NATION

PASSWORD

Unified Realm Conference on Trade and Diplomacy (Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hogusho
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hogusho » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Libertarian Governance wrote:We tend not to build inferior combat systems. We build the best of its class and offer that to our customers. Its been a strategy that has worked well over the years. Again I would urge you to buy medium tactical vehicles to support your military. Do you have tanks? Some other vehicles that will help you are the self propelled artillery like the Warhammer and the Spartan MLRS. Missiles are important too with the HGM-RPG, the Aries and the Puma highly recommended.

We are looking for areas to build new defense plants and they are a great way to employ your citizens in high paying jobs. We could begin a subsidiary called LG Defense Systems of Hogusho Inc. Another advantage of a local subsidiary is that the subsidiary and the parent company cnan often partner on unique weaponry.

First of all we would apologize if we ever said that you made inferior weaponry, espcially the Katana MBT is a very like good tank for our country, we are already considering in purchasing around 200 Warhammer howitzers, however we are still in debate about this,

We would sincerely love to have a LG Arms factory in Hogusho, we have lot's of space for you to construct, landtax is quite low since Hogusho is a large country now, we would also provide you with a testing area as a token of our respect, also if you wish to call upon our defense forces to do more co op missions or to inspect developments, feel free to call them we will put everything else on hold,

also we would like to make joint constructions, mainly in our favoured area's the LAV's MRAP's and APC"s section, we believe other countries might also profit from a wider range of milliatry vehicles, we ofcourse share the profits 50 -50, we hope this will explain more, if not feel free to ask,

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:34 pm

Justorica wrote:Justori lit the cigar and puffed on it.

"No, I don't think i've had the pleasure."

You know we have been sort of lax on relations too. Though always amicable we really haven;'t been as close I I would like. What companies are leading the Justorican economy at the moment?
Last edited by Libertarian Governance on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stand up, it's time to rise. It's time for revenge, opposition must die
Chaos, violence, revolution now! - GG Allin

Platinea
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 pm

"No offense, but in my experience, people - especially politicans - abuse history far more than they use it. Too many draw facile conclusions, claim 'patterns' in spite of the obvious complexity of the past, whitewash their ancestors and ignore the good that their foes did. History is important, but it ought to be treated on its own terms." Marta paused. Shit. That's coming out wrong. Not at all what she should be saying. Good Lord, Raquel - Marilena, too, for that matter - would be mortified! She paused, then said, almost mumbling, "I'm sorry about that little rant - I'm a historian by training, so I tend to get a bit, uh, undiplomatic about this sort of thing,"

"Now, getting back to the point, I think we may be able to send a researcher in, given enough of a lead time for training. Platinea does not have much of a space industry; a shuttle mission featuring a Platano member would probably serve as a nice boost to that sector of the economy. We have a lot of the precursor fields - quality electronics and aviation technology, for instance - but never really did much investment in space technology," Marta said. She turned to the other delegates at the table and asked, "So, now that I've discussed a bit of my country, what about you?"
"It's a pleasure to meet you, too, Marilyn. You're looking quite lovely today. Well, right now, there's really only one option for international travelers looking to fly into Platinea: Artigas Airport, in Montevideo. There's no other civilian airports with the runway length required for international airliners. It's a nice airport, and there are plans to set up a new international terminal, beyond the one completed last year. Ah, here you go - contact information, so you can rent gates in the new terminal. The current terminal's fully rented out; the new one should begin to operate in 2011, and be completed by 2014," Jorge said, smiling. This topic he remembered particularly well from Raquel's briefing in the hour before the conference. He handed Marilyn a card - two, actually: one with contact information for the airport, one with contact information for himself. Maybe he and Marilyn could meet up later on, get things happening? Eh, what happened, happened. For now, back to business.

"If you want to partner up with Platano travel companies, you could also start running charter flights. If you give me contact information, and some details on the sort of travel packages your clientele are used to, the Ministry of Immigration and Tourism can put you in touch with appropriate partners. By the way, is the level of service you provided on today's flight comparable to what you'd do for an international flight?"
Raquel walked back into the party. She had wrapped up or set up interviews with six major news outlets across the United Realm, and was getting a bit peckish. She walked over towards the food when something - no, someone - caught her eye. Pappa Nick P? The infamous singer/partier/ruler of Grittonia? The man was a genius of PR. Sure, to those not a part of the media field, he looked like a joke, but Nick P knew publicity instinctively. There certainly would be some opportunities to boost his profile, and improve mutual relations. Perhaps a tour in Platinea could be arranged? She took a glass of wine and a sandwich, and started to amble over in his direction.
Factbook | Embassy Program | Aerolineas Platineas
Artigas Airport | Serena International Airport
Plavia Aviation | RFIs (first step in contracting)
I RP with a population of ~22.5 million.

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:54 pm

Platinea wrote:Snip

Robert smiles at that. You are perhaps right. Then again most rulers are well past idiot on the intelligence scale. There is no need to apologize we value honesty in ones speech here. Personally I wish people would drop the pretenses and speak from their hearts more. Even little ones like these are welcomed into our political process and dialogue. Waving his hand towards the two kids he smiles again. No, no need to apologize for ones believes here. The next space station launch is 4 months away and will go to the OS-5 station. Then there is one a month later to the larger OS-7 station. I will have the space agency get in touch with the embassy to arrange for your nations representative to receive the proper training. He pulls a Lucid PDA from his waist and enters a email then dispatches it the head of the Libertarian Governance space agency.

Some people come and clear the empty dishes from the table. Back to trade. As I am sure you have noticed since your posting LG is a bit different in its relationship towards business. The trade treaty removes all tariffs and gives your nations companies equal footing here. Are there any problems or concerns, I mean are your industries finding success exporting their products here?

We try to provide an exceptional level of comfort and service on our flights. We also value speed of travel which is why we use a complete line of supersonic aircraft on the passenger in. We do also operate some C-9 transports for the cargo arm. Let me get you these. She picks a few brochures and a folder containing an information package and hands them to Jorge. These should help you and they contain all the necessary contact information.

Zalgosia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zalgosia » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:00 am

Libertarian Governance wrote:We tend not to build inferior combat systems. We build the best of its class and offer that to our customers. Its been a strategy that has worked well over the years. Again I would urge you to buy medium tactical vehicles to support your military. Do you have tanks? Some other vehicles that will help you are the self propelled artillery like the Warhammer and the Spartan MLRS. Missiles are important too with the HGM-RPG, the Aries and the Puma highly recommended.

We are looking for areas to build new defense plants and they are a great way to employ your citizens in high paying jobs. We could begin a subsidiary called LG Defense Systems of Hogusho Inc. Another advantage of a local subsidiary is that the subsidiary and the parent company cnan often partner on unique weaponry.

premier Anderson aproached the millitary representation of the libertaian governance, in the middle of what seemed to be a heated debate over the quality of weaponry,this topic interested him, zalgosia was a hard country made all the harder by thousands of years of invasions and internal strife, he would like to see how these softer countries dealt with the busness of war.He made an interjection wih a polite cough "gentlemen, one can argue the superiority of a nations weaponry from the safety of a boardroom at any time, but after all what good is a medium vehicle if it rolls over after a single missile hit or an RPG that can barely dent your enemy's armour...now im not trying to defame the prowess of your millitary strength but from our experience the strenght of a weapon is determined by the skill of the user. after all an idot can turn a sophisticated MBT into smoking wreakage in no time, but in the same vein a highly trained driver can turn a family car into a leathal weapon, having the bigest stick counts, but more important is the man swinging it"
"that is why zalgosian technology focuses on three princepals "survivability, ergonomics and lethality" and how fortunate that we have also brought some samples, and if your equipment manages to surpass ours, trade agreements may be an option...nonetheless of course i am here to represent the millitary assets of an entire region as such millitary alliances are also on the table, now if you would care to excuse my interuption please continue your most interesting debate"

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:07 am

Platinea wrote:snip.

Pappa was drinking the drink that was placed on his table when he saw someone coming to him. Not someone he had met already and she looked to fancy to be waitress, so he guessed she was a diplomat.

''Hur dunka, m'lady. Care to enlighten me with your presence?''
Pappa pointed to the now empty chair next to him and took a piece of cheese.
''I'm sure a lady like you knows how to enjoy the good things in life.''
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
The Grittonian Embassy program!
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!
Hot, Dutch, gay and single!

Grittonia's Law wrote:Everyone is gay, they just don't know it.
One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Platinea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:29 am

"Certainly," Raquel said. She took a sip from her glass, then set it (and her sandwich) down on the table. "It's a real pleasure to meet you. I'm Raquel Montez, and I handle press relations for the embassy of Platinea back in Liberty. To be honest, you're something of a personal hero to me," she said. Another sip from her drink. "You're basically a one-man PR machine. It's impressive to watch." She smiled, took a seat, and held out her hand, a bit curious as to what he'd do with it.
"We haven't yet been doing much exporting here. It's an unfamiliar market, and most firms seem content to stay at home and focus on the consumer market. For now, anyway," Marta said. "Probably over the next six months - sooner, if you can put our chamber of commerce in touch with some of your top-line PR firms - we'll start exporting. We have a fairly well-developed car industry, which could probably introduce decent competition on the low end of the scale - especially if we can take over local factories. We have a quality electronics industry, which should be able to find a niche. We have a fairly good aviation industry, and could probably compete effectively in providing regional jets to your market. And we have, of course, the best beef you'll find, anywhere." Bragging? Maybe. But she had tried the beef here, and it was laughable. The only reason she finished off even half of the portion she took was to be polite. Besides, Platinea had to have something to brag about.
"Speed's good and all, but it was the comfort that made the flight in so good," Jorge replied, smiling. "Hey, do you have a bag or something? I've been collecting a lot of these things."

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:51 am

Platinea wrote:"Certainly," Raquel said. She took a sip from her glass, then set it (and her sandwich) down on the table. "It's a real pleasure to meet you. I'm Raquel Montez, and I handle press relations for the embassy of Platinea back in Liberty. To be honest, you're something of a personal hero to me," she said. Another sip from her drink. "You're basically a one-man PR machine. It's impressive to watch." She smiled, took a seat, and held out her hand, a bit curious as to what he'd do with it.

Pappa kissed Raquel's hand.
''You flatter me. It's a pleasure to meet you too, I believe you know what I do.''
Pappa drank a bit of his drink and nibbled on a piece of cheese.
''Now, tell me Raquel, what can Pappa do for you? And before you think I can't do something you want, I can do alot. I got contacts and I'm flexible.''
Pappa lowered his glasses and winked.
''Just kidding, I have a boyfriend.''
I am a Cultural-Nationalistic Authoritarian Socio-Capitalist. Grittonia's own Pappaïsm reflects that.
Join my quest for World Fame! And my quest to make out with guys from all nations of the world! Sign-up now!

One who automatically claims they are straight without probing are undoubtedly gay.

Gren's Theorem wrote:Everyone is attracted to Grit. Those who say differently simply refuse to acknowledge it.

"Oy vey! All he talked about was parties and sex! And those Perviolosi twins kept tugging at my pants. Get me some tylenol." - Roman Ambassador after meeting Pappa Nick & his entourage

Platinea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:00 am

Raquel laughed. Ah, Nick. Damn, he's good at this. Easygoing, witty, engaging. Certainly knows his audience. She took a taste of her sandwich, sipped her wine again, then said, "Well, you've got a lot of fans, all over the world. Quite a lot in my country, actually. I was wondering if you might want to go on tour in Platinea? We've got some fine venues in Montevideo, Rosario, Corrientes, Puerta Alegre. Fine beaches, too."

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:12 am

''Well, I'm always looking for more people to touch with my music. So, I guess a tour in Platinea sounds good. Maybe get someone to film it, make a DVD of it and sell them. If you want, I can arrange for you to see a show in Grittonia so that you can see how a show is, maybe stay for a few days. Wait, I know how to make it juicy.''
Pappa takes his keys, a bunch of 10 maybe 15 and removes a key.
''This is the key to a room in one of my Penthouses. If you want, you can have it. Your own room in Grittonia, so that you don't have to worry about a hotel. Now, how does that sound?''

Platinea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:43 am

"That would be excellent," Raquel replied. Her assistant could handle press relations for the few days she was away; hell, she was already doing that now, anyway. Besides, she could use a break. Ah, poor Jorge, she thought, eating some more of her sandwich. He's probably bored out of his mind. And imagine what he'll think when he finds out...

"So, tell me about Grittonia," Raquel said. Time to get to know this guy better. And his country, of course. After all, bilateral relations between Grittonia and Platinea could use some improvement. And, she thought, between Nick and I. She sipped at her wine.

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:44 am

''Well, Grittonia has many aspects. Whatever you want, Grittonia has it. From the small agricultural villages on Kyrrpeian to the Glamour of Gritta City, from gambling to church... You need to watch out when speaking Grittonian, because somehow we have more than 200 dialects. But, the people are nice as soon as you know them a little. I guess it's a good enough nation to live in, as I keep coming back.''
Pappa sipped his drink, realised it was his glass was empty and poured another glass in.

Platinea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:51 am

"Sounds like a lovely place. It must be a bit confusing, with all those dialects! Platinea's nice, too. We're small, but we still have quite a bit of variety - the Pampas, the wide-open plains in the south; the Andes mountains in the west; the beaches on our northern coast; and the big cities around the Plate River itself," Raquel said. She finished her drink. "What are you drinking, by the way? The wine they had is decent, but nothing special."

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Platinea wrote:"Sounds like a lovely place. It must be a bit confusing, with all those dialects! Platinea's nice, too. We're small, but we still have quite a bit of variety - the Pampas, the wide-open plains in the south; the Andes mountains in the west; the beaches on our northern coast; and the big cities around the Plate River itself," Raquel said. She finished her drink. "What are you drinking, by the way? The wine they had is decent, but nothing special."

''Platinea sounds quite good. I believe they call it Ecstatic Liqueur. You want some?''
Without waiting on the awnser Pappa took one of the clean glasses standing on the table and poured it in.
''There you go.''

Platinea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:28 pm

"Thanks!" Raquel took a sip. Fruity, but pretty good, all in all. Her phone started ringing; she checked it, and grimaced. Back to work. "Shit - I've got some calls to deal with. LG press. Hey, what floor are you staying at here?"

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Platinea wrote:"Thanks!" Raquel took a sip. Fruity, but pretty good, all in all. Her phone started ringing; she checked it, and grimaced. Back to work. "Shit - I've got some calls to deal with. LG press. Hey, what floor are you staying at here?"

''I'm staying on the 101st floor. I'll be awaiting you visit.''
Pappa lowered his glasses and winked.

Platinea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:29 pm

"Thanks!" Raquel smiled and walked off, leaving the drink behind. Once outside the main hall, her gait - her entire bearing - shifted. In a less chipper tone, Raquel answered the phone and began talking with the latest LG journalist interested in her country's participation in the United Realm conference.

Sivonaa
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sivonaa » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Wait a second. What just happened?
President of Sivonaa, Vlade Kuts

DEFCON[1][2][4][5]- Military level at low, military preparation at a neutral stance.

Armed forces of Sivonaa-
Air Force- 401,568 Pilots
Navy- 509,888 Sailors
Army- 1,002,560 Soldiers
Marine Corps- 400,000 Marines
Coast Guard- 900,812 Sailors
Army National Guard- 800,871 Soldiers
National Security Organization- 781,380 Members

Total Armed Forces- 4,498,049 Members

Former Principalities
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Former Principalities » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:42 pm

That's just Pappa being Pappa.

I think.

Justorica
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Libertarian Governance wrote:
Justorica wrote:Justori lit the cigar and puffed on it.

"No, I don't think i've had the pleasure."

You know we have been sort of lax on relations too. Though always amicable we really haven;'t been as close I I would like. What companies are leading the Justorican economy at the moment?

"Well, we got Orion Auto. Top company in the top industry. Then we got the Casino Monarche, best chain of casinos. The gambling industry is right behind the auto industry. Then we got Justorica Tours. Their the leading tour service in Justorica. And of course my favorite Justorican company, Relaxe' makes my cigars. And it makes my whiskey. Of course it doesn't only make this stuff for me. All citizens can buy their cigars and alcohol."

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Zalgosia wrote:Snip

Mike Stokes listened to the Zalgosian representative intently before responding. You will find LG Defense Systems weaponry to be highly lethal and exceedingly smart. We would be happy to arrange demonstrations of any of our systems. He walks towards Premier Anderson and extends a handshake. Mike Stokes nice to meet you.

Platinea wrote:Snip

I can make a few recommendations of PR firms to work with. Alister Crandell Inc., is about the best. There is Publicity Junkies too and they have had some enormous successes with agricultural campaigns. I have to say your Platinean beef is very good. There is a very big market in LG for quality.

Platinea wrote:"Speed's good and all, but it was the comfort that made the flight in so good," Jorge replied, smiling. "Hey, do you have a bag or something? I've been collecting a lot of these things."

Sure just a minute. She walks a bit to the left and searches under the table. She comes back with a draw string equipped canvas bag emblazoned with the Liberty Airways logo. This should help you out. She holds the bag open in front of Jorge.

Platinea
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Platinea » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:17 pm

"Well, I'll keep those in mind. If you happened to have a contact card or something like that..." Marta said. She really needed to start interacting with the other guests, and soon. LG was all well and good, but they weren't the only ones there.
Jorge took the bag and smiled. Hmm, should he try and stick around, chat her up? Nah. Save that for later. So he said: "Marilyn, it's been nice talking with you. Hope to see you again soon!"

Zalgosia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zalgosia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:19 am

premier Anderson was pleased with how things had turned out, now he would get to see some real action. after his comments the LG defence networks rep had offered for demostrations, that was much better than simply reading test reports and looking at schematics, and as an added bonus the other nations would be vying to out do each-others demonstrations of force.
"well looks like i'll just have to bring out some of the basic level gear, there shouldn't be much contest here" he though to himself

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:11 am

Zalgosia wrote:Snip

Mike Stokes always liked these challenges as they allowed for such effective demonstrations of equipment. Ok, when will you like to attend a demonstrations Premier?
Last edited by Libertarian Governance on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grittonia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Grittonia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:58 pm

As Pappa ate all the cheese on his table, he walked around a bit.
Not like you would expect from a President or in this case a Supreme Ruler to the booths, more like you would expect a man without shame would walk around a restaurant when he didn't know what he wanted.
Pappa strolled around the tables looking at what other people had for snacks.
''That looks decent.''
''That looks quite good.''
''That's gross, even to me and I love Filled Goat's Skull filled with cow brain.''
''Food, nah. Man, hell yeah.''
''That seems quite nice.''
''Food, nah. Woman, I would do her.''
Last edited by Grittonia on Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents