NATION

PASSWORD

OOC: Things to do in Caracasus before you die (MT/PMT/Dip)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oslea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2006
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Oslea » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Would I be correct in assuming Menthi can't send any formal correspondence out? If I am, I'm thinking of contacting Watersville ICly in order to get some leads on finding the actual governing body of Menthi, as they seem to be the most heavily involved in helping Menthi (I'm also assuming Watersville's aid effort is known ICly as well).

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:12 am

Oslea wrote:Would I be correct in assuming Menthi can't send any formal correspondence out? If I am, I'm thinking of contacting Watersville ICly in order to get some leads on finding the actual governing body of Menthi, as they seem to be the most heavily involved in helping Menthi (I'm also assuming Watersville's aid effort is known ICly as well).

Menthi has a government, and they will be sending out correspondence soon. Their President and several members of government were killed in a helicopter crash just as the crisis kicked off. The government of Menthi is currently in Peni, the most secure city in Menthi.
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Issues editor, not a moderator.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:13 am

Significance wrote:I had no idea this OOC existed sorry, I kind of just jumped right in, hope others understand. I'm here to see what I can take from people involved without getting tied down to a side, hope people co-operate so I can start fighting.

Hello! Yeah, the OOC is here to sort out such things. I'm thinking that keeping it small-scale for now is the best bet - but that's no reason for you not to send a few covert units into the fray.....
As an editor I seam to spend an awful lot of thyme going threw issues and checking that they're no oblivious errars. Its a tough job but someone's got too do it!

Oslea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2006
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Oslea » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:39 am

Caracasus wrote:
Oslea wrote:Would I be correct in assuming Menthi can't send any formal correspondence out? If I am, I'm thinking of contacting Watersville ICly in order to get some leads on finding the actual governing body of Menthi, as they seem to be the most heavily involved in helping Menthi (I'm also assuming Watersville's aid effort is known ICly as well).

Menthi has a government, and they will be sending out correspondence soon. Their President and several members of government were killed in a helicopter crash just as the crisis kicked off. The government of Menthi is currently in Peni, the most secure city in Menthi.

Good to know - thanks for clearing that up. Additionally, are there any Menthi rebel elements fighting the invasion? Part of the reason I'm sending a delegation out to the Watersville aid camp is to find some of these rebels (if any).
Last edited by Oslea on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:59 am

Oslea wrote:
Caracasus wrote:

Good to know - thanks for clearing that up. Additionally, are there any Menthi rebel elements fighting the invasion? Part of the reason I'm sending a delegation out to the Watersville aid camp is to find some of these rebels (if any).

There are, Peni (as the other two Menthi cities) are defended by the majority of Menthi's armed forces, who strategicly withdrew once fighting begain. However, there are military units trapped and cut off by Parsoh and Carosi's incursions still active, and there are groups of armed resistence fighters who have formed after the invasions. There;'s little planning and central command for these groups. They operate more or less independantly of each other.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:43 am

I think all the pieces are in play now.... something is sure to happen

Opplandia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Opplandia » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:59 am

had a few rough days on work, will take a whie til I can write up somethin new.
NS-stats are not used

Significance
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:42 am

Caracasus wrote:Hello! Yeah, the OOC is here to sort out such things. I'm thinking that keeping it small-scale for now is the best bet - but that's no reason for you not to send a few covert units into the fray.....

Well actually I am hoping to provoke a full scale war, but this will be by elite troops, few in numbers. I won't land millions of men, more a few thousand to (hopefully) quickly disable enemies of Significance, supported by close air support and submarine cruise missiles to take out any key targets.

Daeseong
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:24 am

Well, then. Colour me interested.

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:54 am

Just an update saying my plans have changed, you'll all understand when you see it. An invasion is looking unlikely, but I'm still looking to stir things up, and hopefully soon I'll have troops on the penisular, but not how you would think I would.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:57 am

Sorry people, surprisingly busy weekend.

I will work on my posts later.
Last edited by Tekeristan on Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flauc
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Flauc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Significance wrote:
Caracasus wrote:Hello! Yeah, the OOC is here to sort out such things. I'm thinking that keeping it small-scale for now is the best bet - but that's no reason for you not to send a few covert units into the fray.....

Well actually I am hoping to provoke a full scale war, but this will be by elite troops, few in numbers. I won't land millions of men, more a few thousand to (hopefully) quickly disable enemies of Significance, supported by close air support and submarine cruise missiles to take out any key targets.

lol, it's kinda hard to even land thousands of men. imagine the fuel costs, food, clothes, warmers, et cetera.

It took a few years to send a few thousand people to Vietnam.

Anyways... Swedish Military Intelligence & Security Service agents will be working as humanitarian aid workers with a background as Watersville citizens, but they are actually there to see the development in the place and uhh.. kill anyone the Swedish Government points their finger at.

^ OOC info.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Flauc wrote:Lol, it's kinda hard to even land thousands of men. imagine the fuel costs, food, clothes, warmers, et cetera.

Anyways... Swedish Military Intelligence & Security Service agents will be working as humanitarian aid workers with a background as Watersville citizens, but they are actually there to see the development in the place and uhh.. kill anyone the Swedish Government points their finger at.

^ OOC info.

Firstly, were much more powerful than the USA, which was the country attacking Vietnam, just check some of our statistics. Also, the plan has changed, but I'm not going to spoil it, just know it's soon to get a lot more heated round here.

Flauc
Ambassador

Postby Flauc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:49 pm

Significance wrote:
Flauc wrote:Lol, it's kinda hard to even land thousands of men. imagine the fuel costs, food, clothes, warmers, et cetera.

^ OOC info.

Firstly, were much more powerful than the USA, which was the country attacking Vietnam, just check some of our statistics. Also, the plan has changed, but I'm not going to spoil it, just know it's soon to get a lot more heated round here.

Carcasus, please tell me if you are going for a degree of realism on troop numbers, including logistics and et cetera?

By the way, the game measurements and what NS stats spits out at you are completely inaccurate for militaries :|
Well, if you insist on having thousands of soldiers sent in a few weeks, I will take it that they are either:
poorly equipped
no battle space

Not that i'll be fighting anyways..
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:06 pm

Flauc wrote:Carcasus, please tell me if you are going for a degree of realism on troop numbers, including logistics and et cetera?

By the way, the game measurements and what NS stats spits out at you are completely inaccurate for militaries :|
Well, if you insist on having thousands of soldiers sent in a few weeks, I will take it that they are either:
poorly equipped
no battle space

Troop limits are 30,000 which I won't exceed, and ever heard of paratroopers? A few thousand paratroopers is easy to launch, maybe a little longer with equipment like armoured cars and light tanks, but still possible very quickly. Just look at the numbers deployed rapidly on WW 2, let alone modern forces of today.

Flauc
Ambassador

Postby Flauc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Significance wrote:
Flauc wrote:Carcasus, please tell me if you are going for a degree of realism on troop numbers, including logistics and et cetera?

poorly equipped
no battle space

Troop limits are 30,000 which I won't exceed, and ever heard of paratroopers? A few thousand paratroopers is easy to launch, maybe a little longer with equipment like armoured cars and light tanks, but still possible very quickly. Just look at the numbers deployed rapidly on WW 2, let alone modern forces of today.

I did not know there are troop limits.

OK then.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Flauc wrote:
I did not know there are troop limits.

OK then.

Read the first post on this OOC thread, it gives you some basic rules.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Flauc - troop limits were added after the start.

Just some guidelines. I've already put up the rules, so....

This is primarily diplomatic/intrigue. I imagine there will be conflict at some point, but this really shouldn't be the focus of the RP at all. Similarly, the focus is very much on storytelling, not ranking up army sizes and kills. The objective here really isn't to "win" - you're going to be conflicting with other nations, but when a RP gets insanely competitive opposed to co-operative I've noticed that things get tense, and people are unwilling to do the kinds of things that make a good RP.

Frankly, Significance could ally with Carosi and capture Menthi and topple Parsoh in a few days. I really hope that this doesn't happen though, as it'd be insanely boring.

I'd like a RP where a nation that is staunchly pacifist, that has no armed forces, can take on a vital and important role. Perhaps the most important thing is to consider not only your nation's strengths but also their weaknesses. A nation with an insanely large armed force may, for example rely on conscription and have a lot of civil unrest about the war at home.

e.g - Caracasus has a highly technologically advanced armed forces, and strong allies. This could be considered a strength in terms of a conflict. However, Caracasus also has a direct democracy, and a rather different social and economic system to other nations. The former means that it is rather hard for Caracasus to act quickly and decisively, the latter creates divisions between other nations.

Caracasus
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Caracasus » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:57 pm

I'd also like to add an element of creepy shit to the RP - see what you think.

Carosi elite emperor's guards. Known as Vampir. They're the result of a science that should have been abandoned long ago. A set of surgeries and therapies create a human with heightened perceptions and the ability to move very quickly for short bursts of time. This however requires much more oxygen and calories than a normal human. These guards require constant doses of certain medications as well as blood transfusions (not drunk by the way, injected into a vein port). They're also dazzled by bright sunlight. Fantasticly loyal as they'd die without the drugs they need.

Thoughts?

Flauc
Ambassador

Postby Flauc » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:19 am

Caracasus wrote:I'd also like to add an element of creepy shit to the RP - see what you think.

Carosi elite emperor's guards. Known as Vampir. They're the result of a science that should have been abandoned long ago. A set of surgeries and therapies create a human with heightened perceptions and the ability to move very quickly for short bursts of time. This however requires much more oxygen and calories than a normal human. These guards require constant doses of certain medications as well as blood transfusions (not drunk by the way, injected into a vein port). They're also dazzled by bright sunlight. Fantasticly loyal as they'd die without the drugs they need.

Thoughts?

It'd be fun having my agents escaping from them.

Man, I need to get an enemy.
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:58 am

Just wrote a massive post which was all deleted when the system told me to log back in. I'm going to me laptop to write it back up cos it take forever to write on this tablet, expect post up in 10 minutes, possibly more.

Tekeristan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tekeristan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:01 am

Significance wrote:Just wrote a massive post which was all deleted when the system told me to log back in. I'm going to me laptop to write it back up cos it take forever to write on this tablet, expect post up in 10 minutes, possibly more.

I heavily suggest using a word document. Also, if it doesn't work when you click preview, click preview again. If you need to log back in, copy it all and make sure you got the paste.

Flauc
Ambassador

Postby Flauc » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:51 am

It wouls be hilarious if Menthi would backstab Significance and would release that message to the public :rofl:
State of Flauc
State of Kiyoshima

Significance
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:27 am

Flauc wrote:It wouls be hilarious if Menthi would backstab Significance and would release that message to the public :rofl:

That's why I sent the fruit basket. Also if they backstabbing me, I'll claim its all lies, then as a joke ask for the fruit basket back.

Watersville
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Watersville » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:23 am

Caracasus wrote:I'd like a RP where a nation that is staunchly pacifist, that has no armed forces, can take on a vital and important role. Perhaps the most important thing is to consider not only your nation's strengths but also their weaknesses. A nation with an insanely large armed force may, for example rely on conscription and have a lot of civil unrest about the war at home.

Well, I will try my best to get involved heavily and to descalate the situation. Let me see...

Watersville is a fairly stable, pacifistic nation that is willing to risk almost everything in order to bring peace and stability to the entire world. The nation has an ok economy and has a fairly small population at only 3 million people. The nation has many allies and friendships that allow it to not keep an army, leaving it's aid workers quite vulnerable to attack. The nation is located on a set of islands which allow for plenty of trade, yet their environmental protection laws only allow for minor businesses and little in the way of business diversity. The nation has excellent civil and political liberties and allows many different groups of political refugees the ability to easily obtain citizenship. This does, however, come with the possibility of easy spying on the nation and also doesn't necessarily allow for the easy arrest of criminals in certain situations.
-His Royal Highness Joseph A. Watters, King of Watersville
-President elect Ruby McClaw of the Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville
The Constitutional Monarchy of Watersville

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents