NATION

PASSWORD

The New Dawn Rises (MT, Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Gerisa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

The New Dawn Rises (MT, Open)

Postby Gerisa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:57 am

Malius, Gerisa
Revolution Day
Today, the streets of Malius, the capital city of the former Republic of Gerisa, became the site of a mass popular revolution. Fed up with decades of corruption, a severe economic recession, the squandering of the nation's resources by foreign corporations, and the greed and incompetence of democratic politicians, a fundamental transformation has now occurred. At it's center, a political movement calling itself The New Dawn. Claiming adherence to the radical ideals of the New Dawn ideology, led by a mysterious, charismatic figure only known as "The Leader" the New Dawn movement has today seized supreme political power, backed up by armed force from members of the New Dawn movement and mass popular support.

The newly anointed "Great Leader" of Gerisa gave a fiery speech outside the Presidential Palace, officially dissolving the Constitution and all political parties of the former Republic of Gerisa. Proclaiming the formation of the United Republic of Gerisa, he officially proclaimed the formation of the New Dawn Party as the vanguard party of the New Dawn society being constructed in Gerisa.

Addressing a crowd of millions of cheering citizens. The Great Leader stated
"Today, we have achieved a historic victory. We have destroyed a degenerate ideology in our own country, and begun the process that will lead to a pure New Dawn state. Our historic victory today is just the beginning. The New Dawn revolution is one that shall spread all over the world, by force of arms if necessary. The old Gerisa is just the first of the degenerate nations of the world that shall fall before the glorious New Dawn revolution, soon all others shall be swept away by the cleansing fires of the New Dawn revolution, and the creation of the One World will soon be upon us."

Immediately after, news was broadcast all over the world of this glorious victory. The Great Leader has expressed his hope that other political parties and movements in nations around the world will embrace the New Dawn ideology and seize power. The New Dawn Party issued a revolutionary proclamation calling on the New Dawn movement to immediately spread all over the world, and bring about the final dream of the One World.

Time will tell how the international community will react to this revolution, the first of it's kind in the entire world.

(OOC: Ok, I shall be restarting this ideology for RP purposes with a new nation, and more detail.

For those who want to join, please read up on my ideology on my Factbook below before you post, so you know how to respond to this revolution.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ger ... ok/id=main

Rules for participation.
1: I am the OP.
2: War may come, but let it escalate realistically diplomatically first. War between nations will only occur if it comes to that.
3: No WMD's
4: Be polite and respectful
5: Clearly distinguish OOC and IC
6: Have fun RPing.
Last edited by Gerisa on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Nation is RP'ed as a hyper-aggressive military power using the New Dawn Ideology.
Please use this information in RP's with me. And feel free to contact me and use it for your own nation if you wish.
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=ger ... /id=460997

It does not reflect my Real life views in any way.

Gerisa
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerisa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:40 pm

OOC: Bump
My Nation is RP'ed as a hyper-aggressive military power using the New Dawn Ideology.
Please use this information in RP's with me. And feel free to contact me and use it for your own nation if you wish.

United Tiberia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Tiberia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:52 pm

"How do we respond?" Colonel Brandt cocked his head to the side a bit, speaking almost to himself. The dark, shadowed cabinet chamber was not exactly the most welcoming place to be summoned to, especially not as a relatively low level intelligence officer. He had always figured being assigned to Gerisa would be prove to be boring beyond belief. No major ties with Tiberia or her enemies, a passive republican government, utterly dull. And then....this. He looked around at the various faces seated at the oak table. although this meeting room was ostensibly reserved for the high chancellor's official cabinet, only a few of those well known faces sat here tonight. The rest were members of an altogether different group: the chancellor's "Shadow Cabinet". Top intelligence officials, state security division heads, and handpicked military officers. Domestic policy might still rest in the party chosen hands of the daylight cabinet, but it was form this group that Tiberia decided exactly how to flex it's international muscle.

"We have no real ties with the country, and no economic interests whatsoever." One of the military officers mused "Frankly I'm not sure any response is even warranted, other than perhaps a casual pat on the back in the media" he gestured to the minister of propaganda seated to his left. The minister in question, a tall, thin man by the name of James Knight, forced a smile.

"On the contrary" Interjected the foreign minister. "This New Dawn movement mirrors many of the policies of our own party. We should use this as an opportunity to extend a hand in friendship, develop a productive working relationship!"

A momentary silence engulfed the room, before a quiet, well proportioned hand slowly raised itself, as if to silence the very thoughts of all those seated. All present turned to face the head of the table. Brandt began sweating. He had never actually seen the center of Tiberian politics in person, let alone heard him speak so close.

"This presents..." An aristocratic, deep voice annunciated. "An interesting opportunity." The room remained in silence, but their confusion was clear...except that is, for Knight, who genuinely smiled a bit. The high chancellor continued "We haven't had a good revolution in a while... not one close by anyway. Our people, thanks in no small part to our aggressive and intelligent leadership, have known nothing but peace and stability for quite a time. This is counterproductive. People need a monster to fight, and they need a cause to get excited about. Forgive me, ministers, but monthly crop yields haven't exactly been a good reason to switch on state TV recently. Therefore..." He gestured around the room "Lets use this to mobilize our population a bit." He pointed to Knight "I want breaking news about this on all channels, and I don't want it to be positive." He pointed to the foreign minister "I want you to draft a PUBLIC communiqe to Gerisa condemning their unwarrantedly violent revolution, and demanding that they stop their many human rights abuses." The foreign minister looked taken aback "Have their been any?"

Knight smirked "Does it matter? They'll be in question simply because we say there are some."

The chancellor gestured to the rest of them "The rest of you, link arms between the military and the intelligences services. Dig up some dirt on this movement and their leader, and if you can't find any then MAKE some. I want Tiberian military forces not on leave put on active alert. Call it a training exercise for now."

He stood up, and took one final look around the room. "Dismissed!"

THIS, IS TIBERIAN CENTRAL NEWS

Good Evening folks, I'm Jack Prospero, the voice of Tiberia. I'd like to start tonight's show with breaking news out of the country of Gerisa. Apparently there's been a revolution ladies and gentlemen, and I warn you, it's not pretty. Now, I'm all for the end to weak democracy, don't get me wrong, but these psychopaths have taken it to a new level. They've apparently done away with all political parties AND the constitution as well? Can you believe that? Sounds to me like they'd be much more popular with anarchists than authoritarians, but I suppose that's the decision of their "leader". Have I mentioned him? This man, this.....shadow...shall I say, hasn't even revealed his identity. I have to say folks, I don't trust any man who can't shout his name loud and proud, and I don't trust any man with the gaul to use a title like "the leader". Really makes you think, doesn't it ladies and gentlemen. It's the kind of story that makes you damn proud to be living in a nation like ours, where the rule of law is respected and the leadership doesn't hide behind titles and thugs. Our government has already drafted a condemnation of this revolution, and is apparently going to attempt to make contact with moderates in Gerisa, to re-establish SOME semblance of sanity to the capital. Speaking of back home, however, this month's crop yields reached epic highs, as farmers.....
Last edited by United Tiberia on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defcon level:
5: disarmed
[4]: on alert
3:mobilized for war
2: war
1: total war

Aleckandor
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aleckandor » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:20 pm

The Executoreum | Pandomonita | Towne Of The Confederates (TOTC)
Morast Province [MR] | Nord Yervhenn | Aleckandorean Confederacy

"Yesterday, at noon, mass rioting followed by paramilitary clashes with authorities in Malius - the capital city of the nation of Gerisa - occurred in accordance with other similar uprisings taking place across the country. The NDM, or 'New Dawn Movement', has openly claimed responsibility for the overthrow of the former Republic, citing that political, economic, and social degeneracy to be their primary motivating factor for right-wing populist revolution. Gerisa, underneath the mysterious and as of yet nameless 'Leader', has re-established itself as the URG, or United Republic Of Gerisa. The democratic government underneath the old order, as well as the Constitution and other institutions such as the current party system, has reportedly been swept away into oblivion."

The Confederate Caesar of the Aleckandoreans, Rôphtór Wêhndyg, sighed as he paused the pre-recorded news report by APPA on the flatscreen. He crossed his legs together and leaned his head upon his right fist, the white executive uniform in all its gleaming grandeur refracted from the waning light of the firesides. The man, whom was gray-skinned like all of his Maeflowuhroid-Yervhennian kin and the majority of the Confederacy's citizenry, blinked and turned his eyes towards the other figures sitting left upon one of the two couches in front of him.

"There's nothing morally wrong with shifting the order of things in our world, with the disturbance of a flow in the time of men and their passions." he then softly said. "However, too often do many fail to realize that their revolutions are caught in the quagmire of unenlightened thought. Too often does the march of history reverse itself, instead of being permitted to quantum leap forward."

"In the case of Gerisa, this is no different. In the place of an inefficient and corrupt system, a system of vile tyranny lulls the hearts and minds of the people into intellectual complacency. Instead of thinking for themselves, they choose one man - one state - to do the thinking for them, to fool them into believing that they are destined for godhood, for total dominance. And the result shall, like it has been in the past, lead to their marching upon the world in conquering glory - only to be reduced to ruin and depravity, a far worse state than the one they had left before." The Caesar then sat up.

"What do you think of all this then, Mr. Sairhomin?" asked Wehndyg. Vhänz Sairhómín, the clandestine and ever-enigmatic Steward of appointed control over the Black Operations Brigade Of Aleckandor (BOBA), folded his arm and lay back in his seat before speaking.

"Fascism," he answered slyly, "Is an ideology that is, as you may know, counter the principles of everything our vast civilization stands for. Like Communism, it promises the world for its target audience of specific identity then delivers nothing. Nothing but ruin, that is, as you have just delineated, my Caesar. In all the realms of Alecksdom, we have only but one objective prerogative that we can reconcile with fascism: the concept of struggle, and the glory and merit that abides it."

"But that's where the difference ends. When the New Dawn in Gerisa talk of struggle, they speak of waging wars of conquest against those they view as 'degenerate', those whom they deride and declare to be weak or unworthy of an existence. However, the Aleckandorean man fights his battles because he loves the freedom that he has been redeemed with, because he wants others to experience a life worth living. We are but a small but significant part in the never-ending war for a Free World against a Slave World. As our friends the Vadians say-"

"The truly strong prey upon the strong, not the weak." cut in the Caesar, completing the proverb.

"Exactly, sir." affirmed the Black Ops Steward.

"So I presume, then, that we should keep tabs upon the Gerisans?" the man sitting next to the Sairhomin, Foreign Policy Advisor Taibóhr Äúzhêstár, "Do we have any sort of cells in the country, anybody on-site to feed us data and information with? We obviously don't have official channels with them, and even if we did, they'd have been severed by now or soon if not immediately."

"By chance, we have one dormant local cell." Sairhomin answered Auzhestar's query. "I can make one phone call, and the Brigade's indigenous operatives will get on the move."

Suddenly, the Foreign Policy Advisor's cellular rang. He took it out and answered it quickly.

"Auzhestar here." he uttered quaintly, and then listened for a few seconds. "Understood." He dropped the call and turned to the Caesar. "May I see the remote, sir?" he asked. Rophtor gave it to him, to which the Advisor tuned into one of the thousands of live channels the Executoreum's own screens had connected to on signals broadcasting from all over the globe. It was TCN, Tiberian Central News, the state media outlet for the Nationalist Republic Of United Tiberia.

"Why are we watching this, Taibohr?" asked the Caesar, but then he soon realized. The groveling personality in that distant studio, a certain Jack Prospero of Tiberia, was discussing the very same subject: the recent upheaval in Gerisa. The tirade ended a few short minutes later and then the Advisor muted the set, turning to Caesar.

"Knowing these sorts of authoritarian regimes, sir," he started, "It's very likely that Jack Prospero was, in fact, not declaring his own opinion. The state manufactures opinion, and therefore, this is the true stance that the Tiberian government has in response to the situation at hand. Quite intriguing for a country who has almost the exact same party line, I must say."

"Intriguing, indeed, Mr. Auzhestar." nodded Wehndyg. "Intriguing, indeed." He turned to Sairhomin.

"Find me some literature on Tiberian politics and their economic figures, Vhanz. And tell your people to start building their contacts and piping in daily reports from the ground. Taibohr, I want you to begin preparing an official comment on the New Dawn uprising condemning it. I will contact General Rainwaters and see what our nearest military outpost of opportunity is and bring them to high alert. Tyrants don't have to wait long before their flock grow restless for the conquest they were promised." he then said. He stood up from his leather chair; the others followed in his ascent.

"The night is young, gentlemen." he announced. "There is much work for all of us to do. Let's go." And they all left the room.
♜♞♝ ~ THE GLOBAL SOVEREIGN CONFEDERACY OF ALECKANDOR ~ ♝♞♜
The IC demonym is "Aleckandorean(s)". Just call me Aleck.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Noralia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Breaking News

Postby Noralia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:53 pm

NORALIAN TV NEWS 24 BROADCAST, 16:30 NST

"We have breaking news from Gerisa. A revolution has taken down the democratic government an hour ago, bringing an enigmatic individual known as 'The Leader' from the ultranationalist New Dawn Party into power. In his speech earlier at the capital Malius today The Leader had this to say, and we quote, 'we have achieved a historic victory. We have destroyed a degenerate ideology in our own country, and begun the process that will lead to a pure New Dawn state. Our historic victory today is just the beginning.' unquote.

Meanwhile, the government had no comments at this time about the revolution in Gerisa. We will give updates has they happen."

PRESIDENT'S PALACE
Capitol City, Noralia, 16:35 NST

He turned off the TV. "So, first it's Sovendia, and now this?" President Ivan Lopez sighed with a trace of exhaustion. "How many Noralians this time?" he asked his Security Adviser.

"DFA says there are around 50 Noralians in Gerisa, mostly in Malius. Mostly office workers and some tourists. We are trying to contact them." the Security Adviser answered.

The President reached for his telephone. "Hello, give me Sec. Askand." A couple seconds of silence and then, "Hi Askand. Have you seen the news? Yes, yes. Draft a message for the new government. I know, he hates democratic nations, but do try. Very well. When you're done, don't send it yet. Go over my office and let's work it out with me and the Security Adviser. Thanks. And remember: no leaks." He then hung up.

"Sir, I think this will be a harder one than Sovendia. I don't think that the government will be keen to listen to us like the Sovendians did," the Security Advisor said.

President Lopez sighed. "I know, but we'll have to see if diplomacy can help us bring our citizens home. In any case, let's start planning if it doesn't. Tell the Chiefs of Staff and the Head of the Special Army Services to come over later tonight."
Last edited by Noralia on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Federation of Noralia...
  1. is MT (rarely PT)
  2. has a population of 72 million (36 million if PT)
  3. has an average and a growing economy
  4. is a federal republic, with a federal president and two state presidents
  5. uses SOME of the things stated in the Nation Overview such as space capability, nukes and compulsary military service.
  6. uses 1 NS dollar = 2.65 Noralian pesos as exchange rate.

Gerisa
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerisa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:06 pm

Malius, The United Republic of Gerisa
Presidential Palace

Having just seized supreme power over Gerisa less than 24 hours ago, the Great Leader was remarkably pleased. As of the revolution's success, he had issued a number of decrees from the Presidential Palace, including the nationalisation of several foreign owned companies, an end to the institutions of the old democracy, and a decree formalizing the New Dawn Party as the center of the new totalitarian state being created.

The Great Leader had been waiting for this day for a number of years. Disgusted by the corruption and ineffective squabbling of 'democratic' politicians in Gerisa, he had begun formulating his political ideas whilst still at university. Working at first alone, and then with a small cadre of like-minded students fed up with the corruption and moral degeneracy of their 'democracy', which stole from the people and gave the nation's resources to foreigners. He called the ideology 'The New Dawn', because it befitted the type of society he sought to create. He had worked for years, agitating loudly, formulating strikes, protests and occasional riots by his supporters. The economic recession had been the trigger for their rise, blaming the corrupt politicians of the major parties for the economic troubles, the New Dawn won massive popular support, calling for an end to the corruption and power struggles of the old democracy, calling for stability and strength, a great national reconstruction. When the old parties had refused, the New Dawn revolution had swept them aside, and the Great Leader now had the opportunity to craft his new society.

A society that would not cajole, would not ask, would not question. A society led by an elite technocracy of the most qualified and capable individuals, capable of restoring the state to the glory it deserved. A society where the population gave total obedience to the state and it's objectives, and would destroy any elements who would not do so. A society where war and conquest of inferior nations was right and proper.

But Gerisa itself was not enough, the revolution had to spread to all nations of the world if it were too be truly successful. The sun of the New Dawn must spread across the entire world and cleanse the degenerate systems of other nations. War and conquest by New Dawn states was their natural right, for they were the strongest nations, and had more ability to do so than others.

International reactions to the success of the revolution were flooding in. The reaction was almost uniformly negative.
Perfect, more to conquer later on he thought.

He toyed briefly with the idea of releasing a public declaration of his real name, but decided against it. He had used pseudonyms and false identities for years, no need to change the habit of a lifetime, for now, his new monikor of Great Leader would suffice.

Outside, his forces were harassing and destroying all traces remaining of the old society. Banning all independent press and media institutions, attacking cultural sites and artifacts that had any links with the old society or foreign powers, and seizing the property of large foreign corporations, redistributing it too patriotic citizens of Gerisa. The New Dawn Party officials had just declared the closing of all foreign embassies, and New Dawn members were closing down churches and social clubs that were not under their control. The entire nation would be fully under their control in a matter of hours. Foreign diplomats were issued a warning to leave the country within 24 hours. Planes coming out of the country were not yet grounded, but would soon be.

He began drafting a public statement, which would be circulated by the now state-run media of Gerisa, and all around the world.
Official Statement of the United Republic of Gerisa
We have heard of the condemnation of the vile degenerates of the Republic of Tiberia. Let us say this now, we don't take orders from foreign thugs who try to tell us how we can run our nation. We have just overthrown one government that was a puppet of foreign corporate interests, and we shall not allow for another one to be established.

Today, the world has been witness to a historic event, the first step on the New Dawn revolution. Soon our success here today will be replicated, fifty, one hundred, two hundred, five hundred times over. The rest of the world shall fall before us, and the glorious state of the One World shall be known to all.

Our revolution here today in Gerisa is just the beginning, we urge all like-minded people's of the world to rise up, and follow our bold example, take to the streets, protest the corruption and inefficiency of your government. Sweep away the institutions of the unworthy, and seize power into the hands of those who deserve it. The New Dawn revolution has begun, and our movement is at it's centre.

Those who join us shall live in the global prosperity that is the One World. Those who do not join us, and instead choose to defend their degenerate societies shall be subject to conquest and subjugation at the hands of the New Dawn state. We hereby claim our right to obtain new lands and territory from any inferior states.

Anybody caught opposing our revolution on behalf of foreign powers will be shot, with no questions asked. Any foreign spies will be shot, with no exceptions. The One World is nearly upon us. All who stand in our way shall be swept aside by the glorious march of the New Dawn.

To all the nations of the world. You will bow before us, or die.

There, that should set their blood running more. He was of course, not really so irrational as to think that Gerisa was in any position to conquer other nations immediately,, he hoped of course, that the New Dawn ideology might inspire other political parties and movements around the world to adopt it as their own, maybe even seize control of their own countries in light of this victory, but the Great Leader knew it would take time for Gerisa to be ready for conquest. But in the meantime, trying to ferment revolutionary upheavals abroad in their favour was a tactic that would be pursued. There were many people who had read his books, knew of his ideology, none were as organised as the New Dawn Party that had just seized control in Gerisa of course, but there were. He hoped that those in other nations would respond to his public call and begin to organise and agitate against their current authorities.

Whilst foreign powers dithered over how to respond, Gerisa would grow economically and militarily, it would increase it's strengths, and embark on glorious campaigns of conquest against all those states that stood in it's way. But for now, he needed to consolidate the New Dawn Party's control and deal with foreign reactions. This was their most vulnerable stage, when they were just beginning to consolidate their control. A few isolated holdouts of old Gerisa were still not fully under New Dawn control, although within three hours, they would be, and the construction of the ideal New Dawn society could begin.

The Great Leader's time had arrived, and he was not going to waste it. The time for the rise of the New Dawn was now.

(OOC: Great work so far guys, please feel free to RP any small protests etc, that might develop from New Dawn sympathisers in your nation as well, or have your own leaders read New Dawn literature to find out more about the ideology.

I predict this will be bad, a totalitarian political movement seeking world conquest seizing control of a foreign country is not something any nation is particularly keen on.

Keep it up)

Palaiologos II
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Palaiologos II » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:13 pm

"...thank you, Michael, now for foreign news. First off, no new information has reached us from the Pacific Front in our aid of the Red Faction in the Marshalls. Now then; after a mass popular revolution in the Republic of Gerisa that occurred just yesterday, the country's entire political system is in turmoil. Their constitution has been dissolved, democracy abolished, and a new man simply called "The Leader" is in charge. Several governments have already denounced the so-called New Dawn party that now controls the nation. Basileus Ionnes has yet to release an opinion. "

Basileus Ionnes shut off the television and stood from his desk. He walked towards the other end of the office where several members of his cabinet sat: Dionysios, diplomacy; Alexander, war; Nikolas, espionage; Lukas, economy.
"So," he began, "While you were all busy not letting me know about this, I stumbled upon it on my own and came up with a plan. While that's all well and good, I should be able to hear about events from my cabinet faster than from a well informed stranger on the street. Anyway, here it is, tell me what you think. The troops are busy out east in the Marshalls, so wars out of the question unless it's really forced on us. What I think we will do is a two pronged attack at these fascists- economic sanctions, which is where Dionysios and Lukas will work together. Then, at the same time, get some spies in there and either get some moles in the leadership of a socialist resistance movement or get one founded ourselves. Thoughts?"
Ionnes sat down and Dionysios stood. "First of all, I like the ever rare 'no war' approach. Now then, self sufficiency is one of the New Dawn's, um, 'things.' Economic sanctions will just be a punch line to them."
"Economic self sufficiency is impossible. Trade is great and Gerisa will always rely on it, whether they like it or not," interrupted Lukas.
"Alright, fair. But, as I was going to say, we should wait to see if they find powerful allies in other, similar states before we impose any material threat. A condemnation should do for now."
"Very well. Nikolas, what do you have to say?"
"Resistance movements are certainly a great front for us, but they're a dead end here. The revolution occurred just yesterday, and with popular support no less. There's no chance of a resistance movement appearing for years, unless the New Dawn really makes a mistake. We could try to infiltrate the government, but there's not promise of stability. Mr. Leader could end up being the only guy in charge, in which case spies wouldn't be relevant, or they might end up doing some sort of mass purge of the disloyal. Either way, it's a risk. I find myself siding with Chancellor Dionysios. We should let the situation develop. I can send one agent to gather information about how the public feels about the revolution and that's the best I'm willing to do for now."
"Good, good. I'll write the condemnation, you arrange for the agent. Everybody head out and do your duties. Alexander, you hang back, I want to talk to you about the situation out east."
Chancellor Dionysios, diplomatic advisor of Basileus Ionnes XXI, and his secretary, Barbara.

Noralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Out Into The Fire

Postby Noralia » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:26 pm

SOMEWHERE IN MALIUS
The United Republic of Gerisa, 22:10 NST

I should've left with my family, Paul thought. He'd seen the signs over the past couple of weeks: people mobilizing, tighter government security, violent riots. His wife and two children had left for Noralia last month. He opted to stay here because back home, he'll have a hard time getting a similar job. A records officer to a multinational beverage company, he thought his life was doing good. Now it's as if he was back at Port Jade, surrounded by the Northern forces during the Noralian Civil War six years ago.

He didn't go to work earlier--the New Dawn members had shut it down. They even had armed men at the gates. For him, it was the sign that he had to go. I must get out of here, he thought.

Paul started to pack: all of his documents, some change of clothes and the money he saved, just in case he needed to bribe anybody. He then prayed for a minute and went to his car, hoping he'll get to the airport in time before it was too late.

NORALIAN INTELLIGENCE SERVICE BUILDING
Capitol City, Noralia, 22:45 NST

"Ladies and gentlemen, as you may know, there's a change of government at Gerisa earlier today. What do we make of this? I need opinions, people." Intelligence Service Chairman Jelyn Bryshak asked all present, including the President's Security Adviser.

"Ma'am, it's scary." one of the analysts present answered. "The New Dawn Party is not your typical ultranationalist. It's imperialism, interventionism, totalitarianism and racial superiority mixed together. If they think gobbling up neighboring countries is good for business, then they'll wage war. They believe that people or countries that oppose them are 'degenerates' and they'll not think twice of dealing with them harshly."

"I don't think so," another analyst said. "They just like the loonies the police have captured a few years ago. They say big things, but can't do anything. I'm not saying we must underestimate them, but they can be dealt with easily."

The Security Adviser then spoke up. "What can you say about their military strength?"

The first analyst answered, "Well, we haven't had any time to get complete figures, even during their last government. But you can expect a lot of paramilitary troops in addition to uniformed personnel."

Chairman Bryshak added, "It's possible that there are people in their Armed Forces that are against the new regime. I expect it wouldn't be long before they are rounded up and zap!" She snapped her fingers. "They're toast."

"The President and Sec. Askand of the DFA plans to send a message to the ND government. What are your thoughts on this?" the Security Adviser asked.

The Chairman of the NIS sighed. "We can try, but don't be surprised if they fall on deaf ears. We have checked on the new leader who's been calling himself, well...'The Great Leader. Looks like he'd planned this for years, gathering strength, spreading his message, the works. He's not just the figurehead--he thinks he's the embodiment of his New Dawn ideology."

"Should we condemn the new government?" The Security Adviser asked.

"To be honest, it's hard to answer. If we do, we might make Noralia a ripe target for him. The NIS assessment is we should, one, to step up surveillance on known associates of the ND here in our country, as well as potential sympathizers. Two would be to stay neutral. No outright condemnation of the ND, considering there are Noralian citizens in Gerisa right now. Have we heard from the consulate there in Malius?" the Chairman asked.

"No, but the DFA is working to restore communications to our consulate," the Security Adviser said.

"That's not a good sign. Tell the consulate personnel to get all our citizens to leave immediately. It's on the news that the ND asks foreign diplomats should be out of Gerisa by...4 PM, Noralian time tomorrow." the Chairman said.

The Security Adviser swore. "The newsies got it first? Goddamnit, don't we have any assets there?"

"No, remember what I've said earlier: Gerisa--well, the old government--was not worthy of our attention, so we don't have operatives there. I'm sorry, but this isn't a perfect world."
Last edited by Noralia on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  1. is MT (rarely PT)
  5. uses SOME of the things stated in the Nation Overview such as space capability, nukes and compulsary military service.

Gerisa
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerisa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:32 am

Malius, Gerisa

The streets were alive with the sounds of revolution. As the chaos and confusion of the past few days was now beginning to wind down, and the citizenry began returning to their homes, under the orders of New Dawn Party officials. With the New Dawn now securely in control of all media outlets and major political and social institutions, they had managed to lock down any major means of civil resistance. The new regime had also begun the task of rounding up dissidents against the New Dawn, people who were particularly prominent for having criticised the New Dawn before it's rise to power were priority targets. Leading this purge, was the "Agency of Public Safety and National Security", effectively the secret police force of the new regime. Armed members of the New Dawn Party who had taken part in the revolution were now putting away their weapons and beginning to set themselves up in the institutions of government all around the country. The Great Leader had just issued a decree ordering the executions of several top military officers who were insufficiently loyal to the new regime. The old armed forces had been dissolved, and the remaining personnel had been amalgamated into the "National Armed Forces" (NAF) under the command of the new regime. Those who had opposed the revolution were now being eliminated. The Great Leader has re-established order and control on the streets of the capital, and the rest of the country is now beginning to stabilize, with less violence and chaos than just a few hours earlier. The National Armed Forces was beginning to receive training, and a decree authorizing the regime to make use of military conscription to boost military numbers had been issued.

With something resembling a functioning government, a new armed forces under the regime's control, and measures being taken too silence dissidents, the New Dawn Party appeared to be in the process of fully consolidating it's control over the country, even as international condemnations come pouring in, the process of closing foreign embassies and consulates in Gerisa continued.

The Great Leader had called a meeting of the top officials of the New Dawn Council, now effectively the body responsible for ruling the country. They would be meeting tommorow to discuss how to boost the economy, create jobs and respond to international condemnation.

The Tekkit Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tekkit Guy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:41 am

"Good morning, Tekkit Empire! Today's top international headline: a revolutionary extreme rightist movement has taken the small country of Gerisa by storm. The democratic, though stagnant and corrupt, government has been officially supplanted by a dictator known only as the 'great leader' who uses force to suppress political dissidence." the female reporter went on, cheerfully despite the inherent seriousness of a quasi-fascist revolution.

Nicholas III turned off the TV and rested his forehead on his palm before opening a drawer in his desk, and proceeding to pouring himself a shot of whiskey and quickly downing it. He then pressed the intercom button next to his phone.

"Get me the Minister of Foreign Relations and the Minister of Defense." he said. It wasn't long before the two men entered his office and took seats in front of his desk.

"alright, how many Tekkitians are in Gerisa right now?" He asked

"We're not sure. Probably a few dozen tourists, its not exactly a nearby place nor an ideal vacation area." Replied the Minister of Foreign Relations. "It looks like the regime's really cracking down on its people, our citizens could be in danger."

"Alright, I want the Bureau of Citizen Safety to issue a Travel Warning to Gerisa on grounds of potential civil instability and totalitarianism. We can only hope their sea and airports stay open long enough to get our people out of there. Otherwise, we might need to execute a Civil Evacuation, and you both know how much I dislike putting civilians on military vehicles. Just for good measure, send out a helicopter carrier to the region with light escorts."

And following their meeting the Pocket Carrier TNS St. Anthony set sail from Terrace along with 2 battlecruisers, 2 destroyers, 1 frigate, and 1 anti-sub/minelayer corvette, a relatively small detachment of the Capital Fleet.
"The Tekkit Guy" is my username, "The Holy Tekkit Empire" is my country.

Read my Nation's IIWiki Page! http://iiwiki.com/wiki/The_Holy_Tekkit_Empire

United Tiberia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Tiberia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:53 am

Malius, Gerisa
"I don't know...six...maybe seven?" Lockwood lightly tapped his fingers against the balcony, careful not to draw attention to himself. In the Maliusian street below, a small group of New Dawn paramilitaries were roughing up what appeared to be a foreign journalist. Lockwood knew the frightened man wasn't speaking Gerisan, but he couldn't place exactly what it was. Either way, there was little he could do for him now. Timothy Lockwood was under strict orders to not engage, to lay as low as possible while things were still hot. The Military Intelligence Bureau had paradropped him and his three team mates in only last night, and he was still getting a feel for the country.

"Poor bastard must have been trying to report on the chaos." A female voice whispered in his earpiece "Would you call that bravery or stupidity?"

"I've never known someone to have one without the other" Lockwood responded with a disinterested chuckle. He soon turned away from the street abuse, returning inside, to one of the MIB's three safehouses in the city. Established hastily on the orders of high command, the apartments were still a bit sparse, and constantly rotated between. This one was especially spartan, with nothing more than a bed, desk, and a few kitchen utensils placed lazily on the countertop. Suddenly, a knock came from the door. Lockwood stiffened, and walked over to the desk while calling "Be right there!" In passable Gerisan. He opened the drawer and grabbed his silenced pistol, stuffing it into the back of his pants. He kept one hand on the handle as he walked over to the door, and opened it slowly. Standing before him were three of the militia members from the street, armed with police batons. "Oh god..." Lockwood murmured

TNS Ramada, somewhere off the coast of Gerisa
Captain Marx was tense. All the ships they could have sent to cover Gerisa, and high command chose to send a single damn helicopter carrier. They were barely equipped to handle an enemy destroyer, let alone any possible capital ships that could show up. Marx knew that the seventh fleet was close enough to join him but noooo, "too aggressive". He looked out over the water, where a line of green coastline could just barely be made out. If he was gonna spend days just sitting here, he was at least gonna do it at a safe distance....
Defcon level:
5: disarmed
[4]: on alert
3:mobilized for war
2: war
1: total war

Palaiologos II
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Palaiologos II » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:02 pm

In the basement if the KYP Building, the Palaiologian intelligence agency, the printing presses loudly hummed. Spymaster Nikolas had, after sending an agent of Gerisan descent to monitor life in Gerisa, taken it upon himself to hatch a little plan on the side. He took a small pamphlet off one machine and flipped through it quickly. He and Dionysios had written it up the other night after the meeting, and he was proud of the result.

The People Betrayed

For too long we, the Gerisans and the people, have lived under the boot. We have toiled beneath a corrupt and and broken democracy, and just a few days ago bravely thrown it off. However, we have made a grave and tragic mistake. We have risen brutes to power who promise greatness and deliver death. We have voted away our right to vote, and we have sold off our rights in the hopes that it will make us free. He have put on shackles, to better move, and we have shut off the lights to better see. We have given the country to one single man, a single lunatic at that who has already begun murdering all who oppose him. When he is out of those people, he will without a doubt find a new group to murder. He will murder those deemed 'unfit',' and the fit will help him until they too are deemed unfit. The economy will crumble without foreign cooperation. Our children will become the victims of a blood sacrifice to countless meaningless wars and...

It went on like this for pages. The only question now was distribution, and that was barely a question. Three agents posing as civilian activists were to bring the pamphlets, of which there were more than enough to be read by entire cities, by boat. They should spend several weeks giving them out, and then return home. If captured, the government could claim no responsibility for the actions of a few of it's citizens. The agents were willing to die for the cause, but preferably they would return home safely. Meanwhile, according to the agent, life in Gerisa seemed bad enough that this very early attempt to sow dissent may just work. Or maybe not. Time would tell.
Chancellor Dionysios, diplomatic advisor of Basileus Ionnes XXI, and his secretary, Barbara.

Noralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Getting Out

Postby Noralia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm

MALIUS AIRPORT
The United Republic of Gerisa, 05:33 NST

It was hard getting into the airport. Paul passed three checkpoints along the way, with the intention of weeding out those who oppose the New Dawn government. He had to trade his wristwatch and most of his money for safe passage. When he arrived at the airport terminal, he sighed with relief.

Only to be stuck here for hours, waiting for a plane out of Gerisa.

He just woke up from a nap when he saw a line of diplomats going through the airport lobby. The guards accompanying them had little flags on their shoulders.

The Noralian Diplomat Guards.

Paul didn't hesitate and ran towards the diplomats, clutching his passport and travel documents.

Consul General to Gerisa Wyggan Faust was looking forward to returning home. The past few weeks were tense, culminating with a government takeover. He wasn't shocked when the New Dawn leaders wanted them out of the country. He had spent time studying Gerisa while he was at the consulate.

Now they had to go. He had urged all Noralian citizens in Gerisa to go home (via SMS and email, of course) a few hours after this 'The Leader' took power. He wondered if they followed his message.Hopefully they did.

While walking along the airport lobby, he was a bit shocked to see a man running towards them. His Diplomat Guard escorts wasted no time grabbing the man.

"No, no, don't! I'm a friend! I'm a Noralian! Here's my passport!" the man said while being restrained by three Diplomat Guards.

"Guys, let him explain." They released him. "Be quiet, sir, we don't want to attract any attention!" the Guards told him. As Wyggan approached the man, his Diplomat Guards checked the man's passport.

"Sir, it's real. The passport ain't forged or anything." one of the Guards said.

Wyggan eyed the man carefully. "What is your problem?" he asked in his most helpful voice.

"Please help me. I want to get out here and see my family back in Port Jade," Paul said as tears started flowing.
  1. is MT (rarely PT)

Gerisa
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerisa » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Malius, New Dawn Council meeting
The meeting was progressing well. The owners of Gerisan businesses and corporations had agreed with the new regime's policies, which involved a mixed economy enabling private industry to grow and develop, but only on the condition that said businesses served the national interests. The foreign owned corporations that had been seized by the New Dawn were now being sold off to local Gerisan businessman, who would provide the skill and expertise to run the businesses efficiently without huge disruption to the economy. The economy was already beginning to show signs of settling down, and a recovery from the recession that had brought the New Dawn to power seemed imminent. Growth projections were high, as the new businesses created from the seizure of big foreign assets would create jobs and reduce unemployment as well. A program of developing the country's Arms Manufacturing industry to begin building a mighty war machine was also being carried out. It was imperative that the economy should grow quickly and begin providing a livelihood to those who had no hope from the incompetence of the previous democratic governments.

Of greater concern to the New Dawn Council, was the threats from Tiberia, given that the government there, through their puppet media, had already arranged for agents to enter Gerisa to make contact with "moderate elements" to strike against the regime. The Great Leader had little concern about that, given that most of those who opposed the New Dawn's rise were now being liquidated by the regime, but he didn't like the idea of agents of a foreign power snooping around in his country.

He therefore decided, in conjunction with other Council members, to issue a decree implementing the "Public Security Acts" which required all citizens of Gerisa to submit over the next two days to compulsory screening to receive ID cards and barcodes. Not told to the citizens would be the fact that the regime would then use this to update them onto a centrally run government database, enabling them to quickly track down and eliminate all citizens. According to the Public Security Acts, a citizen had to carry their ID cards at all times, and there were both regular checkpoints and random spot-checks by the new State Police Force (SPF) to monitor compliance. Those caught without ID cards could be arrested and detained indefinetely, either in one of the normal prisons, or later, in one of the secret political prison camps the New Dawn regime was in the process of constructing in the countryside. The official news justification for these draconian security measures was to "ensure public safety and the protection of the state from terroristic elements." Additional measures of the Public Security Acts included imprisonment for sabotage, espionage, or creating, distributing or believing "subversive propaganda."

Of course, if the foreign spies were in Gerisa, that meant that they would have to get ID cards too, from their, it would be relatively easy to track them if they were snooping around places that they weren't supposed to be, and if they did not get the cards, they would be quickly discovered and be able to be eliminated by the regime.

As the Council meeting broke up, the New Dawn Party issued a public declaration of it's plans for economic growth and a huge increase in GDP and industrial production, as well as announced the "Public Security Acts", informing all citizens of their new obligations.

The enemy would now be caught like rats in a trap, and with economic growth set to improve, and totalitarian security measures being implemented, the difficulty in trying to organize resistance to the new regime amongst the population would be paramount.

Malius, Abandoned Apartment

State Police Force patrol leader Gerry Henderson had just received authorization to search this apartment. Given that the government had apparently received a tip-off that foreign powers had sent spies in to infiltrate Gerisa, his unit had been on high alert, as a quiet suburban area like this would be an ideal safehouse for dissidents or foreign spies. Henderson had no idea how the enemy had tipped of the New Dawn leadership to their infiltration, or even why, but it wasn't his job to question.

With his men having just beaten and carted off the nosy foreign journalist, the orders had come in over comms to search the apartment block in this suburb. Following instructions from the regime, the hotels had been ordered to install bugs and monitoring equipment of any visitors rooms. Such bugs had now apparently revealed a man in one of the apartment rooms above them, talking, apparently too himself, but possibly, just possibly, using a hidden mouthpiece to communicate to his superiors.
Either that or the guy's crazy Henderson thought, but he didn't care either way, it was his job to bring the guy in, dead or alive. He had his three man squad were armed with police batons, bullet proof vests and small pistols hidden in the underside of their jacket pockets, it would be a relatively simple matter to draw, and fire, especially if the attack was three against one.

As he approached the door, and knocked, the call came from inside
"Be right there!", it was obvious that the man was preparing for something, the two men behind Henderson raised their batons slighly higher.

the squad tensed as the door opened...
"Oh god" they heard the man murmur

Henderson spoke quickly.
"Sir, we have information that you have been engaging in potentially criminal activities in this apartment, I am going to have too ask you too come with us whilst we have a team search your apartment."

As he spoke, simmering tension hung in the air, the two men behind Henderson were prepared to attack with batons, or to draw their guns if the man made a sudden move, they didn't mind killing him if he turned violent.

They no longer required such scruples when dealing with criminals.

(OOC: I'll let you RP your agent's reaction Tiberia)

Palaiologos II
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Palaiologos II » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Efiso surveyed his opponents. Not to win at poker, but to judge how to ask.
"Um, I fold. Say, uh- anyone know whats going on with the ID card thing?"
"Huh? Oh, and I check."
"I heard about it, but I just don't know exactly when to get it, where, or if there's any specific thing i have to do..."
"Ugh, fold. You just go to the, uh, public security place and pick one up. It seems like a load of shit to me."
"Yeah, why the hell do we need special slips with all of our information on it?"
"Keep it down you two. Besides, it's just basic security."
"Well it's been one damn day and-"
"Actuallty, I think Benito has a point. Let's be quiet."
This was good. Efiso excused himself and went to the bathroom, and sent Nikolas a text:
You really have to watch what you say around here.

He thought for a moment, and added:
There's something I want to buy but it costs $616.

Anything containing the number 616 was code for "suspicious ID situation," a reference to the mark of the beast. Not that he wasn't confident in his own safety; his job was to act natural and talk about politics to people. He won't be noticed.

The Tekkit Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tekkit Guy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:50 pm

"Sir, we've got reports of checkpoints being set up across the nation and all people being bar coded and registered." Reported XO Cameron to Captain Karison on the TNS St. Anthony.

"Well then no sense landing choppers if our people can't even get to them. We need another plan." He noted, stroking his beard.

"Actually, guided missile frigate TNS Ramada reports a contact with the 7th fleet nearby. If we meet up with them, we'd at least be safer than sitting here in hostile waters until HQ can unscrew themselves."

"Very well, helm: come starboard to heading 320, then all ahead full." He commanded. 3 bells rang on the bridge telling him the engine room received his order.

Meanwhile, defense command was debating how to save the Tekkitian citizens.

"Their airports are open, but there aren't any outbound flights for the Tekkit Empire, or really anywhere for that matter. Most of the planes have already left." noted the Foreign Minister.

"Does Tekkit Airlines have any planes with the range to reach Gerisa?" Nicholas asked.

"Well, yes, the A340's that normally fly to eastern asia can be rerouted, and the little to no civilian air traffic in Gerisa would make landing easy, but that would delay hundreds of passengers!" The Foreign minister replied.

"Alright then, I want a radio broadcast to Gerisa that a passenger plane will arrive at the airport, and priority seating will go to Tekkitians with passports, but others will be granted amnesty and asylum upon landing in Terrace. The A340 has 300 seats, I believe."

Meanwhile at Tse Zen International Airport, crowds of angry passengers cursed at the airport workers as their plane pulled away and took off without them on it. The flight board read the dreaded red "DELAYED" on flight 215 bound for Terrace.

Noralia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Good News

Postby Noralia » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:54 pm

PRESIDENT'S PALACE
Capitol City, Noralia, 08:15 NST

They had worked all night to draft a message for the New Dawn government. They knew the message wouldn't be received warmly, but they had noted what Chairman Bryshak and the NIS assessed about the ND.

"When are we going to send this?" President Ivan Lopez asked his Security Adviser.

"Probably this noon, Sir. Let the comm guys of the President's Palace handle it."

"Fair enough. Have you seen NTV 24 this morning? They report that the ND have enacted 'safety decrees' and started issuing identity cards and barcoding people. Damn, like cattle! Have we heard from our consulate there?" President Lopez asked.

"Sir, our consul general to Gerisa reports that they are in a NoralAir flight to Capitol City, along with a few citizens. They think that they'll arrive here in a couple of hours. Good news about that," the Security Adviser told the President.

"Have all of our citizens been accounted for?" the President asked.

"As far as I know, yes. But you can expect some who opted to stay behind." the Security Adviser answered.

"And are we supposed to rescue them when everything blows up, like in Sovendia? Can't they just listen to us this once?"

"As President, it would be unwise to make statements like that. Sorry about that Sir," the Security Adviser added.

"I know, but the past few weeks have caused a lot of headache to me. Of course we'll save everyone that we can save." The President looked at his watch. "Tell Askand to bring the Consul General here straight from the airport when he arrives. And tell my secretary to move my meeting with the Economy Secretary later at 10."
  1. is MT (rarely PT)

Gerisa
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerisa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 am

Malius, United Republic of Gerisa
Several days after the Revolution
The country was now under complete control. The Public Security Acts were being enforced, with compulsory ID cards, barcoding and a national database of citizens having been established. Citizens were ordered to show their ID cards at any one of the numerous checkpoints in the towns and cities, but it didn't take too long to pass through. Anybody on the street could also be randomly stopped by a State Police officer, and would be arrested if they were unable to produce their identity. The New Dawn Party had seized control of all media, including having shut off the Internet for citizens. They were establishing their own alternative regime controlled version of the Net, were all communication was monitored and censored by the New Dawn.

Economic growth had begun to pick up, which the regime was using as justification for the success of it's economic policies. And this was just the beginning. Soon the recession would be over.

The problem however, now was the reaction of foreign powers. The New Dawn had not closed off flights leaving the country, but it was prepared to, and, more significantly, other nations had been observed sending ships to try and rescue their citizens trapped in Gerisa.

The Great Leader had just issued a decree, declaring the presence of foreign ships in Gerisan waters to be "a violation of sovereignty" and urged them to leave, or be fired upon by Gerisan ships. Tekkit Airlines had announced a flight being diverted to Malius International Airport to pick up their citizens. The ND regime issued a public statement, stating that the airliner could land, but that only Tekkian citizens could leave. The ND regime would greet the plane landing on the tarmac with armed ND paramilitaries surrounding it, prepared to pull away anybody who could not present a Tekkian passport. No dissidents would be allowed to leave to Tekkit. The regime had warned, through the state media, that if the Tekkians tried to interfere in any way except the evacuation of their own citizens, they would suffer "acts of retribution" from the New Dawn.

Coastal Waters off Gerisa
Two destroyers from the new National Armed Forces (NAF) of Gerisa had just been dispatched from port too investigate reports of a sighting of a foreign vessel within Gerisan territorial waters. Exact purpose was unknown, but the regime did not want to allow a foreign ship to be snooping around near their coastline, even if it was only for information gathering purposes. The two destroyers, still crewed by relatively experienced sailors who had sworn the oath of allegiance to the New Dawn, were streaming out at full speed towards the small helicopter carrier. They had been ordered to give a warning, but only one warning, and then fire.

Captain Jillson Jersia, the CO of one of the destroyers, opened up his comm on an open channel as soon as the enemy ship came into missile range to the east. Ordering his crew to prep their missiles for fire in case it was necessary, he spoke through the open channel.

"Unidentified ship, you are currently illegally trespassing on the territorial waters of the United Republic of Gerisa. Please immediately confirm your hearing of this message and turn your ship away from our waters. Refusal to comply will result in you being fired upon, this is your only warning."

The bridge crew visibly tensed up, waiting for the confirmation, or lack thereof. The missiles sat waiting in their port, prepared to launch if necessary.

Further to the east, on the other side of the foreign ship, the second destroyer readied it's weapons as well.

The decision now rested with the foreigners.

Anglius (Ancient)
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglius (Ancient) » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:12 am

United States of Anglius
Executive Manor Situation Room

President Lindsey Caldwell swept into the room, escorted as always by his primary Secret Service bodyguard, and carrying a folder of classified printouts, most of which had been generated in the last few hours. Raising a hand, he quickly brushed aside the effort to call the room to attention, leaving the assorted military officers and civil officials in their seats.

"I'm really hoping somebody here can explain this to me."

He lifted the folder of printouts as he said this, slapping it down onto the round oak table as he took his seat.The bodyguard stood back close to the wall, constantly alert despite being in a locked, high-security conference room in a guarded building protected by Secret Service and Marines at all times.

The first to begin speaking was Secretary of State Dennis Miller, whose State Department had been tracking events in Gerisa through the Embassy there, and reports from local contacts.

"Mr. President, during the last forty-eight hours, the government of the Republic of Gerisa was overthrown by an individual calling himself the Great Leader, and his New Dawn Party, who seem to be largely Fascist and hyper-aggressive in terms of ideology. They have seized control of the organs of government, instituted a new administration based on their party ideals, executed many who held out loyalty to the old regime, and have been seeking to foment violent revolution in neighboring countries."

Next to speak was Lieutenant-General Owen Broughton, U.S.A., who held the office of Senior Officer of the Armed Forces.

"Mr. President," he began. "We have no forces currently stationed in the Republic of Gerisa itself, excepting the Marine Sentries at the Embassy, though the Navy do have some light forces nearby, a light force out on training exercises."

"What sort of force?" the President asked. Broughton checked the notepad which was always on his person before answering.

"A pair of Gearing-class destroyers, Mr. President," he said. "I have also spoken to Admiral Perry, and he has prepared an Absalon support frigate, combat modulation, with two hundred Marines to head out immediately and rendezvous with the destroyers at once."

"Have him do so once she is ready to sail," the President ordered. "Two old destroyers, one of the Navy's newest frigates, and two hundred Marines? Can we send anything else to help?"

Broughton shook his head.

"Not quickly enough to do any good, Mr. President, and we just want to secure the Embassy for the final stages of evacuation. Too strong a force could send the wrong message."

For a moment the President was silent, considering the situation.

"Alright," he said at last. "I suppose we have no other choice. Let's get this done."

Malous, the U.R.G.
U.S. Embassy Compound

From his office high in the Citadel, the tall stone building at the center of the complex, Ambassador Karl Kingston looked out at the streets. He wondered how much blood would be on the streets before this mess had been cleared up. His eyes drifted to the compound's heavy, reinforced steel gates, which had not opened once in the last two days, kept guarded by armed sentries. The boxes intended to house guards just outside the walls were left empty for safety reasons. Two fully armed and kitted Marines stood openly inside the gateway.

Kingston turned and walked back to his desk, to where a copy of the communications promising aid sat. He hoped it came in time. Most people had been evacuated, just leaving himself, his loving, lovable wife who would not leave him by himself, a skeleton staff, and a platoon or so of the Marine guards. All were slated for evacuation as quickly as possible.

He only hoped that was quickly enough.

Out at Sea

The two Gearing-class destroyers, old warships built in the days of steel hulls and guns, had already turned and begun heading towards Gerisa, going slowly so as to allow the lighter, faster-moving high-speed frigate to catch up before their arrival.
Last edited by Anglius (Ancient) on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Menavolos
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Menavolos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 am

Official Statement from the Peoples Republic Of Menavolos
As the people want Safety in their World this 'New Dawn' is forbidding Peace and Stability in the Region. As their Radicality Increases The Might of the Peoples Liberation Force stand Guard to Defend fellow nations if attacked. Consider this a Warning

Sincerely
Vince Racho
President of the Peoples Repubic of Menavolos
Vince Racho,

President of the Peoples Republic of Menavolos
IATA Member

Menavolos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menavolos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:43 am

Presidential Palace, Menavania, Menavolonian Socialist Federative Republic
7:52am MST

"Gentlemen, what is going on" stated the president.

"This Republic of Gerisa had experienced a Revolution their Country might be now Radical" Stated the Advisor.
"Send the IVth Fleet to Patrol the Gerisan waters." ordered the President

"Right away." stated the Minister of Peoples Defense

The IVth Fleet of 200 patrol boats, 5 Victory-Class Battleships, 2 Nucelar Submarines and 1 Aircraft Carrier containing 10 MiG Fighters are enroute to Gerisan Waters.
Vince Racho,

IATA Member

The Tekkit Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tekkit Guy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:45 am

The airport was a mess, as Tekkitians were hassled by paramilitary at gunpoint for their identification. As the massive airliner pulled up to the gates, 43 Tekkitian citizens ran aboard the plane. Although some other people were trying to get in, one guard pointed his rifle upwards and shot, quickly silencing them. As the sleek plane lifted off into the air, the hopes of the other foreigners sank.

At sea:

"Sir, we're being hailed. They want us to get out of their waters. Looks like they're prepared to fire on us" Announced the Communications Officer from the bridge of the TNS St. Anthony.

"Yeah, well I want us to get out of their waters too. We're sitting ducks here. How long 'till we reach international waters?" Replied the captain

"Uh, we're looking at maybe an hour or two at current speed? At least a day before we reach the 7th fleet." He replied

Suddenly, a missile streaked across the bridge and plunged into the water, then exploded. An intentional miss.

"Oh shit! Engine room, bridge, We need to overclock the engines to 110%, can we do that?" The captain asked?

"Bridge, engine room, You're good for now, but you should watch it: engine 4 is almost red-lining." replied the chief engineer from the engine room, staring intensely at a panel of gauges amidst the roar of massive diesel cylinders. The carrier hoisted a striped flag of red, white, and blue, internationally recognized as the flag of acknowledgement or the "yes" flag.

"What have we got in our 7th fleet?" Asked the captain

"They've got 2 pocket carriers: 1 helicopter, 1 fighter, 14 battlecruisers, 10 destroyers, 7 frigates, 8 corvettes, 12 missile boats, 3 nuclear attack submarines, and a 'classified ship', looks like a big one too. They are returning from arctic combat trials." Replied the Navigation Officer. "But regardless, those destroyers will catch up and sink us before we even get close to the fleet. We'd better pray they read our flag."

Menavolos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menavolos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:16 am

Near the Coat of Gersia

The IVth Fleet of the Peoples Liberation Rafts.

The Admiral Anatoly was Ordered to Fire at that Nearby Village

The Admiral Quickly responded and fires 50 Shells in the Village nearly Decimating it.
Vince Racho,

IATA Member

Gerisa
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerisa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:35 am

Menavolos wrote:Near the Coat of Gersia

The Admiral Quickly responded and fires 50 Shells in the Village nearly Decimating it.

OOC: That's a god-mod mate, you only just condemned the revolution. It hasn't escalated realistically. If you're not going to RP this realistically I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Menavolos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Menavolos » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:37 am

Gerisa wrote:
Menavolos wrote:Near the Coat of Gersia

OOC: That's a god-mod mate, you only just condemned the revolution. It hasn't escalated realistically. If you're not going to RP this realistically I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

OOC: Im trying to provoke a war mate. I started with the Condemnation then I Attacked without a Declaration of War.
Vince Racho,

IATA Member

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents