NATION

PASSWORD

E10 Summit—July 2015 [Semi-Open, Attn: E10 Council Nations]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Lexmark
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

E10 Summit—July 2015 [Semi-Open, Attn: E10 Council Nations]

Postby Lexmark » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:27 pm

E10 Council of Nations Summit - OOC Information

Please keep this thread free of out-of-character chatter. All posts should be in-character!

THEJULY2015SUMMITOFTHE
THURSDAY,JULY16TH,2015C.E.

Bienvenue, délégués. Welcome to Châtelaillon-Salles, Riom, the site of the first E10 Summit.

Today marks an historic occasion in Astyria: the implementation of a dream almost two years in the making. Long have we labored to give rise to a construct, a political organization to service the Astyrian nations, to espouse the promise of a brighter, more prosperous economic future for all that call these wonderful lands home.

The E10 Council of Nations was created with a specific purpose: to make the world a more prosperous place, to leave it better than the world we ourselves inherited. Our children, and our children's children shall read of our exploits here today, and moving forward; our work shall resonate throughout time immemorial, for as long as men draw breath into their lungs, and the Astyrian lands remain sovereign and free. We are, in effect, shaping the very future we shall leave behind.

We must remain resolute in our mission; we cannot fail in our principle goals, our mission.

There is a popular saying among Cassonnians, which I believe speaks volumes to our present condition: 'Il vaut mieux faire que dire', doing is better than saying. For all the plans that we construct, for all the plans we dream of, they mean nothing if we do not seek to achieve them. Therefore, let us now take the first steps to achieving the ultimate dream that is this Council, this coterie of nation-states. Let us work with one another to ensure the economic prosperity of all Astyrians.

Over the next several weeks, I pray that you find the amenities and hospitality of the Cassonnian people to motivate you not only to work towards the common good of your own people, but of the Astyrian people as a whole. We will make every effort to establish this Summit as the foundation for future work to the betterment of this organization and the people whom it serves. Let the labor we conduct here resonate and bear meaningful fruit in the days and weeks to come.

Therefore, I welcome you to begin dialoguing with your fellow delegates, to promote economic initiatives and plans that will benefit the most amount of people possible. This forum is open to you and your team to negotiate special arrangements with the member-states, to chart the course of your nation's economic arrangements for the foreseeable. Let us not forget our mission here, however; let us not forget what our purpose is in Châtelaillon-Salles, and we shall never fail.

I formally declare the July 2015 Summit of the E10 Council of Nations to be officially open.

Le Plus Honorable Charlotte-Éloïse de Océane Descoteaux
17th Prime Minister of the Grande Assemblée of Cassonne
Last edited by Lexmark on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 pm

THEJULY2015SUMMITOFTHE
OFFICIALPROPOSALTOTHEE10COUNCIL

Proposal To Exclude Intergovernmental Agreements from Legislation

The E10 Council of Nations will henceforth exclude all intergovernmental agreements within Astyria from being specifically, inadvertently, or otherwise targeted in legislation proposed to the E10 Council of Nations. The term "Intergovernmental Agreement(s)" will henceforth be known and recognized by the E10 Council of Nations as organizations comprised of multiple sovereign states for the purpose of obtaining or achieving a common goal. The term "targeted" in the first sentence of this proposal refers to the act of mentioning or having any intergovernmental agreements be the verb of any proposed change to legislation within the E10 Council of Nations.

Likewise, the E10 Council of Nations will affirm its steadfast neutrality in all regional affairs and will create, with funding being of equal partition between member-states, the E10 Ethics and Conduct Board, who's purpose will be to maintain the neutrality, ethical conduct, moral duty, and fair treatment of all member-states and non-signatories when said parties engage in business with the E10 Council of Nations. This board would retain the power to fine any member-state it deems is not acting in accordance with the Ten Principles and would retain the power to levy duties unto member-states when engaged in humanitarian or economic aids whilst acting on behalf of the E10 Council of Nations. This board would be comprised of one individual from each member-state and would hold office for a period of no more than six continuous years.

Amendment I: Aid & Recuse Clause
(Submitted by the Seraphic Republic of Cassonne and approved by the Constitutional Monarchy of Aquitayne)

With respect to Intergovernmental Agreements, member-states of the E10 Council of Nations would retain the legal remedy to petition the Council states for assistance should such an intergovernmental agreement unduly place economic or materiel hardship on a member-state. It shall be left to the purview of the multitude of Council states whether such an action should be considered warranted, or whether the Council must recuse itself from levying assistance.

Submitting Nation: The Constitutional Monarchy of Aquitayne

The discussion period has begun for Resolution #001. Discussion will end with the successful motion and seconding of members of the E10 Council of Nations. For more information, please keep abreast of E10 Council news.
Last edited by Lexmark on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:38 pm

Aquitayne's head delegate to the E10 stood from his seat and cleared his throat calmly. "It is the belief of the Aquitaynian government and its representatives here today that this bill will only set the course for the E10 Council of Nations and prevent it from being drawn into bloc crises or intranational affairs that do not immediately interfere with the mission statement of the E10. With rising political tensions all across the region and conflicts breaking out almost every other month, the E10 must remain a neutral body for the betterment of all Astyrians and to that end lay the foundation to accomplish it. We are open to revising the second paragraph of the bill regarding the proposed Ethics and Conduct Board, but the first paragraph regarding intergovernmental agreements will not be negotiable."
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:34 am

Delron Belcourt, the pro tempore minister of the Seraphic Republic of Cassonne to the E10 Council of Nations, respectfully and attentively listened to the proposal of Aquitayne, and the justification presented thereafter by the Aquitaynian delegation. The Cassonnaise team had been talking quietly amongst themselves during the presentation, taking great care to acknowledge strengths and concerns with the proposed measure, the very first of its kind for the E10. And though the Seraphic Republic was generally independent of the intergovernmental agreements sought to be protected by the proposal, the Republic's ties to the Gaulic League was important enough to warrant further consideration.

At the bequest of the delegation, Belcourt leaned forward towards the microphone after the Aquitaynian minister had finished his proposal, speaking clearly and concisely. "Nous avons une condition: we have a condition to this proposal."

"Before we address our concern, first allow me to commend the Aquitaynian delegation for their consideration in this matter, and for having the conviction to open discussion with the E10 Council states. As representative for the Cassonnaise delegation, we would like to extend our support towards the merits of this proposal, and for the principles of compliance that we feel best protect the future of the E10 Council of Nations moving forward."

"Notwithstanding, I would like to urge the Aquitaynian delegation to consider a potential amendment to the present proposal. As we all here know, there exists a certain compunction of intergovernmental partnerships to claim agency over the affairs of an extended territorial purview. Because of the nature of geopolitical and socioeconomic arrangements, one arrangement's purview may overlap with another. In those instances, the possibility of a diplomatic incident rises exponentially, which broadens the possibility that a member-state of our illustrious Council may find itself under punitive action from such an partnership.

"As we all know, sometimes actions are taken with due respect and caution to other states. However, there exists the possibility for a wanton act of irresponsibility to affect the materiel property of another state. The E10 should never directly intervene militarily, for such is not a part of our charge. However, as sovereign states and allies in the bonds of cooperation engendered by the E10, the many Council states should retain the right to financially assist those nations who are unduly effected by such an intergovernmental agreement, at the discretion of the Council states. We in Cassonne believe this amendment to uphold the spirit of the proposal, while giving the Council states the authority to stand united in the face of unchecked aggression."

"The Cassonnaise delegation hereby presents the following amendment for consideration by the Aquitaynian delegation."

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: AID & RECUSE CLAUSE
With respect to Intergovernmental Agreements, member-states of the E10 Council of Nations would retain the legal remedy to petition the Council states for assistance should such an intergovernmental agreement unduly place economic or materiel hardship on a member-state. It shall be left to the purview of the multitude of Council states whether such an action should be considered warranted, or whether the Council must recuse itself from levying assistance.
Last edited by Lexmark on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:42 am

The Aquitaynian delegation listened carefully to the Mr.Belcourt's statement, noting carefully the language in which he used and that of the proposed amendment. The delegation, which was composed of about four individuals, all ranging from sociological, economic, political science and governmental backgrounds, conversed quietly among themselves. They looked over the proposed amendment and, after not more than a minute or two of discussion, came to a consensus.

The head of the delegation, Mr.Kar'Hak Agathor, rose and turned to his Cassonnaise counterparts. "After some brief deliberation, let the record show that the Aquitaynian delegation fully supports and approves of the amendment proposed by the Cassonaise delegation, 'Aid & Recuse Clause'."
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Felicia Alderhauten, the head delegate of Neu Engollon to the E10, sat in her seat in the large chamber watching the Aquitaynian delegate speak and also noting the reactions of her fellow Astyrian delegates. She took a moment to glance at her co-delegate from the Confederacy, Armando Carlezzo. He nodded back. There was no need for discussion between them as they had gotten instructions from the Federal Council and President Garavano on just such a scenario.

Felicia took one more moment as she stood up, smoothed her skirt, tucked her black shoulder length hair back and waited for the Aquitaynian minister to finish. When it was her turn, she spoke,

"It is the belief of our government that this is most acceptable to us and we affirm the proposal. We further believe and also agree that this economic body must never take it upon itself to put undo pressure on any Astyrian nation, member or otherwise, to intervene militarily or politically in any other nation's affairs, as that is not the perceived purpose or goal of this institution." She paused to look around, noting the expressions of Belcourt and Agathor.

"...While our nation has been dragged into peacekeeping efforts in the recent past, it is the current administration's stated goal to get ourselves back to a firm stance of neutrality. Should this economic group choose to push it's force upon other nations in such a menacing manner or so obviously align with one nation over another, we could no longer be a part of such a group." She gave a small hand wave gesture over her dias, to indicate she was finished speaking.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Empire of Symphonia
Minister

Founded: Jul 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Symphonia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:56 pm

Satoshi Takeyama watched the ongoing deliberations with mild interest, the rest of the AFN's E10 delegation behind him quietly jotting down notes and scripts to be sent back to the AFN's Ministry of Trade and Economics for safekeeping. With the E10 just now beginning to form a cohesive shape, the instructions from West Genevira had been simple: "Do not interfere unless told otherwise". It was in the best interest of the AFN to simply let matters pass unless there was a direct stake to be protected or interest to be pursued, after all with the ongoing crisis in Insula Fera that was seeing Symphonia potentially be regarded unfavorably in other international forums.

The proposal by the Aquitaynians and the following amendment fell into the easy category of "Acceptable", in terms of non-interference by the E10 in AFN economic policies. As such, no real objections were to be made. After all, if the United Kingdom could be legally protected, then all the better for Symphonia to back the proposal.

Takeyama stood, nodding politely to the other representatives.

"The delegation of the Asian Federation of Nations unequivocally gives its support towards this proposal and its adjoining amendment. Each nation has unique situations that must require equally distinct solutions, some of which may prove distasteful to others. To therefore preserve the impartiality of this institution is to ensure that it will not fall into the same partisan traps that have befallen other organizations."
Self-described centrist
Likes: Western democracy, capitalism, the Queen, Japan, Republic of China
Dislikes: Religious fundamentalism; discrimination based on sexuality, race, gender, and religion
My Political Compass

Please call me Symph. Please excuse me for lapses in GE&T. I'm a busy person too.

Khade
Secretary

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khade » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:26 pm

As Takeyama made his remarks, the main door to the chamber opened, and low voices could now be heard in the background. "Sorry, thanks again," one of the voices was saying in hushed tones, and its owner came in through the door, pulling it shut behind him and looking sheepishly around the room. The man was Duder Molatiri, the Earl of Canve and Cadenza's senior ambassador to the E10. With apologetic whispers he made his way to his seat, taking the legal pad proffered by one of his assistants, who had all arrived before the session opened. He took a moment to skim over the notes.

He had read the Aquitaynian and Symphonian proposals on the way over, and while he knew the Duke's government would oppose the provisions of the latter he could see no reasonable objection to the former. What did that leave him to say? He rose.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my apologies for my tardy arrival. I gather from my colleagues that what is to be said has, with perhaps one exception, been said. The Cadenzan Duchy applauds the cause of neutrality. However," and here he paused for a moment, "I worry that this proposal could restrict this body too much. While at the outset it seems fully in accord with, ah," - he glanced down at his notes - "the Third Principle, who are we to assume right here and now that intergovernmental agreements are immune from the concerns that allow us to impose sanctions on malevolent governments? I do not doubt the intentions of our comrades from Aquitayne, but I stress the importance of considering the possible consequences and limitations of such legislation, particularly at this early stage. This is when we start shaping the E10, and we must be careful in doing so correctly."

Molatiri looked deliberately around the room and sat himself down again. Now to see what reactions he got.
Last edited by Khade on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
― The Cadenzan Duchy
The shining gem of west Astyria
:a proud protectorate of the Trellinese Empire:
Puppet of Maltropia; dependency of Trellin.

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Mr.Agathor stood as the delegate from Cadenza took his seat, preparing to address the concerns he was displaying. "While this delegation understands the concerns by the delegate from the duchy of Cadenza, we must stress that this proposal is not saying that the concerns of intergovernmental agreements are immune from the purview of the E10. What it states is that they should not be the specific nature of any legislation; if the member-states of an agreement need be addressed as a collective, they can easily be grouped together individually within a single proposal. The E10 must not fall into the East-West divide that plagues Astyria, and that is precisely what this proposal will aim to prevent.

The delegation of Aquitayne moves to rest debate and petitions the pro tempore move the floor for vote."

Mr.Agathor sat back down and waited for the response.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents