NATION

PASSWORD

Tides of Humanity [MT|semi-open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Tides of Humanity [MT|semi-open]

Postby The IASM » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:03 am

The following story may contain scenes of implied adult situations. Reader discretion is advised.

The Wuwukeng
Liangqiao
Zhaoze
Akai

ZHI-HUA

Noise. The city of Liangqiao for all its flaws was never so quiet, always alive. There was a certain poverty to this ancient place, its walls standing above the new and decaying tower blocks which dominated it. One could see this place - old and bare, without cohesion. It was a chaotic place, where men and children fought like beasts, among their hungry hides. The streets were filthy and decayed the further you went out into its vast and endless sprawl. And then this pale horse rode over the city, in its wake a black cloud which gave poison to all those underneath it.

Yet there was not all misery in this settlement, but history as well. Behind those walls was an older city, one far older than the nation which it was in. It was ancient as it was excessive, covered in gaudy gold monuments to lost glory. Old rulers of dead kingdoms and empires looked on their old home with stone eyes situated on tall obelisks. Pyramids and ziggurats dominated the sky; monuments to the misery of those who made them, now long dead.

This was Liangqiao, the city of Clan Ibhu - one of the oldest names to survive in this nation. It was said that there were five great clans who have been survived for ten thousand years: Clan Haituohua of Laozhen, Clan Cangbai of Baishan mountains, Clan Woerjin of Nueshan, Clan Baermali of Antia and the rumoured to be the oldest of them all Clan Ibhu. Their name looks foreign to most Akai, as is their city. It’s ancient designs survived through them as well as their queer looks. It was said that the Clan predated that of the Lazin’s by millennia, predating perhaps even Akai itself. Each one of them looked bizarre with freakish narrow head with flat noses and sulken almost white eyes. Records told of the demon kings who ruled over the realm of the jungles. Their spawn brought ruin to the Xuanese potentates and their god-kings before they were unified under the First Ditorate of the Yaohaung. Ditor Akai Shi-Yaohuang as he is now known was the man who brought Akai its first taste of unity. He was a regarded as a general without peer by his contemporaries, managing to create a dynasty which would last centuries after his death. His main legacy however was being the codifier of Akai’s culture, without him it’s nature would be very different indeed. From him, the thousand sects of Omahiji emerged, and from them the Lazins created Baiqiang and Dawei Christianity. This society's values of self sacrifice, discipline and ruthlessness were first recognisable in this man and his coordinated brutality.

And what was this all for? The man Zhi-Hua thought as he walked among the streets with a pained expression hidden underneath his military half-mask. He wore a cracking leather trench coat, aged and starting to wear given its age. It was first made in the aftermath of the Guizitong in 1984, when he was made an officer “for valiant service against anti-cultural forces.” That’s what the regime then called, unleashing D232 on child soldiers in the jungles of Zhaoze. It’s what they called the massacre of families in Yaosai. And its was they certainly called obeying Jieke. Akai was a guilty nation to him and one which, needed punishment. Yet he was a culprit in these horrors as much as anyone else then was. He could always recall that image, the one that haunted him so. Children with dead eyes, rotting before him.

His past stood there as a monument to the sins of the nation while the present faded away as a blur. What he knew now as that he job to do. He walked down the filthy streets of Liangqiao with disgust as he saw its people impoverished once more. Children with flesh thin enough to see their bones underneath, feasting of a rat hanging above a crude fire hanging outside of a particularly seedy establishment.

The boy’s loins was a particularly curious type of business which provided many things for the degenerates that loved this city of vice. Everyone from SIA officers to the Heizu clans invariably appeared down here if they worked in this region. Here one could find the finest debauchery in the city - narcotics from the jungles, vices of all descriptions, and the exploitation of the flesh was the norm there. Zhi-Hua was more than aware of a murder involving all three of those things involving a feud between two Yemanrai officers who wanted the other dead in the most creative way possible. Needless to say, there was this Tezhentuan or Geluxu colonel - who came in once searching for another colonel of his rank. The rest was fuzzy but it was an entertaining night for sure although a morbid one. Who owned this place was a certain ex-OS officer known as only Xinli. Zhi-Hua has some suspicions for who he might be, there were once rumours of a soldier who earned a reputation for murdering commanding officers in their sleep.

There were many monsters in this place, yet Zhi-Hua walked into it with a certain boldness and inside there was this nightclub feel to the place. Music was a mixture of house, synth and rock which pounded with a certain dated passion. Smoke hung in the air like a pale spectre, although from the sweet tastes of some clouds, the old officer was certain that it wasn’t just tobacco. There were buxom women, young girls and feminine boys dancing for men and women of varying statuses with some receiving more attention than others. They watched sword fights between young competitors and cold veterans, attracting large crowds of OND conscripts by the looks of it. Most of the OND outside of the Geluxu now days was infamously corrupt and self serving yet it was all for their own agenda.

At a table sat a man who seemed distinctly out of place with his clothing, reminding Zhi-Hua of pictures he saw of the excessively ornate attire of the renaissance elites yet it still bore a sense of practically. The man who wore it also wore a half-mask of an odd shape, one almost fishlike in its dispassionate appearance. The officer in Zhi-Hua could tell that this was a noble of Akai, a youthful one. His flesh was youthful and his taste in clothing was distinctively modern. The mask gave away he was an Ibhu - who he was from that large family remained the question.

“And here comes the gift from the divine lord Katu,” he loudly declared with his voice which rubbed him almost like sandpaper on metal. It was quite simply unpleasant: “It seems you are just the type I need.”

“Who do you need exactly, Lord Ibhu,” Zhi-Hua replied as he retracted a seat from his patron’s table. He swept from cigarette ashes from the red spherical seat and noticed a bottle of whiskey, seemingly written in a language he did not understand nor did he care to understand. He poured himself a cup, he took note of the two guards observing him carefully. Each carried a submachine gun of some kind at their side and presumably were trained enough to know how to use them, something he himself kept in mind. “I have a vague idea that it is some kind of mercenary role?”

“Observant, huh? Anyway you would be most correct, Commandant, one in Haidao,” the lbhu lordling began as he drank some wine of his. “I want you to lead them, or in particular a group of them in seizing an oil tanker in the region.”

“What’s the pay,” Zhi-Hua inquired rather rapidly. Most things were not his time he often felt, especially when he could just join up Waidiyi or Zhongluo knowing his experience. He on paper looked like the exemplar of a soldier given his rank although he always suspected his means of departure from the forces would be a detriment there. Combined with his utter loathing for them both, left him as an independent contractor of sorts. “If you want me for a job which looks down right suicidal, I need to be getting a good pay for in it return.”

“Of course Commandant. I am able to offer your clan, family and yourself enough money to fund anything you so desire. You would be the richest ‘independent contractor’ in Akai, worth around 123,450,000 Lazins in that sense. Clan Ibhu certainly has that wealth available.”

“Interesting, so it is a small percentage of it for what purpose,” inquired the old soldier as he took another sip of the whisky, being careful not to drink enough to dull his senses too much but enough to drown out the annoyance before him. “That and what sort of assistance should we… I be expecting?”

“Lining our vaults with gold, of course,” the Ibhu lordling blurted out as he grinned rather manically. “If this happens, we will profit in a way which also you may see develop as well. That and I owe a favour to someone rather important as well.” He mulled his drink as a girl, oddly youthful but unsurprising for an establishment like this. The north of Akai suffered greatly with the generations of orphans left over by the work of warriors, often unable to sustain themselves, the predatory nature of criminals took over and exploited them for a variety of purposes. Zhi-Hua was a man who hated his helpless, the fact that this was allowed to persist, the degeneracy of it all and he could do all but nought to change it. The Ibhu lordling gave the girl a look which the old Commandant found rather unnerving to say the least, it looked strangely violent in its sheer arrogance. Alas, even Molxue was not that unpleasant.

“I’ll take the job, just make sure I have enough awaiting me here. I think I have a purpose for this money of yours,” he spoke as he arose from the table with a displeased look to this face. “And oh, I do want to know my employers name…”

“Call me Yongle Yoxing Ibhu, and if you wish please do excuse me,” he said as he walked off with his guards into a room contrasted with lush colours. Zhi-Hua looked around grimly as his surroundings as he did, and contemplated what brought him down to the levels of these people in the first place. And he realised its answer lay at the bottom of a bottle sometimes.

The sea was awfully black tonight, a vision of an abyss which hid what lay beneath its fierce waves. Strong winds howled and battered the commandant’s vessel as it rocked in the waves. AS it turns out any reinforcements in the air were exceptionally unlikely tonight given the weather being extremely violent. However he had surprisingly had all he needed among the pirates.

They were surprisingly resourceful in terms of their equipment, for example the vessel that Zhi-Hua was using himself was a testament to his. It was a narco-submarine around twenty meters in length, powered by a battery which seemingly fumed constantly as it propelled itself through the waters. Inside its thick walls were around twenty men of mostly a dark complexion carrying Qi ATM-74s as old as them. Zhi-Hua was quite certain more than a few of these people were children or had fought when young. He knew those eyes, the emptiness that lay behind them, he often saw them too often for his liking. Their copper skin was covered in a variety of scars from a varying amount of blades. They had forgone the usual full body coverings here as a rejection of Clan Lazin’s ‘culturally oppressive obsession’ with the topic.

Zhi-Hua had around a good hundred under his command, whether they would be particularly effective that was his main concern. He was going to attempt the seizure of an oil tanker, something only really possible due to the fact that his subs could evade Waidiyi’s rather vicious Phantom gunships. As soon as they are alerted to his presence however, there was the ever presence chance that he may or may not be completely and utterly devastated by their firepower. Combined with the veterans they employ to serve in their ranks which these The only real defences against this would have been the combination of old MANPADs which he managed to acquire from some friends in the Black Clans who happened to have a few favours among the conscripts.

Zhaoze was a harsh place and one not without its maddening cruelties, and these pirates were one some of them. Zhi-Hua contemplated whether he might have left some of these men without families in the past, given his own service in the region and how he slaughtered entire towns with the assistance of his fellow comrades. Their screams haunted him and he fought it was fitting that he would receive such a punishment from the Outer-lord. The memory of whoever his superiors decided to absolve with death. It’s jungles haunted Akai, hiding every type of monster you could imagine, ranging from Heizu to tribals who would eat your flesh if they got their hands on you.

It’s waters were no harsher than the mainland, perhaps worse but the commandant could not focus on that now, he had to focus on seizing this ship.

And what a huge ship it was, dwarfing his tiny submarine with ease. By several lengths this monstrous leviathan of the seas moved with haste cutting through the waves with an uneasy effort. The ship’s lights made it look almost like the sort of village you might find hidden in the jungles of Zhaoze. He could make out its dim red hull and the green metal surface on top, a garish combination of colours. The text along the side of the ship was seemingly foreign, Latin in its appearance. Is this an Edomite ship?

Then in a particularly precarious maneuver they surfaced right next to the ship and began their attempts at boarding it, arising huge ladders in order to do so. With that Zhi-Hua slid his old Qi-SX7 in a sheath next to his small dao blade; climbing up onboard this demonic beast of the sea with his many men doing the same. It was a perilous feeling, seeing the waves below, matching the speed, the stability of things but thanks to a miracle it worked. He and his men after a few minutes were onboard near the stern. The darkness of the night covered them rather effectively, as they avoided the lights. They dashed across the metal hide of this cruel monster as they did, the more competent rifles kept pointed down with their hands off the trigger while some of the youths were more careless. Why can’t some of these fools know how to handle a rifle. The commandant heard gunfire occur behind him as some of his other men began to storm the bridge. He himself saw a man arming himself with some kind of assault rifle, something which he resolved with a few careful rounds. You’ve still got it he smirked as he watched his foe fall down.

It was not too long until they had successfully overridden the entire ship, and he stood in the bridge looking over its crew. He was soaked with water, it still dripped from his black hair, as he looked down upon the hostages that lay before him. He decided not to speak as he studied them and then his own men, raising his small carbine in hand as he studied his own men. “Let none of these men escape, if they talk to one another beat them into silence, if they resist shoot them. Do not let them talk to you and especially do not…”

“I can understand you, pirate,” one of the men, tied up to the railing along with the rest of his comrades. “You caught us off guard, but don’t expect that you will escape from this.”

“You, you look like an Edomite are you not,” the commandant spoke as he moved his gloved hand to sheaf his weapon. “Your accent sounds like one, and you are clearly not Akai. Would I be correct in stating that this ship is in the hands of the National Petroleum Corporation?”

“Yes, you would be cor…”

“No, you are wrong. This ship is in the hands of the Fair Band in the name of Xiang Bai. At least that is who they serve. I am not a pirate, just a freelancer who happens to be under the current circumstances accompanying some in an act of piracy.” He looked at his own rifle: “This here is not something a mere pirate would be able to get his hands on, neither this uniform. Anyways, I ask you could you please forward a message that I wish to...”

“Sir, we have good news!” a youthful brigand with skin a shade of cooper, clearly out of breath as he sprinted up the stairs. As Zhi-Hua walked over, he noticed something shifting and heaving in the dim light before him.

“What is this,” he questioned sharply, with a curious malice present in his sharp voice. This better be worth my time he thought to himself, as he plotted his way through the situation.

“The other team, they have stumbled across another vessel here, when they investigated it they found out that it was carrying a bunch of people, mostly foreigners it seems.”

A refugee ship… fuck this complicates things the commandant thought to himself as he realised the implication and issue his men had just given him. He could use them as hostages but that could easily backfire if they got desperate or ambitious. And Yongle had told him in another message of his to hand over any spare hostages to the Heizu for their enslavement. Although now he guessed he could raise the stakes of his demands.

“The Edomite who can understand me, what’s your name,” he barked rather viciously.

“Isaiah Tekton, I’m from Pada…”

“I do not want to hear your life story, Isaiah. What I need you for now is to translate a message for me and send it to your parent corporation.” If I send it through them it hopefully will be caught up in the bureaucracy buying me some extra time hopefully.

“That would be possible,” he cowardly remarked as he did. What a meek and weak man, if he continues to help me I will almost certainly kill him after this. No nation deserves such a pathetic example of a man.

“Men, I want to you raid all information this place has, to liberate it of its secrets so we have the upper hand here,” the commandant said over the intercom radio system. He then followed up: “Refugees, I’d highly recommend pacifying yourselves unless you want to get shot, we will kill you if you resist.”

There was an old Akai proverb which Zhi-Hua happened to think about as he reflected on this sudden turn of events. One he felt was ever appropriate for this situation. Curse the man who falls into the same trap once again.

To the National Petroleum Corporation: David Daniels

It has come to my attention that the vessel which this one has boarded is in the possession the the National Petroleum Corporation of New Edom, currently heading to the Enlightened Matriarchy of the Shrailleen Empire.

My masters have commanded me to seize this vessel in the name of the Lord Xiang Xiah Bai, first Count of the seas and the island of Huozhusi in the Haidao island chain. This ship is currents in international waters north of Zhaoze and in particular directly north of the Sutu’s twin straights. We managed to pacify the entire ship and its crew have become our hostages. Isaiah in particular has been a great use in translating this message into a language with you would be able to understand.

To this end, we will like to explain the precariousness of your situation. We are currently in control of a substantial amount of USD and your company's profits currently heading to the Shrailleen Empire. Your entire crew is currently held hostage by a force of many violent and cruel individuals of an unsavory nature from the island chain of Haidao. While I find them unpleasant, I must serve my masters with regards to their vile actions. Your ship has been rigged with plastic explosives which will detonate if any forceful attempts to seize these hostages back from us occurs. Please keep in mind this also will cause a large oil spill of a disastrous scale and whose impact shall be an environmental crisis to ruin your reputation even more.

We should also note that we happened to save a combination of valuable individuals in the form of refugees from South Acheron and Ayaca. They were rather foolishly trying to make it to the Shrailleen Empire in what seemed to be a fishing trawler - with around eight hundred people onboard. They are also our hostages with regards to this situation. They too are under our control and will be killed if our demands are not meet, sacrifices to the gods along with your crew.

We in turn demand that Ditor Hulang I Huieke Lazin of Akai ends the quarantine of the Haidao islands by withdrawing his uncle Prince Yanfeng’s Waidiyi forces from the region. We want him to hopefully learn the harm that his actions have caused for my client's Haidaoese people.

We also demand a sum of 1.5 billion Universal Standard Dollars be given to us in order to ensure the survival of this ship's contents, and a further 125 million in term for lives of all the hostages aboard this vessel. We expect this by a week today.

If our demands are not met, them woe to the bastards who have condemned their own crew to suffer the pains of death. This ship will sink, of the coast of either Akai, the Shrailleen Empire, Ayaca, Ceti or New Edom. Its contents shall burn a mighty flame as the nature of the seas is ruined forever more. We shall make sure every soul that is not on our side will be handed into bondage back in Zhaoze or if they prove to be a nuisance flayed and their skin worn as cloaks. This ship of yours, the Ploiarion can easily be turned into a great failure, we’d advise you not to let you make it so.

We hope this is enough to make you contemplate how to act next. Note force is not a reasonable option here.

Yours truly
Former Commandant Zhi-Hua Zhishang Shang Liu Laoweng Ibhu Aoxing Jieke Li.
Last edited by The IASM on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:28 am

Fineberg, New Edom

"....Former Commandant Zhi-Hua Zhishang Shang Liu Laoweng Ibhu Aoxing Jieke Li. Say that twenty times." muttered Count Lalery.

"This is not a joke," reproved Dr. Aphek.

"We need to find out who the hell he is," said Prince Enoch, firmly, looking at General Ashdod, who nodded.

The Ministry would investigate to make sure that they knew as much as possible about his man, and about his connections and background, and would also demand such information from the Akai government.

"There may be elements of the Akai government in on this," said Lalery with a grimace.

"What do we have in the area?" asked Prince Enoch wearily.

"We have four Divinus class in the area, so we can easily put special ops on board one and move it after the ship," said the King. "But how do we reply to this man? Do we point out that he's a damned fool?"

"What do you mean?" asked Lalery raising his eyebrows.

"Well," said David Daniels, who was sitting in the room with them, "The ship has a nuclear reactor on it."

Everyone fell silent.

Daniels continued. "So it's not just an oil spill, it will be incredibly damaging. Very dangerous indeed."

"Good God," said Lalery. "Why wasn't there better security on it?"

Daniels hesitated. "We're investigating that...."

"You'd damned well better," muttered Lalery.

"No point crying over spilled peas," said the King curtly, waving a hand. "Inform them of this...and forward this message to the Akai embassy"

To the Dead Man, Former Commandant Zhi-Hua Zhishang Shang Liu Laoweng Ibhu Aoxing Jieke Li.

Be advised that a hair on the heads harmed of any of the crew or any damage to the MV Witch of Endor will result in the Haidao islands becoming a charnel house.

We invite you to examine our record. From Arcologia to Dengali, from Ashab to Ghant, in Damoclea, Delvian States and in many part sof the world, the vengeance of our government is known to those who attack us and ours. The only thing you have to gain from this negotiation are your lives: we will permit those who have seized our ship to live and no more. You have exactly thirty minutes to send us a message confirming your surrender of the Witch of Endor.

While we will regret the death and no doubt torment of the crew, the suffering of the Haidao islands will become legendary by comparison. Do not test us on this.

In the Name of the King
Admral Count Barnabas Amalek
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:48 am

Machiko has been renamed to Tingzi and Ditu is the Serene Akai term for Ditor.

The Heibao
Kepabaolei
Yaosai
Akai

HULANG

Why must it be so bloody cold here Hulang thought to himself quietly, as he sat in the back of a particularly poorly isolated armoured car. The landscape was a field of snow and fortifications, some of it older than the rest for sure. This land was as old as Akai, perhaps even older if the legends of the demon kings and princes who supposedly ruled Akai aeons long past, were true. The terrain was as rough as anything Hulang had ever seen, vicious and sharp - unyielding in its brutality. It twisted and turned like a snake, one ready to pounce on its prey. Hulang recalled photos of this place when it was still being fought over only three decades ago. Corpses piled up over the edges of these roads and cliffs, artillery in all its various forms, destorying what remained of a path and turning it into a virtual hell. 1984 was a dark year for Akai and this place was a monument to this. The Heibao - the Blackfort - the dead monument to the dead Clan Raigao. From what he had learned, it was Molxue who using a network of insurgents and moles planted explosives in locations which would have allowed an assault from the south of the city. Needless to say, the Woerjin was brutal in enforcing his father’s will. Nearly all who take up arms were executed after their surrender, flayed alive with crude combat kukris, wielded especially by the Woerjin’s personal forces. But now that is all gone, eradicated off the face of Akai like nearly all traces of the horrors of that war. If anyone came to Akai searching for such evidence of the massacre, they’d find nothing of the sort. Nothing but ashes remain here, beneath the snow.

Kepabaolei now days was a grim place and an especially quiet place, once home the Monk kings of Clan Raigao it had become the Geluxu’s base of operations. Hulang had heard it spoken of by some of the other lords as some kind of ill-born abomination. It’s local population held in a state of borderline worthlessness to be exploited by the Geluxu and Molxue. Disappearances being frequent, and a casual disregard for anyone. However, these were rumours by the gossiping sort. Fools who have no idea of what the truth is or whether to fear it or not. Alas, Hulang, however, wouldn’t be surprised if this were truly the case.

Hulang was with his mother Tingzi who accompanied him on the trip to see his stepfather in what he felt to be some of the coldest mountains on the planet. She was grinning with her characteristic pride evident to those who could see it. He was wearing a fur cloak, one made from the carcas of an albino tiger which was native to these mountains. Thanks to Clan Woerjin’s rather overzealous regulation of the hunting of those particular tigers, it left Hulang with a sense of luxury only matched by his double-breasted uniform and his ornate mask. Tingzi, on the other hand, wore an odd creation, an overcoat which bore neo-renaissance style embroidery all across its hide. A mixture of eyes and flesh dominated it, hinting at her marriage to Molxue. Her mask, on the other hand, was sleek and elegant, making beauty from the Hulang always found him useful yet unpleasant to be around, but he himself was glad to be meeting Jiehong once more hopefully. His step-brother was a loyal man, one who was always beneficial for the Ditor. He sighed, however, recalling Mei and the Woerjin’s insistence upon marrying him to her. He had his own ideas in mind of providing such power. He turned his eyes to his mother, hers violent and maroon, smirking.

“You’ve been quiet for nearly an hour now Hulang,” she inquired with an inquisitive spirit, yet all the more imperious. It cut Hulang as his eyes and face turned to study the she-dragon of Xungong. He could tell she was smirking underneath that grinning mask of hers, her eyes gave that away all too clearly.

“Perhaps it is the fact that I am heading towards quite possibly the most overly suspicious character in the nation’s base of operations? These mountains terrify me, Jieke never told me what is underneath them but something is there…” Then there’s the issue of those children of yours. Threats.

“He is your father now,” she snapped back, leaning over with her hands clenched as she did. “He’s a good man, one who has helped me greatly through these tough times. He’s also the father of your new half-siblings.”

Knowing you that’s probably not the case. Hulang’s honesty was bitter as it was cynical, his voice almost serpentine. “I also suspect he wants me to marry his dimwitted daughter of his. She’s a foolish brute, and the last thing we need is another one of those.”

The Dowager Dihei, “She is however politically useful to us. Imagine when the power we would get if we...”

“I am not your puppet Tingz… mother.” He paused for a second, remaining stoic in his movements but calming down his voice as he did. “You will do well if you remember this. Also, the Woerjins are already married to you.” He felt a bump in the road as they continued to ascend up the mountain face: “Granting them any more influence will antagonise their many enemies whether they be personal or political. So long as I have his interests at heart, I do not need to be his puppet - he wants power and influence. Give him that, he will be useful to me, will not oppose me but serve me. Anyway, it frees up a card he has for a more strategic marriage.”

“Then who? Some Edomite princess to make you their puppet? Or perhaps that brash lying bitch and her lying whore mother from Ghant? Or maybe your sister abroad for tradition’s sake?” Tingzi’s acidic mood was evident, but the Ditor remained silent for a minute - just staring at her. His eyes were a vessel of quiet displeasure…

How hypocritical of you he thought quietly. “So what do you want then? To let me die alone, without a child? To marry my other sister how many years later? Empower some of my cousins like Aorta, or one of Yanfeng’s bastards? It’s ridiculous when the other options are vastly superior.” He paused a second and picked out some tea and took a sip of it but as he was putting it down another bump occurred, launching it onto his flesh. He felt it sizzling on his skin, but ignored it, cleaning it up with a napkin nearby. “You see, I want to make sure any marriage of mine is productive and will result in multiple gains for myself. Perhaps I might entertain other notions in some feast of some kind but…”

“That’s actually a pretty good idea,” Tingzi interrupted. “A way of at least testing the waters in a way.”

“Precisely.” As the Ditor concluded, the vehicle began to come to a stop, passing through several meters of thick walls of black volcanic stone, misshapen and distorted from the various stresses they’ve experienced. As they entered the courtyard, they saw a rather pleasant sight of a garden of numerous plants, all chosen it seemed for their hardy nature in order to endure this weather. However on the roofs of this vast complex, it was clear to see the various communication systems across the mountain face and the cables carefully installed across the whole installation. It was like this was the seed of a huge tree which reached across the nation. They weaved and pulsed through the very fabric of the ancient structure.

“It is time to make our way,” Tingzi commented as she exited the vehicle, the hands of a masked eunuch guiding her across with various soldiers in black uniforms being present. Geluxu… to be expected. As he exited, however, their faces and masks all touched the earth, kowtowing before the Ditor as soon as their eyes saw him. They proclaimed in unison, their voices merging into a chorus. “Wantiai Hulang!”

At least they put on the appearance of loyalty he thought as he observed then as he followed his mother, entering the building in front of him. Inside it was strangely anachronistic, with it looking more like a CEO’s office with the secretary at the front awaiting them in this oddly clean environment. Aside from Hulang, and Tingzi it was only them present.

The receptionist bowed her head as they entered, and Hulang began to notice a collection of cameras scattered around but hidden none the less. Hulang also noticed that there were blast doors hidden very carefully it seemed between the doors, particularly thick ones capable of resisting almost anything by the looks of it. And this is why I do not trust Molxue, he probably has some kind of gas linked to here just in case. There was an elevator on the opposite side of the room, unassuming and utilitarian as the rest of the castle. And as they both walked towards it, it opened gracefully in time for both to enter.

Such marvellous technology,” Tingzi commented with a flat displeased tone as she entered and Hulang followed her, studying her with his eyes as he did. Molxue’s fortunate that she is useful to him and vice versa; actually make that unfortunate he thought as he stepped into the large machine.

“So where did he precisely say where he would be,” Hulang spoke turning his head to Tingzi her face looking at him but whose eyes seemed lost elsewhere, Hulang was not too sure of. “I have reports that this place’s a lot larger than you might expect it to be.”

Tingzi broke out of her pause for a second, and then returning to her faux-authoritative voice as she did: “He should be near his quarters…”

“I’m in interrogation wing, Don-Ink-Edward on the third floor underground,” a ventilating voice replied, particularly out of breath it sounded.

“Thank you for interrupting me,” Tingzi replied with the sarcasm so typically present in her voice. “Sounds like you're having a busy day.”

“You’re early, your ascendancy, and in all honesty, I was having some trouble. Nothing major but regardless to take your time and I’ll be ready,” he replied with his fierce foreboding form echoing through his quietly furious words.

“No man makes demands of a Ditor, Censor-Marshal. Expect us when we arrive,” Hulang said as he exited the elevator with haste, displeasure radiating from him like a dimmed sun. As Hulang began to read his environment, he came to realise that he felt like he was more in a hospital than a detention centre. There was a wide number of offices, with various military bureaucrats hidden inside of them. They were covered in screens, many seemingly dating to the time when Akai last felt the passion of nuclear fire engulfing the lives of thousands. The stale yellow lights penetrated every section of these halls.

But then behind the heavy hums of the electronic minds,the whirring of the machinery, and the small touches of humanity, there was a distant pain emanating from these halls. He could not quite put his finger on it as he walked down; even when he tried to focused on it, it remained ever distant yet imminent. And as they approached Molxue’s office, there was an ever increasing silence, one which is particularly curious in its grimness. The lights here had a red tint, which became ever more prominent - it was truly the colour of the Woerjins red.

Hulang unimpeded by the ever increasingly unnerving aspects which he noticed and entered the office to see an especially interesting sight awaiting him. His step-father sat at the table awaiting them in what he could only describe as a mixture of an SIGINT command and control room, and a renaissance man’s dream locale. Books ranging from medical studies to psychological texts. Molxue, on the other hand, looked especially calm and composed but his face remained strangely aggressive even when neutral. He looked odd at such a desk, being a giant of a man. His violet eyes were shrouded by a pair of thick and heavy brow; the intensity which emanated from those small pupils was unpleasantly ominous. “Your perfection, it is a pleasure to meet you again although I have a rather unfortunate message to present to yourself.”

“I thought we were here on other business Censor-marshal, involving some of your children,” Hulang asked as offered a seat for his mother, who was removing her mask. He waited patiently as the complex procedure was completed, standing there until she took her seat. Her hair today was still long but kept in three buns at the base of her neck, braided heavily and intensively to facilitate mask wearing. Her smile possessed a coy confidence, her eyes an ecstatic

“Well, that can come afterwards. You should read this,” he said speaking over a slip of paper to the Ditu has he took his own seat.

To the Dead Man, Former Commandant Zhi-Hua Zhishang Shang Liu Laoweng Ibhu Aoxing Jieke Li.

Be advised that a hair on the heads harmed of any of the crew or any damage to the MV Witch of Endor will result in the Haidao islands becoming a charnel house.

We invite you to examine our record. From Arcologia to Dengali, from Ashab to Ghant, in Damoclea, Delvian States and in many parts of the world, the vengeance of our government is known to those who attack us and ours. The only thing you have to gain from this negotiation are your lives: we will permit those who have seized our ship to live and no more. You have exactly thirty minutes to send us a message confirming your surrender of the Witch of Endor.

While we will regret the death and no doubt torment of the crew, the suffering of the Haidao islands will become legendary by comparison. Do not test us on this.

In the Name of the King
Admiral Count Barnabas Amalek

Hulang looked it curiously, “Wait, a ship has been hijacked in Haidao? How the hell did they get past Waidiyi? I am quite certain they were explicitly told to in their contract to ‘prevent pirate excursions’.” He removed his mask to reveal his understated fury at the message, emitting from a wrathful stare. “Making the Haidao islands a charnel house would probably be an improvement but doing so without our permission violates the Treaty of Padan.”

“That is quite true,” Molxue replied after a pause of silence, playing with a bloodied scalpel in his left hand as he sipped his tea with the other. Now what could have he used that for.

“Then why have you raised this up, my dear,” Tingzi spoke in a tone she reserved when she had to put on the appearance of friendliness. Hulang knew it all too well, the kindness and care to him felt detached and was like he was spectating an ape playing with its prey. But this time, her prey was no ordinary beast.

"The name, Zhi-Hua Zhishang Li your perfection and ascendant highness, it is a particularly special name," Molxue said placing down his two distractions and leant forwards. "He was fighting alongside myself when I was still a colonel in the Jinyiwei, we were tasked to neutralise a village. I can't tell you the name of it myself as it was one of many held by the rebels in 1984 you see, and it turned out GUIZI were using it as a base. However as it also later turned out, they had most of it staffed with child soldiers, hundreds of them. And these ones seemed to be especially well trained, and blindly loyal. Poor kids were probably raised for most of their lives in by those bastards. I think it was Qiang who ended up giving me the order to use A-232." The Ditu It was especially unusual for Molxue to curse at all, and yet he did here with his subdued fury feeling all the more vicious as he did. His hand was flexing with

"That's something new to my ears Molxue," Hulang replied, avoiding a particular word in an understated effort of misplaced pride; something he was aware of. "A-232 I mean, I assume it's a weapon, a kind of chemical agent?" Which would explain your preference for them.

"You would be correct, your perfection. He was given the task of using it as a way of reducing our own losses and eventually lead the operation to execute all who remained inside the village. He wasn't exactly cut out for that particular job, and in all honestly it broke him. He never wanted to be promoted and ended up frequently arguing with his superiors after the incident. I remember him being reassigned to Haidao about the time it went to hell, and well he decided to retire then and then. We suspected he suffered a form of post-traumatic stress disorder and at least carried some traitorous sentiments in him."

"And where is did he go from there," Tingzi inquired as she feigned an appearance of interest; her shapely figure was well hidden by her clothes but the body language of it was still legible. She carried a sense of confidence in her movements: her chest protruding, her eyes focused deeply on Molxue. She licked her lips with a sense of exploitative arrogance: "As I imagine that you of all people would have some knowledge of this?"

"You would be correct Tingzi , we know he became a freelance merc in 2001, serving mostly as a bodyguard for low nobles although I have noticed something about him." The Marshal moved a photograph across the table, what it depicted was a seemingly a murder scene by the looks of it, or at least some kind of assassination. He has some ties to the Heizu in the past - then again when you are dealing with people like him who doesn't?" Molxue had a slight bemusement in his voice as he spoke rather sarcastically, clearly enjoying his role here. “Regardless he is most likely a force multiplier with regards to these pirates. His ability to lead would likely be superior to what they would have, this combined with the fact that our intel points to them possessing some smuggled equipment, we may have a thread from them then.”

“Pass this information onto the Edomites then, it’s likely to be useful to them in defeating them,” Hulang asked. “I also want a full investigation into how this happened by the Gongan…”

“The Gongan...”

“Do not interrupt me Molxue,” Hulang countered before pausing once more as he tried to retain control. That damn upstart the Ditor thought to himself although a competent and useful one, it would be wise to keep him on my side. “I am aware of the issues of the Gongan at the moment, their failure to suppress the Tongzhi band was due to their weakness. I in all honestly want to replace them and have their pathetic staff taught a lesson for conspiracy. You Censor-Marshal have proved only diligent in your service and I wish to understand I will reward you when we are rid of such parasites. In particular with Mastery over a particular medium of war; to this end, I propose you are appointed Master of the mind. I assume you know what the implication is?”

“That I’d be in charge of the fourth service branch of the orders of national defence,” the marshal answered with a hungry look in his eyes, one which bemused the Ditor greatly. “The Order of National Intelligence… ONI. Isn’t that Nihonese for some kind of demon?”

“I believe you would be correct, Marshal Molxue,” Hulang said smiling as he continued: “Serve me loyally and I will reward you with whatever you may desire, power, glory, riches not only for you but your descendants.” He studied the photograph once again and then shifted his eyes to his mother who hid something rather unexpected behind that face of hers. It was almost familiar and yet so alien to Hulang but she looked one with pride as she did. It caught him off guard, seeing an unseen emotion leaking through that face of hers: “Anyway you had other business, with me did you not?”

“This is also true, your perfection, I am sure you quite aware of the status of your hand at the moment,” Molxue said changing the topic rather discreetly, moving his flexing hand underneath the table as he did. “Would humbly request that my you may consider daughter Lady Mei may be able to consider your hand.”

“Well, Gong Woerjin…” the Ditor began, contemplating his next few words ever so carefully and its implications. Marriage in Akai was still a political tool, one which could be utilised for both foreign and domestic advantages. Hulang however, he kept his mother's’ marriage in mind with regards to purely political unions. Jieke married for love once and it left him with Lilisi, he married for politics and it left him with me. And the ones I want… have slipped through my fingers like sand. “I have been contemplating a ceremony where one can properly entertain the notions of marriage to the Ditu of Akai; however I am sure you are aware of how important such a union is and how I must wonder how to find someone who is worthy of His Perfection. Therefore I have concluded that it would be wise to at least take some time in considering my hand. I hope you understand?”

The Marshal paused for a second, clearly wondering bout the option presented to him. “That is acceptable. It’s just that I wish for them to have a future which is good for them both, not growing up in the hell which my generation did.”

The Ditu was contemplating his words when the gentle voice of a mother came to speak for him: “And let us see to it that this does not become a reality.” And as the Ditor thought to himself, in silence, he turned to study the other door and noticed a few drops of blood scattered around it. He resigned himself in his mind, thinking: Yes, we shall...

ꡆꡄꡋꡕꡘꡕ
ꡓꡇꡄꡍ ꡓꡇꡕꡕꡔꡇꡈ ꡆꡈꡀꡀꡍꡆ, ꡂꡔꡇꡀꡕ ꡓꡀ ꡇꡀꡕ ꡆꡇꡕ ꡇꡄꡕ'ꡀꡍ, ꡂꡔꡇꡇꡄ ꡔꡇꡈ ꡆꡇꡎꡍꡀꡍ ꡔꡇꡎꡍꡆ ꡂꡔꡇꡇꡕ ꡔꡈꡀꡎ ꡓꡈꡍꡆꡓꡇꡕꡀꡍ ꡘꡎꡈꡀ ꡅꡔꡀꡕ ꡆꡄꡕ ꡍꡈꡍꡀꡍ ꡆꡀ ꡆꡍꡈꡍꡆꡍꡈ

TO: Admiral Count Barnabas Amalek
Topic: The proposed treaty

To the Admiral Count

It has come to our attention that in the last few hours that a vessel known as MV Witch of Endor, which belongs to your National Petroleum Corporation has been hijacked by the savage barbarians who inhabit the island of Haidao. We must express our deep shame and embarrassment for allowing the profligates to escape their sanctuary and subject your people to such a poor fate.

However, we must also look forwards and must be swift and resolute in our retribution. On the behalf of Geluxu Cell 12, we wish to acquire all available information on the ship so we can mount a joint operation to ensure that this ship is seized in a manner which ensures that the safety of Akai from ecological disaster and the safety of the crew. However, we do have our concerns with such actions. We were also able to acquire the message which Zhi-Hua sent, thanks to it lacking any encryption.

Our concerns are at the moment that the ship is currently moving into the oceans seas of the strait of Clan Sutu. The waters there all directly head into the Tempesta and if it were sunk, there would not only be a catastrophic oil leak for Akai which would cripple fishing and trade but also will likely contaminate the Tempesta. To what extent, we are currently modelling however we are unsure of. This is especially concerning with their report that they have rigged the ship with remotely detonated explosives, which would logically be able to do so.

And with regards to the individual who is commanding the operation, he is a former staff member of the Jinyiwei - the military order which preceded the Geluxu. He is a highly trained and experienced individual and an excellent freelance mercenary who is probably responsible for this. Combined with his ties to the Heizu crime families, it is especially likely that the materials they are using are superior to what is being used they the rest of the pirates on the island. It is also highly likely that they used narco submarines to sneak past Waidiyi’s quarantine of the island when the ASW helicopters were not covering that particular area at that time. This is further confirmed by the presence of submarines escorting the MV Witch of Endor, by our own submarines at a depth of 10 meters.

We would advise a joint rescue operation, done in conduct with the Tezhentuan Black Division, in particular, the 7th Airborne Regiment which is located in Liangqiao, the destroyers HPS YCZH-1, HPS YCZH-2 and the Sunte-type SSK HPS XDH-1 are all available.

On the behalf of
His perfection Hulang Huike Jieke Tingzi Jieke Lazin, first to rule, Ditu of Akai, God on Earth, Eternal Guardian of Mankind, Emperor of Emperors, Autocrat of all the Akai, Sovereign of Lazinato, Yaosai, Zhaoze, Keng and Xuan, Avatar and descendent of Kutu and Waishan, Most High Archon of Xungong and Kaizangong, Enlightened prince and protector of Yahashi, Master of the Riyeskonsu, Ta yuan shuai of the Orders of National Defence Master of the Secretariat of Internal Authority, Gothic Lord, Grand Master of the Blessed order, Celestial being, Dæmon-Sovereign, Architect of the future, World-ruler, He who brings order to reality, Son of heaven, Vanquisher of the unfilial, Great Overlord of the Clans, Kehan of Kehan, Lord of Ten Thousand Years, Inheritor of the Six Ditorate Dynasties, Pure of blood, Master of the Colossi, Protector of the Thirteen monoliths, Father of the Akai, Regent of Heaven, heir to the Immortal Ditu Shiyaohaung, heir to Tiao-Li, brother of the sun and moon, the most enlightened guardian of all the Akai.

Censor-Marshal Molxue Qiaoxue Qiaozhi Cangbai Long Woerjin of the Geluxu, Gong of Kepabaolei

Level 13 Maximum-1 encryption

帝土
ꡂꡎꡍꡆ ꡓꡀ ꡆꡀ ꡆꡇꡀꡍꡍꡄꡕ ꡀꡊꡀꡈ ꡆꡀ ꡃꡈꡔꡎꡒ ꡅꡔꡀꡍꡆꡎꡍꡆꡔꡇꡈ
FROM THE OFFICE OF HIS PERFECTION THE DITU OF AKAI

TO: His Imperial Majesty the Emperor of the Great Han
Dynasty, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years, Mortal
Eyes and Hands of the Most Perfect Jade Emperor, the Likeness of the Immortal
Emperor, the Presence of the Divine Will, Most Holy Incarnation of the Divine,
the One Descended from Heaven, Light of the Earth, First Born of All Creation, Guardian
of the Light of Civilisation, the Epitome of Perfection, the Ruler for Time
Immemorial, Observer of the Dynastic Cycle, Holder of the Mandate of Heaven, Celestial
Sovereign of All Creation, Ruler of All Under Heaven, the Monarch of All Civilisation,
Radiant Majesty to All People, Transcendent Sovereign of the Earth, Defender of
the Dynasty, the Sentimental of the Great Seal, Protector of the Han, Possessor
of All Wisdom, Lord of Order and Stability, Realization of Heavenly Peace, Lord
of All Between the Heavenly and Earthly Realms, Annihilator of the Barbarians, Marshall
of the Earth, Admiral of the Seas, the Inheritor of the Guan, Embodiment of the
East, Subjugator of the West, Pacifier of the North, Conqueror of the South,
Khagan of the Earth, Grand Chieftain of the Clans, Lord of the Mountains, Grand
Sage Above All Sects, Vanquisher of the Romans, the Yellow Dragon, the Imperial Deity, Tai An Xu,
Son of the Most Revered Emperor of the Great Path Tai Hong
Topic: A humble proposition

To His Imperial Majesty
His Perfection, the Ditu of the Akai has in all his enlightened majesty recently began his official contemplating the status of his hand with regards to the status of a Dihei. He has been of the age to wed for a considerable amount of time; it’s something which we’d assume you all are y to understand the importance of such incredibly valuable unions.

To allow further mediation with regards to this particular topic, His Perfection has decided that there shall be a feast with regards to this particular topic to be held in the great palaces of Xungong. We hope that one of the inheritors of the legacy of the Guan may be able to witness one of their Great Victories.

We wish to humbly present this information to His Imperial Majesty so that he may be able to if he decides to grace by possibly contemplating an offer of courtship between the Ditor and a member of the Imperial Family. If such a thing would be considered His Perfection, would be immensely appreciative of such an honour, something which could be used to build a more harmonious and prosperous world for both the Divine Empire-Middle Kingdom and the land of Akai.

Yours truly

His perfection Hulang Huike Jieke Tingzi Jieke Lazin, first to rule, Ditu of Akai, God on Earth, Eternal Guardian of Mankind, Emperor of Emperors, Autocrat of all the Akai, Sovereign of Lazinato, Yaosai, Zhaoze, Keng and Xuan, Avatar and descendent of Kutu and Waishan, Most High Archon of Xungong and Kaizangong, Enlightened prince and protector of Yahashi, Master of the Riyeskonsu, Ta yuan shuai of the Orders of National Defence Master of the Secretariat of Internal Authority, Gothic Lord, Grand Master of the Blessed order, Celestial being, Dæmon-Sovereign, Architect of the future, World-ruler, He who brings order to reality, Son of heaven, Vanquisher of the unfilial, Great Overlord of the Clans, Kehan of Kehan, Lord of Ten Thousand Years, Inheritor of the Six Ditorate Dynasties, Pure of blood, Master of the Colossi, Protector of the Thirteen monoliths, Father of the Akai, Regent of Heaven, heir to the Immortal Ditu Shiyaohaung, heir to Tiao-Li, brother of the sun and moon, the most enlightened guardian of all the Akai.

帝土
ꡂꡎꡍꡆ ꡓꡀ ꡆꡀ ꡆꡇꡀꡍꡍꡄꡕ ꡀꡊꡀꡈ ꡆꡀ ꡃꡈꡔꡎꡒ ꡅꡔꡀꡍꡆꡎꡍꡆꡔꡇꡈ
FROM THE OFFICE OF HIS PERFECTION THE DITU OF AKAI

TO: Open to royality and those of high status
Topic:

To whom may come across this
His Perfection, the Ditu of the Akai has in all his enlightened majesty recently began his official contemplating the status of his hand with regards to the status of a Dihei. He has been of the age to wed for a considerable amount of time as His Imperial Majesty is likely to understand the importance of such incredibly valuable unions.

To allow further mediation with regards to this particular topic, His Perfection has decided that there shall be a feast with regards to this particular topic to be held in the great palaces of Xungong. There one may be able to socialise and familiarise yourself with the great wealth and prosperity of Clan Lazin, along with its members.

The evening and night shall begin with an introduction by His Perfection, Ditu Hulang Huike Lazin, and a kowtow shall be performed by his subjects present A feast, a ball and other such events shall be conducted there along with a wide variety of other entertainment for the guests who shall be treated to all fineries of the Ditu can offer. Due to the vast size of Xungong, the Ditu is also offering to provide overnight accommodation to all who may be interested in visiting our enlightened land. It is very much preferred that minimal security is brought into Akai and a limited amount of weaponry to be present on arrival would be appreciated. While swords may be borne, it is extremely inadvisable to take any firearms or other such weapons of a similar capability into the presence of the Ditu of Akai.

We hope that any who may receive this offer may come to appreciate it greatly and enjoy a most wonderful time in our land.

Yours truly

HUN-01

Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller

Hostillia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hostillia » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:30 am

To the Ditor of Akai

Little King,

I apologize that you are receiving a reply written by my lowly hand rather than the perfect script of the Son of Heaven, however, this matter was not sufficient to justify a response from the Living Deity Himself- I am certain you understand. I congratulate you on deciding finally to begin wedding procedures, and I ask the Ancestors that they might guide you to make a choice of bride that is both suiting for a man of your station and also suitable for your national interests. Surely there is no civilization with the same vast history as we Han, and in that expansive history there have been many countless times when a union between two families have fundamentally altered the course of history. We are confident your marriage will likewise alter the projection of your nation, and Ancestors willing, alter it for the better.

We are also very interested to hear that you are intending to host a feast honorable Ditor, may all the region descend upon your banquet, and may many friendships blossom. I am but a low born servant of His Most Divine Majesty, though even I have been afforded the luxury of attending several feasts in my many days. I can only imagine that the feasts held by your grace must far outshine any that I could hope to have experienced. I am certain it will be the envy of all who attend.

I have heard that you, despite your youth, are wise far, far beyond your years. It can only be expected from a man as noble as yourself. I was hoping that you might lower yourself to assist an old peasant man such as myself, who is not well learned or nearly as clever as yourself. I have heard a story some time ago but the meaning of which still alludes me.

There once was a village, a small but content village. In the village there was the whole host of characters one might find in any village- the old wise man, the older woman prone to gossip, the young men who worked hard on the farm, the young girls who helped their mothers sew the clothes and prepare the food, and of course the landlord. Now this landlord was exceptionally radiant in all things. His home was massive and his family had governed the village since before time began. Always the landlord was wise and benevolent, and all the people rightfully worshiped him. Now of course, peasants are not very intelligent people and occasionally they would go through spouts of despising their wonderful landlord and denying that he owned their huts and fields. Of course the landlord was far too benevolent to evict them all or punish them too harshly, and so he waited patiently for them to return.

Now there came a day that a man in the village, the son of a wealthy pig farmer whose father was recently vanished (all presumed he was certainly dead) decided he should marry. It was true that the pig farmer was noble enough, and handsome enough. Indeed, he even had great wealth to his name due to his family’s trading in swine. So, he went out one day and requested all of the eligible ladies in the village to come out to a grand feast he was having to celebrate his status as head of the pig cartel, but also with hopes in his heart of sweeping some young beauty off her feet. When it seemed certain that all the women would come to his celebration he was well satisfied- but then he thought for a moment and realized that the landlord also had daughters. The landlord’s daughters were more beautiful and more brilliant than any could hope to imagine and so he journeyed to the landlord’s home, knocked on his door and asked if his daughters too might attend this celebration.

The landlord was surprised at the offer and amused at its quaintness. The king of the swine had spirit. Alas, the landlord was very confused- did the pig farmer think that he would send his daughters out to be measured against the other girls of the village who were immediately and unquestionably their inferiors? And for what? That the pig farmer may have his lustful choice of all the women?

That was the story as it was related to me wise sir. I was told its moral was that ‘it is improper to cast pearls before pigs or their farmers’ and they told me further that ‘one does not place jade next to granite that they might be measured against one another’. Still, true understanding alludes me.

Word has reached us that you have invited many nobles to your grand feast, specifically with the goal of entertaining many potential suitors. May you be very blessed in your undertaking, and may your feast be bountiful. I have consulted with the Book of Changes and their personal scholars, it appears that the Princesses are both engaged on the date of your feast in question and thus will likely be unable to attend. However, we do not mean to cause you offense, and so if it would please your grace, it may be possible that we could find an alternative representative of Enlightenment to grace your corner of the uncultured world. In fact, it is possible that the Son of Heaven’s cousin, Cao Xionghan, may be able to attend. Perhaps with him you could discuss all manner of things that might please you, Little King.

May Your Ancestors Bless You,
Tu Bei, the Imperial Viceroy
"A book is never a masterpiece: it becomes one. Genius is the talent of a dead man." - Carl Sandburg

The IASM
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:23 am

帝土
ꡃꡈꡔꡎꡒ ꡀꡊꡀꡈ

TO:Tu Bei, the Imperial Viceroy
Topic: A continuation of a humble proposition

To The Honorable Viceroy
His perfection thanks you for your most reasonable and beautiful response to his most humble of messages. And it is unfortunate that this one is unable to decipher the meaning behind this particular parable, its beauty is evident and truly fascinating. One hopes that its meaning may be imparted on both of us so that we can gain mutually from any such developments when it is eventually discovered.

I am reminded of the tale of the Lord and the Traveller myself, one which dates to the chaos which precedes the arrival of the Guan centuries ago. There once was a Clan lord - who had only a few years ago come to succeed his father - who lived in isolation, away from the chaos of war and lived in relative tranquillity. He ruled over his people wisely and while there was the occasional protest there was overall stability, harmony and prosperity. He had a few friends in the outside world but they had not visited in quite some time, with the threat of barbarian bandits haunting the lands outside, defiling and ruining all that their hands laid upon.

One day a traveller from a land far away arrived outside the walls of this man, the was alone but wealthy and civilised clearly by his way of speech and wisdom. The Lord, however, was suspicious of this outsider, he had turned away others in the past for fear they may be barbarian bandits. But with the promise of trust, he allowed in this traveller into his land and home.

The traveller was most filial in his conduct and service to the Lord and served him well during his stay. And when he left, he promised to repay the Lord with whatever he could the next time he arrived. And it was not long when the traveller had returned with supplies and tools needed to make the lord’s radiant once more.

While the tale is certainly beautiful the original meaning has long been lost.

While this one has, unfortunately, made the preparations for the feast and I would be doing a great disservice to all the others whom may also be interested. However, we suspect that Shuike Cao Xionghan would make a suitable envoy of His Imperial Majesty. I, however, would be willing to inform that if His Imperial Majesty this to be the case sought so, His Perfection may be able to present himself for the Son of Heaven to study. Having such a character of high status - a blood relative of the Son of Heaven - would be a great honour and one which shall be most respected. He will be treated to the honours which a prince of the Guan dynasty would have experienced centuries ago, in the land of Akai. We hope that such meetings may result in future prosperity - although one is greatly saddened at the unfortunate timing of this event. If the Son of Heaven saw it fit, we could design his own meeting to have His Perfection for him to study, something which may be organised in more detail if His Imperial Majesty saw it fit.

And His Perfection must thank the Imperial Viceroy, for his kind words and wishes, in turn, the further prosperity of the Han in the future.
Yours truly

His perfection Hulang Huike Jieke Tingzi Jieke Lazin, first to rule, Ditu of Akai, God on Earth, Eternal Guardian of Mankind, Emperor of Emperors, Autocrat of all the Akai, Sovereign of Lazinato, Yaosai, Zhaoze, Keng and Xuan, Avatar and descendent of Kutu and Waishan, Most High Archon of Xungong and Kaizangong, Enlightened prince and protector of Yahashi, Master of the Riyeskonsu, Ta yuan shuai of the Orders of National Defence Master of the Secretariat of Internal Authority, Gothic Lord, Grand Master of the Blessed order, Celestial being, Dæmon-Sovereign, Architect of the future, World-ruler, He who brings order to reality, Son of heaven, Vanquisher of the unfilial, Great Overlord of the Clans, Kehan of Kehans, Lord of Ten Thousand Years, Inheritor of the Six Ditorate Dynasties, Pure of blood, Master of the Colossi, Protector of the Thirteen monoliths, Father of the Akai, Regent of Heaven, heir to the Immortal Ditu Shiyaohaung, heir to Tiao-Li, brother of the sun and moon, the most enlightened guardian of all the Akai.
Last edited by The IASM on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
HUN-01

Hostillia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hostillia » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:32 am

The Xitong Mountains,
Shanan Province, Hostillia

Shanan was one of the least populated provinces in the Empire, and not without good reason. The province, despite being small when compared to the generally huge provinces of the Divine Empire, was terribly diverse- to such an extent that it was a nightmare to conquer, to hold, and to administer since the Han had first formally acquired the territory nearly a thousand years ago. The province was largely mountainous, the tallest ones being located near Shanmei and Shanjiang, the territory in dispute with the Edomites, in these regions the mountains easily climbed to well over six thousand meters- these acted as both a defensive bulwark against the barbarians and a constant headache when the Han attempted to enlighten them. It was, unhelpfully, the centre of the province which was featured the lowest mountains, most of them only stretching to a measly three thousand meters.

While Shanan was on the whole shorter than Shanmei, their neighbouring province which was almost entirely mountains which climbed so high the place had earned the name Land of Snow for its perpetual presence, Shanan was substantially more difficult to develop. While Shanmei was mostly rocky mountains and featured only some pine forests, Shanan was a breeding ground for more animal and plant life than anywhere else in the Empire. And oh how it rained. It would pour and pour and pour for days in the rainy season, enabling the mountains and the valleys below both to sport huge dense forests which invited armies to enter with promises of treasures before decimating them by both beast and sickness.

Truly it was an absolute mystery how any had ever come to dwell in a place to hostile to human civilization, though in fairness the natives were hardly civilized by any measure. The natives told two stories; one day they would tell you that they were the ‘Children of the Mother of the Mountains’ and that they were placed her by their divine mother. Another day they would tell you that they hadn’t always resided here but had originally lived in the more accommodating regions of the Empire before being pushed out by the Han. The contradiction in their genesis stories seemed not to bother them very much.

But even the Han were forced to confess that these people, perhaps more than any others, were masters of survival. When the Han arrived with their armies to forcefully enlighten the populace nearly nine hundred years ago, the natives had retreated into their deep forests and waited for mosquitos and random, terrible floods to do the killing for them. Not to suggest that they didn’t contribute also, ambushing the Imperial Armies with hit and run tactics. Nowhere had been safe- in the forest there were creatures and disease and barbarians in the bushes, and in the mountains there was the cold, the narrow winding paths, and the barbarians in the caves. In Shanmei the Han had successfully mapped the locations of most villages which had a tendency to stand for generations around their stone temples. But the people of Shanan had always been prone to nomadism, moving up and down rivers, or deeper into the forest in times of trouble. The ability to collect rain water meant that they could literally set up a village practically anywhere, and it was not uncommon for a village to simply vanish overnight. The only places that you could consistently count on villages not being were in areas with notably higher risks of flooding, and generally the Han only discovered those after a division was washed away. Not that even those high risk areas were constant.

But eventually, through a combination of nonintrusive government, the offering of real benefits to the populace, and a callous willingness to send thousands of young men to their death, the Han had prevailed and conquered the region. Once conquered Shanan had, thank the Ancestors, mostly stayed that way- rebellion were rare and dissatisfaction was lower than any other province in the Divine Empire, those areas where the Han were not the majority ethnic group. And these days they did not even dare to consider revolting as their cousins in Shanmei were currently attempting and the most compelling reason for their pacifism was directly above their heads.

The helicopter hovered high above the ground, currently over a valley. Though as it approached mountains it was forced to very carefully select its course to avoid a collision, it wasn’t able to just soar over the peaks and instead had to find a path through the various monstrosities. It was a very demanding flight, one that always kept the pilots sharp, but for the rest of the crew, it was mostly just very boring. The faint purple of the mountain was beautiful certainly, and the lush green of the forests below were gorgeous, but you could only have your breath taken away so many times. And these men had made the flight far too regularly to be surprised. Of course the roar of the blades meant that conversation was difficult, and the jolting of the vehicle as it hovered thousands of meters above the ground ensured that they could not read without risking a headache, and so they sat in silence. Fortunately, they were not very far from their destination now, as indicated by the few natives that could be seen in the clearing- this close to the base they didn’t even bat an eye at the bird overhead whereas further out the people would flee from the strange machine. It was the only source of entertainment on the flights out of the province.

Cao peered out of the window, down at the massive operation unfolding beneath the helicopter. Beneath them the beautiful landscape gave way to what appeared to be countless holes, as if some great god had punctured the earth repeatedly. That god’s name was Cao Xionghan. Cao had, practically on will power alone, ploughed into the earth and forced her to yield to him the secret fruits she had so long kept hidden. Aluminium, lead, zinc, tin, copper, nickel- all of it in massive quantity had been pulled from the earth. Fanning out in all directions to make way for the mines were massive machines devoted to tearing down the forest surrounding them to make way for more mines, the trees were of course not being wasted- turned into lumber. Shanan also had many necessary ingredients in countless forms of Han medicine, all of which was collected and sent to Beihe, being gradually sold in the towns the shipment crossed to reach the Great City.

The only problem with the operation, as Cao was poignantly aware, it was a significant pain in the ass to actually move anywhere. The mountains, the forests, the rains all made it a significant struggle to move the product for export. Fortunately, at the moment, he only needed it to reach as far as the Jedorian border, then they could take it on their modern infrastructure to reach a port where it would then be flung across Cornellia. To accomplish this Cao had used the one resource he had available to him- man power. They had diverted a portion of a local river, and now boats ran up and down the narrow stream all day and all night moving the product as far down as possible. Then trucks would take it and move along various narrow dirt roads high in the mountains, eventually reaching Jedoria’s border.

Of course, if Bei Lü delivered on his promise, the Jedorians would be approaching him with railway designs in the next few months, along with talks of loans and investments. Bei was not a pleasant man to work with, but he was shrewd and he made good deals. Both would profit from this transaction. Once the railway was finished, he’d finally be able to move on to scalping some of the great mountains in the area, tearing down the stones that had stood for millions of years. He liked the idea of it. But as yet, without the transport infrastructure, it wasn’t profitable enough. In time. All good things in time. The helicopter made its way to a clearing in between two mines, not far from a where a modest palace had been built on the mountainside overlooking the operation. Workers could be seen now moving from the mines or to the mess hall if it was there time to eat. Not far away the sounds of children laughing could be heard drifting up through the large shanty village that had been erected by the workers, for the workers. It seemed to grow by the day as people heard there was good money involved for those who worked hard.

“Welcome home Sir,” a young man dressed in breathable khaki pants and an equally light shirt almost sandy in colour. The shirt was a button down, but the man only had the lower fourth buttoned, leaving the rest open to expose his chest. He was fit, muscular, and shimmering from sweat. Cao recognized it himself, as soon as he stepped off the helicopter, it was like walking through an ocean of heat, the rain and rivers and lakes serving to make Shanan terribly humid which only served to make the heat of the warmer months all the less unbearable.

“Hello Bu Ce,” Cao responded stepping forward and accepting the bottle of water offered to him, at the bottom it said ‘Shrailleeni Springs’ as the location the water was taken from. Probably just meant a tap facility in Adiron trying to sound exotic, but Cao could already feel himself melting and so he took a long swig from the bottle. Maybe it had once even been cool. “It’s damned hot today,” he responded as he began to move towards his home, despite the complaint there was mirth in his voice, “we haven’t lost any of the workers have we,” he asked with a chuckle.

“You’ve been away too long Sir,” Bu Ce responded, wishing the wind was more frequent, but down in the valley it was a rare gift. “This is the coolest it’s been all week, so no, we haven’t lost any workers… today.” Cao grunted at the comment and muttered that it was almost certainly too hot. “I think that time in Nanbi spoiled you Sir.”

“It was very nice,” he admitted, “the weather and the women,” the men shared a knowing laugh, “speaking of which, arrange to find me a mistress from around here. Preferably Han, but if that’s not an option, a local would suffice…” he paused for a moment. “Any chance you could find one with some meat on her bones by chance? I’m sick of all these petite women, I’m always feel like I’m going to break them. Besides, fat rolls add more options.”

“Of course Sir, I’ll do my best but…”

“There aren’t very many fat women in Hostillia.”

“Precisely Sir.”

“We should put that in a memorial and send it to Shengjing,” Cao laughed, “Your Radiant Majesty, it is imperative that we do more to combat starvation as I would really like to fuck a real big fat bitch,” the two men laughed. “Signed with courtesy your eternal servant Cao Xionghan.”

“That reminds me Sir,” he added, “a letter for you from Shengjing,” Cao snatched the letter out of the man’s hands and held it up to the light to see the seal of the Viceroy stamped across it.

“Very interesting,” he said as he tore the letter open with one tear, letting the envelope fall on the ground and tumble downhill. He began to read the letter- the handwriting wasn’t the Viceroy’s odd that he would have dictated it, very rare for the peasant born man who was very proud to tell the world he was literate. But this was forgotten as he continued to read. A very interesting letter indeed. They entered a truck with only a cloth roof to keep the rain out and the air flow at a maximum and began to seed up the dirt road leading to his mansion. “Driver,” he bellowed over the noise of the engine working tirelessly to pull them up the mountain, “turn around.”

“Eager to see the mines,” Bu Ce asked, “nothing exciting to report, we could wait until the evening cool…” Cao shoved the letter to him roughly, and he took it and read. “Akai?” He asked bewildered, “to negotiate for the hand of the Princess…” he looked at Cao, still terribly confused.

“What? Don’t take me for a good matchmaker? Well, we’ll just see about that.” He said laughing, it was as if having to turn around and get right back on board the helicopter didn’t even bother him. “I’ll probably be gone for some time some time on this assignment, in the meantime, I want you to keep up production- be sure to be listening for any movements from the Jedorians. It would be nice if we were laying down rail when I returned. But most importantly, with this much time to search, I expect a fat chick when I get back.”
"A book is never a masterpiece: it becomes one. Genius is the talent of a dead man." - Carl Sandburg

Return to International Incidents