NATION

PASSWORD

IIWiki - Premier Encyclopedia for the Roleplaying Forums

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federated Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:27 am

Post War America wrote:Is there some way of reaching the admins for deletion that is not the talk page?

There's a 'Requests' channel on the Discord.
U N I T E DK I N G D O M S
of
???, ???, ???, & ???

?
?
?

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:20 am

Post War America wrote:Is there some way of reaching the admins for deletion that is not the talk page?

We prefer if you post your requests on an admin's talk page, but if you catch us elsewhere that works too. Feel free to post a list of links on my talk page and I should generally get to it within 24 hours.

(Note: when you want me to delete images, please post a File: wikilink to them. It's the easiest way for me to do it, and if you use a : prefix it won't actually post the image, just a link - e.g. [[:File:test.png]].)
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Maltropia wrote:

We prefer if you post your requests on an admin's talk page, but if you catch us elsewhere that works too. Feel free to post a list of links on my talk page and I should generally get to it within 24 hours.

(Note: when you want me to delete images, please post a File: wikilink to them. It's the easiest way for me to do it, and if you use a : prefix it won't actually post the image, just a link - e.g. [[:File:test.png]].)

I'm always a little paranoid when paring down images that I will crash the server before I have a chance to put in the request, hence my asking.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Post War America wrote:I'm always a little paranoid when paring down images that I will crash the server before I have a chance to put in the request, hence my asking.

Even if you get a Bad Gateway message, many edits will still go through. Such things tend to be fairly temporary anyway.
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

West Cedarbrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cedarbrook » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:14 pm

I uploaded a file and mistakenly named it Exports.png. Please delete ASAP - my mistake.

WC
OOC:
Pro America, Pro Israel, Pro India (BJP)
Pro Bush!

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:44 pm

West Cedarbrook wrote:I uploaded a file and mistakenly named it Exports.png. Please delete ASAP - my mistake.

WC

Probably going to want to provide your username on iiwiki...just TG Santheres or Maltropia and it'll get done faster.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Ghant
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ghant » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:29 pm

Aquitayne wrote:
West Cedarbrook wrote:I uploaded a file and mistakenly named it Exports.png. Please delete ASAP - my mistake.

WC

Probably going to want to provide your username on iiwiki...just TG Santheres or Maltropia and it'll get done faster.

Or me, since I'm an IIwiki admin that's on daily...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ghant
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Factbook | RP Resume | IIwiki Admin
Commended by Security Council Resolution #450
Recipient of the Greater Dienstad Roleplay Reward
"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!" - Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ozymandias
XX XXX
XX XXX

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Ghant wrote:
Aquitayne wrote:

It's a known fact that the Ghantish bureaucracy takes months to even open envelopes.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:42 am

Maltropia wrote:
Ghant wrote:

It's a known fact that the Ghantish bureaucracy takes months to even open envelopes.

And years to wipe it's own nose. ;)
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:53 am

Maltropia wrote:
Ghant wrote:

That is Aininian bureaucracy. :P

Post War America wrote:
Maltropia wrote:We prefer if you post your requests on an admin's talk page, but if you catch us elsewhere that works too. Feel free to post a list of links on my talk page and I should generally get to it within 24 hours.

I'm always a little paranoid when paring down images that I will crash the server before I have a chance to put in the request, hence my asking.

Which is why before I post them if I feel IIwiki is slow, I just do a ctrl+a, then ctrl+c, and if I fail, wait a few minutes, check IIwiki again: if it made it through, yay, if not, ctrl+v and hope for the best.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Lyncanestria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyncanestria » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:39 am

Pictures from Wiki Commons aren't showing up?
Pop: 64,854,527 | At arms: 227,895 (314,712 reserve)
GDP: NSD $3.099 trillion (2.869 ƒ) trillion | GDP/c: $44,371
Emperor: Philippe VIII | PM: Luc Mariard
: Vehicular accident kills 3, including Fleury CF striker :: Burgoyard seperatist demonstrations turn violent in Jugny :: After a term out of office, Mariard regains Premiership :: Emperor undertakes official visit to Vannois :: Baudelaire Systems unveil newest phone, the Astro 4 :: Moulins declares Caeseti regime "illegitimate" :

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 am

Lyncanestria wrote:Pictures from Wiki Commons aren't showing up?

Can confirm. Even an edit of my article didn't help me this time.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:39 am

Luziyca wrote:
Lyncanestria wrote:Pictures from Wiki Commons aren't showing up?

Can confirm. Even an edit of my article didn't help me this time.

Seconded on this one as well.

Our region uses Wikimedia for nearly all of our politicians faceclaims, due to not wanting to upload images that take up server space.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:46 am

North Daecon wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Can confirm. Even an edit of my article didn't help me this time.

Our region uses Wikimedia for nearly all of our politicians faceclaims, due to not wanting to upload images that take up server space.

Also, I've seen people starting to upload images that belong on Wikimedia onto here, such as this (from here here) and this (from here).

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 am

I was the one uploading those, can confirm. I used to have wikimedia for the very most of my images. I took more than those two from the site, but some I already renamed.

Pavonistade
Minister

Founded: Jan 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pavonistade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:07 am

North Daecon wrote:
Luziyca wrote:Can confirm. Even an edit of my article didn't help me this time.

Thirded if I may. Some Wikimedia images aren't showing up in my articles.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.97
President: Calvin Elmore
Vice President: Otakta Sgriki
IIwiki | Glossary | I don't use NS stats
[NEWS] Pavonistadian researchers make breakthrough in Terahertz wave generation and modulation | Selective screening protocols in place amid coronavirus concerns | "The USA is the greatest threat to Pavonistadian security," states interior minister

Lyncanestria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyncanestria » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:57 am

Pavonistade wrote:
North Daecon wrote:Seconded on this one as well.

Thirded if I may. Some Wikimedia images aren't showing up in my articles.

**all wikimedia images; the only ones showing are the images hosted on the site
: Vehicular accident kills 3, including Fleury CF striker :: Burgoyard seperatist demonstrations turn violent in Jugny :: After a term out of office, Mariard regains Premiership :: Emperor undertakes official visit to Vannois :: Baudelaire Systems unveil newest phone, the Astro 4 :: Moulins declares Caeseti regime "illegitimate" :

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:53 pm

When reporting an issue, please provide examples of articles experiencing the issue. I don't know which articles have commons images and which do not.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:00 pm

Here are some examples from my own work. They both extensively draw from wikicommons:
-Example One
-Example Two

Lyncanestria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lyncanestria » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Santheres wrote:When reporting an issue, please provide examples of articles experiencing the issue. I don't know which articles have commons images and which do not.

It's a general issue that is site-wide from what I see; here is an example, a page of historical monarchs--all save one are drawn from Wikicommons and all save that one are not rendered.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Santheres wrote:When reporting an issue, please provide examples of articles experiencing the issue. I don't know which articles have commons images and which do not.

All the Wikicommons images from Katranjiev are gone. Ditto with Luziyca. And Zelenagora, and Faatoatoaina Islam, and here as well, and here, and here, and... I can go on forever.

I am not sure if we need to start uploading every single image that we need onto IIwiki servers, especially what with IIwiki's server issues and what not. But we need to at least resolve the Wikicommons situation so we can continue to use their images.
Last edited by Luziyca on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Luziyca wrote:

All the Wikicommons images from Katranjiev are gone. Ditto with Luziyca. And Zelenagora, and Faatoatoaina Islam, and here as well, and here, and here, and... I can go on forever.

I am not sure if we need to start uploading every single image that we need onto IIwiki servers, especially what with IIwiki's server issues and what not. But we need to at least resolve the Wikicommons situation so we can continue to use their images.

"Upload all images" wouldn't be the first back-up solution. The first solution would be to use imgur wherever possible.

Actually, imgur is preferable to wikimedia commons because commons doesn't offload terribly much strain as we still have to hold on to caches from it.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:05 pm

How would we go about displaying files from imgur on iiwiki pages - if that is even possible?

Qianrong
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Qianrong » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:09 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:How would we go about displaying files from imgur on iiwiki pages - if that is even possible?

Seconded.

Also, if we switch from Commons to Imgur, would I have to, say, reupload every image that isn't showing up here (plus every other Commons image on all of my articles) onto Imgur? And would there be any potential consequences to suddenly flooding Imgur with iiWiki images?
Formerly Ruridova - Come join Kylaris!
---"Don't kill, and don't be killed, alright? That's the best you can strive for."---

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Qianrong wrote:
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:How would we go about displaying files from imgur on iiwiki pages - if that is even possible?

Seconded.

Also, if we switch from Commons to Imgur, would I have to, say, reupload every image that isn't showing up here (plus every other Commons image on all of my articles) onto Imgur? And would there be any potential consequences to suddenly flooding Imgur with iiWiki images?

My problem with it is that we have to upload every image ourselves, and before if we just wanted a image about farms on our nation page we just grabbed a Commons image.

This imgur solution, IMHO, is too bloody complicated and would probably never work out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents