NATION

PASSWORD

An Imperial Match (open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Tharra
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

An Imperial Match (open)

Postby Tharra » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:35 am

From the desk of the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs:

Greetings to all imperial, royal and ducal monarchies!
His Imperial Majesty Emperor Maximilian IX wishes me to announce that his eldest son and heir is seeking a bride for himself. The Emperor has expressed his wishes that she be of one of the many royal families of the world, in the hopes of fostering an alliance between our own nation and that of the bride's.
Those wishing to present candidates please do so. However, please be advised:

By Imperial custom, the prince must wed a bride of equal birth (i.e. the daughter of a royal, imperial, or ducal house).
The lady in question must also be of a good pedigree, with all four grandparents also of royal or noble birth.

The perspective groom is His Majesty Ferdinand Maximilian Josef Albert, by the Grace of God, elected King of the Tharrans, heir to the Holy Roman Empire of Tharra, Archduke and Prince Royal of Burgundy, or simply "Archduke Ferdinand" as he is known.
He is twenty-two years of age, born in the imperial capital at Pavia, in the Hofburg Palace. The archduke is very handsome, with auburn hair and dark eyes, standing around 5'10". He enjoys horseback riding, shooting and football (soccer) in his spare time, and is fluent in Latin, German, French and Italian.

Signed,
His Excellency Charles-Lucien, Count d'Ursel
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs

------
Ferdinand hurled his glass of brandy at the wall of his personal drawing room, watching it shatter against the oak paneling and spill its full contents all about the Turkish carpet. He knew full well the magnitude of this last meeting with his father. The man's words stuck in his mind, along with all the ridiculous and rigid court etiquette that was always imposed upon him when coming into the emperor's presence.

His father had greatly desired that he abandon his 'wild and most immoral lifestyle' as he referred to it, and take a wife for some time now. It sickened him to think of the control and power that the man possessed over him--though he reminded himself that this was only to be expected with any monarch. "Duty." The word stuck in his throat in the most foul of manners.

"He's only attempting to anger you, you know, Ferdinand." Said a low and familiar voice from behind him. Turning, the archduke sighed, then smiled wryly at the beautiful woman before him.

Ferdinand had met the Countess Karoline von Schwarzburg two years prior. A beautiful woman, the daughter of a minor noble family and five years his senior, he had been greatly impressed by this lady in waiting of his mother and had soon enough taken her to bed. Now, as things stood, she was his legal concubine--an arrangement which his father cared little for, though he was even less enthusiastic over the idea of any possible offspring from the union, as they would be legal children of the archduke and have a place in the succession.

"Alas, you're right, as always."

"And anyway, it's not as if any of this really matters. It's simply politics, that's all. You don't have to put me away any more than I have to leave you. Let him arrange a match and get you a wife."

He smiled then, remembering the full weight of the situation. Indeed, what did it matter?
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.38

Winian Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Winian Islands » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Sir, we are willing to send Amelia, Princess Royal, to meet you. She is 19 and is excited to be married and start a family.

Age-19
Likes- a smart, strong, handsome, kind, man
Dislikes- an abusive man
Virgin- yes
Height-5'4 "
Weight-45 kilograms
Enjoys- horseback riding, sewing, reading

Fluent in- English, French, Winian, Thai

Please send me a telegram.

His Majesty King James Edward Thomas Sayi
Last edited by Winian Islands on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Royaume-Winien / ဝင်ယကျွန်းများာနိုင်ငံတော် / The Kingdom of the Winian Islands
Ni peur ni vaincu
Head of State: Her Majesty Queen Amélie Hélène Sayi
Head of Government: His Excellency Prime Minister Thierry Aung Than
Capital City: Naïam
Currency: Winian Franc
Factbook

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:54 pm

The Most Serene Republic would like to offer a candidate for archduchess. Her Imperial Highness, Princess Adera Alcedina of the Imperial Alcedina Dynasty.

The Princess is 22 years old and fluent in 6 languages including english and french. The princess is well educated and mannered. Her hobbies include: espionage, horseback riding, tennis, dancing among others. She has almost 100 % imperial, royal or otherwise high noble blood in her veins and not a single ancestor before a great great great grandmother have been non royal or imperial. If you wish to know more about her imperial highness feel free to ask.
Sincerely
Her Most Imperial Highness Arabella Alcedina
Princess-Regent of the Imperial Regency Council
The Most Serene Republic of the Quendi
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 pm

OOC: I am sorry, has this been cancelled?
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Monttera
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Monttera » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Return to International Incidents