NATION

PASSWORD

Noctur Press Association [CLOSED, Noctur Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:20 pm

The Daily Exile
The only periodical made by Seglandic dissidents, for the free world

Signs of imminent political change-ups, says Dem informer

According to contributions from an unnamed individual high in the Party structure, the political scene is growing tense as officials prepare for the perennial reshuffling of positions meant to prevent internal threats against the government from consolidating.

The inner workings of the Demarchist Party, especially at its murky core, are notoriously obscured from public view. The membership count of the party has decreased over the decades as membership in it transformed from a statement of radicalism and discontent with the old order into the trophy, the privilege it is today. Even membership is no guarantee of actually participating in real decisions, only in the occasional intra-party referendum.

To complicate matters further, the incumbent chancellor, Heinrich Mueller, is known to enjoy a good scheme, and thus his reign has been filled with subterfuge rather than overt shows of force. The publicity trials and purges of old seem to be gone for good. Now, there is only the quiet rearrangement en masse of government positions, as much a product of Mueller's paranoia as his love for intrigue.

And it seems that one of those rearrangements will soon be upon Segland.

The last comparable event occurred in the first months of 2007, when relatively liberal Party members such as Hans Heide with their rock-star personalities were coming onto the scene. Mueller, himself of a much more elderly generation, turned a blind eye to the unpublicized arrests of these opponents. It would have been, and still would be, out-of-character for the entertainment-focused Seglandic media to comment on political happenings. Networks of dissidents and anonymous informers such as that of The Daily Exile provide much of the political commentary on Segland -- and, of course, are totally blocked within the country itself.

The hedonistic parties of the rich and famous in Segland will continue unabated, but the questions beg to be asked: what sorts of new administrators will rise with the coming demotions and re-appointments? Will anything really change at all, and if so, for better or for worse?
Last edited by Segland on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:12 pm

METALS "CRACKS" UNDER PRESSURE
EGG-AND-SPOON RACE CHAMPION FALTERS ON FIRST LAP

December 24th LET 56 Last updated 13:42 Exegrad Standard Time
ImageImageImageImage

TOILESHA, RADIA
The Pro Egg-and-Spoon Race World Tournament has seen a massive and unexpected turn of events after the number one ranked player Leopard Metals dropped his egg in the first lap, causing it to crack.
Number One ranked Egg and Spoon Race player Leopard Metals has unexpectedly lost after the first lap in the Pro Egg-and-Spoon
Racing World Tournament.

Metals - who has a net worth of 1.35 billion Tsenyens, making him one of the highest paid sportpeople in Noctur - was widely expected to cruise to yet another victory in this year's Pro Egg-and-Spoon Racing Tournament.

Disaster struck when Metals appeared to trip slightly on the first lap, causing his egg to fly from his spoon and onto the ground. The crowd was so silent that the crack was said to have been heard in the stands.

"Anyone who bet against Metals stands to make a lot of money from this, given that odds were so strongly against him losing," Said Adam Pikovnik of betting agency Gambling Games. "No one could have predicted this. It's going to turn the Egg-and-Spoon Racing industry upside down."

Leopard Metals has yet to make a public statement regarding his unexpected loss, although a spokesperson said that Metals had been under considerable strain due to personal issues.

Last month The Daily Tabloid revealed that Metals had been involved in a scandal in which it was discovered he had in fact been faithful to his wife - despite a sponsorship deal with a nationwide chain of brothels, who later cancelled their sponsorship agreement.

"Whores 'N More is not willing to stake our company's good name and reputation on a man with such a terrible lifestyle," Said a company spokesman. "We stand for good, traditional, efficient Radiatian values. We cannot condone lifestyle choices such as monogamy and fidelity."

Metals future career in professional Egg and Spoon Racing could now be in jeopardy. Although he has a record 90% win rate, it will require a major improvement in his sporting performance to regain the interest and trust of his sponsors.

This is not the first or biggest scandal to hit Egg and Spoon Racing - in LET 53 Jadomir Rukontz was banned from the sport for life after it was revealed he had been running with fake plastic eggs.

Egg and Spoon Racing is Radiatia's third most popular sport and the Egg and Spoon Racing Industry is worth billions of Tsenyens in Radiatia and worldwide.

- RPNN

Martha (Darku, Mus)
3 HOURS AGO
I am disgusted that this man is a role model for children. How can he possibly go around telling children that love is more important than money? Disgusting!
121 likes

Spooner1762 (Minung, Vatfer)
2 HOURS AGO
I've been following the EASRWT for years and tbh I think Metals is due to retire. He's getting old, he's getting careless and he just doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm he used to.
99 likes

Billiam (Yuesses, New Vashura)
1 HOUR AGO
wen i grow up i wana be a egg racer like lepid metals!!
58 likes

In Other News:

• Segland prepares for leadership transition
  • Fyoderov calls for global end to farming subsidies
  • Radiatia now considered one of the most stable countries in Noctur

© LET 56 Radiatian People's News Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
RPNN is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Mobile Site | Advertise With Us | Ad Choices | Terms of Use | Privacy | Cookies | About the RPNN | RPNN Help | Accessibility Help | Contact Us

Higgins and Brown
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Higgins and Brown » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:38 pm

The Kenilerth Chronicle
December 173 IE / 56 LET

Deputy Prime Minister Powers resigns to Concentrate on Party Role
As his RSD party members prepare to elect a new Party Congress, 3rd Deputy Prime Minister and Leader of the Republican Social Democrats, Justin Powers, has announced his resignation from the Ministry, effective tomorrow. Powers will re-take his position in the Hoindopo and says he wants to work with all caucus members in the interest of party unity. The unusual series of events which led to his taking up office as Party Leader have thrown his leadership style into the spotlight. Previously seen a strongman with a reforming agenda, Powers' own aides concede that he will need to govern the party by consensus - or at least with the clear support of the majority of the Party Congress - in the near future.

Prime Minister Akimoto is said to be unimpressed with the move, though no official word has been given. A member of Powers' party and former leader, Akimoto now has a major vacancy to fill in the Ministry at a time when her Hoindopal majority is most under threat from internal rebellions within both the Republican Social Democrats and the Liberal Party. Some members of the junior coalition partners' caucus are protesting the disruption to government the early RSD primaries are having, and calling for the Liberal Party to cause a new Prime Ministerial Election for a new Hoindopal Majority to form.

Deputy Party Leader and Minister for Business & Enterprise, Sarah Barker, has not resigned from the Ministry. Internal rumours suggest that Justin Powers has asked her to follow his lead and rejoin the Hoindopal caucus. Barker was promoted to the important Business & Enterprise post by Akimoto in October, and is unlikely to be keen on leaving.

Anti-Fascists Fragmenting?
[size=90]The Anti-Fascist Brigade has reported elected a new Committee, to replace those who were killed in the Tithatribali shooting by a long gunman last month. Their new President is Pamela Duff, a radical leftist from the region of Pitzjorol, who has called for armed resistance to domestic fascism in the past. Many prominant moderate sponsors of the group have expressed their disbelief at her election, with several of them withdrawing their membership. The Conference to elect Duff was heavily policed after recent events, and was protested by the Greyshirt movement. With the National Emergency Measures still in effect, no armed paramilitarists were seen or believed to be present at the event. Reportedly, the conference suffered a major split over alternative suggestions as to their new agenda in the wake of the Tithatribali attacks. The group has reportedly endorsed a motion blaming the F.U.N. unequivocally for the attacks, calling for the arrest of all F.U.N. leaders, and blaming state security for failing to protect their human rights. The organisation has also committed to creating a Volunteer Corps of loyal security staff to "do what the fascist-friendly state is failing to do".

Several members left the conference early, expressing anger at what one delegate called, "the pathetic bullshit of the radical left".

Altier Todd Morde of the F.U.N. has attacked the state's presence at the Conference:

"This band of domestic terrorists met today in large numbers and openly determined that my organisation should be wiped from the face of the Earth. They claim to be peaceful, and yet demand that the State do their political bidding, and perform mass illegal arrest to suppress our group. We would laugh, were it not for the huge police presence enabling and supporting these people. They are a stain on our country, and our country's leaders are attempting to assist them in their violent, intolerant agenda. The people of Higgins & Brown won't stand for it, and I won't stand for these threats, either.

If they want to fight us on the streets, and if the police will not do their job... we will crush them under our boots. We are disciplined and loyal, everything they are not, everything they want to rid this country of for their own anarchistic aims. They are petulant children, no more, and they need a good slap."

Algrabadi Vice-President: Treaty is "Set in Stone", We will not retreat.
Vice-President for Revolutionary Affairs in Algrabad, Ms. Arahlia Zayed, has stated that the current Treaty between our two nations is an adequate bedrock for meaningful dialogue, and cannot be rolled back on even by an inch. Her words come following news that military maneuvers by both national militaries in the Buffer Zone are becoming more regular, larger in scale, and closer in proximity to each other.

The paranoia in the Buffer Zone that exists between Higgins-Brownite settlers and more recent Algrabadi settlers (or the returned, as they are known at home) has been passed onto local military commanders, who on both sides are preparing ever more for a sudden outburst of all-out hostilities. The situation is complicated, and militarily bizarre, as both nations manage a series of military bases and outposts across the Buffer Zone, with Algrabadi soldiers occupying a station barely 20 kilometres from our national border in the most extreme instance, and the reverse being true on the Eastern extreme of the Zone. The number of civilians in the zone, however, has tipped in favour of the Algrabadis, after the full settlement of an old Arab city, Al-Qus. It is this "demographic catastrophe" that has added more kindling to the flames of tension.

Higgins-Brownite settlers from the town of Reagan reportedly attacked an Algrabadi military installation with petrol bombs last night - Outpost 54. This morning, the town of Reagan had its power cut, and the Algrabadi military drove a convoy through the area, menacing local residents in an unmistakable show of strength.

President Henrietta J. W. has not commented on matters, but has scheduled multiple private sittings of the Codena for next week, with the topic speculated to be Algrabad.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:35 am

Ignore this post. I meant to quote and pull the template for a new article. I killed this article instead.
Last edited by Hadin on Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Just so you know, this nation, in character, is a highly sexist, highly theocratic, and highly authoritarian state. (Though under the new guy, it seems to be improving a little).

I disagree with a lot of what this nation stands for. It was invented for its intrigue and ample opportunities for satire, not for its ideals.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:22 am

AN OPEN LETTER FROM GREGORI FYODEROV

December 31st LET 56 Last updated 13:42 Exegrad Standard Time
ImageImageImageImage

In an open letter to the people of the Radiatian Federation, President Gregori Fyoderov outlines why he believes that there has never been a better time to be a Radiatian.

President Fyoderov argues that there has never been a better time to be Radiatian.

The new year is a time for reflecting on where we have been, both personally and as a nation, and on where we might be going in the future.

I'd like to say that, as we approach LET 57, I have never felt more confident in the present and future of the Radiatian Federation, and I can honestly say that at no time before us in history has there been a better time to be Radiatian. There is nowhere else in Noctur that I would rather be than here.

It wasn't always this way. As a young boy, growing up under the authoritarian regime of the RPSU, I dreamed of moving to some far off mystical land where I could be free and live my life away from state interference, where there was no such thing as a "correct" opinion and where we could choose to associate, or not to associate, with whom we pleased regardless of the wishes of the government.

Today that dream has come true not just for me, but for all Radiatians - but it was not a foreign nation in which we found those dreams. Instead we brought those dreams to us and created a new nation at home, free for all and free from injustice and oppression.

Who could have imagined, 50 years ago, that Radiatia would someday be unrivalled in economic strength and prosperity, that it would some day become the single most powerful and stable democracy in Noctur and that some day we would become the envy of Noctur and a beacon for freedom?

Don't get me wrong - we are not without our challenges. The economy will always have its ups and downs, there will always be ways we can do better for the less fortunate and there are regions in this vast land of ours still yet to enjoy the economic growth, education and healthcare outcomes that so many of us in the urban centres take for granted.

But if you don't believe me, I suggest you take a look at the rest of Noctur, or skim through the "World" section of your local newspaper - all over Noctur, we are seeing once free nations, I won't name them here, sliding away from democracy and into the grip of authoritarianism. We see civil wars, and conflicts, and starvation and deprivation.

Amid all this global unrest, it has become the Radiatian Federation to whom those who are suffering look to for a better life, and as an example of a better nation. Thousands of people in Noctur have become displaced and are fleeing their homelands for various reasons - be it fleeing religious persecution in Hadin, or civil war in Algrabad, or even from totalitarianism in Segland, and these people who through no fault of their own have found themselves uprooted and in need of somewhere safe to go have looked to Radiatia as that somewhere.

That's why this year I signed an Executive Order that doubled the number of refugees that Radiatia will accept, and which - barring evidence of a threat to national security - stipulated that those refugees who make it to Radiatian land shall be granted long-term sanctuary here.

There has been considerable opposition to this decision - including from within my own party - but I made that decision because I remember 40 years ago when the shoe was on the other foot, when it was Radiatians fleeing for their lives during and after the collapse of communism. The world has done much for Radiatia when we were in crisis - it's time to return the favour.

The story of our nation is an extraordinary one, and one that I take enormous pride in - not jingoistic, slogan-shouting pride, but genuine pride.

We are a nation of slaves who overthrew the shackles of that slavery and became Noctur's greatest democracy, and presided over the greatest economic recovery in Nocturian history in the space of a single generation, through sheer force of will and good old fashioned Radiatian efficiency.

Still don't believe me? Well go ahead, write a comment below, but ask yourself this - in how many other countries in Noctur can you criticise your President publicly, with no fear of retribution? Such nations are few and far between, let me tell you.

I once heard a joke about a Radiatian and a Seglander arguing over which country was better.

The Radiatian said, "In my country, I can march down to Federation Square, go up to the Executive Tower, march into the President's office, pound my fist on his desk and say 'Mr. President, I don't like the way you're running this country!'"

The Seglander said, "I can do that too."

The Radiatian, astounded, said "You can?"

The Seglander said, "Of course, any day I want I can march right into the Chancellor's office, pound my fist on his desk and say 'Chancellor, I don't like the way President Fyoderov is running his country!'"

While it may get a chuckle, it highlights an extraordinary truth - we are the protector of the right to have your own thoughts and your own opinions.

Typically Presidents end such addresses with warnings about the great threat to our values and the need to remain ever vigilant - and while this is true, I'd like to conclude with a slightly different sentiment.

Noctur is in a precarious position - small regional conflicts like that between Hadin and Nui-ta could at any moment engulf the entire region into a war the likes of which haven't been seen since the Isthmus War of LET 1. A bloc of alliances on either side seems to be forming, which have the potential to explode like a powder keg from the smallest of sparks, and doing so would undoubtedly cost millions of innocent lives and could even spell doom for all of us.

That's why it is so important for the Radiatian Federation to give clear and level-headed leadership to Noctur, to show that we won't be coaxed into unnecessary conflicts. But it's why it's also important that we have a frank and open dialogue with all governments, even those with whom we do not see eye to eye. We must be willing to allow common sense to prevail or else we risk catastrophe and certain death.

My plan for peace involves the whole-hearted embrace of globalisation and free trade. It's good for our businesses, and will lift millions of people in poorer countries out of poverty and dependence - which will no doubt lead to better education and more stable government.

We're already part of a global economy now - every time you cook dinner it's with food produced in Nui-ta or Conpatraia or Higgins and Brown, in ovens that were made in Radiatia using technology invented in Crata or Aazeronia, in recipes that you might have found online using a Poldanian made PC.

If we can further expand the global economy we all benefit - and more importantly, by entering into a mutually beneficial trading arrangement with one of our perhaps less friendly neighbours then both sides lose the motivation and incentive for war - if we start feeding each other, neither will seek to bite the other's hand.

And so let me finish by wishing you a safe and happy new year - whether you are Radiatian, Poldanian, Segland, Nui-tan, Aazeronian, Crataan, Conpatrian, Higgin and Brownite, Hadinian or from anywhere else. We are all people and we all deserve a peaceful and prosperous world. Let's work together to build one.

This is the Radiatian century - let's use this opportunity to build a better future for all people.

Gregori Fyoderov is the fifth President of the Radiatian Federation, currently serving his second term following a landslide re-election victory.

- RPNN

Prezh8er99 (Andal, Alayenia)
3 HOURS AGO
i hate dis President. Bring back Keldon Silviu.
32 likes

Softcell (Latiso, Amentra)
2 HOURS AGO
| Prezh8er99
| i hate dis President. Bring back Keldon Silviu.
Dude, are you high!? Do you not remember just how bad Keldon Silviu was!?
102 likes

Prezh8er99 (Andal, Alayenia)
1 HOUR AGO
| Softcell
| Dude, are you high!? Do you not remember just how bad Keldon Silviu was!?
LOL actualy yeah I am a bit high right now. Love living in a state with legal weed yo
12 likes

In Other News:

• Foreign Minister Isaac Lichtenberg refuses to confirm Radiatian monitoring of UNCA conference
  • Conflict on Higgins & Brown-Algrabadi border worsens.
  • Zorbakh man celebrates 50 years of marriage only to learn that he was actually married to a potato

© LET 56 Radiatian People's News Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Mobile Site | Advertise With Us | Ad Choices | Terms of Use | Privacy | Cookies | About the RPNN | RPNN Help | Accessibility Help | Contact Us
Last edited by Radiatia on Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:38 pm

The Republican
Segland's Premier Newspaper

Image Comment (1209)
Image Recommend (7527)
Image E-mail
Image Share
Image Print
Image Reprints & permissions

HUGO NIMITZ DIES AT 94
AN ENTIRE NATION IN MOURNING

January 3, 2016 CE

The Great Man himself has passed away peacefully at his home in Neurmsprung, Wodau. He was 94 years old.

Chlr. Nimitz at meeting in 1972.

Hugo Nimitz spearheaded the Demarchist movement that has come to dominate Seglandic politics for the past 60 years. He oversaw the nation's transition from a war-torn failed state to a prosperous paragon of the first world. Most importantly, he gave hope to a nation that was locked in despair.

The founder's three children, Martin Nimitz, Vespasien Nimitz, and Karoline Hausler, were present by his bedside when he died. He was preceded in death by his wife Ellinor Nimitz, who died of brain cancer in 1998.

Incumbent Chancellor Heinrich Mueller gave a televised address to break the terrible news to the country. "Herr Nimitz was undebatably one of the greatest figures in our history, right up there with Adrianus the Great. The good he did for Segland is inexpressible, just as is my grief. It is a shame that his real death occurred decades ago," he said during the address.

Some have criticized Mueller's comments, particularly Martin Nimitz, the founder's eldest son. In the years since his father's downfall, Martin has been a vocal advocate for Hugo as well as all other dementia sufferers.

Dementia was relatively unheard of in Segland until the late 1980s, when the populace began noticing marked differences in Chancellor Nimitz's demeanor and behavior. His energy and charisma was dissipating, slowly being replaced by a confused tiredness that stunned the nation. Top Party leaders quietly began questioning his ability to lead. In the 70s, no one would have dared speak of deposing the beloved but stern man that was Hugo Nimitz.

But the whispers were now there, and the final straw came in February 1990.

Nimitz was giving a speech to the Relmsenat about his planned health-care reform when, disturbingly, he began to repeat the entire speech over again, seemingly unaware of what he was doing. The event made international headlines, with newspapers in Radiatia cruelly mocking the chancellor. There was only one course of action for the government to take.

On February 20, 1990, the day after the speech, a combined force of military and political officials charily ousted Nimitz. He gave a "resignation" speech from the executive mansion in Ryutsvaag that seemed to contain all of his old charm. Former military commander Jarrod Corlehn was soon sworn in as the new chancellor.

After having been initially committed to a mental hospital, public outrage forced Demarchist leaders to move the dethroned chancellor to his old home in Neurmsprung, where he has been watched over ever since by caretakers and agents of the Internal Security Directorate.

A positive consequence of Nimitz's illness was the increased research into conditions like dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Doctors were able to prolong his life well into his nineties, which is no small feat.

And for a nation constantly derided by the likes of Radiatia and Nui-ta for being "callous" and "totalitarian", a great deal of compassion has been shown to victims of mental illness.

Former chancellor Jarrod Corlehn released a statement that extolled the founder.

The statement said, "Hugo Nimitz was the type of man that only comes around once in a lifetime, and during my tenure as chancellor I tried to emulate the values that he stood for. I sincerely hope that future Demarchist leaders will follow the example he set for all of us."

Nimitz's body is to lie in state at the National Capitol before being buried in the Mausoleum of the Republic in Ryutsvaag. More details about the funeral are yet to be released.

In Other News:
  • Fiete Nikastro and Nico Hass: Who are they, and what do they stand for?
  • Frequency of religion-motivated lynchings increasing
  • First military base in Hadin now at "operational status", says general
Last edited by Segland on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:37 am

NNN - Nui-tan News Network

6.4 Earthquake Rocks Northern Yevzar

CHALJAR, YEVZAR, NUI-TA 12:42 NST/11:42 NZT, January 5th, LET 57

Military personnel have been deployed to areas of northern Yevzar, following a significant earthquake centered in Chaljar, which occurred at 08:12 this morning.

A magnitude 6.4 earthquake rocked portions of northern Yevzar early this morning at 08:12 Nui-tan Standard Time (07:12 New Zanzes Standard Time), destroying several buildings in industrial towns like Chaljar. Aftershocks have been felt in southern parts of Yevzar, and some tremors have even been recorded in the neighboring states of Sangaur and Mercuria.

"It was crazy!" Junir Kalsa, a carpenter whose home was damaged during the quake said. "It was early morning, people were out on the street getting ready for the day, and the next thing you know the whole ground just started shaking. Chunks of buildings started falling down, and people were running for cover. Me, I'm lucky I'd just left the house to go to the workshop. If I'd have stayed home to work today the roof would have caved in over me".

Chaljar is located in a rural, coastal area of Yevzar, far away from the major metropolitan areas of Foroga City or Naeshadi. Although several other small towns in the area reported damage, the total death toll is estimated to be no more than 10-20 people. So far, 2 have been confirmed dead. The injury rate, however, stands at over 200, and is rising. The nearby military base of San Jarahi was affected, but reported no deaths, only a handful of injured, and minimal infrastructure damage.

"We're lucky to have been near San Jarahi," said Haiq Shibaur, who hails from the neighboring town of Zinsr. "Since the military base was close enough, we saw rapid response".

San Jarahi, a base with nearly all forces on reserve duty, has since been switched over to Code Orange (mobilization active/war not declared) for disaster relief purposes. The military base hospital has been inundated with civilian patients, as relief forces search through collapsed buildings for trapped survivors. Resources have already started to be mobilized from neighboring states as well. Emperor Rowan di-Amori has also moved San Gajin (located in Sangaur) and San Ushibria (located in Mercuria) to Code Yellow (high probability of mobilization being required).

The biggest concern now, besides cleanup, is the fact that more may be on the way. Reports from the Nui-tan Geological Survey have state that Yevzar does not lie on a major fault line. Although the eastern portion of Nui-ta is relatively close to the edge of the "Karassian Plate", the state of Mercuria is far closer to the actual fault line, and therefore much more likely to be struck by an earthquake.

"Yevzar is used to getting Mercuria's aftershocks," an employee of the NGS, who spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to speak to the press stated, "but not to being the epicenter of the quake itself. The close proximity of the quake to long-term mining towns like Chaljar, Faustos, Zinsr, and Daohan also indicates that subterranean activity may have had something to do with it".

Tremors in Yevzar have weakened, but not yet died down, which is a warning sign from the NGS that the area "may be at risk for future shocks of a larger magnitude". The tremors also come within a couple weeks of a report by the Ministry of Agriculture, which slammed the state of Yevzar's Industrial Practices for a lack of safety protocol involving both personnel and the environment. Critics of the report, and of proposed heightening of regulation within the state, said that the allegations "only served to hold Yevzar's industrial-based economy back in a time of growth". Proponents, on the other hand, are now citing the quake as a result of what could be in store. If another shock hits the area, and is closer to the coast, it could also result in a tsunami, initiating threats to towns closer to the shoreline that otherwise sustained minimal damage and had nothing else to worry about.

More news on the story will be updated as it develops, as this is a breaking news story, and exact injury and death tolls have not yet been declared.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

In Other News
- Ministry of Agriculture Says "We Told You So"
- Nui-tan Geological Survey Issues Alerts to Coastal Areas of Yevzar, Mercuria, and Eastern Hadin.
- Yevzar's Governor Kulkanni Declares State of Emergency In Affected Districts
- Seglandic Base on Hadinian Soil Now Operational
- Immigration Rates to Radiatia Rise
Someone cares? Okay then. Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

INFP-T personality, quite heavy on the I,P, and T.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:10 am

ELDURA PRIVATISES SOCIAL WELFARE
STATE-FUNDED SOCIAL WELFARE TO BE REPLACED BY PRIVATE UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE

January 5th LET 57 Last updated 20:38 Exegrad Standard Time
ImageImageImageImage

KUELL, ELDURA
The State of Eldura has become the first Radiatian state to entirely abolish its social welfare system and replace it with a private unemployment insurance system.
Eldura has controversially privatised its social welfare system

Premier Terho Järvinen [LCP] signed the controversial Social Security Repeal Act into law this afternoon, amid strong protests from Social Democrats and the Elduran Anti-Poverty League (EAPL) who threatened to take the legislation to the Supreme Court or even appeal to the federal government to have it struck down.

"Frankly, I hate poor people and the sooner they all die out the better," Said Premier Järvinen. "So, when do you start recording for this interview?"

The legislation led to violent confrontations between MSPs in the Elduran State Parliament, with one Social Democratic MSP punching a Liberal-Conservative MSP and giving him a bloody nose.

This behaviour was encouraged by the Speaker of the Elduran Parliament, Nestori Partanen, who rather than rule the assault out of order told the MSP in question, "That's the Elduran fighting spirit there, boy! Words are for nerds!" and went on to admonish the Liberal-Conservative MSP for not hitting his opponent back.

The legislation in question will effectively abolish Eldura's Department of Social Welfare and the 125 Tsenyen per week unemployment benefit in exchange for a large income tax cut, while employees will be encouraged to pay into a private insurance fund which will pay 50% of their income every week for six months or until employment is found, in the event of them losing their job through no fault of their own.

Premier Järvinen said that while the original legislation had called for the Department of Social Welfare to be replaced by a privately contracted insurance firm with compulsory payments into the service, he had encouraged lawmakers to be "bold" with the legislation and introduce a voluntary system "So workers can make up their own minds regarding whether they want to keep their tax break money, or spend it on insurance and make their own decisions on which insurance company they choose."

Critics of the bill argue that it provides little protection to people who become long-term unemployed due to injury or illness.

"This is a terrible and barbaric piece of legislation which leave Eldurans at the mercy of greedy corporations who have the power to deny them unemployment insurance for any reason, such as pre-existing health conditions or even a bad CV," Said the Minority Leader of the Elduran State Parliament, Manu Harvaajami [SDU]. "Not only that but if there's an economic downturn and they can't find employment after six months, what help is there for them? Will the LCP leave them out in the cold to freeze to death?"

Premier Järvinen denied Haraajami's claims, stating that people suffering from long-term illnesses were eligible for the same pensions as retired people, which was mostly funded by federal taxation (the "Keldon Silviu Fund" - a scheme which sees the federal government match state government expenditure tsenyen for tsenyen on education and superannuation).

The Fyoderov Administration rejected calls to federalise the welfare system, with Federal Minister of Health, Education and Welfare Yolonda Rennold stating that it was the adminstration's policy that social services were a matter for state governments, not the federal government.

"The federal government underwrites and underpins many social welfare systems across these 37 states, but the Fyoderov Administration does not believe it would be morally right, or constitutional, for the federal government to intervene in matters that do not concern national security, commerce or trade." Said Minister Rennold in a statement today.

The reforms in Eldura, considered the most extreme reforms to welfare since the collapse of the RPSU, are expected to be watched closely by analysts and economists to see how the experiment unfolds - although most economists doubt that they will be rolled out nationwide. Polaris Premier Stanev Dietrich has previously advocated for a similar system.

Eldura became a Radiatian state in LET 38 and is one of the smallest in terms of landmass and population. The state's unemployment rates are significantly below the national average, with chemical engineering, fishing and gas production all forming major industries.

Citizens are also entitled to a yearly dividend from Chemworks - a gas and chemical company in which the Elduran state government is the majority shareholder, which has led to the state having a lower than average income divide.

- RPNN

Darth Tax Evader (Exegrad, Alayenia)
3 HOURS AGO
Hopefully they roll something like this out across the country. I pay a LOT of taxes, and yet you go to somewhere like Yamman and it's full of welfare queens not doing anything but making babies for free money. Thankfully most of my wealth is offshore where the state and the feds can't get at it, but still....
18 likes

Majeball (Skand, Asgard)
2 HOURS AGO
More bashing of the poor for the sake of "efficiency" and helping the already rich. What is wrong with Radiatia?
96 likes

Economnom (Aizopul, Polaris)
1 HOUR AGO
It's probably worth noting that Eldura, like many of the Arctic states, has a basic income system thanks to the gas and oil industry and the low population. I don't think this would work in, say, Alayenia, but it's not the end of the world that people are making it out to be.
74 likes

In Other News:

• FMoFA preparing to send aid after Radiatian tourist stubs toe in magnitude 6.4 earthquake in Nui-ta. Also, some foreigners died.
  • Windows shattered and roofs torn after large hail storm in Sukai, South Corpshire.
  • Hugo Nimitz finally dead! A list of his top 10 crimes against humanity.

© LET 57 Radiatian People's News Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by Radiatia on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:42 am

SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND GET A FREE TINFOIL HAT!

GIRL TURNED INTO FISH!
FISHERMAN HOOKS MISSING DAUGHTER IN NORTHERN OCEAN!

By Harold Lawson on January 7th LET 57
ImageImageImageImage

JUNON, BAHAMATSU ---- A missing girl has been found on the coast of Bahamatsu after her father fished her out of the northern ocean.

MOST POPULAR:

SUPERNATURAL NEWS:
Experts warn of increased
numbers of dead baby zombies.

HOT GIRL OF THE WEEK:
Saskia Marriner isn't wearing
many clothes and that's fine

WEIRD BUT TRUE!
Pig gives birth to and raises
human child.

A missing girl has been found again, transformed into a fish.

A missing girl from the seaside town of Junon, Bahamatsu has resurfaced - literally - after her fisherman father snagged her on his line last week.

14 year old Cleito Akiyasu had been missing for eight weeks, with local police considering beginning a search operation due to the length of time she had been missing.

"A lot of people go overboard when it comes to missing children, but seeing as it's a girl we don't want to waste too many resources. I don't care what the PC thugs over in Xerconia say, women aren't as valuable to society as men," Said local police chief Armand Denisova. "We kept it low key, a few posters and milk cartons, but we didn't want the feds getting up in arms or the mainstream media turning up and giving Junon a bad name."

In the end it turned out Cleito had found a new life as a fish, living off the coast in the freezing northern ocean before eventually biting onto her own father's fishing rod.

"It be too hard to find any live bait aroun' this time o' year, so I ended up using a CD of some boyband she used to be listenin' to as bait, but I never thought it would get me daughter back," Said Nelson Akiyasu, Cleito's 48 year old solo father.

Mr. Akiyasu said that eight weeks of living away from home, in the freezing northern ocean, appeared to have changed his daughter somewhat.

"Well I was never no good at countin' so I may be wrong, but I vaguely remember her having more arms 'n legs, an' less fins n' scales," He said. "An' also she used to talk a lot. Now she just lies on the ground all day flopping around... no wait that's normal for a teenage girl."

Experts believe that Cleito's altered form may be a result of radioactivity in the northern ocean - Radiatia has used it as a dumping ground for nuclear waste for more than 50 years.

Local residents are acutely aware of the radioactivity of the ocean, which is why the local beach contains multiple signs warning people not to drink the seawater (in spite of TDT's recent expose proving seawater is safer to drink than freshwater).

Cleito's father said his daughter is trying to avoid publicity, and turned down a job in the local aquarium (as an attraction) and said he's considering filleting and frying his daughter as punishment for running away from home, "and also because she's the biggest fish I ever caught, an it would feel wrong as a fisherman to let her go to waste, even if she is me daughter."

Nelson Akiyasu said his daughter always had saltwater in her veins - it seems he just underestimated how much she really had!

© LET 57 The Daily Tabloid

COMMENTS (9)

Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity

Exerdude - 3 hours ago
+1 ImageImage

Is anyone else turned on by women with beards or is it just me? http://beardedbabesxxx.porn.com.rf

Kilye - 2 hours ago
0 ImageImage

i wish u didnt print this then the feds will find out and take the poor girl away somewhere. truth must be out there!!!

BusinessPower - 1 hour ago
-1ImageImage

Click HERE to make your business over 22.4 times more efficient! 100% PROVEN! Not a scam! http://businesspower.scamnet.com.rf

ABOUT | PRESS | TERMS OF USE | ARCHIVES | CONTACT | PRIVACY POLICY | CONNECT | LICENSE
© LET 57 Truth Media Group . THE DAILY TABLOID and related marks are registered trademarks of Truth Media Group. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by:
Blogglogg.com.rf Designed and developed by: Pirate Media Design
While The Daily Tabloid strives for accuracy in all our articles, on occasion our journalists do make mistakes. Therefore we take no responsibility for the quality or accuracy of our articles.
Last edited by Radiatia on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:59 am

STUDY SHOWS 'RADIATIA GREATEST COUNTRY'
ACADEMICS OFFICIALLY PROVE RADIATIA IS GREATEST NATION IN NOCTUR

January 10th LET 57 Last updated 00:39 Exegrad Standard Time
ImageImageImageImage

SCUMBAG, TUVEA
The Radiatian Federaton is officially the greatest nation in Noctur, according to a new study by researchers at Scumbag University in Tuvea.
Radiatia was the only nation to score 100/100

The study, which was led by a PhD student at Scumbag University, measured nations on a variety of metrics to form the first ever 'National Greatness Indicator', which scored nations out of a total 100 - with 100 representing a perfectly great nation.

Zero represented more mediocre nations, while three nations managed to score less than zero. Radiatia was the only nation to score a perfect 100/100, followed by Aazeronia who scored 70/100.

The test tested nations in four categories: Geography - which measured physical size, proximity to major financial centres such as Exegrad, and range of climates; Economy - which measured size of GDP, business confidence, industrial harmony and commitment to freemarket policies; Culture and Lifestyle - which measured the amount of nudity on public television, the number of Greasy Joe's restaurants per capita and the commitment to atheism and Political Stability - which measured whether or not, and how closely, nations' political systems resembled or defended the Constitution of the Radiatian Federation as well as size and effectiveness of military at promoting individualistic and efficient values.

Nations with clean environments were marked down, as a clean environment suggested industrial inefficiency and a nation losing the age old struggle between man and nature, and while some nations were considered politically stable for being allied with the Radiatian Federation, Radiatia was the only nation in which the Radiatian constitution is enshrined in law and therefore the only country given a perfect score.

The study was not without critics - some claimed the study was biased.

"There's clearly an anti-Radiatian bias in this study," Said Ronald Rump, a businessman from Exegrad. "They've capped the score at 100, but we all know Radiatia could probably score 120% or higher if they stopped trying to pander to the feelings of foreigners by making the study 'more equal'."

President Fyoderov acknowledged the findings of the study and said that it "Only confirmed how far Radiatia has come and that this nation has much to be proud of."

- RPNN

In Other News:

• "UFO" spotted in Skorptsch
  • Economists warn "Radiatian economy must be productive as well as consumptive"
  • Guy who writes these headlines thinking of getting new job after being passed over for promotion yet again

Ainotula
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ainotula » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:31 pm

La Patriótica
12 January 75RA
(12 January 2016)

Glorious Leader targeted by Imperialists
Eastern Powers suspected

Reports are coming in to La Patriótica that our Glorious Leader, Vladímir López Obredor, has been targeted in an assassination attempt by an as-of-yet publicly-unknown traitorous organization hoping to spread fear throughout the Ainotulan population.

But have no fear! Our Revolutionary government will soon remedy the situation.

Our 101-year-old Guide of the Revolution has been momentarily incapacitated. The attempt on his wonderful life was committed during his simple dinner of soup, rice, and beans with a cup of water (La Patriótica gaining all this information directly from the official Tertiary Underspokesperson of the Revolutionary Presidential Estate), the assassins having supposedly laced his drink with a toxin which has made him bedridden. It is unknown how long the First Revolutionary has before he is on his own two feet again.

Those bastard dogs! Have no fear.

As we all remember, having been taught his official biography every year of school before we were sent off to our mandatory training programs in the great Ainotulan agricultural industries, Comrade Vladímir first became interested in helping his People from the age of 2 weeks, when he threw his baby rattle at a passing police officer belonging to the oppressive pro-Oriental 'democratic' regime of the old times. At age 26, he met with a revolutionary man from the neighboring oppressive nation of the Radiatian Empire, who gave the eventual Father of the Nation the knowledge he needed to found a Revolutionary state in Ainotula.

The Radiatian man would later die a martyr fighting alongside Vladímir in the Great Revolution (and no, the rumors that the Radiatian man was killed for regretting what he had created are not true; nor did Comrade Vladímir kill the man himself with nothing but his own two hands and a machete; nor does the man's skull sit to this day on Comrade Vladímir's desk in his office). Ainotulans still thank the Radiatian People for this Great Martyr, and continue to hope that the People's Socialist Union will experience the resurgence it deserves.

Eastern powers are considered complicit in this attack on our nation's very lifeblood. The Chairwoman of the National Assembly of People's Power Liaena Hernández Martínez told La Patriótica, "We are quite certain that the terrorist nations of Crata, Faransia, and, of course, Conpatria are to blame for this attack, having aided the rogues. The traitorous Occidental nation of Nui-ta seems to have provided moral support, as they were too afraid of the great Hadinians to take any real action. I take this opportunity to again voice my support for Ainotulan joining of the United Nocturian Cooperation Axis. We need to help our allies in fighting Imperialism around the world, in order to herald the eventual Worldwide People's Revolution."

It is known that in his wise and deliberative manner, the Glorious Leader has not been quick to want to join the UNCA. As any great leader should, he has weighed his options. The rumors that government forces are somehow loyal to Chairwoman Hernández over Comrade Vladímir are unfounded, ridiculous, and unpatriotic, as well as the rumors that she is orchestrating a takeover of the government. Anyone spouting these rumors should be reported to their local Committee for the Defense of the Revolution for reconditioning.

Stand tall, be proud of your nation, and have no fear.
Last edited by Ainotula on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Higgins and Brown
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Higgins and Brown » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:18 am

News2.4.hb
News When It Matters. Opinion When It Counts. Neutrality When Necessary.
Bringing Web 2.0 to HB24! Opinions Opinions Opinions! Goodbye Restrictive Standards!
EVERYTHING --- HIGGINS & BROWN --- INTERNATIONAL --- POLITICS --- CULTURE --- BUSINESS & INDUSTRY --- THE ENVIRONMENT --- SPORT
Our Pick --- Picked For You --- Opinions you'll Agree With --- Other Opinions --- Things you Missed --- #Trending --- In Pictures --- Citizen Videos

hb24.hb/national/headlines
December 174 IE / LET 57

Mass Explusions from Front for a United Nation as Crowds Flock to see new Leader Speak :arrow:
Cows break free from Nui-tan funded farm experiment, reak mild havoc on local road users. :arrow:
Troops close all major roads into Buffer Zone. :arrow:
Powers: I am in control of my party! :arrow:

INTERVIEW: JÚLIAN MÁNARD :!:

Interview: Júlian Mánard
Mánard to be nominated as 3rd Deputy Prime Minister tomorrow.

The Hoindopo may accept or reject the nomination in a straight yes/no vote.

RSD infighting Continues.

Tithatribali, Midhiggins
The Republican Social Democrats are either going through a time of internal reflection, or engaged in all-out Civil War, depending on who you ask. In late last year, Justin Powers was (not really) elected Party Leader without a ballot, after his qualifying opponent Sarah Barker pulled out and accepted the position of Deputy Leader. As furore over the move swept through the left of the party, Powers quit his role as 3rd Deputy Prime Minister – merely 2 months after taking up the position – in order to concentrate on party unity, and boost the chances of his supporters in the ballot that wasn’t cancelled, the election of a new party congress. Deputy Leader Sarah Barker has committed to resigning her own Ministerial position after the final debate and vote on the Enterprise Assistance Bill in the Hoindopo next week. Neither vacancy has impressed Prime Minister Akimoto, who has stressed that RSD party leadership must be engaged, involved, and a part of the government that the party is the largest coalition partner in. More over, Akimoto must now nominate, and get appointed, a new 3rd Deputy Prime Minister, or risk a new Prime Ministerial election in the Hoindopo.

Enter Júlian Mánard: veteran Leader of the Hoindopo who gave up his position as Caucus Leader on the instruction of his new party leader, who wanted to fill that position himself. Mánard hasn’t been the best friend of the leadership however, making repeated calls for the Left to be brought into “Unity Talks” before and after the Party Congress elections gave pro-leadership factions a narrow majority. Mánard has also admonished those on the left who would change the party’s key policies mid-term, however, stressing the importance of fulfilling the coalition’s mandate from the 172 joint manifesto.

Whether as a reward or a one-way ticket out of his hair, Powers has suggested Mánard’s name for 3rd Deputy Prime Minister, and Prime Minister Akimoto will be nominating him tomorrow, for the Hoindopo’s approval. With sparks of rebellion flying around the RSD caucus, it’s not clearcut whether or not he’ll be approved. But if anyone can rally a majority to get a vote passed, it's this veteran legislator.

We met the Hoindopor at his Kenilerth residence, an apartment on the top floor of a Dimian terrace on National Square. From the balcony on which we sit, we are looking directly across at 1 National Square, the residency of the Leader of the National Party. Yet, looking left, we can see the corner of Ministerial House, the megalithic complex in which all Ministerial departments are housed. At the top, above the other buildings in this 6-storey city, we can see the Prime Minister's own floor in the Duncan Building.

"When Bert Forster was in office, he used to joke that I could assassinate him at work, at home, or on the commute, without getting up from my chair." he says, seeing us admire the view. He doesn't mention the current inhabitant, Daniel Fox, with whom the entire RSD leadership has a very strained relationship. But this man may soon be working in the latter complex, and attending cabinet meetings on that top floor. We talked to him about his chances as the cool breeze at 5th floor level tempered the intense Tithatribali summer weather.

Hdpr Mánard, tomorrow you’ll be put forward as the Prime Minister’s candidate for 3rd Deputy Prime Minister to the Hoindopo. How do you feel about your chances?

It is a matter for the Hoindopo in the end. I have been talking with colleagues in the government majority and, while there are indeed some tensions in the coalition at present, my candidacy for one of the Deputy Premiership positions isn’t really one of them. I’ve had many meetings with Hoindopors since I was announced as the nominee, but I wouldn’t like to say what my chances were.

You’ve been in this game for a long time. You’ve surely made many friends in the Hoindopo, particularly as a longtime Leader of the Hoindopo and caucus leader for the Republican Social Democrats?

I first became caucus leader almost 20 years ago, when Prime Minister Davis was looking for a replacement for Frank Feeblishly. Like Prime Minister Akimoto herself, I was one of Peter [Davis]’s younger appointments, and he trusted me to lead the caucus. At the time we were in a 3-party coalition with the Liberals and the Greens, so in many ways things haven’t changed.

I’ve made friends, yes. That’s what happens when you work somewhere for 20 years. But more importantly I’ve become respected, and that’s what gets things done in this business.

You’ve served 3 party leaders, you’re now on your 4th, and two Prime Ministers along the way. Is it fair to say that these people owe you a huge debt of gratitude, and perhaps more?

I didn’t do these things to gain favours, I did them because I believed in the success of the RSD in government, and the things that we were doing. And I wasn’t the only one. Our caucus members felt the same, our Ministers felt the same. So no, there is no debt. I have simply done my job well.

It’s worth noting also that I’ve made many enemies over the years. Often I’ve been the one to say “no”. Not just to caucus members, but to Ministers or other caucus leaders as well.

There was speculation, or an assumption amongst some, that this would be either your last electoral term in office, or that you might bow out as caucus leader when a new party leader took over. Would taking up the Deputy Premiership be a second wind for you?

Well, what we need to remember is that we have a capable and popular Prime Minister who has said that she may step aside in future if necessary to protect the coalition. That’s when you know that there are some internal problems, and the RSD has been experiencing them, rather openly, for a few months now. My party itself has some decisions to make regarding its programme in the future.

I see my role as 3rd Deputy Prime Minister as being very similar to my role as Caucus Leader, but working directly for the Prime Minister: to ensure that our programme and manifesto commitments are delivered, and to maintain our Hoindopal standing so that the government can keep going with that Agenda. I have told the Prime Minister that I will be staying in the Ministry until such time as she no longer needs me. That might mean my work is done, the trials and tribulations are over, and Justin Powers wishes to return to the Ministry, or it may mean that the position of 3rd Deputy Prime Minister is being offered to a United Left Front candidate as part of a reunification of the Popular Front. I don’t know what will happen, but I am very clear in the role I want to play.

And what if the Prime Minister goes, if there is a change in Prime Minister? Would you serve Justin Powers?

I will serve Justin Powers as long as he is my party leader, to whom my allegiance is bound. I am serving him now. When I stepped down as Caucus Leader, it was at his request, and I gladly did it to help him fulfil his goals as Party Leader.
However, should he become Prime Minister, it will be as the head of a party that has a new generation of leadership in him, and heading a new Ministry. There would be no need for me in that Ministry.

You mentioned the RSD’s current programme. You’ve spoken about that before in recent weeks. What are your thoughts on the party’s current disunity and in-fighting?

I think the way the leadership election was concluded was a shame for the wider party. I can understand why Minister Barker did it, though – she felt there was no realistic chance of winning, and she quickly came to terms with that. From her point of view, there was hardly much point in diving into a campaign against the person she would be serving as Deputy Leader anyway.
Stepping away from that, we have the party members, and the voters, who were denied their formal say. Even though the majority would clearly have voted for Justin Powers anyway, they feel disenfranchised. And those candidates, like Kent Morton, who didn’t get on the ballot, they feel they’ve been locked out, and the keys handed to Justin Powers.
Nothing is further from the truth, but it has exacerbated some of the tensions that already existed from the controversy over David Lamont.
All I have tried to say, throughout this process, is that the party’s current programme must remain our agenda until the next election, at least, and that those factions that feel aggrieved by the manner of the leadership election, should be invited into the fold for frank discussions with the leadership. They need to clear the air, and enter into a new trust with one another. But it cannot be on the basis of abandoning our prior commitments as a government.

Do you agree with your party leader, Justin Powers, that to support a return to Wealth Taxation, Basic Income, industrial democracy, etc. all of these demands being made by the left of the party at Kent Morton… Do you agree that to come out now in favour of those policies would doom the party and the current Ministry, and put them into opposition for a generation?

I don’t think Hdpr. Powers has been that blunt, but it is for the two of them to discuss, as I have said.

Is Justin Powers not right to go through the proper channels though? His supporters won a majority in the recent Party Congress elections – the new Party Executive will have a majority of his supporters on it. These are the official organs of outreach, and the membership are saying they support Powers.

And I hope that those who do have a problem with him run candidates for the executive and make sure that their leaders are on it. If that were the case then yes, they can re-establish trust on that body. But let me be clear, the arithmetic of the national executive does not dictate whether or not there is a problem in the party. That problem still exists, and it is up to the new leadership team to resolve it.

Do you think Justin Powers gave your name to the Prime Minister as a way of getting rid of you?

No. Hdpr. Powers knows my feelings, and my strengths. He approached me about the possibility of fulfilling a certain role in the Ministry for the foreseeable future, and I obliged him and the Prime Minister in allowing my name to be put forward.

Thank you, Hdpr. Mánard.

Round-Up of Other Stories

F.U.N. expulsions as crowds flock to see new Leader
Todd Morde has thrown off many of the trappings of leadership that Nicholas Francis kept about his person, including his business suit (replaced with what we describe as "military-casual" attire), television appearances, carefully planned public statements, and now, it would seem, half of the Unity Council - the body of leaders that notionally holds some sway in the organisation. An apparent plot to remove Morde from the notional deputy leadership has led to internal disciplinary proceedings against those accused of disloyalty to the organisation... :arrow:

Cows Break Free from Nui-tan funded Cow Experiment
We all know the Tikkattle, the red furred farm-dwelling animal much loved for its spicy beef by Tadnamis and Setites in particular. But what of its even humbler cousin, the cow? A Nui-tan funded experiment to measure the economic success of cow farming in different countries of Noctur ended in mild havoc last week, when the beasts escaped their enclosure and wandered onto local roads. Many road users, not knowing what the fiendishly black and white animals were, assumed the end times were upon us, leading to mass religious rioting in the small Hicotell district in rural Coald. :arrow:

Troops Close all major routes into the Buffer Zone to Non-Military Traffic
Military spokespersons are remaining tight-lipped about the operation, which started yesterday. More on this story as it is de-classified... :arrow:

Justin Powers: I am in control of the Republican Social Democrats!
Many have suggested the opposite in recent days, as Justin Powers struggles to get his leadership going after his controversial take-up of the position. The Prime Minister is apparently the latest friend he has lost in the last few months, allegedly lamenting that a 2nd Minister, Sarah Barker, is due to resign and help Powers shore up his support in the RSD Caucus. Prime Minister Akimoto, who gave up the leadership at the end of last year, is preparing a shortlist of replacements for Barker, and is apparently not consulting Justin Powers on who from the RSD should be appointed. Amid rumours of increased tensions between the two, Powers said "I am in control of my party, she is in control of the Ministry. They are seperate matters, and we have full respect for one another". Does the Lady Protest Too Much? :arrow:
Last edited by Higgins and Brown on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:29 am

Lux Occulti

Real News - Real Truth - Real Opinion - For the Underground and Expats

Opinion: Why Can't Hadin Decide on a New High-Envoy?

January 14th, Aetas Liberi 24/AN 132/LET 57.

The Hadinian government wants the UNCA-affiliated world (and perhaps even the free world) to think that it maintains a sense of stability. The Rosario Doctrine has brought Hadin religious order, they say. The High-Envoy system is infallible to maintaining this order, they maintain, yet Lucas Labriola has been incapacitated for two months now, and an official change in leadership has yet to be seen. To the government's credit (because we do believe in fairness), the Council of Patricians has maintained a stable oligarchy in the absence of an absolute leader, but this trend can only survive for so long in a system that demands "a chosen voice of God".

So why the hold-up? The answer can be found in a multitude of factors surrounding the current Hadinian climate. For starters, Hadin is doing something new and unprecedented by entering the global stage. An economic partnership is the only way for Hadin to truly maintain its momentum; internal development in the country is starting to stagnate. If Hadin can't outsource its goods to other parts of the world, it will be doomed to fail over the next few decades. Economic recession and depression could have been a very real threat.

Enter Segland: a massive, far more developed country, with various technologies that they're willing to sell to the Hadinian populace. Hadin is the perfect customer: it needs the technology now, more than ever. It can pay for the goods it imports, not only with money, but with raw goods, which are a half-Had a dozen in Hadin, but more and more difficult to find in Segland's post-industrial complex.

Hadin provides the raw metal and construction material: Segland takes it, turns it into a computer, or a mobile phone, and sells it back to Hadin for a reasonable price.

Furthermore, Segland and Hadin have common enemies. Segland and Radiatia have poor relationships, and no one needs to be told how much Hadin and Nui-ta hate each other. A Seglandic-Hadinian alliance is the best way to shake up both Radiatia and Nui-ta, who have been allied for over twenty-five years now. Hadin does not have any fortified bases in Segland yet, but gets military equipment from Segland with enough ease to derive a similar strategic benefit. Segland's alliance with Hadin, and the now-operational Seglandic military base in Hadin, also combats the presence of a Nui-tan military base in Detectatia, and Radiatian military activity in Nui-ta.

Technically, Nui-ta doesn't have a fortified establishment in Radiatia, although it does maintain some activity in the country.

The UNCA agreement also brings a couple new things to the table. For one, Ainotula and Hadin now have emerging relations that could also result in an alliance (and pose a huge scare for Radiatia, given Ainotula's relative proximity to the Federation. A Hadinian military base in Ainotulan soil could also be the opening of a much bigger problem: a Seglandic base in Ainotula --- after all Ainotula has interest in the UNCA agreement between Segland and Hadin, which is being explored by other nations as well.

The same can be said for Algrabad, the nation that has Hadin/Nui-ta-esque relations between itself and the country of Higgins and Brown. Although Higgins and Brown doesn't have formal relations with either Radiatia or Nui-ta (that we're aware of), it does have informal ties to Nui-ta. The two governments have discussed greater co-operation in future years, although what that will lead into, no one knows yet.

One thing is for sure though, with Algrabad also keeping its eyes on UNCA, further escalations between Higgins-Brown and Algrabad could be just as bad as further escalations between Hadin and Nui-ta.

That's a lot of information concerning foreign policy: what does it have to do with the lack of a High-Envoy? Simply put, the biggest issue concerning the selection of the next H.E by the Council of Patricians is that of foreign policy itself. The eyes of the world are on Hadin now: it may not be as important of a nation as big-names like Segland, Radiatia, or Aazeronia --- but even small nations like Hadin face moments where one crucial decision determines everything for years to come. Nui-ta was in a similar situation a quarter-of-a-century ago, regarding the same topic of foreign policy, and we all know how that turned out (i.e. Hadinian War + Nui-Ra alliance).

The big problem is that Nikastro and Hass have vastly different futures to offer Hadin, in this regard and on more domestic issues. The two may be different, but as far as Hadinians are concerned, both come with massive benefits and worrisome baggage.

Nico Hass gets a lot of international flak (and rightfully so!) for being a belligerent. Hass has pro-war beliefs on par with Radiatia's Owen Warsaseck, who was once attacked by another SDU-affiliated candidate as wanting to take Radiatia back to the war-filled days of three decades prior. If anything, Nico Hass might be worse than Warsaseck, because while Warsaseck gave off the vibe as being "all bark, no bite" (and had to compete with President Gregori Fyoderov, whose less militant views carried him to a landslide victory)...Nico Hass is a man with a match in a room full of gunpowder.

If Hass gets the chance to light Hadin's match, all of Noctur could explode.

Meanwhile, Fiete Nikastro also has the potential to be a man with a match, in a room full of gunpowder, but analysts on all sides of Noctur, Nui-Ra, UNCA, and everyone in-between, can all agree that Nikastro is very likely to leave the powder-keg untouched. Nikastro makes no qualms about the fact that he doesn't like Nui-ta, but he's not willing to start a world-war over his distaste for Hadin's neighbor to the south.

Nui-ta's opinions, though, have yet to be gauged regarding how they would handle a Nikastro administration. It's safe to say that PM Medici and Emperor Rowan di-Amori can put worries of war aside if a Hass administration is denied; but Nikastro's unwillingness to pursue a peace treaty (he prefers an armistice) could do nothing more than delay the inevitable. To throw criticism where criticism is due, Paolo Medici hasn't been particularly open to the idea of a peace treaty either; he's another armistice supporter. The only peaceful man in the bunch is di-Amori. Nikastro is also much younger than Hass (by almost 20 years), and with the position of High-Envoy being a lifelong one, a bad Nikastro administration is likely to last into the LET 70s and 80s, while a Hass administration would easily be over by then.

On the other hand, belligerent as Nico Hass may be, Segland's government may be more willing to work with him over Nikastro, the latter of whom sometimes gets criticism for being too dovish. Hass may be a belligerent, but he's a steadfast leader with far more experience and strength than Nikastro has yet to show. While a Nikastro administration would reduce the chance of war with other nations, a Hass administration would easily improve relations with UNCA; enough so that perhaps war may not impact Hadin as bad as one would think.

Let's step away from the topic of foreign policy, and look at the nation of Hadin itself. The nation has a terrible human rights record, with treatment of women at an all time low, and religious persecution at an all-time high.

As far as domestic policy, we really have yet to get a good idea as to how Hadin would change under a Nikastro administration. Fiete Nikastro is quite liberal (for a Hadinian Patrician): he's been known to issue forgiveness, rather than harsh punishments, to religious dissenters. He's also called for more charitable treatment of women, although how much power he's willing to restore to the fairer sex, which could once vote, expect decent employment opportunities, and serve in the military, is still a gray area. He's definitely not keen on giving women "too much" power, as could be seen in his new year's address to the nation, where he spoke about Hadinian society needing women to remain "humble and submissive" ---- even though he did call on men to "give women more respect". He's openly argued for allowing women some legal autonomy, but he's also shown a lack of willingness to re-enlist women, citing the fate of the HFL's Yuvi Haraa, a spokesperson and commander for the militant group who was killed by a DFHI-affiliated infiltrator during the Hadinian War.

He walks the walk when it comes to respect: Fiete Nikastro was married shortly after his return from the UNCA conference in Segland, and Mrs. Nikastro is reportedly treated quite well. She's even been seen travelling with him around the state (which is odd for the wife of an Envoy; the "caged birds" of Hadin, as some feminist critics would say), although some conservatives attribute this behavior to Mrs. Nikastro's blindness, and Fiete's noted protectiveness towards her. By contrast, even conservative Patricians have criticized Lucas Labriola and Nico Hass for their treatment of women; both have been known to marry off their daughters at young ages, and Labriola's wife was a teenager, married to a middle-aged man.

Nico Hass had made it very clear that he does not plan to make any of the advances that Nikastro has planned, and has even turned Nikastro's words against him in some arguments, stating that Nikastro's liberality could undo the conservative fabric of Hadin itself. Despite this accusation, both Nikastro and Hass believe in punishing homosexuality and apostasy (although Nikastro isn't willing to kill people over it).

In terms of economics, Nikastro has no notable pro's and con's, except an inability to compete with Nico Hass on the subject: Has was the primary engineer of the economic terms behind Segland and Hadin's economic pact.

The Nikastro/Hass decision will be a weighty one, with repercussions rippling across Hadin's climate for years to come when a unanimous decision is finally made. Conservatives hope to continue the "success" of Labriola through Hass, reformists hope to see Nikastro replace some out-dated ideas (and keep guns in holsters). Personally, we in the underground just want them both gone.

In Other News: Rufus Sebastino, spokesman for underground Hadinian political and civil-rights group UMBRA, has been confirmed to have been killed in a raid by the theocratic government.

UMBRA maintains strong leadership; Sebastino's fiance vows, "I will not rest until we taste freedom".

Hadin ranks second lowest country in Radiatian-funded study. Why did Hadin score so high?
Just so you know, this nation, in character, is a highly sexist, highly theocratic, and highly authoritarian state. (Though under the new guy, it seems to be improving a little).

I disagree with a lot of what this nation stands for. It was invented for its intrigue and ample opportunities for satire, not for its ideals.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:11 am

The Daily Sun

Kopurauth's Premier News

SPECIAL REPORT: Welcome to the third High-Envoy!

January 14th, Aetas Liberi 24.

The province of Unare is cheering with pride today, as one of their own was formally declared High-Envoy of Hadin by a unanimous vote of the nine Patricians not running for the office.

High Envoy Nico Hass will succeed Envoy-Emeritus Lucas Labriola, who was rendered unfit to continue to lead after a stroke two months ago.

The Hadinian government will continue a conservative path, as Labriola-acolyte High Envoy Nico Hass takes control of the Council of Patricians. The decision comes after numerous calls for a successor to Envoy-Emeritus Labriola, alongside worries of what a Hass-led Council (versus a Nikastro-led Council) will bring to Hadin's future.

Although High Envoy Hass has been criticized for his advocacy of a more hardline, belligerent foreign policy, his domestic handling pushed him past the more peaceful Envoy Nikastro when the votes were in. The decision was still by no means an easy one; the Envoys held 28 votes over the course of time in which the High-Envoy's position was empty, attempting to get the required nine votes to seat either High-Envoy Hass or Envoy Nikastro, who were the two established candidates for the position --- and that was after deciding between High Envoy Hass or Envoy Nikastro in the first place, alongside a couple of other contenders who didn't make the cut.

The simple matter of fact may be that while Envoy Nikastro appeared to many as a more suitable candidate to the world, High Envoy Hass was a better candidate for Hadin itself, and for the UNCA agreement. While Envoy Nikastro is certainly no pushover, eschewing war for reasons of Hadinian national security, rather than for Nui-ta's appeasement, High Envoy Hass's confrontational rhetoric comes as a show of strength for a Hadin that is emerging on the Nocturian stage. Although both Envoy Nikastro and High-Envoy Hass have similar economic views, only High Envoy Hass has the experience to fortify his claims to keep Hadin's economy strong --- he's the primary engineer behind the economic terms of the UNCA agreement.

More liberal voices in Hadin, when it comes to social policy, may well be disappointed to hear that Envoy Nikastro lost the vote. Envoy Nikastro's liberal views on women's rights, education, and the enforcement of law and order appeal to a younger portion of Hadin, many of whom have voiced concerns about the efficiency of a hard-line religious system. The theocratic government was officially brought into power during the tenure of the first High-Envoy, Rosario Labriolla, with his enforcement of the Rosario Doctrine. When High Envoy R. Labriolla died, and High Envoy Lucas Labriola took power, the Lucas Doctrine further pulled society to the right-wing, adding segments about law-and-order enforcement, penalties, and legal handling that weren't present in the Rosario Doctrine. A Nikastro Doctrine would likely have overturned or negated some of the tenets of the former doctrines; a Nikastro Doctrine is now unlikely to be seen for at least the next ten years.

High Envoy Hass, meanwhile, had already stated that although he plans some small reforms to the system, he by-and-large supports continued enforcement of the previous two doctrines: especially the more conservative Lucas Doctrine. Although decreased penalties for first-offenders of small crimes, as well as an added emphasis on rehabilitation and reconciliation, rather than punishment (both of which are adoptions by High Envoy Hass of Nikastro's goals) are expected to appear, the general climate of conservatism in the government is unlikely to change.

High Envoy Hass is also much likelier to be tough on seditionist groups, like UMBRA, an pro-apostasy group which condones barbaric premises as democracy, secularism, hard-line feminism, and homosexuality. A major leader of the group, Rufus Sebastino, was killed in a raid of UMBRA-affiliated apartments in Suile-Blan; the province in which UMBRA has the strongest social-hold. Sebastino was a noted atheist and homosexual, and would easily have faced execution if he had been captured alive during the raid. A crackdown on the group and its ideals by High Envoy Hass will no doubt help upkeep relations with similarly-minded nations of UNCA, who recognize the necessity of authority, and the inherent danger of dissent.

Speaking of UNCA, High Envoy Hass can't be given too much criticism on foreign policy. Although Envoy Nikastro is also a supporter of strengthening ties with UNCA-affiliated nations (like Segland and Ainotula), High Envoy Hass is the more likely candidate to win over Seglandic and Ainotulan authorities with his encouragement of a strengthening of the pact between the nations on both economic and military terms. High Envoy Hass is the most likely to secure an economic and defense pact with Ainotula, which has much higher approval ratings of High Envoy Hass than of Envoy Nikastro. Such a move could set the stage for Hadin to have influence in northern Terra Occident, hopefully stoking some fear in the hearts of the treacherous Radiatians who occupy that same region.

And on the topic of fear and warmongering, while Envoy Nikastro was anti-war (a perfectly understandable opinion to take, considering that Envoy Nikastro's noted primary concern was the potential for mass loss of Hadinian life in an eruption of war between Hadin and Nui-ta), High Envoy Hass is less afraid --- perhaps because in the event that he does start a war, he would be able to call upon domestic and allied resources to soundly win it. In defense of Envoy Nikastro, it is a perfectly reasonable rule of thumb to not pick a fight that one cannot win; this rule may simply not apply to High Envoy Hass.

As of yet though, High Envoy Hass has yet to even address the topic of Hadinian and Nui-tan relations. Despite his want (and potential to win) an armed showdown between the northern and southern islands, Hadin could end up seeing something else entirely; only time will tell.

The Fate of Nikastro

Salutem's favorite son, Envoy Fiete Nikastro, is certainly not to be counted out, despite this loss on the political stage. Although today's appointment of High Envoy Hass comes as a blow to Envoy Nikastro, some tell-tale signs exist in the current political climate to suggest that Envoy Nikastro may yet have his day.

Envoy Fiete Nikastro may still hold considerable sway over the administration of High-Envoy Nico Hass.

It's already extremely telling that the very conservative High Envoy Hass, who was known to be as hard-line on law and order as he was on foreign policy regarding the handling of Hadinian/Nui-tan relations, has adopted some reconciliation-based tenets from Envoy Nikastro's ideological notebook. It's also extremely telling that it took two whole months for the remaining members of the Council of Patricians to unanimously decide on a High-Envoy.

Envoy Fiete Nikastro may lack the experience and showmanship of his elder rival, but the fact that the younger Envoy managed to give High Envoy Hass such staunch opposition does say something about Envoy Nikastro's own power. Envoy Nikastro represents a more liberal generation of Hadinians who sincerely believe that order can be maintained without clinging to every word of conservative doctrine. More importantly, Envoy Nikastro embodies the idea that reforms can be made to the existing Doctrines in a peaceful and smooth transitional manner. If Envoy Nikastro were to take power one day and prove himself to be right, it would irrevocably change the political climate of Hadin; the Council of Patricians may not doubt that he would succeed in this endeavor.

The Council simply has more conservative members than liberals, and may not be ready to accept such a change --- but Envoy Nikastro's ability to seep into the domestic policy of a hard-line rival may well indicate that he is still a man to watch.

In addition, Envoy Nikastro's considerable youth (he turns 45 years old in a matter of mere months) puts him in line to run for the position again. Although we certainly wish High Envoy Hass a long and happy life, it is unlikely that Envoy Nikastro won't still be around when the time for the fourth High Envoy inevitably comes. In the meantime, Envoy Nikastro now has plenty of time to watch, learn, and plan his next moves.

Although this next observation is mere speculation, it is worth noting that the very pro-war High Envoy Nico Hass failed to even address the topic of Nui-ta; his silence on the matter could well be a pull back from belligerence gained from Envoy Nikastro himself. While Envoy Nikastro could certainly be criticized as "dovish" for his advocacy of an armistice against the undeserving Nui-tans, he also raises a good point in advocating such foreign policy: is it really worth it to waste Hadinian lives on our neighbor to the south?

Simply put, Envoy Nikastro may be out of the running for leadership, but he should not be put out of mind as far as the Hass administration will go. He may still hold a heavy hand in balancing out the views of High Envoy Hass on issues where Envoy Nikastro was indeed seen as the favorite son. Considering that the Council of Patricians made it clear that they had considerable trouble deciding between High Envoy Hass or Envoy Nikastro: High Envoy Hass may be well-blessed to listen to his younger rival.
Last edited by Hadin on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:30 am

SCORF STRIKES DOWN ACA
CONTROVERSIAL ANTI-COMMUNIST LEGISLATION DEEMED UNCONSTITUTIONAL

January 16th LET 57 Last updated 22:58 Exegrad Standard Time
ImageImageImageImage

XERCONIA, FCT
The Supreme Court has today passed a ruling which strikes down all of the controversial Anti-Communist Act in a landmark ruling which deemed the act in violation of the Radiatian constitution.
Thousands of people protested when the ACA was passed in LET 53

The extremely controversial legislation was passed in LET 53, amid open support from the Fyoderov Administration and among other things forcibly disbanded the Radiatian communist party and made it illegal to spread "pro-communist" messages through the media.

Critics of the bill said that it was the most repressive piece of legislation passed since the collapse of the RPSU and argued strongly that it violated citizens rights to freedom of opinion.

The legislation was passed in response to the rise of "neo-communism" across Noctur and a so-called "Red Scare" within Radiatia.

The first attempt at a Supreme Court overturning of the bill came in LET 55 in the form of Federal Ministry of Justice vs. Communist Party of the Radiatian Federation in which members of the now disbanded communist party, aided by celebrities and grassroots funding, attempted to overturn the legislation.

However this attempt was thwarted by the lack of funds the group had at its disposal; although Supreme Court justice Daniel Mauer said that "It's obvious that this legislation is unconstitutional and should be overturned," He added that, "Look, unless you have a few billion Tsenyen up your sleeve, don't bother - we're the Supreme Court, we don't do this job for free you know. Someone needs to pay for my third mansion..."

In the end it fell to the corporate sector to bring a case to the court - giant clothing chain Chasm challenged the legislation because it prevented them from selling communist themed T-shirts and merchandise. They were joined in their battle by the proprietors of the RPSU-themed 'Communism World' educational theme park in Midgard (who were forced to change their name to the far less successful 'Capitalism World') as well as by the almighty Greasy Joe's Corporation, who were worried about the effect the legislation would have on profits from its foreign subsidiary Communist Joe's, which operates in markets such as Ainotula.

After it was revealed that the corporates had more than enough funds to grease the wheels of justice, the Supreme Court ruled the ACA "completely unconstitutional" in the case Radiatian Federation vs Chasm Clothing Incorporated, arguing that it violates the right to freedom of commerce as well as "more minor rights such as freedom of opinion and freedom to join a political party".

Conor Schwetz, CEO of Chasm said that, "This goes to prove that our system works - all you need for justice in Radiatia is conviction, principles and the backing a multi-billion Tsenyen corporation. Radiatia is the greatest country ever!"

A spokesman for the Fyoderov Administration stated that the President was "deeply disappointed in the court's decision as communism is a destructive and anti-Radiatian ideology that needs to be stopped."

However the administration said that it will not attempt to repeal the ruling.

- RPNN

In Other News:

• Doomsday Clock moves to two minutes to midnight after Nico Hass becomes ruler of Hadin
  • Gregori Fyoderov: Saint or spinner? - How a media and publicity shy politician has somehow become Radiatia's most popular President
  • Confusing foreign news happens in confusing foreign countries.

Zanzes
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanzes » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:17 am

The Courier

Zanzes's Premier News, Fresh From The Back of An Exhausted Runner

Loyal citizens of Zanzes and followers of Shabrriya Munar are advised to be extremely careful when travelling in the Akshra Do'dha, the mountainous pass connecting the towns of Ni'har and Un'mina. Ni'har is a male-only barracks-town, while Un'mina typically houses women, but also holds young children, and recent fathers.

Soldiers of the Ka'fi, who were travelling through Akshra Do'dha to retrieve young youths from Um'mina of age for the annual "Coming-of-Age" Trials, in which young men and women

"It made a thunderous sound," Ka'fi Iman Hizar, the leader of the group of soldiers reported. "We were sure that the god of the apocalypse had sent one of his demonic minions to carry us away".

Although the men of the Ka'fi bravely shouted war chants and tossed harpoons at the massive bird-beast, the bird flew high enough to evade being struck before letting out one final cry and soaring to the north. One side of the bird displayed a square emblem with black and gold bars --- a banner that ancient manuscripts say refers to an icy land, far to the north.

The Ze'lal, our grand doctoresses and scholaresses, have declared that the banner is likely a sign that the metal bird was summoned by powerful sorcerers in the land to the north, who likely keep such demonic beasts as servants to do their bidding.

"Once," said Ze'lal Rihan Nihara, a high ranking advisor to the local El'fi of the region residing in Un'mina, "before the Fall of Heaven, our grand nation had access to unprecedented technology. Unliving snakes made of metal, thriving on water and coal, traveled established paths to and from Zanzes and her many holdings. Sometimes one can still see remnants of these paths etched into the ground".

"These were unliving, engineered by the brightest of the Ze'lal and Shari, with the sanction of the El'fi and Ka'fi. It would seem that other tribes and nations far from us have found a way to engineer metal beasts of burden that are able to fly and roar, though to what end, we have yet to know".

While the wise Ze'lal Rihan has given us a reasonable explanation, some of the lower o'kar and ku'har of the local areas have begun to panic.

"METAL BIRD!" screamed one o'kar, while carrying her young children to shelter. "METAL BIRD!"

Loyal citizens are advised not to panic in such a foolhardy manner, lest they be considered candidates by the El'fi to sacrifice in the event of the return of this glorious, yet terrifying beast.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:46 pm

FORMER FIRST LADY KILLED IN "TRAGIC ACCIDENT"
CAR ACCIDENT IN MIDGARD CLAIMS LIFE OF PATRICIA FYODEROV

January 18th LET 57 Last updated 17:15 Exegrad Standard Time
ImageImageImageImage

MIDGARD, MIDGARD
Former First Lady Patricia Fyoderov - the estranged ex-wife of President Gregori Fyoderov - has been killed in what authorities are describing as a 'tragic car accident' in Midgard.
It is believed that Patricia Fyoderov's car was caught in the crossfire of a gun battle in Midgard

First Lady Fyoderov - who has retained her status despite divorcing the President in LET 56 - had reportedly delivered a talk in a low decile Midgard school decrying gang violence.

Early reports suggest that the First Lady may have been caught in the crossfire of a gun battle between rival gangs, which caused her vehicle to careen into a nearby building, killing her and her driver.

Midgard Police have said that they will not be pressing charges against either gang at this stage "As this does appear to be an accident" but warned gang leaders that "guns really aren't to be played with and you should be more careful next time."

President Fyoderov released a statement asking for privacy, although several days before the information was made public wrote a bizarre post on CONFERO denying any knowledge or involvement of a "tragic accident". The post has since been deleted.

Gregori Fyoderov (@GregoriFyoderov) Image
Xerconia, FCT
President of the Radiatian Federation. http://www.GregoriFyoderov.com.rf
203 shares
789 favourites
1,923 responses

I have absolutely no knowledge of these events. It was a tragic accident and any suggestion I was somehow involved is utterly ridiculous.

Respond to @GregoriFyoderov | Share with your friends | Favourite this message | Forward | Leave feedback | More

Gregori and Patricia Fyoderov divorced in LET 56, although it's believed there may have been some recent acrimony regarding the splitting of their estate.

While Patricia Fyoderov has remained First Lady officially, most functions have been carried out by their daughter Zoe.

- RPNN

In Other News:

• FMoFA advises tourists to avoid Zanzes after sightings of "metal birds" spark panic in locals
  • New Captain Radiatia movie breaks Box Office records
  • Porn Stars Guild announces strike over pay and working conditions in Das Engel

Conpatria
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Conpatria » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Conpatria • Aceronia • Crato • Higue y Bron • Nueva Yeordia • Nui-ta • Verdón • Radiacia

EL PAÍS
EL PERIÓDICO GLOBAL

Internacional • Opinión • Política • Economía • Ciencia • Cultura • Deportes • Local

Election 2016:
First round completed, Ziortzá & Lieidis go to General

ImageImage
President of the Republic Maia Ziortzá (left) and Senator María Cristina Lieidis (right) will face off in the general election one month from now.

The first ballots have been cast in the 2016 presidential election, and the top-two vote-getters are the two women who have been predicted to go to the second round for months now, but not every prediction has been accurate.

CandidatePartyVote
Maia ZiortzáUSD35.6%
María Cirstina LieidisDemocratic23.4%
José García SáezPopular Front18.7%
Jorge GuerricaechevarríaLiberal14.3%
Róderic OrtegaPC5.1%
Margarita XirguPS2.9%
At first glance, it appears that incumbent President of the Republic Maia Ziortzá has much momentum on her side and is cruising to victory in the General Election one month from now, having gotten the most first-round votes by a very large margin. The second-place spot went to Democratic candidate María Cirstina Lieidis, with 23.4% to Ziortzá's 35.6%.

While touting her apparently large victory, the President and her advisors know that the deck is actually stacked against them at this point. Of all the candidates, President Ziortzá and Senator Xirgu are the only leftists (whose voters are likely to go for Ziortzá), while Senator Lieidis, Mr. García Sáez, and Senator Guerricaechevarría all are conservatives (whose voters are likely to side with Lieidis). The combined votes of the two sides makes a 43.6% potential for Ziortzá and 56.4% for Lieidis. Centrist Mayor Ortega's 5.1% could go either way.

The run-off will also take place at the same time as legislative elections to the Senate and statewide elections in many of the states.

Senator Xirgu's dismal showing came as extremely unexpected to political analysts. The Socialist candidate was expected to get upwards of 10% of the vote, but it seems as if her voters went for Ziortzá, leaving the respected stateswoman trailing the candidates in last place with 2.9%. It's speculated that Xirgu's more moderate views alienated the increasingly left-wing Socialist electorate, with the voters' only other options being to vote for Ziortzá or not vote at all.

The newly-created Popular Front (Frente Popular, or FP) also garnered much attention. José García Sáez once ran for the Democratic Party nod, but upon losing that to Lieidis (and blaming the result on "leftist immigrant voter fraud"), struck out and started the FP. Leftists and rightists alike have denounced the FP's stance on immigration and refugees, which Culture Minister Federica Geilín Sosa (PS) has denounced as "demonizing and marginalizing the immigrants and refugees who peacefully seek to make Conpatria their home and make us a better nation in the process." FP spokeswoman Marisol Hernández defended against the Minister's accusation, stating, "The Minister is not presenting the facts correctly. She says that the immigrants and refugees from war-torn countries like Segland and Hadin and Merrina are "peaceful," when real Conpatrians know this is not the case." (Sources)

With the election two months away, the result is still to be determined. Will President Ziortzá get another five years in office, or will she be unseated by Senator Lieidis? Two-person race polling by El País has shown that in such a matchup, Lieidis gets 49%, Ziortzá 38%, and 11% are undecided. Clearly, the President must make many gains if she wishes to preserve the USD's advances that they have made in just the past five years.
Last edited by Conpatria on Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:52 am

Radiatia's premier left-wing newspaper!
Radiatia | World | Editorial | Features | Sport | Arts

LCP AIDE, FORMER R-SOD AGENT ARRESTED FOLLOWING DEATH OF PATRICIA FYODEROV
WAS THERE A COVER UP AND WHY WERE THE AUTHORITIES INVOLVED?

January 19th, LET 57
ImageImageImageImage

An R-SOD agent and a man believed to work for the Liberal-Conservative Party have been arrested by Midgard police in relation to the death of former First Lady Patricia Fyoderov.
LATEST:

WORKERS IN ARCRICONIA
MARCH AGAINST STATE OF
DETZERTSCHA'S "UNION-BUSTING"
LAWS

FEMINISTS CALL FOR
"PENIS TAX" TO IMPROVE
GENDER WAGE GAP

100 THINGS WHICH
WERE BETTER UNDER
THE RPSU

The Union Star has obtained evidence that Midgard police have arrested, but not pressed charges against, at least 10 individuals, two of whom are believed to have had direct connections with President Fyoderov or his administration.

Patricia Fyoderov - the divorced ex-wife of President Gregori "fascist" Fyoderov - was reportedly killed this weekend after her vehicle was caught in the crossfire of a gun battle while driving through the slums of Midgard City.

Midgard police arrested 10 people who were believed to have taken part in the battle, between the rival gangs the BlackGolds, an overtly racist nationalist gang and the Crispies, comprised primarily of ethnic minorities.

Charges were not pressed, as none of the bullets were directly responsible for First Lady Fyoderov's death, although police issued both gangs with warnings not to "use guns as toys" and to be more careful - the Union Star having of course previously reported on the police policy of turning a blind eye to gang violence in order to allow the lower classes to kill each other off.

While most gang members were aged between 14 and 23 however, two individuals stood out from each pack. The first was 32 year old Jarvis Kristov - who worked as a security guard at the Liberal-Conservative National Convention in Midgard and is believed to be on the LCP payroll. His involvement with the BlackGolds should have been deemed unusual - while we all know the Liberal-Conservatives are a bunch of racist assholes, very few would do so willingly unless instructed to by a higher power.

The second was 28 year old Gojia Haraa - a first generation Radiatian born to Hadinian immigrants and known to be a former R-SOD agent - or so he claims. We don't know for sure that Havaa has retired, or that it's even his real name - after all, why would the Radiatian Special Operations Division retire someone before 30? And why then would they join the Crispies? And why were Midgard police so eager to let all involved go, despite the death of one of the most important women in Radiatia?

It is well documented that R-SOD has a "two free kills" policy for each President or leader, a tradition dating back to Traiyan Silviu (who was of course a former R-SOD agent).

According to one source within R-SOD, Gregori Fyoderov - who was bullied as a child, wasted no time in using his two free kills to get even with former bullies - and this means R-SOD will be less likely to destroy the paper trail, given that he has reportedly moved beyond his two free kills, and is working his way through his fabled "enemies list".

This was no accident, comrades: This was a conspiracy. What did Patricia Fyoderov know about her husband that would spook the authorities so much that they would feel the need to gun her down and then frame it as an accident?

We all know she was on the President's list. We all know he ordered it. The real question is why - and why are the LCP, Midgard Police and R-SOD all conspiring to protect the President?

- Union Star

COMMENTS (1023)

Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity

WinningWimmin - 3 hours ago
+302 ImageImage

I have a cat who got run over where I live in Hillsville, North Corpshire and while I didn't see it happen and have no proof, I know for a FACT that it was President Fyoderov who did it. He is a evil, evil man!

UniversityDude - 2 hours ago
+201 ImageImage

Firstly, let me just apologise once again for being white and a male. I am truly sorry for everything that people like me have done. Secondly, do you think that Fyoderov would have killed his wife if his wife had been a man? I bet you he wouldn't! This is SEXISM, plain and simple!

Tradesman8881 - 1 hour ago
+1002 ImageImage

MSM will be too busy sucking Fyoderov's dick to even notice this.

PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS OF USE | RETURNS POLICY

The Union Star
All Rights Reserved

Owned by our readers
We're a reader-owned co-operative, which means you can become part of the paper too by buying shares in the Collective Press for Advancement of the Workers.

Website designed and Developed by: Orangehands Design Solutions

Published by:
Collective Press for Advancement of Workers
52 Barrett Road
Midgard City, MIDGARD

Higgins and Brown
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Higgins and Brown » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:14 am

The Kenilerth Chronicle
January 174 IE / 57 LET

Two Governors Shot in One Day! Both Survive.
FUN Governor of Pitzjorol Luke Tompson has survived a botched assassination attempt, receiving a gun wound to the shin. On the same day, unaligned Governor of Mortúus Dershel Monet has survived a duel with his own Secretary of Justice Silus Fyoderov, who accused him of killing the First Lady of Radiatia.

A radical member of the new Anti-Fascist Brigade executive was behind the attempt to assassinate Luke Tompson today outside the Governal Manor House in Eros. It is the 2nd attempted assassination of a far-right politician in recent memory in the town, after the attack on Nicholas Francis. Perry Mason had smuggled a submachine gun to a rally outside the Manor House, but was unable to control the recoil as he unloaded on the target. Only one bullet actually hit the Governor, in the shin. Within seconds, Mason was set upon by the crowd. Members of the FUN Greyshirt organisation then opened fire on Mason, killing him instantly. Some observers, wishing to remain anonymous, described Mason's death as an execution. One said "Of course it was, and too right too."

Altier of the FUN, Todd Morde, congratulated security for "putting down an attempted killing", and called the President "a lowly coward" for not declaring the Anti-Fascist Brigade a terrorist organisation. In Colgerugh, later in the same day, an AFB office was firebombed by Greyshirts. Commenting on this, Morde said "We have to defend ourselves. We can no longer rely on the state. If we were in government, this kind of violence wouldn't be happening."

Meanwhile, in Mortúus, Monet and Fyoderov are said to have sobered up, and Fyoderov has reportedly wrapped Monet's hand in duct tape, and bought him a new hat to say sorry.

Mánard elected by Wafer-thin Majority
Júlian Mánard is the new 3rd Deputy Prime Minister, having been approved by a majority of just 6 in the Hoindopo yesterday. Opposition leaders have labelled the process a 'farce', and even some Liberal Hoindopors have called on the RSD to "do something, if they're going to do anything". The party's infighting appears to be thwarting government action, and Prime Minister Akimoto is relying on regular meetings with the left of the RSD caucus to get votes passed in the Hoindopo.

According to some sources, RSD party leader Justin Powers has completely lost control of his caucus, and is digging in his heels. It emerged today that Kent Morton, the new unofficial leader of the RSD left, has been disciplined by the Party Executive for "disloyal statements". Morton was elected to the Executive along with a large minority presence of leftist factions members, but has received a letter of censure after a vote at the Executive itself. According to rumours, Powers challenged Morton and his supporters to walk out of the Executive if they were unhappy with the measure.

Several members of the party, on the left and moderates, have blamed the current situation on Powers attempting to lead a party of government while not serving in government himself. Powers has said that he wants to resolve ongoing divisions within the RSD before considering serving in the Ministry again.

In terms of the next legislative battle: Powers and Akimoto are united in the task to get the Enterprise Assistance Bill passed in the Hoindopo soon, amid rumours of a backbench rebellion against it. Júlian Mánard has taken up the task once more of meeting with left-leaning RSD members who are not responding to the leadership.

President congratulates troops as 4 More Towns Raided
Four more Algrabadi towns have been raided as the RAF moves to crack down on extremism and terrorism in the Buffer Zone. The towns were all located in the 3rd District, and the raids were carried out in a single operation by the 53rd Brigade. Up to 100 Algrabadis have been arrested and detained in the operation, in what President Henriette described as "a success for peace and security". 34 Algrabadi soldiers are reported to have been killed in the operation - the largest military death toll yet. The President's office denied that those figures were true, and denied that the operation was an act of war.

"Like other security operations of its kind, this was done completely within the terms of our treaty with Algrabad."

An Algrabadi General described that answer as "bullsh-t" and reportedly stated that "My men will be avenged!" before disappearing forever from public life and issuing an apology.

President Sediqqa has made nationalistic statements following the operation, and called on Higgins & Brown to return the prisoners.

Next Page: Editorial - President Sediqqa is a commie terrorist, and we should assassinate her if she doesn't shut up.

Hadin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Hadin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:39 am

The Daily Sun

Kopurauth's Premier News

January 20th, Aetas Liberi 24.

The Had-grabadi Humanitarian Agreement

In a reconciliation of conservative and liberal factions of Hadin, concerning some of the country's most pressing social issues, a breakthrough has been made today, as one of the High Envoy's first international policy acts goes into effect.

The nations of Hadin and Algrabad have come to an agreement involving the treatment of men and women in their nations. Algrabad is a matriarchal nation, known for having women in power instead of men (a hangover from Zanzeanic influence). It's also known for being a communist nation, but other than that and the matriarchy of its state, it has been noted that Algrabad and Hadin both have some distinctive similarities. Both are politically sympathetic nations, with ties to UNCA, and both are nations that have been oppressed by the democratic powers of Nui-ta and Higgins-Brown, respectively.

Talks are underway concerning the action that the Hadinian state will take in regards to Algrabad's rightful claims to the Buffer Zone (a strip of politically neutral land). The Higgins-Brown government has been attacking Algrabadi nationals residing within that zone for months, and Algrabad would be justified in an attempt to re-claim that land. The question is not so much whether Hadin recognizes the Buffer Zone as sovereign Algrabadi land (High Envoy Nico Hass has made it quite clear that he does consider it so), but what support, if any, that Hadin could realistically appropriate towards Algrabad.

In regards to domestic situations between the two nations, it has been noted in Algrabad that there are many male adults and children who are interested in emigrating to Hadin for work and schooling opportunities. Similarly, many young women in Hadin have been noted to be more compatible with Algrabadi society than Hadinian society --- these are women who would otherwise fall into the sinful beliefs of democracy and civil disobedience.

By providing such opportunities between nations, this exchange of citizens would create a mutual opportunity for the benefit of civilians of both nations who would otherwise be lacking in opportunity, to do something great for the UNCA-bloc.

"This new program provides a means to reduce civil disobedience," High Envoy Hass said in a statement regarding the terms of the agreement. "By allowing for increased opportunities for Algrabadi and Hadinian citizens to choose some of the terms of their lives, we increase legal opportunities and decrease the dissatisfaction that causes dissent. Furthermore, we make a few lives better in the process".

Algrabadi women and Hadinian men are also allowed and encouraged to participate in the process if they wish, although the primary targets are Algrabadi men and Hadinian women, in keeping with the social structure of the nation.

Unmarried Hadinian women who may be interested in this opportunity are encouraged to contact their local travel bureau, and an Algrabadi embassy or consulate, if they live by one.

Hadin-Ainotula Treaty

Similar to the Hado-Seglandic Axis treaty, the governments of Hadin and Ainotula have solidified an economic and mutual defense treaty. The finer details of military presence by Ainotula and Hadin in each other's sovereign space are being worked out, and construction of a Hadinian military base in southern Ainotula is expected to commence "within a month".

Although Ainotula is a communist nation, it otherwise has a phenomenal relationship with Hadin. The two countries have informally supported each other for years, and a formal alliance between the two would simply solidify a working relationship which already exists. Furthermore, should Ainotula be interested in joining the United Nocturian Co-Operation Axis, it would extend UNCA influence from northern Terra Occidens to southern Terra Occidens.

Ainotula produces foodstuffs and other agricultural goods (like cloth) that Hadin has had a reduced supply of in recent years, as the nation industrializes. In return, Hadin will economically supply Ainotula with industrial products, primarily in the industries of lumber and mining.

As Hadin continues to gain ties around the world, its future looks increasingly bright.
Last edited by Hadin on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:59 am

Interview: Rowan di-Amori Talks Nico Hass

KAURIZIL, SANGAUR, NUI-TA 18:47 NST/17:47 NZT, January 20th, LET 57

Emperor Rowan di-Amori has quite a bit to say on the state of world affairs.

Heads of State and Heads of Government around the world are reacting to the appointment of Nico Hass over Fiete Nikastro as High-Envoy of Hadin. Emperor Rowan di-Amori is one of these, expressing surprising calm in the wake of a High-Envoy who doesn't appear to have any interest in de-escalating tensions around the world.

The Emperor was able to sit for an interview with the NNN, in which he talked specifically about the state of world affairs, and his own opinions and policies concerning what Nui-ta's future in such a world will be. Here is what he's shared.

What is your stance on the appointment of Nico Hass to the High-Envoyship of Hadin?

As Emperor, I see it as just another political event in the world. The reason it is significant is because of the repercussions it could have on the rest of Noctur. I'm not going to step into the business of dictating whom Hadin can and can't choose as their leader. I'm not going to say that High-Envoy Nico Hass isn't qualified to be the leader of Hadin: he was obviously picked because the Hadinian government felt that he would be better able to meet their needs.

My worry isn't that he's been appointed; my worry is how he's going to face the rest of the world now that he's been appointed. High Envoy Hass doesn't appear to have any intention on de-escalating tensions in Hadin, and with Hadin's allies in other countries. The world is splitting into blocs, whether we're happy about that or not. The problem is, some people assume that one bloc is going to emerge victorious in the event of ignited tensions between the two. Envoy Nikastro has some major disagreements and distaste for the Nui-tan government, and he's made that known, but Envoy Nikasto also knew that all the nations of Noctur are sitting on the same ship. If a war of a world-wide magnitude were to erupt, everyone on that ship is going down. High Envoy Hass has yet to realize this, and until he does, his administration is a concern.

What about the threat of war between Hadin and Nui-ta?

This is an issue in which I feel a little more secure, because as Emperor, I can dictate military action. I think there's two main types of war scenarios that Nui-ta and Hadin could potentially be facing, and one of these is much more of a threat than the other --- not to dismiss either of them.

The less threatening scenario is what I call "primary" war, meaning a war that either Hadin or Nui-ta start directly with each other. The reason I consider this less threatening is because while it could happen, it's a lot more in my control, and I'm very much wanting to avoid a war. I don't see any reason to engage Hadin in a war of any kind at this time. I think we're still going to have to be able to sit down at a table and talk our tensions through, and whether or not High-Envoy Hass is as willing to acknowledge that as his counterpart, is not relevant to the situation. It's no secret that Hass would enjoy a war between Nui-ta and Hadin, but he's more of a goader than someone who's just going to start firing missiles at us. Even Hass knows that if he wants support for this grand war of his, he's going to have to take the first punch so that he can justify the war, and that's not something I plan to give him.

Whenever you are faced with a bully like this, the best thing you can do is to make it clear that they aren't worth your response.

Now, I am worried about the "secondary" war scenario, in which Hadin or Nui-ta get sucked into a regional conflict somewhere else, say, to one of the countries to which either of us is treaty-bound. Everyone is paying attention to Nui-Had, but it's not the only regional conflict out there, and in my opinion it isn't the most unstable. As bad as Nui-Had relations are, at the end of the day we can be assured that the Council of Patricians understands the concept of mutually assured destruction. No matter how that war starts, if Hadin and Nui-ta fight a war this time around, it would be very bloody and costly to both sides. I know that both of us have advanced our military equipment and weaponry since the previous war a quarter of a century ago, because modernization is inevitable. I can't tell you the specifics, obviously, but this thing we should be afraid of as far as the scale of potential conflict is going to make the Hadinian War look like a joke.

I also know I'm not the only one to realize this. Envoy Fiete Nikastro's primary argument for de-escalation is that Hadinian lives are on the line too, even with UNCA, even with Segland, even with other powers in UNCA, etc. The fact that it took the Council of Patricians a couple months to side with Hass indicates to me that there are others on the Council who also realize the danger of a war. I believe Nui-ta can hold itself back, and I believe that Hadin will not be letting Hass get as far out with his belligerence as he wants.

But isn't the High-Envoy the absolute ruler of Hadin?

You would think that, but no. He's the highest ranking, but he can be overruled by the rest of the council, especially when we see counterweights like Nikastro who are willing to oppose him where he's wrong. We're monitoring the situation very closely, and we're also talking with the Council, as rarely as we do, to try and get some diplomacy in. If enough people on the Council disagree --- if we can convince them to walk the path of peace --- that's the easiest way to neutralize any threat that Nico Hass poses.

You mentioned that you don't think the Nui-Had tensions are the worst in Noctur. Care to elaborate?

Have you seen what's going on in Higgins-Brown and Algrabad right now? My primary concern, and something else we've been watching very, very closely, is the Buffer Zone problem. Hadin has yet to declare exactly what kind of action and stance they take on the Buffer Zone, but it's safe to say that they favor Algrabad. If tensions erupt there, which is far more likely to be the case as we've already seen violence between the two nations, which Nui-Had still hasn't come to and hopefully won't, Hadin may be entering a war.

We're not treaty-bound to Higgins-Brown, but some informal ties and mutual interests exist, so while I can't say that I would see Nui-ta also entering such a conflict on behalf of Higgins-Brown, I can't say that we're gonna be able to turn a blind eye to it either.

What about the recent talks of an alliance with Poldania?

Sine the appointment of Nico Hass, Poldania has shifted to what people are calling the Nui-Ra bloc. I will give UNCA this, they have a cooler name...anyway....so Poldania has shifted towards Radiatian and Nui-tan interests. Treaty talks are likely going to be in the works quite soon, and I know that President Cesare has already commenced some talks with Prime Minister Medici. We're still in the very early stages of that interaction, so there's not much else that can be said for Poldania yet. It would definitely be a good thing to have Poldania as an ally; it's a very strong and admirable nation with pro Nui-ta and pro-Radiatia sentiments in the populace, and the same for Poldanians out here in Nui-ta. We've had an informal relationship with Poldania enough for years that we provided Poldania with non-combat support in the Merrian War.

But see that's the thing --- Merrina and Poldania now also become another point of contention, because with Poldania aligned "against" UNCA, Merrina will likely go towards it. Another regional standoff. Another fuse for the powder-keg.

Do you think it's strange that the Radiatian Federation has been noticeably silent on the matter of Nico Hass?

I can't begin to imagine what President Fyoderov must have on his plate given the recent goings on in Midgard. I hope we hear from him soon. I think it would reassure much of the world, not just Radiatia or Nui-ta, to know where a Nocturian superpower stands on this issue precisely.

I only know that they, like us, are monitoring the situation.

Lastly, what do you think would salvage the international situation. Can it even be salvaged?

I'm hoping for the best and preparing for the worst, I suppose you could say. I do believe that there must be some way to inspire some kind of peace in the world, or at least de-escalate things to the point where we're not worried about violence. It's one thing when diplomats yell at each other over phone-conferences, but it's another thing entirely to start seeing military action.

It would take an act of great stratagem to find a way to shut down Nui-Had, or at least offer some kind of truce to prevent from an immediate explosion. If there was a way...and I'm looking for a way...to slow things down enough where the saner elements of both our nations can kick in and pull each other back, that would be a saving grace for the Karasian archipelago. As for the rest of the world, I can't say. The web of alliances is increasingly making it to where there's gonna be something --- the question is what, and how much damage control can be provided?

In Other News
- The Fyoderov Family: what will life be like after Patricia?
- Hadin forms agreements with Algrabad and Ainotula.
- Nui-ta to attempt to establish contact with Zanzes?
- OPINION: Nui-ta should stand against Higgins-Brown, not for it.
- Conpatrian elections underway.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:25 am

FEDS OPEN MURDER INVESTIGATION OVER DEATH OF FIRST LADY
PRESIDENT FYODEROV QUESTIONED BY POLICE

January 21st LET 57 Last updated 22:04 Exegrad Standard Time
ImageImageImageImage

XERCONIA, FCT
The federal police agency has officially announced that they believe that Patricia Fyoderov was murdered, with 10 arrests made and serious charges laid.
President Fyoderov became angry at a press conference after being repeatedly asked about the death of his ex-wife

Initially ruled by Midgard Police as an "accidental death", the FPA became involved after an anonymous tipster reportedly revealed information linking former LCP security guard Jarvis Kristov (apparently a member of the notorious BlackGolds street gang) with an ethnic Hadinian former R-SOD agent reportedly named Gojia Haraa (supposedly a member of Crispies gang).

"In light of the information we have been given, it appears that former First Lady Patricia Fyoderov may have been the target of an orchestrated conspiracy to murder her, something that two of the ten defendants appear to have been aware of," Said Federal Police Agency Chief Commissioner Gary Byron. "10 arrests have been made, and two people have been charged with first degree murder."

All ten, including Kristov and Haraa, have pleaded Innocent in an initial court appearance. If found Not Innocent, then Kristov and Haraa could face maximum penalties of life imprisonment or even the death penalty.

In a shocking turn of events, Haraa (whose real name remains classified) claimed that he killed Mrs Fyoderov as part of an R-SOD mission, with Kristov claiming that he was contracted by R-SOD to carry out the "execution".

This defence has yet to be corroborated by anyone from the Radiatian Special Operations Division, however if accepted would see all 10 members of the ring acquitted - with legal immunity existing for contract killers if sanctioned by R-SOD.

This defence would have serious ramifications for the President, however: the National Security Act states that R-SOD cannot carry out any assassination without the approval of the Covert Operations Committee (which consists of people such as the President, Vice President, National Security Advisor and key members of Parliament) - and that assassinating a Radiatian citizen is highly illegal. Legal experts said that it could be argued that the driver (an immigrant) could have been deemed a threat to national security and may have been the primary target, with Mrs Fyoderov simply being collateral damage equivalent to the bombing of four foreigners.

President Fyoderov was today questioned by the FPA, and becomes the first sitting President in Radiatian history to be subpoenaed. The President has categorically denied all knowledge and involvement and claimed that Haraa and Kristov "acted of their own accord".

Appearing at his first press conference in months, the President was initially hesitant to answer questions on the case.

"This is a private matter which has nothing to do with Nico Hass," He said, repeatedly trying to change the subject and even sending several members of the press gallery out of the room. "No, this press conference is about the situation in Hadin. The death of my ex-wife was a tragic accident, possibly a murder, but not something that I knew anything about."

Senate Minority Leader Josko Ivers [SDU - New Vashura] said that he felt the President's denials were "implausible at best and filthy lies at worst".

"If the President knew nothing about this case, then why did he write about it on CONFERO long before the media knew, and according to a screenshot of the deleted post, wrote it within an hour of the incident - before police had even identified the body?"

Senator Ivers refused to be drawn on whether or not he believed that the President was therefore guilty of a criminal offence but said that "the Fyoderov has run roughshod all over democracy, so I can't imagine it holds justice in a particularly high regard either."

A recent poll has shown that President Fyoderov - who was re-elected in the largest landslide in Radiatian history - has seen his approval ratings drop by a whopping 20 points, partially as a result of this scandal and also as a result of a growing perception that he is withdrawing from the public.

FYODEROV REJECTS PROPOSED "ANTI-UNCA BLOC"

President Fyoderov today announced publicly that the Radiatian Federation "will not be drawn into any bloc or group of alliances" and said that doing so "would play right into Segland's hands".

This follows months of speculation, dating back to before the election, that Noctur was being divided into a "Pro-Segland" bloc - the UNCA - and a "Pro-Radiatia" bloc, colloquially referred to as "Nui-Ra" due to the LET 34 agreement between Radiatia and Nui-ta.

It has been noted by international observers that the Radiatian Federation - Noctur's main "superpower" has been remarkably quiet over the growing tensions in the region - tensions that have seen the Doomsday Clock in Uerku, Saku placed at two minutes to midnight - the highest it has ever been placed, midnight representing the chance of total nuclear annihilation.

Theories for this silence have ranged from "Radiatia wishing to appear calm and reassuring" to "Not wanting to rock the boat" or even suspected that personal problems faced by President Fyoderov could be a factor.

The President made a televised statement, and said that although he had spoken by phone to both Emperor Rowan di-Amori of Nui-ta and President Robert Cesare of Poldania - and had dispatched Foreign Affairs Minister Isaac Lichtenberg to both countries for further discussions - there would be "absolutely no formation of a rival block to the UNCA" and that the government would continue to call for de-escalation between Hadin and Nui-ta as well as dialogue between Radiatia and Segland.

"The Radiatian Federation will not allow Noctur to turn into a giant Mexican stand-off - nor allow countries run by individuals with delusional beliefs about an afterlife to be put into a position where they could set off a powder keg which could ultimately lead to nuclear annihilation.

"The message from the Radiatian Federation to nations who seek to antagonise the so-called UNCA or form a rival alliance is clear: You are on your own. There is no Nui-Ra 'bloc'.

"The Radiatian Federation will continue to honour our mutual defence agreement with Nui-ta as this is in our national interest and in fact we will be increasing our presence in the area to deter Hadin and remind them of the consequences of attacking a Radiatian ally.

"However, this guarantee is only in the event that Hadin attacks Nui-ta unprovoked. The Radiatian Federation will not intervene in any other conflict, including Algrabad and Merrina, even if Nui-ta enters them to defend its own allies.

"Such an event will be interpreted by the Radiatian Federation as an act of provocation by Nui-ta which will in turn void any obligation that the Federation has toward its ally.

"This position is not made in order to be harsh against one of this country's best and closest allies, but is a position taken out of necessity to avoid a Nocturian war without breaking international obligations and having spoken to Emperor Rowan, I believe he understands this unfortunate position.

"This is a time when we have to accept that peace and innocent lives are of more value than honour."

- RPNN

Bliboo (Valar, Asgard)
3 HOURS AGO
I'm so sick of how the RPNN keeps running stories about foreign countries. Who cares about this "Hadan" place!?
124 likes

Snoblob (Witzer, Mendovium)
2 HOURS AGO
|Bliboo
| I'm so sick of how the RPNN keeps running stories about foreign countries. Who cares about this "Hadan" place!?
I totally agree! RPNN's gone all politically correct because of al the IMMIGRANTS in Radiatia but who givs a fuk about cuntreys outside of Radiatia? Like if you want to read about the rest of the world go live there! I don giv a fuck about places which arent Radiatia!
201 likes

Mary (Boxyean, Radia)
1 HOUR AGO
The only reason Fyoderov killed his wife was because she was a woman. SEXISM!
4 likes

In Other News:

• Charges laid after bank robbery in Das Engel
  • Egg laid after chicken fertilised by rooster
  • Young man laid after girlfriend finally puts out

Last edited by Radiatia on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Conpatria
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Conpatria » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Conpatria • Aceronia • Crato • Higue y Bron • Nueva Yeordia • Nui-ta • Verdón • Radiacia

EL PAÍS
EL PERIÓDICO GLOBAL

Internacional • Opinión • Política • Economía • Ciencia • Cultura • Deportes • Local

President Ziortzá: No alliances for Conpatria
As President lays out pacifist foreign policy, Lieidis attacks

President of the Republic Maia Ziortzá (pictured) has announced the Conpatrian government's plans for dealing with the threat of the growing UNCA.

President of the Republic Maia Ziortzá on Thursday declared the Conpatria's position on the growing concerns around Noctur about the growing UNCA organization, which has now grown to include the Great People's Republic of Ainotula, a former Conpatrian colony and longtime enemy which has until very recently been largely ignored due to its relatively weak military standing and distance across the Ocean.

"We must not fall prey to the belligerency of nations like Ainotula and Hadin," the President said in her statement to the Republic. "If we ramp up our military spending, those who wish to attack us will only be encouraged. It will be the position of this government to maintain our current level of defense spending, keeping the status quo of protecting our own territory." She went on to add, "Those on the Right who wish to take us into full-scale war with half the region are only spewing hot air to get political points for the upcoming election. I hope that Senator Lieidis will join me on this issue, as national unity is what Conpatria should be showing in the face of international chaos."

When asked about her opinion on Radiatian President Fyoderov's similar strategy, the President responded to El País's reporter with a smile, saying, "I'm not going to comment on the Radiatian President right now." Fyoderov is currently embroiled in an assassination scandal, and other world leaders, like Ziortzá, seem increasingly unwilling to associate themselves with him.

In response to the President's announcement, Ziortzá's runoff opponent María Cristina Lieidis went on the attack: "The President is putting Conpatria's future at risk. As much as I appreciate and agree with her calls for national unity, what I cannot agree with is a laissez-faire foreign policy." She continued, "Conpatria has responsibilities in the world. We cannot allow organizations like the UNCA to freely exercise their power across the globe while we stand by without action." The presidential candidate joined leaders like Emperor Rowan di-Amori of Nui-ta in her criticism of Hadininan leader Nico Hass, stating that "the High Envoy has militarism and violence in his heart. Now, he has gotten formerly isolated nations like Algrabad and Ainotula on his side. This alliance must be stopped before it can irreparably affect the entire international community."

Public opinion polling has shown indecisiveness among Conpatrians for more aggressive foreign policy. An even split has 48 percent of people supporting an increase in foreign affairs as the Senator from Fortaleza-Albacete has proposed, with a combined 48 percent supporting the status quo or a de-escalation, with 4 percent unsure. There is also no clear ideological split within the cross tabs of the poll. Nearly 2/3 of rightists support more action on the international scene, while leftists have around 1/3 aligning with the same view.

When asked, Minister of National Defense Ángela Castillo (USD) defended the President's proposals, as well as the current state of military spending. "We have sufficient resources allocated to defend the Republic," she responded. "President Ziortzá and I are on the same page here, and the government remains as committed to the national defense as we have always been."

José García Sáez, who has been growing in influence among Conpatria's (and, to a certain extent, Noctur's) far-right and nationalist bloc since his third-place showing in last week's first-round of the presidential election, has voiced his support for isolation in international affairs: "Conpatria under the hypocrite Maia Ziortzá has been an international laughingstock. She proposes a peaceful foreign policy, yet allows a steady flow of dangerous immigrants, refugees, and criminals from around the region." The People's Front (FP) leader has characterized Conpatrian foreign policy as an 'entanglement:' "Our foreign entanglements have weaned us as a nation and as a culture. Conpatria will one day be free of these messy alliances and conflicts, but that can only happen when we take our country back."

The second round of the presidential election, as well as legislative elections, are to take place in less than a month.

Nui-ta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nui-ta » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:22 am

Crumlo Assassination Attempt Investigation Reports To Remain Classified

RAHKU CITY, NUI-TA 12:42 NST/11:42 NZT, January 23th, LET 57

The release date for reports concerning the LET 34 assassination attempt on the late-Prime Minister Trenta Crumlo has been delayed by 10 years.

The LET 34 assassination attempt on Trenta Crumlo, in which the oxygen supply administered to the Prime Minister for an unrelated medical intervention was contaminated with poisonous material, goes down in infamy as one of the cruelest incidents following society in Nui-ta post-apartheid. The official motive behind the attack was an act of treason by classist sympathizers, who wanted to see the downfall of a Prime Minister who was known for social policies (both politically and within her own private life) that were then unprecedented.

Some information on the assailants was released, and the two primary men believed responsible were both prosecuted for treason and two counts of attempted first degree murder (the Prime Minister's husband was also targeted), among other charges, in relation to the event. Per treason laws in the nation, one of the two men (a military officer) was executed for his involvement in LET 36, while the other man (a civilian worker at the hospital in which the attempt took place), was sentenced to indefinite life imprisonment, and passed away in LET 40.

Additional investigations were done in regards to the apparently "extensively-planned" assassination attempt, and other felony charges were included, but never publicly revealed. The original rationale behind the classification of these details was due to "extremely sensitive and extremely disturbing information, concerning the nature and depth of the incident in both theory and practice".

The full reports, completed in LET 37, and conducted by what became the Ministry of Law, (the portfolio of which was then split between the Ministry of Defense and the now defunct Ministry of Internal Affairs) are protected from public release for 20 years under the LET 38 Security of Classified Information Act. Just weeks away from their set date of release, the Ministry of Law revealed that it had obtained the legal authority to extend the security on the documents for an additional 20 years, meaning that the earliest that the documents can now be declassified is in LET 77.

Numerous calls to release the reports, or at least detail further information as to why the reports are still considered politically sensitive almost a quarter of a century after the event in question occurred, have been quietly responded to by the Director of ILOP, Kashim ha-Nazhel.

"This is an issue with repercussions concerning domestic authority which extend far beyond the Prime Minister, far beyond her place in history, and unfortunately, far after her time in history as well. If the public were to gain knowledge of the full-details behind this incident, in regards to the issue of domestic security, they would understand immediately why other parts of the incident, previously unknown, would be dangerous to hear".

The Ministry of Law has also stated that the reports were conditionally released several days ago, to individuals with direct concern related to the incident (such as the family of the late FPM), and to investigative authorities concerned with the larger domestic concern in question.

The family of the FPM has said very little about the incident officially, although the late FPM's eldest son Crivan i-Harendo, who currently works as a state's attorney for the Ministry of Law of the state of New Zanzes, did elaborate on the legal concerns behind the report.

"In regards to the legal ramifications of releasing the report about the late Prime Minister: it's not the actual attack on her that is a domestic security concern. The danger involving the report's release involve the motives and ties of the people behind the attack. The public does know that even though only two people were formally charged, that more were involved and questioned in regards to the event".

"Some information regarding other people, other motives, and other legal accusations that were deemed classified were deemed as such because of ongoing concerns with domestic law and order, as well as domestic security. These are concerns that extend far past Trenta Crumlo. These are concerns that are older than I am, and more importantly, sensitive concerns which the government still deal with today".

"It is because THOSE concerns are deemed sensitive and therefore subject to the LET 38 law, that the overall report is in turn subject to the LET 38 law, which states that the term of classification involving a document can be extended if present concern regarding its contents still exists --- which is the case. The ILOP Director was, in my opinion, legally justified in making that decision, which was made in regards to portions of the report which I'm not allowed to talk about as a worker for the Ministry of Law myself. In short, the fear is that if the information concerning these other motives especially were to be de-classified, that it would hamper with issues of domestic security that still exist today. My mother herself no longer has anything to do with this, but we have to sacrifice the ability to talk about what happened with her, because of outside ties with loose connections that would jeopardize more pressing interests of the state".

In Other News
- Conpatria and Radiatia Reject "Blocs" in Noctur
- Rowan di-Amori agrees with Gregori Fyoderov on "non-involvement policy".
- Murder Investigation Opened in the Fyoderov Case
- Debate on National Policy in Regards to Higgins-Brown and Algrabad Underway in Parliament

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents