NATION

PASSWORD

There be Humans Coming!!! (ATTN Patrick O'Conner)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 am

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste
Draconid Monarchy of Dyste

O'Conner nodded along with Lavain and laughed at Tynah having fallen asleep.
"Okay then I am going to bed myself Hopefully Rosa will jion me soon."
O'Conner stands up and staggers over to the bed and collapses into it, and he starts to snore loudly.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Dyste
Minister

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dyste » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:12 pm

As the next morning arrived, breakfast was being prepared across Dyste. It was a Dystan tradition to share one's breakfast time with those residing in your home. In most cases, this meant one's family, but in two particular cases today it meant something else...

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

When Patrick and Rosa O'Conner would wake up, they would smell the scent of eggs and meat from the dining room, where Axi-aru and Tynah were already sitting alongside their youngest daughter Tyleh, who had last seen their guests during their visit to the Timocratic Republic that shared his name. "So how long are they staying here again, Father?"

"At least until the leg gets healed up," Axi-aru replied, "But remember that they are here on official business, so they must complete that as well. You do not have a problem with them staying here, do you?"

"Of course not!" Tyleh may have left most of the diplomacy to her parents, but she still enjoyed the visit. "I... I am just getting used to Frenze not being around anymore. For my whole life, he had been here, and now... Father, make sure there is still enough for them! Please do not eat it all!" Grinning a bit, she forgot for a moment how much she missed having her older brother around. Mishera was also present, and attending the warg's chowdown, having gotten used to this food in spite of herself. Hopefully she wouldn't have to stay this way for too much longer...

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

For Lissah, meanwhile, she had to return to the castle to resume her post by noon today, but before then, she at least wanted to give Brandon a nice meal before she had to leave, and thankfully the buffet had given her a good idea of what sort of things he liked. While these foods technically also belonged to the king, he was hardly going to miss any, and it was easy enough for him to replace, so she got to work on getting something ready. Sure, she wasn't a professional chef or anything, but she was sometimes on meal duty with the Black Fangs, so she had some experience in the kitchen, in particular with meat.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
DRACONID AND A MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!
MEMBER OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF CLAWS AND FANGS
Embassy Program
Rulers: King Tyroth, Queen Sarisa, Prime Minister Zihark Jemson
Capital: Valitora
Government Type: Semi-Constitutional Monarchy
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
Founded: Early 15th century
Tech: Lower-tech fantasy (can RP with PT/MT)
Canadian, fan of Video Games (Nintendo in particular) and Tabletop RPGs.
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

Patrick woke up and graoned as the hangover hit him...hard. Next to him his wife stired and mumbling something about consequences before rolling over and going back to sleep. She spent most of the night reading about magic from the book in the library.
He stood up wearig shorts and white shirt.
He graoned again and looked over at Holo the warg. She woke up the same time he did and graoned loudly as well. She covered her head with here paws. O'Conner tried to chuckle but only made his head hurt worse. Then he smells the food and smiles weakly.
"Food I smell food."
O'Conner gets up and follows the smell to the kitchen. He siezes a plate piles it high and starts to shovel it into his mouth unconcerned about anything esle

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

Freeman awoke and felt grate in contrast to O'Conner. He rolled out of bed, in his birthday suit and headed for the kitchen. He saw Lissah cooking and smiled. He snuck up behind her and hugged her kissing her neck.
"Hey gorgues. Nice to see you and even nicer to see you cooking breakfast."
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

Things were certainly odd at any meal where one of the most alert people was Axi-aru. Tynah, like O'Conner, was mostly quiet, having a hangover of her own to deal with. "Maybe next time you should go a little lighter on the drinking, darling? Being a Draconid does not make you invincible." When O'Conner arrived, the Sage could see that he would not be big on conversation either. "Well, I think my wife is not the only one who had a fun night. Shame, while I know our healers have many skills that aid us, I do not think we have one for hangovers, as far as I am aware."

Holo was met with Mishera and Guts (Terror, being Lavian's partner, was with her family instead). The dire wolf looked sympathetically at her, having had the opportunity to drink alcohol in the past. She had made sure Guts had left enough food for her, the battle warg being almost as big an eater as his partner.

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

Lissah, herself not bothering to have gotten dressed yet, enjoyed the affection. "Well, people like us need a fine breakfast. We need our protein, after all." She had an auroch steak ready for them, the beast large enough to provide enough for both of them.

Setting their meals to the table, she sat down, offering Freeman the other seat. "Sadly, I have to get going back to my post in a few hours; being the king's bodyguard is a full-time job. Come to think of it, what's your position during this visit, Brandon? Perhaps I could get you a job around the castle, if you'd like..." she wanted to enjoy her time during this diplomatic mission, and she did hold quite a bit of sway in Dyste to make that happen.
Dyste: A nation of large, long-lived, magic-using dragon-people (Draconids) ruled by a legendary adventurer. Realism? What's that?
Embassy Program
Population: 14,457,200, Draconid Majority (60%), Kobold/Dino/Elven/Pony/Human minorities
I love RP'ing, but note my schedule can be iffy at times. If you want to RP with me, TG me and we can talk.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:57 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

Patrick grunts at Axi and drops several antiacid into his coffee and then down the whole mug swiftly.
"Yes Oh wise sage. I had too much to drink last night. And so did your wife. And now it feels like a herd of elephants is stampeding through my head. And my advancing age is not helping any. I ache everywhere again. And to get this way I used to have to go on a 3 day bender and get in at least 4 fights. Now I just need a night of moderate drinking. I hate geting old."
O'Conner starts to eat, stuffing his face with abandoned.

Holo rolls over and chuffs her gratitude for the food and starts to eat. SHe swears she will never touch the fire water again. She nods her appropriation once again at Mishera.

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

Freeman admired Lissah fit toned body that still manged to be soft feminine and so very lithe and energetic in bed.
"Thanks gorgeous. Eat up"
Freeman sits down at the table and eats.
"This is amazing. You are truly the perfect woman. As for posting. I think we will run into each other quite a bit. I am a trainer so you will be seeing me again. Assuming you want to learn how to work a gun properly. I will also be up at the castle training the guards and briefing them on modern threats and counter methods. So yeah I will you again."
Freeman looks her up and down smiling broadly.
"I see a lot of you."
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

Axi-aru was about to explain ways O'Conner could've dealt with his current issues, but he had enough tact to realize that was not the best of ideas right now, and instead wanted back to his meal, eating up. It was instead up to Tyleh to continue the conversation, "So, um, Sir O'Conner?" Dystans did not use the 'Mr.' title for people or related ones, instead only using more specific titles (such as 'Sage', 'King', 'Sir', etc.), so she wasn't sure it was the proper way to address him. "Are you looking forward to having your leg back? You must have missed having it..."

Mishera, meanwhile, laid on her side, still curious about the warg. She had been an animal for a long time now, and in some ways she had always had empathy towards them more than most people did. But at the same time, animals did not communicate in the same way as people did, making the translating a bit difficult for her, though she hoped to rectify that.

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

Lissah blushed a bit at Freeman's compliments; she flexed her muscles for him. "So I guess we'll be seeing a lot of one another, then. Good! If that's the case, I can see about getting good living arrangements for you at the castle. Naturally I don't always stay here, but my place in the castle is still pretty nice, one of the best outside the king's, in fact." She took a big bite out of the steak. "Well, I do want to try out firearms, my axe is great but not the best at long range. And maybe you can show me some of those other moves again?" She gave him a wink.

Finishing off her meal, she used a cantrip, a minor spell, to clean her plate. "So, you really consider me that great? I'm flattered, of course, but... well, I'm not used to hearing a human say that. Most are intimidated by a woman of my physique, and I know a lot of them are more into the... petite women, I think they call 'em. And that's once they get used to the green skin and fangs. Really, Orcs get a bad rap in a lot of places, so I really do appreciate you seeing past that and seeing what I'm really like." She had in the past had serious issues with her brethren, but time has softened that, and she knew that if there were humans like Brandon around, there was hope for the future after all.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:24 am

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

O'Conner stops shoveling in the food and looks up at Axi-aru.
"Please do not call me Sir O'Conner" O'Conner chuckles "I am not a knight, I prefer my rank of Colonel or Ambassador or Master of the Hunt in this case or I will let you call me by my first name if you so wish. And s for my leg...yes yes I very much looking forward to it. Though the loss of my eye was a bigger handicap than the leg but it will be nice. I need to get back in the swing of things and my start practicing my gunslingin again. I have been unable to reach my previous lofty heights that I once held. And I will able to do some trick riding again. That is always fun...until you fall off and break something important."

Holo finishes eating and eye Mishera. She chuffs at the wolf. She raises her head and sniffs the air and finds the sent of her master. She chuffs again then ambles and follows the sent before finding him and laying down next to him before dozing off.

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

Brandon finishes eating and tries to look around for a sink to wash the dishes in but he keeps coming back to Lissah and staring or more precisely oggling her
"Getting me quarters will be unnecessary. I will be bunking with the rest of the trainers, but I will be free to visit you when I am off duty, and maybe spend the night, and show you some of those moves. And yes I am great with guns especially a belt red machine gun. I can hum and dance the tune of sniping and most other marksmen ship skills as well."
Brandon gives up on finding a seat and just stares at Lissah.
"Well you might find it interesting back home, but it is a hard land. She is most unforgiving and she breed a hard people. See I have trouble finding men to spare with. They are all dead scared of me and with good reason. And I have always found strong independent women attractive. It is hardly interesting to have a woman you agrees with me on everything and expereiced the same things i have. It is all rather boring. But with you I get everything I could have ever wanted. though I may be in a small minority."
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

Tynah was barely awake during this entire conversation, merely nodding as if running on autopilot. Her husband tapped her on the head and gave her a jolt - literally, a small bolt of electricity coursed from his finger to her head - causing her to fall off her chair. "Whuz... wuzzat?!" She jumped up, seeming quite alert now. Not paying attention to much of the conversation, she instead took to petting the three fuzzballs by the table. In spite of Mishera's more advanced intelligence, even she liked to be cuddled every once in a while.

Axi-aru laughed, "Well, I would not call it a cure for a hangover, but it got her up at least. Either way, if there is anything you need to do before we head out, do not feel too rushed, your appointment is in a few hours. However, remember; you will not be able to walk for a while afterwards. How long really depends on how well your body reacts to the treatment; could be a few days, could be a few months."

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

Lissah showed Brandon a scrubbing pad, which got the dishes sparkling clean in spite of seemingly having no water to use with them. Another device the Dystans created to make everyday life easier, it seemed. "Well, finding me in the castle will always be an easy task, if I'm not with His Majesty I'm either at the training grounds or in my quarters, which are very close to the king's. In if you still can't find me, ask one of the staff."

After they plates were cleaned, Lissah put her swimsuit back on, as it was the only wear she had brought with her. "I'm a Paladin, so it's my duty to protect the weak and helpless, but that doesn't mean I don't want to be around strong people. On the contrary, I find it... quite enjoyable to spend time with my equals. It's nice, having someone nearby you know can take care of themselves. Anyways, I guess it's time for us to get back, but again, feel free to see me anytime." Lissah activated the teleportation circle, allowing them to travel back. "And if anyone asks how a celebrate heroine like myself got to notice you, you can always tell them I like a guy who can fight me to a standstill," she winked before stepping on the pad, taking her back to the castle.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:36 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

Patrick snorts at Tynah's antics. Everyday she reminded him of a new recruit, eager, raw and inexperienced. Also just waiting to screw up somehow.
I had been like that one time mused Patrick.
"Okay so i wont be able to walk. Anything we need to do before I lose use of my legs?"

Blackfang Vacation Home
Undellah

Freeman cleans up the dishes nd redress. He checks his watch.
"Oh crap. I am late for formation." He says as he jumps into the teleportation circle cursing.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

Tynah patted her head, mostly having gotten over the sudden jolt, "I cannot think of much, unless you want to do anything with the wargs." She stretched, letting out a big yawn as she came back to her full senses. "It is a shame Guts has not grown enough to carry you around, but I figure I can do the job it you need that!" Given the she claimed to be able to bench-press an elephant, it didn't seem that unreasonable, all things considered.

"Or, you know, we can get him a levitating seat," Axi-aru remarked, "I believe you have some sort of wheeled chair to get around in your legs do not work, yes? We have something like that, only it uses a magic spell to get around. I suppose it is another way our cultures invented a similar solution to a problem in different ways." At this time, he was cleaning the plates himself, using what was known as a cantrip, a spell that required no real effort on the part of the caster. These sorts of spells could be casted indefinitely, without fear of losing energy. "Either way, my wife can help you with anything you need, within reason. So, do not expect much magic out of her." He couldn't help himself with that remark.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Tynah's Living Quarters
Castle Dyste

O'Conner nods along.
"A wheel chair or that levitating one sounds nice. Though I would like a cane or cruntche just in case."
God, I hate the thought of being in wheel chair. Makes me seem so week and fragile.
"And I will be glad to help my husband with whatever he needs." Rosa says steeping in "and I will be sure that my husband uses this levitating chiar and does not try to walk or limp around." She adds eyeing her husband and knowing excatly what is going through his head and that it will get him hurt.
"Alright then. Might as well get on with it." Patrick adds with a sigh.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Castle Dyste

Tynah seemed a little disappointed that the Colonel didn't want to be carried around by her, but everyone who knew her would tell him it'd be a bad idea anyways, considering she'd likely want to fly around a lot wit him. "Very well, we should go to the courtyard for this, I suppose." Tynah and Axi-aru had Mishera and Guts in tow, both seeming to want to come along. Tyleh, for her part, needed to get ready for school.

Getting to the courtyard, Lavian and Terror was nowhere to be seen. "I suppose she has other duties to attend to at this moment," the princess said, not fully aware of the paladin's schedule, "But she should be around the castle afterwards if we need her. Axi, if you please..." Axi-aru formed a teleportation circle on the ground, whisking them away...

Knowledge District
Valitora, City of Life

Unlike before, this time they arrived right at the front of the clinic. "Wow, Axi, great job! Far more accurate than Lavian! How do you DO that?"

The Sage was hardly impressed with his work, "Tynah, my dear, I have worked in the Irthir District for most of my life, I know every part in it. This may be hard for you to believe, my dear, but when it comes to magic, knowledge really IS power. Rosa, if you learn anything from me, it is that. If you expand your mind, the possibilities can be limitless. Now, if you excuse me, I have something to do in the Majak District..." he teleported away, leaving the others to go into the clinic.

Nasir was sitting in the clinic, his 'nursebolds' rushing around getting ready for the operation while his two apprentices, Freyah and Iodun, were with a few other patients, seemingly just check-ups. "Ah, here is our patient of the day," he said, walking up to the group before him. "So, how is the eye? Is it working fine? No other problems, I hope?" He made sure to let the Colonel answer these questions while he looked over a piece of parchment. "The leg regrowth operation will take about five hours to finish; the rest of you are free to either stay and wait or leave for that and come back when it is over. As before, we shall put you into a sleeping trance with that spell, so you will feel nothing during the operation. Before I begin, does anyone have any questions regarding this? If not, we can begin."
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:28 pm

Knowledge District
Valitora, City of Life

The act of teleportation still made Rosa and Patrick queasy but they were getting better at getting over the sensation. The Sage commented on knowledge to Rosa and she just nodded in reply, thinking of her husbands operation.
"Omph" Patrick grunted. "Alright lets get this over with."
And with that Patrick and Rosa entered the clinic with Rosa looking the more nervous of the two. But that was only because Patrick had far more experience.

Inside Patrick smiled to Nasir.
"Yes the eye is working great. And my face has never looked better."
Upon hearing the time it will take his wife shrugs.
"I think I should be here when my husband wakes up. He has a history of reacting negatively when waking up in unfamiliar envroiroments."
"I do"
"I also think he should disarm now. And give it all to me."
Patrick looks a little sheepish and nods with his wife. In short order a nice pile of weapons forms in front of him componsed of knives side arms and ammo and explosives.
"All of it" Rosa insists
"That is all of it." Patrick replies
"I know you have some more."
Patrrick produces one more knife.
"Okay I am ready now and feel comletely naked" Says Patrick.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 pm

Knowledge District
Valitora, City of Life

Tynah laughed at seeing the Colonel's wide variety of weapons, "I think you might carry more than I do! Though I must say you get them easier than I often can, I should ask Axi if he can make me a better way to get ahold of my weapons besides just holding them in my cloak." She was thinking perhaps a bandolier or sash of some kind might work for that.

Nasir displayed no strong reaction to O'Conner's pile of weapons, simply gesturing to the assistants to move it aside. He chanted the same tune of last time, causing boh the colonel and Tynah to fall asleep. "I wonder if she is doing that on purpose or she really is that susceptible sometimes..." regardless, he had his 'nursebolds' take O'Conner into the operating room.

About half an hour later, Axi-aru returned, having a hovering chair in tow, "My apologies for leaving, but I needed to make sure that I got the best chair for the Ambassador." The chair in question looked quite comfy, and while big enough that a Draconid could sit in it, it wasn't too big for a human to properly sit on.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:13 pm

Knowledge District
Valitora, City of Life

Rosa sighs in exasperation as her husband in carted off to surgery. Rosa stares at the pile and sighs again
"Nothing matches his paranoia. Once he tried to hang bullet proof curtains in our house. And he insist on walking around with enough arms on his person to arm a third world country. He even insist on doing it now, even though he is supposed to a Ambassador It is enough to try even the patience of a Draconid. "

Rosa eyed the chair brought and smiled
"I think that the chair is a little to big for my husband, Axi-aru. So is there anything interesting we can do while waiting? They will be a while and i hate to be bored"
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:24 pm

Knowledge District
Valitora, City of Life

Axi-aru lifted the chair and set it to the side; most people tended to forget, with his rotund physique and lazy lifestyle, the Sage was still a Draconid and much stronger than most species. "Well, there are a few places we could in theory visit. Here in the Irthir District, there is the Hall of Knowledge, which is where Parliament is located; as Minister of Education, I of course work there. It used to be our main library, now that is the Crescent Library, founded by our Queen. Or there is my other workplace, the Royal Magic Academy. He could go to the Majak District and do some shopping, or maybe the Rultah District for some performances or art if you are into that. Or we could have a bite to eat if you are hungry...

Noticing some confusion, he realized what the issue was, "Oh, the district names are what you call the Knowledge, Market, and Culture District, respectively. The real names are Draconic in origin, and some of us just call it by the translated names out of habit. I for one try to use the original names; just because we are embracing new ideas does not mean we should discard our older culture, after all."
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:10 pm

Knowledge District
Valitora, City of Life

Rosa ponders the choice of destinations from among the many districts of the capital.
"My natural default choice is theIrthir or Knowledge District, but I find myself very curious about ...well everything. I think want to indulge in some shopping first then some culture. So to the Market then the Culture district or as you call them. Majak and the Majak district. That sounds like fun to me."
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:12 am

Majak District
Valitora, City of Life

After leading Rosa out of the building, Axi-aru suddenly teleported them to the Majak District. Compared to the relatively quiet area they had been before, the market streets were bustling. A veritable rainbow of Draconids walked the streets, checking out the businesses, and by their feet were several less colourful kobolds, seemingly not bothered by the massive size different. A handful of other species could be seen occasionally, but the main two races of the nation dominated the area.

As the name implied, a great deal many businesses lined the streets, with names like 'The Drake Emporium' (With 'Petbolds!' written below), 'Sage's Choice Magic Items', 'Fulmine Electronics', 'Earth Drake Grocery Store', 'The Alchemist's Cauldron', and many more. Notably, a lot of them appeared to have mascots of the draconic variety, kobolds and wind drakes being the most common.

"My apologies for the sudden teleportation," Axi-aru said to Rosa, "But I felt it would save us some time. We can go anywhere you wish, and depending on the store, you may get a discount if I am with you. I have... a certain sway in Valitora, csondering many of the mages who work here trained under me."
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:24 pm

Majak District
Valitora, City of Life

Rosa was unsteady on her feet after the teleporting and looked ill, but she was getting better and quickly shook it off. And then she marveled at the busy street around here and the bussilying market place.
"Fascinating. What wonderful display of culture and economics in action. And look at he biodiveristy as well... forgive me I sound like a scientist ogling an experiment."
Rosa looked over the shops
"I would like to purchase some souvenirs from this trip. I wish to get something for my husband so lets start in a weapon shop and then move on to a magic store and book store for me. Is that accpetable? Also stop by the pet store as well and look. I would like to someday have a pet that can enter my home and does not consume whole deer on a regular basis. Say what you will about wargs, they make a huge mess. Something small and cute would be nice for once."
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:21 pm

Majak District
Valitora, City of Life

Axi-aru already knew a good place for each of Rosa's desires. First, he took her to Terros Blacksmithing, a store run by a burly Earth Draconid, with a equally large Fire Draconid working in the back. "This is where Tynah likes to go for her weapons. Actually, quite a few Royal Knights shop here; it might have to do with the fact that the blacksmith's son, Sir Riks, is a Royal Knight himself. This place makes a large variety of weapons, steel primarily, but mythril, cold iron, and alchemical silver are also used." There were a large variety of weapons on display, but most were sized for Draconids, clearly too large for a human.

Upon request, the blacksmith showed a few smaller weapons, "We sometimes have elf customers, so we figured we should have some weapons in stock for them. If we do not have a weapon suited ready, I am always willing to take requests, but bear in mind that will take me a few hours to make, especially from a special material." In spite of their gruff appearance, the blacksmith had a rather pleasant and friendly tone of voice. "My wife is the one who specializes in weapons for smaller beings, so she should be able to make a fine one for your husband. Magic properties will cost extra, but I suppose the Sage can aid in that."

For the magic items and books, Axi-aru took Rosa to Sage's Choice, "As it so happens, the Sage who chooses is in fact myself! Well, more accurately, there are a few of us who have made contributions to this place. The owner is a former student of mine, so naturally she is only too happy to help you out with whatever you want. Most of the goods here are not for a soldier, Terros would deal with the weapons and armor side of that. These are more what I call quality of life items, like a mead-creating cup, or a wardrobe that can make temporary costumes one of our magic carpets. Plenty of options, just suggest some idea and I see if we have something. As for books, we stock many here, both of the magical and nonmagic variety. All Sages love to read, after all; you cannot become one without that yearning to learn. Queen Sarisa herself wrote a good amount of the books here, even a few fiction novels she had created recently. Apparently she is into crime novels, who knew?"

Lastly, for a pet, there was only one place to go; the Drake Emporium. Unsurprisingly, almost all the pets were dragonlike in shape, though size and habitat varied quite a bit. "This place focuses on the four types of drakes that live in Dyste; you might have seen some during your time here. Fire Drakes I think your husband would like, but he most certainly would not be allowed to have one, a special permit is required due to being dangerous if not handled correctly, and besides, it is almost as large as we Draconids are. Water Drakes are rather large as well, and require a decent-sized tank or pool. Earth Drakes are nice and small at first, but they grow very large. No, what you want is a Wind Drake." He pointed at a blue-grey cat-sized dragon sitting on top of a shelf. "They are quite intelligent and affectionate, and eat mostly grass. And that is the largest they grow. You can even train them to carry letters; for a long while, they were our main source of communication. Wind Drakes are so beloved in Dyste that they are our national animal. They would make a fine choice for a pet, in my opinion."

After all was said and done, Axi-aru took Rosa back to where they first teleported in, "My apologies if I was rather long-winded today, but I rather enjoy teaching people, whether it be about magic or Dyste. I hope you are satisfied with what you saw."
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:43 pm

Majak District
Valitora, City of Life

Rosa peruses the weapons with a detached air.
"While I must admit, violence and wreaking of it is not my specialty, I know my husband well, far better than he thinks I know him in fact. These are nice as far as I can tell. But not what my husband needs."
Rosa taps a slender finger on her lips as she thinks.
"Pat is an conservative individual who follows many of the old values and ways. He is a reader and lover of history delving into often for inspiration and almost idolizing older ways and tradition. He even mastered a few skills from those past eras, such as skills with a side arm."
An idea springs forth and Rosa faces lights up with joy
"Aha. I know the perfect set of weapons. Can you make a set of two hatchets a man can wield, one in each hand, perfect for hand held combat and perfectly balanced so they can be thrown accurately. And an axe. Not just any kind of axe, one both suited for felling a tree or man since Pat does both. It must be strong and durable enough to last a life time. Can you make such weapons?"

In the Sage's Choice Rosa walks around examining everything.
"Do you have any such object that can allow a person to store more items than the original objects volume should allow? Like a purse that can hold the contents of a house or some such. And I want books on magical theory. Enough to stock a library, since that is what I plan on making for myself at least."

Rosa giggles openly at the wind dakes
"Oh what lovely little reptiles. They are adorable and they only grow to the size of a house cat? Perfect. I need a pet and Pat has his wargs, those big messy wolves. I want something small that I can carry and hold. I will take one if you please."

Rosa looks up at him.
"Oh please everything was lovely. Now take me back to my husband please. I suspect they will be done soon and I wish to see him and he will want to see me. I due hope they took my advice about restraining him. He is a bit of a handful when he first wakes up."
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Majak District
Valitora, City of Life

At the blacksmith's, the Earth Draconid nodded, "Yes, we can do that. We can have it done by tomorrow. Either come pick it up or you can have us send it to your residence for a small fee." Axi-aru was paying on Rosa's behalf at the moment, seeing as he had the local currency and she didn't, though later they could exchange some money at the bank for these purchases. As Tynah was a regular customer, they got a discount.

At the magic shop, Axi-aru's eyes lit up when he heard what Rosa desired, "Ah, you want a Bag of Holding!" He picked up a medium-sized cloth sack, "It is, by far, one of the most popular magic items in Dyste, and comes in many shapes and sizes. Do not let its rather drab appearance let you down; I can modify its appearance for you to something more appealing." He also picked out a few magical books for Rosa, in particular some of the ones written by the Queen. "We can get some more later once you determine more specializations, but these will do for now."

At the store, they picked up the Wind Drake that happened to be perched on the shelf, including a few needed accessories, like a Hiryu Grass container for feeding, a satchel for it to hold small items like mail, and a perch for it to sit upon. "Do you have a name in mind? It is important to train Wind Drakes to respond to a name, they will be more receptive to you if that happens."

Afterwards, upon Rosa's request, they returned to the Healer's Clinic, to make sure they were with O'Conner when he woke up...

Irthir District
Valitora, City of Life

When they returned, Tynah had woken up, and O'Conner had been placed on a bed, with a few restraints, especially around his leg, which had been covered in what appeared at first glance to be a cast, but it appeared to be one solid chunk of white mass instead of bandages. "He got out of surgery a few minutes ago," Tynah remarked, "But the sleeping spell is always set to a while afterwards, so in case something is delayed or complications are met there is no issue. Did you two have fun?"
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:10 pm

Irthir District
Valitora, City of Life

Rosa nodded and cradled the wind drake in her arms as she observed her husband sleeping
"I think I will call him...Zephyr. How do you like that?" The wind drake purred " Good now then I am finished with my shopping lets go back I am-"
O'Conner's eyes started to move back and forth rapidly under his eyelids causing the eye lids to warp.
"No don't-" Rosa whispered
And then Patrick started jerking in his sleep as if fighting. The restrains creaked and groaned. Patrick started murmuring
"No...No...I must...go in...damn the fire..."
His jerking grew worse as he fought the restrains. Rosa dropped Zephyr, you squaked and took flight, as she rushed over to Patrick. She grabbed him and hugged him and whispered in his ear. The jerking stopped and he calmed down.
"I think we need to move him back as soon as possible. And find Holo. NOW!!!" Rosa barked the last word in a firm and commanding tone guaranteed to send people running.
Last edited by Patrick OConner on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Dyste
Minister

Postby Dyste » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Irthir District
Valitora, City of Life

The two Draconids looked at one another, "But surely," Axi-aru stated, "Those chains are are magically reinforced to prevent such things. Even a Draconid would have to put a lot of effort to break-" a few more fidgets made it clear the chains were not going to stay on for much longer, "By Bahamut, this man may be too much..."

Tynah growled, "Axi, get us back to the castle already! Holo was in our quarters, so we should get him there now!"

The Sage seemed a bit reluctant, "We are not supposed to teleport people in this condition, Tynah, you know that. Perhaps we should..."

But the princess was far less willing to hear her husband out, "Well, then, there is always the old-fashioned way!" Taking the mattress O'Conner was on, she lifted it over her head and rushed out, spreading her wings and flying in the direction of the castle.

Axi-aru sighed, "I suppose we can meet them there..." opting to teleport; aside from being a slower flier than his wife due to his weight, some of the things they had obtained might fall if he tried to carry them.

Castle Courtyard
Castle Dyste

After Axi-aru and Rosa appeared, the Sage looked out for any signs of Tynah and the Colonel. "For the love of Bahamut, what was she thinking..." they didn't need to wait too long, though, as Tynah could be seen in the distance, flying towards their quarters. "Ah! Tynah, be careful!" The Sage used his magic to open the window so she didn't crash through it. "My apologies, Rosa, my wife can be really rash in such a situation. We should probably make sure she did no break anything... or anyone..." He would have liked to have said this was the only time his wife had done this, but he'd just be lying to himself if he did.
Embassy Program

Patrick OConner
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:09 pm

Irthir District
Valitora, City of Life

Rosa's feet hit the ground and she staggered a little. She was getting used to teleportation so she only felt a twinge of nausea which she got over quickly.
Patrick had taught his wife quite a bit of things one of them was a way to call for Holo.
Rosa took her hand and made a C shape with her thump and pointer and stuck in her mouth. After a minor adjustment of her lips she blew hard through her mouth. A long piercing shrieking whistle filled the building. A howl answers then a loud thud is heard followed by the sound of large paws hitting the floor and Holo appeared around a corner running at full speed.
At the same time Tynah came through the window and landed with Patrick. He was still jerking in his sleep and it was getting worse.
"Holo Pat now" barked Rosa who complied as well and dashed over with the warg. The warg got there first. She leaned down and licked Patrick's face twice. Patrick stilled and reached up to pet Holo who kneeled and allowed it to happen.
"Good girl..." Patrick murmured and smiled.
Rosa watched him carefully as Patrick seemed to settle down.
"Good take him to a bed room and let him rest. Also if you can Make it a dreamless sleep. I will wait by him."
IATA Member

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents