NATION

PASSWORD

This is your wake-up call (FT-Closed OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:55 am

Genomita wrote:I guess I#m not the only one here who read the Mass Effect fanfic First Contact by Animus of Masada. Either that, or the Zaeri's approach to first contact is just similar because it IS a very sensible approach to communicating with another species without real knowledge of their language.

haha ha... then your gonna hate my approach to it...
because since my collective is... incapable of any common speech, as they use a mix of musical tones and birdsong, although that also extends to growls, clicks as in echolocation and a few other variant's including for some, touch and a Hive mind like quantity's.

i'm going to need a sacrifice... or two......
okay, o kay you got me....
no more then five to seven... living body's of course although a dead one is fine as long as the corpse is
... Relatively fresh...
Have fun with that thought... (Cue's evil laughter.)
The Nare [FT]/Shattered Day Enterprise's [FT]
2015 P2TM Nominated for Best School-based RP character
There is no Neo Orb. Only "The Nare". Unless its MT.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:40 am

Genomita wrote:I guess I#m not the only one here who read the Mass Effect fanfic First Contact by Animus of Masada. Either that, or the Zaeri's approach to first contact is just similar because it IS a very sensible approach to communicating with another species without real knowledge of their language.

Well, this is their first contact and they didn't really have much other choice.

The robot is there to act as a translator, observing what the Genomitans' say and compiling it with what is known about the original 3 languages spoken in the first message, along with the second message at all. It's a very smart machine and it will attempt to develop a correlation between the combined 4 languages. It will become more successful as it receives more pieces of the Genomitan language (and the other two as well), identifying grammar and word usage and translating it into Zaerian.

I've also never read any Mass Effect fanfic, and I know less about ME than I'd like to though. :p

Neo ORB wrote:

haha ha... then your gonna hate my approach to it...
because since my collective is... incapable of any common speech, as they use a mix of musical tones and birdsong, although that also extends to growls, clicks as in echolocation and a few other variant's including for some, touch and a Hive mind like quantity's.

i'm going to need a sacrifice... or two......
okay, o kay you got me....
no more then five to seven... living body's of course although a dead one is fine as long as the corpse is
... Relatively fresh...
Have fun with that thought... (Cue's evil laughter.)

Human (Alien?) sacrifice? That won't go over well with the Zaeri... :? :p

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:30 am

Some background information on Odaj and Qayati, in case you haven't noticed so far:

Odaj lacks confidence in herself, she's very humble and down to earth, very compassionate and friendly, but overall not a very good leader. She tries her best, but she ultimately fails to excel at her leadership abilities. She's somewhat shy and thinks very lowly over herself and her abilities. Her people typically badmouth her behind her back, questioning her abilities, claiming she isn't fit to lead, etc. She knows all this of course, and that just makes her feel worse. Unlike other bad leaders in Zaeri history, her people try to avoid saying such things to her face, mostly because they pity her but also because they know she's trying her hardest even if she is failing. She's generally seen as a weak, inefficient ruler, and is in many ways like a child. Even after more than 100 years of life, she's still considered inept, socially awkward, and quite naive, and in a way she is. Part of the reason she doesn't have her own children, or hasn't designated an heir, is because she knows the people would ask her to step down as soon as she did. She wants what is best for her people, but she also doesn't want to disappoint them either, so this kind of conflicts with her typical "appease everyone" strategy, which usually ends up blowing up in her face. The other reason she hasn't had children yet is because she's afraid she can't handle the responsibility of being both a leader and a parent, and she can barely handle one already. It's quite sad, actually.

Qayati on the other hand is quite confident in her abilities as a spiritual leader, and also a political one. Rumors and whispers tend to say that Qayati is the real brain behind the leadership, and in way this is true. Qayati often pities her wife, she feels bad for her, yet at the same time she thinks she needs to suck it up. She's also very paranoid, over-zealous, and extremely devout. Although she doesn't realize it, she's quite arrogant too, and believes she knows what is best spiritually and politically. Like all religious leaders, she commands the respect of the faithful without asking for it. Although she in particular is more stern, demanding, and quite authoritarian. She instills a kind of fear in her faithful flock unlike most priestesses, and shes always looking to find the bad side in others and berate them about it. In a way, she's a bit of a fundamentalist, thought not to the extent of, say, ISIS or anything like that. She's never actually been seen in public smiling before, and typically has a look of disdain or disinterest on her face, which has led to a popular joke told only in whispers among the populace, even by the extremely devout, that goes: "The day Qayati smiles is the day the world ends, the day Qayati laughs is the day the galaxy ends." She does of course smile and laugh, just rarely and not in public. The joke is about as harsh as her attitude, to be honest. If you've noticed, she doesn't particularly trust the Genomitans, and she likely never will. In fact, although she may not know it yet, she is extremely xenohpobic. However, she doesn't let it show as her faith preaches tolerance (then again it also preaches humility, and she's not too keen on that either). Think of her as a stereotypical nun. Her xenophobia will also become somewhat commonplace among the Zaeri following this first contact. Not really out of hate or fear, but more out of distrust.

Genomita
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:29 am

I had a lot of fun writing that last post. I just hope Odaj and Qayati won't be too startled by the revelation that Valtha's words were not hyperbole ^^
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:25 am

Genomita wrote:I had a lot of fun writing that last post. I just hope Odaj and Qayati won't be too startled by the revelation that Valtha's words were not hyperbole ^^

So, um, did Valtha basically just strip in front of them? Because Zaeri kind of consider it rude for guests to just start stripping in front of them without asking. Nudity isn't as big a deal for them as it is for, say, humans, but it's generally considered impolite to just run around naked all the time. It's basically the whole "it's not that being naked is wrong, it's that I might not want to see you naked" argument for them. So Zaeri do it anyway, but it's generally considered okay when it's outside due to it being so warm all the time, but only if you actually came out naked to begin with, as opposed to just walking into the market and throwing all your clothes on the ground in front of everybody. Also, it's consider rude for guests to speak like that without asking. Now, the crowd won't know the specifics, so they'll just see it as some alien talking to them and then taking their clothes off, in which case they'll mostly just be confused. Odaj and Qayati on the other hand, will definitely know better.

So if I understand this right, Valtha inadvertently just insulted them. Twice. Now, the Zaeri aren't ones to overreact, so they won't be calling for blood and trying to chop Valtha's head off or anything, and Odaj will probably look over it because she's a bit of a pushover, doesn't want to offend anybody, and understands the Genomitans are new here so they won't understand certain customs. Qayati, on the other hand, will probably be greatly offended and her face will get all crumbled up and her voice will have a noticeable taint of disdain within, and she might talk bad about Valtha behind their back too. Think of her as the stereotypical angry old lady. Except she's smoking hot. :p

But seriously, were they stripping? Because I'm having a bit of hard time understanding what she is doing in that last sentence. From what it sounds like, it sounds like Valtha was stripping, and then redressing, and then stripping again, and then finally redressing again. With their brain. So I'm kind of confused there.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:03 am

Nope, Valtha wasn't stripping. Remember that ze still wears a robe that also functions as hir "work uniform". Ze willed the suit to come off (which is no more difficult than controlling any other part of your body) after which it started moving on it's own until Valtha asked it to show the Zaeri it's inside. Sorry if it was confusing to read. I assure you that Valtha meant no offense and is neither naked nor aware that ze just offended anyone (though ze'll feel terribly sorry about once ze notices hir mistake. A more experienced envoy might have chosen a less drastic and potentially insulting way to get their point across, but Valtha made an assumption based on a perceived similarity and will likely get called out on it.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:37 am

Genomita wrote:Nope, Valtha wasn't stripping. Remember that ze still wears a robe that also functions as hir "work uniform". Ze willed the suit to come off (which is no more difficult than controlling any other part of your body) after which it started moving on it's own until Valtha asked it to show the Zaeri it's inside. Sorry if it was confusing to read. I assure you that Valtha meant no offense and is neither naked nor aware that ze just offended anyone (though ze'll feel terribly sorry about once ze notices hir mistake. A more experienced envoy might have chosen a less drastic and potentially insulting way to get their point across, but Valtha made an assumption based on a perceived similarity and will likely get called out on it.

So she just took her suit off then?

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:50 am

Pretty much. Kind of like taking off a swimsuit while keeping your remaining clothes on.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Genomita wrote:Pretty much. Kind of like taking off a swimsuit while keeping your remaining clothes on.

Ah, alright then.

That's weird, but I think I understand now.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:36 pm

Hey Geno, would it be too much to cut out this part for now:

Genomita wrote:Valtha waited until the translator was finished relaying hir words to the crowd before turning to Odaj and Qayati, looking at the priestess specifically. "By the way, it is good to see that we seem to have a similar stance on nudity, so I'm fairly sure this won't offend anyone. Please consider this a gesture of trust." The envoy spread all for of hir arms wide, and the symbiosuit that had covered hir body beneath the robe slid down to hir feet before elegantly snaking it's way up Valtha's form until was at head level with the Zaeri leaders. Valtha hirself looked perfectly calm, hir fair, toned arms and legs displaying hir phisical fitness while hir white robe only gave the merest suggestion of the slim androgynous form underneath. After a few seconds the symbiosuit completly let go of Valtha and put it's feet on the ground before executing a flawless bow to first the leaders and then the crowd. It then turned to face Valtha and, after a brief nod from the envoy turned it's back towards the Zaeri leaders and proceeded to open itself from neck to groin level, showing the spongy, tan-colored layer on the inside.

"In case you had any doubts regarding my words earlier. This inner layer allows us to connect our brains and that of the suit without the need for parts that might get damaged or torn off. It's jaws and larynx are capable of adapting a wide range of configurations to allow me to communicate in languages I wouldn't be able to speak with my own. It also functions as a space suit, complete with an additional air supply, radiation shielding and vacuum sealing abilities. Each genomitan receives a suit like this at an early age and, barring death of the suit will keep it their entire lives and both will grow and learn together. We regard them as something of a cross between a treasured pet and an extension of our own bodies, and losing one's suit is a considered a tragedy. However, if the brain can be recovered in time it is possible to grow a new body for the suit, just as we are capable of restoring or cloning lost limbs or other bodyparts."

It just makes it a bit hard to reply to when it's talking about two separate events occurring within a short period of time without even giving me a chance to reply to the first part. Not to mention, the translator is programmed to respond only to orders from authorized persons, meaning it wouldn't have translated anything without Odaj's consent. I'd just like to address these two specific things separately with different responses, and since they seem to both happen right after each other it doesn't really give me a chance to respond to the first part before moving onto the second part. I think the quoted section could go into the response to my next post, albeit slightly edited to reflect what occurs in my next post.

I just think it would be easier for me to respond then, as right now it makes it kind of difficult for me to figure out a way to work in a good response. I hope I'm not asking too much of you. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, I'd just like it to be easier for me to make a good reply.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:01 pm

All done ^^ I guess it was a bit much all at once, so sorry for gking a little overboard there. And thank you for quoting that part of the message here, that will make it a lot easier to restore and adapt to your next replx.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:10 pm

Genomita wrote:All done ^^ I guess it was a bit much all at once, so sorry for gking a little overboard there. And thank you for quoting that part of the message here, that will make it a lot easier to restore and adapt to your next replx.

Great! That'll make my reply much easier. :p

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:42 pm

This post largely wrote itself, honestly, and I'm not talking about the parts I copied from the part I cut fromn the last reply at your request. If you think Valtha's reaction is overblown, the genomitans usually hold themselves to high standards, so commiting a mistake like this would be quite embarrassing for any envoy.

And perhaps i should start using different colors for the different languages used by the Genomitans. I'm thinking this for native Genomitan, this for Standard and this for the language Valtha uses when speaking to the Zaeri. Of course I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Last edited by Genomita on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:17 pm

Genomita wrote:This post largely wrote itself, honestly, and I'm not talking about the parts I copied from the part I cut fromn the last reply at your request. If you think Valtha's reaction is overblown, the genomitans usually hold themselves to high standards, so commiting a mistake like this would be quite embarrassing for any envoy.

And perhaps i should start using different colors for the different languages used by the Genomitans. I'm thinking this for native Genomitan, this for Standard and this for the language Valtha uses when speaking to the Zaeri. Of course I'm open to other suggestions as well.

It's up to you.

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:40 pm

I guess I'll do it, though only in posts where my charas use more than one language. I'm also thinking about submitting a link to this RP for next month's State Of The Galaxy post. Because regardless of wether or not conflict breaks out in this RP (I hope it won't, but who knows) first contact is usually a big deal.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Genomita wrote:I guess I'll do it, though only in posts where my charas use more than one language. I'm also thinking about submitting a link to this RP for next month's State Of The Galaxy post. Because regardless of wether or not conflict breaks out in this RP (I hope it won't, but who knows) first contact is usually a big deal.

I think it should be submitted when it's over, definitely.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:31 pm

I hope the Genomitans like history, because...

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Well, Valtha has both a professional and personal interest in alien culture, so yeah. And i gotta admit, I expected a bit more of a reaction regarding the symbiosuit, but I guess Odaj didn't really know how to respond to that.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Genomita wrote:Well, Valtha has both a professional and personal interest in alien culture, so yeah. And i gotta admit, I expected a bit more of a reaction regarding the symbiosuit, but I guess Odaj didn't really know how to respond to that.

She hasn't quite grasped what she witnessed yet is why. She can't deny that she saw it, yet at the same time she can't understand what she saw, or believe that she saw it even though she knows she did.

Also because I myself am still not exactly sure what was going on in that scene. :p

It'd probably make more sense to actually witness than explain, IMO.

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:56 am

So, um, I have no idea what is going on in like, 50% of Neo's post.

Apparently a world was locked away somewhere, and the Nare are trying to find it, and something is about to explode and destroy everything? Did I get that right? :unsure:

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:37 pm

Yos Namoi wrote:So, um, I have no idea what is going on in like, 50% of Neo's post.

Apparently a world was locked away somewhere, and the Nare are trying to find it, and something is about to explode and destroy everything? Did I get that right? :unsure:

The Nare homeworld shifts In between realitys as a way to protect the Universe, they are a sort of genetic cancer to flesh and blood entity's if blood gets mixed.

The Nare fleet runs of abicure drives which makes the mass of a vessel 0 in order to allow it to travel beyond lightspeed by way of a sort of forcefid bubble. When the bubble is deployed however it can catch partials of energy. If these particles are released they explode due to the build up and sudden equalization of there mass. Which has enough energy to destory entire systems.

Physics go figure XD...

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Neo ORB wrote:
Yos Namoi wrote:So, um, I have no idea what is going on in like, 50% of Neo's post.

The Nare homeworld shifts In between realitys as a way to protect the Universe, they are a sort of genetic cancer to flesh and blood entity's if blood gets mixed.

The Nare fleet runs of abicure drives which makes the mass of a vessel 0 in order to allow it to travel beyond lightspeed by way of a sort of forcefid bubble. When the bubble is deployed however it can catch partials of energy. If these particles are released they explode due to the build up and sudden equalization of there mass. Which has enough energy to destory entire systems.

Physics go figure XD...

So they've got deadly blood, a home planet that likes to play hide and seek, and ships that can potentially destroy a large part of the galaxy?

The Nare sound pretty metal. :p

Genomita
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Genomita » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Hey Neo, what are the odds tgat our nations encountered each other before one way or another? Because if they're at least passingly familiar with each other the Genomitan database should at least have some important details about your ships and tech. Either way that destroyer's heat signature and the large amount of energy released when you came out of ftl should be pretty hard to miss, so I hope you don't mind when my people try to find out who just popped up in this corner of the galaxy.

Neo ORB
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo ORB » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:54 am

Genomita wrote:Hey Neo, what are the odds tgat our nations encountered each other before one way or another? Because if they're at least passingly familiar with each other the Genomitan database should at least have some important details about your ships and tech. Either way that destroyer's heat signature and the large amount of energy released when you came out of ftl should be pretty hard to miss, so I hope you don't mind when my people try to find out who just popped up in this corner of the galaxy.

Odds would be pretty good, likely in passing during past migration but the data would be ancient several ten to hundred thousand years old. Maybe your people happened to witness the end of Gelrath or found the remains of the planets civilization after the Nare had already destroyed the Temptress, or maybe Gelrath was a start up colony of yours with its native species also on Gelrath that went silent.

Most migration pods are mistaken as meteor's and meteorites so when one eventually tends to investigate the migrating "Nare" are usually in most cases already long gone from the crash site and have integrated within the native population or are watching and learning slowly from in a cloaked position.
In the case of a Temptress such as the (unknown) Gelrath... Well the planet from that point on is practically a dead-end world...

So when the Nare show up especially with a Destroyer Class... it would be... appropriate to jump a few guns if you wish and assume that the Collective's business in the system is far less then savoury.
but i'll leave that distination obviously up to you, also sorry it took me so long to get in, I had writers block for a good month on this one plus RL responsibilities... Yay for preparing to move... again...

Yos Namoi
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yos Namoi » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:51 pm

So Neo, um, are all your posts going to be that long? I'm not complaining, just curious because, well, that was a pretty damn long post. :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents