NATION

PASSWORD

SHUT DOWN (LIN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jeuna
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: League of Imperial Nations (LIN) JOIN THE LEAGUE!

Postby Jeuna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Orbis Romanorum wrote:And...

In memoriam; unjustly deleted: Hogsweat, Jaredcohenia, North Point, Franberry, Sharfghotten, Rosbaningrad, Tyrandis
Do not trust in oppression, nor vainly hope in robbery. Ps 62:10
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a completely ad-hoc plot device. - David Langford
Factbook | Diplomacy
BUT THIS IS NS

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: The League of Imperial Nations (LIN)

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:54 pm

Elections are in 2 Days!

Xin Han
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Yay!
Liu Quan, Courtesy Name: Tong
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Aligeretha
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aligeretha » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Now we get to vote for our prepicked candidates that are all running unopposed!

Imperialism Works! :)
The Eternal Empire of Aligeretha
Her Imperial Majesty Ephemera, Empress of All Vampires, Autocrat of the Empire, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Armed Forces, Holder of the Allegiance of the Werewolf Tribes, Friend to the Fae, Protector of the Variants, and Most Blessed of the Gods of the Blood Rites.
Eternal Empire of Aligeretha Factbook
Embassy Program of the Eternal Empire of Aligeretha

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Candidates for the Four Imperial Offices, Elections Held July 1st!

Supreme Minister of the League

1. Emperor Maximilian the Ninth of the Golden Imperium of Tharra

2. Acting Supreme Minister of the League Charles Gwenith of the Holy Empire of Orbis Romanorum

3. Chief Royal Tribune Lucius Julius Libo of the Imperial Republic of Atlantis X

Grand Treasurer

1. Minister of Finance Zhuang Gong of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han

Grand General

1. Minister of Defense Hamada Yasukazu of the Glorious Shogunate of Kagetora

Foreign Chancellor

1. Advisor on Foreign Affairs Beliar zu Holdness of the Empire of Aligeretha

Not all unopposed. The Grand Treasurer, Grand General, and Foreign Chancellor are already elected. Congratulations to Aligeretha, Xin Han, and Kagetora for their wins.

However, the Supreme Minister is contested.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 am

I think we need to learn more about each candidate for Supreme Minister. I can't really base my decision off of a name.
Emperor of the Great Empire and Dynasty of Xin Han, Son of Heaven, Lord of Ten Thousand Years and of the Present Time, Supreme Governor and Protector of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Xin Han, and Patriarch of the House of Liu

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:15 pm

Xin Han wrote:I think we need to learn more about each candidate for Supreme Minister. I can't really base my decision off of a name.

QFT
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:26 pm

I think that the Acting Supreme Minister has done a fantastic job of organizing the League. He should be given a little longer to finish that initial organization.

Atlantis X
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 16, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantis X » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:34 pm

I would have to agree. I, Chief Royal Tribune Lucius Julius Libo, would like to officially withdraw from my candidacy and endorse Acting Supreme Minister Charles Gwenith. I think he has proven himself worthy for such a high position.

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Due to the success of the current leadership, I am going to have to endorse the Acting Supreme Minister for the position of Supreme Minister. I just hope that the Eurocentric tendency of LIN (specifically the Region) will be toned down. We would like to remind all members that the Roman Empire was a great empire and contributed much to the World, but the Han Empire was just as great and contributed the same amount.

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:29 pm

As the logic behind their arguement is good, and the fact that the opposing member hasn't shown up, the Kagetorian endorsement goes to the current head.

While the Roman Empire was great, it no longer exists.

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I accept the mantle of Supreme Minister and will keep those facts in mind. My goal is to forge an international empire under our control that will incorporate the Imperial qualities of every member nation.

I will submit plans for the NWO and the goals for my term. I am also disappointed by the turnout that we've had for the election...

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Civic Resolution: Mandatory Recruiting

A resolution to enforce the mandatory recruiting of at least one nation for the LIN every two months.

This resolution will take effect July 4, 2009. All recruiting should be reported directly to the Acting Supreme Minister via telegram. Attempted recruiting is not acceptable.

By ignoring or declining to abide by this resolution once passed, the ignoring or declining nation risks suspension or expulsion by the Supreme Minister of the League.

{Because of the importance of this bill that could potentially ensure our current and future survival, I am urging all members to vote on it.}

Submitted by Supreme Minister of the League Charles Gwenith
Last edited by Orbis Romanorum on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm confused. You want us to send invites to other nations, and at the same time, tell you we invited them?

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:55 pm

Kagetora wrote:I'm confused. You want us to send invites to other nations, and at the same time, tell you we invited them?

Yes, invite them. Let the recruited nation know to tell who invited them, and then I'll confirm it with you, and I'll mark you off the list of people who HAVEN'T recruited within the two month time period.

EDIT: But you they have to join. You have to keep trying until you get one. You can't just say "Well, I tried!". Not that you would do that. We just have some less active members.
Last edited by Orbis Romanorum on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:57 pm

And if no one we invited joins? We get booted?

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Kagetora wrote:And if no one we invited joins? We get booted?

You have two months. That's plenty of time I would think. I will also attempt in about eight months to pass a resolution that will amend that bill. Because by that time we would have enormous amounts of members.
Last edited by Orbis Romanorum on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 pm

My question is why are we going for quantity over quality? It seems quite...dare I say it...communistic. I say if we find a member worthy of recruiting then we will ask if they want to join LIN. Major recruitment efforts usually fail anyways, as the new recruits are noobs who ruin an alliance. You usually won't get the well established nations.

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Xin Han wrote:My question is why are we going for quantity over quality? It seems quite...dare I say it...communistic. I say if we find a member worthy of recruiting then we will ask if they want to join LIN. Major recruitment efforts usually fail anyways, as the new recruits are noobs who ruin an alliance. You usually won't get the well established nations.

Well okay. I actually agree. How about we change the resolution so that it only requires that members recruit people to apply only. At that point the Imperial Founder, the Auxiliary Founder, and the Supreme Minister admit or deny them into the League as protocol requires anyhow. ???

Kagetora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:01 pm

That makes more sense.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be getting many more well established and large members (at least 2008)

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:04 pm

That seems more reasonable. It is a compromise between my position and your position. I'll vote for it if the proper changes are made.

Orbis Romanorum
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Orbis Romanorum » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:16 pm

Xin Han wrote:That seems more reasonable. It is a compromise between my position and your position. I'll vote for it if the proper changes are made.

Write up an edited version. Just copy mine and edit it. Do the honors!

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Civic Resolution: Mandatory Recruiting

A resolution to eforce all member nations to persuade at least one nation every two months to apply for LIN membership.

This resolution will take effect July 4, 2009. Persuaded nations should post their application on the LIN thread and will be reviewed by the Supreme Minister, Founder, and Auxiliary Founder.

By ignoring or declining to abide by this resolution once passed, the ignoring or declining nation risks punishment by the Supreme Minister of the League, based upon how many times a said nation has refused to obey this resolution.

{Because of the importance of this bill that could potentially ensure our current and future survival, I am urging all members to vote on it.}

Submitted by Supreme Minister of the League Charles Gwenith, edited by Grand Treasurer Zhuang Gong.

Zoingo
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoingo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Official Rapid Communique

The Commonwealth would like to send envoys to the League of Imperial Nations to act as delegates of The Commonwealth and representatives of ODECON.
Diplomacy is for people who wish escape RL; General is for people who have too much time in RL; The WA is for people who want to be bureaucrats in RL; The Archives is for people wanting to look back at how others spent time in their RL; and Technical is for people who already cannot find enough to complain about in RL anyway.

Official Map of Zoingo
Zoingo Embassy Exchange

Xin Han
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Xin Han » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:02 pm

As Auxiliary Founder and Grand Treasurer, I am skeptical of the ODECON delegates. I would like to know their intentions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents