NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Coup and C6/Jahe War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Great Britian
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Great Britian » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:14 pm

Carpestan wrote:
Keomora wrote:But the moment Jahe enters it will be a declaration of war due to the violation of UGB's sovereignty

I know. I'm quite aware of that. I'm just saying that rather than overt military invasion and aggression at the border front between Jahe and UGB on part of Piet Pondes, the Legion of Dawn orchestrates a secretly planned attack via using fake Carpestani passports. Once that happens, THEN it is a pretext for C6 to go to war and move away from the initial reluctance to act when NW Carpestan was siezed by Piet Pondes forces.

That would work well.
Member of the The Western Isles
Senator Jameson T. Pace in the NSG Senate.

Dechen
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dechen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Keomora wrote:No. Me, Covonant Marines, and To quoc duc are already doing that in Jahe. And here is where I draw the line: your task force gets.intercepted by the Keomoran second fleet and both get destroyed for a pyrric Keomoran victory. In addition you are too far away to even do a D-Day invasion as we can easily cut you off...

That's something we'll have to ask Eutristan about.
This is just a topic of light conversation, but doesn't it seem odd to you that one country's fleet can take down two other countries, one of which is a militaristic society, while the other places significant funding into defense?
I'm just thinking realistically, I have no problem with defeat.
Plus when we get around to the actual war part of the RP I feel it would add a bit to it if Eutristan and I actually had some activity besides loosing a naval battle.

Just a thought.
”Your final wealth is that of honor. Cover a dishonorable man in gold and a begger is still more wealthy.”
-Triumver Elia Noriko

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Dechen wrote:
Keomora wrote:No. Me, Covonant Marines, and To quoc duc are already doing that in Jahe. And here is where I draw the line: your task force gets.intercepted by the Keomoran second fleet and both get destroyed for a pyrric Keomoran victory. In addition you are too far away to even do a D-Day invasion as we can easily cut you off...

This is just a topic of light conversation, but doesn't it seem odd to you that one country's fleet can take down two other countries, one of which is a militaristic society, while the other places significant funding into defense?
Plus when we get around to the actual war part of the RP I feel it would add a bit to it if Eutristan and I actually had some activity besides loosing a naval battle.

Just a thought.

A problem with that assumption is that you.did.not consider.two.important.details, logistics and proximity. For one you are a far away. And two the shils required for.an amphibious invasion at that distance will be a logistical nightmare. In addition you will.be fighting near c6 waters where we can simply get air support from the mainland and have unlimited fuel and supply compared to you who risk running out.
For Peace and Honor.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Dechen wrote:

Just a thought.

To bring that many ships will require civilian oilers which presents very easy targets. In addition our fleet doesn't need to engage your military ships, we can just go for the auxiliary fleet that will face less protection. In addition it will be two fleets that haven't trained together and.have different military strategies which will equate in chaos while a single fleet has the advantage of being a single.cohesive unit.
For Peace and Honor.

Dechen
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dechen » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Keomora wrote:A problem with that assumption is that you.did.not consider.two.important.details, logistics and proximity. For one you are a far away. And two the shils required for.an amphibious invasion at that distance will be a logistical nightmare. In addition you will.be fighting near c6 waters where we can simply get air support from the mainland and have unlimited fuel and supply compared to you who risk running out.

To bring that many ships will require civilian oilers which presents very easy targets. In addition our fleet doesn't need to engage your military ships, we can just go for the auxiliary fleet that will face less protection. In addition it will be two fleets that haven't trained together and.have different military strategies which will equate in chaos while a single fleet has the advantage of being a single.cohesive unit.

The logistic half of that makes sense.
The two different fleets thing wouldn't work, at least to be of any significance.
Eutristan Shares a military base with me in Dechen (I'm working on a news post), his fleet will probably launch from there, giving us at least some time to familiarize selves with how the other fleet opporates.
”Your final wealth is that of honor. Cover a dishonorable man in gold and a begger is still more wealthy.”
-Triumver Elia Noriko

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Dechen wrote:
Keomora wrote:A problem with that assumption is that you.did.not consider.two.important.details, logistics and proximity. For one you are a far away. And two the shils required for.an amphibious invasion at that distance will be a logistical nightmare. In addition you will.be fighting near c6 waters where we can simply get air support from the mainland and have unlimited fuel and supply compared to you who risk running out.

The two different fleets thing wouldn't work, at least to be of any significance.
Eutristan Shares a military base with me in Dechen (I'm working on a news post), his fleet will probably launch from there, giving us at least some time to familiarize selves with how the other fleet opporates.

Considering how sudden your alliance with Jane is? That is godmodding.
Last edited by Keomora on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Peace and Honor.

Eutristan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Eutristan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Keomora wrote:
Dechen wrote:

Considering how sudden your alliance with Jane is? That is godmodding.

And the fact you miraculously allied with seven other nations and all started condemning Jahe isn't?
Eutristan
Proud Chief Justice of The Western Isles
Overview
Bombs and Vehicles
Guns
Royal Air Force
Royal Navy
"By the time you turn your cheek the world is going to have turned around the sun a few more times." -Deace

"He's gonna be North Korea then... worse than North Korea, how fun." -Stordavia

"I agreed with you on to many things so I couldnt stay mad and thats my story" -The Pacific Peace Union

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Keomora Eutristan

I do not consider either of these two to be Godmodding.

C6 was formed quickly, in a moment of perceived crisis. This is quite common and makes since.

With Dechen, we agreed to an already established alliance for RP purposes. This makes since. All of us have centuries worth of history. Keomora, just because you have only been a member for somewhere around a month, it does not mean that your history is only a few months. For example, our histories are linked, much in the time frame before either of us were on. It makes since to me.

I just wanted to establish that both of these are fine, and worthless to argue about.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Okay I will agree to the Eutri-Dechen normandy style invasion. However it will be there that the task force is ambushed by the Keomoran Second fleet and the amphibious soldiers attacked by reserves and Carpestani-To Quoc-Keomoran air wings.
For Peace and Honor.

Eutristan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Eutristan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Keomora wrote:Okay I will agree to the Eutri-Dechen normandy style invasion. However it will be there that the task force is ambushed by the Keomoran Second fleet and the amphibious soldiers attacked by reserves and Carpestani-To Quoc-Keomoran air wings.

Who says I'm doing amphibious invasion? I don't think we should plan the military aspects of this, rather let each nation do what they like, and when the dust settles see how we're going to deal with the wreckage that emerges. That's why I left those two clauses blank in my draft.
Eutristan
Proud Chief Justice of The Western Isles
Overview
Bombs and Vehicles
Guns
Royal Air Force
Royal Navy
"By the time you turn your cheek the world is going to have turned around the sun a few more times." -Deace

"He's gonna be North Korea then... worse than North Korea, how fun." -Stordavia

"I agreed with you on to many things so I couldnt stay mad and thats my story" -The Pacific Peace Union

Dechen
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dechen » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Eutristan wrote:Who says I'm doing amphibious invasion? I don't think we should plan the military aspects of this, rather let each nation do what they like, and when the dust settles then see how we're going to deal with the wreckage that emerges. That's why I left those two clauses blank in my draft.

^YES
^YES
^YESx100000
-Triumver Elia Noriko

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Can it be said that we agree with the ideas set for the coup, and can be flexible in the war or at least discuss it when we get to that point?

Grand Illon
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Illon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:Can it be said that we agree with the ideas set for the coup, and can be flexible in the war or at least discuss it when we get to that point?

I agree. Having everything planned out in the tiniest of details can put restraint in a lot of ways. There should be fluidity in this sort of rp.

United Great Britian
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United Great Britian » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:35 am

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:Can it be said that we agree with the ideas set for the coup, and can be flexible in the war or at least discuss it when we get to that point?

Could we write up a final version before agreeing?
Member of the The Western Isles
Senator Jameson T. Pace in the NSG Senate.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:18 am

Covonant wrote:
Carpestan wrote:
I was thinking of adding a bit of a side story to that. Right now, Carpestan is going through a scenario where our Defense Minister has had to resign over an adultery scandal. The person undergoing hearing from Parliament is a former Lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Omar Liu, who has been accused of nepotistic ties to the president. As time and investigations progress, it will be revealed that not only is Liu corrupt and has nepotistic ties to the President, but that this entire time, our President has been his accomplice in a plan to slowly usurp power in Carpestan, along with several of CSP's leadership (an extended House of Cards scenario, if you will). This will result in Rubinstein's resignation, as well as the resignation of half of our Cabinet (except our Ministers of State, Trade, and Infrastructure).

Widespread feeling of discontent and protest will rock Carpestan as a bitter power struggle filled with propaganda from every which way ensues, resulting in the Acting President's call for a special election (this special election will come around the same time the coup occurs and Pondes having just come into power). Piet Pondes tries to take advantage of Carpestan's disarray and funneling money towards fringe pro-Legion SEP candidates in the northwest so as to expand his sphere of influence and create a Soviet-like bloc. SEP leader Nicole Rodgers is elected president, but the pro-Legion SEP candidates sweep the northwest and very soon there is a huge Jahenian military presence in the northwest of Carpestan. In retaliation, Rodgers launches a military offensive on the northwestern frontier, officially declaring war against Jahe, against the advice of other C6 members.

However, soon Jahe moves stealthily to annex UGB into its sphere of influence, and, in a bold move underestimating the rest of C6, Pondes orders the Legion to invade the UGB and soon C6 is at war with Jahe.

I think it serves as a good parallel story to Grand Illon's suggestion and will fit together quite nicely, but feel free to critique it.

I am feeling this one. It has a flow I think we could work with.

I am thinking this is a good story arc. Yes, I know some thing in it are not final, like UGB's fate has not yet been decided, but we can work with that.

A correction: Pondes leads the Ministry, not simply just a part of it.

Also...

What should happen to Markus and Angela? Eutristan has suggested a suicide bombing, but they escape and leave to Eutristan, while Keomora has suggested that she rescues them in a diplomatic meeting. Thoughts?

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:19 am

Grand Illon wrote:Because of the changes and the rough draft and because we are in diplomacy, I suggest the very first thing that I said to take place.

The length of time from the sanctions are already long enough to affect the country's economy as businessess start to fail and tarde is lowered. To prevent further damage to the Jahenian government, the Emperor and the Royal government of Jahe makes a secret deal with C6, C6 discusses the terms and everyone is happy.

The terms of the secret deal depends on you guys and will be rped, but I suggest the Mutual Disassembling of the nuclear reactors.

Sanctions are lifted and peace ensues in the region (Diplomacy part)

BUT. Piet Pondes is a part of the Ministry of Truth and exposes the government for the secret deal. Take note that the nukes became a symbol of the Jahe's national sovereignty and when the Citizens learned about the secret deal they just lost it. Jahe falls in chaos as riots and uprisings happen. (The details will happen in the rp itself for mor fluidity.)

Thus, The royal family flees the country, a coup begins, more people join the Legion and become radicalized and other stuff.

Any thoughts or reactions? This is just my suggestion so feel free to criticize

Here is the other half of what I am suggesting we go with.
Last edited by Jahe Davmwoem on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:06 am

I want to do that meeting. I have been really hyped for it and it will crush me if I can't do that after all that time spend on the Director's tour. If it does not happen then me intercepting The Baron will have no point
For Peace and Honor.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:19 am

Keomora wrote:I want to do that meeting. I have been really hyped for it and it will crush me if I can't do that after all that time spend on the Director's tour. If it does not happen then me intercepting The Baron will have no point

I agree. The meeting should happen because the steps before it have happened.

The question is will the rescue happen, or will it just be a meeting?

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:44 am

Rescue... makes it more fun
For Peace and Honor.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:53 am

Keomora wrote:Rescue... makes it more fun

Let us see if everyone else agrees to this.

Perhaps you should say why you think you should rescue them rather than someone like Eutristan?

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:55 am

Proximity, the fact that the Imperial couple and Katherine are meeting on the border of Carpestan. The rescue gives Piet Pondes the perfect excuse to take power as it makes the Cornelis look weak.
For Peace and Honor.

Dechen
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dechen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:42 am

Keomora wrote:Proximity, the fact that the Imperial couple and Katherine are meeting on the border of Carpestan. The rescue gives Piet Pondes the perfect excuse to take power as it makes the Cornelis look weak.

I like it.
Dechen, could fight for Piet for a time thinking its what's left of their ally, but after they realize the royal family is still alive and present, and withdraw their troops.
Focusing efforts on protecting the family.
Although previous aggressions making it hard to cooperate.

Does that sound solid?
-Triumver Elia Noriko

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:24 pm

Yeah and it could give Katherine a reason of visiting Dechen (to resolve final tensions)
For Peace and Honor.

Jahe Davmwoem
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jahe Davmwoem » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Dechen wrote:
Keomora wrote:Proximity, the fact that the Imperial couple and Katherine are meeting on the border of Carpestan. The rescue gives Piet Pondes the perfect excuse to take power as it makes the Cornelis look weak.

I like it.
Dechen, could fight for Piet for a time thinking its what's left of their ally, but after they realize the royal family is still alive and present, and withdraw their troops.
Focusing efforts on protecting the family.
Although previous aggressions making it hard to cooperate.

Does that sound solid?

Sure. I don't know who Eutristan supports yet...

Dechen
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dechen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Jahe Davmwoem wrote:Sure. I don't know who Eutristan supports yet...

I certainly won't be flipping sides, just all efforts will be focused on protecting the Royal family from harm instead of pushing back the C6.
As long as Eutristan doesn't make any attacks on the royal family or Dechen he's fine in my book.
-Triumver Elia Noriko

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents