NATION

PASSWORD

The Atnaian Succession Crisis (TWI ONLY | CLOSED | TG)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:08 pm

THE CRISIS CONTINUES...
Following the attack on Parliament, PRINCE HENRY LUCER calls
the military of Atnaia into the capital city of Port Gray. The
Asorists kidnap PETER LASALLE, former police commissioner of
Port Gray who oversaw the city's transition to a privatized police
force before being paid off by LORD THOMAS WESSICH and
retiring to an estate in the city.

The Asorist rebels fight back against the military occupation in a
series of guerilla skirmishes that lead the war between the
government and the revolutionaries into an uncomfortable stalemate.
Meanwhile, Wessich consolidates his power and aligns himself with
representatives of the nation of SAN EUGOLIO. Foreign powers flock
to the country, looking to support the government against the rebel
threat. Spies from OSTEHAAR align themselves with Atnaia's
intelligence community, while tension grows between Prince Henry
and the representative sent from the friendly nation of RUETHA.
Ruetha refuses to openly support any side, instead choosing to send
troops in the guise of mercenaries.

The Queen of DASHGRINAAR comes secretly to the nation at the
invitation of Henry and much to the chagrin of individuals in her
government. The pair of royals plan to use her unique position to look
into possible traitor's in the government's own ranks...
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:34 pm

"Yes, that would be lovely." Helen rose from her seat, and walked slowly to the door.
Dashgrinaar
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Speaker Pro Tempore and Senator Emeritus
Vice President of The Western Isles

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:47 pm

Henry led her out of the office and through the small wing of the Palace with government offices. Once, long ago, the Palace had been the offices for all major government figures. Now, it was a back-up for the Prince and those in his office for when he could not attend Parliament directly. They left the office wing and into the vast entry chamber, with it's yellow and orange mosaic floor and the beautiful mural painting on the ceiling of Prince Arthur being brought to heavenly version Avalon by fairies and angels and meeting his namesake, the King Arthur of legend, enthroned on the paradise-like island. Henry pointed it out.

"It's called the Apotheosis of Arthur," Henry said. "I've never been sure whether it was Prince Arthur or King Arthur becoming a god in it, though. I used to lie on the floor here as a child and imagine being one of King Arthur's knights. It wasn't until a lot later that I realized how tragic that whole story was."

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Ruetha
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruetha » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Nervon Military Base

"Are there any questions?" Deniva looked around the room of commanders slowly, looking each of them in the eye. Many were uneasy, this civil war they were getting involved in was some strange business. Besides, they weren't even going in as Ruethan troops.

Lt. Ramford began "All this is very-" Deniva interrupted "I know it's all "very unusual" but it's the mission." Ramford sighed "Nothing ever phases you does it? I mean, you aren't the least bit concerned why we aren't openly supporting a side?" Deniva knew what Ramford was thinking, that Ruetha was supporting a tyrant. "Ramford that's enough of that!" Deniva shouted. "We have been given a job, if you're not asking a mission question, you will not get an answer."

She looked around the room again "I want 2,000 troops ready to go. We are using general urban combat uniforms. We will use imported firearms and vehicles, we are mercenaries. Under no circumstances is our cover to be blow. We leave are sundown."

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:23 pm

"It's beautiful. I always valued my appreciation for art, especially when it looks like this. It reminds me of a piece that I have back at home, though it doesn't depict Arthur. When I was little, I fell in love with all of the fantasy stories and fairy tales. Sadly, this one ends more tragically than we want."
Dashgrinaar

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:33 pm

"Did you ever realize most fairy tales do?" Henry mused. "Would you like to retire to your rooms for some rest, or continue the tour? I could show you the conservatory, if you like."

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:43 pm

"I didn't when I was younger, but as I grew older, I did. I also realized that their imperfection sent a message: nothing's perfect, and happy endings are hard to come by, but when you find them, savor them. I would love to see the rest of the Palace. The conservatory would be perfect!
Dashgrinaar

Ventlimer
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Recon 1

Postby Ventlimer » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Lt. Brenoke climbed down the stairway onto the Atnaian Docks in Port Gray, with his team in tow. Dressed in civilian ware and holding tourist visas, the Ventlimians took their heavy bags and stepped further into a land whose soldiers they had fought with, but now faced the possibility of fighting against. They had all used false names, but still tended to refer to each other by their real Initials. Lt. Brenoke shifted his bag and saw the sign for rental cars, then gave the man the number to a credit card opened some months ago, then sped off in a cozy van, a car behind him now carrying the rest of his squad mates. 10 people in all, but the Atnaians, busy with the crisis at hand, had not worried about port security from immigrants and worried more about Asorists in the city itself. Once the team reached the hotel, Brenoke and his sergeant took their room and relaxed for a while.

"Some trip, huh?"

"What," Sergeant Terroni asked tiredly. "We've sailed a thousand times, LT."

"Yeah," Brenoke said. "But never to modern city like this. On a mission. Or as Civilians." He laid down on the bed. "I mean, we had cocktails served to our quarters, T! Hell of a lot better than on a damn corvette. The Lilith is a great ship, but, damn, she's small."

"Aye, that was relaxing," Terroni said, smiling. "But we've got work to do. We leave in an hour to meet up with the agents."

Brenoke sighed. He missed the civilian life. The whole idea of having a family, staying at home for longer than a month, or even holding some crap job in Port Ventlimer.

"Yeah, you're right. Get the guys ready to head over there."

An hour later, they were on the road to the warehouse, dodging main highways and taking the various back streets to get to the place. When they arrived, they pulled the cars in and the agents shut the warehouse doors behind them. Brenoke got out of the car.

"Agent Krisseli," A young, pleasant looking man said, his hand extended.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Brenoke," he said as he shook his hand. "This is sergeant Terroni and these are my men."

"Good, very good," another agent said, approaching as she studied them. "You don't look very Atnaian, though." She extended a richly tanned hand with a pretty smile that made Brenoke feel at ease, even comfortable. "This is Johnathan," She said pointing behind her to a taller man. "And I'm Jennifer."

"I assume we are a here for a reason," Terroni said suddenly in his gruff, aged voice, snapping Brenoke out of the spell of this girl's blue eyes.

"Yes," Johnathan said. "Osters."

"Osters?," one of Brenokes men asked. "I thought we were friends with them. Hell, my brother works in an Oster factory."

"Thought we were friends with the, Atnaians too, didn't you?," Krisseli said jokingly. "Don't question it. Just gives you a headache. But what is going on is that the Osters are investigating us. We need to figure out where they are and stop them from discovering who armed the Asorists." Krisseli paused. "And yes, we armed them," He said as the soldier started to say something.

"Well, what do you have so far," Brenoke asked.

"Not much. They have a boat we think is used for transmitting secure data to Ostehaar and we know they will probably be in a secluded warehouse like us," Johnathan said.

"Damn, ok. Well, where do we start?"

"This way," Kriselli pointed them to some maps of Port Gray. "You'll be acting as warehouse workers. Yeah, that means you'll have to do some real work, but since Alex won't give us any new guys, we gotta use you. So, each of you are assigned a district and to search it. Start here, furthest away from us, then work your way back."

"Alright, will do. What do we wear? Fanny packs and cameras are hardly dock material."

"Dressing room in the back," Jennifer said in a silky tone. "Boxes of clothes in the left with your names and sizes. Put em on and head to work."

"Aye," Brenoke said slowly.
Last edited by Ventlimer on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of the Western Isles.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Dashgrinaar wrote:"I didn't when I was younger, but as I grew older, I did. I also realized that their imperfection sent a message: nothing's perfect, and happy endings are hard to come by, but when you find them, savor them. I would love to see the rest of the Palace. The conservatory would be perfect!

Henry led the way to the conservatory. The giant greenhouse was quite warm, with trees stretching towards its domed ceiling and flowering plants creeping along the edges of the paths within. Butterflies fluttered about. A big, yellow comet moth opened and shut it's wings on the trunk of a moss-coated tree. It was like a small, indoor forest.

"The Royal Conservatory," Henry announced.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:37 pm

"This is amazing," stated Helen as she took in the enourmous greenhouse. "Are all of these species native to Atnaia? We have a conservancy at home in the Palace, but it is nowhere as large as this. The Museum of Biology of Ienempyr possesses the largest conservancy in Dashgrinaar."
Dashgrinaar

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Dashgrinaar wrote:"This is amazing," stated Helen as she took in the enourmous greenhouse. "Are all of these species native to Atnaia? We have a conservancy at home in the Palace, but it is nowhere as large as this. The Museum of Biology of Ienempyr possesses the largest conservancy in Dashgrinaar."

"Some are from Atnaia," said Henry, looking about. "There's a couple of basuu, that is, dwarf black bears, that live around here somewhere. But most are imported. The Comet Moths were from Madagascar originally. Our first Prince liked them, so he had a bunch imported a long time ago. The Conservatory has been a collection of the crown ever since."

A small, black creature tottered across the cobblestones up ahead and disappeared into a berry bush. Henry grinned. "See, a basuu. Chances are, there's more watching us. They're clever but somewhat shy."

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:46 pm

"They're cute. I wish that I could do this more. I mean, add some background music, and I could stay here for weeks." Helen turned around, taking in the rest of the wildlife and plants. She strode forwards, and crossed a small stream by a wooden bridge. And the two of them kept walking through the Conservancy.
Dashgrinaar

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Henry smiled. "I suppose I've been spoiled, growing up here. I never really thought about it."

The pair idled in unimportant conversation for awhile, before Henry turned the conversation back to more serious matters. "I know that you require rest, but I have a favour to ask of you. You asked what you could do to help, and it has occurred to me what you can do. This conversation...well, you are quite the natural conversationalist. It is very pleasant to speak to you. I'm certain you could make use of this skill.

"I don't trust certain members of my government. I would like your help with one in particular...Duke Wessich. He has every reason to turn against me eventually...I would like to know for certain where his loyalties lie. Perhaps you could make use of your talents and get close to him, earn his confidence...and tell me where his heart is. Is he loyal to the crown, or does he seek more for himself."

He leaned down to the stream and scooped up a floating flower. He twirled it for a moment, then let it return to the current.

"Think on it," he said. "I will show you to your chambers."

After the Queen had been shown to her guest chambers, Henry returned to his own. It had been a long day, and he required a nap. He was interrupted, however, jsut as he removed his tie, by the phone on his night stand. He picked it up.

"What's going on?" he said.

"There's been an attack," Arthur Colt replied. "We have to meet now."

Henry sighed. "I'll be in my office."

"Jump, Jordan," Thomas said. "Jump! I'll catch you!"

Thomas could see the struggle in his son's eyes for a moment, before the boy finally steeled himself and leaped into the outstretched arms of his father. The water of the pool splashed, and Jordan laughed. "I did it, Papa!"

"Yes," Thomas smiled. "Yes, you did. You're very brave. Braver than I am."

Jordan laughed and splashed water at Wessich's face. Thomas smiled and laughed. He looked up and saw Yorke entering the pool area from the back door of the house. Thomas turned and directed Jordan towards his mother and sister. "Swim to your mother," he said. "Show me how strong you are."

Jordan kicked away and moments later was in the arms of Mary. Thomas smiled and pulled himself from the pool. "Very good, Jordan. You're a dolphin!"

Wessich turned to Yorke as his son laughed. Yorke pulled him aside. "Is this the best time to be prancing in the pool, sir?" the man asked.

"One must always make time for family, Barty," Wessich replied, grabbing a towel and drying his face. "What is it? Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I was," he said. "We just received word. Fengston is dead."

Wessich stopped. "What?"

"An Asorist attack, earlier in the evening," Yorke said. "His car was shot up, he and his driver were both killed."

"But Dante Fengston?" Wessich mused. "He was a member of the House of Commons...not a noble."

"The communique put out by Asorists United called him a collaborator," Yorke said.

"Not Takehold, then?" Wessich asked. He draped the towel over his shoulders.

"No sir," Yorke said.

"Then they are gaining support," Wessich mumbled. Louder, he said, "Good, let them. This is useful. I will speak on the matter in the House tomorrow. Have Jenna draft a statement, denouncing increased Asorist violence against common citizens and champions of justice. Play up Fengston's charity work and his work on the Fair Work laws."

"Yes, sir," Yorke said.

"This should drive more moderate Asorists back towards Royalism, and will drive more violent folks towards the Asorists, diluting their politics," Wessich grinned. "Very good. Any word on international response yet?"

"We have reason to believe several nations are considering sending troops," Yorke replied.

"That's bad. Foreigners, always sticking their noses in where they don't belong. Money we could accept, materials, but allowing troops into our borders. Our Prince is soft."

"Not for long, sir," Yorke said.

Thomas nodded and clapped Yorke on the shoulder. "Go, we have work to do. I'll be at the office once the children are asleep."

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:39 pm

Think on it...

The words still rung in Helen's head as she entered her spacious chambers. After Henry had left her in her rooms, she had walked around the Palace for awhile, but always ended up in the main entry hall under the Apotheosis of Arthur. It had gotten quite late in the day, and was nearing dusk. She had already unpacked everything she had brought with her, and turned towards the marble bathroom...

After showering, she picked out a fine dress made of a dark blue fabric, interwoven with dark sapphires to create a sort of belt-like image. The dress breathed beautifully, but was also elegant and slim - perfect for her. It was a gift from her brother, and she had valued it ever since. After donning the custom jewelry set made for representatives of the Foreign Affairs Department, she headed down - back to the entry hall.

As she entered, she spotted Juliet. Helen walked over to her, elegant and timeless, and slipped a card marked For Henry into her hand silently. After nodding her thanks, she departed back to her rooms.

Henry,

After thinking about your proposal given to me in the Conservancy, I have decided what to do. I will accept, and continue through, whatever is necessary of me. I know you are a busy man, but if possible, could you meet me for dinner tonight to go over the plan? I'll be at the entry hall at 7 o'clock.

- H
Dashgrinaar

Stralend
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Stralend » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:43 am

Ambassador Joseph Heyman stared out of the window of his Limo. The rain pounded against the window. Joseph had heard so many things about the beauty of Atnaia, but Port Grey was nothing like those stories. It looked more like a city from one of the Sci-Fi movies he had loved as a boy. He was nervous as he had no idea what the minister of finance would be like. The sound of his lover Marie's voice broke his train of thought. "How long are we staying here Joseph?"
"Not long I hope, this place feels strange"
"Your right, it does feel strange. I hope we will be safe here"
"We will be, don't worry Marie"
With that Marie fell asleep on Joseph's shoulder and Joseph let out a sigh. Were they really safe?

The Limo stopped at their hotel about 50 minutes later. Joseph checked in and helped Marie take her bags inside and escorted her to her room.
"See you tonight Marie"
"See you tonight"

Joseph went back down to the lobby and told the people at the desk that he would be back later tonight. Joseph got back into his limo and told the driver to take him to the agreed meeting place. 45 Minutes later Joseph arrived at the meeting place and walked inside. He waited for the minister of finance to arrive.

Ventlimer
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ventlimer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:46 am

Brenoke Yawned loudly as he put on his yellow reflective vest and set about the last section of warehouse to be searched this way. Hours and hours had been spent pouring through. He was only a few hundred yards from the warehouse now and he was tired of looking around to see nothing but Atnaians working warehouses on a 9-5. But it was about 7 now, most had gone home. Now, as he walked the last bit of warehouses, he was tired, and defeated.

"Brenoke to Terroni," He said into his radio. "I'm tired as shit. You about done with your sector?"

"Yeah, heading back to B.O. How about you?"

Brenoke looked up, seeing some figures standing outside the warehouse in jeans and collared shirts, but too small to be dock workers. They stretched out their hands tiredly, revealing lighter skin than most Sun-baked workers in the warehouses. "Almost done. But uh... I may have something."

"You said that yesterday too and I almost got crushed by a damn pallet because Johnson got so excited while on a forklift."

"Yeah, well, these guys don't really fit in. I'm getting closer, but come check this out."

"Yes, sir. You're cookin tonight if it ain't nothing, though."

Brenoke smiled. He always cooked on field missions, just basic crap for his guys. Didn't know his way around an oven though. "Don't know if you'll like it."

"Mhm."

Brenoke walked closer to the warehouse, clearly seeing that these were not workers and it didn't sound like they were talking in the language he had heard all day for two days. One threw a cigarette on the ground and they walked back inside, never having noticed him. He finally made it to the warehouse now, but saw the cameras and ducked behind another warehouse and approached it from behind, then found a small back window. No cameras. Weird. He slowly crept up to it, then peered in. Inside, there was a small team of people speaking the language of Ostehaar, pouring over screens and maps of the cities with a couple of Atnaians as well. One started to look his way and he dropped to the ground.

"Shit, Terroni, I fucking found them."

"Where are they?"

"Barely 200 yards away from B.O.!"

"Shit," Terroni said. "Think they know we are here?"

"I don't know, but I'm getting out of here."

"Alright, I'm already back. "They're talking about an immediate op later on tonight."

"OK, be there soon."

Ostehaar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:13 am

It's been several days since Taylor Expansion started their investigation, but none of the leads turned out to be promising. Almost every printing office or broadcasting station were managed by very eager yet uninformed students, and in some of the cases children were the ones doing the job. "I'm not going to interrogate children, man," Ben said that evening to one of the others, outside of the warehouse, "I'll kill an adult in a heartbeat, but I'm not going to touch children." He then threw his cigarette on the ground and the two walked back inside.

The money lead was disappointing as well - The team did manage to find a way to contribute to "the cause", but the entire process would take weeks and the chances of success are low. Mehk and the rest contacted several Asorist recruiting centers and were instructed to return a few days later in order to join an attack - But the men there didn't seem like they would know about the source of their guns. "Whoever's arming them," Mehk concluded, "he knows how to cover his tracks."

Tired, Mehk dropped himself into one of the chairs at the corner of the warehouse, shoving his head between his hands. Johan approached with two warm cups of black tea in his hands, and Mehk got up to take one. "Thank you, that was needed," he said, "is Sara on her way back?"

The moment he said that, Sara opened the door and rushed to him. "Mehk, can you identify Cylan?" He nodded positively. "Good. On my way back I've heard someone speaking a certain language, and I think it was Cylan... Not far from here."

Mehk thought for a few moments. "Where were you coming from and where exactly did you hear this?"

"From the south-west, and next to a warehouse two minutes away."

"Tomas," Mehk shouted to the SIGINT operator across the room, "give me full monitoring of the structures between 100 and 300 meters away from here to the south-west. Ben," he walked over to the agent, "grab a field sensor and come with me." The two cocked their pistols and headed out.

"Are you reading this?" Mehk asked quietly via radio as he put the field sensor on the ground. "No, raise it a bit," Tomas replied. Mehk pressed the sensor against the wall of the third warehouse they've checked. Back in his workstation, Tomas narrowed his eyes as he tried to listen carefully. His jaw almost dropped to the floor as he realized what he was listening to. "Get out of there!" he shouted to the radio, "we've been compromised - Those are special operatives from Ventlimer and they're planning to raid our workstation tonight!"

"Send the information back home," Mehk ordered as he and Ben ran back to the warehouse, "evacuate all analysts and equipment operators from the place now. I'll stay with the others to make sure we have enough time to close down the station and get everybody out."

Behind him, Mehk could hear people exiting the warehouse and moving to their direction. "Shit!" he spoke to the radio again, "get out right now! They're on their way!"
Last edited by Ostehaar on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ventlimer
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ventlimer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 am

Brenoke checked the AK over for the fourth time. God he hated this gun. Too much recoil. The M90's were so much better. Whatever. Look like asorsits, they said, so use shit weapons they must.

"Ready," Terroni said to him from behind. "Flashbangs, AK's, and Atnaian style sweep and clear? Disgusting. Always prefer Ventlimian strategies. Whatever, lets go."

Brenoke nodded, then filed out quickly over to the warehouse. "Watch for the camer-" Suddenly, a small jeep burst out of the warehouse, then turn to drive. "Shit!" He peppered the jeep with automatic fire, but didn't hit anyone. "Fuck the cameras, just go!"

A moment later, flashbangs went off all through the warehouse and they swung wide, quickly gunning down everyone inside. They Swept through the warehouse, blood filling a station of monitors, some showing blue screens or simply with a shot up computer, but the main one was still active- and sending a transmission to a ship off shore.

"Fuck, Krisseli," He yelled into the radio, "There's a ship off shore getting a signal. They compromised us before we got here."

"Fuck," Came the response. "I'll tell the Admiral."

Johnson gave an exasperated sigh. "You mean we didn't have to use this shit?"

"Shut the fuck up, Johnson," Terroni said.

Admiral Birthmire watched as the fake war games continued rather close to Atnaia, something Atnaian officials had complained of, but hadn't acted against. He could clearly see the coast line as the destroyer swept through the waters, the moon making the slick ship seem strangely disconcerting. He walked back into the bridge.

"Admiral, we just got a message from VIDS. It reads 'Osters know, take care of it quickly.' There's some coordinates and specs here... Its a small Oster Ship. Long Range Communication for encrypted transmissions."

"We in range?"

"Yes, but it is an Os-"

"Arm a missile and fire immediately."

The officer turned, shocked. "Sir, they're Osters!"

"Do it, Goddamnit!"

"Aye, Sir." The officer turned to the controls and began arming the missile. Less than a minute later, he was done. "Ready to fire sir, controls at your station."

Birthmire looked down and input his passcode, then pressed enter. With a great burst of fire, a missile shot from the deck and moved quickly across the water.

"Tracking... Tracking... Hit. Solid Hit. Radar Signature is gone. Alarms are starting up in Atnaia. Damnit, Admiral, we killed the Osters."

"Shut the hell up. Call the fleet to battle positions along the Atnaian coast. Inform the President."

"Aye, sir."
Last edited by Ventlimer on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:24 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:
Henry,

After thinking about your proposal given to me in the Conservancy, I have decided what to do. I will accept, and continue through, whatever is necessary of me. I know you are a busy man, but if possible, could you meet me for dinner tonight to go over the plan? I'll be at the entry hall at 7 o'clock.

- H

Henry rushed to his office, rolling up his sleeves as he went. Juliet was at her desk. "Your highness, your guest left a note," she said, holding it out. Henry snatched it as he went by.

"Thank you, Juliet," he said. "Arthur Colt will be here soon, let him right in."

"Of course, your highness," she replied, but Henry was already in his office. He crossed the room, opening the note and skimming it.

Dinner, he thought. Hopefully he would even have time. A dead House of Commons minister was a big step up for the Asorists, and he already knew what his cabinet would be thinking: how big of a leap between a HoC minister and the guillotine for the nobility. Not much, frankly. He refolded the note and tossed it on his desk. He lifted the phone and made several calls. A few minutes later, Colt arrived.

"What do we do about this?" Henry asked.

"The only thing we can," Colt said. "Nothing. We make a statement. We have no other recourse. We can't escalate this much further..."

"What about them?"

Colt stroked his chin. "They've been distracting us by pulling us into raids in the outskirts of the city. We pull our forces back into central Port Gray and force them to come to us. Flip the tables on them. It'll make the nobles feel more safe too."

"That'll lead to combat in the streets," Henry replied.

Colt shrugged. "The price we pay."

Henry toyed with the idea. "Do it, make the necessary calls. I just got off the phone with Lovesmythe. She is...well, livid might be too light a term."

"She's the one who has to deal with all the complaints of the ministers in the House of Commons, and they're the ones who have to deal with the complaints of the people," Colt said. "Imagine how that must be tonight."

Henry nodded. "Prime Minister is an unenviable job. Anyways, you go deal with the military operations, speak to the generals or whatever it is that needs to be done. I'll draft a statement."

Colt shifted. "Yes sir."

Colt left. Henry wrote quickly, scanned what he had written, and sent it over to Bronte to fix up and make ready for the papers. He stretched and checked his watch. Six-fifty. Just in time for dinner. He caught sight of his reflection in the window and sighed. He looked more than a little frazzled, with his tie loose around his throat and his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He walked over to the door of his office. Juliet was waiting with a fresh shirt, tie and blazer. "Dinner with your guest is soon," she said.

Henry laughed. "Juliet, you are an absolute doll."

He grabbed the change of clothes and quickly changed in his office. A concrete-gray button-up shirt, sky blue tie and navy blazer. He opened his office drawer and popped on his moth-shaped cufflinks. Checking his watch again, he saw he would arrive just on time.

He went to the entry way. Helen stood at the bottom of the sweeping grand staircase there, looking...well, gorgeous. Henry took a breath and descended the stairs. "Helen, thank you for waiting. A bit of an emergency came up..."

Stralend wrote:Joseph went back down to the lobby and told the people at the desk that he would be back later tonight. Joseph got back into his limo and told the driver to take him to the agreed meeting place. 45 Minutes later Joseph arrived at the meeting place and walked inside. He waited for the minister of finance to arrive.

Duke Bastien Adenbury strode quickly into the antechamber. He walked up to the representative from Stralend. "Sorry to keep you waiting, sir. Bit of a curfluffle that the cabinet has been trying to sort out, I'm sure you understand, what. Come, my office is this way."

He led the man down a hallway of the Parliament Buildings, and opened a wood door to the Minister of the Treasury's offices. The front room was filled with clerks and sub-ministers going about their business. Adenbury led the way to the more formidable office at the back of the chambers. He closed the door behind them and the sound of the beehive outside disappeared. He took a seat at his mahogany desk and gestured for the representative to do the same. "So, Ambassador Heyman, what can I do for you?"

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:38 am

Atnaia wrote:He went to the entry way. Helen stood at the bottom of the sweeping grand staircase there, looking...well, gorgeous. Henry took a breath and descended the stairs. "Helen, thank you for waiting. A bit of an emergency came up..."

Helen smiled as Henry talked to her. After knowing what he faced, she appreciated his position even more.

"I'm dreadfully sorry if I rushed you. As I have said before, you are a busy man, and your position does have a lot of duties, especially during this time."

She paused and looked over him, she noticed the moth cuff links that he wore.

"Do you like moths?" she inquired, after pointing out the cuff links. "I always loved butterflies and the like. Also, do you know where we could dine? I have never been here, so I don't know anyplace to eat, unfortunately."
Dashgrinaar

Stralend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stralend » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am

Joseph took a moment too look around. I cannot decide whether these people are simply rich or are decadent he thought. Joseph turned. "Duke Adenbury, I have come to discuss the level of support you want from our government. I need to know how much subisidies you need, how many weapons shipments you need, and how many of our Special Operatives you need, if of course, you need any at all."

Joseph quickly added "Also, May I ask, do you have any coffee and sheep milk?"

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:51 am

Dashgrinaar wrote:
Atnaia wrote:He went to the entry way. Helen stood at the bottom of the sweeping grand staircase there, looking...well, gorgeous. Henry took a breath and descended the stairs. "Helen, thank you for waiting. A bit of an emergency came up..."

Helen smiled as Henry talked to her. After knowing what he faced, she appreciated his position even more.

"I'm dreadfully sorry if I rushed you. As I have said before, you are a busy man, and your position does have a lot of duties, especially during this time."

"Do you like moths?" she inquired, after pointing out the cuff links. "I always loved butterflies and the like. Also, do you know where we could dine? I have never been here, so I don't know anyplace to eat, unfortunately."

Henry led the way towards one of the Palace dining rooms, a smaller one more suited to small gatherings and conversation, as opposed to the grand ballroom or the feast halls. As he moved, he looked at his cufflinks. "The Palace's chefs are some of the finest in the country, and are more than capable of preparing whatever it is you want. As for the cufflinks, well, the Comet Moth is our nation's symbol. These cufflinks were my father's," Henry adjusted them. "I am quite fond of them."

The dining room was a large, many-windowed room, with a huge fireplace on the wall behind the head of the table. Several servants were already within, and they bowed or curtsied as the two royals entered. Henry walked over to the table and pulled out a chair for the queen to the right of the head of the table, then took his own seat.

Stralend wrote:Joseph took a moment too look around. I cannot decide whether these people are simply rich or are decadent he thought. Joseph turned. "Duke Adenbury, I have come to discuss the level of support you want from our government. I need to know how much subisidies you need, how many weapons shipments you need, and how many of our Special Operatives you need, if of course, you need any at all."

"We can certainly have coffee," Adenbury grinned and tugged on his greying mustache. "Unfortunately, we don't have many sheep in Atnaia, but I can have goat's milk brought in."

Adenbury didn't wait for an answer and pressed an intercom button on his phone. "John, bring in coffee. And tea. And biscuits. And goat's milk."

He then turned back to Heyman. "Now, I can certainly discuss monetary issues, but as for the number of operatives," he held his hands open before him. "That is not my field. I can tell you this about our finances: Atnaia has a remarkably strong economy for a nation of its size, but as you are well aware, this war threatens that on several levels. While I cannot say exactly how much we need to ensure our victory, I can tell you that any and all generosity and support from foreign nations will be accepted and viewed with remarkable joy by our government. You could view it as an investment in future relations, if you wish. I can tell you that Atnaia always repays its friends..."

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:56 am

"Of course, and thank you, Henry." After the Prince took his seat, Helen sat down, and turned to Henry.

"I think it would be prudent if we talked over food, don't you think?" Helen made a very discreet gesture towards the servants. "They are of course, loyal, but the fewer who know, the better."
Dashgrinaar

Stralend
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Stralend » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:57 am

Atnaia wrote:
Dashgrinaar wrote:

Henry led the way towards one of the Palace dining rooms, a smaller one more suited to small gatherings and conversation, as opposed to the grand ballroom or the feast halls. As he moved, he looked at his cufflinks. "The Palace's chefs are some of the finest in the country, and are more than capable of preparing whatever it is you want. As for the cufflinks, well, the Comet Moth is our nation's symbol. These cufflinks were my father's," Henry adjusted them. "I am quite fond of them."

The dining room was a large, many-windowed room, with a huge fireplace on the wall behind the head of the table. Several servants were already within, and they bowed or curtsied as the two royals entered. Henry walked over to the table and pulled out a chair for the queen to the right of the head of the table, then took his own seat.

Stralend wrote:Joseph took a moment too look around. I cannot decide whether these people are simply rich or are decadent he thought. Joseph turned. "Duke Adenbury, I have come to discuss the level of support you want from our government. I need to know how much subisidies you need, how many weapons shipments you need, and how many of our Special Operatives you need, if of course, you need any at all."

"We can certainly have coffee," Adenbury grinned and tugged on his greying mustache. "Unfortunately, we don't have many sheep in Atnaia, but I can have goat's milk brought in."

Adenbury didn't wait for an answer and pressed an intercom button on his phone. "John, bring in coffee. And tea. And biscuits. And goat's milk."

He then turned back to Heyman. "Now, I can certainly discuss monetary issues, but as for the number of operatives," he held his hands open before him. "That is not my field. I can tell you this about our finances: Atnaia has a remarkably strong economy for a nation of its size, but as you are well aware, this war threatens that on several levels. While I cannot say exactly how much we need to ensure our victory, I can tell you that any and all generosity and support from foreign nations will be accepted and viewed with remarkable joy by our government. You could view it as an investment in future relations, if you wish. I can tell you that Atnaia always repays its friends..."

Joseph watched as a young man came in and brought him a glass of coffee and goats milk. Joseph took a long sip and turned back to Duke Adenbury. Looks like I will have to stay longer than he thought with dismay. "For the amount of monetary aid, I will have to contact our own minister of finance which I can do after we have finished discussing another important thing, Weapons. From what ive been told, which is not much, you already use some of our weapons in your military, correct? I need to know whether you want more weapons. Free weapons."

Ostehaar
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ostehaar » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:22 am

"Go! Go! Go!" Mehk shouted as he spotted the men outside of the warehouse. Sara pressed her foot forcefully against the gas pedal and the jeep burst out. "Shit! Duck!" she yelled to the others in the jeep as Brenoke fired, and squeezed the pedal, racing past the attackers and turning left down the block. She navigated through Port Gray's streets towards the docks - To The Amerlin.

Back in the warehouse, there wasn't much Mehk and the others could do against that kind of firepower - Government field agents carried pistols, not assault rifles and flashbangs - A few of them could only survive several minutes against a team of special forces. By the end of the attack, six OVAST operatives were dead, and their commander Mehk Uhdin was lying wounded and unconscious, barely breathing behind one of the computer desks.

At the docks, the remaining six operatives of Taylor Expansion arrived just in time to witness the missile hit The Amerlin, blowing away their chances of escape.

Minister of Defense Aarin Dulikh read the last transmission from Taylor Expansion: "Suppliers to the rebels - Ventlimer. Recon-1 team in Port Gray to counter investigation. Mission compromised - Evacuating."

Speechless, Prime Minister Dorias slowly sat back in his armchair. "What the hell is going on? You're telling me that... Wait a minute," he suddenly stopped and leaned forward, "Ventlimer's fleet is north of Atnaia right now, training!"

"Oh god," said Minister Dulikh, "We should -"

He was interrupted by his assistant, who walked in through the open door of the Prime Minister's office. "Sir, Prime Minister," the man saluted to both and continued, "The Amerlin was struck by a missile fired from the location of one of Ventlimer's ships. It seems Recon-1 attacked our station in Port Gray. We have no confirmed deaths at the moment, but we believe only half of our people there survived."

"Well, that settles it," the Prime Minister determined firmly and turned to the Minister of Defense, "I want options for both retaliation and prevention on my desk by noon. Freeze all assets of Ventlimer's government we may have, and see if there's anything special we need to do about our factories there... We may have to worry about that pretty soon. I'll talk to Dora personally in a minute and ask her to see that Ventlimer is kicked out of the coalition. Aarin, please inform the Vancouvians of this... We may need their help."

"Of course, Prime Minister," said Minister Dulikh, "should we issue a formal statement?"

"No need to. An Oster ship was attacked in Atnaia - Leave coverage of this to news networks. We'll respond after I see what our options are."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents