NATION

PASSWORD

GESO General Assembly [Exclusive]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Strarus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:01 pm

High Ambassador Lycal

Lycal walked back in the room after the presentation had ended, "I would like to adjourn the GA for the [url=High Ambassador Lycal]Alaruni Summit[/url]in which the election will be taking place as well as discussing the amendments to the charter and changes to the organization as a whole. I hope to see you all there," He concluded and then walked out of the room.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Pacifico came back into the hall right near the end when the Pords brought up the new elections carrying a bunch of random papers and notes that were finally more or less organized into hopefully something. Lycal would probably be having his people discuss this kind of thing he was going to bring up here before dropping it once and for all altogether.

"Ah yes the upcoming elections which have once again been decided should be taking place now, only a shorter time after our rather failure of a last set of ones which only three people ran, yet all positions managed to stay full without much activity required. Now I will admit that I am part of the problems that I am going to bring up. And since I have learned that I am not the one to handle these things I will bring them to hopefully the front of the minds of everyone here and perhaps the next set of elected officials can create the change that everyone has been hush hush talking about behind closed doors.

Of course we should focus on our most recent GESO Charter. However it would probably help with where this is coming from by looking at this organizations history by first looking at the setting up of the first charter as well as the slow improvements that have taken place, which is quite a lot touch ups to get where it is now. And of course it is still not close to being perfect but it gets more and more acceptable with each change, those of which do not always come easy and has caused quite a lot of problems in the past. With two particular cases in the past coming to mind. Their complaints did slowly help create change only when it got bad enough to bring out the bitterness. If you can't see the documents I am holding, I do hope you are getting the point I am at least trying to start up here.

Though that is the past, everyone here likes to focus on the now to feel like the complaints will come out of nowhere. I have of course been keeping messy notes that a fellow ambassador made way nicer. Of course that could be said it was with a less updated charter, so I made sure to go over the charter again and mark it up for all to see. It gives quite a lot of positions created and what they should do, some are lacking, like number of people needed or other things. We have and I will list every position for all to know considering I have heard people do not know all of them; Allied trade command, Galactic commerce committee, magisterial assembly / GESO judicial court, Tribunal, Negotiator, Ambassadors, Galactic response force, Joint chiefs of command, Supreme allied commander, a Security Council created Committee for GRF, Secretary-General, First and Second reserve Secretary-General, Security council, Councilors, Executive council, Ministers, Galactic aid and development agency, Strategic espionage unit, Triumvirate, and the Interstellar research institute. Now those are a lot of positions thank you for baring with me on that. The only three elections we have had are people running for the Secretary General, Executive Council, and Strategic Espionage Unit. You can look up how those went and turned out for yourself. We had one term for a few months, then one for over five years, and this one which is going into a few months. Not all those positions are able to be elected into, they are assigned by elected position, which were never officially done here but rather behind the scenes.

Since that rather has mucked up the names for our positions, it has turned the Charter positions First and Second Reserve Secretary General into the Vice Secretary General and Defense Secretariat respectively and somewhat expanded their powers. Also the way elections are grouped together do not match the outline in the charter, as the Secretary General is suppose to serve two Sol years period unless impeached, the Executive Council is suppose to serve for one year, and the Strategic Espionage Unit Triumvirate members are suppose to get three years with a new member being rotated in every year to stagger it. Of course with the high level of apathy in here I understand this can not be followed, so it would probably be better to just throw out those pieces of information. There is also a problem I have noted when it comes to Article 2.B, both the B's are rarely followed through with and most the time there seems to be a vote to go straight to war with hostile nation. Which is what Article 3 handles for Article 2 which makes it rather unneeded for the kind of alliance everyone here is wanting. Then it comes to the things not in the charter that were made behind closed doors to do something, maybe fix that apathy problem instead of relying on already in place unfilled positions. First example that comes to mind is how we as an organization have let nations in, when this place was first created it was all handled by one nation's people, then came the Group voting to just letting the everyone handle it, though twice it was shut down during times of duress. This is something that is never defined in the charter, probably does not have to be, but just bringing up the random things. Behind the scenes even these positions names changed to things like Comptroller General or new recruitment handling people though it was more like creating a new position instead of bringing back the old. And yes these positions do not officially exist.

Another problem with the behind closed doors is who has what position. Right now I know I am on the Executive council and that there should be seven people. However it turns out that Founder nations that were here from the very beginning will always have a seat on the Executive council. Looking at the records that is over twenty five nation's with people on it. Not to mention I believe all six nation's with people on the Strategic Espionage Unit still have them there, not having officially been removed in some limbo thing. That is more than what the charter calls for, it would almost be a thank goodness apathy is so high here or that might be abused. Though because of a thing like that there are cases where ambassadors here begin to not know what is going on, and it could hypothetically get bad. That is to say nothing of the poor record keeping of who actually is a GESO member in the first place. Looking back though what little there is when a nation actually officially signs up did you know my nation of Ferret Civilization is not officially a member, not the only example, the nations of Raw'Hein and SF n F have their own funny tales. That is for those that actually got to signing up and getting involved, there are those that have never done anything with GESO apparently getting good positions of power, along with those that have resigned and not officially come back getting the same. Of course the charter cover none of these scenarios which might be a good thing to start looking at.

Those are just the building up straws off the top of my head, sad to say that I am probably missing a lot that can not be covered in one sitting. In the end I would like to see more transparency and loyalty to the charter that a lot of people have tried to work on. How you want to do that is up to you, could look at me like I am crazy if you want. But I hope in that someone among you saw something that you can change."

With that Pacifico wrapped it up, there would be more later, probably come up when one of the other ambassadors tried to tell him one of the things he said was wrong, which probably was. At least it showed they listened, maybe looked at some of the evidence he tried to bring, and cared enough to correct him. He collected his papers that had become a mess in him trying to form a flowing argument and waited to see what came next.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing prohibited links.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Cough.. Things are being addressed.
Last edited by The Fedral Union on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
Member of the Galactic Economic and Security Organization
[REDACTED BY MOD]

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 am

"Things are being addressed, well finally after all those years of complaining about the apathy problem here and needing to get more involvement in these halls once I try to make that happen it gets blown off with that. Wonderful, do wish them all the best in creating a charter that has all the positions there that do not need new ones made up on the fly in secret cause no one is filling up the original positions. And that the rules they decide upon are agreed with and followed rather than disregarded within the later months. The people from Auman have been heavy with the behind the scenes stuff, really working out better for them than it has me when it came to pointing out the over bureaucracy things when it came to positions just being tossed out. Hope they have fun with their unofficial Census position. Other politicians they remind me of are the Abraski, anyone remember their complaining behind the scenes earned them a special position in order to evaluate new organization members or friendly nations. Was their position ever unofficially removed like the Comptroller General, after the unofficial vote by like six months I might add, to help maintain that plausible deniability.

Though I personally enjoyed learning of the United Terran Alliance people's political remark in the backrooms about how I should not complain about how those that constantly do the backroom thing obviously get better positions despite not running in election, if the positions are already filled, or sometimes even being an official member. Really great behind the scenes corruption and lack of care about the Charter process. Makes for a great leveled equal playing field knowing that kind of stuff will never be publicly admitted though looking through the history has caused problems before. Believe the Charter change was suppose to fix that, though I suppose having run off the authors and biggest supporters could tend to not have the intended effect. Seriously though, good luck coming up with a new Charter that is more followed and understandable. Current one is just looking like a poor smokescreen to say yeah freedom and moral values or something. Sheesh I am beginning to think those like the Franks are right to say GESO is in the wrong.

Really do no one has to bring this speech up to the Terran founders like last time since this place is seemingly very beneath a lot of people and nations now. Doing everything behind closed doors though might be more of a blessing for how it seems most want to run this organization anyways, keeps the ugliness out of the whole galaxy's view, being strongly two faced and able to cover up what is not wanted to be talked about. Besides what I have already rambled on about one of those things that I will try to expand on is those non-existent records of who really is a member in this place and by whom are they accepted. Last time I brought up a few examples of poor management, though I found one more in the people of the Argonians. And surprisingly their people have had access to the SEU's resources without ever officially becoming a member on public records. You know, along with the five others on that three position job.

Just ends up further proving how things have been done, especially if one wants to look at the records of this Hall for this past Sol year. Barely anything yet so much has been done out of the blue like with the random elections and some new organization member nations. Yet instead of just going all out one way or another on how to do business and such there has been this split face while member nations are slowly losing interest in doing things in this Hall. And in the end there is always another war to fight out there no problem at all, guess it beats the boring politics stuff. Mind as well just go all out and be a military alliance it fits a lot of things better here. Though... Figure a dusting off of this place again with some polish and free smell would help revive this place. Place the new Charter up for all to see, maybe actually follow the rules and guides it lays out there. Who knows this could have been what all those years of complaining about are going to be paying off into, hope it goes to plan and in the coming days it really gets cranked out as not just a touched up old Charter that we have now.

Good luck. Prove me wrong in the future, I'll find a way to learn about if it messes up and it was all for nothing like last time. And now is a good time to say goodbye. Highly doubted the few of you in here really cared for what you just want to call bitching, and may some of you find the solutions to the full set of problems I laid all out for everyone to see and finally create that change and take the lead. Heh, never was a member to have to resign and there are at least twenty five nation's people to replace me on the Executive Council despite it still being full without me, am I not lucky. Already have a Bar in mind to be hitting up."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Pacifico looked around as the time was going by rather slowly. Wondering when the change that was years in the making was going to happen, and thinking over any closing statement that he wanted to make. The more the silence went on the more that he thought about, just like before, just like it was going to be. A Hell of a lot more silence.

"Damn even trying my best I can not get a word out of anybody here, really like that statue quo or the wars that are constantly going on still in the name of promoting peace and stability. You know I really had to check over those jokes that are keep as historical reminders to what GESO has done, did anyone here know most of the activities were related to war or violence, sixty six percent of them in fact. Whenever the guns break out there is also more focus on it, drawing in more involvement. This place would seriously make a better pure military alliance than one that tries to dabble in politics or anything else, just places too many restrictions in the way when it comes to jumping in to defend an ally. Not that those regulations stopped anyone here from breaking out the we are in an alliance let us break out the armed forces right now and not later. Even if you look at all the other representatives titles here and from the past a large lion share were various military titles. Helped show off that individual strength as well as that group unity thing that this place really thrives for when it comes to violence. Not so much with other things.

Bring up the whole recruiting standard again, it was a thing set up in the first Charter, with article twelve. Made me go over who was really just in this in alliance anyways. My count of those that have sent members here to represent themselves in this organization as well as any nations that put in applications to join and were accepted into the fold and that number was nice and high, one hundred and thirty one members. Now that is a nice big number but looking around this Hall of course things did not add up. The real number of nations that went through the process of applying to join this organization as well as sending individuals to represent them in this Hall, and that number is only forty six. A lot smaller, but even that is not right considering who are let in as members, total nations that have represented themselves here with voting and decision making was at eighty five. That is thirty nine nations with no public record of vote to get in probably allowed in through backdoor voting. And it probably was convenient. On the other side there are forty six individual nations that have applied, got accepted, and have done nothing in either the GESO Halls with it or got involved with operations anywhere else. Of course there are no Charter rules against having to do something, so they make nice cozy statistical bonuses to recruiting new nations or looking like a bigger organization than we really were. This is of course not including the official GESO nations that neither applied nor sent anyone to these Halls and still got to use the banner and take part in operations as a full member. And these stats do not include the nations that have officially left the organization or have done so in private which makes keeping track of the real numbers oh so much harder and not really needed.

Though looking at these numbers I wanted to see if the behind the scenes way of doing business was making having things out here on more public records less common. On the first year after making the Charter and starting up the organization there was sixty two recorded things put out by fifteen different national representatives. Then there apparently was a five year period of statue quo, which probably helped get more members in relation to article of twelve of the first Charter. As twenty six new members were allowed in, those that includes the individuals that wrote and created the organization's guidelines. But that is just my theory. Then there was one seventy two recorded things put out by thirty six individual nations. With another another eighteen members let in during that time. Next year it went down to one fifty three records by thirty four members, with nineteen new members let in through the official application process. Last year was the best, an outstanding three hundred and eight records by thirty six nation's representatives with another twenty six members let in. And then we get to this pathetic year, which came after another five years of statue quo at the worst time just to crank out a new war vessel. Only thirty two recorded events by eleven different national representatives including this one I am making right now. With only three new nations officially let in to the organization.

Looking at that trend that was being set up this organization was looking great, there was a lot of public talks for whoever that wanted to see to see. It may not have been perfect but most of it was there, now what, it all has just vanished from these Halls. Things still happen at their same rate, the conversations and voting have just moved from here to behind closed doors. And that has become the acceptable thing to do, even I was happy at times to do, it just made some things so much more easier. Though it lead to a disconnect on what the Charter was suppose to do and what we as individuals could take up within the structure it set. Of course even then it was unofficially changing with the group consensus despite no one, even me, being like hey since we want to have it this way why don't we change the Charter to fit with what the majority wants. That is what really disappoints me, with the increase in apathy here and lack of political action though constant military action. Just, I get that is a place most nations in this galaxy want, I have always said that is was a violent one. So of course the best response would be greater controlled violence with numbers.

I really do hope, once I head out after this. Maybe it takes some more months, or years. But hopefully all of you can get the Charter that fits with the courses of action most taken and wanted to be taken instead of coming up with these restraints that are not followed. And like I said just a while ago, maybe it would be best just to move everything behind closed doors to do whatever you lot want as an organization. Still really hope that the change really works out and GESO continues to go on forever and ever in time with new friends and old standing side by side in the face of whatever threat any individual faces. However this ideal was never one that my nation held, though we stuck around because a lot of the nations that you people represent here, helped my nation achieve many new opportunities in the galaxy than just sitting on a dying rock. But given the sad state, on top of ideals my people never held. I just hope that some of you listened to my bitching to help fix up what there is that can be touched up."

Pacifico looked around, scratched his snout, picked up his belongings and started to walk out of the Hall. "Really was some of the best times of my life here, despite never really getting it. I'll make sure to give anything I can to help out those working on the new Charter and census behind the scenes. Left the official resignation letter on the desk that served me well here." And with that the Ferret ambassador made his way out and on the trail back home.

Belgiosweden
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgiosweden » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:41 pm

*Votes for own proposal*
"Hallå, I am King Robert I the Conqueror of Belgiosweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Norway, the collective feudal states of the wandering world, and the collective feudal states of the outer colonies.
Did I mention Feudalism?"

Important note:
This nation embodies the road not taken, most of my technology relies on the rules and principles in the link below https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bel ... /id=860629

Also don't be shy to join the neutral space discord, It's always nice to see new people.
Neutral Space

The Second Brotherhood of Planets
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:45 pm

"As such, the Brotherhood votes to retain the status quo, perhaps with the caveat of an activity pledge from our esteemed membership."
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:05 pm

The Terran Alliance believes changes can be made via precedents set by this body and thus votes to uphold the current system with modifications to the said system made by general assembly.

-Councilmen Branov-
[09:07.53] <Estainia> ... Nuclear handgrenades have one end result. Everybody dies. For the M.F Republic, I guess
[REDACTED BY MOD]

RawHein
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RawHein » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Belgiosweden wrote:*Votes for own proposal*

*Does same*.

No, wait, MY proposal, I meant I voted for MY PROPOSAL!
The Raw'Hein naming system.
Raw'Hein's introduction
Raw'Hein's reformation

[REDACTED BY MOD] (no registration or extra software necessary)

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:26 pm

For the desolution of the SG and the Securirt Council but through slow and deliberate legislative measures through the exiating system.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Kornosia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kornosia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:05 pm

We, the true Ventorie, will not be voting on this matter.

Red Talons
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 12, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Red Talons » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:47 pm

The Technocracy finds in favor of the Belgioswede proposal
This is my factbook(perpetually under construction)
Because I advocate more space-magic, Laws For Magic.
A 4.2 civilization, according to this index.
---
Defense Status
{Green}--{Orange}--|{Blue}|--{Red}--{Black}
---
Universal peace is an archaic concept.
It is like taking a handful of sand,
and expecting none of it to slip through your fingers...

=Isahil Traekith=
---
Fear is a basic emotion...
What frightens you more, the evil that you know?...
...Or the evil that you don't...
When you light a candle,
you also cast a shadow...
=[Data Redacted]=

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:15 am

The Minrozian Empire votes and approves of the changes to GESO.

Strarus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Strarus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:26 am

A lone Strarian Ambassador walked to the center of the room and held a piece of paper, he unrolled the paper and began to speak, "Due to recent events all GRF forces and resources going to the Frankia war are to be suspended effective immediately. This refers to all GRF ships, humanitarian supplies and anything related to GESO resources shall be stopped. This is an executive order and these actions shall take effect following the conclusion of the document. Also all these resources shall be appropriated elsewhere that shall benefit the Alliance as a whole." He then rolled the paper back up set it on the SG's desk and walked back to his seat.

The Fedral Union
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fedral Union » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am

Vice Secretary Branov stood forth and nodded to his colleague stating just as the other had finished his decree.

"The Terran Alliance fully backs the Executive order that the secretary general has put forth, it has the full faith and compliance from the government of the United Terran Alliance, and as vice secretary I concur full-heartedly with the Strarian Ambassador."
[REDACTED BY MOD]

SF n F
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 am

S'taba rose to the podium.

"Due to the vernality of The Science Federation's membership in this august organization, we abstain."

Pordlandia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pordlandia » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:48 pm

The Subjugation of Mendacity
And Liberation of Truth

Strarus wrote:A lone Strarian Ambassador walked to the center of the room and held a piece of paper, he unrolled the paper and began to speak, "Due to recent events all GRF forces and resources going to the Frankia war are to be suspended effective immediately. This refers to all GRF ships, humanitarian supplies and anything related to GESO resources shall be stopped. This is an executive order and these actions shall take effect following the conclusion of the document. Also all these resources shall be appropriated elsewhere that shall benefit the Alliance as a whole." He then rolled the paper back up set it on the SG's desk and walked back to his seat.

A Clash Amongst the Stars wrote:
[...CONT]
...von Yamsai agrees. Tasi - you are correct. The High Hunter reaches for some notes and quickly looks through them to refresh his memory. Triskel has disappeared from this plane. Alterra has ascended and no longer exists among us. Kressnia has surrendered to the Franks and has allowed Frankish engineering craft to move their system out of Castiana. And most of GESO is incapable of contributing to this conflict. We have received word they have even placed an embargo on aid and are recalling all assets slated for offensive action...
[CONT...]

[...CONT]
...Murdoch places a map down before him. Of Turanov we have no further information other than what has already been given by you, he starts. A small Frankish flag appears above the system on the map before it seems to vanish entirely from view - the star, the planets, and everything in it. nam-Tyrazh is still holding the Franks off Yamsai. Battle lines are being drawn at Tale.

More indicators appear on the map - Frankian, Pordish, Terran, and Mri for Yamsai; Frankian at Tale and Pordish at Septimania.

nam-Kyzhaq is maintaining his blockades around Neustria, Austrasia, and Grand Feylorium....
[CONT...]

[...CONT]
...Recall I was at the signing of the UMS charter, Reid begins. Since then it's been revealed that a timeline divergence resulted in the destruction of the UMS. Not just the UMS, mind you, but everything in that temporal continuity. I'm sure we are all aware of the Mayan forces engaged at Rastho? They came from this alternate timeline but managed to escape and stumble upon our own. This indicates to me that the UMS failed in one of its primary purposes. Our organization failed in this alternate timeline.

The various gathered Pords listen in silence as Reid speaks. He rarely adopts such a serious demeanour - but when he does there is almost always a damn good reason.

GESO also failed in this timeline, he continues, and from what I've been able to gather, they were fighting our allies and were the cause of this timeline divergence to begin with. This isn't the only major problem the GESO have caused. No, this issue is merely exacerbated by the terrible record of GESO forces when operating in conjunction with our own. Off Rastho. Against the rebels of Triskel. During exercises near Phenia. I've even heard from High Hunter Kazhel nam-Koch that they even refuse to simply meet with some of our allies.

What are you trying to get at, Reid? Kornat Hanüch interjects in the midst of Reid's list.

The feldmarschall grins with the commentary. Hunters of the Council, I suggest we support the Zhyssian motion to withdraw from both the UMS and the GESO. GESO clearly has little intention of aiding us here in this conflict. The Franks declared war upon GESO, but they have taken it upon themselves to ignore the Frankish declaration and seem to be in full withdrawal. It is not our job to help them. We should simply leave,
and let them fight the Franks alone. And I think leaving the UMS requires no justification. The organization exists solely on the parchment upon which the charter is written...

[CONT...]

[...CONT]
...Thank you, Hanüch purrs, this will be our official vote on the matter. Where do we stand on withdrawing from the UMS and from the GESO?

The Yamsai'an abstain, von Yamsai replies first.

The Mürsk'an delegation is in favour, High Diplomat Narlok says.

As are the Nävsh, the delegation from that Great House reveal.

On behalf of High Hunter Cholkük, the Natynozh are also in agreement, the Natynozh delegation confirms.

I will contact High Hunter Häzhel-nam Koch myself after this meeting so he can draft our official resignations, Hanüch grins...
[CONT...]

Nalydian Relations
Official Communique to Greater UMS, GESO, and Allied Forces:

To: UMS High Command, Bastille, Indomitable System;
GESO Allied Headquarters, Neo Earth, Neo Sol System;
Mri High Command, Nika, Kesrith System, MV-1

FOR OFFICIAL RELEASE TO UMS, GESO, AND ALLIED FORCES

Tnem-Fragg has taken the current Frankish War under heavy consideration:

The High Hunter Council has deemed it necessary to consider Nalydya's place in this vast cosmos and how this relates to the current execution of the Frankish War. Let the record show that Pordish forces have borne the greater share of the burden of this conflict and that other powers currently at war with the Dread Kingdom of Frankia have proven themselves to be of little consequence:

(i) Witness the refusal of Galactic Economic and Security Organization (GESO) member-states to participate in offensive action against the Dread Kingdom;
(ii) Witness the withdrawal of GESO assets and capital from those who might consider operating in said offensive capacity;
(iii) Witness that the GESO elected to ignore a polity actively waging war against them and only took notice of said conflict a week after it began;
(iv) Witness the fall of Turanov and that it was defended by Broes, Terrans, Alterrans, Kressnians, Taleans and Burienites to no avail;
(v) Witness the ascension of Alterra to a plane beyond our own and their inability to continue the conflict from said higher plane;
(vi) Witness the concurrent flight of Triskel from this plane as well in a manner not unlike that of Alterra's own ascension

These failings have not gone unnoticed by the Alabaster Kingdom. Forces under the banner of the Union of Multiversal States (UMS) have proven themselves to be incapable of engaging the Franks in an efficacious manner. And so too have the GESO failed to act capably or decisively. This stands in contrast to Nalydya's own contribution:

(vii) Witness the siege of Septimania - projected to contain fifty million hulls - by Pordish forces;
(viii) Witness the Battle off Yamsai currently detaining a projected fifth of the Frankish armadas;
(ix) Witness the blockades of Austrasia; Grand Feylorium; Neustria;
(x) Witness the targeting of Ratkon

These are realities that cannot be ignored.

So that Nalydya may thrive, she cannot remain within the shambolic ranks of the Union of Multiversal States - founded to ensure the security of nations bound by no singular territorial unifier (but joined through mutual desire to see the emergence of greatness), the UMS has failed terribly as an organization. Frankish warships sail about UMS holdings without fear of serious reprisal. Armies that cannot fight have no business being fielded any more than boats that cannot float or aircraft that cannot fly. The UMS record is disgraceful.

Ineptitude is also why Nalydya cannot remain within the ranks of the GESO - as an organization established to foster growth and trade with the benefit of mutual defense, the GESO have failed as catastrophically as the UMS. There was no reaction to the Frankish declaration of war. Upon being informed of this state of hostilities, the organization elected to withdraw from the conflict. Unless the GESO are secretly Frankish collaborators, this is incompetence of the highest degree. This is not acceptable.

Let the record show that Nalydya will be continuing this conflict no longer bound by the chains of inept organizations. Destiny guides us and will bring us to our eventual victory.

May Jlokhemit watch over us and Rekazhnar guide our bows.

Drafted at the Behest of High Hunter Kornat Hanüch,
Signed in High Tnem-Fragg,
Under the Authority of the High Hunter Council,
High Hunter Häzhel-nam Koch, Hunter-Diplomat of Greater Pordlandia,
High Hunter Hans-Ulrich von Yamsai, Head of the Great House of Yamsai,
High Hunter Cholkük, de jure Hunter-General of the Great House of Natynozh,
High Hunter Kornat Hanüch, Head of the Great House of Zhyso,
High Hunter Batyev Kalachyt, de jure Hunter-General of the Great House of Mürsk,
High Hunter Malachoq nam-Kazhev, Head of the Great House of Nävsh
Grazhni Pordlandia
Memory of Rekazhenvolash
Imperial Nalydian Military Assessment | Factbook
"Yeah I don't understand how that isn't just nonsensical tripe dressed up with large words."
"We'd become like galaxy killers by the end of it, each alliance far too powerful to win but too proud to give up."
"No, that's not science. None of that was science. "

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Wed May 01, 2019 4:47 pm

That evening, the Science Federation contingent stayed late. There was something about settling in that always seemed to take more time than had been allotted.

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Wed May 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Hobbeebian Delegation has rotated- Eborians are seen replacing previous human delegates.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Fri May 10, 2019 7:48 am

The SF n F Delegation sent a report back to Burea.

The GESO executive did not have the authority to issue orders affecting member governments' military or financial expenditures. These required a council vote. Before the Federation Delegation engaged in anything that could get them into trouble, however, it was necessary to inform the lead government.

So that was what they were doing.

SF n F
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SF n F » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:19 pm

bump

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 pm

The founder of the thread has CTE'd and is not coming back, and this was happily decomposing in its grave for near a year.

Zombie deanimated.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents