NATION

PASSWORD

Meeting in Weisger to avoid all out war

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Dekarta
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Meeting in Weisger to avoid all out war

Postby Dekarta » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:45 pm

June 9th 1900, Reichsland-Tethysia border area. 7:20 a.m.

Whispers ring through the trenches. "Is... why is he here?" "God save the king..." "He's gonna get himself killed and we're not going to have a crown to fight for...". King Allingham decided to visit the battle-torn border between Reichsland and Tethysia before his visit with Chancellor Einhard to assess the situation first hand. He had to take a detour to make it to the area but he felt it was his responsibility to do so. What he saw was... hell, he saw the war before him. He saw what would become the greatest war to ever scar the surface of Vomindok. He dressed in a private's uniform as to not rouse suspicion among the Landser who were surely watching Dekartan troop movements. 5 Guards from his world famous Royal Guard trailed behind him in similar outfits. He trudged through the mud and bullets looking each man in the eye. He didn't speak a word, he didn't need to. The looks his soldiers gave him was one of disbelief of his arrival and sorrow due to the surprise invasion of Tethysia a month ago. There were occasional sounds of bullets surrounding them all around but it was nothing that deterred him from visiting the men he was sending into battle. He spent ten years in the Dekartan Royal Army in the 1880's and 90's. He fought in the Bloodwater War with Escanis that saw the first occupation of land on the Dekartan Isles in over 400 years, though only for a week the battle to take back the land and retaliate costed 400,000 lives and millions of dollars over a 4 year period but in the end Escanis surrendered unconditionally. Soldiers left and right saluted him and he lowered their arms and shook his head as to say "Today I am a soldier just like you. I have seen the horrors you have and am your brother in arms." No king, Chancellor, Emperor, or Prime Minister had done things like this to his men, and it made the skinny soldiers shocked. Some even began to cry as they looked the king in the eyes, equal in flesh and soul. He told some soldiers to follow him, some soldiers became many soldiers, many soldiers became hundreds of soldiers, hundreds became almost a thousand. He climbed out the trench despite the wishes of his guards and the whispers of the soldiers behind him. He looked at the Landser poke their heads up from their trenches as word spread that someone had exited the trench on the Dekartan side. the soldiers began to climb out with him. The Landser thought they planned to charge them and got into their combat positions. The King told them to circle him and began to speak "I don't know what you men have seen, I don't know exactly the lengths you've had to go to pull through, I don't know the lives you or the friends you've lost have given up to defend the greatest Empire to ever see the face of our planet. I don't know you on an individual level. I wish I could talk to you all and hear your stories. I wish I could give you the respect you deserve personally. But I care more about securing you all and securing our Empire and that is why you are all out here willingly. I sent you out here to secure the Tethysian border and I did not expect any fighting to occur but as the world can see I was wrong." He looks at the sun rising over the horizon and raises his tone accordingly. " There is no time for apologies as enemy forces burn the foundations of freedom its self. Life is a gift and you've all been given that gift. It isn't mine to take away but it IS yours to give. Your life is your own and those of you who fought and those lying dead in the mud have chosen to sacrifice their own lives for the greater good! For the people who call themselves Dekartan!" The soldiers clap for a moment and cheer. "You are the future of the Empire! We call to you when we are in need and you alone are the backbone of The Dekarten Empire! I stand in front of you not as your leader, not as your king, not even as your superior. I stand not even in front of you. I stand beside my common man!" He pats a soldier on the back " I stand with each and every one of you men. I stand with you as a soldier! A brother who would take a bullet for any of you because that is what it means to be Dekartan!" The crowd of soldiers cheer louder as he continues. "I am heading to Weisiger to talk to the man who issued the command to kill our brothers and our people. I am a diplomat but I am a soldier, I am a civilian, and I am Dekartan! If peace is not secured, if you all have to stay in these trenches for months on end braving wind, rain, and snow I will stand beside you! I will fight because I am your brother! Freedom is our practice! Democracy is our birthright! And who do I stand with here today on these fields of mud, battle, hell, and blood who will NEVER fall and never faulter to an enemy who DARES trample on that sacred way of life?!" The soldiers holler loudly and clap, some shooting guns into the air in celebration. "If you do not make it back to your family when I get back to Alaron, if you never see your homeland again, know that you alone are the reason that 500 million others get to call themselves free citizens of the Empire! That is who we are! We will fight in the hills, we will fight in the trenches, we will fight in the rain, we will fight in the snow, in the light of day and in the dark unforgiving nights! Our blood will be spilled but our souls will be free and our Empire will FIGHT ON! You are feared! You are one! You are Dekartan and you will defend the freedom of this Empire from the demons at our doorstep!"The soldiers cheer and shout as the king shakes hands with as many as he can before his guards advise him to continue to the capital lest he be late. The visit by the king boosted the moral of the soldiers greatly who were once scared boys and are now hardened men ready to fight, kill, and die for the good of the Empire and her people. If second battle were to occur it is safe to say the Dekartans would be ready, and their names would go down in the history books as the bravest men to ever serve Dekarta. The impromptu speech would come to be known as the "Border speech of Brotherhood" and would be the first time an acting leader of any modern nation would ever visit his soldiers on an active battlefield.

June 12th 1900, Outside of Weisger Reichsland. 8:25 a.m.

King Allingham arrived in Reichsland after visiting the front and made it to the main complex the meeting would be held at by sun-up. He steps out of the horse drawn carriage dressed in a black suit, golden crown, and a jet-black cane. Off onto the path he went leading up the stairs into the capital building. The Landser press asked him questions and lights from photos snapped constantly. He smiled and waved, shaking hands with many of the people. "I swear to you all" He began speaking in Landser "Your questions will be answered the moment I step back out of this beautiful building of yours" He winked to them, he was always charming. Behind him trailed 4 armed guards who saluted the Landser guards who opened the door, per usual they saluted back. As they stepped into the massive complex 2 lines of Landser soldiers saluted him all at once. He saluted them back and was led down the hall to a room far down and too the right of an impressive looking statue of a muscular man standing proudly as if he'd just won a valiant battle with an ancient enemy. he wondered if it was Trazentine in make.

As he stepped into the room he thanked his guide and turned his gaze to the single most powerful man in the nation of Reichsland who was looking right back at him. He walks up to the man who was of the same height and same build. He offers his hand and smiles before speaking in fluent Landser "Good day Chancellor Einhard, this is a lovely city you chose to hold this meeting in. If I may ask, where did you get that fine statue just outside? Forgive me I have quite the eye for art I will admit."

(OOC: Matt we could just go back and forth line by line if you want. I think it would make the meeting a lot easier.)
The United Republic of Dekarta
Allies:
Enemies:
Defcon level
5: Peace
4: Rivalry present
[[[3: War possible]]]
2: War imminent
1: Dekarta attacked

Reichsland
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:06 pm

(OoC Sounds good to me sir!)

Chancellor Einhard was rather shocked by the man's grasp of the Landser language. He had read the dossier on the King which stated that he was fluent, but his grasp of the subtle pronunciations and tones was commendable. The Chancellor quickly made a mental note to ask the King where he had learned to speak in such a manner. However he quickly brought his thoughts back to the present. After he had finished shaking the man's hand. he answered the King "Your compliments do not fall on deaf ears King Allingham, they are greatly appreciated. So to is your presence here. In regards to the statue in question...The Chancellor took a moment to wave toward the figure, " Your astute eye for art has not failed you. It is indeed Trazentine in nature, carved many, many years ago as a tribute to our very own KIng Leopold V. That was around the year 1705, if my memories do not betray me. King Leopold V had it commissioned in honor of his ancestor, King Leopold the First, for his most fortunate and perfect victory over the Northern Confederation of Landser states in the year 1272 AD. That was centuries ago, and we have long done away with the Monarchy, though that is another topic unto itself. You will find that the executive mansion is full of many ancient things, including art. You may tour the grounds at your request if you so desire, however I am sure that you had rather get to more pressing business at the time, yes? Follow me and we will find us something to drink, I have an extensive wine collection, and the best ale, beer, and schnapps you could ever find."
Last edited by Reichsland on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonym: Landser
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Dekarta
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekarta » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 am

"Lead the way" King Allingham smiles and gestures past Einhard who steps out of the room towards his wine collection, Allingham follows. He notices Einhard is about of the same height as himself, 6'1"-6'2'". He also weighed about the same as him and seemed to be just as able bodied as he. Allingham had read that he served in the Landser Navy and Army so he could easily attribute that to his rather bulky body... Maybe it was just his suit. He was also extremely well spoken and his grammar and vocabulary was much more pronounced than other Landser figures he had talked with in his past. He couldn't help but feel under major pressure but he was glad they would soon be drowning that pressure in wine and ale. He sighed. "I suppose we could get down to business as we walk." The press were not allowed in the building during official meetings, or so Allingham presumed as he could see no more flashes and could hear no more questions. "I visited the front lines before making my way to Weisiger, Einhard" He fixes his tie. "Soldier to soldier, it was bad. At least on my side. These men we're not ready and only after I arrived did they have the courage to fight. Hopefully that courage will be for nothing by the end of the day." They turn into a new hallway and continue walking. "What I saw was bad, but not nearly as bad as what I saw during the my service for Dekarta. Sadly however we are both well aware that this could make the Bloodwater War look like a silly border dispute if it continues. Our militaries are easily the largest on the planet, a war between Reichsland and the Empire would be one to end life on this planet absolutely." Allingham hoped that Einhard had invited him there to speak of peace, and not lay out the laws of an upcoming and unavoidable war.
Last edited by Dekarta on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allies:
Enemies:
Defcon level

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:04 am

Einhard wished to get the warm comfort of alcohol in his system, to knock off the tenseness of the moment. As they walked, he stole a glance behind him to observe the King, whom happened to be quickly darting his gaze around the area. EInhard imagined that he was looking for the presence of the press, so he spoke up. "If you are worried about the press, then have no fear here. I have expressly forbidden their presence inside this building so as long as you are here. They are a vicious lot, especially the Lansdser Press, eager to get their hands on any meager scrap of information that even vaguely resembles a story. Who am I to blame them though, the freedom of the press is one of the greatest bastions of human liberty. WIthout that we are nothing more than petty dictatorships, but I digress."[/i] Einhard didn't turn around to look for a response, he merely kept walking. If that revelation put the King more at ease, he could not tell. The two walked briefly in silence again, then the King spoke again...

The Chancellor listened intently as the King spoke, holding onto every word and processing them one by one. He replied "It appears that our little offensive did the trick then, grabbed quite a good bit of attention. Let me tell you first, that if I had wanted to press a full-on, true advance we would be much farther than the six or so miles that we are into Tethysia right now, and the loss of life would be much more severe. That was not what I wanted however, I merely wanted to show the world that we would not be ignored, and that the Landser people are serious about the protection of their interests, and for that you should thank me sir. I am not wholly given to the necessity of war however, not yet; You speak wisely when you say the Bloodwater War would be trivial compared to an all out war. At this time, the world still strains against the aggressive advances of War, the rapacious degenerate that it is. It is not yet open to allow itself to be taken and corrupted by its seed. I am still very much open to the prospect of peace, however such a valuable and precious thing will not be able to be produced for free. I trust that you are open to negotiations Mr. Allingham, or otherwise you would not have risked coming here. Ah, we have reached our destination, this way please." The duo arrived at a very ornate wooden door, decorated with various reliefs of events from Landser mythology. The Chancellor opened it, and waved the King on through. Allingham was amazed at the large amount of artwork varying from carven and sculpted, to painted. Servants in room quickly pointed the King to a plush oversized lounge chair. Once they had been seated, the servants took their orders for drinks and quickly scurried off to retrieve the proper liquids. The Chancellor looked at the King and wondered how he would respond to what he had told him.
Last edited by Reichsland on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Dekarta
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekarta » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:00 pm

When Einhard mentioned 'freedom' Allingham thought back to all of the things the Royal army, the government, and his family had said about Reichsland being a hellish land of tyrannical rule and human suffering. Looking around he saw no fire and brimstone nor did he see any human rights abuses, it wasn't his first visit to Reichsland however and he didn't notice any of that during his previous visits. He also wonders whether Einhard actually craves war, it seems deep down that may be what he wants. What great leader wouldn't want to test their armed forces with the Empire that has ruled much of the world for the last 400 years.
He follows Einhard into a room that smelled of heavenly hops. "Quite a collection you've got here, Have you any beverages from Khaliste? I know their alcohol is quite hard but I don't plan on drinking too much today."
Last edited by Dekarta on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allies:
Enemies:
Defcon level

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:54 pm

"Indeed...though I feel that it would be rather rude not to tell you that Landser liquor is much better. Though your request is most respected, and we will scrounge up something for you." Einhard directed the servants to fetch the alcohol, and after he had done so he seated himself in another lounge seat facing the King. Einhard spoke again. "I will now speak bluntly Allingham. In order for us to make amends with each other, there are some things that will have to be done first." Einhard reached over to a humidor that was sitting on a small table next to his chair and withdrew two large cigars. He offered one to Allingham, and then lit his own. He puffed a moment, filling the air with the pungent, but sweet aroma of Landser tobacco. The Chancellor drew in a large puff before he spoke through a cloud of exhaled smoke.

"Reichsland is at a pivotal time in its history, we all know that. Our military is booming, our technology is advancing, and our population is growing. However the only thing that is not keeping up with everything else is our economy. That simply must change sir. That is why I will need you to guarantee the neutrality of your empire while we begin to colonize different areas. If we go to war with any natives to secure ourselves more resources, you must not interfere. Naturally we will not attempt to colonize any land that is currently under your control of course. We will also need access to the Garmorian Sea, for having only one coastline is very detrimental to our nation. We have already planned to annex a rather small portion of the nation of Parcus, giving us access to another coastline and more resources. I know that you are a very intelligent man, and can very well understand how having only one way to the sea is a threat to our national security. I am quite surprised that none of my predecessors have tried to change the status quo quite honestly.

Secondly, I want you to repeal any laws that harm or discriminate Landser descendants and free any those who are interred in camps or prisons, unjustly, I might add. I also want you to lift all sanctions that you have imposed upon Reichsland, and we shall return the favor. You must withdraw all Dekartan soldiers from Tethysia, and any equipment they have brought with them. In return, Reichsland shall return three of the six miles that we have captured from Tethysia. The remaining land shall be absorbed into Reichsland.

In return, we will release all Dekartan POWs that we have, and unfreeze any assets belonging to Dekartan businesses situated in Reichsland. If you agree to these terms, then Reichsland will cease any and all military offensives in Tethysia and withdraw the large majority of our forces from the border. I will tell you this however, while I am open to negotiations, I am not afraid of war. Sometimes war is a necessity, merely an extension of politics used to topple empires and change the balances of power. So if you disagree with these terms, and we cannot come to any satisfactory agreement, we shall carry on with our patch to war with every intent to achieve victory. So if you want peace, as you say you do, please weigh my terms carefully. I only want what is best for my people, and you are the same. The only difference is that you already control the majority of the world, and your people have had the chance to expand and prosper. Now Reichsland must do the same if it is to survive."

Chancellor Einhard had subconsciously leaned forward in his chair and had begun to gesticulate wildly while he talked. However now that he was through with his passionate opening statements, he leaned back in his chair and took another puff from his cigar. The servants then entered into the room with each man's respective poison of choice, and the room was quiet for a moment as the men drank, and the servants exited.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Dekarta
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekarta » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:56 pm

Allingham nods at the servants who put Khalistean and Landser beverages in front of them, and a lighter in front of the King "Thank you" He says in Landser. He picks up the lighter and lights his cigar, then takes a large swig of the Khalistean Liqour. To his surprise he did not fall over as a lifeless corpse yet, perhaps this man really did want to negotiate. "You know I must hand it to you Einhard you are one of the few world leaders that has waited so long to try to assassinate me" Both men laugh. "Now Einhard down to your terms, if you begin to colonize new land I have no right to stop you. But I stongly advise that you do not wage war with the native people or the government in control of the land. It is a costly process and in the past has lead to lengthy wars for The Empire and hatred sustained to this day by the natives of our colonies. I am not one to preach to others how to live their lives but I can assure you working with the natives, making life under your rule look as if it is paradise is the best choice for you, and it is the only one Dekarta will support." He takes a long drink from the Khalistean liqour "In regards to the annexation of Parcusian land we strongly advise against that as they will surely see this as an act of war and though a Landser victory would be obvious it would be at quite a cost. I urge you to use diplomatic methods or none at all to keep the peace.

For those in Dekarta who are of Landser origin or Landser ancestors they are in good hands. The houses built for them and the communities they now live in are fully Landser. I have spoken with many of these people and they were indeed unhappy of the move but are actually quite happy to be around so many of their kinsmen. We did this as a measure of national safety, theres a saying in Dekarta: 'If you find a spy from Mochira they will kill themselves before you can get anything out of them. If you find a Landser spy he will kill you before he can get anything out of you.' It is no secret that your spies are some of the best on Earth and hardest to find. Some of the men and women I spoke with may be some of your best friends for all I know. But I can assure you if we come to a proper conclusion today all Landser citizens whether they be from Dekarta or Reichsland who have been resettled in safe-zones will be re-nationalized into Dekartan society and they will be given compensation for their misfortunes, all sanctions will as well be considered null and void."

Allingham smiles and laughs a slight bit "Mr. Einhard I can assure you that the 3 miles along the border is of no use to you or your people, the land is now soaked with blood and lead, it is cratered and not arable. You may as well give the land back as your point has been well proven. And now down to the main topic of heat between our nations, my soldiers along the border. We will not nor will we ever leave our ally Tethysia in danger. This morning more soldiers arrived at the front lines to secure our position and Royal soldiers could now equal the number of soldiers you and your allies have on your side of the border, but I could be wrong this is just what I've conjured up in my mind when I was told they arrived. I have the largest army on the planet Einhard, I do not want to use it. But you might want to use yours I am not sure, I mean who wouldn't want to test their soldiers against the Empire that has ruled most of the planet for almost 400 years. It seems very tempting I must admit if I was in your shoes I can't say I would take such a liberal approach, but who knows. That all being said I can strike a deal with you. I will slowly pull my soldiers out over a period of 15 years and you will do the same. Construction of the border wall will be completed and will be a joint project between the Landser, Tethysian, and Dekartan people. What a better way to assure peace than a construction project together?" He laughs as he finishes his cigar and his drink.
Allies:
Enemies:
Defcon level

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:34 pm

The Chancellor leans back in his chair and slowly puffs his cigar as he listens to the King speak. He drinks in every word, letting them dance across his mind, analyzing there every connotation. When the King had finished, Einhard sits his smoke in the crystal ashtray on the chairside table. He replies "Trust me Mr. Allingham, if I wanted to kill you then you would have been long dead by now, Weisiger is quite a distance into our nation, and such a journey as yours provided many ample opportunities to do such. While we are on the subject of spies, my informants relayed such a scenario to me. It occurred when you were at a train station in Mauerbach. Your guards had a little fun with a homeless man who had set up shop a ways down the ticket window. Thankfully the man kept up his masquerade, for that was no homeless man I assure you. He is one of our best agents, and his colleagues and he have been trailing you ever since you arrived here. In fact, he was one of the men who just served you a drink. He has been assigned not to kill you, in fact quite the opposite. He has been assuring you and your men's safety throughout your travels here. I thought you might like to know that.

Again, to more pressing business. I am glad to hear that you have relieved my distant kinsmen's plight. I shall rescind all detrimental orders regarding any Dekartans here in Reichsland, immediately upon the conclusion of this meeting. I am glad to see that we are making progress already. Your troop movements have not gone unnoticed, military leadership has already reported several reinforcements arriving across the lines. I have told my men to stand their ground. There may be sporadic firefights here and there, but no real advances. You speak correctly when you say you command the largest army in the world, and that your people have ruled the world for the past four centuries. Dekarta's rule has gone unchecked and unchallenged for far to long however, though the end may or may not come by Reichsland's hand. Who am I to question God's plans? Would the glory of defeating such a worthy opponent such as Dekarta be great? Of course, and the history books would remember me as the man who toppled an empire. I however, do not want that glory if that is the only cause I have. I am no glory hound nor am I a fool. Your offer for troop withdrawals sounds agreeable, though I must add that what we do behind our borders concerns us, not the world. If I want an army parked there, than by all means I will do it, though I am not saying I will of course. I will return the land that we have captured to Tethysia, however I have a better idea. Why not make that land a jointly controlled area. Let both our peoples settle the area and rebuild it. When everything is settled there, it could become a center for wealth and trade. I say all of that to say this, I do not wish for a world war at this time. However, if I sense any form of aggression or resistance regarding our peaceable actions and acquisitions, I will not hesitate to change my stance."
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Dekarta
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekarta » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:21 pm

The king laughs "My guards? The world famous royal guards picked fun at a homeless man? Are you quite sure? I think after this meeting I'd like to know more of the situation to be quite honest." He toys with the remaining ice in the empty glass "And about the men on the front lines, they have been given a direct order to not shoot unless your soldier's boots hit my soldier's trenches, quelling the possibility for a war to break out between our nations as I sit face to face with you. I would like to make clear that my Empire does not rule the world, or much of it. Our government is spread across the planet this is true but every man, woman, and child is subject to their own choices and have a direct say in their own form of government in their native lands. As opposed to my predecessors who took advantage of the largest industrial and technological boom the world has ever seen up to that point by invading the entire planet and conquering half of it I can assure you that I and many members of my government appose such drastic and barbaric measures.

And as for your plan it is one I can agree on, but I cannot speak for the Tethysian government as they are too embroiled in an economic recession at this time to attend this great meeting of powers. Despite our alliance with the Tethysians I must say it is quite rude and irresponsible of them to not send a delegate to oversee the meeting in the least. They may be friends but goodness do their policies confuse me. It matters not however, I am glad we could come to so many conclusions so quickly. I expected this to take many days, instead it has only taken no more than an hour and a half. If there is nothing more you wish to address, I will arrange for my entourage to draft a treaty lying out the complete list of official agreements we have come to during our time here along, with the help of any Landser officials of your choosing. If all goes well we shall have it signed in front of the press by tomorrow afternoon."
The King was glad the meeting was going to well, despite the two men being mortal rivals in many ways this was easily one of the quickest and most problem-free meetings the king had every attended.
Allies:
Enemies:
Defcon level

Anqoraknia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anqoraknia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Wind blows softly...
Last edited by Anqoraknia on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nationalist Alliance of Anqoraknia
Allies: Dekarta
Enemies: n/a
At war: No

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:29 pm

The Chancellor looks in surprise at the man who had apparently been sitting on an ornamental chamberpot the entire duration of the meeting. From whence did he and his outburst come?

OoC I will have a real post up soon guys.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:57 pm

The Chancellor pursed his beard, he had stood from his chair and walked over to the fireplace which was ablaze due to the fact that the old building got quite cold due to the cold wins coming off of the inland sea they called a lake. He had his back turned to the King, though he was looking at his reflection in the great mirror that hung above the mantle. He was choosing his next words carefully....

"This meeting has been short indeed Mr. Allingham. Though I feel that I must respectfully inform you that this meeting is about to turn very unpleasant...for you, at least. You see Mr. Allingham, I did not drag you all the way to Weisiger to agree to peace; on the contrary I brought you here so that you will be in the worst possible place from which to lead your country during the outbreak of war. You were much to kind to come here sir, and I must admit that it has been a real pleasure speaking with you today however from this point on, consider all pleasantries removed from our relationship."

By this time, the Chancellor had turned back around to face the King, who was no longer smiling. Allingham rose to his full height, not sure what to expect. Einhard raised on eyebrow and told him to sit back down, for this meeting was not yet concluded. The Chancellor walked over to a rolltop desk and retrieved a newspaper. He took it back to the King and threw it in his lap. Einhard said "Looks surreal in print doesn't it, your Highness?" The paper was dated for tomorrow, and the headline read "Reichsland invades and declares war on Tethysia, declares war on Dekarta and the Commonwealth also!" The King read it in shock, what was happening he thought to himself? He asked the Chancellor "I hope this is a joke Einhard, and if so, I find it very distasteful!

"This is no joke Allingham! The world will see your nation beg for mercy at the heel of Landser boots. You have had your influence spread across the world long enough, now the time has come for the Landser Eagle to rise up and destroy all who oppose it! By this time tomorrow, Landser soldiers will be pouring into Tethysia. You think that we have been motionless during this lull? No we have not, at this very moment we have reinforcements en route to the front, as well as our new armored fighting vehicles, I believe the word for them is 'tanks' in your tongue. You are bearing witness to the dawn of a new age sir, revel in it!" The Chancellor had circled around the baffled king as he made his way back to the desk. He pulled out a Kriesler 9 mm from the desk, squirreled away in a secret compartment hidden by a sheaf of papers, and racked the slide. He pointed it at the King, and said "Here is what is going to happen sir. You are to keep up the charade as directed. You will leave this meeting as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened. Once you are in the presence of all of your guards, you are to order them to turn over their weapons to my soldiers. You will then be held here in Weisiger for five days, whereupon the conclusion of said timeframe you will be released, free to return to your land by whatever means you can secure. In the interim, you can rest assured that we will be waging war with no restraint. The time has come King Allingham to see your Kingdom finally bow to a foreign power!

The King hurled an oath and curse at the Chancellor, who lunged forward and grabbed the man by the throat. Einhard hissed through his teeth "You should be thankful that I am giving you that much Allingham! I am respectful enough to recognize your prestige and importance, and your status. Thus I am not killing you right now. I am not an assassin, I am a warrior, and hopefully fate will let us meet on the battlefield some day! Until that time, your life will be spared by Landser hands.

King Allingham was no pushover. Sensing that the Chancellor had let his guard down, he took the chance to counter the man's grasp and pushed him back, getting a solid right hook in on the Chancellor. Einhard tasted blood on his lip. He sneered as he pointed the gun again at the man. "Not bad Allingham, let that brief swell of pride linger long, for it will be the last you ever have on my behalf." He then wave the gun at the door, indicating for the man to leave.
Last edited by Reichsland on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Dekarta
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekarta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Ooc: why do I have a feeling this is going to turn into the greatest plot for a leader on leader bare-knuckle boxing movie sometime in the future lol.
Allies:
Enemies:
Defcon level

Dekarta
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Dekarta » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:10 am

"You haven't a single clue what you're doing Einhard! If I'm not back very soon Defense Minister George Valling is to take control of my chair in my absence. I would let you and your empire live! He wouldn't DARE!" Allingham rose to his feet and ordered his guards to follow him out the door and await Einhard's command. If what he said was true, Reichsland would be in a very large pot of trouble very soon.

"Wait..." He stops in the middle of the room as he walks out; He thought to himself of his stance in the public, he was not a war-time king. He wasn't ready to face Reichsland and he knew it, but did his people know? Would he be considered a coward or a hero for what he was about to do? It mattered not if Einhard died, only if he himself were killed giving Valling full control of the government and military. What would his son think of him, what would his wife think? his people? He would never live to see the end of great empires nor would he live to see the day where Royal Dekartan soldiers march through the city he was in right now, he would never see his flag raised high over the very building he was about to sacrifice his life in. Despite the fact that he fought a war, he was no killer anymore. He was no soldier anymore. At this time he could hardly be considered a king anymore. No... he was a martyr. He bent down quickly and pulled out a pistol from his boot and aimed it and an awestruck Einhard, who only looked more angry than before. The royal guards encircled the king and pointed their own guns at the Landser guards... A water droplet fell to the floor in the distance. "TOGETHER WE STAND! TOGETHER WE FALL! FOR THE EMPIRE!" The king unloaded bullet after bullet into Chancellor Einhard's Torso, only to be struck in the heart himself by Einhard's blasphemous gun. He falls to the floor slowly as the guards of both sides fired upon each other. "It's funny..." Allingham said to the guard tending to him as the other's fired on the Landser "I always thought I would die from a right wing Dekartan bullet who was fed up with my left wing tactics. Alas, a Landser one lay me to rest." With that his heart beat it's final cup of blood... He closes his eyes... Darkness...

Gun shots ring all over the palace as many of the Dekartan guards who were severely outnumbered made their final stand in the building trying to escape with the king's body. "Secure the king! We need to get out of here now! Find a telephone and get in contact with Lilina Palace! We have-" his speech cut short by a bullet of the same make that killed the king. "I have a rope! out the window!! now! go go!" Bullets whizzed passed them as they hid behind an overturned table and secured the rope to the balcony to repel down. Good thing the Landser were better at making strong tables than they were at making strong bullets. Two of the remaining 6 Royal Guards picked up Landser weapons and fired down at the guards below. One was securing the rope, two more were searching for a telephone and another was attempting to revive the king behind the table, to no avail... "The king is dead! We have to leave him!" A slap is heard over the bullets when one guard hits the one who spoke up. "HOW CAN YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF DEKARTAN?! MOVE NOW DAMNIT THE ROAD IS CLEAR!" They repel down the rope, one of the stronger ones has the king's body over his shoulder, but his hands slip 2 stories up and he falls to his death, the king's body crushing him. A car pulls up to the building and the Royal Guard yells something up at them. 2 of the guards pick up the king and put him in the car, before climbing in the car themselves. 3 stay back to finish off the fight. at least 30 Landser soldiers rush around the corner firing their guns back and forth, left and right, side to side. One guard is shot 14 times, the other's shot 5 and 7 each respectively. One of the guard's survives but takes his own life per proper protocol. Being captured was not an option. "TOGETHER WE STAND! TOGETHER WE FALL! FOR THE EMPIRE!" One final shot rings out in the streets of Weisiger and the man's memories and motor functions splatter across the neatly tended sidewalk. The car swerves around the corner and into traffic, lost to the guards and to all of Reichsland...

That very day the world changed forever, the King of Dekarta died and separately the government of Tethysia fell into anarchy.
Last edited by Dekarta on Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Allies:
Enemies:
Defcon level

Reichsland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Reichsland » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:40 am

The bullets had stopped flying, though the shouts of Landser guards were still echoing throughout the building. The Chancellor lay in the floor, outside of the room where the meeting had taken place. His blood pooled around him and he was already turning ashen gray. He couldn't move, the intense pain from his torso signalling that he had severe organ damage. There would be no recovery from this, he was sure. He waved the doctor off as he approached, telling him that he was satisfied with death. Einhard managed a slight laugh when he realized that fate had indeed found him on the battlefield with his enemy, the Dekartan King. When a guard asked him what happened, Einhard managed to eke out that the King had threatened his life and he was merely trying to defend himself, leading to the confrontation in the hallway. Einhard asked if he killed the King, and when his guards told him yes, he smiled a bloody smile then died.

The account of events given by the Chancellor quickly spread through Reichsland like fire, and the propaganda machine seized on it with great vigor. Posters telling everyone to enlist in the Military and avenge their fearless leader sprouted up on walls everywhere. Anlaf Einhard was embalmed and laid to rest in the Grand Cathedral of Weisiger with a massive state funeral. The nation was in mourning, for it had loved its leader. Deep inside however, a spark of hatred for Dekartans and everyone else not allied with Reichsland was growing hotter, soon to erupt into a conflagration.

Minister of Defense Anmohr stepped up and took temporary control of the Landser Armed Forces, and his first order was to pick up where the Chancellor had left off. The invasion of Tethysia. Reports filtering back from there indicated that the Tethysian government had completely fallen into anarchy. This left the nation ripe for the taking, and Reichsland would be there to take the prize. The plans of annexing land to provide access to the Garmorian Sea were temporarily abandoned. Reichsland would need to focus its attention on good strategic decisions if it were to claim victory against the Dekartan Commonwealth.

As for the selection of a new Chancellor, the Cabinet members of the former Chancellor Einhard invoked Amendment 3 of the Landser Constitution which states the following:

"In the event that an assassination of the Chancellor, or the supreme leader of Reichsland at the time, should occur then the following actions will take place in lieu of a national election. Firstly, the Viceroy of Reichsland shall succeed to the position of Chancellor, and shall fulfill the duties of said position. Secondly, the new Chancellor shall appoint a new Viceroy and Cabinet to their liking, so as to efficiently and benevolently serve the nation. This amendment shall not apply once a series of two consecutive assassinations have occurred, to ensure that the democratic process is not circumvented or harmed. The act of determining if the death of the former Chancellor is an assassination shall be reserved for the High Court of Reichsland."

With that being said the Viceroy of Reichsland, Johannes Bismarck, has been promoted to Chancellor. He will be sworn into office in two days.
Wilderosian War
Hakaan Civil War
Lauaj War
{5.Peace}
4.High Alert
3.Mobilization
2.War
1.Nuclear War

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents