NATION

PASSWORD

Chemical Crisis [APSIA ONLY][OOC][1980's Tech]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Walgreens
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Chemical Crisis [APSIA ONLY][OOC][1980's Tech]

Postby Walgreens » Fri May 27, 2016 3:28 pm

So I decided it was about time we put that map NGU has worked so hard on to use, eh? What better use than the threat global thermonuclear war?

The Prompt:
The micro-nation of Minnesota has been ravaged by war since the fall of a despot, and several rebel groups have attempted to rise to power. The movements were all contained by Minnesotan borders until a few days ago, after a rebel anti-government force originating from Minnesota raided a small town in neighboring Nationalist Gold Union, killing 35. The Nationalist Gold Union's government responded with a chemical weapon strike to the center of one of the rebel-held Minnesotan cities. The strike killed several rebel leaders as well as almost 100 fighters, however almost 3,000 civilians were became victims of collateral damage. This attack led to outrage in Noxtrem, whose government will not stand for this useless murder. Diplomacy has been completely useless, with the Nationalist Gold Union's government denying the attack altogether, regardless of the blatant evidence. Relations have been heating up, and both nations appear to be on the brink of war.

The Map

Alrighty folks here we go! First things first, I'll need each of you who wishes to participate to define the following:

System of Government (I.E. Constitutional Monarchy, Democratic Republic, Federation, etc)
Name and Title of Leader
Population (use population of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference)
Military Manpower (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference)
Military Budget
GDP (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference)
Allied Superpower (pay attention to you location as well as the ally count of both superpowers, I'd like to keep this both reasonable and balanced. If it's completely skewed, I'll be forced to select sides for you.)

Rules
You ARE allowed to be nonaligned, however I would prefer to keep the number of unaligned nations to a minimum.
The superpowers shall not negotiate peace, let's make this a fun one!
No godmodding, of course.
Remember, this is 1980's Technology, keep to the early/mid 1980's.

Note: This does not reflect the actual timeline of APSIA, it is simply for RP purposes.
Last edited by Walgreens on Fri May 27, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now I don't work for the money or the glory. I just work because I like building businesses." - Stefano Pessina, Walgreens CEO

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Conservative & Extremely Nationalist
Arizonan

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Fri May 27, 2016 3:52 pm

I know that I am already on here but...

System of Government (I.E. Constitutional Monarchy, Democratic Republic, Federation, etc): Greatest Republic
Name and Title of Leader: Overseer John Brown
Population (use population of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 70 million
Military Manpower (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 5 million
Military Budget: 5% of my GDP
GDP (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 5.8 trillion credits
Allied Superpower (pay attention to you location as well as the ally count of both superpowers, I'd like to keep this both reasonable and balanced. If it's completely skewed, I'll be forced to select sides for you.): Myself
Pro: Democracy, liberalism, equality, justice
Anti: Tyranny, demagoguery, bigotry

Worris
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Fri May 27, 2016 4:05 pm

I'll be me.
System of Government (I.E. Constitutional Monarchy, Democratic Republic, Federation, etc) Free Federation
Name and Title of Leader: President James Cornald
Population (use population of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference) Roughly 45 million
Military Manpower (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference) 2 million soldiers
Military Budget: 4% of average GDP
GDP (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference) at the time roughly 7 trillion
Allied Superpower (pay attention to you location as well as the ally count of both superpowers, I'd like to keep this both reasonable and balanced. If it's completely skewed, I'll be forced to select sides for you.) NGU as we have been long allies in the story of our two nations
Last edited by Worris on Sat May 28, 2016 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Walgreens
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Fri May 27, 2016 4:22 pm

Both of you are good. I guess I should post, eh?

System of Government: Militant Republic
Name and Title of Leader: President
Population: 27.8M
Military Manpower: 2.2M active/400,000 reserve
Military Budget: 6% of GDP
GDP: 5.3 Trillion USD
Allied Superpower: Noxtrem
"Now I don't work for the money or the glory. I just work because I like building businesses." - Stefano Pessina, Walgreens CEO

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Arizonan

Procuria
Lobbyist

Founded: May 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Procuria » Fri May 27, 2016 4:29 pm

System of Government: Dictatorship
Name and Title of Leader: Field Marshall Lucrecia Santos (I'm not sure if you needed to have one officially, but regardless this is who I'll be naming once I'm able to)
Population: 41.45 Million (Pop of Argentinia)
Military Manpower: 75,000 + 31,240 in Reserve
Military Budget: 128.079 Billion (21% of my budget goes to defence, so this is going off the Argentinian GDP, can adjust for accuracy)
GDP: 609.9 Billion
Allied Superpower: As Procuria hasn't been around long, it likely wouldn't have been in alliance with anybody yet, but most likely would already be attempting with the Applands, the Yqiean Empire, and the Nationalist Gold Union.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die" - Mel Brooks
"In El Salvador, when neighbors were disappeared, tortured or killed, people doubted their own knowledge of the victims, and worried there must have been some secret guilt involved to deserve such punishment! That's how political terror succeeds"- Mimi Kennedy

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Fri May 27, 2016 4:41 pm

System of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Name and Title of Leader: Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher (since this is 1980's Tech)
Population: 64.72 Mil.
Military Manpower: 3.5 Mil. (National Service is instated)
Military Budget: 7% of GDP (which is what I predict if the United Kingdom had a more militarized stance, which I am going with)
GDP: $2.679 trillion
Allied Superpower: Noxtrem

And NGU/Worris, your guys' GDPs seem ridiculously high for the amount of land both of you possess, but that's just my opinion.
PRO: European Union, Russia, Putin, Pan-Slavism, Vince McMahon
ANTI: Ukraine, Poroshenko, Gay Marriage, BLM
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Walgreens
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Fri May 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Rutthenia wrote:And NGU/Worris, your guys' GDPs seem ridiculously high for the amount of land both of you possess, but that's just my opinion.

Rutt and Procuria are both solid. Worris' was a bit high, but NGU seemed fine IMO.

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Arizonan

Procuria
Lobbyist

Founded: May 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Procuria » Fri May 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Walgreens wrote:
Rutthenia wrote:And NGU/Worris, your guys' GDPs seem ridiculously high for the amount of land both of you possess, but that's just my opinion.

Rutt and Procuria are both solid. Worris' was a bit high, but NGU seemed fine IMO.

Everything good with mine? First time trying it
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die" - Mel Brooks
"In El Salvador, when neighbors were disappeared, tortured or killed, people doubted their own knowledge of the victims, and worried there must have been some secret guilt involved to deserve such punishment! That's how political terror succeeds"- Mimi Kennedy

Walgreens
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Fri May 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Procuria wrote:Everything good with mine? First time trying it

Yessir, you're all good.

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Arizonan

Cordelslovakia
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordelslovakia » Fri May 27, 2016 8:29 pm

System of Government: Dictatorship
Leader: Supreme Ruler Cordell I
Population: 10,702,000
Military manpower: 331,750
Military budget: 26% of GDP
GDP: 597.8 Billion Cordells
Aligned Superpower: Foxxy Noxxy

Hendletonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hendletonia » Sat May 28, 2016 5:25 am

System of Government (I.E. Constitutional Monarchy, Democratic Republic, Federation, etc): Democratic Kingdom
Name and Title of Leader: King Henry VII, President Jack M. Barber
Population (use population of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 9.5 million
Military Manpower (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 190,000
Military Budget: 2.5% of GDP
GDP (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 470.4 billion
Allied Superpower (pay attention to you location as well as the ally count of both superpowers, I'd like to keep this both reasonable and balanced. If it's completely skewed, I'll be forced to select sides for you.): Neutral
Last edited by Hendletonia on Tue May 31, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The casual right-wing authoritarian.
--
I don't use NS stats.
--
Check out my factbooks, they're pretty cool.
--
Trump 2016
--
Councillor of APSIA
--
Co-Chairman of the Christian Democratic Party
--
Taxation Is Theft

Worris
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Worris » Sat May 28, 2016 5:54 am

Alrighty I fixed my GDP.

Sietsk
Attaché

Founded: Mar 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sietsk » Sat May 28, 2016 7:27 am

System of Government: Absolute Monarchy
Name and Title of Leader: King Jaan Mihkel
Population: 6,5 million
Military Manpower: 61000
Military Budget: 3% of GDP
GDP : $36.947 billion
Allied Superpower: ???
Last edited by Sietsk on Sat May 28, 2016 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rutthenia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutthenia » Sat May 28, 2016 9:17 am

Walgreens wrote:

Alrighty, I just looked up the GDP of Canada ($1.592 trillion) and took off a few billion because NGU owns half of it and thought it looked a bit iffy, but I could now see it making sense due to him owning New England. Sorry for the trouble!
PRO: European Union, Russia, Putin, Pan-Slavism, Vince McMahon
ANTI: Ukraine, Poroshenko, Gay Marriage, BLM
Teenager, Male, Belarusian-American, Catholic. Backpacker, have been to about 20 countries. I like WWE.
Right-winger. I don't care about your beliefs unless you won't shut up about them.

"Do you know what the cure for the human condition is? Disease. Because that's the only way one could hope for a cure."

Walgreens
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Walgreens » Sat May 28, 2016 9:22 am

Sietsk wrote:Allied Superpower: ???

You'd be allied with Noxtrem, due to your European location.

Everyone else appears pretty solid, good deal!

APSIA Vice President
APSIA Home
Arizonan

Nationalist Gold Union
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Gold Union » Sat May 28, 2016 10:52 am

Rutthenia wrote:
Walgreens wrote:Rutt and Procuria are both solid. Worris' was a bit high, but NGU seemed fine IMO.

Alrighty, I just looked up the GDP of Canada ($1.592 trillion) and took off a few billion because NGU owns half of it and thought it looked a bit iffy, but I could now see it making sense due to him owning New England. Sorry for the trouble!

Also it's safe to consider that in this RP, my nation is a giant world superpower so it's gotta have a well-functioning economy to be that way.
Pro: Democracy, liberalism, equality, justice
Anti: Tyranny, demagoguery, bigotry

Noxtrem
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Noxtrem » Sun May 29, 2016 11:00 am

System of Government: Federal Republic
Name and Title of Leader: Bundeskanzler Karl Carstens
Population: 92 Million
Military Manpower: 71,804 men and 255 aircraft
Military Budget: 7 Percent of my GDP
GDP: 3.724 Trillion (Germany's GDP plus Belgium's)
Allied Superpowers: Cordelslovakia, Rutthenia, Walgreens, and Sietsk
I occasionally do things online

Svallbard
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Svallbard » Sun May 29, 2016 2:52 pm

System of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Name and Title of Leader: Jón Þorláksson, King
Population: 323,000
Military Manpower:
(Iceland only has like 500 people deployed and in reserves for military)
- Availiable Manpower: 144,000

GDP: 0.26% (2015), 45,529,700 USD Budget
Allied Superpower: Whoever needs a friend :)
Political Compass
Economic: 0.13
Social: -0.51

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" -Isaac Asimov

Basphere
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Basphere » Sun May 29, 2016 3:35 pm

NOTICE: I haven't been added to the APSIA map yet, but I have claimed Southern Brazil

System of Government (I.E. Constitutional Monarchy, Democratic Republic, Federation, etc): Constitutional Monarchy
Name and Title of Leader: King Alexander III
Population (use population of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 150 M
Military Manpower (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 330,000
Military Budget: 32 B
GDP (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference): 2.5 T
Allied Superpower (pay attention to you location as well as the ally count of both superpowers, I'd like to keep this both reasonable and balanced. If it's completely skewed, I'll be forced to select sides for you): None
'This above all: to thine own self be true' - William Shakespeare

PROUD MEMBER OF APSIA

The Miltonia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miltonia » Mon May 30, 2016 4:44 pm

system of Government: Left-leaning union of states
Name and Title of Leader: President Martin Gabrieliez ( SInce its the 1980's
Population: 30.239 Million
Military Manpower: 1,840,330 Reserve: 1,050
Military Budget: 10% of GDP
GDP: 829 Billion USD (1,658 Trillion Miltonons. 2 Miltonon's = 1 USD)
Allied Superpower : Noxtrem
Last edited by The Miltonia on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I exist

Oflad
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oflad » Tue May 31, 2016 12:49 pm

System of Government: Democratic Republic
Name and Title of Leader: prime minister Samuel Bosch
Population: 80 million
Military Manpower: 495,000
Military Budget: 2.2%
GDP: $1.665 trillion
Allied Superpower: Noxtrem, because I'm in Europe

The Imperial State HEAD STATE
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Participation

Postby The Imperial State HEAD STATE » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:44 pm

System of Government (I.E. Constitutional Monarchy, Democratic Republic, Federation, etc) Authoritarianism
Name and Title of Leader: Emperor Ludwig Kydoimos and Prince Zofiel Kydoimos
Population (use population of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference) 20 million people
Military Manpower (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference) 4.3 million troops in all, active and reserves.
Military Budget 12 million dollars
GDP (use GDP of countries in which you occupy on the map as reference) 795 billion U.S. dollars
Allied Superpower (pay attention to you location as well as the ally count of both superpowers, I'd like to keep this both reasonable and balanced. If it's completely skewed, I'll be forced to select sides for you.) Worris
Last edited by The Imperial State HEAD STATE on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents