NATION

PASSWORD

Ideas for Character RPs

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Onyenu
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Ideas for Character RPs

Postby Onyenu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Heres a place I thought of were someone can post propose an idea for a character RP or post a link to one theyve started. Personally, I see that there are not enough of them and this woul be a good spot to find them.

Kylrya
Attaché

Founded: Dec 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylrya » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm

well, I have one going here, but iit's signup. It's about my country being invaved, the government collapsing and a psycho gaining power over the remnants after the war.
Fatatatutti wrote:
One of our national heroes is Alphonse the duck. He does nothing but eat and sleep, much like most royals. Unlike most royals, he doesn't brag about it.

The Republic of Lanos wrote:THIS
IS
NATIONSTATES!!!!!

Welcome to Hell.

Seculartopia wrote:I, wearing heavy duty industrial gloves, hand you a Lonomia caterpillar. Happy birthday!
Arumdaum wrote:
The Scandinvans wrote:
Tretskivucia wrote:My history teacher got the route Hannibal took to italy wrong.
What route did she say that Hannibal took?

Obviously they took the route from China.

You see, it's pure logic. Everyone says that they are digging a hole to China. However, if everybody can dig a tunnel to China, then obviously anyone can get to Italy from China.

Junkyland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Junkyland » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

This is a freakin awesome zombie killing RP. Here's the link. It's called Zombie Survival RP.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=29970
I just want you to please note that any knowledge I show throughout NS is based off of a 3rd grade education. All this means is that I probably know absolutely nothing about any subject I post about.
Thank God for Wikipedia!

Former President of Forum 7, for some reason . . .

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:55 pm

bump

TURGOV
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TURGOV » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:04 pm

I have one idea,that would sort of serve as back story for my nation but how about, some men are held captive in Turgov and are experimented on to developer our newest mutant warriors. During the course of the experiments several die off, but a tribe of others escape into the mountains of Northern Turgov. A hunting party is assembled to hunt down the mutants but they all get massacred. Years later there is one old beast left, with a massive price on it's head. we all RP hunters,mercenaries, and adventure seekers who try to take down the last beast and possibly each other in the process.
Last edited by TURGOV on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17:27-Ozymos-IN DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY GAELIC SPEED METAL FOLK BLUES ROCK FLUTE MUSIC WITH CELTS. AND KILTS. AND CELTS IN KILTS. IN CANTEENAS

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:11 pm

that sounds awesome, im in.

TURGOV
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TURGOV » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Alright, Thread will be up tomorrow (GMT-5:00)
17:27-Ozymos-IN DARKNESS OF THE FAR FUTURE THERE IS ONLY GAELIC SPEED METAL FOLK BLUES ROCK FLUTE MUSIC WITH CELTS. AND KILTS. AND CELTS IN KILTS. IN CANTEENAS

Kovasckitz
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kovasckitz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Maybe we could do a civil war for a country like RL Rome. There could be the ruling empororer who's losing support, maybe a senate army, or an army that supports a free republic rather than an empire, as well as some governers or princes raising armies to march on the capital. Also invading armies from less civilized lands or smaller countries taking advantage of the situation could be brought in...
NationStates - A schizophrenic tale of morality, love, passion, debate and left-wing insanity in the world. Watch the Nations of the world scrape to the top of the pile in an undying effort to not only control the rest of the world but piss it off one person at a time.

Long Spoiler
Skirtingboard wrote:I will destroy the invaders. Through interperative dance.

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Urcea wrote:Are you guys criticizing the messager or the message? As far as I'm concerned, the message itself is solid.

So is poop.

Unless you've one too many tacos.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.

ಠ_ಠ

TURGOV
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TURGOV » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:15 pm

I have the mutant hunt RP up. If you join make your OP about your character arriving in the Turgovian village of Granich.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34953

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:02 pm

BUMP

Junkyland
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Junkyland » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:20 am

Hey, I made a new thread. It's like Resident Evil...

The White Knight Virus (Open Thread Sign Up)

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35212
I just want you to please note that any knowledge I show throughout NS is based off of a 3rd grade education. All this means is that I probably know absolutely nothing about any subject I post about.
Thank God for Wikipedia!

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:02 pm

BUMP

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:03 pm

This is a thread where a group of rebels are trying to take down an entire government and kill the powerful dictator. Its only a few posts old, but you need to send an apllication to this thread.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35781

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:03 pm

This is a thread where a group of rebels are trying to take down an entire government and kill the powerful dictator. Its only a few posts old, but you need to send an apllication to this thread.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35781

The Walden Estates
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Walden Estates » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:08 pm

I'm thinking of creating an RP where members of a spaceship find a huge space-hospital full of all different kinds of ETs with different physiological classifications and needs and try to figure out whats wrong with them all
~Prime Minister John Milton Salinger, of the United Federation of the Walden Estates.

"I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed. "-Mohatma Ghandi.

Political Compass:
Economic left/right -8.75
Libertarian/anarchist: -8.41
Ghandi was the closest world leader to my position.

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 pm

:shock: Sounds like a.....intresting story, but your going to need a little bit more engaging part of it then just that

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:10 pm

BUMP

The Walden Estates
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Walden Estates » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Onyenu wrote::shock: Sounds like a.....intresting story, but your going to need a little bit more engaging part of it then just that

Medical dramas are engaging... just watch ER or House.
~Prime Minister John Milton Salinger, of the United Federation of the Walden Estates.

"I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed. "-Mohatma Ghandi.

Political Compass:
Economic left/right -8.75
Libertarian/anarchist: -8.41
Ghandi was the closest world leader to my position.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 pm

rebuilding infrastructure harmoniously with nature after the collapse which has resulted from today's mundane world not being. population has imploded so there are a lot of ruins. many of which are still major health hazards, though not invariably fatal. some are being reoccupied, and or salvaged for materials.

petroleum is essentially gone, making carbon based polymers a precious commodity. coal isn't being mined either.
most people are no longer willing to participate in large scale centralized projects and the culture has turned against doing so. but this doesn't mean technology nor advanced technological education has been abandoned.
but it does mean most things are done on the smallest possible and most intimate scale.

the only major exceptions being transportation, energy and data communications infrastructure.
and even here, succinct form factor is the aesthetic of the day.

this is the setting in which my own nation of cameroi has emerged.

themnax who is one of its elected coordinators, called low persons, is also a bit a designer, artecnicist and imagineer, and not afraid to get his hands greasy as a mechanician either.

distributed wind and solar feed into what's left of 'the grid' and transportation runs on stored energy with solar and grid recharging. most of the latter runs on some kind of rails. very small form factor rails/guideway at that.

the data grid is largely bounced off of remaining comm satellites, though some fiber optic land lines still remain.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

TURGOV
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby TURGOV » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:22 am

Cameroi wrote:rebuilding infrastructure harmoniously with nature after the collapse which has resulted from today's mundane world not being. population has imploded so there are a lot of ruins. many of which are still major health hazards, though not invariably fatal. some are being reoccupied, and or salvaged for materials.

petroleum is essentially gone, making carbon based polymers a precious commodity. coal isn't being mined either.
most people are no longer willing to participate in large scale centralized projects and the culture has turned against doing so. but this doesn't mean technology nor advanced technological education has been abandoned.
but it does mean most things are done on the smallest possible and most intimate scale.

the only major exceptions being transportation, energy and data communications infrastructure.
and even here, succinct form factor is the aesthetic of the day.

this is the setting in which my own nation of cameroi has emerged.

themnax who is one of its elected coordinators, called low persons, is also a bit a designer, artecnicist and imagineer, and not afraid to get his hands greasy as a mechanician either.

distributed wind and solar feed into what's left of 'the grid' and transportation runs on stored energy with solar and grid recharging. most of the latter runs on some kind of rails. very small form factor rails/guideway at that.

the data grid is largely bounced off of remaining comm satellites, though some fiber optic land lines still remain.

I'd be interested if this is an RP. Link please?

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:12 pm

BUMP

Junkyland
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Junkyland » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm planning on either making another zombie thread or one about a expostion for a dinosaur in Africa.
Thank God for Wikipedia!

Onyenu
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Onyenu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:07 am

please god. oh my bad about ditching the white night, i was just having too much H.W. and shit and i couldnt handle it.

BUMP

Junkyland
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Junkyland » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:32 am

Onyenu wrote:please god. oh my bad about ditching the white night, i was just having too much H.W. and shit and i couldnt handle it.

BUMP

Yeah, it seems like most people are just not posting at all. I guess I'm just going to close it or something.
Thank God for Wikipedia!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents