NATION

PASSWORD

Dead Serious: Who Will Survive? (OOC, sign-up CLOSED!)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kazerne
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Dead Serious: Who Will Survive? (OOC, sign-up CLOSED!)

Postby Kazerne » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:28 am

First off, the credit for this goes not to me, but to Siberiak, who just needed a little help to get this rolling. If you go onto Youtube, type in 'Dead Serious', and watch the video made by 'bloodrunsclear', you'll get the general gist of it: A city has been swarmed with zombies, and only the gun nut survivalists, a military unit, a secret government agency and a private military company (PMC) remain in the city, all aiming for different objectives and either working together, fighting against, or merely coexisting with one another. With Siberiak's permission, the RP will take place in my nation, but this can easily be changed. Here is a run-down of who the groups are and what they hope to accomplish.

Gun Nuts: Basic civilians who happen to own a lot of guns, ammunition, and supplies. As in, EVERYTHING you would need to ride out The Last War--MREs, field-grade surgery kits, water, maps, compasses, you name something a civilian can legally own, they have it. They've banded together for sheer survival, and so come from a variety of backgrounds, but leadership is always dependent upon strong force of personality and personal bravery. They merely want to survive this nightmare, and go home.

The Military: The last unit in the city, the 2nd, or "Thunder" Squadron of the 158th Armored Cavalry Regiment (ACR), is trying to clear the zombie infestation and help any and all civilians that they can find. They're equipped with armored personel carriers, tanks, and, because of a martial law situation before the city was isolated, had an attached artillery battery, combat engineer company, and two flights of helicopters (A flight is four planes or helicopters, just so you know.) They have a clear mission and clear chain of command, and are being periodically resupplied from across the bay, but are limited by rules of engagement as concerns the other groups.

The Commandos: A covert-action group of the Bundesnachrichtenamt, or Federal Intelligence Office, the Commandos do not have any official unit designation, but are referred to as the 'Omega Section' by those within the BNA who are cleared to know of thier activities. The initial project was funded by the BNA, as a way to help revive agents who took suicide pills in order to fool captors and also to revive terrorists who 'accidentally' died during interrogation. As a result of the zombie infestation, the BNA is trying to determine exactly how it happened, where it started, and also to bring out any and all records as related to the original project and also any information that could help the BNA create new infestations in hostile nations. Their orders are very, very clear: Bring out the information, including specimens if possible, and kill anyone who sees you. They are covertly supplied, always at night.

The Mercenaries: Members of Sigma Solutions, a PMC that rose to prominence after supporting the military in several overseas conflicts against terrorism, the mercenaries are on a mission to retrieve a certain, mysterious piece of technology the BNA acquired several years ago that was undergoing research at the same lab where the infestation broke out. Like the commandos, the orders are to kill anyone who gets in thier way, but they operate openly and will cooperate to a degree with the government. They draw thier supplies from the same areas as the 158th, but can depend upon thier company in case the military ejects them from thier base. Like the military, thier chain-of-command is clear-cut, but dependent upon the force of personality of thier leader.

I'm thinking of having each faction represented by at least one person, and to keep the focus down on a small part of the larger groups, like the 158th and possibly the Omega Section. Reply back with what side you'll be on, but be warned that this might change into a character RP, so have something ready.
Last edited by Kazerne on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MT/PMT: Federal Republic of Kazerne

FT: Star Republic of Kazerne

Quotes of Awesome
Veblenia--I imagine it's like being the visionary that first thought of eating eggs. "See that thing that came out of the chicken's ass? Let's cook it."

Free Soviets--the intellectual culture here is interesting. we tolerate that massive diversity better than most places i've seen, but we expect you to either argue your shit or at least be funny.

Olthar--You're asking if people on NS are insane? That's like walking into a church and asking how many people are Christian.

Tokos--Yeah clearly he doesn't know Catholic dogma. You're not supposed to hate anyone. Jews are just infidel who rather spectacularly dropped the ball.

Nateistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nateistan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:30 am

This sounds cool, can I be in the gun nuts group?
Alliances
N.A.T.E. High Commander and founder viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36686

Kazerne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazerne » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Nateistan wrote:This sounds cool, can I be in the gun nuts group?

Yep, I don't see any reason why not. Just keep it reasonable, okay? You can't have an M249 SAW or an M16 with a grenade launcher; illegal for most civilians to have. This is, after all, a city--they don't give out machine-gun licenses that easy.

Quotes of Awesome
Veblenia--I imagine it's like being the visionary that first thought of eating eggs. "See that thing that came out of the chicken's ass? Let's cook it."

Free Soviets--the intellectual culture here is interesting. we tolerate that massive diversity better than most places i've seen, but we expect you to either argue your shit or at least be funny.

Olthar--You're asking if people on NS are insane? That's like walking into a church and asking how many people are Christian.

Tokos--Yeah clearly he doesn't know Catholic dogma. You're not supposed to hate anyone. Jews are just infidel who rather spectacularly dropped the ball.

Aikita Heritage
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aikita Heritage » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Hey, I'm interested in being in the Military.. one special request thou, can I be alone? :)
Last edited by Aikita Heritage on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dashie
Secretary

Founded: Dec 28, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:52 pm

This sounds like alot of fun! That trailer was pretty cool!

Count me into the gun nuts group, if you don't have objections. My weapons of choice would be a shotgun, a sidearm pistol, and a knife.

Chaos masters
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chaos masters » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:02 pm

Can I be in the commandos?

Whats are the guns we get? I need to know.
Well maybe you could have bitched at them, thats all you seem to be good for huh?!Cm the mistress of bitch that's what they should call you. Seriously Five ancient sages of bitchdom gathered one day on the peaks of Mount Bitch to proclaim your birth. And 100 years, when all the bitch stars had aligned you were born and made everybodies life a living hell BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH!
Mushet wrote:
Galloism wrote:Those are some of my titles, yes.

Your only claim to fame on F7 is your wife and how you like to force choke her with your lightsaber
The God Eris of F7, don't like it? I will fight you for it.
The F7 Bastard Cat Warlock
Hahahaha

Kazerne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazerne » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:35 pm

Aikita Heritage wrote:Hey, I'm interested in being in the Military.. one special request thou, can I be alone? :)

You can act alone, as a sniper, say, but it would be good for the general plot if your character at least interacted with others.

Chaos masters wrote:Can I be in the commandos? Whats are the guns we get? I need to know.

The Omega Section will, for the most part, have experimental weapons, or weapons that are not mainstream in the military. For example, the XM8 rifle by Heckler and Koch and most bullpup rifles can be used by Omega, and most of thier weapons would be supressed, taking thier nature into account.

Here is how it stands:
Gun Nuts
Nateistan
Dashie

Military--2/158
Aikita Heritage

Commandos
Chaos Masters

Quotes of Awesome

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:47 pm

i shall be a mercenary. with automatic shotgun, double 40 caliber pistol, and morningstar in hand! dat weapon in mine! MINE!
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Siberiak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Siberiak » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Good Morning Comrades, the merc is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV2_rfAHCDw
Dead Serious by Bloodrunsclear

A base character sign up form if we get round to it, please improve this if you wish:
Name:
Nickname(s):
Hair colour/style:
Skin tone/colour:
Height:
Weight:
Nationality:
Profession:
Affiliation:
Appearance/clothing:
Biography:
Last edited by Siberiak on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kazerne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazerne » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Siberiak wrote:Good Morning Comrades, the merc is here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV2_rfAHCDw
Dead Serious by Bloodrunsclear

A base character sign up form if we get round to it, please improve this if you wish:
Name:
Nickname(s):
Hair colour/style:
Skin tone/colour:
Height:
Weight:
Nationality:
Profession:
Affiliation:
Appearance/clothing:
Biography:

Great idea, Siberiak. I might as well make one now, get it out of the way.
Name: Hans Brasche
Nickname: Killa
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Brown
Skin tone: Caucasian
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180 lbs (Apologies in advance to those who use the metric system; I'm an uneducated American. :p )
Nationality: Kazernian
Profession: Cavalry Scout
Affiliation: 2/158, Kazernian Guard
Appearence: Micro-pattern 'dot' camoflauge, similar to real-life Bundeswher combat fatigues, Interceptor vest, Kevlar helmet
Biography: A professional soldier, Hans Brasche entered the service right after high school, initially enlisting in the Reserves and earning his bachelor's degree in Classical Literature from the University of Wilsterkomm, in Kazerne's capitol. Going into active duty after graduation, Brasche was quickly promoted to Feldwebel (Sergeant, OR-6), and now has command of one Puma IFV, with its crew of three and accompanying team of six soldiers.

Quotes of Awesome

Siberiak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Siberiak » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Name: Nikolai Zaitsev
Nickname(s): Comrade
Eye colour: Grey
Hair colour: Black
Skin tone: Light-skinned European
Height: 6”9”
Weight: 190lbs
Nationality: Siberiakan
Profession: Mercenary
Affiliation: Sigma Solutions
Appearance/clothing: Dark Grey combat jacket, Greenish-Grey Military Shirt, Light Grey Trousers, Black Military Boots, Black Combat Gloves, AOSafety CB Gas Mask.
Biography: A former peacekeeper in the WA, Zaitsev was like any of the blue helmeted drones that they called peacekeepers. However, that was not to last. At the age of 24, during a patrol they were besieged by a local mob of people begging for food and orders were not to help the locals so Zaitsev jumped out of the jeep to try and move the locals. After five minutes of shouting tensions broke, and one local rushed Zaitsev with a scythe, without think Zaitsev grabbed out of the scythe and struck the local in the head. Zaitsev was dishonourably discharged from the peacekeeper. A year afterwards Zaitsev was offered a position at Sigma Solutions, since then he has been involved in several missions with Sigma with a reputation for having zero empathy towards the enemy.

Aikita Heritage
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aikita Heritage » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:23 am

Kay, I'll sign up..

Name: Akira Nakamura
Nickname(s): Sharkie
Eye colour: Brown
Hair colour/style: Light Brown
Skin tone/colour: Light Brown
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 63 kg
Nationality: Aikita
Profession: Counter-Terrorism
Affiliation: Military
Appearance/clothing: Military uniform

Biography: Coming from a broken family, Akira wasn't the happiest kid on earth. He arrived at Kazerne at the age of 12 as an illegal immigrant alongside with his sister in search for a better living. They rented a small room in an apartment which was situated in the suburbs and they're always harassed by their not-so-friendly neighbors, especially Aisa, the sister. Things were alright for the time being but on one Sunday afternoon, while running daily errands, Akira saw that his neighbor was taking advantage of Aisa. Akira was reckless when it comes to his sister and assaulted him to protect her. Akira was eventually arrested by the local authorities at the age of 24 and was filled for assault. However, the court was unable to put charges because Akira wasn't a Kazernian. But, the court saw pity and allow Akira to do 5 years of National Service to serve his punishment and to earn him and his sister a Kazernian citizenship.
Last edited by Aikita Heritage on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:24 am, edited 6 times in total.

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:30 am

Tag, but I can't watch the vid until tomorrow, as everyone else here is sleeping, and my headphones aren't working.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:31 am

Name: turg sonda
Nickname(s): turd, soda, turf, honda, wildman.
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour/style: nearly black brown. very, very messy and curly
Skin tone/colour: white.
Height: 6 feet.
Weight: 180 lb.
Nationality: mutt.
Profession: formerely a scientist studyng the idea of revival or life in small animals.
Affiliation: mercenary.
Appearance/clothing: trench coat and fedora with bland clothes underneath.
Biography: fresh out of college, turg quickly found a job at biolabs, working on a military projects. he had some moral issues with the project, but he qiuckly got over them. his job was to help an elderly scienstist see if he could bring to life smaller, more manegable animals, so that they could transfer that technique to humans. unfortunatly, the outbreak occured before they found anything. before the outbreak, turg had been through much of the lab. enough to be useful to the mercenaries...
weapons: automatic shotgun, double 40 caliber pistol, and mideval morningstar
theme song: hands of doom.
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Nateistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nateistan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:23 am

Name: Nathaniel A. Tyrano ( i'm not being vain I actually have a plan for this character involving the meaning of this name.)
Nickname: Nate, Natie boy, Nat
eye color: dark brown
Hair color/style: dark brown, almost black. Julius ceaser style haircut.
Skin tone: white, but with a tan
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 140 lbs
Nationality: Nateistani
Profession: med student
Affiliation: Gun Nuts
Appearance/ clothing: navy blue T-shirt, jeans, sneakers. Backpack, tired looking.
Biography: Came to study abroad, working in the hospital when the first infected came in. During rounds, he thought he saw a body bag move. He was In the on call room when the first attacks started. He grabbed some medical supplies, and a dead security guards pistol. He but the medical supplies in his backpack and got the Eff out of there. Now he's trying to figure out what to do, In his appartment.
Weapons / Equiptment: backpack filled with medical supplies. M9 barretta.
Last edited by Nateistan on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:48 am, edited 11 times in total.
Alliances
N.A.T.E. High Commander and founder viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36686

Chaos masters
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chaos masters » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:10 am

Fine since We are going this way
Name: Vayne Rorak
Nickname(s): Chaos, Devios, Alucard
Eye color:Red
Hair color/style: Short black hair, somewhat spiked
Skin tone/color: White
Height:6'2
Weight: 145 pds
Nationality: Unknown
Profession: Assassin
Affiliation: Unknown
Appearance/clothing: black jeans, black T-shirt, glasses, trench-coat or a long sleeve fleece with a long collar
Biography: He was orphaned by a long forgotten war. Soon after he disappeared for ten years. When he was next seen he had become almost inhuman with extreme endurance and in top physical condition. He's a fantastic shot, very calm and collected unless made angry. He was contacted one week after the infestation broke out. He speaks very rarely to anyone. Has little to no compassion for others. His only solace is being alone, or taking care of his cat.
Well maybe you could have bitched at them, thats all you seem to be good for huh?!Cm the mistress of bitch that's what they should call you. Seriously Five ancient sages of bitchdom gathered one day on the peaks of Mount Bitch to proclaim your birth. And 100 years, when all the bitch stars had aligned you were born and made everybodies life a living hell BECAUSE YOU ARE SUCH A BITCH!
Mushet wrote:
Galloism wrote:Those are some of my titles, yes.

Your only claim to fame on F7 is your wife and how you like to force choke her with your lightsaber
The God Eris of F7, don't like it? I will fight you for it.
The F7 Bastard Cat Warlock
Hahahaha

Kazerne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazerne » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 am

Here is how it stands:

Gun Nuts
Nateistan
Dashie

Military
Aikita Heritage
Kazerne

Commandos
Chaos Masters

Mercenaries
Siberiak
Murgoth

I'll leave the sign-up open for a few more days, then start the actual IC thread. It'd be nice if we didn't let this die after a few days, ya hear?

Quotes of Awesome

Joukaai
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Joukaai » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:18 am

Name: Hienz Ferber
Nickname(s): The Wolf
Eye colour: Green
Hair colour/style: Blonde, Flat Top buzz cut
Skin tone/colour: Caucasian
Height: 6'2
Weight: 220
Nationality: Christstan
Profession: Military Liaison/ Substitute Commander
Affiliation: 2/158
Appearance/clothing: He wears the grey and black officer's Uniform of a Christstani Lt. Colonel. He bears the Imperial Cross in Oak Leaves and swords plus several other distinctions. In combat, he will don body armor in urban camo. He can frequently be seen smoking a cigar.
Biography: Born and raised in Christstan, Hienz followed the footsteps of his forefathers and enrolled at the Imperial War Academy where he graduated top of his class. Serving with distinction, he rose through the ranks. Sent as a Liaison to Kazerene due to their recent wars (? you seemed to suggest something like this) he was in the city when the outbreak occurred. After several officers were killed or turned, Ferber was asked to step in as a replacement officer in the ground forces.

[Hope this is alright with you. Also, I didn't realize that I was on my puppet nation, so yeah, I am Christstan.]
The Tropican Republic of Joukaai (Factbook) | NSEconomy (I RP only about a third of this) | Cent Jours II (Napoleonic Era RP) (In development at the moment, let me know if you are interested in reviving this via pm!)

Kazerne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazerne » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 am

Joukaai wrote:Name: Hienz Ferber
Nickname(s): The Wolf
Eye colour: Green
Hair colour/style: Blonde, Flat Top buzz cut
Skin tone/colour: Caucasian
Height: 6'2
Weight: 220
Nationality: Christstan
Profession: Military Liaison/ Substitute Commander
Affiliation: 2/158
Appearance/clothing: He wears the grey and black officer's Uniform of a Christstani Lt. Colonel. He bears the Imperial Cross in Oak Leaves and swords plus several other distinctions. In combat, he will don body armor in urban camo. He can frequently be seen smoking a cigar.
Biography: Born and raised in Christstan, Hienz followed the footsteps of his forefathers and enrolled at the Imperial War Academy where he graduated top of his class. Serving with distinction, he rose through the ranks. Sent as a Liaison to Kazerene due to their recent wars (? you seemed to suggest something like this) he was in the city when the outbreak occurred. After several officers were killed or turned, Ferber was asked to step in as a replacement officer in the ground forces.

[Hope this is alright with you. Also, I didn't realize that I was on my puppet nation, so yeah, I am Christstan.]

Not a problem. Based upon your character's bio, he'll probably be something along the lines of squadron XO, maybe even acting commander for one of the troops (In armored formations, a troop is a company and a squadron is a battalion. Don't ask me why it's like that; armies have some odd traditions.)

Quotes of Awesome

Aikita Heritage
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aikita Heritage » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:32 am

Its nice to read each other's bio :lol:

Joukaai
Envoy

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Joukaai » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:59 am

Excellent, he could take ground troops, armor, or both. Christstani military doctrine stresses combined arms and the utilization of armor and mechanized units. He realizes that despite his rank, he may be under the command of lower ranked officers cause this isn't his army. He has been ordered to asses the situation or can't get in contact with Christstani High Command, I am not sure about what communications abilities we have with the outside.
The Tropican Republic of Joukaai (Factbook) | NSEconomy (I RP only about a third of this) | Cent Jours II (Napoleonic Era RP) (In development at the moment, let me know if you are interested in reviving this via pm!)

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 am

Name: Elliot Salem
Nickname(s): Trigger-Happy son of a *****, idiot, stop shooting the hostages, and many more...
Hair colour/style: brown
Skin tone/colour: tanned
Height: 1m74?
Weight: Not like I keep a record...
Nationality: American
Profession: PMC-operative
Affiliation: T.W.O.
Appearance/clothing: armor plated gear - mask with flame graffiti, bulletproof.
Weaponry: AS-KR1, a custom-made gun, built in stun/explosive grenade laucher and scope.
S0-Z Grand Pinger, a very stable sniper with top precision and a built in grenade launcher
for long distance grenade...erm...launching?
Desert Eagle, customized so it doesn't make a sound when fired
Biography: Used to be a small time 'gansta', but got joined the US Army Rangers after some 'mishaps'.
Met some guy named Rios over there. We left and joined SSC, a PMC, in order to get some more cash out of our profession. After earning some sweet cash, we had to kill some crazy guy who took over SSC and earned some more cash. Then we decided to found our own PMC: T.W.O.
We headed for Shanghai for a little errand, ending up in a big time pool of chaos. Nothing special though, shooting in a zoo, killing lots of bad guys. All in a day's work as I always say.
After we killed some crazy guy we left Shangai, joined up with this PMC for some joint-ops.
snapshot! :p
Last edited by Esternial on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aikita Heritage
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Aikita Heritage » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 am

Esternial wrote:Name: Elliot Salem
Nickname(s): Trigger-Happy son of a *****, idiot, stop shooting the hostages, and many more...
Weaponry: AS-KR1, a custom-made gun, built in stun/explosive grenade laucher and scope.
S0-Z Grand Pinger, a very stable sniper with top precision and a built in grenade launcher
Biography: Used to be a small time 'gansta', but got joined the US Army Rangers after some 'mishaps'.
Met some guy named Rios over there. We left and joined SSC, a PMC, in order to get some more cash out of our profession. After earning some sweet cash, we had to kill some crazy guy who took over SSC and earned some more cash. Then we decided to found our own PMC: T.W.O.
We headed for Shanghai for a little errand, ending up in a big time pool of chaos. Nothing special though, shooting in a zoo, killing lots of bad guys. All in a day's work as I always say.
After we killed some crazy guy we left Shangai, joined up with this PMC for some joint-ops.

Super fan of Army of Two?

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:26 am

Aikita Heritage wrote:
Esternial wrote:Name: Elliot Salem

Super fan of Army of Two?

How could you tell? :lol:

Kazerne
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazerne » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:30 am

Joukaai wrote:Excellent, he could take ground troops, armor, or both. Christstani military doctrine stresses combined arms and the utilization of armor and mechanized units. He realizes that despite his rank, he may be under the command of lower ranked officers cause this isn't his army. He has been ordered to asses the situation or can't get in contact with Christstani High Command, I am not sure about what communications abilities we have with the outside.

Okay, I think I see what's happening. I haven't been exactly clear about what 2/158 is.
The 158th is an Armored Cavalry Regiment, which is essentially a beefed-up regiment that has a lot of punch and very little 'tail'--that is, dependency on outside logistics and outside command & control elements. An ACR has helicopters, artillery, armor, and mechanized infantry all in one package, so essentially it is an entire combined-arms outfit.

The individual squadrons, or battalions, in regular army terminology, have main battle tanks and armored personnel carriers, which means they also have thier own infantry, trained to act in coordination with armored forces. In war-time situations, though, doctrine calls for each individual squadron to recieve detachments of artillery and helicopters, but in practice these formations are different squadrons in thier own right. Only in a martial-law situation or individual deployment situation do the squadrons recieve these detachments, to provide flexibility. So, your character will be working in a combined-arms environment anyways. I hope this cleared up any questions that you or anyone else had about the military side of it.

And, before you ask, the Kazernian Guard is 1)The title for the army, and 2)They have equipment very similar to the German Bundeswher, so check out the Wikipedia page to get an idea for what they're equipped with.

Quotes of Awesome

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents