NATION

PASSWORD

A War of Aggression against Imperialist Aggressors.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Lowell Leber
Minister

Founded: Jan 27, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

A War of Aggression against Imperialist Aggressors.

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:11 pm

The Armed Republic of Lowell Leber (AROLL) hereby declares war on the Imperialists of The Kingodm of Mirnect.
IC The Leberite Empire

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 4/2/11

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:51 pm

Our operational plan is to occupy a strategic group of islands off the mainland of Mirnect. Comrades, we plead for the sale or supply of aircraft, especially ground attack and air-superiority fighters!
Last edited by Lowell Leber on Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC The Leberite Empire

Lowell Leber
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Lowell Leber » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 pm

The Republican invasion fleet has put to sea.
IC The Leberite Empire

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:20 pm

((OoC: Sigh, I'm presuming you actually have a wish to RP, so:

[quote=Excerpt From Guide to II]
> Be descriptive <

This isn’t really as important, but it makes the thread a whole lot better. The more description you put into it, the more interesting it is to read and the more you will enjoy the role-play on the whole.

===

Q: Um...where is the 'declare war' button?
A: There isn't. War on NationStates is entirely role play, there is no actual game engine that makes war. What is that you may ask? Make believe story telling, plain and simple. NS war can be fought in a few ways, and many NSers have their own style they like to use.

Q: How do I make a military?
A: Simple, but there is no 'create army' button you press. While there is no fixed number as to what size your military can be, generally it is an age old rule of thumb that it remain around .5% to 5% of your population. However you are not obligated to follow this guideline, though most experienced RPers would agree an excessively large military will wreck your economy.

Generally most armies don't have more than a few million men total, including reserves, logistics, medics, ground pounders, etc. This number can depend on how strong your economy is and how big your population is. Simply take your population and divide it by the percentage you want. Remember, a military cannot function soley with infantry. You need mechanics, medics, support, officers, etc. Just like in real life (even though NS is NOT real life).

Q: Ok, I want to go to war! What do I do?
A: Well, first off you have to get a few things down before you rush off to battle. Some things you should think of before you attack another nation are:

* Why are you attacking that nation/alliance/region? What did they do to warrant a strike by your military?
* Is your military capable of fighting large scale, protracted wars?

Good Reasons for War:
1. Attack on your nation/territory
2. Attack on an ally
3. Human rights violations
4. WMD possession
5. Conquest

Bad Reasons for War:
1. His leader insulted mine!
2. I want to rule teh world!!!1111Shift+1
3. He said my mom was fat!))

===

Further:

viewtopic.php?p=435202#p435202
viewtopic.php?p=435858#p435858
viewtopic.php?p=435901#p435901[/quote]

For some reading on how things are (Attempted/hoped to be) done here. Please read them. If you have any questions ask someone. Thank you!))
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

Clamparapa
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Clamparapa » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:22 pm

ATTN: Lowell Leber
SUB: Aircraft investment

Our nation is pleased in your assault on foreign aggressors so we are sending you some of the most advanced planes we could find on such short notice. Please accept our contribution of 35 Sopwith Camels complete with machine gunners and bombs into your arsenal. We will be happy to accept any spoils you earn from your attacks.

Highest Regards,

Clamparapan Supreme Council

Return to International Incidents