

The Strarus sat in their seat, "these organics can't be serious. There isn't a SG so there can be bought official GESO action. We will need to start the election before a full GESO resolution could be brought up for vote," Retribution whispered as it look at it's counterpart to his right. It stood up and now addressed the floor, "Pardon me organics, but we currently have no SG so therefore a war resolution cannot happen. If we are to take action right now, it would be our own people's choice to engage in such a conflict. As many of you know we are running for Secretary General, Mr. Branov is running as Vice SG. This is a logical time to commence the vote for the election of both positions," it informed as it now looked at Mr. Collins.

"Mr. Collins, do not worry Archon has been informed of this event and we will be sending forces to assist your people in their war effort. But logically I don't believe the GESO Navy could be used until this election is over. So We call for a vote on the SG and VSG positions, these positions have stayed vacant for too long," it informed as it say back down and the counterpart nodded to it as Retribution sat back down in the chair.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu May 25, 2017 12:30 am

Ever since the discussion over the charter many years ago Pacifico had spoken up, for anything, instead focusing on an apathetic observation of the whole situation. From the quick talk over making parts more universal to elections which where of rather poor quality, wars to foreign alliance politics, more war related talks to taxes, and debates of time travel to nations leaving. All with more war talks in between, before, and after though the uplifting creatures ban hit closer to home. Though the last not war related thing was the proposal for the gate system. This however he was told was not as much as his counterpart had to deal with observing in the World Assembly. After all this time it had become painfully clear that the nation he represented was just highly unprepared for the change, I don't know about you, but I'm just here because my government pays me to be here. Seemed to fit his mood for a while now, he was not a politician, nor was his nation diplomatically powerfully. He was not a soldier in the same sense as how the rest of the galaxy viewed it, nor was his nation any sort of military power. He was not a business person, as the closed bubble he had grown up in had been busted, nor was his nation an industrial might. By all means by this point in time they, as a species, were a detractor in this alliance.

Though besides more communication over wars, the place had been very quiet over politics and especially the political bureaucratic body of this alliance. A number of us may not even seek the power, merely the companionship of other nations. Maybe that was true, seemed like this alliance had found itself in a lot more armed conflicts than peaceful resolutions and having a lot of powerful companions never could hurt it seemed. But after a long delay, elections had finally come back up. There of course was the charter specific secretary general and the not charter specified vice secretary general which already had individuals running for of course. And whoever got voted into the top spot of secretary general would have the ability to through the charter appoint members to the galactic commerce committee, temporary negotiators or ambassadors to resolve conflicts which never seemed to be used, the joint chiefs of command, as well as a few other roles not put in though were more unimportant behind the scenes stuff. Which only left all seven positions on the executive council open as well as all three positions on the strategic espionage unit. Though given how everyone seemed happy with the fine jobs everyone was doing before the election was brought back up, everyone already on would probably just keep their old positions.

Since the place was rather quiet and not a whole lot of caring in the world going on besides the conflicts going on outside of it, Pacifico stood up for once in a long, long time to speak, "I would like to nominate myself to fill a role in the executive council." With that he simply nodded and sat back down. Either it worked or it did not, in the end it did not effect him, the wars and the politics would still go on, all one of his species could try to do is be a bigger pebble in a stream before getting washed away by all the better, superior, and scary unknown out there in the universe.

There is no telling what that race will do once they have been uplifted.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Sun May 28, 2017 9:42 am

Things were happening rather quickly for the Federation staff. They hadn't been members of the Assembly long enough to take part in its elections, having joined after the, for lack of a better term, campaigns began, but already they were in the process of getting their state involved in two potential military conflicts and a possible aid effort.

With an efficiency that belied her torpid appearance, Vista fired off communiques to the relevant parties offering to the Dyellians a negotiating team to help with their border dispute and humanitarian aid and to the Dominion requesting as much information as could be had on what appeared to be actionable aggression against them. Staff would be made busy preparing to appraise the Foundation of these situations. Preparations continued.

OOC:

I would appreciate it if the Dyellians would respond to the offers. They're also willing to commit a small military force, which would be in the documents sent.

The Dominion should likewise show the returning of the message--showing that a response was sent, but not necessarily detailing what it contained.

I'll review the thread that was indicated while I'm hoping for an answer. :)

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 29, 2017 5:12 am

Collins had been replaced by Drake (the previous Dyellian representative to GESO) some days earlier. Collins was a military commander and had been called back to command the Homeworld Armada. GESO had had plenty of time to respond to the calls for aid, though the response had been muted at best. Dyelli Beybi, it seemed, was destined to stand alone.

He stayed silent during the delegation from Strarus' speech. Apparently it was 'illogical' to activate the mutual defence mechanisms that they all contributed to while elections were still going on. The delegates pledged aid so he held his tongue. After several weeks though, no aid was forthcoming.

Then there was an offer of a negotiation team and Humanitarian aid from the Federation. That was not quite what they needed. They needed ships. Still it was better than nothing so the Drake wrote back, politely accepting the offer.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Branov took the floor in a rather causal manner, those eyes of his glancing across the multitude of diplomats and representatives in the chambers with him. For the moment he seemed to avert his gaze to Dyellian representative to address the point raised, he wasn't snubbing the election talks but he did think that assisting an ally and addressing some concerns where more pressing at the moment.

"I'd like to being by addressing the concerns of our Dyellian allies, it has come to our attention the Commander Silver has authorized the GRF to consider the deployment of a peace keeping mission under GESO flags. For now she requested that the Terran Alliance send a spear head of ships and terrestrial forces as an initial response force under Vice Admiral Trevor Niscane.

I believe this council should provide what ever assistance it needs too, to its members as dictated by the charter we signed I wholeheartedly believe that is a sacrosanct part of our organization. I do think a grater and more detailed overview as provided by our esteemed allies might give the GRF and all of us foresight on how to better handle this situation.

I am privy to some of the details of the situation as the Terran representative, and less to say perhaps we can encourage the parties who are in belligerence with the Dyellin's to allow meditated talks to take place? "
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Katarias
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Katarias » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:01 pm

Haenyris Valeris, the representative of the Empire of Katarias, one of the newest members of the GESO waltzed into the room, he knew he was late but he was largely apathetic to the whole affair. He had been given ground rules when coming here by the Fuhrer himself. Do not mention the genetic superiority of the Katariacian's as other species seemed to get upset over it rather quickly, and do not display outward signs of aggression. He gave his word that this would not happen, so he raised a hand in greeting and leisurely sat down.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:27 pm

An embarrassingly long time had past since there was a call for an election, with a measly three individuals running. Most everything now was happening behind the scenes, it still was the same old war stuff. Pacifico supposed that is what mutual defense was, all about shooting that individual that shot at the fellow alliance member. So the election wrapped up with the whimper that it was with everyone getting what they wanted, the Strarus getting the head spot, the Terran got their vice again, and he moved himself one step up in the bureaucratic nightmare this could be landing a spot in the Executive Council. Every other open spot that the charter had was to be filled with those that previously had said positions. It was a rather sad state of affairs on top of the sad warfare that always seemed to be happening to one nation or another.

Next thing to do was probably make some friends, he had been stationed here for many years, the social life was definitely lacking. Given the walkover election conclusion it was now back to waiting for another update on the civil war, or news of a new war, or some kind of violence breaking out. A whole lot of fun in existence.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Strarus
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Unit #1987500000001 "Retribution"

Retribution stood at the center of the floor, "We are glad to see that we have been selected as the new leadership of GESO. But, we feel that the new war that our members have entered must take precedence. As we are speaking to you, a fleet is being prepared to enter the field of battle, we will assist with any efforts we can in the area." Concluded Retribution as it walked back to its seat and seemed to power down for a few seconds before it moved again. In fact the message was being sent out and uploaded onto the server.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:43 am

By what right do you presume to be a leader to anyone here machine? Announced a voice from the rear of the assembly hall. The GESO has become dark as member nation have been forced to retreat behind their own borders to deal with their own problems. You must have not gotten the office memo... The GESO is no one's... No one accept the Imperiums to control until the rule of law under a properly elected SG can be established.

The voice came from none other than Val'Toshie, Lord-Commander of the Hobbeebian GRF Forces and Lord-Eternal of the Imperiums Unified Forces. He and his GRF units where quickly entering the Hall were a few delegates were still sitting, most probably packing their effects before leaving. If one was watching carefully they would have noticed no a single Human in the squads which now filtered throughout the hall. With battle armor donned and weapons raised they all bore the insignia of the GRF.

As a senior level leader of the GRF I am enacting a new security protocol in order to secure this Assembly Hall and all its contents from anyone whom may wish to exploit them. Until further notice all meetings and all personnel must be granted approval from the GRF security Office.

Throughout the GESO facility various GRF security units filtered in setting up check points, searching offices, and detaining individuals who couldn't present proper identification.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Strarus
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:37 pm

High Ambassador Lycal

Lycal stood up from the Secretary General Chair, "We have received word from the prods they are pulling their forces back from their gates to assist with their war effort. Therefore the Strarus Galactic Republic is mobilizing forces to take up the security of the prod gates until the war has ended. Also we are sending several fleets to join the war and we encourage all of GESO to assist with the supplying humanitarian and general supplies to the war effort if not military intervention themselves," Lycal concluded and took a second to gather his thoughts.

"Also I would like to called a vote, I propose sending some of the GESO expeditionary fleet on a two year mission to explore new areas of space. This will allow us to hopefully come across new allies, species and new technology from a agreement," he proposed as he sat back down.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 am

Pacifico idly looked up when there was finely more activity to be discussed, though surprise surprise, it involved war. The follow up was a nicer change attempt after a long period of just dealing with all the outside violence in silence. While it would have been a swell thing to just approve the idea and move on, after a moments thought he shook his head.

"If I am not mistaken you just said that one of the largest forces in this organization just had to turn their defensive forces to go off to war. Would it better to keep any assets available in case this war thing goes poorly. Instead of sending something out for possibly no return that you are looking for."

Strarus
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:48 pm

High Ambassador Lycal

Lycal thought for a moment before responding, "The fact is Pacifico, sooner or later the franks will be on your door step if we don't approach this the right way. The way the Pords are fighting this war will doom the rest of us, they are preparing to send billions of their soldiers to fight and die for a single star system. So we are better prepared if we pull our resources together and use a single strategy to win this war. The fact the Pords are pulling forces back for this counter attack only shows their tactics are not working and this should worry the whole assembly," he concluded as he handed a piece of paper to a Strarus civil servant and had him deliver the paper to the Ellian delegation.

Exit the room go right, down the hall to the first intersection. Then go right and it will be the third door on the right, bring the paper with you. I have something to discuss with you.

High Ambassador Lycal

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Ambassador Normar Phyllips

The proceedings were unremarkable for the most part. The majority of day to day GESO affairs were just like that of any other organisation: Cut and dried with a bit of salt sprinkled on top due to internal politics for good measure. Normar had become bored of these matters a long time ago. When the Strarus High Ambassador, Lycal, called upon an election, Normar was hoping the case would break the monotony of the General Assembly. She perked up when a Strarus civil servant handed one of her subordinate envoys a small paper slip. The man handed it to her after quickly checking it. It never hurts to be careful, after all.

Lycal wrote:
Exit the room go right, down the hall to the first intersection. Then go right and it will be the third door on the right, bring the paper with you. I have something to discuss with you.

High Ambassador Lycal

What's this? A bribe? An assassination attempt? A friendly talk over the local bar to establish some personal relationships in the middle of this mess of an alliance? Her mind raced through the possibilities briefly before she got a hold of herself. She beckoned her aide with a subtle wave of her index and middle fingers and whispered into the girl's ear. "Fetch me a knife. Any would do." She handed the paper slip to the girl as well. "And dispose of this for me. I'll be at the door."

Normar was well versed in these political shenanigans - she had to be in order to survive in the climate that was the Ellian government - and she knew it was always good to be prepared for a fight. GESO knew this as well, it appeared, and they had banned carrying all sorts of weapons into the building. No matter. Improvisation was always an option.

She discreetly slipped out of the room, taking only her most trusted subordinate and leaving the rest of the delegation behind to screen her disappearance from unwanted eyes. She waited in the halls for another minute before her servant returned with a butter knife she stole from the dining room. "Thank you, Gene. Get back to the Assembly and don't let anyone know I've gone." The girl bobbed her head in understanding and walked off, her demeanour calm and almost oblivious to the recent events. Such was the training of the Diplomatic Corps, Norma reflected.

She continued with the directions she was given, careful to avoid the gazes of familiar people. After some more minutes of navigating the corridors, she came to the backroom that the directions led to and quickly entered once the halls were clear of people.

"Sorry, I'm late. Got stuck in traffic," she said to Lycal as she entered the room, followed by her advisor, "What is it that you wish to discuss?"
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Strarus wrote:Lycal thought for a moment before responding, "The fact is Pacifico, sooner or later the franks will be on your door step if we don't approach this the right way. The way the Pords are fighting this war will doom the rest of us, they are preparing to send billions of their soldiers to fight and die for a single star system. So we are better prepared if we pull our resources together and use a single strategy to win this war. The fact the Pords are pulling forces back for this counter attack only shows their tactics are not working and this should worry the whole assembly,"

"So the best way to respond to this problem that we all face is to send a force that could help in this war effort to go explore uncharted space for possibilities. Given the universe that I have come to know that would more likely lead to more problems that would have to be dealt with on top of the terrible situation this organization has seemingly managed to find itself. Given how bad everyone wants to paint the situation would that expeditionary force even have two years to not be fighting. Is there going to be another superpower out there for us to find and help fix our problems?"

It would not have surprised Pacifico if forces were already sent out due to the ever increasing behind the scenes decision making that had began to take hold of how business was getting done around the place.
Last edited by Ferret Civilization on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 am

Ferret Civilization wrote:
Strarus wrote:Lycal thought for a moment before responding, "The fact is Pacifico, sooner or later the franks will be on your door step if we don't approach this the right way. The way the Pords are fighting this war will doom the rest of us, they are preparing to send billions of their soldiers to fight and die for a single star system. So we are better prepared if we pull our resources together and use a single strategy to win this war. The fact the Pords are pulling forces back for this counter attack only shows their tactics are not working and this should worry the whole assembly,"

"So the best way to respond to this problem that we all face is to send a force that could help in this war effort to go explore uncharted space for possibilities. Given the universe that I have come to know that would more likely lead to more problems that would have to be dealt with on top of the terrible situation this organization has seemingly managed to find itself. Given how bad everyone wants to paint the situation would that expeditionary force even have two years to not be fighting. Is there going to be another superpower out there for us to find and help fix our problems?"

It would not have surprised Pacifico if forces were already sent out due to the ever increasing behind the scenes decision making that had began to take hold of how business was getting done around the place.

High Ambassador Lycal

The best way to deal with this problem is to do that partially, the strategy I am going to propose has two groups a main battle group and a strike group that is going to his strategic targets. Now I have thought about sending fleets to explore unknown space as well, there maybe a super power. But, we also cant take the risk of make more enemies and fighting on more fronts than we already are, now I have just received a message from the Strarus government and I must deal with that," he concluded as he walked out of the room to go to the meeting point he had set up. He waited for several minutes before the Ellian ambassador finally arrived.

"Good, you're finally here. The matter of which I wanted to discuss is both open and classified, first off you know that an election is coming up and I am going to be defending my spot from two other people wishing to have it. The pords are one of the people, their tactics so far in the war have cost them. They pulled their forces from the gates to prepare for a large counter attack with the terrans over a single star system, both are going to extinguish billions of lives over a single star system and this is a battle I feel that could be a pivot point in the war and if those two were to lose then their war effort would be weakened. I know you are no friend of the terrans right now either, I have plans to replace the Supreme Allied Commander spot with two Vice Admirals so that way we don't have another Rastho Prime incident again. Not to mention, I could get my people to send several fleets to your front to assist and help the battle's in your theater. Now on to the classified part, I need your support for the election and I am would prefer to not do back room dealings. But, at this time it seems necessary to do so as the Pords would doom us all is they get the SG seat," he concluded.
[/floatright][floatleft]

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:16 pm

With his objection more or less brushed aside and the back and forth forced into a close Pacifico was not left with much to do. More and more stuff happened behind the scenes now, and even then got tangled up further in secrecy. Made keeping track of everything that was really going on around the banded together nations as well as what was suppose to be happening within GESO itself. Apathy was also going up all over for a larger and larger percent of national peoples involved in the organization which was just sad. The election schedule was so messed up that it went from months apart to years to weeks. Somehow one of the nations were always at war and the charter was never fully followed seemingly ever. The nations he learned to respect the most had already left whatever this was, poor experiment to him. He would have to contact Veikko to see what they could do about leaving themselves, the help just was not turning out to be worth it.

Ella2 6
Diplomat

Founded: May 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ella2 6 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Ambassador Normar Phyllips

Lycal articulated himself well. Normar listened closely, carefully picking out fact from fiction as he spoke. The man seemed to be earnest with her. She decided to return the favour. "I appreciate your concern for the Rastho Prime incident," she said, "but the UAR has lost faith in GESO and its ability to protect our nation. Perhaps if this vote goes your way and you can change the inner workings of GESO into something that can live up to its name we will reconsider our stance. If not, we are prepared to break our ties with GESO." She paused to think for a second. "You will have my vote for now, but I expect you to live up to your promises."

Deeming this conversation to be concluded, she turned to leave, but a thought occurred to her as she reached a door. "High Ambassador," she called without turning back to face Lycal, "You are currently holding the Secretary General's office, are you not? What stops you from implementing said changes now? Why wait until after the elections? If you can show GESO that you can make a change to the currents systems, your victory would surely be guaranteed in the election. What is the difference between now and then?"
Wiki Factbooks
Kato
Kaga-Kami

A writer of magic, fantasy & science fiction.

Pordlandia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pordlandia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:37 am

Strarus wrote:High Ambassador Lycal

Lycal thought for a moment before responding, "The fact is Pacifico, sooner or later the franks will be on your door step if we don't approach this the right way. The way the Pords are fighting this war will doom the rest of us, they are preparing to send billions of their soldiers to fight and die for a single star system. So we are better prepared if we pull our resources together and use a single strategy to win this war. The fact the Pords are pulling forces back for this counter attack only shows their tactics are not working and this should worry the whole assembly," he concluded as he handed a piece of paper to a Strarus civil servant and had him deliver the paper to the Ellian delegation.

High Ambassador Lycal

The Pordish delegation, silent as usual, has not missed the current discussions going back and forth on the floor. With the mentioning of the war their attention becomes fixated even more on the speakers as they go back and forth with what appears to be faulty information. The lead representative stands and speaks loudly to the gathered:

I am afraid that the esteemed High Ambassador Lycal is not dealing with facts, he says. He holds his communicator up into the air; on it is a copy of the post-battle assessment drafted by Admiral Hyth. Please direct your attention to the debrief concerning the battle that started this conflict.

The attention of the gathered is directed towards the hologram. On it, in vivid detail, are the names and statuses of the ships that engaged off Rastho. The High Hunter speaks again:

As can plainly be seen here, the very first engagement of this war was a resounding Pordish victory, he says with another nod towards the hologram. The other theatres do not bode well for the Franks either. In the System Turanov the Franks have begun to withdraw and their forces are badly outnumbered by UMS naval assets. In our unified capital of Bastille, Union warships are gathering from all corners of this wide multiverse. In Yamsai the Franks have been held and are trapped in interdiction nearly two light-years from the central star. And here in the Milky Way, the Franks have not attacked at all since being thoroughly defeated by Admiral Hyth at Rastho. Gentleman, I do think these facts are clear. von Begin's 8th Fleet here in the Milky Way was sent to defend GESO member-states and assets; it has done so spectacularly and will continue to do so. The Franks cannot and will not win this conflict.

As if to prove his point, the hologram shuffles between the various situation reports that he has access to. He stands silently as these shuffle through and are displayed to the public. Grazhni Pordlandia - the VRZ, the High Hunter's Navy - has kept GESO and the Milky Way safe from Frankish assaults. It is for this reason that we will also be announcing our candidacy for the position of Secretary General. We have kept GESO safe and we will continue to keep GESO safe.
Grazhni Pordlandia
Memory of Rekazhenvolash
Imperial Nalydian Military Assessment | Factbook
"Yeah I don't understand how that isn't just nonsensical tripe dressed up with large words."
"We'd become like galaxy killers by the end of it, each alliance far too powerful to win but too proud to give up."
"No, that's not science. None of that was science. "

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents