NATION

PASSWORD

Where Democracy Goes to Die (Alt Universe/Semi-Open/OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Where Democracy Goes to Die (Alt Universe/Semi-Open/OOC)

Postby Aznazia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Where Democracy goes to die
http://i.imgur.com/5s9Pd7s.png
The World in 2006

In the Winter of 1922 the Russian revolution seemed to be coming to a close as White forces marched on St. Petersburg to defeat the Red revolutionists. US and British troops also marched on the city with them in an all out winter offensive on the besieged city. However unbeknownst to the Reds, the White forces were undermanned and sick from the winter. In the end the attack failed but did enough damage that it forced the two sides to the negotiation table. The north would be taken by the Communist forces under the command of Stalin while the south would become the Pro-Democratic and Capitalist United Federated States of Russia.

Mean while Vladimir Lenin was traveling the world trying to find nations that would support the Communist revolution. Then in 1929 the world was brought to it's knees by a crippling Economic Depression that struck the world like a tidal wave. As a result of the tough economy climate, extremist groups rose across the world like Germany. America continued to sink further into the Depression as people lost hope in Herbert Hoover. Franklin Roosevelt's death in 1926 from Polio lead to what looked like a bottomless pit without a New Deal. In 1933 Adolf Hitler was elected as the Chancellor of Germany and Vladimir Lenin makes his way into the US under a false name. By 1934 he secretly creates a new Communist party in the US that wins 4 Congressional seats under the promise for a new day that will dawn in the United States and that all will get equal pay and representation. By 1936 more Senators and Congressmen are elected as they use rhetoric penned by Lenin himself that paints the Founding Fathers as the founders of Social Justice for the common people. This new "Patriotic" wave of Communism lifts the US up towards a economic recovery. In late 1936 Lenin finally dies and his death is morned by his supporters at a small ceremony at a supporter's house. To win voters the President of the United States appoints Communist Party Leader Henry O'Malley as his Secretary of State. In September 1939 Hitler launches his attack on Poland with the Soviet Union and Europe is plunged into World War 2.

Then the night before the 1940 Presidential Election results, a group of men in dark clothing sneak into the White house and Capital building. Americans wake up to find the radio waves abuzz with news that the President has been killed by Democrat and Republican extremists who feel the nation has slipped to far to Communism. The Capital has been destroyed and Henry O'Malley has been appointed President until further notice. Members of the communist party rise up and join in the People's Volunteer Army to hunt down Democrats and Republican extremists. About 75% of Americans who do not support the Communists find themselves under arrest and the American Army retreating to the mid-west. As the nation collapses into it's second civil war the US army suffers defeat after defeat as it is pushed further west.

Hitler declares war on Russia and the Soviet Union in 1941 after Spanish and Italian troops take France and invade North Africa. The two Russia's try to hold off the Germans while agreeing to not attack each other. In 1941 the Battle of San Francisco is a major loss for the US which results in the loss of the West Coast. About 32 million Americans flee through Canada into Alaska to escape Communist forces who secure the mainland US. The Same year Japan invades Hawaii and seizes the US territory in 4 months but allows the US government to keep Alaska believing that the Communist forces will one day want the frozen US territory. Germany signs a cease fire with the two Russia's in 1944 after Hitler is killed by conspirators at the Wolf's Lair. The new Nazi party stops the war with Britain and enacts reforms to stop the persecution of Jews but still look to one day destroy the two Russia's. By 1945 the world Balance has changed and been twisted into a new age of darkness.

The current year is 2006, The United People's Republic of America has created a generation of people indoctrinated in the Communist ways and allied with the Soviet Union. Their interventions in the Americas have created a Communist sphere the stretches from Canada to Columbia. Over in Europe The German Reich, The New Roman Empire and The Kingdom of Spain are the masters of Europe and North Africa. Britain is now a German satellite state with many leaders and people fleeing to India and Australia where Democracy hangs on by a thread. In Asia, the Chinese have been fighting their 3rd civil war since for 7 years while the Empire of Japan controls the Chinese coast. At the top of the world in Alaska, the US Government in Exile has been struggling to support it's growing population with the assistance of Free Canadian forces that fought off an invasion by the UPRA and Communist Canada in 1973 with the assistance of the United Federation of Russia. South America is also a place of salvation for Democracy with Brazil fighting off Fascist Argentina.

In this dark era where Fascism and Communism reign supreme, how will you act? Will you join forces to destroy one side, or take on all sides to achieve world domination?

Rules:

1.) Keep it friendly

2.) Try to stay reasonable

3.) Don't Number Spam

4.) If you have an issue contact me

5.) You may claim one nation as shown on the map

Nations:

The US Government in Exile: Aznazia

German Reich: Vekalse

Brazil: Smoya

Reserved:

United Kingdom: Amuaplye

Angola: USJR

Application:

Code: Select all
NS Nation Name:
RP Nation:
Military Numbers:
Population(Add the population of the RL nations your nation has conqured):
Tech (Examples may include German, Italian, Free Russian, etc.):
Policy (Defense, offensive, coalition building,etc):
RP Experience if you desire:
Last edited by Aznazia on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:45 am, edited 13 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

Vekalse
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Reserve Germany for Vekpai.
Last edited by Vekalse on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You heard it here first. Kidding, you probably heard it from Lindenhole: I am literally insane. :P

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qseH6-DV2gc

Rezua
Minister

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Is german still evil?
My second language is Sindarin

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Rezua wrote:Is german still evil?

Yup...

Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Don't know If I want Commie America or Soviet Russia.

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Who do I be? They're all evil.

"The best liars are those who tell the truth most of the time" - Vin Mistborn: The Final Empire

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"- Elodin The Name of the Wind

“Sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a man in the process of changing" - Dalinar Oathbringer

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Rezua wrote:Who do I be? They're all evil.

Brazil, Australia, South Africa, India, China, the United Federation of Russia

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 pm

When will IC be up, Az?
You heard it here first. Kidding, you probably heard it from Lindenhole: I am literally insane. :P

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:21 pm

I'll be Brazil please.
Last edited by Smoya on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Sunalaya!

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Smoya wrote:I'll be Brazil please.

I expected as much.

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Smoya
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Smoya » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Vekalse wrote:
Smoya wrote:I'll be Brazil please.

I expected as much.

Not just Brazil though. I have plans... :twisted:
Visit Sunalaya!

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:31 pm

Smoya wrote:
Vekalse wrote:
I expected as much.

Not just Brazil though. I have plans... :twisted:

:shock:

I saw nothing, mein fuhrer.

*backs away*

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Reserve UK.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:12 am

Tagging Angola if that is possible
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:40 am

Aznazia wrote:
Rezua wrote:Who do I be? They're all evil.

Brazil, Australia, South Africa, India, China, the United Federation of Russia

Australia

Rezua
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rezua » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:50 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
NS Nation Name: Rezua
RP Nation: Australia
Military Numbers (may be no higher than 2X RL size): 1 million in war, 300,000 active
Population(Add the population of the RL nations your nation has conqured): 25.7 million (I'm saying 5 million people fled from western nations)
Tech (Examples may include German, Italian, Free Russian, etc.): Tech of the British
Policy (Defense, offensive, coalition building,etc): Defense
Last edited by Rezua on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eorlingan Empire
Attaché

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Eorlingan Empire » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:39 am

NS Nation Name: The Eörlingan Empire
RP Nation: Sweden
Military Numbers: 17,452 active soldiers, 19,801 active guardsmen, 31,549 reserve personnel, 1,723,108 fit for service.
Population(Add the population of the RL nations your nation has conqured): 9.08 million
Tech (Examples may include German, Italian, Free Russian, etc.): Uhhhh.... Swedish? Whatever they've got, I guess. I'll find out when I have to.
Policy (Defense, offensive, coalition building,etc): Defensive, Neutral. More likely to align with less-oppressive leftist nations.
RP Experience if you desire: Plenty. Don't worry about that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lispanola
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lispanola » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:00 am

Darnit, Smoya took Brazil. Can you reserve Peru please?

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:05 am

Eorlingan Empire wrote:NS Nation Name: The Eörlingan Empire
RP Nation: Sweden
Military Numbers: 17,452 active soldiers, 19,801 active guardsmen, 31,549 reserve personnel, 1,723,108 fit for service.
Population(Add the population of the RL nations your nation has conqured): 9.08 million
Tech (Examples may include German, Italian, Free Russian, etc.): Uhhhh.... Swedish? Whatever they've got, I guess. I'll find out when I have to.
Policy (Defense, offensive, coalition building,etc): Defensive, Neutral. More likely to align with less-oppressive leftist nations.
RP Experience if you desire: Plenty. Don't worry about that.

They would probably import a lot of German made technology and military equiptment.
Last edited by Aznazia on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:05 am

Lispanola wrote:Darnit, Smoya took Brazil. Can you reserve Peru please?

You sure can.

Ripuaria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:53 am

NS Nation Name: Ripuaria
RP Nation: Arabia
Military Numbers: 3,869,000(Saudi Arabia + Egypt + Iran)(1.9% of the population)
Population(Add the population of the RL nations your nation has conqured): 195,081,798(Saudi Arabia + Egypt + Iran)
Tech (Examples may include German, Italian, Free Russian, etc.): Imports from the Turks and Germans(Really depends on who are allies)
Policy (Defense, offensive, coalition building,etc): Defense of Worldwide Sunnis and suppression of Shias
Only high quality posts are provided here!*
*For complains TG me so I could ignore you :3

Aznazia
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:39 am

Ripuaria wrote:NS Nation Name: Ripuaria
RP Nation: Arabia
Military Numbers: 3,869,000(Saudi Arabia + Egypt + Iran)(1.9% of the population)
Population(Add the population of the RL nations your nation has conqured): 195,081,798(Saudi Arabia + Egypt + Iran)
Tech (Examples may include German, Italian, Free Russian, etc.): Imports from the Turks and Germans(Really depends on who are allies)
Policy (Defense, offensive, coalition building,etc): Defense of Worldwide Sunnis and suppression of Shias

You also probably have a lot of German troops stationed there due to the United Federation of Russia's boarders. Also you are a Facist puppet government of Germany.

Vekalse
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vekalse » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:42 am

Muwhahahahahahahahaha

JASONHOLT for LIFE. <3
Jasonholt Theme

WATCH UNTIL YOU CRY! xD

Trelark
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trelark » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:18 pm

NS Nation Name: Trelark
RP Nation: Italy (New Roman Empire?)
Military Numbers: 8.48 million (3.1%)
Population(Add the population of the RL nations your nation has conquered): ~ 273.7 million (Subtracted 5% from original 288.1 million to account for people fleeing, and other reasons I can't think of that probably exist)
Tech (Examples may include German, Italian, Free Russian, etc.): Italian with imports from Germany
Policy (Defense, offensive, coalition building,etc): Defense and some coalition building

• Italy
  • Greece
  • Macedonia
  • Slovenia
  • Croatia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Montenegro
  • Albania
  • Algeria
  • Libya
  • Tunisia
  • Sudan
  • South Sudan
  • Ethiopia
  • Djibouti
  • City of Montpellier, France
  • City of Marsielle, France
3.1% seemed reasonable for a military size, I am not really knowledgeable on the subject so help would be appreciated if it is needed.

United Soviet Jason Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Soviet Jason Republic » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:44 pm

NS Nation Name: United Soviet Jason Republic
RP Nation: The People's Republic of Angola
Military Numbers:
Population: 26,383,301 (just added because in this timeline we have more food, not more land. +2 million people.)
Tech: American
Policy: Offensive/Coalition (Workers of the World Unite!)
RP Experience if you desire: You know me!

History- In 1975 Angolan nationalist seized independence during the collapse of Portugal due to a fascist military coup. Imminently following this coup there was a brief power struggle between the Fascist, Democratic and Communists elements of the liberation effort. Due to the weakened idea of democracy the fascists and communists quickly became the center of the conflict. With the promise of food to the people, a better life and sustainability the Communists Party of Angola eventually defeated the Fascist elements, who fled into exile in Italy-held North Africa and the DRC. Following the five year civil war, ending in 1980 Angola began to reform, seizing former colonial overlord land and creating state farms. These farms produced large quantities of grain, fruit and cash crops which the country exported in order to fund internal improvement and housing programs. Using the Incan Mit'a system the state farms are ran by the goverment to fund the rest of the economy. State oil and mining operations are ran in the same fashion. Following a Leninist policy small private enterprises are encouraged by the central goverment.

With the export of oil to the US and other exports the Angola economy is stable. However, the Angolan goverment in recent years has undergone a massive change and militarization period. It is assumed the Party will try to spread commuism into the heart of Africa and stand off against Italian and Spanish incurians into the continent. However, to their south, South Africa waits. They tried to help the Republicans in the war, to no avail, and are a foe of Angola.
Former Vise Chairmen and Chairmen of the Libertarian Freedom Party
Jamestown Journal
"There are words I can spell. There are words I can't spell. Then there are words I don't care to spell." -Me

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents