NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars Galaxy [OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:53 pm

Was brought her by Asfi so...

Prague Tag.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:53 am

Stormwrath wrote:Was brought her by Asfi so...

Prague Tag.

You're Moscow Most Welcome!

The Second Brotherhood of Planets
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Second Brotherhood of Planets » Sun May 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Greetings. I listened to Asfaltum's pitch, so here I am.

I would be happy to discuss potential plot elements, world building, and so forth. Or I can just sit back and lurk moar if necessary. ;)
Horace Walpole: "The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel."

Member of the LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES!

NS Stats are mostly acknowledged here, but multiply NS pop by 5 to get State Approved total!

Amazing Advice, Bro!

Intergalactic Bulletin:  Alt Human Homeland rediscovered and reclaimed.  Locals 'uplifted' in response to paranormal activity.  Brotherhood delegation invited to mysterious assembly, Mmrnmhrm deployed. More to Follow...

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sun May 01, 2016 9:05 pm

The claims thread will be updated shortly.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

The Ctan
Minister

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Ctan » Sun May 29, 2016 4:31 pm

And I'm back. Looking to start a thread with Godular soon.

In other news I've been looking at RPG.net and was wondering, how many variants of Jedi and Sith variants do we have these days?
Last edited by The Ctan on Sun May 29, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Mon May 30, 2016 8:46 am

The Ctan wrote:And I'm back. Looking to start a thread with Godular soon.

In other news I've been looking at RPG.net and was wondering, how many variants of Jedi and Sith variants do we have these days?

Arch wants to start his own Jedi-thing, someone is trying to kill the Force, I have what could be called grey-Force users (or grey jedi), Naacal has a unique take on either Sith or Jedi mixed thing, and...then we have one Sith character I have (old Sith), the New Sith Order which is run by Balrogga...and I think that's it.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:55 am

Some background details on Ryloth for Godular.

Geography

Tidally locked, Ryloth has an inhabitable band along the terminator; a degree of gyration sometimes causes light condition to change, but for the most part it is static. Five major cities, Kala'uun and Lessu are the capitals, head cities of rival confederations, while Joreikna, Lohema and Sal'kaasa make up the balance. All apart from Lessu are wholly underground, and all five major cities have full-scale theatre shield generators that are sufficient to deflect any fiesable bombardment - sufficient ships might crack these, but the force required would destroy the cities almost incidentally when these shields overload. Each is also eqipped with planetary turbolasers and ion cannons nearby.

Each city is its own state, popular support among high caste; only they count) for the C'tani protectorate is approximately:
Kala'uun 98%, Lessu 21%, Joreikna 72%, Lohema 89%, Sal'kaasa 20%.

Surface Forces

Warrior Caste Guards

With a potential manpower of about two million, excluding those enlisted in other military forces, the Sesk’vati warrior caste on Ryloth make up one of the smaller castes, and traditionally are the only caste to carry weapons, this has been undermined by the C'tani protectorate here, and arms are more widespread, thoguh only the Sesk’vati typically train with them from youth. For Sesk’vati men, employment in any capacity other than hunters, soldiers, police and temple guards is fundamentally dishonourable. They are junior among the high castes but make a point to let the others know of their status.

Typically they are organized into patrols, bands, and guards of specific fields; in the case of invasion they will form a militia however. Their organization is poor on a large scale and they are not well eqipped well; most are equipped with hutt-style vibro-blades, often billhooks, and blaster carbines or pistols.

They are primarily equipped with armed speeders and skiffs for transport and with little in the way of armour; they may have access to scattered heavy eqipment, but do not have uniform standards and their discipline is poor. Many may not be motivated to make contact with the enemy, or might surrender where that seems practicable.

Compact Army

Perhaps 500,000 strong, the compact army are part of a federal force shared with several other planets and groups, and are not entirely twi'lek, though on Ryloth most are. The Compact Army is equipped to gelactic standards for the most part, provisioned with vehicles such at AT-TEs and Juggernauts, however, because of the terrain on Ryloth, most regiments deployed there are equipped instead with light vehicles such as speeders, AT-DPs, TIE-crawlers, and CAVs. Personal equipment tends to be padded, blaster dampening armour, helmet, armoured gloves and chest piece, as well as blasters.

The main independent operational unit is the batallion, numbering (on Ryloth) typically consisting of 500 to 900 troops and their equipment.

A typical squad is 12 strong, transported by a reconnisance troop transporter which acts as an IFV and has a crew of 2, a commander/driver and gunner, while the other 10 squad members typically fight dismounted. They would normally have options of crew served and squad level weapons in addition to blasters.

They are strongly supported by the Compact Logicistics Corps. Batallions drawn from Ryloth are of poor quality but well equipped. Other regiments are broadly similar, except those drawn from Nagai, who are substantially more able fighters and infamously keen to engage in close quarters battle.

Compact Rapid Response Forces

Juggernauts, AT-TEs, LAATs and other top end Clone Wars gear is in use here, these forces are fully professional, and number up to 30,000 across the Compact, they are equipped with hard-shell stormtrooper-style plastoid body armour. There are perhaps 5,000 of these on Ryloth initially. They have comprehensive air-speeder access, probe droids and similar gear. Unlike army batallions they are mixed origins and units, and are trained more extensively.

Space Forces

Compact Star Force

The Ryloth Home Fleet will consist of 4 Dreadnought Heavy Cruisers led by the Resolution, and 12 DP20 frigates, given the size of the attack fleet they will likely withdraw from battle as soon as they can.

Ground bases on Ryloth hold squadrons of Z-95 Headhunters, Y-wings and other craft such as Vulture Droids; some of these are open, others concealed.

Sesk'nabsilai

A force-using order sponsored by the major twi'lek religion which worships the Great Mother, the Seks'nabsilai are generally weaker than top-tier force users such as Jedi, Sith, Nightsisters, Sorcerers of Tund etc; they are quite numerous and generally storm-themed to their powers, mastering telekinesis and lightning and neglecting areas such as compulsion or personal enhancement. There are perhaps a thousand adepts in total, but many are offworld.

Jedi Knights

Ryloth permits the Jedi Order free access to its surface and all their customary rights in most settlements, and holds an desolate ancient sith academy which generally means a jedi sentinel or two will be hanging around; it's on generally good terms with the Jedi Order and will likely recieve some of their assistance.

Necrons

Ryloth has a necron garrison operating out of a concealed tomb on the day side, heavily focussed on anti-piracy and anti-slavery operations they have a small prescnece that will grow throughout the thread.
Last edited by The Ctan on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:11 pm

ASCENSION

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=379994

If we could update the thread listing with the new thread, that'd be nice.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:01 am

Gotcha covered.

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:48 am

Thrashia wrote:
The Ctan wrote:And I'm back. Looking to start a thread with Godular soon.

someone is trying to kill the Force,

Whistles innocently in the back ground.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Star Wars RP Group
Secretary

Founded: Mar 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Star Wars RP Group » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:59 am

Roll Call! Will be culling claims within the next few weeks so let me know if your still around!

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:00 am

Still here!
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:22 am

Oh I'm still here-ish. Of sorts. Blame New Dornalia and his necromancy bringing be back.
The International Fleet: Tricking Children into Xenocide via video games since 120 ISC.

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:12 am

I yet remain.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:02 am

I'm that addict that you always see in the background...

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:47 am

The Ta'Nar are always around, whether if you want them or not.

We are part of the Multiverse, a Cosmic Horror that will not go away no matter how hard you try.

Um, did I say that out loud?

I meant to say "I'm Here!".
Last edited by Balrogga on Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Orthodox Gnosticism
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Orthodox Gnosticism » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Balrogga wrote:The Ta'Nar are always around, whether if you want them or not.

We are part of the Multiverse, a Cosmic Horror that will not go away no matter how hard you try.

Um, did I say that out loud?

I meant to say "I'm Here!".

It's true. Once a Ta'Nar got on my shirt, and no matter how much bleach or show much I scrubbed, that stain would not come out. Then it ate the sponge.

New Dornalia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2005

Postby New Dornalia » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Here!
"New Dornalia, a living example of anomalous civilizations."-- Phoenix Conclave
"Your nation has always been ridiculous. But it's endearing."--Skaugra
"It's a magical place where chinese cowboys ply the star lanes to extract vast wealth from trade, where NORINCO isn't just an arms company, but an evil bond villain type conglomerate that hides in other nations. Where the apocalypse happened, and everyone went "huh, that's neat" and then got back to having catgirls and starships."-- Olimpiada
"...why am I space China, and I don't have actual magic animals, and you're space USA, and you do? This seems like a mistake." --Roania, during a discussion on wildlife.

The Covenant Remnants
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Covenant Remnants » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:16 am

Still alive I suppose <_<

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:11 pm

I am still around.

Anything happening? It has been a quiet three months
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Intersteller Terra
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Intersteller Terra » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:24 am

Indeed it has been hopefully it will pickup after Christmas

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:26 am

Balrogga wrote:I am still around.

Anything happening? It has been a quiet three months

Nuffin much. C'tan left the ns forums at some point, so ascension is most likely sporked :(
New to F7? Click here!

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Intersteller Terra wrote:Indeed it has been hopefully it will pickup after Christmas

If you're down, we could actually do my intro thread to this lol :P
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

The Ctan
Minister

Postby The Ctan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:06 am

Godular wrote:Nuffin much. C'tan left the ns forums at some point, so ascension is most likely sporked :(

What is not dead may eternal lie...

Back!

Thrashia
Minister

Postby Thrashia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:44 am

The Ctan wrote:
Godular wrote:Nuffin much. C'tan left the ns forums at some point, so ascension is most likely sporked :(

What is not dead may eternal lie...

Back!

Welcome back.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents