NATION

PASSWORD

Discourse and Discord [FT, Closed, OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:05 am

Excellent, great posts everyone.

I am planning to focus on the conference's main highlights so we don't have to go at the whole 20 day summit start to finish. With the steering committee about to be elected, we'll have to agree beforehand which six reps will compose this committee.

In addition, we have to agree on our topic beforehand so we can get on with the discussion. Piracy, screening refugees for weapons, and many other possible topics may be discussed.

Serukta Sehkrisaal
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Serukta Sehkrisaal » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:39 am

We should probably wait until we get back to your turn before start going just to highlight segments, for the record. That will give everyone one "intro" post.

Edit: As an idea, we might go for 5 "highlight" segments, or so, each with 1-3 posting cycles per segment, and each segment with its own topic or theme. One, say, is a "leisure" segment where delegates interact outside of the conference hall (because food!), and one is the "conclusion" segment. Increase or decrease segments (or segment length) based on need/desire.
Last edited by Serukta Sehkrisaal on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
SERUKTASEHKRISAAL
All that would be was but Endless Flame.

The Vahkiran
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vahkiran » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:22 am

Serukta Sehkrisaal wrote:We should probably wait until we get back to your turn before start going just to highlight segments, for the record. That will give everyone one "intro" post.

Edit: As an idea, we might go for 5 "highlight" segments, or so, each with 1-3 posting cycles per segment, and each segment with its own topic or theme. One, say, is a "leisure" segment where delegates interact outside of the conference hall (because food!), and one is the "conclusion" segment. Increase or decrease segments (or segment length) based on need/desire.

I like this idea a lot, especially the mingling part.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:11 am

The Vahkiran wrote:
Serukta Sehkrisaal wrote:We should probably wait until we get back to your turn before start going just to highlight segments, for the record. That will give everyone one "intro" post.

I like this idea a lot, especially the mingling part.

And lo does the Second Great War of the Punchbowl begin.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Nah, there was no first war. That was barely a skirmish. It's not a war until someone calls an airstrike on the cheese platter and blockades the cold cuts.

Federal Republic of Free States
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Free States » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 pm

We shall not forget the travesties of the First Punchbowl Conflict. The leering and the jeering directed at our forces as they pulled back to the finger food platters. The heroic rear guard action at the slope of steaming meats, which allowed for a tactical retreat. And of course the last stand at doughnut hill, those men were heros.

DO YOU HEAR ME. WE WILL NOT FORGET.

The Uthani Imperium
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Uthani Imperium » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Pish-posh.

You were cut down before and you will be cut down again, our verbal firepower far outweighs your silly human-modesty. There will be no "Second Great Punch Bowl War," just like the first it shall be a horrible slaughter, nothing great about it.
Hasmi Katti Šittar Šiun
The Kinship of the Star God
FT Advice and Assistance Thread|State of the Galaxy|Voluntary Star-State Index

Intersteller Terra
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Intersteller Terra » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:16 am

-turtles up around the dessert stand- SHIELD WALL!

edit: -_-
Last edited by Intersteller Terra on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:03 am

You can have the desert. I'll keep the desserts...

*places plasma trebuchet next to the Tiramisu*

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Calm yourselves, lest I monopolize the punch bowl. :P

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:47 am

Did I mention how much I liked the last two posts from Uthani and Serukta? :clap:

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Indeed.

Also, there's a thing as Senior Roleplay Mentor now? Interesting. Con-Grat-ulations!

EDIT: Next posters in this order: Rethan, Santh, Asfa. Val may cut in between Santh and Asfa.
Last edited by Stormwrath on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valinon
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalizt

Postby Valinon » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:52 am

Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I will be cutting in between Santh and Asfa.
"We do not care where you go, but you cannot stay here."
The Honorable Herr William H. Keith to all 'colonization/relocation/refugee' convoys/missions en route to Alpha Centauri
Her Imperial Majesty's Foreign Ministry, Special Office for Border Control & Forcible Deportation

Fact Book Project | The Lanthe Route & Lee | State of the Galaxy | Interstellar Trade Cooperative

Pantheon of Useful NSFT Links
FT Advice & Assistance Thread | Helpful FT Links| The Local Cluster | NS Future Tech (NSFT) Discord Server

Serukta Sehkrisaal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Serukta Sehkrisaal » Tue May 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Valinon wrote:Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I will be cutting in between Santh and Asfa.

At some point the Valinor obviously adopted the Si'theikan calendar and dating system.

How odd?! :lol:
SERUKTASEHKRISAAL

Perseid Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Perseid Federation » Tue May 24, 2016 8:11 pm

I have gotten word from Asfi that he'll be pulling out of the conference. Since Val has already posted, we'll have to choose beforehand which ones will form the steering committee. This will be in my next post because I don't want another round for us to wait for the next guy to post, "X votes for Y."

Anyways, here are the nominated nations:

• Perseid Federation - nominated by the FSR, RuB, and the Rhustarim Hegemony
  • Free State Republic - nominated by the Singers
  • Huerdaen Star Empire - nominated by Red Talons
  • United Star Commonwealth - self-nomination
  • Serukta Sehkrisaal - nominated by the Uthanium, the Gata'ja, and the UM
  • The United Dominion - nominated by the Sehkrisaal
  • The Rhustarim Hegemony - nominated by the Omospondia (which will be in my next post)

Of course, there's the problem of which one's going to sit there, should a certain nation have more than one delegate, but we'll get to that.
T H EP E R S E I DF E D E R A T I O N
Μ ε τ α ξ ύτ ω νΜ ε γ α λ ε ί οΑ σ τ έ ρ ι α
Official Factbook | Organ of Foreign Relations | LOTUS | The Local Cluster | NSFT Discord | FT Advice and Assistance Thread

"You can't ignore it. All his ultimatums come with his delicious, delicious booze" - Telros
FT-Prime Puppet of Stormwrath.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Tue May 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Perseid Federation wrote:I have gotten word from Asfi that he'll be pulling out of the conference. Since Val has already posted, we'll have to choose beforehand which ones will form the steering committee. This will be in my next post because I don't want another round for us to wait for the next guy to post, "X votes for Y."

• The Rhustarim Hegemony - nominated by the Omospondia (which will be in my next post)

Of course, there's the problem of which one's going to sit there, should a certain nation have more than one delegate, but we'll get to that.

I think I nominated myself too! D:

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue May 24, 2016 11:16 pm

Lubyak wrote:I think I nominated myself too! D:

What do you mean? The Archduchess asked if the Emperor can show up for the conference, no? And that they also support the Omospondia's nomination?

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Lubyak wrote:I think I nominated myself too! D:

What do you mean? The Archduchess asked if the Emperor can show up for the conference, no? And that they also support the Omospondia's nomination?

Ah, sorry, I should have been more clear with wording. I intended that to be a 'we nominate ourselves, and also back up the Perseids'.

Valinon
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Valinon » Wed May 25, 2016 9:31 am

Serukta Sehkrisaal wrote:
Valinon wrote:Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I will be cutting in between Santh and Asfa.

At some point the Valinor obviously adopted the Si'theikan calendar and dating system.

How odd?! :lol:

Oops, meant to edit that out. Corrected.
The Honorable Herr William H. Keith to all 'colonization/relocation/refugee' convoys/missions en route to Alpha Centauri
Her Imperial Majesty's Foreign Ministry, Special Office for Border Control & Forcible Deportation

Fact Book Project | The Lanthe Route & Lee | State of the Galaxy | Interstellar Trade Cooperative

FT Advice & Assistance Thread | Helpful FT Links| The Local Cluster | NS Future Tech (NSFT) Discord Server

Serukta Sehkrisaal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Serukta Sehkrisaal » Wed May 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Perseid Federation wrote:I have gotten word from Asfi that he'll be pulling out of the conference. Since Val has already posted, we'll have to choose beforehand which ones will form the steering committee. This will be in my next post because I don't want another round for us to wait for the next guy to post, "X votes for Y."

Without trying to make this sound horribly self-serving, if we want to keep it as simple as possible, assuming this post is valid for the delegation seating, we could simply go with "the top six with the most nominations has a delegation seat (collective or individual, I don't think it'll really matter; using "steering committee seat" in a less literal sense) on the Steering Committee."

Of course, this brings up the question of single-nominations (of which there are several) and self-nominations. I believe the USC and Lubyak are self-noms (with the latter being a deferral to Perseid Federation, which would both likely and logically ensure the PF is on the SC given the nominations PF already has).

OPTION A: If we exclude self-nominations (or place them on lowest emphasis), this would mean the steering committee would constitute (listing alphabetical where nominations are equal):
  1. Perseid Federation (3) — Treats Lubyak's vote for PF first.
  2. Serukta Sehkrisaal (3)
  3. Free State Republic (1)
  4. Huerdae (1)
  5. The Rhustarim Hegemony (1)
  6. The United Dominion (1)
OPTION B: If we exclude reciprocal-only nomination (essentially, if a Party A and B both nominate one another, those nominations cancel one another out), but keep self-nominations as equal to 1-nomination (again listing alphabetical where nominations are equal):
  1. Serukta Sehkrisaal (2) — I voted for the UD while the UD voted for me; those votes cancel.
  2. Federal and Imperial Union of States (1?) — This is if we count Lubyak's nomination as a self-nomination; see below.
  4. Huerdae (1)
  5. Perseid Federation (1[+1?]) — This depends on how we count Lubyak's vote in this regime; Rhust nominated PF, PF nominated Rhust, meaning they cancel here; Lub voted for himself first, but also supported the PF. This reasonably presumes each delegation gets one nomination vote.
  6. United Star Commonwealth (1)
OPTION C: If we exclude both reciprocal-only and self-nominations (again listing alphabetical where nominations are equal):
  1. Perseid Federation (2) — Treats Lubyak's vote for PF first.
  2. Serukta Sehkrisaal (2)
  4. Huerdae (1)
  5. ????
  6. ????
OPTION D: That being said, we could simply go with all who got nominated, making a 7-member Steering Committee, giving the Perseid Federation what amounts to the tie-breaker.

Option B makes things somewhat complicated, but if we just assume Lubyak's is a self-nomination, it's somewhat simplified, but would mean who got on the SC, if they just got one vote and treated self-nominations as equal to those, would be entirely left-up to their alphabetical order (which brings in, "Do we use account name, or nation name?"); as I said: complicated. Option C leaves a big gaping hole where two seats would essentially need a run-off.

To me, Options A or D are the simplest and most straight-forward in my personal opinion; I have no real preference for which we go with, but do suggest we use one of those options in preference to B or C.
Last edited by Serukta Sehkrisaal on Wed May 25, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SERUKTASEHKRISAAL

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Wed May 25, 2016 7:46 pm

I see no reason to leave anyone out, since there was only one in excess nominated. This also allows us to continue at the pace of the thread's creator, allowing him tie-breaker rights.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Federal Republic of Free States
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic of Free States » Wed May 25, 2016 7:50 pm

The idea of having a tie breaker vote sits well with me. Option D, is my preferred route that we travel in this thread.

Serukta Sehkrisaal
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Serukta Sehkrisaal » Wed May 25, 2016 8:04 pm

Based on IRC discussion, I'll formally concur with Huerdae and FRFS.
SERUKTASEHKRISAAL

Valinon
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Valinon » Thu May 26, 2016 4:18 am

Acknowledging my position as an observer and thus not holding an IC vote, I would like to endorse the tie-breaker system proposed in Option D. It seems perfectly reasonable that the six nominated members would form the steering committee while PF, in the role as the host, was allowed to hold the committee chair. It would not be a setup unprecedented in either NSFT or IRL diplomatic conferences. If there are concerns, I would think it would be possible to still include all seven with the caveat that the PF can only vote on procedural matters (if the committee has those) and can only cast a full vote in order to break a tie among the other members.

The Vahkiran
Attaché

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vahkiran » Thu May 26, 2016 6:39 am

Well if we plan to cut short the votes before I get a chance to post, I'd have nominated Uthani, if that's anything.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents