NATION

PASSWORD

The Avarice War (Elvarya Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Razonica
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Royal Palace, Haemia, Razonica

Leaders and representatives from far an wide had gathered to share in a feast at the palace. Emperor Siegfred sat at the head of a long, finely polished stone table. Finely engraved wooden chairs were placed around the table, glasses had been polished until they reflected the light of the room. Next to the Emperor stood the new Admiral, Alexander Manfred. Manfred and Siegfred were tall men, in their late forties. The emperor had brown hair and a lean build. The admiral had black hair and broad shoulders. But they both had well kept beards, like most Razonican men. At the head of the table was also the other members of the royal family, Siegfred's wife and his children. His heiress, was actually his first born child, Faenia. In Razonican custom the spouses of the monarch were not the heirs if there was a child born to them. However, the spouse would lead if the monarch died and the heir was younger than 18.

The dinner was being held in the Admiral's honor. His globe anti-terror missions had thwarted countless attacks on international trade routes. He was trusted internationally, but that also meant he had lots of enemies. His promotion had been granted by his latest mission, he stopped a plot to use submarines to muggle chemical weapons into the capitals of several world powers.

The palace was a large marble structure that stood an imposing seven stories tall. The top 3 had been added after the 1930s, when Razonica had an economic boom. The golden dome on the top of those marble floors was added in 1987. Today, rows of guards in formal uniforms lined the entrance to the palace. Each held the standard Razonican service rifle. They were there to protect and great the guests. The guards were dwarfed by several large trees with blooming pink flowers. The trees had been trimmed to look clean and neat. They were part of the elaborate gardens that lined the entire palace.
Last edited by Razonica on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken short cut to meet it.

Vacroaye
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacroaye » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Two months earlier

Two shrouded men scurried through the dark streets of Mythshade in pitch black night. Hiding in dark cloaks, the men approached the dark shrouded bars surrounding Chancellor Julia Victorine's home. The house is a large magnificent home, made almost entirely out of wood, housing the leader of Mithmyr. One man taps the gate twelve times as he is watched by a hidden camera. The gate opens and the men hurry to the doors. The men drop their cloaks to the floor as they are greeted by attendants who take their cloaks and offer them beverages. The men are both Vacroayean, their skin dark brown and hair black as night. One of them, is Emir Billya, a member of the Vacroayean Royal Assembly. The other is Prince Ayyam, the heir to the Vacroayean throne. A woman leads the men down a hallway into large crimson doors where Chancellor Victorine sits waiting. The men sit and after a long silence Prince Ayyam speaks up.

"Good day Chancellor Victorine you have a such an elegant home! I adore Myran architecture and I must say Mithmyr has such a breathtaking landscape, so much nicer than Vacroaye, which is sand for miles and miles"

President Victorine looks at him but does not say a word. After another long awkward silence, Victorine speaks.

"Do not try to flatter me with petty words. Now speak, why are you here."

Emir Billya clears his throat "I believe it has come to mind that trouble is brewing between Vacroaye and Razonica. You see, Razonica has grow mighty and powerful. It has colonies spanning all across Elvarya and we believe it is time for Razonica to be put in it's place."

Victorine stares deep into Billya's eyes until he continues his speech.

"Our plan was to cripple Razonica, but that would be difficult because Razonica is like a lion, strong and powerful, but weak in one spot, the head." Victorine quirks an eyebrow and continues to listen. "When you shoot the head of lion what happens?" Victorine continues to stare at him not responding. Billya clears his throat and continues, "It dies. That is our plan. We will kill Emperor Siegfred, his spouse and all his children except one, his illegitimate child, Ymira. You see Ymira is not considered the heir to the throne unless all of the emperor's children die. If we cripple Razonica the nation will be thrown into chaos with a leader that is incapable to lead an empire. Then we will declare war on Razonica and crush them."

Victorine leaned back in her chair and thought for a moment. "No, we want no part in your war and we have no interests in making enemies with Razonica. That is my final decision, now leave."

Billya simply smiled, "Chancellor Victorine, you did not let me finish. The assassin is someone in Mithmyr that we have already chosen as our candidate. His name is Berko Ade, a Grokoan, he is living here after his wife divorced him. He's broken, he has nothing, but he is a skilled fighter and has escaped countless situations with his agility. In exactly two months from now on this date I'm sure you know of the party for Admiral Manfred who recently put the father of Berko's wife in bars. Berko was willing to do anything to please his wife and I'm sure he would do anything to get her back, even murder. Berko goes in, kills them, then he flees to Groko where we will make it obvious he is there. Groko does not give Razonica Berko, Razonica invades Groko and we declare war on Razonica. In return for aid in the war, we are willing to give any land you invade or capture to you, to use for any means possible and we will lower our oil and arms prices by cutting them in half for fifty years."

Victorine's eyes lit up when she heard this, knowing Vacroaye is Elvarya's largest oil and arms supplier a deal like this is one not to pass down. Victorine looked back at the two men, pondering what she will do.

Victorine finally speaks up and says, "I cannot promise my hand in your plot, but I am not denying any involvement. I will need time to think about this. If you want to speak more I want Sultan Hakim himself here speaking to me."

Billya grins, as he and Prince Ayyam follow attendants out the door.
Last edited by Vacroaye on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 pm

The Royal Palace
Haemia, Razonica

The Admiral's Ball

Secretary Bryant Duran sat quietly at his chair, simply watching as the well dressed men and women of the rooms mingled, drank and celebrated Admiral Alexander Manfred on his new position. All of the wealth and power had been displayed tonight, and it rubbed Bryant the wrong way. Back in Futrellia, their parties were more reserved, with quiet talk, dim lighting, and short dances were the norm. But for the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Bryant was forced to attend, to "Promote friendship and camaraderie between the Federal Republic and the Empire.". So for now, Bryant was at the mercy of his superiors, Razonican dignitaries, and powerful businessmen, as was the norm for him back in Tyderius.

Secretary Bryant Duran kept his head on a swivel, watching as his Federal Security Service agents stood around the room, at various points, far enough from the other security forces for other nations, but close enough to defend Duran should anything happen. A young man wearing a bright red suit, with a square hat approached him, carrying a silver platter with finely polished wine glasses containing in them a bubbling flurry of a dark brown and golden yellow swirling through the cup. It quietly amazed him.

"Would you like a glass, sir?" Said the waiter, lowering the platter so Duran wouldn't have to rise to obtain one.

"Yes, i would. Thank you." Said Duran, grasping the glass with his index, middle and thumb and taking the glass within his other hand and watching the liquid inside. The waiter simply nodded and walked away. He lifted his eyes from the glass and to Admiral Manfred.

He had heard so much of this man. His Anti-terror operations across the globe have become legend among the Futrellian elite, and he knew for a fact that he and the CEO of Tarak Enterprises were good friends, making him nigh untouchable by anyone in the Federal Republic. Aside from that, President Vasquez, while new in office, took a charge beside the Admiral and launched Operation: Widowmaker, effectively wiping out an entire terrorist organization's command structure in the first five minutes of the assault in Northern Futrellia. That's one service he's done for the Federal Republic, the other was stopping that nuclear detonation in Tyderius by submarine, for that, i suppose Duran's life was owed to the Admiral.

A loud laughter disrupted Duran's thoughts and shot him back from daydreaming about the Admiral and his achievements. A vibration within his pocket alerted him and he reached down within his suit jackets inner pocket and pulled out his Smartphone.

"Call from: Darling Wife". He immediately answered the call and held the phone to his ear. "Hello?" Said Duran.

"Hey baby. Finally got Kevyn asleep. How's everything going?" said Julia Duran, the wife of the Secretary.

"Everything's going alright, i suppose. Though, i'd rather be home with you." Said Bryant, quietly.

"I know, babe. Just stick it out a few more hours and you'll be able to. I made Nacho Stroganoff for you, it'll be in the fridge." Said Julia.

"Thank you, love. Oh, hey, i gotta go. I'll call you after this if your still awake, by then. I love you, bye." Said Bryant, hanging up the phone and sliding it back in his pocket.

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:33 pm

The Royal Palace
Haemia, Razonica

Emperor Siegfred rose from the head of the table, leaving his children with his eldest son, Walter. Faenia, the eldest child, and his wife, Apphia, joined him. The Emperor wore a white military uniform, with a green sash over his left shoulder. His buttons were gold, his belt bucket had emeralds in it. Apphia and Faenia wore elaborate gowns with necklaces and earrings of emarlds. Green was the Empire's color. Behind them, the Admiral followed in his dark blue dress uniform.

The four approached Secretary Bryant Duran, the women curtsied, the men offered handshakes. Manfred beamed at the Secretary and said "I thank you for attending my promotion ceremony. I must say that I am surprised- pleasantly surprised, Sieg- that this was made into an international event. Thank you, once again, this was very kind of you." He had called the Emperor, Sieg, a nickname. That proved just how close these men truly were. Fred and Fred they were called in the Academy. Razonica's National Naval Officer's Academy (NNOA) or just the Academy, was the school that many powerful men attended. But it wasn't some idle brotherhood club, they had all serviced. Or in the Institution, the Army's university. The Air Force just had the University. Poor bastards.

Siegfred introduced his family next "Walter, Reio, Vienna...and Ymira." The Emperor hesitated to add his wife's illegitimate child. But, if he had not loved the child, he would not have let her sit with the family, nor would he have mentioned her. It was his wife who was ashamed of the child's existence. Siegfred said "This is my wife, Apphia, and this beautiful young lady is Faenia, my heiress. I am so glad you came to my friend's promotion, sir. Please send my humble regards to your boss, and oh!, tell him 'What medals!" The Emperor chuckled at some inside joke he apparently had with the leader of Futrellia. The others did not join in, except for Manfred, who smiled at some fond memory.

The Emperor said "Is there anything I can do for you to make the party more enjoyable? Perhaps you'd like to hear about some of Fred's (the Admiral's) stories? I would love to chat -and I will if you'd like- but allow me just a moment to greet the Razmanic queen." The Emperor walked briskly to open the door, smiling at the servant who's job he accidentally stole.

To any non-Razonican, this show would be strange. Women in animal furs, war paint, with banging drums entered the palace. At the front of the unit was one woman who wore steel armor with furs draped over her shoulders. Instead of a crown she wore a pair of elk antlers, shortened to be more manageable. Turína shook hands with the Emperor and then snapped her fingers. Her warriors gave a short, wolf-like bark, as the drums banged faster. They were honoring the Admiral. However, when the honored their own, they howled just like wolves. They put on "plays" of past warriors, recited ballads and myths. It was quite interesting. Besides the Queen and Emperor, a woman in a grey suit stood at the ready. Deniva was one if the bodyguards of the Emperor. Siegfrd had let most of his guards enjoy the party. Deniva refused to do so, she took her job very seriously.
A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken short cut to meet it.

Mithmyr
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mithmyr » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Near Haemia, Razonica

Chancellor Victorine drummed her fingers on her desk as her private jet soared through the black night sky. Sitting near her was her newly appointed Razonican ambassador, Berko Ade. Victorine stared silently out the window knowing fair well history was about to be made. Victorine wondered if she made the right choice. What would happen if Berko fails the plan? Mithmyr would be stuck in a war against an empire they couldn't possibly defeat. Still, it was a chance that she took, that would determine the fate of her country, and Razonica itself. Berko flipped through magazine pages when he suddenly turned towards Victorine.

"What made you go through with this plan?" asked Berko

Victorine stared at him surprised "Why, you don't entirely agree with it?" said Victorine

"Well, no it just crossed my mind that, your'e taking a massive risk here one that could determine the fate of Elvarya itself. I mean, did Billya really convince you with the whole expansion gimmick?" responded Berko

Victorine turned towards the window for a moment before responding "I suppose he did. Razonica has expanded greatly throughout the last decade and got me thinking. Mithmyr itself is Razonica's largest food supplier ad made me realize how easily Razonica could invade us. I mean it makes sense. Why pay for the imports from this small puny country when you can easily take it over and supply your empire with food free of charge. We don't exactly have a defense force, only twelve battleships and less than twenty thousand active military personal. Maybe this plan is leading Mithmyr into ruin, maybe it will let Vacroaye rise to power, but this is a risk I've decided to take."

Berko thought for a moment "So you trust Vacroaye more than Razonica?" said Berko

"When it comes to who's most likely to invade me. Yes, I do trust Vacroaye." replied Victorine

The plane intercom suddenly came on "This is your captain speaking we will be landing in Haemia in about five minutes. Please buckle your seat beats and prepare for landing." The jet turned and swiftly landed in Haemia's airport. Berko and Victorine quickly exited and entered a nearby limousine, on route to the Royal Palace. Victorine took a deep breath, as the limo cruised down the streets of Haemia.
Last edited by Mithmyr on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adfrana
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Adfrana » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:39 am

Royal Palace
Haemia, Razonica

Valessa Ortano discussed quietly over matters involving the state of Adfrana with her fellow Ministers at a large gold and white-clothed table near the far left corner of the room. On the middle of the table stood a miniature Adfranan flag made from a stiff cloth. Valessa Ortano was the Ministress of International Affairs, and close friend to Queen Alyssa I. Actually, she was very close to the Queen. They both attended the Colham School for Gifted Minds and graduated top of the class. They attended Walker University and were both players on the University's Volleyball team. To say that Valessa obtained the title of Ministress on her own accord, would be a lie.

Her guests were Minister of Defense Aflred Honzo, Minister of the Interior Malcolm Holloway, and Ministress of the Faith Lyanna Snowbridge.

"Yes, i understand that part, Ministress. But i don't see the point of quarantining the entire town because of one sick patie-" Honzo was cut off by Holloway.

"Because of the fact that if this issue is leaked to the public, it would cause mass panics across-" Holloway was cut off by Ortano.

"Enough, friends. We are here to wish the Admiral good wishes in his affairs. We can discuss this another time, perhaps after the ceremony. Let the AHD deal with the problem until we get back to Adfrana. For now, let's forget the pressing matters and just enjoy ourselves." Said Ministress Ortano.

She was big on letting others deal with problems outside of her Department.

Valessa looked across the room to see the other Representatives from their nations sitting, talking to Razonican officials.

She squinted her eyes to see a Futrellian man speaking with the Admiral, the Admiral and Federal official sharing laughs. She could tell they were close, or from a quick observation. She could be wrong. Her attention was taken from the men to the Razonican guards. Their uniforms were spectacular, and their rifles were polished and shining. It was truly a sight to see the guards, the people, the rooms, this whole Palace. It is a good model for the Upper Class, of which she was proud to be a part of.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:04 am

The Admiral's Ball

The Secretary immediately rose as he saw the Admiral and Emperor approach him, locking eyes with the man. He buttoned up his suit jacket and smoother out the wrinkles of him sitting down for over an hour.

He shook the hands of the men, and quietly bowed gracefully to the women, for he didn't quite know how to address a Woman's curtsy.

"The pleasure is all mine, your grace. Razonica is a true friend of the Federal Republic, and with the Admiral's recent work in stopping terrorism in it's tracks, it would be nothing but disrespectful if we did not attend. I do believe this is a new era of peace that your man has ushered in, and we are glad and proud to be apart of it.

The Secretary listened and watched how the Emperor introduced his children. They were beautiful children.

The Secretary then listened to the Emperor share a small piece of an inside joke with him, involving President Vasquez. He knew some of the joke, about an Razonican war veteran, a Futrellian Coast Guardsman, and a Renovan steel worker walked into a bar. But he did not know much about it after that. The Secretary was just about to speak and hold another conversation when the Emperor put the discussion on hold to greet the Razmanic Queen.

As they walked in, the drums banged loudly across the Palace. The women looked like something out of an mythical roleplaying game. It was both fascinating and a little terrifying to see such women appearing like barbarians, in his opinion. But he simply stood quiet and watched as the women entered with their war drums and their animal furs.
Last edited by Futrellia on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mithmyr
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mithmyr » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Victorine and Berko entered the Palace as Secretary Bryant finished greeting Emperor Siegfred and Admiral Manfred. Victorine became anxious as the Emperor and the Admiral approached them.

Victorine greeted them, introduced her newly appointed ambassador, and quickly took a seat.

The Emperor took note of Victorine's anxiety, which was odd since Victorine was considered a calm and cool headed person.

As Berko began to sit next to Victorine, the Emperor began to greet the Razmanic queen. Victorine was unaware the ceremony had ended when Berko nudged her shoulder, as she had been lost in thoughts of doubt and anxiety.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:52 am

The Admiral's Ball

Secretary Duran watched as the two men entered the palace, as he had been watching everyone who entered, as was his curious custom. These two were different than the others. Not in dress, color, or style, but in mood. The others were happy, joyful, excited, and talkative. These people were nervous, visibly, highly nervous. It concerned him, a little, but not enough to worry him. Instead, he broke watch of them and continued watching the crowds. He turned to see the FSS agents, checking to see if they were still on guard, of which they were.

His eyes darted to the corner of the large room, where the Adfranan reps were visible. They were quiet, though. The Adriveuan reps were still missing, but the night was still young. He knew the Renovans were attending, but was hoping they wouldn't show.

"I cant stand Renovans." Thought the Secretary.

Adriveux
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Adriveux » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Royal Palace
Haemia, Razonica

President Valerie deDreaux, the current figurehead of the Adrivian Social Democratic Party, in 2012, walked into the royal palace as her guards stood near the entrance. She walked through the palace until reaching the Admiral's ballroom. She noticed the leaders of Futrellia, Mithmyr, Razonica, and Adfrana in the ballroom. Who to talk to? She wondered.

She then decided to talk to the reps of Mithmyr, who were sitting with the reps of Razonica. She greeted them with a simple..

"Hello, my name is Valerie deDreaux, and I'm the current president of Adriveux! A pleasure to meet you."

..As she sat down.

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Royal Palace
Haemia, Razonica

Emperor Siegfred smiled warmly, "Ms. Victorine, you shouldn't be nervous, this a party! Relax! Be at ease!" He clapped her on the shoulder gently and guided her to a seat. The children and heiress waved to Victorine and smiled. After all the guests were welcomed, dinner was served. Fine foods and wine flowed in unending supply. Faenia and some other musicians played violins or piano to weave a masterpiece of sound.

After dinner, the Razmanic queen walked out into the courtyard. Her warriors followed her, disappearing into the light rain storm that picked up. Manfred suddenly jumped out of his chair, as if this were some signal. He nudged the Emperor, who also jumped up. Siegfred said to the crowd "Please finish up your dinners, then please bundle up and come out into the courtyard. The show will begin then." The "courtyard" was actually a huge flat plan, which is

The dinner guests were soon out side in the light snow and would be amazed to see a regiment of Razonicans dressed up in uniforms from the 1600-1700s. They had muskets with them, and Manfred and Siegfred lead them, polished swords and pistols in hands. The Emperor addressed the crowd "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to preform a special treat for you all, this is the Battle of New Haemia, once located in Razmanic lands it is now in Razonican territory. We think it is important to remember history, and the rain only adds to this experience.

To start the "battle" a group of ten men walked out into the center of the field alone. It wasn't hard to see in the rain, but the soldiers pretends it was harder to see then it was. Once they got to the center of the field, one man disappeared. Then Razmanic warriors, perfectly hidden in the underbrush, grabbed the men "split their throats" and pulled them down.

The other Razonican soldiers seemed to notice and raised their rifles and spread out. Then, all over the place, women were poping up behind the soldiers, "killing" them one by one. But once Manfred's pistol rang out and the first Razmanic warrior "died", the women scurried off to regroup, disappearing in the bushes. Queen Turína appeared at the other end of the field, without her steel armor though. She screamed in some savage language, one the others seemed to understand.

By this point in time, the Razonicans had lined up and begun to fire across the field. Some of the women fell "dead", the others ducked into cover, chattering like birds in that bizarre language. Then the next line of troops opened fire, it seemed impossible for the Razmans to return fire. The Razmans, however, held up bows with foam arrows (painted to look real) and shoot back, "killing" some Razonican troops. For nearly half an hour the "battle" raged. Both sides where shooting back and forth and the Razmanic warriors finally appeared to be losing. Manfred raised his sword and cheering, Siegfred and the other men cheered too. Manfred charged first and was followed by Siegfred and the Razonican troops. The troops had their guns are their sides, bayonets where affixed to them. The Razmanic women let out a blood chilling wolf howl and charged the Razonica troops.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:45 am

The Admiral's Ball

The Dinner

The foods introduced by the Razonicans were truly some of the best in the world. Exotic plates of raw Vardesi Eels, diced to perfect portions. Ascillan Stag haunches, roasted to a golden brown, smothered with a light gravy and surrounded by roasted potatoes. Each table had been brought a full turkey, golden brown and surrounded with roasted vegetables and plates of perfectly seasoned baked bread. Wines of all varieties and all continents were introduced, including the rare Golvari Yellow Brand. This was truly an event the Razonican government spared no expense on.

Secretary Duran feasted heavily on pieces of the turkey that he had torn off. He invited his FSS agents to enjoy as well, but they kindly declined, focusing on the security of the Secretary, which was heavily unneeded. The Razonican Guard was enough protection for him to be happy with. Not to mention they were present within the Royal Palace, which he assumed was the best secured location in the Empire. But he worried not of the concerns of others and focused only on his plate, which was dwindling with every large bite he took.

The Reenactment

After the eventful dinner, the Emperor invited all to his courtyard to watch his play. As the Secretary arose from his table and tossed his black napkin atop the plate and walked slowly towards the door, buttoning his jacket in the process, the Federal Security Service men scrambled to follow behind, keeping their distance as to not smother the Secretary.

The Secretary was pleasantly surprised to see Razonican soldiers dressed in a different type of uniform, an old uniform, one he only saw in images on the Internet. The uniform reminded him of the caption that was labeled on the photos.

"1654? No, perhaps 1754?" Bryant Duran thought to himself as he took his seat and watched the crowds and enjoyed the vacation away from his usual desk.

The Reenactment had started. The Battle of New Haemia it was called. He knew some of this battle. A fierce fight against the Razonican battalions and the Razmanic tribes. It was bloody, brutal, and very entertaining to watch in Reenactment form.

His eyes danced back and forth as soldier and tribal fought in a dangerous struggle for victory. The battle had come to a point, with soldiers standing by, bayonets fixed and ready for blood.

On the other side, Razmanic warriors growled and screamed as they rushed the front lines towards the Razonican lines.

Time seemed to slow as the charges gained closer and closer ever towards each other.

Vacroaye
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacroaye » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Victorine smiled back at Valerie but made no reply as her mouth became dry with fear.

Berko responded "Hello I'm Berko Ade the Razonican ambassador. Forgive Victorine here she's a bit under the weather, but she insisted on going to the party anyways."

Food began to pour on to the tables filled with delicacies from all across Elvarya. While others began feasting on the luxurious foods, Victorine sat with her plate empty. Several servants offered her food, but she denied, for her stomach could not take any food with the anxiety churning inside of it. Berko however, feasted on nearly every dish he could get his hands on, making sure he had tasted every dish, for he knew this could be his last party.

Soon after, the Emperor began to lead his guests outside to witness a reenactment of the Battle of New Haemia. As Manfred and Siegfred began to charge, Berko tapped Victorine's leg twice as she nodded in response. Victorine signaled a nearby servant and requested to be lead to the restroom. As Victorine left, Berko looked over at a nearby Razonican guard, giving him three nods. Berko then excused himself and headed towards the restroom where he escaped through an window, left open. Berko was inside the courtyard as he sneaked through the underbrush near the battle reenactment, as he grabbed a Razonican uniform and a musket. However this was not a musket, but a rifle with twenty shots loaded, meant to kill the guests of the party. Berko swiftly dressed in his uniform and joined the charge as he ran up to Manfred and Siegfred. Berko was quick, as he stabbed Manfred in the back causing him a scream a shriek of pain. The blade of his "musket" was coated in poison, so that if Manfred were to survive the attack he would die of the poison. Siegfred did not have the time to react as he was quickly shot in the chest. Then, Berko turned to the guests, who had thought this had all been part of the reenactment but soon realized it was not, as Berko aimed his gun at Faenia's head. However before he could shoot, Deniva, the Emperor's bodyguard, quickly pulled out her pistol and shot Berko in the chest. Berko straggled, but simply aimed his gun at Deniva and shot her instead. Deniva quickly fell as Berko aimed his shaking arms at Faenia shooting her in the chest before Berko himself collapsed and dropped his rifle.
Last edited by Vacroaye on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:39 am

Palace

Deniva screamed as the bullet ripped into her shoulder. Deniva saw Berko shot the heiress in the chest and charged the assassin. Deniva had dropped her gun but jumped on Berko like a Razmanic warrior. She beat Berko's face with her fists, savagely clawing at his eyes. Queen Turína dragged Deniva off of Berko and hissed "If he's still alive he need him alive." Turína looked at the crowd and said "Everyone please remain calm. The Emperor and the Heiress have been shot, please get the doctors. Admiral Manfred also needs medic-" Before the queen could finish a bullet ripped into her leg.

A Razonican guard had turned on the group. He began firing into the crowd of guests, shooting just to shoot. Three guards jumped on top off him, wasting no time in blowing his brains out. The guards all then pointed their guns at each other, demanding badge numbers, high school graduated from, places of origin, hospital born in, anything that a non-Razonican would hesitate to answer. One of the Royal Advisers demanded all the guards to lower their weapons, which they did. Someone helped Manfred stand, only to watch the Admiral collapse and die. The bayonet had cut his heart open.

Apphia had also been hit, she left a trail of blood from her abdominal as she crawled to Faenia. She cradled the wounded girl, who was taken from her grasp by armed medics. The medics also took the Empress too, as they began searching for wounded guests. One medic ran to the Emperor's side, only to find Deniva already on her knees next to him. Deniva was putting pressure on the bullet wound, one that had blown open the Emperor's lung. Deniva was crying silently, demanding the Emperor not to die on her. The Emperor grabbed Deniva's arm and whispered "I cannot stay any longer...my family...my daughter...save them. And yourself...your shoulder...your shoulder." The Emperor died in Deniva's arms, the medic watched helplessly.

As the medics dragged out the wounded, Turína once again stood up, putting pressure on her leg. She shouted to the crowd "Under the Razonican constitution, with the Royal Family wounded, and Prince Walter too young to rule, I am now Empress of Razonica. I am putting this entire city under lock-down, not a single person shall be allowed to leave. You will all be escorted into the bunker below the palace. We will find out who did this, and by the Goddess, Razma and Razonica shall bring the hammer down upon them. For now, everyone remain calm, that is the only way we can promise you your safety." Turína refused to be lead away by the medics, instead she simply dug out the bullet right there and tossed it aside. Then, she allowed the medics to bandage her leg, as she watched the guests be taken into the bunker.
Last edited by Razonica on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vacroaye
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacroaye » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:22 pm

In the meantime while The Royal Palace was thrown into chaos, Chancellor Victorine found herself back on her private jet, heading home, ready for war. Victorine escaped the Palace to make sure she wasn't taken prisoner. While her jet soared through the black night sky, Victorine's eyes began to grow heavy, but before they could shut they were interrupted by a phone call. Victorine quickly picked up the call.

"Hello?" she answered

"Good morning Chancellor Victorine" It was Sultan Hakim, the Sultan of Vacroaye "I hope you enjoyed the party. Razonica does put great efforts to please it's guests. A shame you won't be able to attend another one of course but don't worry, we'll have one in my Palace when we conquer Razonica" he said

"What do you want now? The job is done we don't anything to discuss." Victorine replied

"Well you see, the plan was not executed the way I had wanted. Berko only killed the Admiral and the Emperor, leaving his heiress alive. This is problematic, and it will require a new plan." Hakim cleared his throat "need Mithmyr to join in the war effort to actually defeat Razonica, you see-"

"No. I have done enough. I'm not putting my people in this war. I don't care about your deal. I just want out of this conflict." replied Victorine

"Well Victorine, you are the center of conflict. Right now Razonica thinks Mithmyr sent an assassin to kill their Emperor and overthrow them. Of course they don't the real truth, but we don't have to protect you from a Razonican invasion and all. We could easily let your country be annexed by Razonica." said Hakim

Victorine realized the situation she was in. There was nothing she could do except war, unless she wanted her nation to be devastated.

"Fine. I'll deploy my troops. Just tell me when." she replied

"There's one more thing. Berko was captured in Razonica and now we need someone else to travel to Groko for aid. Just redirect your flight to Groko and prepare for bombings. Don't worry, we have Vacroayean ships near Groko ready to deploy." said Hakim

Hakim hung up, leaving Victorine in a state of perpetual fear for her nation.

"Tell the Captain to change our course to Groko." she said to one of the attendants
Last edited by Vacroaye on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 pm

The Admiral's Demise

The party had continued on as the Reenactment came full circle. Laughs were heard, drinks were spilled in blind happiness. Songs were being sung in the background to a group of riled up Razman maidens.

Then there was nothing of the sort.

The laughs were replaced with screams, groans of shock. Then gunshots.

Secretary Duran sat in pure shock of the sheer volume of the gunshots. He had no idea they were so loud. He never thought they would be so loud. Though, he's never seen a rifle shot before, not even a pistol. His mother was an anti-violence activist, his father was a retired Sergeant in the Federal Army who had seen too much fighting, and outlawed guns in his house or near his neighborhood. Crowds were riled up and people ran screaming. His head bounced right and left. Razonican Guardsmen off in the distance sprinted towards them. Federal Security Service agents had drawn their sidearms, struggling to stay awind of the masses of scared people. One of the FSS agents was even knocked down as they tried to get to the Secretary to quickly remove him from the situation. It did not help them that Duran was in shock as well, and could not move.

He heard several shots but could not pinpoint what was happening. He finally manage to stand.

Then he witnessed a Razonican guard who was in the area of the Reenactment, had risen his rifle and a series of gun wrenching shots were let loose from his gun.

The Secretary felt several punches hit him, though nobody assaulted him. He looked down at his body to see exactly what had struck him.

Blood.

Blood was dripping from two holes within him, one directly over his heart, and another near the center of his chest, where his lungs were present. He began gasping for air, shortly before collapsing.

The only thing he could think about was his little family. His darling wife, his nine month old son, his Vardesi Grey Heeler Ragnar, his beautiful little home in Residential Tyderius. All of it, even the President, whom he remembered shared a drink with him before he left. Grey Bourbon.

"Grey Bourbon.....such a disgusting drink." Said the Secretary before falling lifelessly to the ground.

Finally the FSS Agents managed to reach him, three pointing their weapons towards the chaos of Razonican Guardsmen, screaming orders to them, attempting to gain control. Another was yelling for a medic as he checked his pulse.

"He's got no pulse. We need a medic! Now!" Ordered an Agent.

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Palace

Gautam hardly believed he was going to be need on staff at the party today. The medic had wanted off for the graduation of one of his daughters, but that request was denied. The Palace Human Resources woman made it clear, no one was getting out of the party. Gautam reflected on that woman as he ran towards the courtyard. It had taken some nerve to deny a man the chance to see his daughter graduate, but she had helped saved lives. More medics means more lives saved.

Gautam pushed aside a FSS to bend down and look at Duran. The man was dying fast, he might be dead already Still, Gautam grit his teeth. "Come on, you're not gunna let some holes keep you from getting back home are you? Gautam saw that the man was still, indeed, breathing. Gautam began to put pressure on the man's wounds and ordered help from the other medics not helping anyone else. They allowed the FSS agents to follow them and began to head to a helicopter. They needed to get the man to the hospital fast.

As soon as they touched down, Gautam lead Duran into the emergency room. Surgery began immediately, all that could be done now was to pray, trust in the doctors, and hope Duran was a strong willed man.

Back the the palace, Turína had ordered her warriors to regain control of the situation. Deniva had refused to leave Emperor's children alone. She would not allow anyone anywhere near the children. Turína had ordered Deniva to go to the hospital, and called upon Jaeni, her second-in-command, to take over protection of the children. Deniva coughed "I can't let anyone else but me care for these children. They need men." Turína sighed "I was gazed, you've had a bullet put a hole in you. I am the cousin of these children, I would never harm them." Deniva stood unmoving. Turína laughed "You would be a great Razman." Deniva's legs buckled as she fought to remain awake, blood soaked her bandage. Soon, she collapsed but was caught by Turína, who gave Deniva to a medic.

By now, Razman warriors blocked all the exits to the palace and were leading the guests to the bunker. Jaeni took the children into the bunker as well. Turína returned to Berko, and drew a knife from her belt. It was the tooth of some animal, but it was deadly sharp. "They banned our real weapons...but hey. A tooth is just decoration to them. To me...well...I kill with these." She knelt beside Berko, her elk alters almost poking him. "Let me be blunt, if you don't talk, right now, I'll kill you right here. My tribe doesn't have to obey the same laws the police do. Meaning...I could take however amount of time I want to kill you." Turína stared a Berko with cold, hard, eyes. "So, life of death, scum?"

Vacroaye
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacroaye » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Berko looked at her petrified, and responded "The plot... was Sultan Hakim's plan, to replace Mithmyr's Razonican ambassador with me so that I could eliminate the Emperor and his children." Berko began to cough blood "Then I would've escaped to Groko, and Razonica would invade, escalating to war. It does not matter if Faenia survives or you take over. War is on your hands no matter what..." said Berko before he passed out from his wounds.

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:18 am

Palace

Turína watched Berko pass out from blood loss. She looked at the dying man and wondered if she should bother saving his life. From behind her back, Turína pulled out her phone, which she'd been recording with. She now would be able to show proof of the assassin's intentions. But still, could she trust a dying man's word? In the end, she ordered two of her warriors to see if they could keep him alive. His information was valuable.

The first thing Turína decided was that Razonica would not invade Groko. That's what her enemies wanted. But...if the Empress or Faenia overruled her, she'd have to convince them. The warrior queen looked at her phone and decided to call Sultan Hakim. She went off to look for his phone number among the palace files. When she found it, she called and got the Sultan's secretary.

Turína sweetened her voice "Hello, this is Queen Turína of the Razma Tribe. I'm looking for the Sultan. Yes..yes, very important. Thank you." Turína waited a few moments before the Sultan picked up "Hello?" He said. Turína's voice filled with venom "Sultan Hakim, your assassin has killed my relative, Emperor Siegfred. He also killed Admiral Manfred. Don't deny it, he confessed before his death. I recorded his confession. You were a fool to attack Razonica, to kill the entire Royal Family. I am in command now, and I bet you've seen videos of my warriors training. Razma doesn't need Razonica's approval to go to war, I can declare war right now, with no adviser bullshit. But with Razonica's army too? Tell me, would you like to be boiled, scrambled, or fried? I'll make a feast out of your nation and crave it up as gifts for my generals. If you surrender now...I might spare your life. Good-bye Sultan."

Turína lied about the entire Royal Family being dead. But she wanted them to be safe and if the Sultan thought they were all dead, why would he send more assassins? Turína walked down into the bunker and let out the most inhuman wolf snarl everyone looked at her. "Guests, I have learned from the assassin that he was sent by Sultan Hakim of Vacroaye. I have his confession right here, recorded. You are all welcome to listen."

From the back of the room a boy shouted "I declare war on Vacroaye! I am Prince Walter, I am now the Emperor without my father, and with my mother and sister in the hospital." Turína looked off into the back of the room, where 14 year old Walter was. The boy was red in the face from yelling and from angry. "Mobilize the army and navy! Were going to war." Turína chuckled under her breath "Prince Walter, you are not yet 18 and, therefore, are not able to claim the throne. I am in command currently, but will consider what you have said. I would like to avoid a war, but I will not allow justice to be blocked. Sultan Hakim must stand trial for his crimes!"

Vacroaye
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacroaye » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:29 pm

As Turína hung up the phone Hakim reclined back into his chair pondering his next move. He then pulled his phone back out and called Chancellor Victorine

"The time has come. There is no time to waste, return to Mithmyr and propose war to your Congress. War is among us."

After Hakim hung up, he called forth his secretary "Balcon! Have the people of Vacroaye prepare for a speech this afternoon."

Mithmyr
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mithmyr » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Victorine boarded her jet once again, as she suddenly heard soldiers marching down the streets. Once she was in the air, she saw hundreds of Vacroayean soldiers marching down the streets led by Prince Ayyam to Koko. Victorine pulled out her phone and called Laura Teyna. her vice president.

"Julia! Where have you been! Are you alright the assassination at the Razonican party were you hurt?!" asked Teyna very concerned

"Teyna I need you to listen to me closely." Victorine then explained what happened, the assassination and everything. "I need you to tell this to Congress and explain what happened."

"Bu- but they'll go insane! No one here wants war! Why would you do such a thing like this!" asked Teyna

"I'll explain later. Just tell Congress to prepare for war" said Victorine as she hung up

Teyna began to panic, as she knew Congress would eat her up for proposing this, not to mention that all Congress meetings were publicly live to every one in Mithmyr. Teyna quickly called for an emergency Congress meeting, as Senators and Representatives gathered for this meeting. As all eyes were upon Teyna, who was visibly shaking with anxiety, she began to speak.

"As you all know, Razonica received a devastating blow last night. It was told to me, that the assassin was Berko Ade, our Razonican ambassador." Murmurs were thrown around the room as Teyna continued "And I was also told, that the assassination was a plot by Vacroaye, which was approved by Julia Victorine." People gasped and looked horrified as Teyna cleared her throat. "Before anyone speaks, Victorine said she choose to engage in this because of Razonica's growing power in Elvarya."

"That's insane!" "She's doomed us all! We have no military to defend ourselves against them!" said Senator from all across the room shouting at one another "Please please everyone calm down. I know it seems like suicide but Victorine put extreme amounts of thought into this. Razonica is ever expanding across Elvarya, and Mithmyr is Razonica's greatest crop supplier. Why should Razonica have to pay for crops from a tiny nation like ourselves when they could easily annex us and have crops free of charge. Whether or not you agree with Victorine she has put us in this position and we have to accept it."

For hours on end Senators and representatives raged on and on in debates against this, until finally in the evening it was time to vote.

"Please now vote on the current topic." said Speaker of the House, Adam Kochman

Senators and representatives pressed their buttons and in under five minutes, all votes were cast.

"For the The House of Fulltrúi, we have one hundred for this, and one hundred against this." said Kochman as he read from, his tablet. "And for the Senate..." he paused for a moment "Fifty one votes for this, and forty nine against this."

Victorine herself watched Kochman speak, and did not know how to feel. Was she terrified? Happy? Perhaps both. Victorine jet began to land in Mythshade, as she saw several battleships coming towards Mythshade. She suddenly realized they were Vacroayean, loaded with thousands of soldiers ready to deploy. As Victorine disembarked from her jet, she was met with Admiral Klemeth, the second in command for Mithmyr's armed forces.

"Good afternoon Chancellor" said Klemeth saluting her "I have already put out draft laws and we are expecting one hundred thousand soldiers. Do you want to greet the Vacroayean ships?"

"Yes I would." responded Victorine as she took her private car to Mythshade's docks. The Vacroayean ships began to dock as Victorine realized that she may have brought her country's doom to it.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:31 pm

A Nation's Scorn

Tyderius, Futrellia

President Vasquez walked through the corridors of Federal Hall, the seat of the Federal government, a quickened pace, with an obvious angered look of him. Two secretaries followed close behind.

Vice President Mitherson appeared from one of the many doorways and matched his speed with the President's.

"Have you heard?" Asked Vice President Mitherson, a worrisome look upon his worn and tired face.

"About twenty minutes ago. He's on a copter heading for a Razonican hospital. They don't think he's going to make it, and from what i've heard of his wounds, i don't believe so either." Said the President.

"What should we do, Mister President?" Asked Mitherson, his hands at his waist, palms up in confusion.

They both stopped, the President looking a bit overwhelmed at the issue.

"If we don't respond to this, we will look like cowards, if we respond too strong, we look begging for war and death." The President sighed. President Vasquez had only been in office three months, and it had been relatively quiet, nothing but minor bills that needed signing. Up until now.

His eyes then opened a little wider, as a sign of an idea.

"We will respond with strength. No warnings, no small task forces, no bureaucracy. The people will call for it, and we must give it to them. Call together the Panel, then i want an Emergency Congressional Meeting today. I have to address the people. And get me in contact with the new Razonican leadership, i want a head on this, now." Ordered the President before walking away.

"Yes, Mister President." Said Mitherson, with a short smirk on his face, before turning and walking the opposite way.

A woman approached the President, but before she could speak, he spoke.

"I want a State of the Republic address set up, right now!" Said the President.

Razonica
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Razonica » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Haemia Hospital,
Intensive Care Ward

Heiress Faenia awoke in extreme pain. A hole had been blow through where her shoulder and chest meet on the right side of her body. The body had come at an angle and been caught in her shoulder blade. This was actually a relief to the doctors, her chest would heal, as would her arm. But if the bullet was straight it would have hit her lung and the girl would have bleed to death.

The Razmanic queen was beside Faenia when she awoke. She relayed the information she'd learned, and told Faenia her mother was in critical condition. Apphia was hit in the intestines by the bullet, saving her was going to be very hard but far from impossible.

The first thing Faenia did was claim power. "Turína, I am 18, by law I am Empress now, correct?" Turína nodded "Yes...yes it would." Faenia said "I want to take out Mithmyr and Vacroaye." Turína shook her head sadly "It's not that simple." The heiress straightened her shoulders "I want those Mithmyrians dead. Here we are, giving them fair trade for their crops and they support the murder of my family? When did we threaten them? We expand across the globe by toppling dictators. We bring freedom and liberty, those Mithmyrians had freedom. They sold it to Vacroaye it seems."

Faenia started to get out of bed but Turína held her down "There is nothing you can do to help right now." the queen said firmly. Faenia sneered "Get a camera crew in here, we still have that channel in Mithmyr right?" Turína feared Faenia's intent, but knew Faenia was the leader...unless she could get a doctor to declare her emotionally unstable. That might work.

Faenia stayed in her bed, but made sure the bandages she was in were clearly visible. Let's see them react to a wounded teenage girl Faenia thought. Once they were online with the Razonican news channel in Mithmyr, Faenia began to speak:

"Good morning my friends, well...you used to be. You have committed a crime against The Empire of Razonica, leaders of Mithmyr. We were your ally, we bought your crops and paid fairly for each item. Never once did we complain about high prices. But then, you decide to support the murder of my family. You chose to aid Vacroaye. A nation that does not pay as handsomely as we do for your crops. A nation that does not protect you as much as we do. Most importantly, you chose to stab my father in the back, not with your own hand, but being cowards and hiding behind Vacroaye."

"People of Mithmyr, your government allowed the murders of Emperor Siegfred and Admiral Alexander Manfred! My father invited your leader into his home to share a meal with him and she had knowledge of a plot to murder him. Do you believe in the murder of innocents? Do you believe in the destruction of families? Do you hate how your government lies to you? Then demand that these war lusting politicians obey you! You are their masters, People of Mithmyr! They want to watch you die, watch your blood soak the land. They want you to murder your friends! What can they gain from this war? What would Razonica even need to go to war for? We trade with you and have what we need. It is your government, your leaders, are declaring war on Razonica to support their own agendas. Do not trust them, they are murders. But...do what you believe in your hearts to be best.

The speech ended when Faenia looked away from the camera. Turína was stunned "Heiress...that was wonderful!" Faenia looked back at the queen, tears rolling down her face. "It's not fair. They're...they're inhuman!" An aid entered the room looking for Turína " Some man from Futrellia, Mr. Mitherson, wants to talk to-" Faenia said "Give me that phone. It is for the leader of Razonica, which I am." Faenia's eyes seemed to dry by magic. The phone was given to the heiress, after Turína gestured it was okay.

Faenia spoke into the phone "Hello? This is Heiress Faenia, who is calling and what is your intention?"

Vacroaye
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacroaye » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Sultan Hakim walked down his glorious palace halls as thousands of Vacroayeans chanted his name outside his palace walls. Finally Hakim had come out, where the crowd cheered for him, brainwashed nevertheless. Hakim put up his hand, and the crowd immediately fell silent. Cameras watched him , broadcasting to all of Elvarya, as he cleared his throat and prepared to speak.

"My people the time has come. For too long has Razonica been a world power. For too long have they expanded and oppressed us! For now it is time! Time for war against these heathens!" the crowd cheered and cried as they heard this before silencing when his hand rose "The ground that Razonica lies on shall be painted in their blood! Their buildings will burn! Their crops will yield no harvest and we will bring down Razonica once and for all!" exclaimed Sultan Hakim as the crowd went into a literal frenzy screaming at the top of their lungs as Hakim walked back into his palace.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Postby Futrellia » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:46 pm

Futrellia's Response

Vice President's Office

A voice finally responded on the other end of the line, which sounded like Faenia's voice.

"Hello? This is Heiress Faenia, who is calling and what is your intention?" Said the voice.

It caught Mitherson by surprise. A Razonican official answered the phone, and had no idea who it was. You would think they might have caller ID.

"Yes, Heiress Faenia? This is Vice President Mitherson of the Federal Republic of Futrellia. How are you feeling? I am calling on behalf of President Vasquez to address the situation of the shooting and the current state of Elvarya. I just want you to know that Futrellia is with you on this issue. We already have an Emergency Congressional Session in progress to determine war or not. On the other side, the entire 1st Fleet is mobilizing and awaiting orders. We have your backs, Misses Faenia.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents